EVERYONE APPRECIATION THREAD

Comments

• What score would you give Disgaea 2?

yeah, well...it's a matter of preference. I like my stories dark, too, but I still prefer a game in manga style rather than western style games. Either way, to each their own.

• We should spam replies to extend the page beyond the edge of the observable universe and break physics. For teh lulz.

Giraffehat posted: »

Should we just spam stand-alone, no reply comments to get to page 14?

• A lot of Anime style stuff that is dark actually uses that to it's advantage and juxtaposes a cheery looking exterior with the reality of what is actually happening to the characters.

Music's pretty good, actually. It's just the unrelenting cheeriness and brightness of the art style conflicts heavily with my bitter, cynical misanthropic personality.

• DeceptioDeceptio Banned
    edited April 2014
  • edited April 2014

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8pDntzSwsM

Managed not to break my combo \o\

• Is it just me or doesn't Zero's theme from Megaman x sound very similar to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqVqG2mDV40

Rafoli posted: »

Like this one?

• Alright, I'm down with that. Let's do this!

We should spam replies to extend the page beyond the edge of the observable universe and break physics. For teh lulz.

• Oh. Neat. My anime enthusiast friends only discuss more upbeat anime, so due to them I developed a certain impression of the medium.

A lot of Anime style stuff that is dark actually uses that to it's advantage and juxtaposes a cheery looking exterior with the reality of what is actually happening to the characters.

• I don't know if I want to go through with this. It seems dangerous.

Alright, I'm down with that. Let's do this!

• It's certainly not all like that. I probably personally prefer the more upbeat stuff though myself. Not that there's no place for darker stuff but it tends to make me sad. Which is fine when I'm in the mood but it's not my normally preferred viewing. x3

Oh. Neat. My anime enthusiast friends only discuss more upbeat anime, so due to them I developed a certain impression of the medium.

• My mouse has a super useful feature. If I click a button on the top, the scroll wheel is no longer "locked", so I can just give it a good spin and let it wheel all the way down to the bottom of the page. It still takes approximately 19 days to reach the bottom of this page, but my finger doesn't have to scroll constantly that entire time.

"Day 6. I've been scrolling down for what feels like forever at this point. I don't know how close I am to the bottom of the page. This page

• ASSASSIN'S CREED FTW

I kinda wanna play Doom now. Lucky I got it during the Xmas sale. I was thinking more of these:

• Story: 8/10

Characters: 10/10

Gameplay: 2/10

I love Disgaea's humorous yet also serious storyline and its great characters but I just loathe the gameplay. Not because I am against tactical RPGs, or because the attacks are too flashy, no. I actually like that stuff. What I dislike is th endless grinding you have to do to really be successfull in the game. It ended up in me loading a lvl 1000000 save from the internet and going through the story that way, because I just had no desire to sit hours on that game, grinding every character.

Btw, Disgaea 1 appears to be the best of the series so far, simply because it has Laharl, Etna and Flonne. Those are by far the best protagonists, even though I don't hate the other ones...aside from the ones from Disgaea 4, which was horribly boring in my eyes.

What score would you give Disgaea 2?

• if I "click" with the wheel, it becomes this circle and scrolls the page depending on the position of the cursor. If I point it up, it scrolls up very fast. If I point it down, it does the opposite. It would also work with left and right if there were such directions to scroll.

It's still somewhat annoying, though.

My mouse has a super useful feature. If I click a button on the top, the scroll wheel is no longer "locked", so I can just give it a good sp

• XD

You're one of my BFFsies, but you know you shouldn't make my other BFFsies feel bad. I told you you can tell 'em, but not, like, brag about it or some shit.

• Yeah, maybe just a little. I miss playing Megaman X.

Is it just me or doesn't Zero's theme from Megaman x sound very similar to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqVqG2mDV40

• Yeah, I played that game as a kid and never finished it. I tried summoning the power rangers and stuff, but nothing worked. Also I couldn't understand how 2951954 damage removed only 1/3 of the enemy's HP.

Story: 8/10 Characters: 10/10 Gameplay: 2/10 I love Disgaea's humorous yet also serious storyline and its great characters but I ju

• edited April 2014

Alt text

• we should probably reply less to posts and more to the general thread. The scrolling is such a pain, really.

• XD

"I dunno what you're feeding this thread, but it's TOO DAMN BIG!"

• Oh no. I never got to know her real name, my bestie level is too low compared to this.

• Nightwish, One Ok Rock, Flow, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Within Temptation, Anadel

Azlyn posted: »

Guys, fave bands, GO. Arctic Monkeys, Nirvana, Green Day, Alice In Chains, Florence + The Machine, Offsprings, Three Days Grace, Twenty One Pilots, Beatles, Coldplay, Anadel, The Noisy Freaks. All i can come up with right now.

• I wanted to post this in TWAU Fun Thread, but I couldn't find it :/ I'm making vids on TWAU now.

• The first 3 on SNES were awesome, I still have them and play from time to time. Maybe you could try an emulator?

Yeah, maybe just a little. I miss playing Megaman X.

• It's being heavily rumored so there might be one but most likely for the Xbone not sure. With some stealth elements added and limited ammo he could pull off something fun.

• edited April 2014

I WANTED THIS FOR SO LONG OMG

I AM ENJOYING THIS WAY TOO MUCH

RAPING TEH REPLAY BUTTON

FUCKING HELL, I. CAN'T. STOP. REPAYING. IT.

CHOKING. WITH. LAUGHTER.

FOR REAL LOOK MOM ASKED ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME JUST NOW OMG

XD

POST ALL YOUR VIDS HERE, MOAR TWAU!

I wanted to post this in TWAU Fun Thread, but I couldn't find it I'm making vids on TWAU now.

• Oh, shit, how stupid i am to forget Anadel? My MP3 is full of their songs.

Nightwish, One Ok Rock, Flow, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Within Temptation, Anadel

• DeceptioDeceptio Banned
    edited April 2014

Alt text

I wanted to post this in TWAU Fun Thread, but I couldn't find it I'm making vids on TWAU now.

• lol XD

Oh, shit, how stupid i am to forget Anadel? My MP3 is full of their songs.

• Damn good idea. The last one I played was Megaman X8. It wasn't everyone's favorite, but still.

The first 3 on SNES were awesome, I still have them and play from time to time. Maybe you could try an emulator?

• I've only played the first 3, I Heard x4 was the last decent one. I saw the voice acting for that game though lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA

Don't know if you've played them but if you like the X series you might want to try out the Megaman Zero games as well, they were pretty good.

Damn good idea. The last one I played was Megaman X8. It wasn't everyone's favorite, but still.

• edited April 2014

Just though I'd share this. One day me and JonGon were talking how would Clem look if she wore Nick's hat. And this is the result. It's in the fan art thread as well, but I know many don't go on there these days. So....

Alt text

• Azyln.... It's a 7 second teaser....

I WANTED THIS FOR SO LONG OMG I AM ENJOYING THIS WAY TOO MUCH RAPING TEH REPLAY BUTTON FUCKING HELL, I. CAN'T. STOP. REPAYING. IT.

• AWESOMESAUCE

Just though I'd share this. One day me and JonGon were talking how would Clem look if she wore Nick's hat. And this is the result. It's in the fan art thread as well, but I know many don't go on there these days. So....

• I know that! But i just FRIGGIN' LOVE IT!

Azyln.... It's a 7 second teaser....

• Post all my vids here, you say? Here's my personal favourite.

I WANTED THIS FOR SO LONG OMG I AM ENJOYING THIS WAY TOO MUCH RAPING TEH REPLAY BUTTON FUCKING HELL, I. CAN'T. STOP. REPAYING. IT.

• edited April 2014

One joke.......

I still have a lot of stuff to do, with my recharacterization of most characters, ideas for running jokes, and how to be unpredictable. (That joke may have been gross, but there's no way in hell you saw it coming.

I know that! But i just FRIGGIN' LOVE IT!

• If it ever comes out lol. I would probably get the Xbone just for that, it had the best multiplayer out of the first 3, well first halo only had system link but still.

Alt text

• I've only played the first and the eighth, and they were very cool for me. Also, this voice actor deserves an Oscar just for this, lol

I've only played the first 3, I Heard x4 was the last decent one. I saw the voice acting for that game though lol. http://www.youtube.com

Sign in to comment in this discussion.