Hey!

David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
edited June 2009 in Tales of Monkey Island
So yeah, we're making some new Monkey Island games. What do you think about that?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    where's ron gilbert ?
  • edited June 2009
    He's involved in this SOMI remake, so he should be here as well... I wasn't expecting this at all, can't wait for it now. Will it go before of after Season 3?
  • edited June 2009
    Why is Telltale wasting their time with this when they could be making Monkey Island gam--

:O
  • edited June 2009
    Omg I'd never thought we'd see this. I mean, it makes perfect business sense, but LucasArts hasn't made this much sense in a long time.
  • edited June 2009
    I-I love you...
  • edited June 2009
    Holy **** the first episode is out NEXT MONTH

http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland

Friggin preordered as soon as I get the money in the card, but the banks are closed :_(
  • edited June 2009
    isn't he doing that death spank game as well ?
    no gilbert - no monkeys, at least imo. I love Sam&Max, I kinda like but not love Wallace&Gromit(so far) but I dare telltale games to come up with something better or in the league of the pirate dialogues featured in SOMI (especially the insult duel). I just don't think any studio on this earth would cut it at this time. the days of monkey island or DayOfTheTentacle are gone. I hope it's a 2D game !!!! please, telltale, 3D works for the clayanimation characters of W&G, but I don't think S&M in 3D did gain much.
  • edited June 2009
    I already have this preordered. Even though I am a big fan of telltale I can't thank you guys enough for bringing back one of my favorite gaming series.
  • edited June 2009
    Telltale.

No words.

Have my money.

Have my babies.

Dear God.
  • edited June 2009
    OMG...did I just die and gone to heaven?

Telltale, you guys are spoiling us: first Sam & Max, now Monkey Island?! Now we are gonna expect you guys to make all the rest of the awesome LucasArts adventure games!

Just Kidding...well sorta :-p
  • edited June 2009
    David E wrote: »
    So yeah, we're making some new Monkey Island games. What do you think about that?

Eh, I guess that's okay. I mean, my insides are only about to explode in spectacular fashion from an ungodly combo of immense Squee! and Glee!, so it must be all right with me. *shrug*

Seriously, though: Eeeeee! And a "HELL YES!" thrown in for good measure. <3<3<3
  • edited June 2009
    YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING.

Oh my god I had a feeling you had a huge ace up your sleeve after Strong Bad and Wallace and Gromit but this is just oh my god WOW. I can't stop GRINNING.

I'm so happy Dominic Armato is involved in this and the Secret remake, too! Curse was my first Monkey Island game, so Armato IS Guybrush to me. It was so cool hearing him do the voice again! What a nostalgia bomb!
  • edited June 2009
    :eek:
    You should have seen my chin became as wide open as a crocodile chin!
    WOW! WOW! WOW!
    I'm just..too shocked...Lucas Arts are becoming sane again :D
    and ... Ron Gilbert is involved and ...
    Hey Wait a 2nd!This means our poor project dies?
    Why you :mad: I mean .... I NEVER FELT BOTH HAPPY AND ANGRY AT THE SAME TIME....
    I now feel my life is totally wasted...I put my energy to cast auditioners with lots of other cool people in our project and now ...:mad:
    We put lots of effort in it ... we are even near casting hollywood people like Patrick Warburton as Meathook ... we are waiting for his response and now...
    I did lots of art for this...I made a letter template ...
    We were doing great and this ... this was the best and worst news I heard in my life at the same time!..:mad:

Man, I'm going to drink some water now
  • edited June 2009
    I am so excited it is beyond belief. This is amazing This is just absolutely AMAZING. Telltale, you are officially the best games company out there. Pre-ordered before even looking at anything properly. I'm pretty much speechless.
  • IcyIcy
    edited June 2009
    Pull me backwards out of the birdcage...
    "Dra meg baklengs ut av fuglekassa"

Wow, I can't believe it. I'm gobsmacked.
  • edited June 2009
    Dominic Armato and Michael Land on board as well?! Brilliant :D
  • edited June 2009
    My prayers have been answered.... 5 times over!!!
    I could not have wanted anything better, I was expecting something good from E3, but nothing like this.

This cannot be anything but champion!
  • edited June 2009
    Gamespot reports that the game is coming on WiiWare, I kind of fear that at least one of the episodes will have trouble fitting into the size limits for WiiWare games.

But it doesnt matter, you guys are the kings for this stuff as far as I'm concerned.
  • edited June 2009
    Just a thought... could this see the return of LOOM aswell? How I'd want to see Bobin Threadbare return too... though that will probably never happen.
  • SkySky
    edited June 2009
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Telltale.

No words.

Have my money.

Have my babies.

Dear God.

I will be sacrificing my first born to Max after this news. (Then again I'd do that even before this event. All hail Max)
  • edited June 2009
    Best news EVER! I've preordered te game!

Wow! Thanks Telltale, you are the best!!!
  • edited June 2009
    So psyched.
  • edited June 2009
    Fantastic news been a huge fan all my life, you've no idea how happy I am to see Monkey Island back.
  • edited June 2009
    I loved you when you brought back Sam & Max but now you've gone and brought back my favourite series of all time! I'm not sure there sufficient adjectives that will describe my new found levels of loveness(?) for you :)

Michael Land and Dominic Armato doing voices too? It's like a lifetime of Christmas' and Birthdays rolled into one tasty lump of gaming perfection. Thanks guys! :D
  • edited June 2009
    Already preordered...
    I guess you guys currently must be drowning in preorders...
    I hope Grim Fandango is next ;-)
  • edited June 2009
    2 down 1 (((atleast))) to go :) come on Day of the Tentacle! :D

Sure is amazing with Sam & Max and now Monkey Island!
  • edited June 2009
    When I first read the news I was shocked! But also a little sad because I am sure this new game is not going to be as "wow" as the first ones (after all is the 5th episode in the saga). I just hope you guys are going to do a great job (especially in the plot that should not be too childish).
    What about developing your own brand? You have the people that can do that! I am thinking about a more "serious" game (like Full Throttle or The Dig) which involves more adults theme (but comedy as well).
    By the way, congrats guys (and girls)! Greetings from an Italian fan!
    Ciao!
  • edited June 2009
    See, it's things like this that make me think that Telltale is the best thing to happen to gaming in quite a long time. I didn't think I could be more excited after hearing about the revival of Sam and Max, then Strong Bad comes out, and now Monkey Island, easily one of my favorite franchises of all time. I...I'm going to go replay the first four games while I scrounge up the money for a preorder.
  • edited June 2009
    After 9 years of waiting this is really a big surprise, thank you very very much guys.
  • edited June 2009
    Hah, I knew Guybrush had a 5-game contract!

Hey, maybe for your next miraculous trick, you guys could do some indy games, and rope in Hal Barwood & Doug Lee. ^_^
  • edited June 2009
    Wow. Thanks Telltalegames..Just take my money..All of it! *Toss* This is a real blessing of Monkey Island goodness. :)
  • edited June 2009
    Now we are gonna expect you guys to make all the rest of the awesome LucasArts adventure games!
    could this see the return of LOOM aswell?
    I hope Grim Fandango is next ;-)
    2 down 1 (((atleast))) to go come on Day of the Tentacle!
    Hey, maybe for your next miraculous trick, you guys could do some indy games, and rope in Hal Barwood & Doug Lee. ^_^

Jeez, TMI was only announced a couple of hours ago, people.
  • edited June 2009
    Now you've done it... all of those people who constantly posted "omg can j00 maek monkeh eyelend nao???" are going to think you made it out of pressure, and they'll be back in no time to endlessly beg for something else. :p

Incidentally... omg can j00 maek neverhood nao??? (kidding)

As always, I highly anticipate this, even though I was never a fan of MI. I trust TT to make it worth my dollars :D
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Bagge wrote: »

haha seriously
  • edited June 2009
    To be honest, as a big fan of Monkey Island 2: LeCuck's Revenge I'm rather disappointed with the presentation. It's the same gripe I have with the Sam & Max "interpretation" by Telltale.

Sam & Max and Monkey Island 2 by LucasArts had these really nice hand-drawn backgrounds and character designs by Steve Purcell which I really fell in love with (look at the MI2 cover design *inlove*). But I never quite liked the visual style by Telltale.

These steril and crude 3D designs (nothing against 3D graphics per se) in comparison look like sh... - well, I just don't like them. They lack detail, they lack style, they lack beauty.

If the scripts of the new Monkey Island Tales are decent I may get over it. But I have that bad feeling, that if not the content, then the bad voice recording quality (distorted/hissing) known from other Telltale productions will kill these games for me anyways.

:(
  • edited June 2009
    Bagge wrote: »

Hey, we're greedy grog-swilling scum, what do you expect. ;P
  • edited June 2009
    HOLY CRAP!!!

Telltale, how do you keep doing these kind of things?

AND YOU GOT DOMINIC ARMATO TOO?!?

You guys are awesomeness incarnate!

Also, welcome back to the world of cool people, LucasArts! We missed you.

(Is Earl Boen coming back as LeChuck? If not, well, we can't have everything.)
  • edited June 2009
    You know what? E3 is over. Once you hear the words "Monkey Island" you dont need to see anything else. No rinky dink motion controls or gritty shooters for me. Set a course for Monkey Island, see?
  • edited June 2009
    NickTTG wrote: »
    haha seriously
    And to think you've been keeping the news from us for, what, months?

SHAME ON YOU! :p

np: Tosca - Elektra Bregenz (No Hassle (Disc 1))
  • edited June 2009
    I'm in total shock. I can't believe it :eek::eek::eek:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.