Is there any reason I shouldn't kill *****?

Every time I replay ep3, it's impossible for me not to kill Dum. Because,

a) He shot two fables and Bigby at the funeral. Threatened Snow's life.

b) They were working for someone who was behind all the murders and bribing.

c) They shot Bigby twice, and second time it was nearly to death(not actually, but they meant it)

Now, killing Dum was 'bringing justice', for the good of fables, wasn't it?

On the first playthrough I killed him because I was angry, but actually on the third play, I wasn't angry I simply thought I had to kill him to prevent any more harms he could inflict.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Why would you keep him alive?

It doesn't matter, the story will be the same, as it has been then same, with, or without him. Your choice of accepting the Tweedle deal, or not accepting the Tweedle deal, at the funeral, still ended in the same outcomes. Saving Lawrence, or Lawrence dying, had no effect on the game. Torturing either Woody, or the Tweedle, had the same outcome, if you did, or didn't. TJ still told you the same information that he will say. Ripping off Grant's arm, or not ripping off Grant's arm, didn't affect anything. Burning, or not Burning, the tree will also undoubtedly be the same. Having Snow White stay behind, or allowing her to come, to the Trip Trap, she still follows you there This game is LINEAR the same story, will be the same story, when played to any actual conclusion. Then an ending % will be given. Ending undoubtedly, on a choice of killing, being killed, or possibly an incarceration. Then an ending animation will follow, changing accordingly.

If your morals aren't to get dirty, may I suggest a different certification, which offers something more then a %
  • The obvious answer would be to show that you're not like them or to show that you've changed. Plus, if you tell Holly you care about every fable (bar scene) and then kill him, it kinda makes you look like a hypocrite.
  • Killing him IS a act of justice. Its nothing you need to regret. He was a bloody bastard and deserved the death. Now his brother knows: Dont mess with the BIG BAD WOLF!
  • It`s true, we have the right to kill him but that doesn`t mean we have to. I think they will be scared of Bigby even is you spare Dum.
  • edited May 2014
    Killing pixel's is much more fun when they can get killed. It is not an act of justice, because the same thing will happen, regardless. The Wolf already has a reputation, so what does it matter?

If there was the Dum award, maybe acquiring the coveted Tweedle trophy later in the form of a %. Although in reality it should have made killing his other twin just a little bit hard, next round, in a much longer fight where they both get KO'ed HAHAHAHA
  • edited May 2014
    I really wouldn't mind killing him in the heat of the moment if I was either protecting myself or someone else . But since you have completely disarmed him and is unable to cause any more problems at that moment , I doubt we are talking about self defence . In my opinion , killing is never an act of justice . It is understandable/forgivable on some occasions where you have no other choice , or the other choice involves danger of losing your life . But I would never call killing an act of justice . Tweedle Dum is a piece of shit , allright , he commited crime , by blackmailing , by hiding facts from legal authorities , by using any kind of violence against any kind of people with no regret , etc , etc . However , killing him is not the good thing no matter what he did . At least thats what I believe ethically .

From a whole different prespective (pragmatism), I believe (again) its also wrong to kill tweedle dum . He has commited so many crimes in front of so many witnesses , that there is really no way he will get away with it . His punishment may be worse than death . Your job is to arrest people , no to viciously murder anyone who stands against you . The tweedles are thugs , they listen to orders . Bigby on the other hand used to be a monster who devoured thousands and thousands just to become more monsterous. In a way , Bigby is more evil that the tweedles . But we all hate it when Fabletown's residents give shit to Bigby due to his past , because he truly (at least in comics) changed and I doubt this is a fact only appliable to fiction . People all over the years commited terrible deeds but some truly regreted them and did good. People , if not given a second chance , at least deserve not to have their lives taken like that . In a dark alley with their throat ripped apart .

Having said that , I will make sure in Ep4 and Ep5 , tweedles pay dearly for what they did , but on other conditions
  • edited May 2014
    I feel like this whole thing is more than the Tweedles brothers. They're just getting paid to do this shit.
    The ones you should put your focus on is that fucking bloody mary and the crooked man and whoever more is with.

They wanted you to kill Dum, they wanted you to became bad. That's why she waited to shot you until after your decision.

(Maybe the Tweedle brothers change their mind about you after this decision. Could happen, but probably not)
  • Selfishly no.. The Tweedles are not ethical or moral how they handle their business and are pieces of crap. Dum sucker punches you in the face, Dee does not help out an injured or dying fable & just goes through his stuff, & both shoot at unarmed fables. So they deserve to die. But if we are talking perception, they should not die. Its not always what happens, but how it happens. The fact that Bigby lost his temper, beat on them and viciously sliced Dum's carotid artery is not going to make other fables be confident in him as sheriff. He'll be seen as dangerous as the Tweedles were and that's not what anyone wants.
  • edited May 2014
    Yes, the two of them could probably be Bigby's inside men! Such as if they steal something of the Crooked Man's, thus giving it to Bigby! Or something similar.

I feel like this whole thing is more than the Tweedles brothers. They're just getting paid to do this shit. The ones you should put your

• I couldn't bring myself to spare him either. I actually went back and replayed the final scene with the intention of changing my choice, but when it came down to it I just ended up doing the same thing lol.

As a rule I try not to allow myself to change my decisions anyway.
  • Because it wasn't a kill or die situation. If you can clearly beat him without killing him, then don't kill. Kill only when you have to.
  • edited May 2014
    They could have shot Snow or Crane. Plus they could still give your more trouble down the line.
    HERO_1000 posted: »

Because it wasn't a kill or die situation. If you can clearly beat him without killing him, then don't kill. Kill only when you have to.

• Yeah. You're right.
  • Basically, if you want your Bigby to be a really, really, really nice guy, spare him. If not, kill´im.
  • edited May 2014
    Nonsense,Twins are physically linked. Killing one, would mean revenge until death, just the way they work. Letting them both go will see the same fight down the road because they will now probably be on guard duty. They won't run away, in fright, oooh the big bad wolf. Gimme the good stuff the silver pellets. Who knows?

Ethic's don't have anything to do with a computer game at all. Violence and computer games, studies go both ways, but I think you find you are more likely to be a serial killer from being any Flanders.

Yes, the two of them could probably be Bigby's inside men! Such as if they steal something of the Crooked Man's, thus giving it to Bigby! Or something similar.

• edited May 2014
    wait a minute, Dum could've shot Snow or Crane?....right there when his neck was in your hand and shotgunless? O_o

The more trouble down the line is just the "easy way out" argument. Batman and Superman almost never killed even their biggest rivals, even with knowledge that those very villains they threw into prison would come back with more, and neither should Bigby.
    Belan posted: »

They could have shot Snow or Crane. Plus they could still give your more trouble down the line.

• edited May 2014
    Just a thought, I suppose. For whatever reason, deep inside, I still think that they'll help Biggs after you spare him. But yeah, that seems highly unlikely from what we're given to work with so far.
    Bobit posted: »

Nonsense,Twins are physically linked. Killing one, would mean revenge until death, just the way they work. Letting them both go will see the

• Yes. His brother. And Bigby's rehabilitation. Killing Dum is the wrong call, in my opinion. It's called impulsiveness. If you think things through, you have more reasons to spare him than to kill him.
  • edited May 2014
    It is nice to wish in the ever after, happily. Though unfortunately that pair are incorrigible much like Bigby's reputation. We are provided with the choices of bad, good, in between, or nothing.

It would be nicer to see different results from specific outcomes. Choices and items to have an intended usefulness, or different events to happen. Rather then the same results, items, with or without. Results mostly happen the same way. New events haven't happened or in many different ways from our given options. Characters still say the same things mostly, with ever the slightest of differences, regardless of what has been said to them. We do have some multiple choices to generate more playability, but they aren't of too much significance to the game's story. Not a complaint just Moar, when it is this Linear.

I mentioned them being Twins who by nature are inseparable. The other would obviously seek revenge, Moar silver. They work for the Crooked Man, who at this point is considering, protection or justice. He left Bigby alone, obviously, he intends justice. Bigby will undoubtedly pursue him regardless. Because why, have his character at all in the game. Hence another meeting with an angrier Tweedle, who will act in the same way after being beaten to a pulp or dead. Because unlike their other encounters, he now has something more to prove. Who knows though? They might just proclaim Bigby the god of wolves, sit him on a wolf throne, the end.

There is a saying from Freud or some similar psychiatrist, "watch the monster, understand the monster, don't become the monster". What does it mean. Well you have more empathy knowing what that monster could become, then just locking it away. This is just a video game though, a game that doesn't change much from any choices made, based within it's adult themes.

Just a thought, I suppose. For whatever reason, deep inside, I still think that they'll help Biggs after you spare him. But yeah, that seems highly unlikely from what we're given to work with so far.

• edited May 2014
    Obliviously not while you're holding him. I'm talking about when you put him back down on the ground. Dee also could have recovered from getting thrown by that point. There wasn't really a good reason to believe that the danger was completely over at the point that you have the decision to kill Dum or not.

The logic in your 2nd paragraph doesn't really make sense. If you're knowingly letting criminals off the hook and they're continuing to put people in danger, then you're doing a terrible job.

Bringing up Superman/Batman doesn't make sense. The universes don't work the same. They spared their enemies so DC comics could keep reusing their popular villains..

wait a minute, Dum could've shot Snow or Crane?....right there when his neck was in your hand and shotgunless? O_o The more trouble

• That's why villains in DC or Marvel comics never die and come back hurting innocent people. Bigby should stop that pattern.

wait a minute, Dum could've shot Snow or Crane?....right there when his neck was in your hand and shotgunless? O_o The more trouble

• The two guys are shooting you in an alley way, they have clearly chosen to be horrible people, breaking into toads apartment, using dead women to gain advantages on other people etc.. On top of that if you are role playing as bigby in the slightest, they could turn their weapons on snow at any moment as they had previously suggested they would at the funeral that they barged in on and shot three people. It doesn't matter what happens to these scum, but in the heat of the moment, rip out his throat, it's for the greater good

• I killed him. He and Dee brought this on themselves

• edited April 2016

It shows you're a pussy, according to Bloody Mary. So I killed his ass.

EDIT: I said according to Bloody Mary, not according to me.

• edited April 2016

It makes you look bad in front of Fable town, but yet nearly everything seems to lmaooo.

edit: it t'was a few minutes later lottii realized this thread is almost 2 years old

• Nope! He's a piece of shit it and just makes things slightly more retarded later on. The scene where you kill him is intense!!!!

• edited April 2016

[REDACTED]

Azlyn posted: »

Yes. His brother. And Bigby's rehabilitation. Killing Dum is the wrong call, in my opinion. It's called impulsiveness. If you think things through, you have more reasons to spare him than to kill him.

• Still. Bigby just started so he should be optimistic.

Like in the comics he hasn't seen any patterns yet. So it doesn't make sense for him to kill unless he loses control.

whereisLee posted: »

That's why villains in DC or Marvel comics never die and come back hurting innocent people. Bigby should stop that pattern.

• edited April 2016

I'd just like to point out that Bigby's canon philosophy on preventing escalation of violence is to always strike back ten times as hard as the aggressor, that treason is punishable by death in Fabletown, that you can never trust a fable to stay down, and that Bigby's job and purpose for being there at all is to scare the others straight.

The only reason not to kill Dum would be to "prove" that Bigby has "changed", an ambition which is so far out-of-character for him as to be laughable and which he never confirms to be trying to accomplish even in the game, much less at the expense of putting Snow in an iota more danger than she has to be.

• Your other comment on this page was made about a month after you signed up and you, a unregular logging inner, happened to stumble across this bumped thread and make a comment near your old one. Are you some kind of wormhole?

Off_Ground posted: »

I'd just like to point out that Bigby's canon philosophy on preventing escalation of violence is to always strike back ten times as hard as

• I'm sure you tried your best, but I haven't the slightest idea what that comment is supposed to mean.

Your other comment on this page was made about a month after you signed up and you, a unregular logging inner, happened to stumble across this bumped thread and make a comment near your old one. Are you some kind of wormhole?

• Well it's a moral high ground at the end of the day.

Bigby killing Dum feels like the right thing to do because yes, he is a shithead and up to this point he has made the player angry. But at the same time, remember what Bigby used to be and how some Fables still view him.

In the end it probably wouldn't matter at all. Bigby can use the law of Fabletown to his advantage and get out of it with a pathetic warning. Or he can let the scum live and remind him of who he used to be, and how close Dum was to meeting the true Big Bad Wolf of legend.

• Well, I killed Dum in my canon playthrough, but I totally agree with this.

HazzatheMan posted: »

Well it's a moral high ground at the end of the day. Bigby killing Dum feels like the right thing to do because yes, he is a shithead and

• I let him live for the sake of 'Bigby has changed' :P

Well, I killed Dum in my canon playthrough, but I totally agree with this.

• edited April 2016

Uhm i actually killed him because i thought maybe he would appear again and might ruin things in my investigation, and it did, when u kill him and go meet the Crooked man in his lair, you'll find all of the people who work for him (who hate u) so u have to fighting them, if he was there it would take longer to fight them

• Gosh, it's been a while since I played this.

The thing is, regardless of whether player's Bigby kills Dum or not, Bigby does get told off by Snow anyway in his apartment (from what I remember, if Bigby didn't kill Dum, he gets told off for changing into his werewolf form).

In my first playthrough, I tried the "Mr. Nice Guy approach" and tried to be as nice as possible. On my second playthrough, I tried the "Terror of the Big Bad Wolf." approach, and did every "bad"/"cruel" decision possible.

Thirdly, as my canon playthrough, I tried "Bigby, the anti-hero" approach. This way involved Bigby trying to follow Snow's ways/agreeing with her pretty much majority of time, but not restraining himself too much for her sake (to the point that he ends up being too good to be true to his comic book character traits). For example:

My canon-Bigby;

• Didn't torture Dee.
    • Tried to be as nice to Toad Jr as possible.
    • Agreed with pretty much all of Snow's decisions
    • Killed Dum
    • Brought the Crooked Man to trial (but killed the B@$t@rd when he tried to kill me)

Well it's a moral high ground at the end of the day. Bigby killing Dum feels like the right thing to do because yes, he is a shithead and

• I agree with your points but I don't think that Fables Bigby would have killed Tweedle Dum... Bigby in Fables is so calm and reserved most of the time that he doesn't really resemble his TWAU counterpart except when he's being pissed off by people not wanting to cooperate.

In Fables, Bigby is depicted as being a respected (albeit still feared somewhat) Sheriff who gets things done efficiently and argues with Snow a lot due to her attitude. In TWAU it seems like everyone is out to test the waters and push his buttons for no real reason!

My Bigby didn't kill anyone when given the choice, but he did make threats when he himself was threatened. I also tried to be as calm and friendly as possible.

Bigby isn't everybody's friend in Fables, but he TRIES to be respected amongst the community...

CoolGuyJ posted: »

Gosh, it's been a while since I played this. The thing is, regardless of whether player's Bigby kills Dum or not, Bigby does get told off

• But the thing is, he did kill Crane (with Cindy's help) in Paris, when Crane betrayed Fabletown (and that is set after TWAU). And that wasn't even something really personal, he just felt it was necessary (of course, if Snow was there, she probably would have told him to bring Crane back for trial).

Of course, while Snow was present when Bigby was fighting Dee and Dum, she didn't restrain Bigby in any way (probably due to shock), and player's Bigby has a choice to make.
    And while it was somewhat personal for Bigby - he was being kicked in, shot at by these two for almost every Episode since meeting them, I think part of my canon Bigby just wanted to end the threat (for good, without the risk of them causing further trouble again, by letting them live, which is in line with what he does with Crane later in Paris).

He probably would have killed the Crooked Man again if he didn't hear Snow's plead to bring him to trial (despite what everyone would have said if he did, but Snow's opinion was probably the one that mattered most). But then again, when Crooked Man tried to strangle my canon Bigby (when he first tried to lock him up), my Bigby threw him down the witching well, so (and I heard no complaints about it from Snow and Greenleaf or anyone else for that matter, since it was justified)

I agree with your points but I don't think that Fables Bigby would have killed Tweedle Dum... Bigby in Fables is so calm and reserved most o

• I killed him and nobody seemed to care. He shows us no mercy so why show him?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.