How do you think the episodes will be rated?

edited July 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Now that we have all the episode titles, and general plot overview of each. How do you think they will fare?

Here is my prediction of worst to best:

1. Muzzled
2. Fright of the Bumblebees
3. The Last Resort
4. The Bogey Man

Also, how do we add hint tags to our posts?

Comments

• edited March 2009
    The tag you want is
    Anyway, judging by Telltale's previous performance, I'd swap Muzzled and The Last Resort. Telltale has this strange tendency to pick up the quality after the midway point (happened with both Sam & Max seasons; they really hit their stride with Abe Lincoln Must Die!, and while Moai Better Blues was good, it wasn't terribly memorable, and the games got much better halfway through Night of the Raving Dead).
  • edited March 2009
    Except SBCG4AP, Which was at it's worst at its beggining. It's best immediately afterward, and the rest being so-so.

BTW: My SBCG4Ap Prediction before I played:

1.Dangeresque 3
    2.8-Bit is Enough
    3.Homestar Ruiner
    4.Strong Badia the Free
    5.Baddest of the Bands

And, after I played:

1. Strong Badia The Free
    2. Baddest of the Bands
    3. 8 Bit is Enoungh
    4. Dangeresque 3
    5. Homestar Ruiner

Sadface... episode i was most looking forward too was one of the worst.
  • edited June 2009
    I would just like to bump in and update this with (what appears to be) the common thought on how W&G is rated.

(MetaCritc Score)
    Fright of the Bumblebees (76 average critics)
    Last Resort (73 average critics)

Muzzled appears to be doing well in early review, so consider this thread very wrong to this point.
  • edited July 2009
    So, what is the final consensus?
  • edited July 2009
    Sadface... episode i was most looking forward too was one of the worst.

Dangeresque 3 was awesome :(
  • edited July 2009
    I liked all the SBCG4AP episodes but I felt the lack of cohesive story hurt the season. My interested waned as I started going through them, but I still loved the series. Hoping for a Season Two.
  • edited July 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    I liked all the SBCG4AP episodes but I felt the lack of cohesive story hurt the season. My interested waned as I started going through them.

Well, Wallace and Gromit didn't have much in the way of cohesive story either, but it was still great. Mayhaps Strong Bad just isn't your (preferred beverage consumption device) of (insert beverage here)?
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Well, Wallace and Gromit didn't have much in the way of cohesive story either, but it was still great. Mayhaps Strong Bad just isn't your (preferred beverage consumption device) of (insert beverage here)?
    No, I really like Strong Bad. I just think it needs an overarching storyline.
  • edited July 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    No, I really like Strong Bad. I just think it needs an overarching storyline.

I think it's probably better suited to episodic format if episodes don't really have an overarching storyline, though. That way, if one episode sounds good to someone, they don't have to worry about being spoiled on the previous episodes and can jump in and out wherever they want.

Of course, that doesn't matter to me much since if Telltale says "We're making a game" I immediately pre-order it as soon as possible.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.