Which Have You Played?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    LeChuck's Revenge is easily my favourite Monkey Island game, with MI1 on a comfortable second place. CMI was great up until the point when you leave Blood Island. After that it feels rushed and out of place. And the less said about EMI, the better.
  • edited June 2009
    I played all of them uncountable times. Except for EMI. I really could not start it again to replay it with that controls.
  • edited June 2009
    Played all of them upon numerous occasions. I have only played Escape twice though. I really could not get over the dismal visuals.
  • edited June 2009
    Played them all. First two on Amiga (MI2 was on 11 disks!!! And you had to swap them all the time... :eek:) Last two on PC.

Great to see the Monkey Island series come back again. Big thanks to Telltale for that!!! :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    I too have played them all, back when they were on a million floppy discs.

My favourite is still the The Secret of Monkey Island. It's my all time favourite game actually.
  • edited June 2009
    All of them sadly. Escape from monkey island was a painful experience indeed.

I played monkey island back when there was text for inventory items instead of pictures. *feels old*

I too enjoyed the first monkey island game when there was text for inventory items. I'm 26 and I have no idea how old the game was when my cousin told me to play it. I should call her and tell her about this.

I made it to the monkey kombat in Escape and had to quit for a few years, but I recently played Escape again but with a controller hooked up to my computer and it was a very enjoyable experience. If you didn't like the keyboard set up, you should try it with a gamepad.
  • edited June 2009
    Every game played, in the right order! :D
  • edited June 2009
    Escape was ok, but incredibly buggy, I found.
  • edited June 2009
    Played all of them and still do once a year (except for MI4 which I only played through once).

Curse Of Monkey Island is my favorite, the first two games are brilliant too though.
  • edited June 2009
    Think it is time for a MI game marathon. Just finished reinstalling the four games. :)
  • edited June 2009
    Eduardo wrote: »
    Think it is time for a MI game marathon. Just finished reinstalling the four games. :)
    Good call.
  • edited June 2009
    I've only played the last 2, out of them I preferred The Curse of Monkey Island for its undeniable charm. Couldn't play the first 2 by the time I got interested in it as the graphics looked incredibly dated and I can't stand awful sound quality

The remake for the first game was extremely good news! As was the Telltale bonus
  • edited June 2009
    I have played all four of them, didn't play the first 2 on the Amiga though, I got the dos version... MI1 is what started my obsession with adventure games :p
  • edited June 2009
    Don't forget to install ScummVM as well, as I'm not quite sure how well the DOS versions are going to run otherwise... :)

np: Tosca - Rosa (No Hassle (Disc 2))
  • edited June 2009
    Using the latest (stable) ScummVM version, of course. :)
  • edited June 2009
    I'm starting a marathon as well. All on my Wii....well except for MI4. I wish Residual had proper support for Grim Fandango and MI4 and was already ported to the Wii.
  • edited June 2009

What a fantastic idea! I have the first three and scummVM installed on my computer continuously just in case I want to play one.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.