Voice Overs

Hey,

I'm sure this question has been addressed before, but I was just curious...

As a huge fan of voice over, I'm incredibly glad to be hearing Dominic Armato as Guybrush again... But I was just curious if/when we'd be hearing any information on other returning cast members, such as Elaine, the Voodoo Lady and (most importantly to me) LeChuck...

Does anybody have any idea?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Well, for whatever reason, Earl Boen reprises LeChuck on SMI SE but not on TMI. Sob. Maybe at least we'll get Leilani Jones back as the Voodoo Lady. Elaine is the Elaine from CMI, not EMI.
  • edited June 2009
    Haven't you guys watched the trailer? LeChuck isn't the same, but they do show the Voodoo Lady, and it's the same voice actress from CMI and EMI.
  • edited June 2009
    I missed that somehow. Yay!!
  • edited June 2009
    God i hate Lechucks new voice

And his Beard...
  • edited June 2009
    KB57 wrote: »
    Well, for whatever reason, Earl Boen reprises LeChuck on SMI SE but not on TMI.

he's semi-retired, and does a limited amount of acting. also he lives on Hawaii.
  • edited June 2009
    Shiversul wrote: »
    God i hate Lechucks new voice

Considering you've only heard a single sentence of dialogue, don't you think that's a bit premature?
  • edited June 2009
    Hows it premature?
    Im basing my opinions of of what i have seen, not what COULD be

Im open to change my mind after i play the game
    but from what i have heard I HATE THAT VOICE

:P
  • edited June 2009
    Many people on these forums were a little dubious (and I'm sure some probably said "hate") about other voice casting decisions in Telltale's games - Sam and Max were going to be played by different voice actors than Hit the Road and the Animated Series, and Wallace was not going to be Peter Sallis who had done the voice for all of the claymation animations.

But give them a chance - Now I wouldn't imagine Sam and Max with any other voices (and heck, they even had to change Max voice actors after 101) and I think the "Peter Sallis-backup" voice for Wallace is almost perfect and nails it 99.99999% of the time.

So it's amazing you can be so sure you hate it from a single sentence, but it's good to hear you're open to changing your mind after playing the game. I hope you do change your mind, because a single voice is a somewhat tiny reason to hate the game before anyone's had a chance to play it.
  • edited June 2009
    Things change.

I am not worried about the voices , anyone working with Dominic Armato and the voice actor of Elaine from CMI is grade A quality and if it doesn't sound the same I am sure that it will sound talented and provoke humor in its own way . Disrespecting the talent that is Dominic is working with is just as bad as disrespecting him and his own professional status .

They wouldn't cast inferior talents to work with such talented voice actors.
  • edited June 2009
    doodo! wrote: »
    They wouldn't cast inferior talents to work with such talented voice actors.

I hope you are right.
    But after playing ttg's Sam n Max series, I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna love the voice acting and dialogs of this game! :)

The graphics on the other hand...
  • edited June 2009
    Unless Emily from Telltale is pulling our leg, she confirmed that Earl Boen IS NOT in Tales of Monkey Island.
    Emily wrote: »
    Earl Boen is not in Tales of Monkey Island.
  • edited June 2009
    Wicked wrote: »
    I hope you are right.
    But after playing ttg's Sam n Max series, I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna love the voice acting and dialogs of this game! :)

The graphics on the other hand...

Yeah, I actually love the new SaM voices, since they're exactly how I imagined them sound when I first started reading the comics. Calm, collected Sam and psychotic, shouting Max.
  • edited June 2009
    All I know is Alexandra Boyd and Leilani Jones are back doing voices of Elaine and Voodoo Lady respectivley
  • edited June 2009
    tredlow wrote: »
    Yeah, I actually love the new SaM voices, since they're exactly how I imagined them sound when I first started reading the comics. Calm, collected Sam and psychotic, shouting Max.

When did you first start reading the comics?
  • edited June 2009
    I'm too noob to have ever read the comics , but I have seen the cartoon
Sign in to comment in this discussion.