Your favorite moments of SBCG4AP Ep 4: Dangeresque 3 [spoilers]

DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
I usually come out to the world of internet forum anonymity to make some random inside joke that no one understands.

This time is different (I hope).

I work at Telltale as a choreographer. This job title is elusive at times because although we have had opportunities to put together some dance numbers, the job is mostly a combination of acting, directing, cinematography and layout with a touch of technical know-how to make the magic happen.

SBCG4AP Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective was an interesting project because we split up the environments among us and each of us got an opportunity to relive the days of our youth when we first picked up a VHS (or betamax) video camera and tried to make our first movie.

So it will be interesting for us to know which moments of the game you found to be funny, interesting, exciting, puzzling, etc.

I'll start by saying that one of my favorite things to do as I was doing a final play-through of this episode was to try to figure out who was holding the camera for each scene. At times we gave some pretty big hints like showing the character's feet. Other times we just had the camera at an angle that only a couple of characters could reach. There were also some times when there really was no easy way to know.

Since many of us read the forums you might even get responses from people on the team, so tell us what you think...

Comments

• edited November 2008
    I really, really, really liked Dadgeresque.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    I started playing through the game on my Wii at home last night (first time playing the final version!) and I was laughing, sad and alone in my apartment, at Strong Mad repeatedly hitting his head on the hood of the car when chasing you. I hadn't heard it before with final sound effects, and seeing it all together and done cracked me up. My favorite moments though, much like Gibbeynator, are probably still Dadgeresque's introduction, and "demise."
  • edited November 2008
    Most likely, this is because I'm a Frantics fan, but my favorite part can be summed up thus:

"And a boot to the head! And one for Jenny and the Wimp!"

Get the picture?
  • edited November 2008
    My favorite parts? pretty much any of the bad scene cuts where they didn't rewind the tape back enough to overwrite all of the previous take...

Renaldo: "That's the stupidest thing i've ev-" *blip* "Dangeresque you're a genius!"

The scene with the four scissor holes in the wall after the cut was funny too.

But the alternate ending where Dangeresque just leaves Crag to beat up Dangeresque...too?, and Uzi's ransom video rank high on my list as well.
  • edited November 2008
    Yup, all the bad cuts were hilarious. I especially loved

- When Strong Bad and Homestar are speaking in the Sun and then a window falls and they stand there looking at it. So random.
    - All the tricks they use to have Uzi and Dangeresque Too on screen at the same time.
    - Dadgeresque
    - Anytime they used Strong Sad as the stunt :D
  • edited November 2008
    The funniest moment in the game, for me, at least, was the "death" of Dadgeresque. I never knew that an unwilling citizen could make such a fine actor. I literally laughed out loud, which happens very rarely.

EDIT: Actually, the opening cinematics ala Strong Bad's dream were amazing. Maybe not so much funny as very, very cool-looking.
  • edited November 2008
    As with apparently everyone else, I really liked the poor cinematography and awkward cuts.
    But after Darin spilled the beans on it, the line of dialogue when you find Onion Bubs during the main story is delightful.
  • edited November 2008
    I really loved the guy who played Dangeresque's dad. His form of speech rivals Homsar's language, and he reminds me of my dad when he wakes up in the morning:D.
  • edited November 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    I really loved the guy who played Dangeresque's dad. His form of speech rivals Homsar's language, and he reminds me of my dad when he wakes up in the morning:D.
    If you'd like to see more of Senor Cardgage, here is the list of his appearances.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited November 2008
    My favorite moments are talking to the "Kidnapped little girl" aka the Poopsmith. Originally I had written this part for Marzipan. She was going to be wearing yet another wig and different outfit... possibly with some regular eyeglasses. But it started to feel like too much Marzipan... and it wasn't very funny. I started to ask the other designers who they thought should play the kidnapped woman, and Mike Stemmle suggested the Poopsmith. I haven't stopped laughing at the idea since!
  • edited November 2008
    Funniest scene would have to be getting Marzipan's plant back after taking her hair.
  • edited November 2008
    Funniest scene ould have to be getting Marzipan's plant back after taking her hair.

Same here.
    Also Those bad cuts on the movie
    We're going to France beep We're going to Italy.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    Using the nunchuk gun on the Poopsmith probably made me laugh the hardest.
  • edited November 2008
    Favorite moment: Death of Dadgeresque. Why? For some reason, Strong..er, Dangeresque's intensity when he yells out "Bazoooooka!" And pulls out his nunchuck gun....I don't know, there's just this awesome intensity....
  • edited November 2008
    Did ANYONE else try using different items when playing RPB?
    "Scissors!? Scissors have no place in a game with Rocks and Papers!"
  • edited November 2008
    Oo! oo! I did! Twas coo.
  • edited November 2008
    Did ANYONE else try using different items when playing RPB?
    "Scissors!? Scissors have no place in a game with Rocks and Papers!"

Yup! You can use the Numchuck gun....the fomula.....the cards.....and they all work!

-Death of "Dadgeresque"
    -Dadgeresque in general
    -Kicking Craig in space
    -The Spit Takes and Cut Outs
    -Numchucking people
  • edited November 2008
    I actually thought the kicking Craig part was way to predictable.
  • edited November 2008
    Fave bit was after Dadgeresque's death, and Homestar makes a comment as you see him walking away behind him.
  • edited November 2008
    My favorite is Uzi Bazooka's evil mastermind speech at the end.
    Or "We're not out of the boat yet. Now we are out of the boat."
    Or "We're going to France! We're going to Italy!"

I like episode 5 a lot, but episode 4 is still my personal favorite of the series.
  • edited November 2008
    Dadgeresque walking from the scene after his death was pure gold.

Also:

The repeated "Looks like we're gonna have to JUUUUMP!" jokes.

The rewinding of the sawblade throw.

All of the "DVD features" in Extended Play.

Mo-cap Strong Sad dragon.

And, of course, "It's what plants crave!".
  • edited November 2008
    Oh, I also love it if you get the map second, Strong bad starts walking off to the hideout, and runs into the camera.
  • edited November 2008
    Oh, I also love it if you get the map second, Strong bad starts walking off to the hideout, and runs into the camera.

...? I didn't encounter this in the game, and it sounds hilarious...
  • edited November 2008
    ...? I didn't encounter this in the game, and it sounds hilarious...
    I'm guessing here, but it sounds like it's accomplished by solving the kidnapping before beating Perducci at RPB.
  • edited November 2008
    My favorite parts were when someone would show up in the background after they were supposed to be gone. I think it happened a couple of times, most notably with Dadgeresque.

I found it odd, though that he made no comment when the word "picturesque" was used in dialogue...
  • edited November 2008
    When Killingyouguy was going after the car
  • EricPEricP Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2008
    My favorites include:
    "We're going to France! We're going to Italy!"
    "Don't I get any change?" "Please, stay the way you are."
    The Michael Bay shot as Dangeresque draws his nunchuck gun following the death of Dadgeresque.

But the top for me has to be...the Poopsmith in a wig. Strong Bad's inability to get through his lines when talking to/nunchucking the Poopsmith parallels my own struggle to keep from giggling to myself every time I worked on something with him in it.

I'm having trouble deciding between episode 4 or 5 as my personal favorite, but this was definitely my favorite to work on.
  • edited November 2008
    It's hard to pick the best bits, I think the car chase scene comes out on top for me.
    Are there any plans to release a new version for pc with fixes? I got the invisible cutesy-buttons one which made the extended play bits incomplete :/
  • edited December 2008
    The car chase was fun, and I also liked looking at the randomly asorted cards during the card game with Perducci. The most funniest scene would have to be Dadgeresque walking past in the background after his "death".
  • edited December 2008
    When Dangeresque dies, and the parts with Senor Cardgage, and when the poopsmith is the kidnapped girl!
  • edited December 2008
    The Death of "Dadgeresque", or more to the point, "Dadgeresque" standing up and walking away after he's supposed to be dead.
  • edited December 2008
    Onion Bubs.
  • edited December 2008
    Ren-I mean, Coach Z: "Oh, but I only had two weeks 'till retirement!"
  • edited December 2008
    "AND A BOOT TO THE HEAD!", Dadgeresque, and the ultimate one...
    "I AM LUGER MACHETE!"
  • edited December 2008
    Strong Bad talking to Sultry Buttons:
    "You, me... the ruby... maybe not you..."
  • edited December 2008
    My favorite scene (aside from Dadgeresque's "death", which is everyone else's favorite scene as well) is when Dangeresque takes the blocker off the floor in Craig's hideout.
    DANGERESQUE: Good thing I picked that up. Someone might have been hurt.
    RENALDO: Would you say it's "dangerous?"
    DANGERESQUE: I would say it is dangerous. Yes.
    XD
  • edited December 2008
    like pink freud i like that part except its when he says "oh! was that your liver? well here's my fist!"
  • edited December 2008
    Poisonesque!
  • edited December 2008
    -Dangeresque beating up the bear holding a shark.
    -Kicking the Cheat into the "airlock". (or did I imagine that?)
  • edited December 2008
    I can't believe noone has said anything specific about one particular "Looks like I'm gonna have to jump" sequence. You know, with the tree, the cardboard cutout and the "totally Strong Bad doing his own stunts" bit. I laughed pretty good at that one, it was a perfect throwback to where the whole Dangeresque franchise got its start.

FLOP!

Ha ha.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.