Make Your Own Videlectrix Game!

In case there ever is a season 2, post all of your suggestions/ideas for future Videlectrix games here.

Comments

• edited December 2008
    Here's my idea:

Title: Rough Copy Platformer: The Sandpaper Edition

Premise: A platformer based on the e-mail "rough copy" (you can watch it here: http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail170.html) where you play as Strong Bad in his barbed wire costume.

Gameplay: You jump across platforms and shoot enemies with bullet ammo that you pick up along the way. There are three different types of enemies: Maraudering Moles, Stealing Swine and Baboon Bandits. Bonus points are earned by collecting soft tacos.
  • edited December 2008
    Mabye the true Spirits of 76, Hathathlon, Mr. Fixit, Lady Crate Ape. What am I talking about. Mabye a game of mini SB adventures like traveling through space, jumping over sharks, dodging a herd of bulls, or fishing/rowing to sea and we could play as SB related people like SB, Ultimate SB, his sprite changes from 8 Bit is Enough or Stinkoman along with unlockable that you can get with codes from the manuals with like 8 pages and pages 2,3,4,5,6, and 7 having a code to play with any other characters.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited December 2008
    My original design for "Astro Shark Surfer" never made it in. I opted for Snake Boxed V instead. Who knows, maybe one day...
  • edited December 2008
    That sounds cool. Could you show us some designs.
  • edited December 2008
    game name: RPG

premise: a two minute RPG where the entire goal of the game is to make it to level two AND collect an item (check it out: this is so awesome. You have to look BEHIND something! Brilliant!)

Enemies: just one. He is called THE DOT. It looks like he's only made of one pixel, but if you look closesly you can see that he actually also uses half of another pixel. Brilliant!
  • edited December 2008
    Nah, Mark's space shark-jumping game was really cool at the beginning, but it got really lame about halfway through.
  • edited December 2008
    I don't think they should make ANY new games until after Stinkoman 20X6 level 10 is released. After finally playing through the game (or at least the portion that's up now), I am craving level 10.

After that, I'd love to see a space shooter similar to Galaga, maybe somewhat like a hyped-up version of the sample game from HomestarRunner.com PAY PLUS!
    edited December 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    My original design for "Astro Shark Surfer" never made it in. I opted for Snake Boxed V instead. Who knows, maybe one day...
    That sounds cool. Could you show us some designs.

I was gonna upload some sketches, but I cant find them. Oh well.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm thinking of a wild western game that is based on the Pony Express. You play a lone horse-riding delivery man that must survive hazards, such as rattlesnakes, cactus, stapeding bison, and indians, in order to deliver mail to a homestead. It'll be both entertaining and educational, like the game with the math loving kung-fu fighters.
  • edited December 2008
    How about Dangeresque Roomisode? Sounds kind of fun, a point-and-click-em-up inside a point-em-click-em-up. Then, inside that game, Videlectrix added another Videlectrix game, to mimick that of Telltale's Videlectrix mini-games. So, instead of having one mini-game, you'll get one mini-game and a micro-game!

Or, "Continuously tap this button", in which you will need to tap a certain button continuously in order to win. No time limit, just keep on pressing until you've reached the end or something.
  • edited December 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    How about Dangeresque Roomisode? Sounds kind of fun, a point-and-click-em-up inside a point-em-click-em-up. Then, inside that game, Videlectrix added another Videlectrix game, to mimick that of Telltale's Videlectrix mini-games. So, instead of having one mini-game, you'll get one mini-game and a micro-game!

Or, "Continuously tap this button", in which you will need to tap a certain button continuously in order to win. No time limit, just keep on pressing until you've reached the end or something.

A Micro-Game? then it'd only last five seconds!

WARIOWARE REFRENCES!
  • edited December 2008
    Ugly Bird wrote: »
    game name: RPG

premise: a two minute RPG where the entire goal of the game is to make it to level two AND collect an item (check it out: this is so awesome. You have to look BEHIND something! Brilliant!)

Enemies: just one. He is called THE DOT. It looks like he's only made of one pixel, but if you look closesly you can see that he actually also uses half of another pixel. Brilliant!

That would be an awesome idea, but I don't think the technology needed for a game that awesome will be developed any time soon.
  • edited December 2008
    Oh, I've got a great idea!

Whaddaya Know Haddi-man?

The goal is to navigate Homsar to whatever he needs to be, may it be the letter G, a house or a boat full of trucks. Then, on that boat, you'll need to find the correct answer to the question that is imposed. Or something.

Like, Homsar needs to cross a large sea of something, and you'll have the choice between a white square, a black circle and a brown patch of whatsit. Of course you'll have to pick the white square, since that's actually a sheet from which you can make a sail.
  • edited December 2008
    A game where there's only four buttons, each one causing a different crazy elementally oriented thing to happen, and you can create multiple combinations of them as well as background objects for different effects, and there can be two game modes: 1) A story mode that both introduces and innovates the usage of the events on different objects and 2) a "freestyle'' mode where you can experiment with your events and a wide array of different objects.
  • edited December 2008
    Here are some ideas that I have for some season 2 Videlectrix games.

1. Space West Cowboy: A western style light-gun game that takes place in outer space. It would have Robot Gun Fighters, Alien Indians, & Mutant Space Bank Robbers.

2. Terror-Man 2: Revenge at Hot-Teenagers Camp: A horror game where you play as a Monster called The Terror-Man and the object of the game is to "Terrorize" the Hot-Teenagers at a Camp. This would be a parody of the old 1980's horror movies like Friday the 13th.

3. Zit Poper: A medical game were you play as a small space ship that pops zits & black-heads.
  • edited December 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    Nah, Mark's space shark-jumping game was really cool at the beginning, but it got really lame about halfway through.

How exactly would it be good at one point and bad at another? The Funmachine games don't generally ever have any change in the gameplay apart from getting harder.
  • edited December 2008
    Mabye a game called Driving 101 where your driving in the Gremlin. And there are like ramps in the road to speed you up, bumps to slow you down, artifacts to give you points and stop signs or stop lights at which you have to stop or you will drag the polices attention and if they catch you you lose a life. Also there are weapons that you use to kill people around the street like Strong Sad, Homestar, Marzipan, Coach Z or pretty much anybody who is lame, or a loser to kill them and give you points but if you shoot someone like Strong Mad or The Cheat you lose points and the goal is to collect car parts to improve the Gremlin and when you upgrade it you go to the next level and the backround changes each level. Or a game like Midtown Cowboys where we need to collect items and use them on stuff to make a successful movie.
  • edited December 2008
    And it can be released trackisodically, too! You could have Driving 101, Driving 102, Driving 103 and so on.
  • edited December 2008
    Title: Revenge of Burt the Butler

Premise: You play as Burt the Butler, Super Guy's sidekick, who gets fed up with waiting on him.

Gameplay: You drive a hijacked semi, chasing Super Guy wherever he flies while avoiding other cars, pitfalls and giant robots. You get speed boosts by collecting double rings and progress to the next level by catching up to Super Guy. Every five levels is a boss battle between you and him where you have to avoid energy balls and collect missles to launch at him.
  • edited December 2008
    Title: Board Game: The Video Game

Premise: The official video game version of the popular Boardelectrix board game, Board Game!

Gameplay: Board Game is a two-player board game that, like snakes-and-ladders, depends entirely on chance. Like any self-deserving board-game-to-video-game conversion, Board Game: The Video Game takes all of the work out of playing the game, leaving only those tasks involving choices and skill. Thus, the game requires no player interaction once the game begins. Ironically, it still requires two controllers to be plugged in. Doing anything with either controller during the game will result in the virtual board game being bumped, knocking all the virtual pieces off and causing a premature Game Over to be declared.

Nobody has ever successfully completed a game of Board Game: The Video Game. Just like the real thing!
    edited December 2008
    I found the original quick sketch I made when originally conceiving how the Fun Machine games would be presented:

sharkSurfer.jpg

Maybe I'll make this game in Flash if I ever get some extra time!
  • edited December 2008
    I found the original quick sketch I made when originally conceiving how the Fun Machine games would be presented:

sharkSurfer.jpg

That looks really cool. I hope that game gets in one day.Some how I knew that the scetches would pop up. Anyway thanks for the scetch. Also good drawing of Strong Bad and the fun machine. I bet that game would be the best game on the fun machine.
  • edited December 2008

sharkSurfer.jpg

Awesome! I'm surprised that it didn't make it into the game. Better luck next time!
  • edited December 2008

sharkSurfer.jpg

Looks quite a bit like Gel-Arshie's Pro Fruitboarder in premise, but with a Shark instead of a Fruitboard and a nondescript Pixel Man instead of Gel-Arshie.
  • edited December 2008
    Chuck wrote: »

Don't worry, I got the joke.
  • edited December 2008
    GAME NAME: Marshies Egyptian Boarder!

It would be like Gel-Arshies Pro Fruit boarder, except with marshie surfing on a scroll collecting Egyptian letters!
  • edited December 2008
    game name: coach z killer you drive a big car and try 2 run over coach z
  • edited December 2008
    the cheat5 wrote: »
    game name: coach z killer you drive a big car and try 2 run over coach z
    Sounds kinda like Coach Z talker. Mabye one for Homestar and for Strong Bad you get to kill as Strong Bad
  • edited December 2008
    Game name: WAR! (with "Dinosaurs" expansion pack)

Concept: You control two units simultaniously, a soldier and a tank from a top-down perspective. The game includes only one screen that never changes. It contains a non-descript "water" tile as well as a "the cliff" tile, along with some various other obstacles and terrain. You will have to combat whole armies (three or four units) of enemies all at once! The game features relatively reasonable controls for the soldier and horrifyingly horrendous controls for the tank. Most of the game feels more like a war against the controller than a war against the enemy units.

Controls for the soldier: To go forward, press up on the control pad. To turn to the left or to the right, press left or right on the control pad. To fire, press down on the control pad.

Controls for the tank: This is a little tricky. To go forward, HOLD DOWN the 1 button. To fire, tap the 2 button ONCE and then wait at least a second. To turn to the left, quickly tap the 2 button TWICE. To turn to the right, quickly tap the 1 button TWICE.

Rules: If EITHER of your two units takes ANY damage at all, it Game Over. If either of your units goes too long without seeing some action, it will get bored and kill itself. Enemies will keep coming until you die. You get one point for taking out an enemy tank (which takes two shots from your tank or four shots from your soldier) and half a point for taking out an enemy soldier (which takes one shot from your tank or two shots from your soldier).

Fortunately, enemy AI is pretty dumb. They hardly ever seem to be actually trying to kill you. They also often get their units stuck on the "water" tile or drive them of "the cliff" tile (it doesn't matter what direction they approach this tile from; they still fall DOWN the cliff and die). Unfortunately, you don't get any points for enemies that kill themselves.

Sometimes jars of cash and bottles of ammo will appear on the screen. Collect the jars of cash to make your soldier shoot faster. Collect the bottles of ammo to make your tank move faster.

Also, on very rare occasions dinosaurs will randomly pounce onto the screen and start munching on the closest units. Bribe them with extra jars of cash you might have collected to make them go away.

Anyway, just imagine even TRYING to get both your units to do what you want them to in a game like that, especially when both of them are engaged in combat. Good luck.
  • edited December 2008
    Ugly Bird wrote: »
    Game name: WAR! (with "Dinosaurs" expansion pack)

Concept: You control two units simultaniously, a soldier and a tank from a top-down perspective. The game includes only one screen that never changes. It contains a non-descript "water" tile as well as a "the cliff" tile, along with some various other obstacles and terrain. You will have to combat whole armies (three or four units) of enemies all at once! The game features relatively reasonable controls for the soldier and horrifyingly horrendous controls for the tank. Most of the game feels more like a war against the controller than a war against the enemy units.

Controls for the soldier: To go forward, press up on the control pad. To turn to the left or to the right, press left or right on the control pad. To fire, press down on the control pad.

Controls for the tank: This is a little tricky. To go forward, HOLD DOWN the 1 button. To fire, tap the 2 button ONCE and then wait at least a second. To turn to the left, quickly tap the 2 button TWICE. To turn to the right, quickly tap the 1 button TWICE.

Rules: If EITHER of your two units takes ANY damage at all, it Game Over. If either of your units goes too long without seeing some action, it will get bored and kill itself. Enemies will keep coming until you die. You get one point for taking out an enemy tank (which takes two shots from your tank or four shots from your soldier) and half a point for taking out an enemy soldier (which takes one shot from your tank or two shots from your soldier).

Fortunately, enemy AI is pretty dumb. They hardly ever seem to be actually trying to kill you. They also often get their units stuck on the "water" tile or drive them of "the cliff" tile (it doesn't matter what direction they approach this tile from; they still fall DOWN the cliff and die). Unfortunately, you don't get any points for enemies that kill themselves.

Sometimes jars of cash and bottles of ammo will appear on the screen. Collect the jars of cash to make your soldier shoot faster. Collect the bottles of ammo to make your tank move faster.

Also, on very rare occasions dinosaurs will randomly pounce onto the screen and start munching on the closest units. Bribe them with extra jars of cash you might have collected to make them go away.

Anyway, just imagine even TRYING to get both your units to do what you want them to in a game like that, especially when both of them are engaged in combat. Good luck.

something like this maybe?

picture.php?albumid=203&pictureid=1326

small green dot: soldier
    big green dot: tank
    red dots: enemies

I just did that quickly.
  • edited December 2008
    Name: FPS Dave 61: The final sequel
    Discription: FPS Dave is sick of being the lead carector of his own Video game series. You play Dave and with your trusty Katana and shotgun you're going to take down the company that brought you into this world. Can you survive the onslawt of lawyers, security guards and managers? Well, can you?!
    Rules: 1.Kill anything and everything. 2.Use Z to duck 3.Use A to use your weapon 4.Use C to switch weapons.
  • edited January 2009
    Maybe the second season, if we have one, could have a videlextrix make games for homestar's game Machine, the MoreThanSepiaToned FunMachine.
    It would be HRCPNCA4UG
    Homestar's Really Crazy Point 'n Click Adventure For You Guyz
  • edited January 2009
    strong bad's quest it works like peasnt's quest and if you game over strong bad yells aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you can type stuff like:punch homestar in the gut
  • edited January 2009
    the cheat5 wrote: »
    strong bad's quest it works like peasnt's quest and if you game over strong bad yells aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you can type stuff like:punch homestar in the gut

So, Strong Bad goes all Homsar on you?

And cool! I've always wanted to stick my tongue out at Homestar in the gut!
  • edited January 2009
    How about Night Vision Mode 4 which is like Splinter Cell crossed with Enter the Matrix, or Lord of Armour where you play as an evil overlord/dragon slayer, on a quest to destroy Trogdor and claim the dragon's beefy arm as a trophy. Maybye S.B. could get some new 3D games for the Lappy.
  • edited January 2009
    A 3D game system doesn't sound as outdated as what he already has. Maybe Tank Driverer?
  • edited January 2009
    Here's something good! Human Hunter:The Deer's Revenge! You play as a deer getting revenge on every big game hunter by shooting back at them.
    Here are some weapons:
    Pistol,Machine Gun,Rocket Launcher,Grenade,Grenade Launcher,
    Crossbow,Sniper Rifle,Flamethrower and Mr. Happy.(A gun that automaticly blows humans to bits,with a sad ammo capacity of 3 shots. But hey, it's gotta be fair!)
  • edited January 2009
    I still like Tank Driverer. :p
  • edited January 2009
    Cole Bad wrote: »
    Here's something good! Human Hunter:The Deer's Revenge! You play as a deer getting revenge on every big game hunter by shooting back at them.
    Here are some weapons:
    Pistol,Machine Gun,Rocket Launcher,Grenade,Grenade Launcher,
    Crossbow,Sniper Rifle,Flamethrower and Mr. Happy.(A gun that automaticly blows humans to bits,with a sad ammo capacity of 3 shots. But hey, it's gotta be fair!)

That, um, already kinda happened.

It was called Deer Avenger, and my neighbor got ahold of it when the first one came out.
    Here's a link to the original, from The Way Back Machine.

For all the web 2.0 people out there, wikipedia has an article about it, too.
  • edited January 2009
    so strong bad goes homsar on you?
    i've always wanted to stick my tounge at homestar in the gut
    no you dont stick your tounge at homestar in the gut YOU PUNCH PUNCH P U N C H he does not go homsar he yells because homestar is talking to him
Sign in to comment in this discussion.