Gosh! The hate for this game is real (on Reddit, at least)!

Go to this thread and you'll see why.

One person in that thread literally said:

"It's pretty much just Minecraft: The Animation: The game."

Comments

• You should have been here when the game was first announced.

• Don't really expect any less from reddit to be honest

lmao

• edited September 2015

InB4 Close....oh....nvm then

• It was worse than the reception to the idea of a Borderlands game, and that was also pretty bad.

You should have been here when the game was first announced.

• At least its not like that here.

• It used to be, but I think most people who didn't originally react well to the announcement either try to pretend it doesn't exist, keep their mouth shut, avoid this section or are waiting until the game actually comes out before saying "I told you so", buying it for themselves or ignore it.

Reconn posted: »

At least its not like that here.

• edited September 2015

Lots of people ate their own words after it came out.

dojo32161 posted: »

It was worse than the reception to the idea of a Borderlands game, and that was also pretty bad.

• I was banned at the time and came back to see a whole new section full of hate threads. I was like:

enter image description here

You should have been here when the game was first announced.

• "It's pretty much just Minecraft: The Animation: The game."

Hm... Isn't it, though?

And is it a bad thing?

Look at all the animations people make with Minecraft in order to tell a story. Isn't this game an interactive story told with a Minecraft theme? So yes, it is basically "Minecraft: The Animation: The game", and that's not necessarily bad.

• Yep and I hope it happens again.

Lots of people ate their own words after it came out.

• I seriously don't understand the need for some people to hate on a game just because it's not the game they want. I have zero interest in playing a square pixel in Minecraft story mode, and while I'll admit that I do feel bummed everytime I see another news coming out from telltale and realize it's once more a Minecraft one and not something about the games I'm really looking forward to play (GOT and TWD), I'm happy for the people who like Minecraft and wish it well.

• edited September 2015

hate

on reddit

This story checks out.

• To be honest. Fuck Reddit. Many peoples there are just assholes. At least in the Sub-reddits i was lurking. Reddit is a Bad place. Like NeoGAF. Sorry if i'm to harsh or unfriendly.

• The sub-reddits are as good as their moderation. I participate on two actively (Elder Scrolls Online and Steven Universe) and the people there are really friendly. But then again, the mods are really active.

GSSalvador posted: »

To be honest. Fuck Reddit. Many peoples there are just assholes. At least in the Sub-reddits i was lurking. Reddit is a Bad place. Like NeoGAF. Sorry if i'm to harsh or unfriendly.

• If you think reddit is bad, go in /b/(random) on 4Chan.

Unless you already know about how terrible 4Chan is.

To be honest. Fuck Reddit. Many peoples there are just assholes. At least in the Sub-reddits i was lurking. Reddit is a Bad place. Like NeoGAF. Sorry if i'm to harsh or unfriendly.

• lol let people be close-minded douchebags.

because their brain is not capable enough to understand.

• I am banned from 4chan apperently. So Yeah.

If you think reddit is bad, go in /b/(random) on 4Chan. Unless you already know about how terrible 4Chan is.

• damn

I am banned from 4chan apperently. So Yeah.

• Im actually Not sure if im Really banned. But lets say...i had a "little misunderstanding" with someone there and it got very personal very fast. since then i cant go to the 4chan website. I don't know how but yeah.

damn

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2015

Heh, guess that Walking Dead: Season 1: The Telltale Animation was pretty terrible too, right? I mean, c'mon! All you did was click on dialogue!

Jokes aside, I've actually noticed that Reddit usually likes Telltale related games ever since Walking Dead so I think this is mostly people having the same reaction the boards did when a Minecraft Telltale game was announced.

• edited September 2015

You make one wrong move on 4Chan someone always calls you out on it lmao

Even tho I'm just a lurker

Im actually Not sure if im Really banned. But lets say...i had a "little misunderstanding" with someone there and it got very personal very fast. since then i cant go to the 4chan website. I don't know how but yeah.

• people like to say reddit is the front page of the internet, it really isn't, it is more like messages scrawled in excrement on the back of a public toilet door

• If you mean having a different opinion on something then you're very right!

You make one wrong move on 4Chan someone always calls you out on it lmao Even tho I'm just a lurker

• If you mean having a different opinion

Yup

If you mean having a different opinion on something then you're very right!

• people have such a hate for this game i dont know why probably because people dont like the blocky graphics i personally love minecraft and cant wait for this game to come out i have it on ps3 and vita i dont own a pc or xbox if someone dont like somethig dhen dont frickin play it simple as that

• Eh, this forum went through that phase too.

• Why wouldn't it be?

This game looks liike garbage. The trailer was cringeworthy

• Like many have said before, this exact thing happened when Tales from the Borderlands was announced. Look where that went.

I'm gonna be honest, all the way up to the point of playing the game myself, I didn't think Tales looked that appealing to me. But I knew it wouldn't be fair to not give the game a chance, and it was five bucks so it wasn't really a risk.

Tales became my favorite telltale game of all time after episode 4, so I definitely don't regret my decision. Even if the game was bad, it was only 5 bucks, whatever.

To be fair, even if Minecraft turned out to suck I'm still gonna buy all the episodes and play them 100 times, because that's how I role with Telltale.

• Hey don't shit talk Neogaf, the people there are great. At least the people there that are.

You are right though.

Gaf users are waaaaayyy more mature than Reddit users, though.

• edited September 2015

I don't understand why people give Telltale so much shit for this and anything that's not TWD or TWAU. I mean, Telltale pursuing other projects? How dare they!

• People acted the same way toward Wolf around Walking Dead: Season 2, and also acted like Borderlands would be some silly game about memes and guns that would attract rowdy FPS fans on the boards. Really, it's just a matter of people not liking change up until they try/hear about the games.

ralo229 posted: »

I don't understand why people give Telltale so much shit for this and anything that's not TWD or TWAU. I mean, Telltale pursuing other projects? How dare they!

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2015

And before that, when Walking Dead was announced, everyone thought that all the horrible Walking Dead fans would ruin everything! I was still just a fan on these forums back then and was worried TWD would stop me from getting more Puzzle Agent. :)

People acted the same way toward Wolf around Walking Dead: Season 2, and also acted like Borderlands would be some silly game about memes an

• It is a circle!

stirpicus posted: »

And before that, when Walking Dead was announced, everyone thought that all the horrible Walking Dead fans would ruin everything! I was still just a fan on these forums back then and was worried TWD would stop me from getting more Puzzle Agent.

• Puzzle Agent comeback confirmed ? (please say yes)

stirpicus posted: »

And before that, when Walking Dead was announced, everyone thought that all the horrible Walking Dead fans would ruin everything! I was still just a fan on these forums back then and was worried TWD would stop me from getting more Puzzle Agent.

• I'm sorry to say this, but telltale's older games all suck (With an exception of back to the future.) the puzzles akways piss me off and i spend hours trying to complete them. Telltale really made a good choice by having choice based gameplay and i hope they would do another back to the future with those gameplay elements.

martymf621 posted: »

Puzzle Agent comeback confirmed ? (please say yes)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited September 2015

Eh, I love their older games, especially the Sam & Max series and Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People. Although the puzzles do definitely halt the progress at times.

I'm sorry to say this, but telltale's older games all suck (With an exception of back to the future.) the puzzles akways piss me off and i s

• 3spooky5me

dojo32161 posted: »

Eh, I love their older games, especially the Sam & Max series and Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People. Although the puzzles do definitely halt the progress at times.

• enter image description here

3spooky5me

• but telltale's older games all suck

enter image description here

I'm sorry to say this, but telltale's older games all suck (With an exception of back to the future.) the puzzles akways piss me off and i s

• People said the same thing about tales

Journey95 posted: »

Why wouldn't it be? This game looks liike garbage. The trailer was cringeworthy

Sign in to comment in this discussion.