Venatore - Interactive Story. Submissions closing soon.

13»

Comments

• 1. Trust him and tell Magnus what you are searching for

Mathea posted: »

Nathan Memory of this night was fresh like yesterday. Nathan was tied to his bed not to hurt himself as he tried many times in the past f

• edited October 2015
    Vote is closed. Nathan will trust Magnus and tell him what he is searching for.

Well... we will see the results of this choice in the future, this is all i will say. :-)

Next part this weekend, perhaps tomorrow, perhaps Sunday.
  • Giovanni

“All right, let’s go first whenever you want us to go.” Giovanni said, fighting strong enough with himself not to say something inappropriate. It was hard decision to make, even if it looked easy. He just lost a brother to a supernatural creature and chosen secret organization over visiting his grave first. Pangs of conscience started to slowly eat him, regretting that he did not oppose to this unknown woman.

“Can I ask what your name is? After all you know my own even if I did not tell you.” He questioned her with mixed of anger and sadness voice – at least he had a right to know what her name is. “You are right, that was rude of me. We should start our acquaintance from the beginning.” She said, pulling her hand towards him. “My name is Aelia, it is nice to meet you.” Giovanni slowly raised his hand to perform this “official” introduction handshake. “Giovanni. Interesting and beautiful sounding name you have, Aelia.” He answered, touching her hand. It was cold but really nice and soft, however possessing strong grip – he himself felt a chill in the room because of his money savings on heating.
    “I apologize for such icy surroundings, money was quite short recently…” he started, smiling shyly. “Don’t apologize, I am quite cold-blooded anyway. Where we are going you don’t need to worry about that. You can even move there and start to make the saving to improve your shop – it is just a proposition of course, take your time to decide.” Aelia smiled shortly but long enough to make Giovanni even more abashed as he was already. He was amazed what reaction she was giving him by just a slight smile.
    “Move there? You mean to sleep and live there? I did not even see the place, don’t you think it is a bit too fast to propose such a thing…?” his face changed color into more blushed one. “As I said it was just a proposition, you can decide later on after seeing the place. There will be place for you if you will want. Now, lock down your shop and let’s go, we should catch a ride soon.” Giovanni decided not to say anything anymore not to hit something inadequate like he did just moment ago. He just nodded and started to turn off the lights, grabbed his coat and his brother mementos. Before leaving he moved the shop hanger into “closed”, afterwards heading outside of the main door, locking them up.

Aelia looked around for a moment, starting to walk and leading the way. They both walked in silence for about two kilometers just observing each other from time to time. Giovanni noticed that Aelia was often looking into the darkness of the alleys with concentrated face, speeding up the pace more and more. Suddenly, she grabbed Giovanni by his arm and started to run into one of them. She was running fast and gave him unsure feeling of just tripping any second and slowing her down. Wind and speed gave him a deaf feeling which was slowly disappearing, getting used to the surroundings. They stopped after a minute or two. Aelia was not even short on her breath, while Giovanni had problems with catching some air. She slowly walked towards the wall in front of them, following it till the end corner.

There was an ambulance with back doors wide open and front smashed into a building in front of it. Driver’s head was laying on the wheel, covered in blood. From the inside of the machine there was heard silent weeping female voice. Outside on the ground was lying a dead teenager in the puddle of blood. Aelia was slowly approaching the car with Giovanni following her. After few next steps the interior of ambulance was visible. There was two male paramedics laying on the ground with random blood stains on their bodies and twisted in different directions limbs. Medical stretcher was on the ground with a female body restrained to it. The only person alive in there was blond woman, third paramedic – if not for all blood she was covered in, she would look really beautiful. She was kneeling above the patient and doing a CPR, trying to revive already dead corpse. Her eyes were full of tears and shock but still she was performing her duty, ignoring her unconscious or deceased colleagues.
    Suddenly, as closer they both were, they noticed how the girl tried to jump away of the patient but was stopped by hand pulling her long, curly hair back to the stretcher. The rasping groans were hearable from the patient’s throat while the paramedic girl was screaming in the hysteria, trying to free herself from the clamp of the undead hand. Two other male voices joined to the moaning.

“Move back, Giovanni! Stay silent and don’t reveal yourself! Wait for me, I will find you!” Aelia ordered with whisper, pushing him backwards. He was standing frozen and looking how she started to run towards the car, taking meanwhile her gun out. She shot once in the movement, cutting down the hearable groans of the female patient with hit in the head. Blood splattered on the blond curls and face of now silent girl. Giovanni’s jaw dropped slightly and his legs automatically made few steps back, listening to the order. No, he was not ready to see undead again and blood everywhere! Before he lost his sight of the scene, he saw the corpse from outside of the ambulance catching Aelia’s knuckle for which she replied with smashing its head with her own shoe. Giovanni felt cold sweat on his face and shivering on the whole body. He realized that he just joined people which are seeing such things on daily basis, risking their own lives on the streets for clueless of anything society. He felt tensed but as well relieved reminding himself words of Aelia, that he won’t be a direct fighter but doing a “paperwork”.

“Please, help me! Call the police! They should be dead! Why are they alive?! John! Andy?! Don’t come any closer! Oh God!” Giovanni heard panicked voice, followed by two gunshots. That meant that two other of them must be down. Was it good idea now to go back to Aelia? Or should he stay in his hideout and wait for her? His legs was like from a jelly. The police sirens was heard in the background. “Thanks God, they are coming! I will tell them everything! Please stay and tell them what you saw!” woman was surely trembling by hearing her shaky voice and eager to testify everything she experienced. Giovanni wasn’t sure if that was such a good idea, they would take her for a mad woman after all.

1. Go back to the ambulance

2. Stay hidden and wait for Aelia

• edited October 2015

2. Stay hidden and wait for Aelia

Aelia ordered him to stay hidden, after all, and she definitely seems capable enough that we can trust her with knowing what's best.

Giovanni “All right, let’s go first whenever you want us to go.” Giovanni said, fighting strong enough with himself not to say something

• 2. Stay hidden and wait for Aelia

Looks like Aelia did already all the work, so better stay hidden, not to spoil it with interrupting her :-)

Giovanni “All right, let’s go first whenever you want us to go.” Giovanni said, fighting strong enough with himself not to say something

• 1. Go back to the ambulance

• 2. Stay hidden and wait for Aelia

• Vote is closed. Giovani will stay hidden.

Next part i need to delay for some time, sorry guys.

• Robert

His eyes were going from one pelt to another, trying to see which one will attract him the most. He firstly looked at the wolf one, since his grandfather was able to change into one. In the moment his hand reached towards it, he thought that transforming into huge bear would be much more intimidating. Robert changed direction of his hand and made step closer to the pedestal of the bear. Usually when he was having a decision to make, time was his best advisor – now he did not have such luxury. Reasonable choice lost with an excitement. His fingers touched hesitantly the bearskin, moving it slowly upwards.

“Don’t be shy, try it on!” Martha rushed him, having hearable titillation in her voice. She actually seemed more excited than he was. Robert took deep breath and raised pelt in the air, turning towards Martha. With slow movement he cloaked himself with the animal skin. Both pairs of heterochromatic eyes met with awaiting expressions and squinted eyes. Robert felt how his arms stiffened up because of his strongly clinched fists. His back got shivers up the spine and concentrated face started to sweat from the tension he felt inside of himself. Was it supposed to be like this or is that just anticipation making him experience all this symptoms? He started to breathe louder and closed his eyes, forcing his thoughts to the wilderness areas, filled with running and jumping around cute and not only bears.

“I’m sorry, sweetheart. Perhaps I was wrong. You can take it off…” Martha voice awakened him and his eyes opened again. Loud sigh found its way up his throat as he relaxed his body, allowing cloak to fall down. Martha gave him a consoling look while walking towards the pelt to pick it up and place it back at its place. Robert felt disappointed that it did not work – perhaps if he would try the others…

“Okay, let’s go out of here, it was such a silly idea…” she pushed him towards the door, not even giving him opportunity of sharing his own thoughts. She locked the doors, leading him again through the labyrinth.
    “I promised you that I will tell you if I knew your grandfather after this trial. I won’t be lying to you, sweetheart and be straightforward – just please, follow me just for a little longer.”

After short walk they finally reached another locked door. Martha opened them and behind Robert saw surely feminine room. It was not raw and soulless looking like some he passed through before but with a style and warmness. Room was filled with plants and picture frames hanging on the walls. She closed the doors and took a deep breath, leaning over them. “I am your aunt, Robert. Richard Sullivan was my father…”
    His eyes opened immediately. He felt something the moment he saw her before but was cleverly disturbed by her shortly right after, spreading this way pieces of this thoughts away. “Why I did never met you before? How is that possible that my father did not said anything about you?” Martha’s face expression changed into upset one.
    “You see, this is kind of complicated… your father… my brother… never knew of my existence. Day my mother gave birth to me, she… she just did not want me. Richard took me to this place and raised me how he could with help of others. My own mother thinks I was taken care of just after her husband left the house with me in his arms… this is why you did not heard of me previously.”

Robert felt sad and sympathetic for his newly met aunt. Her honesty touched him quite strong – he realized that he is her first true relative she ever met, which allowed her to open so fast in front of him about her painful past. He felt how tears appear in his eyes, trying to blink them away not to be noticed.
    “You are such a charming boy and gentlemen, same as Richard… you took a lot of behaviors after him, he was always telling me that you always loved to spend time with him, same as he did with you. Can you tell me more of this times? And about your father…” she asked and he could not simply decline. They sat near the table and started to talk, sharing stories from both sides. Robert did not even expect discovering that he had an aunt which he did not know about today.
    Hours were passing unnoticed while this touching reunion until the moment of a calling phone, which forced Martha to pick it up. Her facial expressions was so easy to read that Robert he saw real surprise in her eyes. Martha’s hands were shaking gently, drying her cheeks from flowing down tears. She dropped the phone down and rushed to the doors.
    “Come! Come just after me!” she wept, running out of the room with Robert following her, not really understanding what is going on.

Nathan

After a minute of silence, Nathan sat again on the chair he moments ago raised from. Thoughts were rushing through his head followed by a fast heartbeat. He was not so sure if this was a good idea but he decided to give it a try and tell Magnus what he is looking for.

“If you tell anyone I will do what I promised before.” He silently commented, opening the book again. Magnus smiled with triumph on his face and took a seat next to Nathan.
    “Do not worry, no one will ever find out, I can promise you that.” His voice sounded sure of himself. “Promise for a promise.”
    Nathan rolled his eyes in response, taking a deep breath right after, starting to share his situation.

“I’m trying to locate someone… some demon to be more precise. I was marked by him since some incident years ago and I believe he was able to track me down whenever he wanted to.” He started, not even looking at Magnus face to see his reaction. “But the day Aaron took me in, he got rid of those marks. In same he got rid of the only way I could summon this motherfucker back to me and slice him to pieces for what he did. Those runes and symbols were some of the markings I had. I am trying to use them to somehow get closer to this demon and discover where to find him or how to call him, what is his name and such.”
    Nathan actually felt grateful for what Aaron did but in same he knew that because of removing the markings his hunt will be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Since that day he tried to ask Aaron for more details of which he surely knew but he always declined him in a way he could not oppose – after all, because of Aaron he was able to start living again and get his real revenge of his slaughtered family. Because of Aaron he knew how to use a weapon, protect himself and hide if necessary. Because of Aaron he got a knowledge no ordinary human possess. Because of Aaron he is feeling useful now. He decided not to push him but try to track the demon himself.

“Mhmm…” Magnus mumbled, reaching for a book he previously took against Nathan. “Can I? Will be gentle with this beauty, promise!” Nathan nodded his head, looking for the first time after his confession on librarian face. His red face was totally different now from before. Fascination was overflowing it and if it would be possible, he would drool a rainbow from his half opened, smiling mouth. His eyes were wide open, swallowing the page after page from behind his round glasses.
    “Magnificent… where did you take this book from?” he asked after couple of minutes. “Not your damn business, you got all necessary information’s to help me out. Origins of the book are not needed for that.” Magnus glared indignantly towards Nathan, moving his eyes back to the book.
    “I will need some time to take a closer look into it if you don’t mind… I want to give you best solution of course and it require deeper analysis…” he stammered with an undertone, moving again towards Nathan, awaiting his approval.

“Yeah, I guess I can allow that. Take your time and do this trick of yours with taking a power out of this knowledge. I will wait, take a nap perhaps or look around…”
    Magnus grinned happily, rubbing his hands together. “All right! But don’t touch this, that or that bookshelves!” He pointed with his long finger towards the bookcases he mentioned. Nathan rolled his eyes again. In what he just stepped into, trusting this annoying guy? He hoped it was good choice after all.
    “Feel like in home!” Magnus giggled going back to his lecture.

Hours were passing and Nathan was as bored as never. Taking a nap wasn’t such a bad idea but since he wasn’t trusting Magnus in one hundred percent, stealing the book of which it seems he became really intrigued with was a valid argument to stay awake.
    “I think I have something…” enlightened voice awakened Nathan from drifting away with his mind. Magnus looked as he just discovered America – totally proud of himself. “I believe I know, how you can summon him. It won’t be an ordinary summoning but since you was in contact with him before I believe it will be a piece of cake for you. I believe you tried already usual calling but it did not work, am I right?” Nathan nodded in response. He tried already many times all known to him ways to summon a demon but none of them worked.

“The difference is really small. You just need to use extra word in usual incantation and have one additional thing, which will be your own blood not animal one. And this word is a demon name, which I believe you did not know.”
    “That is all? Really?” Nathan grunted angry. “And it took you so long to get to this marvelous conclusion?”
    “Hey Loner, don’t forget that it took you months without any result… and yes, that’s all, but the hardest part was to get the demon name which now I can tell you or keep for myself if you won’t stop being an ass.”

“And I believe you won’t do that for free, am I right?” Nathan stood up, leaning over the table and glaring Magnus with his brown eyes, which smiled wildly at this question.
    “No… I will tell you just like that.” He replied, glaring Nathan back with his reddened eyes. “I don’t believe you. For sure you want something in return.”
    “Jesus Christ, Loner, you want it or not? How hard it is to understand I don’t want anything in return? Have some faith in humanity… aren’t we fighting on the same side after all?” this time it was Magnus who rolled his eyes while stretching his stiffened from hours of study bones. Nathan hesitated shortly giving up right after.
    “The hell, tell me what this demon name is.”

“Rahovart.” He answered with proud smile. ”There is actually not much known about this one.” Magnus said, showing him the picture of a hunched demon with a basket on his back. Nathan actually started to feel uncomfortable. Until today he was just thinking how it would be to meet him face to face again but now, having the formula just in front of him, nervousness and memories from the past hit him brutally in the face.
    “Thanks. And I mean it. I rarely show gratitude to anyone.” He said with confident tone, closing the books and gathering them in his arms. “It is time for me now. I have some business to deal with.”

“You’re welcome, Loner. Be careful… and be swift, there is not much time…” he answered with a grave face.
    Nathan left the library in silence, leaving Magnus all alone. Walking slowly through underground corridors made him think and prepare plans of how to deal with his life enemy. What he knew for sure, there was no time to postpone it. Now or never - just short preparation, few items to take and he can depart to some abandoned place where no one will witness the execution of evil except him. His goal soon will be fulfilled. Or will it be not? Nathan felt how sweat is appearing on his forehead and his body tremble. He was scared even if trying to convince himself that he was not. What if he will fail with his mission and end up murdered or even worse possessed by this demon? Should he go alone immediately or perhaps take someone as backup or just take some time for preparations? He was torn with choices ahead of him, trying to make a final decision while entering his quarters.

He hidden the books under his bed in a locked chest. After that he fell on hiss comfortable bed and looked on the photography of his family.
    “What should I do? Should I rush and be done with it or take my time and find some companion? Should I go to Aaron? No... I cannot endanger anyone, I must do it myself, it is my fight. On the other hand Magnus said there is no time, what did he meant?”

Suddenly a commotion outside shredded his thoughts. Few pairs of feet just ran through the corridor, followed by raised voices of which unfortunately he did not understand a word. This was unusual for this place. Something must happened. Should he go and check it out or stay and prepare for his mission all alone? He wanted to be done with this part of his life for so long and now he had a chance, feeling strong enough to do it by himself. On the other hand, shouldn’t he check out what is happening? Those people became after all some kind of his relatives, even if he did not want to admit it out loud.

1. Follow the commotion

2. Stay and prepare for the mission

• 1. Follow the commotion

Robert His eyes were going from one pelt to another, trying to see which one will attract him the most. He firstly looked at the wolf one

Robert His eyes were going from one pelt to another, trying to see which one will attract him the most. He firstly looked at the wolf one

I'm interested in what exactly is happening there. It seems to be important, so maybe it concerns Nathan as well. Also, I totally called it, Robert and Martha are related. Good to see that I was right on this one :D I just regret a little bit that I chose the bear skin in his last part, as the results have been not so impressive. And well, I still don't trust Magnus. He's even more shady now and I don't think he is truly on Nathan's side.

• Even when he want to be done with that part of his life, he has to check first, what is going on there and perhaps have some helping hands with that strong demon he wants to fight. Great part, even when with a mean cliffhanger in Roberts storyline :-)

1. Follow the commotion

• Stay and prepare for the mission I have a feeling that there'll be some nasty stuff happening that missing out on it won't be a great regret.

• **Vote is closed. Nathan will follow the commotion.** I though you will choose this one actually, i would be curious myself as a reader and would like Nathan to participate in the final scene of the chapter before departing to his mission.

Yes! Next part will be ending chapter 1 and you can expect it tomorrow.
  • Mean or not, that was your decision to pick this pelt. :-)

Ahuenn posted: »

Even when he want to be done with that part of his life, he has to check first, what is going on there and perhaps have some helping hands w

• Yes, you were right with their relation, i admit that i made it easier than i could from time perspective...

1. Follow the commotion I'm interested in what exactly is happening there. It seems to be important, so maybe it concerns Nathan as well.

• Durn it. I missed voting. Oh well. Next time. Next time....

**Vote is closed. Nathan will follow the commotion.** I though you will choose this one actually, i would be curious myself as a reader and

• Giovanni

Giovanni decided that it will be better to just wait in here for Aelia not to do something against her order. She surely knew how to use a weapon to defend herself and kill – it would be very bad idea to make her angry at first stage of their acquaintance – his legs would anyway refuse to obey.

Police sirens were closer and closer, making Giovanni feel even more uncomfortable as he already was. Finally, Aelia emerged from the darkness with a straight face expression.

“Let’s go, there is no time to loose, police will be here any second.” she told, giving Giovanni short nod directing the way of their escape route.
    “Is the paramedic woman alive?” Giovanni inquired uncertainly, following Aelia with limp step.
    “She is dead.” She answered shortly without even looking at him and accelerating the pace of the runaway.

Giovanni felt sorry for the girl which did not deserve to experience and end up how she did. It was probably day as the others, up to the point when her colleagues changed into brainless flesh eating zombies trying to dine on her, same as patient she was trying to bring back to life, which became a cruel irony.
    They both wandered through the dark streets up to the point, when Aelia stopped and gave a signal with her hand to wait.

Bastet

Distant voices were reaching closer and closer up to the point she was able to recognize the words spoken to her. Bastet felt dizzy and nauseous, stopping herself with throwing up on the spot – she felt that she is in a vehicle and bumpy road did not help with sickness she felt at this time.

“Hey, how are you feeling? Can you open your eyes?” she heard a warm, male voice above her. “Can you tell me your name?”

“M-my name is Ba-astet…” she murmured, opening her eyes slowly. The vision was blurred and fuzzy but after few moments of blinking with the eyes it got clearer. There was a man kneeling above her. He had pale skin with icy blue eyes and black hair with short stubble on his face and was definitely quite handsome.

“Good to hear that you are back, you can call me David.” He said, smiling gently. Bastet felt how warmness comes back to her body.
    “Can you tell me how many fingers can you see?” David asked, pulling out three of them in front of her eyes.

Bastet tried to concentrate on his hand but surroundings made her attention scatter. Car she was in was having some interior space which made her realize it’s a van and she was laying on its floor covered with a blanket. Behind David she saw white haired man from animal clinic who came for her rescue. Memories started to come back and made her even more confused and unwell. She tried to ascent up but was stopped by David’s hand, pushing her gently down.

“Don’t worry, you are safe. Try to rest a bit to get rid of dizziness. Just tell me how many fingers you can see?” He repeated his previous question.

“Dave, common! Leave her alone, she surely know how to count, let her rest and don’t annoy her with this doctor questions of yours.” Female voice appeared from the back. Now Bastet was sure that there are at least three people inside.

“Stop lecturing me Bex and let me do my job. Better concentrate on the road. She suffered strong hit and could have a concussion. Luckily bones seems to be not broken. I hope internal organs are not affected as well.” David answered, pressing softly on Bastet’s stomach examining it with concentration.

“You two love to argue, don’t you?” white haired man joined the conversation with his strong, accented voice.

“I don’t even know, why you took her with you Ivan! It’s not like we need her…” Bex sighed out loud not sounding very happy of Bastet presence.

“I need her! Mr. Sebastian needs a veterinarian help. He’s acting very strange recently…” Ivan answered, sounding very concern.

“Boo-hoo, I guess he have a constipation or something, assuming from his recent behavior, you don’t need a vet to give you accurate diagnosis!”

“If you are so smart, perhaps then you will cure him all by yourself?” Ivan growled, raising from his seat all tensed up.

“Big thing, buying some poo pills and feeding them to a cat!” Bex laughed, hitting with her hand in the steering wheel in act of amusement.

“Can you two stop this pathetic conversation?” David intervened, while Ivan changed place to the most distanced one from Bex, which pulled out her tongue in the response.

“I’m so sorry for this two. Believe me, they really like each other… it’s just very specific relation they have combined with sense of humor.” He said calmly to Bastet, which was just listening to this indeed interesting conversation and enjoying in same David gentle hands taking care of her.

“Good, you are getting your colors back. Seems that your internal organs are okay as well. You were lucky, Bastet.” She felt her cheeks burning caused by his close presence and felt ashamed that he seemed to notice that.

“Who are you, people? As I understand you need me to help some cat named Mr. Sebastian… couldn’t you just bring him to the clinic instead of… kidnapping me?” saying the last words made her realize that it was indeed a kidnap and made her instantly horrified and in panic.

“Hey, no one is kidnapping you…” David bowed more close towards her, leaning his hands on her shaking arms and starring into her scared face, trying to calm her down.

“Told you! Aaron won’t be happy when we will bring someone against their own will to the headquarters…” Bex added, being immediately silenced by Ivan shushing her down. He moved closer and kneeled on the other side of Bastet, facing David. The moment she saw his milky eyes and scarred face, she felt that she will drift away any second again from fear and sensations.

“She is not well and in shock, don’t make her more scared or she will pass out again! You two, shut up!” David said with serious voice, covering Bastet more precise with the blanket.

“I’m sorry, miss Bastet… I did not want to give you impression that you are being kidnapped. I just wanted to take you out of there to avoid police asking you weird questions about what happened in there. It would end badly for you if they would hear your story. They would close you in a mental institution and you would not be able to help animals anymore. I saw what you did for Mike and Rocky. It was noble, especially in such unusual for you situation. You seem to be a good, intelligent and caring woman, looking outside of the box, therefore I decided to take you with me to help Mr. Sebastian. Please, forgive me and don’t be afraid, we won’t hurt you.”

When Ivan ended his monologue, vehicle went silent – even Bex did not add any mean comment. Surely he knew how to speak in a way to make someone calm and comfortable with the unexpected situation – previous example she had while he was trying to talk Mike into departing from the mortal world.
    Dave and Ivan were both gently smiling towards Bastet, who replied with the same. She felt more relaxed and not in danger anymore. It was new adventure for her which she decided to participate in.

In the next second car stopped and side doors opened, letting the streetlight rays inside. Two figures came inside. One was a female with dark brown hair, wearing black leather suit. She had pale, almost porcelain looking skin contrasting with red lips and unusual light, silver alike looking eyes. Male was tall, good build but not with so much visible muscles. He had short and brown, styled upwards hair. His eyes were blue with a mixture of grey and his skin was quite bright. He had on himself blue jeans and brown leather jacket with black t-shirt underneath.

“Good evening…” new companion said while entering, sounding really unsure and scanning every new face inside the vehicle.
    “Thank you for punctual arrival.” Woman said towards Bex behind the wheel, which answered with a simple nod.

“I see we have some additional person tonight with us.” She commented, narrowing her eyes directed on Bastet, who felt like she was piercing her brain right through.
    “I could say the same about your acquaintance.” Bex commented silently, looking through the rearview mirror with her icy glare. Bastet could tell from the way they communicated, that this two are not in a good relations.

“This is Giovanni.” She introduced the man shortly. “He is a new member of ours.” Loud sigh came from the front. “Giovanni, this is David, Ivan and Rebecca.” Aelia said, showing with her head who is who. “My name is Aelia.” She continued towards now sitting on the ground, supported by David arms, Bastet.

“Nice to meet you, my name is Bastet. Buonasera.” She nodded towards Giovanni, realizing that he is Italian, same as she is.

“Stai bene? Appare pallido.” he replied. “Sto meglio, grazie, era notte ruvido…” Bastet smiled weakly, getting crinkled smile back from Giovanni. „Non ero solo allora.” They both giggled silently, realizing that for both of them it was a hard night and they both are newbies in this world they stepped into.

The rest of the road passed in uncomfortable silence between everyone. Only looks and smiles were exchanged from time to time. After good half an hour Bastet felt how car changed direction and it’s going downwards into some dark wide tunnel, lightened only with a car headlights. Realization of a facts that not long ago she just helped to depart a ghost from this world and now she is riding underground with group of unknown personas gave her heart a faster beat and stressful sweat. She felt a penetrative gaze again going through her but decided to avoid eye to eye confrontation. Bastet gulped as silent she could, moving deeper into David’s arms without even realizing it.

After couple additional minutes and gates passed, car drove into huge space filled with different kinds of vehicles – from simple bikes to motorcycles and even a small planes. Her mouth, same as Giovanni’s, opened immediately in surprise. They surely did not expect to see something like that hidden from their eyes all their lives - it needed to be somewhere underground, starting on the peripheries of the city.

Vehicle stopped, announcing the end of their journey.
    “I know you must be comfortable, but we need to get out now.” David whispered silently into Bastet’s ear, which made her jump unexpectedly away, realizing that she was curled in his arms.

Doors opened again, letting cold air come inside, refreshing and cooling down her face.
    “Good timing, guys. There is a situation.” A man appeared in front of the entrance. He was clearly a Japanese originated with long, black hair made into a high ponytail and black, short and precise styled beard. His English was good but still containing some accent and proud tone in it. He had a black kimono on him with a katana by his side. Everyone went out of car by their own, while Bastet was supported by chevalier David who seemed to really care about his new patient. Aelia’s face went again into concentrated state, which Giovanni resembled from their recent walk.

“As I can see, we will take an elevator instead of stairs.” Japanese said, bowing slightly towards his comrades and leading the whole group towards huge elevator door, which were decorated by stone installation presenting statues of an angel crossing the swords with a devil in the deadly match.
    “Takezo-kun, can you tell us what is happening?” Ivan asked with a concern on his face.

“You better see it for yourself… if you know what I mean.” Takezo grinned towards Ivan who replied him with the same barred smile. Bastet and Giovanni looked at each other, not understanding how a blind man could actually see anything. “Actually, I have no idea what is happening, but Aaron called the most important members down.”

For the surprise of both, elevator was going down, not up and they started their descent on the level minus 10. After descending 6 more floors, elevator stopped and everyone went out, following Takezo through the wide corridor. Floor was covered in stylish, black-reddish carpet while stone walls were having mounted candleholders, illuminating the way to the big, beautifully carved wooden doors. They entered inside the big hall, which had ceiling supported with huge, marble columns wrapped with statues. Atmosphere inside was mystical, because almost everything was covered in one, enormous mosaic presenting the human-kind and beast-kind figures on them. The floor was divided into stone paths converging in the middle platform and all of that was surrounded by deep chasms in the depths of which burned fire.
    Central platform was filled with quite big group of people, nervously chatting and awaiting something to happen.

“Is it good idea to have newcomers with us in here?” Bex commented while walking towards the crowd.
    “I would say no, but it seems we don’t have time to accommodate them somewhere.” Aelia answered, giving Giovanni and Bastet cold glare. Giovanni lowered his eyes, this time feeling intimidated by her presence.

“On the other hand they are new members, perhaps it is better for them to get an introduction from Aaron himself.” David added, pulling Bastet closer to himself, seeing that she again started to tremble because of visible acrophobia. “No worries, you won’t fall down. I won’t allow it.” She smiled warmly, making her a little more comfortable.
    After finally reaching the middle of the hall, they stayed at the edge of the mob, attracting few more people towards them. It was Martha together with Robert and Nathan, who seems to know each other quite well. Another introduction took place for everyone to be aware of new people in the organization.

“It is so nice to have new faces in here!” Martha said, sniffling and wiping her eyes with a handkerchief. Robert was staying next to her, patting her on the shoulder in confusion – she was such an emotional person, he though. Nathan was just standing with crossed arms and observing new faces with his only visible brown eyes, hoping that this will be worth delaying his mission.
    At last the door opened, revealing three figures approaching, everyone by its own stone path.

Firstly, on the left of observers, tall young man with long golden curls was walking. He had on himself elegant but as well extravagant suit with a cross on his chest. His golden alike eyes were shining in the light of flames which grew on intensity the moment they entered the hall.

In the middle, there was slim but good built and pale man with amber eyes and weirdly black eye whites. He had medium length light brown hair and clean shaven face, wearing very old looking grey tunic. Giovanni noticed that Aelia’s mouth opened slightly, whispering something underneath while grabbing Ivan’s arm strongly. He noticed as well a single tear flowing down her porcelain cheek.

On the right side there was elderly looking man approaching with grey hair with mustaches and short beard. His eyes were of color blue and green and he had an old and half destroyed, grey leather jacket on him splattered with dried blood.

“Richard?! Father?!” Martha’s voice echoed through the whole hall, creating commotion of people who heard the news and wasn’t able to see the man themselves. Robert felt how his knees just buckled under him, making him kneel, catching his newly met aunt’s hand with a strong grip.
    His grandfather was alive, which seemed to be unreal, after seeing his dead body on the carpet in the pool of his own blood two weeks ago.

End of chapter one.

Hope you guys liked the first chapter! I surely had fun writing it, especially seeing how long it became.

There is also updated Bastet picture in characters introduced.

• The end of this chapter made my hairs stand up. Anywho, Bastet 4 Life

Giovanni Giovanni decided that it will be better to just wait in here for Aelia not to do something against her order. She surely knew ho

• This was a great finale for the chapter! I'm very surprised by Richard, especially as Robert was pretty sure that he is dead and even saw his dead body. I mean, he either faked his death for some reason, or this is not the real Richard. After all, you mentioned in the introductory post that experienced shapeshifters can transform into other humans as well. Also, I guess our choice to stay hidden caused the death of the paramedic, am I right? If so, then damn it. I have not expected that. Anyways, Bastet and Dave are cute :D Bex and Ivan also had a pretty great talk, I like the relationship between these two, though I wonder why Bex seems to dislike Aelia.

Giovanni Giovanni decided that it will be better to just wait in here for Aelia not to do something against her order. She surely knew ho

• Great Part!!!

• Wow, awesome finale, congratulations! This really raised the appetite for the next chapter even more :-)

• Awesome part ! ;)

• I like your way of figuring the things out and it only show me that you really enjoy the story which makes me happy.

Yes, choice to stay hidden was more or less reason of the paramedic girl death. If other one would won, then it would be some discovery for Giovanni to experience, which now will be delayed in time.

Bastet and Dave, yes - loved to write it actually, it made me a warm feeling while describing their interactions. About Bex, well... something in her past i believe make her dislike her from the default. :-)

This was a great finale for the chapter! I'm very surprised by Richard, especially as Robert was pretty sure that he is dead and even saw hi

• Just wanted to let you know, I finally got around to submitting a character. Hope you like it.

• Yes, i like it, really. Thank you for submitting! :-)

mr.quality posted: »

Just wanted to let you know, I finally got around to submitting a character. Hope you like it.

• I agree with Mathea on the fact that Liquid has a way of pulling apart my story and figuring out what I have planned to do next, haha. Good work with the story man, I'm only early on into it but I am really liking it. Hope to fit a bit more time into reading this and FoT these upcoming weekends!

I like your way of figuring the things out and it only show me that you really enjoy the story which makes me happy. Yes, choice to stay

• Hey guys,

i am sorry to say that, but i need to take a break... my creativity towards the story went somewhere and i need to go search for it and i hope to come back as fast as i do that. Together with still fighting against this appearing and disappearing cold (yeah, everyone around me get totally sick and get's sick leave but not me) i feel totally weak and have no strength to write after work and in weekends was actually my only time when i was able to sit down and concentrate.

I hope you still will be here when time comes.

• I am still here, but story sadly is not at the moment - and honestly I don't know if it will come back. Reasons are many at this moment but most important one is that I simply have no time to write myself, but just to follow the rest of the awesome fan-fictions written in the community forums. If my life will change, and it can happen in the incoming months, I will perhaps start freshly with the new story, since I think the break in this one simply killed it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.