Venatore - Interactive Story. Submissions closing soon.

Comments

• 2. Keep the card just in case

Mathea posted: »

Bastet and Zackary Zackary knew what he needed to do. It was not an option to just run away, same as it was not an option to attack this

• edited September 2015

2. Keep the card just in case Simply keeping the card can't be too bad, just in case. After all, that doesn't mean that he has to join the Venatores, if he does not want to.

Great part! In terms of the story, this was my favourite so far. It was sad, with Rocky and all, but also wonderfully written! And I like Ivan, he seems to be a cool guy. The paragraphs were also nicely set, it was a lot easier to read than in the previous parts. Also, I have just checked the character waiting list and I see, there's a Jensen Padalecki waiting to be introduced. I already like this guy XD

Bastet and Zackary Zackary knew what he needed to do. It was not an option to just run away, same as it was not an option to attack this

• Hehe, yes, Jensen Padalecki made me smile too when submitted... interesting combination of two actors names and surnames XD I added one more just now, Martha, from part with Robert if you are curious :-)

2. Keep the card just in case Simply keeping the card can't be too bad, just in case. After all, that doesn't mean that he has to join the V

Great part with very much details and happy as well as sad moments. Loved to read it and hope Zackary wont only keep the card but use it in the future too :-D can't wait to see the next part.

• edited September 2015

2. Keep the card just in case really liked this chapter , Characters are awesome !

• Vote is closed. Zackary will keep the card just in case.

I know, i know, those choices aren't so tough but even small, easy looking ones can make a twist in the future of the story. Next part probably tomorrow... or even today later on.

• Will it introduce a new character ?

Vote is closed. Zackary will keep the card just in case. I know, i know, those choices aren't so tough but even small, easy looking ones can make a twist in the future of the story. Next part probably tomorrow... or even today later on.

• Yes, it will be about siblings - Rebecca and David plus short choice result for Giovanni. :-)

Dydix958 posted: »

Will it introduce a new character ?

• Giovanni

“I will join you, even if I don’t know how I can help. I am really not a type of a warrior and I actually now regret it. Revenge on those beings which killed my brother would go much easier.” Giovanni said, scratching his head nervously while trying to man up after his breakdown in front of the woman moment ago. After all he had a point which made him think why actually she proposed him a membership. It would be much more profitable to just invite people who can use a gun or knife after all.

“You must not worry, Giovanni. There will be always place for any bright mind in our ranks. We do not only have fighters but also doctors, politicians, artists and much more.” She said with calm expression on her face. “You don’t need to really fight face to face with someone to have your contribution in defeating him. Actually, we need new radio guy. Previous one went into fury mode and quite seriously damaged our equipment. You will be perfect in fixing it and listening to it for us.”

Looking at her made him drift away for few seconds. Structure of her face was creating mesmerizing combination of beauty and mystery. Her silver unusual eyes were certainly looking at him from under the curtains of black eyelashes. Red lips were strongly contrasting with pale, almost porcelain alike and soft looking skin. Proud but short smile she gave him just a moments ago was long enough for him to make a record of it in his head. She was not smiling anymore – such shame – she looked much more beautiful with smirk on her face. “Is she even a human? I guess so, silver eyes are pretty rare ones and she is just the lucky one to have them…”

“Are you with me, Giovanni? I understand that this what you experienced gave you enough shock, perhaps it is good time for us to go now.” Her words awakened him from the consternation he was in. “Go? To my brother’s grave? Let’s do this right away!” he said, catching his coat right away.

She gave him respectable look. “I will take you to his grave but before that we need to go to one place. Very important place. I need to introduce you to someone who will give you more answers for your questions. I guess you have some, Giovanni? Another fact is, that this someone don’t like to wait. ” Giovanni enthusiasm significantly decreased since his decision of joining was already a big step for him. Can he really meet this someone without saying goodbye first to his brother? Visiting his grave is definitely more important than meeting some secret organization persona.

1. Insist on visiting the burial side first

2. Show allegiance and follow the woman order

Rebecca and David

Rebecca was slowly patrolling the dark and already empty streets of NYC. It was mostly abandoned region of town with many homeless people hiding inside dilapidated buildings cellars. This place though was perfect one for practice of black magic on those innocent, unwanted by society people. Together with her brother David, they got a mission to check out possible place of residence of one of most wanted demonologists who is in ranks of their eternal enemy group, called Immortals.
    From what Rebecca took from education Venatores gave her about their history, was that they are in conflict between since forever. Immortals are like spreading plaque, undying and growing – one dead Immortal is replaced by another, even stronger one – this is where their name came from. Venatores on the other hand are like constantly cure being developed only in one purpose – to get rid of the pestilence threatening humanity.

Even if killing between two organizations probably will never stop, that fact does not discourage Rebecca to fight them. Her hatred towards any supernatural beings walking the earth started day, when one of them killed her parents and younger brother. Only reminding herself of this traumatic night is making her shiver and give her nightmares. If it would not be for David, her older brother who reacted fast enough, she would end torn apart like most of her family in jaws of rabid werewolf.
    She was only ten years old, while David was sixteen. When only two of them were left, terrified and cornered by the beast, hiding in her brother arms Rebecca saw group of three people containing one female and two males arriving and killing the wolf, saving their orphaned lives. Now she knew that it was Aelia, Takezo and Ivan. Venatores took them in, giving them education in both worlds – at least David used the opportunity well, while Rebecca was the rebellious one, caring more about her war skills instead of ending school.
    Rebecca was grateful for possibility of vengeance she got and trained well enough to become one of the most skilled close-combat fighters in the organization. David on the other hand was not too happy of leaving this old life behind but agreed to join only for his sister sake. They had only each other after all, they needed to stay together. Of course he used all benefits which organization gave him – ending school with top grades, signing on medical studies and becoming same as his sister, one of best in ranks sniper.

“Bex, go to the right. I see group of three ghouls at 10 o’clock eating some poor guy. I will back you up.” She heard in the earphone voice of Dave. “Roger that. Let’s end this fast, we need to go pick up Ivan and Aelia soon.” She replied into small microphone attached to her collar. Rebecca started to sneak towards direction given by Dave, silently arming herself with two silver kukri knifes which are her favorite’s weapons to take on a mission. After passing by few corners she noticed three ghouls kneeling above open corpse.
    She raised one of her hand, giving David signal to shoot. It was their ritual opening for each mission they were together on – David striking and killing first target. Next second a bullet went straight through one of the creature’s forehead, forcing it to fall deep into his own meal entrails. Other two immediately raised their heads up and looked towards slowly walking in their direction Rebecca. Ghouls stood up, starting to mutter strange sounds from their throats, starring at her with hungry eyes. They were now her target. She knew that David won’t interfere in her play time unless she will be in bigger danger.

Silver blades were reflecting moonlight, same as her icy-blue colored irises. Her walk transformed into slow jog, which finally turned into run with both arms drawn on the sides. When Rebecca was close enough two approaching her creatures, she made skillful jump towards them cutting into their necks, which gushed dark blood out of their arteries. After landing on the ground she heard two bodies falling down and hitting asphalt. “That was way too easy and no challenge at all.” Rebecca turned around and looked at the creatures, gurgling their own blood out and waving with hands in the air. She knelt on one knee and sunk the blades into their heads, slashing downwards and forcing them to finally depart. Suddenly she heard more groans behind her back. “Bex, there are more coming out of the buildings. Damn, it seems they are forming ghoul army in here, seems the lead we got was good one.” Rebecca smiled wild, arising and turning towards new targets. It looked like dozen of them were approaching.
    Thing with ghouls is that they are having their own kind of intelligence and are smart enough to make choices, they are much harder to fight against comparing with other flesh eating creatures like for example “brainless” zombies which don’t use thinking process at all.

“Welcome on Immortal playground!” She heard male voice, speaking very primitive English. “Let me be host, name me Strain! Hahahaha!” she could not see anyone except approaching her ghouls, which grew with speed from second to second.

“Dave, do you see him?” Rebecca asked her brother, rushing towards creatures and starting a fight. “I cannot see him nowhere, be careful out there, Bex.” he answered, taking down two ghouls closest to Rebecca one after another. Rebecca went into offensive mode, slashing and cutting the nearest targets and in same nimbly avoiding their attacks. She was not only using blades to fight but as well her legs, kicking them away from her, finishing the closer ones first. With cooperation of both siblings, ground was covered in blood and bodies. Rebecca felt burning on her cheek, seems one of them managed to reach and wound her with thin scratch.
    “Not cool at all! Diavolo will be angry to know that his ghouls are smaller in numbers because of you!” voice echoed again in the darkness. “But there are more! Much more! Hahaha!” he screamed laughing madly, appearing in the distance in front of Rebecca, surrounded by much, much more than a dozen of ghouls now. Man was well build with short for few millimeters black hair. His lips was thin and twisted in a mocking smile. He looked really intimidating and bad.

“Bex, something happened with my riffle, it blocked, fall back! I won’t be able to support you! I knew I should take the other one tonight…” David ordered his sister with hearable annoyed voice. She knew how he hated to find out in such moments that he is useless and in too far distance to come help without a sniper rifle. She could hear him cursing and wrestling with his riffle, trying to make it work again.
    “But we need to take them down! I can do it alone!” she stressed out, stepping nervously from one leg to another and looking towards enemy. “We are not risking it. You have no idea who this guys is and what he can do – don’t forget he is surrounded by lots of ghouls, there may be more. We will report it to headquarters and come back with bigger force. Run, leave them be, before they start to attack.”

Rebecca hated it but she knew that he was right. They came here only for information and recognition after all. As it seemed it was hit in a jackpot with the location. As much she wanted to fall into killing trance and take as much as possible down, she knew she is not undying like some of her supernatural companions or enemies.
    “Shit! Let’s meet near the car!” she told, turning around and starting to run.
    “Oh, no, stop! Where are you going? I wanted to have fun with you, pretty lady!” Strain’s screaming voice was fading down with growing distance between them. “Come back, bitch!” It was the last words she heard from him and which made her even more furious than she already was. “Yes, I will come back and cut your ugly face so much that no one will recognize you ever again…” she though, clenching her knives stronger in her hands.

After few minutes she reached the meeting spot. David was standing next to their black van in his camouflage clothing, smiling weakly. He obviously felt bad after the situation with his faulty weapon. They were looking very alike in some way. Both have black hair and pale skin. Their eyes are of piercing blue color. Rebecca face is very feminine and gentle but usually this charm is hidden under cold and sarcastic glares and expressions. Her body looks at first weak and agile but in reality she is stronger than it looks like. David face on the other hand is very hard and manly with a short stubble beard. Unlike Rebecca, he smiles a lot – it gives him warm and even more attractive looks than he already have. His body is strongly built after countless hours spent in the training room.
    “What was that? How could you fail me this way? How hard it is to keep your equipment in good condition to avoid situation like this? I could be dead if it would stopped working in the middle of fight with this primitive!” she poked him in chest with her finger, sounding very mean and angry. “Because of this studies of yours you neglect what is really important in this war!”

“Calm down, Bex and stop being so rude. We both have different priorities, you know that well enough. Don’t use my ambition for achieving something more than high score of dead beasts against me. I would never said something like this to you. I am disappointed, Bex.”
    Rebecca’s face tightened a bit. They often had a quarrels which was appearing same fast as they were ending. They had only each other and they needed to stay together no matter what, even if they had different point of views. True, both of them missed their parents and changed after trauma they experienced, but David unlike Rebecca reconciled with their loss easier and decided to move on with his life, supporting his sister in her vengeance.
    “You are right Dave. I’m sorry for what I’ve said. I can be so mean… I need to learn when to shut my mouth.” she hugged him, answering with apologizing tone.
    “I know you long enough, Bex. I know how to tame your anger” he whispered, stroking her hair gently. He pulled her away from him and put a handkerchief on her bleeding cheek. “Now, jump in the car, we need to pick the rest and head to give the report. I will look on this wound when we will be home.”

Home. Venatores headquarters was their home now. Rebecca signed loud entering the car. They drove into the darkness. She missed times of normal life with mother, father and her youngest brother, Cole. Will they ever have “normal” life again?

No choice for this part. Sorry guys, but this was more an introduction. :-)

• 1. Insist on visiting the burial side first

Giovanni “I will join you, even if I don’t know how I can help. I am really not a type of a warrior and I actually now regret it. Revenge

• 2. Show allegiance and follow the woman order

Giovanni “I will join you, even if I don’t know how I can help. I am really not a type of a warrior and I actually now regret it. Revenge

1. Show allegiance and follow the woman order

I mean... he's not going anywhere, right? Unless his brother reanimates or something, he can wait. Showing allegiance is important if he wants trust and respect.

• Bex and Dave :D That was a great introduction for them and I liked the dynamic between them. Bex was a complete badass for sure, but I also liked the little talk between them at the end. I'm definitely excited to read more of them!

2. Show allegiance and follow the woman order

He can always visit his brothers grave a bit later, hopefully. For now, it could be better not to let the Venatores wait, especially as the woman has explicitely stated that the person Giovanni is about to meet does not like to wait.

• Vote is closed. Giovanni will follow the order. Smart choice indeed! But it is as well interesting that we had other vote as well chosen by some of you. I'm really glad that you like it so far and participate in the story itself.

Next part will appear tomorrow and it will be Robert part. I had actually fun writing it, hope you will enjoy reading!

• Robert

“I apologize for intruding, ma’am.” He bowed slightly in a gesture of respect, seeing that it flattered the woman and made her face expression less hostile. “I know it can sound very crazy what I will just tell you, but I am here in the search for someone very close to me. It happened that this lovely elderly lady upstairs let me in, I guess I must be that charming and convincing to be one of you...” he caught himself on how selfish and sarcastic it sounded. “… of course you should take no offence, because you are the ones my grandfather was a member of, surely you are good guys fighting for us, simple people…” he cut his monologue, seeing that woman is starring weirdly into his face, slowly approaching him closer and closer.

He felt timid, not knowing what exactly she is thinking and planning to do next. Robert wasn’t used as well for such close distance between him and opposite gender - even if she was not in his age, she was surely looking good. And those eyes… magnificent. His grandfather, on the other hand was having same color, he always told him when he was small, that it was genetic. “Wait a minute…” he mumbled, feeling a storm appearing and messing with all this thoughts. He narrowed his own eyes – what looked even funnier was the woman, doing exactly the same in his direction.

“Are you Robert Sullivan?” she asked bluntly, blinking with concentrated face. His mouth slightly opened, delaying his answer. “Yeeees, I am.” He answered slowly, agreeing. ”Do you know my grandfather Richard?” he returned the question. Her face was mixture of surprise and enlightenment. What was missing now was little light bulb above her head.
    “Oh-my-GOD!” she chirped, clapping into her hands and scanning him from head to toe. Robert was speechless with just observing her reaction. He never saw someone so happy and excited. Surprisingly, he saw tears appearing in her beautiful eyes. “Oh, please, ma’am, don’t cry… did I do something wrong? Please, don’t… forgive me for whatever I did…” he started to apologize to her, not really understanding what is going on. It was too much for his already filled with supernatural thoughts head. She shook off herself, wiping her eyes with forearm.

“Please follow me, Robert!” she ordered him, turning around and leading him through narrow, stone corridors. He couldn’t refuse of course and followed. She was turning towards him from time to time with wide, cheerful smile. They were passing not only by corridors but also rooms. Some of them was even having locators in them, which seemed not to really care or notice them. Robert felt really uncomfortable, especially while his eyes were meeting with eyes of those unknown people - one of them was full body masked, only his brown eyes were visible. He knew that he have no chance of running away from this place – it was huge, consisting of so many rooms connected by corridors that he was already lost – those people residing here did not look common as well.

“Martha where are you running?” “Who is that charming boy after you?” “Hey, respect my day off! Let me rest in peace without storming in…” he heard behind them. Most of them were friendly but also annoyed ones had their inputs.

Finally, as it appeared Martha stopped in front of a locked doors. “Before I answer you if I know your grandfather, could you please do one thing for me? Pretty please.” She asked, making those irresistible eyes which does not take a no for an answer. “Well, do I have any other choice?” he answered, laughing nervously. What was it exactly she wanted him to do? She took a key from a chain she had with her and unlocked the doors. Room was filled with stuffed animals. Leaned over pedestals in the middle of the room were their skins. They were illuminated by lamps hanging above them. It all looked quite intimidating and alive, especially with those animals baring their fangs towards visitors.
    “Could you please pick a pelt and wear it on your shoulders?” She asked with unsure face, awaiting his reaction.

Did she want to check if he is a Skin-Walker like his grandfather? This totally confirm the fact that she knows who Richard Sullivan is. Robert nodded hesitantly – actually, he felt excited. Since he read his grandfather diary he wondered if perhaps he can transform into animal himself, inheriting this ability from Richard. He even tried to concentrate and enter deep thinking mode in the past to see if perhaps this will be enough but it wasn’t. He read later in a legends that sometimes animal pelt was required to awake the sleeping inside power but sadly he was not proud owner of animal fur in his possession. Now he actually had a chance to see if it will work this way. He made few steps in front towards pedestals and saw there three kinds of animal hide. One on the right looked like bear pelt, the one in the middle was tiger skin and the left one was wolf one. Each of them were accompanied by its stuffed version behind.

“Look at them and choose the one you like the most. When you will decide, just pick it up and cover your arms with it.” Martha instructed him, smiling gently. Robert looked at all three of them and took a deep breath. “Which one attracts me the most?”

1. Bear skin

2. Tiger skin

3. Wolf skin

• 1. Bear skin

Bears are big, bears are strong, bears are awesome. If Robert has any kind of skinwalker ability, then being able to change into a bear sounds pretty nice. Also, I wonder if Martha might be related to Robert, given that her eye-colour is similar to his grandfather's and because of her reaction when she learned about his name.

Robert “I apologize for intruding, ma’am.” He bowed slightly in a gesture of respect, seeing that it flattered the woman and made her fac

• 3. Wolf skin

Robert “I apologize for intruding, ma’am.” He bowed slightly in a gesture of respect, seeing that it flattered the woman and made her fac

• 1. Bear skin

• 2. Tiger skin never saw weretiger before , would be interresting to see one ^^

• 1. Bear skin is the closest to bearmanpig i can get

• 1. Bear skin Wolf skin doesn't sound that cool , some people don't need pelts of wolves to turn into one already , A tiger sounds tempting but i don't know ,perhaps he'll just turn into a humanoid big cat , and will start drinking milk and start eating fissh from aquariums. But a bear , would be interresting to see this ...

• Uh, hard decision, all three sound some kind of cool, but I think the most imposant would be;

1. Bear skin

• Vote is closed. Robert will pick bear skin.

And here i must admit that i am surprised, more or less. True - bear sounds awesome, but only one of you, @NoHopeLeft considered that Wolf would be indeed best choice to try out since it was mentioned before that his grandfather was able to change into this animal.

Next part hopefully tomorrow, i'm pretty exhausted recently and i think i am catching a cold. :-(

• Honestly, it's because I don't like bears and Tigers terrify me XD

I hope you get well soon!

Vote is closed. Robert will pick bear skin. And here i must admit that i am surprised, more or less. True - bear sounds awesome, but only

• Hi, Just found this. Great Story!

Get well soon. :(

Vote is closed. Robert will pick bear skin. And here i must admit that i am surprised, more or less. True - bear sounds awesome, but only

• Welcome. Glad you like the story. It motivates a lot when new readers appear. :-)

mr.quality posted: »

Hi, Just found this. Great Story! Get well soon.

• Nathan

Memory of this night was fresh like yesterday. Nathan was tied to his bed not to hurt himself as he tried many times in the past four years of this treatment. He felt useless, scared and alone. Orphaned in such brutal way without any other family which would take care of him. He of course had some relatives but they all denied taking care and responsibility for him the moment they saw and heard him screaming strange, unbelievable things. Nathan wanted to die in this period of his life but those cruel people did not allow it. Why they were keeping him alive? What use the society will have of him? Those were few of many more questions appearing then in his head.

This night he was as usual having issues with falling asleep. His eyes were wide open, fixated on the ceiling above him. Interior was only lit by moon light coming through barred window. Suddenly Nathan’s eyes saw a shadow moving closer towards him. He started to shiver, expecting that his worst nightmare is getting real – demon came now for him, because of day he spoken about him to the police, which of course did not get him serious. He felt burning on his chest. Defenseless was making him even more horrified, he could not run or act because of being restrained – all he was able to do was look at his executioner and accept the fate. He moved slowly his eyes from ceiling towards direction it was coming for him and what he saw was not the one he expected. The man had long golden curls, loosely tied behind. Some of them were falling on his forehead and cheeks. His eyes were also looking like gold, shining. He was smiling warmly to him. Nathan was paralyzed at first, but man’s smile worked magic and he started to feel more relaxed. As more relaxed he was, he realized that he was not tied to bed anymore. Nathan’s hand raised freely in the direction of the figure.

“Don’t be afraid, Nathan. I came here to help you and take you place, where you will find new family and people who will care for you” the man said, constantly smiling. It was so refreshing to see someone showing real interest and care for him that it made tears appear in his eyes. Man raised his own hand and touched gently Nathan’s one. It was so warm and it made all of the fear he had inside vanish. Second hand of man moved same slowly as first one, placing itself on the chest of Nathan. Unexpectedly room got illuminated with white, blinding light.

“It is gone, he won’t be able to find you anymore.” He whispered. “You are free now. Hunt him with us and pay him a visit same as he did your house.”
    Nathan at this time did not understand much because of whole unexpected situation but he nodded towards the man. He pulled the boy up, helping him to stand up. Was it drugs he was stuffed with on daily basis or just his imagination, screaming for help and enlightenment? Perhaps he is dying? He did not know, he was too weak to even concentrate stronger. He felt how his knees softened under his own weight.

“Call me Aaron.” He heard, feeling the man’s hands on his arms. “Rest now.” Next time he closed and opened his eyes, he noticed that he is not anymore in his hospital room but somewhere else. Interior was looking very old-school with big, comfortable looking bed, wooden desk and bookshelves next to the door. Aaron vanished, leaving Nathan all alone. He moved towards the bed, sitting on it. What took his attention was a frame with photo standing on a nightstand next to it. Nathan took it in his hands, realizing that this photo is his own family picture. His mother, father, brother and sister. He did not understood how, but he hugged it to his heart, falling softly on the pillows behind him, passing away.

Room was illuminated by few chandeliers placed in strategic points of the chamber, giving it very mysterious and intimate atmosphere. Nathan was sitting next to one standing in the middle of antique, strong looking table with few opened books in front of him. His brown eyes were moving from one line to another, analyzing drawn symbols and runes from each of the materials he had. His body was covered from top of his head to toes of his feet, leaving only his eyes visible for the others to see. Since many years already he started to care for his privacy and there is really not much people who know how he really looks or what is his name and surname. Colleagues call him usually “Black Loner” or just “Loner” which came from his favorite clothing color and his love of solitude. He does not speak much, choosing to not disturb people around in thoughts, often expecting same from them in return. Sadly, place he was living now in was quite populated one and there was always someone around trying to make conversation.
    Venatores took him in their ranks at age of 16 when he was residing in psychiatric hospital after trauma he suffered in his earlier years from seeing his whole family being slaughtered by a demon. He never told no one about what exactly happened this unfortunate night but he knew that for sure some of higher ranked Venatores knew from police reports some part of the incident, connecting the puzzles with knowledge they possess. Nathan knew that otherwise they would not take interest in insane teen if they would not see something in his past what would make them curious.

His concentration got disturbed with Marta rushing through the room with the boy following her. He looked for around 20 years old with blond hair and fancy looking clothing. Their eyes meet for few seconds before they both disappeared from Nathan’s sight. He grumbled silent under the nose, closing his eyes to retrieve his previously build thoughts. “Damn, this place is unbelievable.” He though, closing books, deciding to move somewhere else, more private. As much he hated to admit it, the most silent place in this organization was the library, even if containing one of the most annoying librarians ever.
    When he entered the huge space filled with tons of long bookshelves, he went directly towards his favorite dark corner, hoping he won’t be noticed. He opened all his materials again and fallen into deep study.

“Well well well, who do we have here? Black loner graced humble thresholds of the Magnus kingdom.” Nathan heard voice in front of him. Slowly his eyes raised, to see the one he was most unhappy to see. Magnus Prospero, grandson of the main librarian of Venatores who gave job to him in purpose of gaining “power of knowledge”. He was really tall, well build man, looking for about 20 years old. His red from tiredness eyes were looking at him from behind round shaped glasses. His skin was weirdly red, like after getting a sunburn.

“Go away, Harry Potter.” Nathan grunted with annoyance, going back to his books. “Why you always are so mean to me?” Magnus continued with smirk on his face without being discouraged. “Aren’t we in the library? I always thought that silence is gold in here. You know – knowledge is power and such…” Nathan mumbled repulsively, which sadly gave the opposite reaction from the boy. Magnus face brightened and got even redder that it already was. He leaned above the table and looked into opened pages. “Indeed, indeed, knowledge is power, especially for ones who know how to extract it from the drawings and letters…” he replied gleefully, swallowing the information’s spread out in front of him. “I know it comes hard for you, what is totally understandable, not everyone is capable of intelligent interpretation…” Nathan though that he will just stand up and throw a book into this annoying boy face, but he restrained himself and decided to behave – at least for now. He decided to ignore his presence and continue the study.

“Wow…” suddenly he heard, noticing Magnus finger on one of the symbols. It was three circles connected in triangle shape. “I did not know that you are interested in such things… I mean yeah, I know we fight bad guys and such but you really measure highly and read books which can bring you the worst horror than you can imagine…” he mumbled, continuing to scan everything possible around. He even took one heavy tome and started to rummage through the pages with fascinated, enlightened face. “Where you did even got this…” Magnus continued, being disturbed next second by Nathan pulling the book out of his hands. “That is my property and you don’t even dare to touch it ever again or I will rip off those fucking bloody eyes out of your skull!” he hissed, piercing him with murderous glare – surely he was looking intimidating and Magnus knew that Nathan is not just joking around. Magnus made few steps back, pulling his hands carefully in front of himself.

“Why so aggressive? Aren’t we fighting on the same side, brother?” he bared his teeth in unsure smile not knowing what to expect next. “Don’t call me brother! We never will be brothers!” Nathan grunted in fury, trying to calm himself with loud breaths. As angry he was, he realized that this annoying brat know something what he does not – after all he had some truth in what he said before – not everyone is good at this whole rendition. As much Nathan wanted to find out the answers himself for bigger satisfaction, he had now the opportunity for a shortcut. Question is – can he fully trust him with it?

1. Trust him and tell Magnus what you are searching for

2. Don’t trust him and interpret the given hints yourself

• 2. Don’t trust him and interpret the given hints yourself

I'm not really sure why, but for some reason Magnus gives me a bad feeling, even though I kinda like his character. For now, I think it might be better if Nathan does not rely on his help.

Nathan Memory of this night was fresh like yesterday. Nathan was tied to his bed not to hurt himself as he tried many times in the past f

Nathan Memory of this night was fresh like yesterday. Nathan was tied to his bed not to hurt himself as he tried many times in the past f

• edited September 2015

He sound like somebody one should trust, plus we may gain some knowledge...and remember kids: knowledge is power

• 1. Trust him and tell Magnus what you are searching for

• 2. Don’t trust him and interpret the given hints yourself

Hm, I somehow don't trust that Magnus yet and Nathan looks more, as his nickname says, as a loner, so better keep the information for himself :-))

• 2. Don’t trust him and interpret the given hints yourself '' Go away , Harry Potter." , I already love nathan ^^

Sign in to comment in this discussion.