Lucan

...is one creepy guy.

Honestly, I feel like he's just always lurking around the corner in the Red Keep.

Does anyone else feel like that he's always there when we least need him to be?

Comments

• Meryn Trant copy 101

• Tell me about it. It seems like his made it his life's mission to stalk Mira. As I said before, if he is going to be our Javert he could at least sing about it.

• I wouldn't say he's a stalker he certainly does have an agenda against Mira though.

• How is he a Meryn Trant copy? Because their both guards?

Clemenem posted: »

Meryn Trant copy 101

• As annoying as he is and as much as I dislike him, it is understandable. He saw Mira with Damien just before Damien disappeared. I am extremely distrustful of characters that did much less.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I wouldn't say he's a stalker he certainly does have an agenda against Mira though.

• Exactly! I wonder if he's mentioned his suspicions to Cersei? We'll probably get questioned on why we were with Damien that night.

Abeille posted: »

As annoying as he is and as much as I dislike him, it is understandable. He saw Mira with Damien just before Damien disappeared. I am extremely distrustful of characters that did much less.

• edited August 2015

I hope that happens. I wouldn't like Mira to get off the hook so easily. She did kill a man/knows who killed him, after all, even if he was trying to kill her. If that can lead to us finding out who sent Damien, even better.

Although I fear that the last part will be during Mira's "confrontation". You know how protagonists in TellTale games often have npcs that throw a fit while reminding them of all the things they did during the game on the last episode? It is like what the traitor does to Rodrik (it wasn't on the last episode, alright, but considering how Rodrik can die right after it, it still holds the same weight). I expect someone to do that to Mira, too, and say stuff like "Yes, I was the one who sent the Lannister guard, but you couldn't just die, could you?" angrily.

Exactly! I wonder if he's mentioned his suspicions to Cersei? We'll probably get questioned on why we were with Damien that night.

• Both jerk antagonist knights of the Kingsguard. So no not because they're both guards. Lucan is to Meryn what Frostfinger is to Alliser Thorne

How is he a Meryn Trant copy? Because their both guards?

• When he appeared first and I picked the option "Is there anything I can do to change your mind?" I had a feeling, that I'll have to change his mind right here, right now, right in those bushes, with, well, the only tools Mira actually has.

I don't find him creepy. Still, he kinda destroyed my conversation with Tyrion and now he'll certainly tell Cersei his version of this story. So, maybe I'll have to change his mind once more, and go even further, than I managed the last time...

• Lucan is not part of the Kingsguard.

Both jerk antagonist knights of the Kingsguard. So no not because they're both guards. Lucan is to Meryn what Frostfinger is to Alliser Thorne

• Well he's not a soldier

Lucan is not part of the Kingsguard.

• He's just one of the Red Cloaks.

Well he's not a soldier

• edited August 2015

Head cannon accepted. Now we only need good song from him.

Tell me about it. It seems like his made it his life's mission to stalk Mira. As I said before, if he is going to be our Javert he could at least sing about it.

• You can accurately say "he's a dick" about almost every soldier/guard/knight. Frostfinger isn't really like Alliser either Frostfinger was a bit harsh this is true but he's not a bully like Alliser.

Both jerk antagonist knights of the Kingsguard. So no not because they're both guards. Lucan is to Meryn what Frostfinger is to Alliser Thorne

• They're both as cruel as they need to be. Both commanders (seemingly), both have a grudge against the protagonist. Both act very similar as well

You can accurately say "he's a dick" about almost every soldier/guard/knight. Frostfinger isn't really like Alliser either Frostfinger was a bit harsh this is true but he's not a bully like Alliser.

• How does he react to you asking if there was anything to do to change his mind?

Krapinka posted: »

When he appeared first and I picked the option "Is there anything I can do to change your mind?" I had a feeling, that I'll have to change h

• He just says "Did you not hear me?"

How does he react to you asking if there was anything to do to change his mind?

• Actually I'm pretty sure he is a soldier. There's literally nothing to indicate that he could be anything else.

Well he's not a soldier

• I don't think Alliser ever tried to execute a blatantly innocent person based on literally nothing but dislike.

You can accurately say "he's a dick" about almost every soldier/guard/knight. Frostfinger isn't really like Alliser either Frostfinger was a bit harsh this is true but he's not a bully like Alliser.

• Pretty sure that's mostly the case of what happened to Jon at the end of S5

I don't think Alliser ever tried to execute a blatantly innocent person based on literally nothing but dislike.

• edited August 2015

He felt he was right as did everyone else. We as the audience know it was shitty, but I can't say I hold it against them especially since literally all of the wildings we've seen in the show (excluding Mance and that gal that was on screen for three seconds before getting rekt) have been terrible human beings.

In the books though Jon deserved it 1000000%.

Pretty sure that's mostly the case of what happened to Jon at the end of S5

• Well, that's an anti-climatic response if there ever was one.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

He just says "Did you not hear me?"

• Mira?

Too old.

Tell me about it. It seems like his made it his life's mission to stalk Mira. As I said before, if he is going to be our Javert he could at least sing about it.

• I don't think he deserved it in the books either. Yet again, I can somewhat understand them for doing that, but still, it was influenced by the hate towards Wildlings, which is not good thing, as they need to unite to beat the White Walkers. Remember, noone was really informed in his plans, but yet again, if he totally revealed his plans, they would maybe kill him for to close cooperation with Stanis.

He felt he was right as did everyone else. We as the audience know it was shitty, but I can't say I hold it against them especially since li

• In the books he's blatantly taking sides in clear violation of his vows (he acknowledges as much) so stabbing him was the best move. I mean, either Stannis wins but the Nights Watch loses a bunch of men fighting a war it has no part in, or the Boltons win and now they have enemies that they didn't have before.

In the show, all but two wildlings are shown to be awful so I feel the wildling hate is more than justified (unlike the books, which humanise them quite a bit). Tormund is probably the nicest guy in the books but a complete murderous prick in the show. Getting killed by wildlings after letting them through the Wall is a legit fear in the show, in the books it's not but getting attacked by the Boltons is.

I don't think he deserved it in the books either. Yet again, I can somewhat understand them for doing that, but still, it was influenced by

• Did anyone notice that someone else voices him in ep.5?? I kind of feel like Lucan was just some random Lannister guard, since his helmet was down, and well, the voice.
    That guy basically blew our cover with wine, and I think he might try to kill Mira in the end, with or without Cersei's approval.

• I was just on the wiki and it turns out they did use a different voice actor for episode 5.

gomatamo posted: »

Did anyone notice that someone else voices him in ep.5?? I kind of feel like Lucan was just some random Lannister guard, since his helmet wa

Sign in to comment in this discussion.