First Episode available TOMORROW!

13»

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Is it really that hard to use an internet time zone converter?

And you still need to convert an Interent Beat time to local time to make any sense of it...
  • edited October 2006
    jep, the good old times. the swatch beat was invented 5 years after "sam and max hit the road". in my point of view, this game started a new calculation of times. in my little world, today is the year 13 a samhtr (after sam and max hit the road")

did you ever notice, that the initials of "sam and max" form the name "SAM" if they were put together? isn't that strange? sounds like very conspirative to me...
  • edited October 2006
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Is it really that hard to use an internet time zone converter?

And you still need to convert an Interent Beat time to local time to make any sense of it...

yes, that's the american way ;-) why doing it simple, when there's an uncomfortable way. such as using AM and PM instead of the 24h schedule ;-)

you don' need to convert the internet beat, if everyone has such a clock and is used to it.
  • edited October 2006
    Mischa wrote: »
    you don' need to convert the internet beat, if everyone has such a clock and is used to it.

And therein lies the flaw.
  • edited October 2006
    Mischa wrote: »
    did you ever notice, that the initials of "sam and max" form the name "SAM" if they were put together? isn't that strange? sounds like very conspirative to me...

I never noticed that before. :) It's called a recursive acronym.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursive_Acronym
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    jp-30 wrote:
    Numble's idea of a countdown clock is a good one. Except that if there is a slight delay in getting the download activation thing switched on, all hell will break loose.

Indeed, which is exactly why we decided not to do this. ;)
    Yes I AM AWARE what the definition of Simultaneous BUT it says it will be RELEASED on Nov 1st......So if we recieve it on November 2nd we arent revieving it Simultaneously on the 1st ARE WE

Sorry, we haven't quite figured out how to make time stand still. :(

Next time we make an announcement it will be "Sam & Max's worldwide release will be Wednesday, November 1, sometime in the morning, Pacific standard time, which is sometime in the afternoon on the east coast, sometime in the evening in Europe, and early the next morning in Australia and New Zealand..." Doesn't have the same ring to it. :D

Soon, guys! Very very soon!
  • edited November 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    Sorry, we haven't quite figured out how to make time stand still. :(
    You could release it at 10am GMT. That's the time MS use to ensure that everyone in the world gets the same piece of content on the same day on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Still good to read that it's coming soon.
  • edited November 2006
    Yay, Emily posted. That means she is awake and physically shoving the game into those little tubes we call the internet!

Oh, and good morning Telltale. Today is going to be an exciting day.
  • edited November 2006
    Emily wrote: »
    Next time we make an announcement it will be "Sam & Max's worldwide release will be Wednesday, November 1, sometime in the morning, Pacific standard time, which is sometime in the afternoon on the east coast, sometime in the evening in Europe, and early the next morning in Australia and New Zealand..." Doesn't have the same ring to it. :D

The Internet needs a standard time...UTC or perhaps Swatch Internet Time. Oh no, I'm reading Wikipedia while I wait, save me!

Good to hear regardless, looking forward to this :D
  • edited November 2006
    Despot wrote: »
    The Internet needs a standard time...UTC or perhaps Swatch Internet Time. Oh no, I'm reading Wikipedia while I wait, save me!

Good to hear regardless, looking forward to this :D

i've posted this a few posts before ;-)

oh boy, Nov 1st is running out in germany and there's still no sam and max on my computer...
    we've got 4:40 h to go...
  • edited November 2006
    D'oh. That's what I get for not reading a thread in its entirety. Ah well, it was an interesting read nonetheless.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.