Do the Forresters have Crossbows?

So after replaying the series thus far, I've noticed that the Forresters really need some crossbows, and if they have them, need to use them. I mean, everyone else has them except the glenmores who were using longbows. But at least they had some sort of ranged weapon.

I really think in the upcoming battle against the Whitehills, crossbows/bows are going to be really important. Especially after seeing how bad the Whitehills fook'd up the Forrester troops and pit fighters in the ambush.

Why does this bother me so much and will our troops be able to use ranged weapons soon?

Comments

• A: I don't know.
    • B: The troops are already able to use ranged weaponry. Gared knows how to use a crossbow, and he was a squire to Lord Gregor Forrester. Even if they brought crossbows with them to White Harbor, it wouldn't have mattered, they were trapped and the Whitehill ranged infantry had the higher ground.
  • If they don't have crossbows, then House Forrester is the most stupid house in the entire Seven Kingdoms. But I think they can make some crossbows, but I think they don't have ironwood after the Whitehills took the other half of the ironwood forest.

• Honestly, I think the Whitehills and Glenmores are the only Northern houses we have ever seen using ranged weaponry. I'm pretty sure the only people that we've seen use them on a notable scale at all are the Night's Watch, Freys, and the Lannisters defending King's Landing.

In Game of Thrones they almost seem to be a weaponized and ranged equivalent to plot armour.

On a side note, I think we should trademark Plot Weapon™

• Now that you bring this up, it bugs me that very few soldiers use any kind of ranged weaponry in GoT.

• They need cavalry. Cavalry fucks up everything. I'm pretty sure if they were riding in the vanguard they must have been pretty good at it.

• Remember that scene where Gared was showing Cotter how to load a crossbow? Shooting a crossbow was one of the skills Gared was tested on. I don't where he would have learned that if not at Ironrath... so I don't know why the Forresters didn't use them, but I'd imagine that they do have some or at least have to knowledge of how to use them.

• You know... you have a really good point, crossbows or really any ranged weapons aren't very common in the series. Huh, well that's peculiar..

Honestly, I think the Whitehills and Glenmores are the only Northern houses we have ever seen using ranged weaponry. I'm pretty sure the onl

• Also they barely use shields.

Barthanax posted: »

Now that you bring this up, it bugs me that very few soldiers use any kind of ranged weaponry in GoT.

• Except they cost a lot to hire with the horse and stuff, and to train, they need to have good horseback skills.

They need cavalry. Cavalry fucks up everything. I'm pretty sure if they were riding in the vanguard they must have been pretty good at it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.