Select how your character looks: Boy I didn't expect that

2»

Comments

• [removed]

ok then, i will just have to say that their statement was ignorant and bigoted then, because that isn't a personal insult. also using ignorant and bigoted statements to stop ignorance and bigotry isn't a good way of doing it

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 2015

Alex also has long hair (which is the way of differentiating between male and female in the Minecraft art style). Though, the Alex skin can certainly be male or female depending on the player (since males can be thinner and have long orange hair as well). Alex was probably named that so that the skin could be gender ambiguous (much the same as the name Jesse).

it's not female, it is just thinner, alex is a unisex name. i am not built like a lumberjack, my name is alex and i am male, so i would u

• I really like Patton Oswalt, so I'm tempted to play as his take of Jesse, even though I usually play as a female character if given the choice.

Vainamoinen posted: »

I'll probably choose Taber-Jesse just so I don't think "Oh yeah right, this is Patton Oswald speaking!" all the time.

• the default alex skin has long hair but the model is just a square head like the steve model, only it is slightly thinner, however i do agree that the name was chosen so it would be gender ambiguous or unisex, unlike steve which would be really hard to say it wasn't just a male name

Jennifer posted: »

Alex also has long hair (which is the way of differentiating between male and female in the Minecraft art style). Though, the Alex skin can

• edited September 2015

There not complicated, but mentally challenged times filled with fools/tools with too much power.

Vainamoinen posted: »

and simultaneously inventing the term "femjesse" and people being offended at the term "femjesse" Exactly. The female and male versi

• Because its just that, a minority. They want to have the masses relate and appeal to their game.

why no blonde haired blue eyed guy (or girl)? as a member of this minority i feel marginalised and i am deeply hurt and offended

• edited September 2015

i should win an award for how offended i am feeling right now, i should get the gold medal for being triggered, OMG when will people realize that real world practicalities, budget issues and time constraints are no excuse for not pleasing everybody.

:P

Lokoso posted: »

Because its just that, a minority. They want to have the masses relate and appeal to their game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.