Goodbye Helios?

2»

Comments

• Well, if you say so. I mean you seem smarter than me so fair enough.

Reliqum posted: »

I don't think it would be too far away. It should be possible to achieve a perfect luna- and geostationary orbit between Pandora and Elpis. I'd roll up a simulation for you if I didn't already have like 10000 other projects at hand.

• If you are interested in space flight I highly suggest checking out Kerbal Space Program. I learned most of the stuff I know about orbits from there. It's also fun just to launch stupid cock-shaped rockets to space.

Well, if you say so. I mean you seem smarter than me so fair enough.

• Haha, yeah I've seen some stuff about It and thanks, I guess for teaching me something new.

If you are interested in space flight I highly suggest checking out Kerbal Space Program. I learned most of the stuff I know about orbits from there. It's also fun just to launch stupid cock-shaped rockets to space.

• Yet another change. 8U That just completely ruins it. First no more "That was a risky move...", and now no Helios. Man...

• No. A rewrite happened, they made Jack take over Helios. If they left the Hyperion Moon-base there, it would have been a plot hole if Jack ends up keeping control.

• Hi yes I'm the guy who mentioned Helios blowing up. And man am I happy to know that I might be on to something.*

That being said, it still doesn't explain why it hasn't blown up already by the time TftB is in motion, but hey, vault hunting was never a stable schedule kind of business to begin with.

• OHOHOHOHO i like this theory!

Also i love the idea that Elpis and Helios get teleported thanks to the Vault? Like that would be so fucked up? with all of the workers in it and shit? It also would make a lot of sense to me because what if Gortys can't get the Vault to stay in a place and it ends teleporting itself and Elpis with Helios? And at some point Rhys takes Gortys's upgrade and moonshots it back to pandora in a final attempt to stop the vault from taking Elpis and Helios!

Also that is a great way to 'kill' AI-Jack, or maybe not kill him but make him dissapear from Rhys and Fiona's lifes, since i dont know how can you eliminate Jack if he's Helios itself

• I imagine that by being plugged into Helios he also gets access to the ECHO Net, so I'd say no. As long as there's anything connected to it I'd imagine he'd be fine.

Personally, I'd rather be a sentient space station rather than some meager humanoid-robot type thing.

Ok I have a question because I am very confused at the moment... Does Jack need Helios to stay alive? I know if you reject Hyperion he sa

• It's also fun just to launch stupid cock-shaped rockets to space

Yes. That is the meaning of life right there.

If you are interested in space flight I highly suggest checking out Kerbal Space Program. I learned most of the stuff I know about orbits from there. It's also fun just to launch stupid cock-shaped rockets to space.

• Tbh if they continued to use Jack as a main character/antagonist in BL3 I'd be majorly disappointed, after all these games with him I'm sick of his character now.

Dekon55951 posted: »

If Helios gets destroyed, doesn't that mean that Handsome Jack goes down too. I thought the plot of BL3 would start with the end of TFTB, but if Jack dies then where could they go from there... maybe we'll get a new villain.

• "Also that is a great way to 'kill' AI-Jack, or maybe not kill him but make him dissapear from Rhys and Fiona's lifes, since i dont know how can you eliminate Jack if he's Helios itself"
    How to kill jack

3:44-3:59

Imagine it. Rhys is in control or not sasha and fiona are at gunpoint then Mordecai, Lilith, Athena, Tina, Salvador, Axton Gaige, Moxxi, Brick and Krieg show up

OHOHOHOHO i like this theory! Also i love the idea that Elpis and Helios get teleported thanks to the Vault? Like that would be so fucked

• Actually both versions of this background was edited.

on the first shot you can see that the moon is too dark and with sharp outlines, which is not natural for this time of day and air density on Pandora, so it is definitely montage.

In final cut version (which is definitely a montage too, as you can see by suspicious shape of clouds) developers have hidden the spoilers without replacement, because they received the rights to tell a tale based on true events.

But the viewers don't really need to know such details from the beginning, so they have to assume that narrators simply haven't mentioned such minor detail.

spoiler:

kek

In fact the moon was already looked so from this angle. kek

Thank you for your attention.

• Please don't revive threads this old

• I am almost certain that it was destroyed.

• This thread was created before the release of Episode 5.

Anyway, since there's nothing new worth discussing about, someone please lock this thread. @InGen_Nate_Kenny?

Chusets posted: »

I am almost certain that it was destroyed.

• Hey, I just wrote a comment in thread which I found interesting. Maybe i'm not interested in discussions about mating of side characters or some digital virus that simulates the most worthless and boring character.
    I think we all have a choice.

Especially on forums dedicated to games where choice is the main tool of gameplay.

I more interested in narrative tools and global events which affect on the whole Borderlands setting, and the Moon was one of my favorite things before it was defiled and killed by this ugly parasitizing H-construction. So i decided to write a comment in thread about the Moon.

And it's still one of my favorite things, especially when it's finnaly free from ugly H-thing and ready to perform its main purpose ^_^

Please don't revive threads this old

• Done.

Pipas posted: »

This thread was created before the release of Episode 5. Anyway, since there's nothing new worth discussing about, someone please lock this thread. @InGen_Nate_Kenny?

This discussion has been closed.