Wallpaper?

Any Monkey wallpaper heading our way soon?

On a side note, I guess the SOMI:SE kills the SOMI Speech project. Oh well!
I (also) wonder how TOMI will effect Autumn Moon's Ghost Pirates game too.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    We will get you some family style wallpapes, and other goodies, in good time! I think we have one laying around somewhere...
  • edited June 2009
    Wallpaper, yes please!

And maybe some posters to buy, art prints? large murals? I will buy them all!
  • NMJNMJ
    edited June 2009
    Me too!
  • edited June 2009
    Some signed artwork would be nice, if it looks good I would buy it
    edited June 2009
    Here's the wallpaper that we're using on our demo machine at E3. Enjoy!
  • edited June 2009
    Niiiiiiice.
  • edited June 2009
    thanks. Looks great
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »

Awesome Jake, thanks. I've set it right away.
  • edited June 2009
    Now that I set it: Guybrush looks very strange on my 4:3 Monitor because he got stretched.:D
  • edited June 2009
    awesome, thanks for the wallpaper!! excited for the new Monkey Island, just learned about it today and placed my pre-order
  • edited June 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Now that I set it: Guybrush looks very strange on my 4:3 Monitor because he got stretched.:D

My poor old monitor has such a low resolution that I resized it for myself to tiny4x3 http://up.ppy.sh/files/guybrush.png
    edited June 2009
    (Also, for what its worth, that's lit in-engine by the renderer we use for the game itself... so if anyone thinks the lighting there looks nicer than their least favorite screenshot, remember that the lighting in those shots isn't yet final, and hopefully that will brighten your day :) )
  • edited June 2009
    I'm quite satisfied with this wallpaper (aptly cut&resized, of course..).
  • edited June 2009
    I really want a LeChuck wallpaper similar in style to that Guybrush one. I really love LeChuck's look in Tales of Monkey Island.
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush looks fantastic! Thanks Jake
  • edited June 2009
    There are even more in the private area, if you don't mind pre-ordering.
  • edited June 2009
    Arrgh I hate private area's in forums. That being said, I do plan to pre-order this before July, just not yet though. Gotta save the monies!
  • edited June 2009
    I've got to say, I like the wallpaper Jake posted here better than the one in the private forum. I'm too excited about TMI, and not sure what to do with myself until July. Did anyone else notice it's Tales of Monkey Island from Tell"TALE"? :D
  • edited June 2009

Wow, Thanks, made an awesome mousepad of it :D

2q2rgxf.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Haha wow that was a quick turnaround! Looks great, too.

Less than 48 hours out and we've already got bootleg merchandise goin on. Excellent.
  • edited June 2009
    Hahahaha, well, as long as I don't offend anyone.

Oh, and I wouldn't call it merchandise cause it ain't for sale :)
  • edited June 2009

Really excellent! Thanks Jake, already applied it.
  • edited June 2009
    (Also, for what its worth, that's lit in-engine by the renderer we use for the game itself... so if anyone thinks the lighting there looks nicer than their least favorite screenshot, remember that the lighting in those shots isn't yet final, and hopefully that will brighten your day :) )

:O9

Ahh now this looks a lot better, although i have to confess that from the art it's too much of a 3d put into a typical flash gradient scene but hey it's a wallpaper only. Look mum, i got a candle!
  • edited June 2009

Awesome, my new wallpaper.
  • edited June 2009
    Awesome, my new wallpaper.

but I thought Guybrush looks ugly?
  • edited June 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    but I thought Guybrush looks ugly?

No way, I love the new look.
    I think you misunderstood me, I just said that some more polygons to smooth up would make things better. But I LOVE the new Guybrush.
  • edited June 2009
    Zomantic wrote: »
    I'm quite satisfied with this wallpaper (aptly cut&resized, of course..).

You mean like this? :D

MonkeyIsland_6-1.jpg

I made that for myself and figured I'd post it for anyone who doesn't have the free time/inclination to crop it themselves. Due credit to http://www.leehansen.com/index.html for the skull design.
  • edited June 2009
    cool, nice wallpaper
  • edited June 2009
    Less than 48 hours out and we've already got bootleg merchandise goin on. Excellent.

this made me lol
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    My poor old monitor has such a low resolution that I resized it for myself to tiny4x3 http://up.ppy.sh/files/guybrush.png

Thanks man.
  • edited June 2009
    I did up this little number this morning, using some of the official artwork from the VIP site.

http://www.squishydreams.com/images/MI_wallpaper.jpg

http://www.squishydreams.com/images/MI_wallpaper2.jpg << moved some logos at the bottom so they'll appear on a good number of monitor sizes.

Sweet layouts! :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    I did up this little number this morning, using some of the official artwork from the VIP site.

http://www.squishydreams.com/images/MI_wallpaper.jpg

http://www.squishydreams.com/images/MI_wallpaper2.jpg << moved some logos at the bottom so they'll appear on a good number of monitor sizes.

Sweet layouts! :cool:

Those are very nice wallpapers, and the artwork is amazing. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • edited June 2009
    Does anyone have that Telltale family photo in wallpaper sizes?
  • TimTim
    edited June 2009
    Sorry to resurrect this thread out of the land of the talking-skulls, but I figured I'd throw this wallpaper in here. I got so insanely bored on my daily trip home from work (Train ride; nearly 2 hours) that I started working on a wallpaper.

This one features a golden/orange ('original' if you must) logo, Monkey Island (from CoMI) in the back and LeChuck basically pulling Guybrush's ear.

See the attachment for the preview. (Edit: Jesus, that is awful, please look at the proper one directly)

Download the high (not so much ._.) quality version (1280x800) here!

Feel free to download (go easy on my server please though), request a green logo, or whatever you feel like. Enjoy :)
  • TimTim
    edited June 2009
    *GASP*

No comments? At all?

Someone must have some ideas for other wallpapers to make! Come on ye swashbucklin' piratey fans!
  • edited June 2009
    Wish there were more assets to make wallpapers for Tales but I'll see what I can come up with on Monday. Too busy over the weekend.

Yours is pretty good, I like the logo. But I don't like LeChucks hand around Guybrush. Doesn't look right.
  • edited July 2009
    Maybe I'll see what I can do... I already did some fanart of the game. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.