Who Did You Choose to Leave Behind? EP 5

So big spoiler obvioiusly.

Even though it killed me I left Asher behind. After everything Rodrik has been put through with fighting the Whitehills, defying them, biding his time, I couldn't leave him there for Gryff, to be killed while he had that smary smug look on his face. Nope! But it felt out of character when Asher stayed behind- like as the oldest and the lord, Rodrik would have made sure Asher was saved, and sacraficed himself. What frustrates me is that they are both such good, well-developed characters that are truly interesting, and I don't think it was a good "time" for either of them to go. Neither story arc felt like it had come to fruition. Maybe telltale is trying to make a point, ("That's what game of thrones makes you feel like!")

There are some things that are making me question my choice. Asher was a better fighter than Rodrik, and the pit fighters are less likely to want to follow him. But Talia and Elena need Rodrik, as well as the rest of the family. Losing him could crush them completely.

How about everyone else?

Comments

• I left Rodrik It was a super hard decision for me but I couldn't let Asher's story end there, Rodrik was one of my favourite characters though.

• I saved Rodrik and of course sacrificing Asher was frustrating.

But I'd be damned if I had let Rodrik's story arc of revenge end like that in such an anti-climatic brutal way. Asher's story interested me much less, I hated Essos, did not care for Beskha, sure I was eager for his return because finally I would be able to play him where he belonged, but when the decision came up, my choice was made. I was much less invested in Asher's story than in Rodrik's.

• I left Rodrik behind because I felt he was the older brother and it was his duty to take care of his siblings.

• With a heavy heart and after lot of pondering, I chose to save to Rodrik! He is the lord of ironrath and for him to be humiliated/sacrificed by gryff after all the ordeals he's been through didn't seem right. Asher was definitely my fave but I had to make him do one cool thing before he died and before I cried!

• I left Roderick behind as much to many peoples dismay I think this story is gonna take a turn for the worse if asher isn't lord gwyn is manipulative and I think if asher is lord shell have a harder time because he knows her better it would also work towards ur advantage to because u could also blind her and play her more easily I think it will also put a nice spin on the story because now asher is back and chances are lord white hill wontlike tht because gwyn will be all over him. he also fits as lord to me as well because if u think bout it hes the only over the course of his life tht has been changed he was exiled lived a completele different life and is a little less hotheaded from ive seen in the choices I think heel soot the role the best Roderick was more prideful to me asher is more stern like iron he wont bend over backwards but hes not against doing things right . plus the fact evryoine in the game practically says they would follow asher the most outa the three brothers

Sign in to comment in this discussion.