Here is how to get the whole W&G season for less than $26.

edited June 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Here is how to get the whole W&G season for less than $26:
  • Register for the newsletter.
  • Get your own discount code from the anniversary page.
  • Buy the first two episodes using that discount code. Thereby you will get them for $5 each; plus $2 store credit.
  • If you are lucky, you can still buy the third episode for $5 in June (and earn another $1 store credit), as the campaign runs to mid of June.
  • In this case, you spend 3 * $5 for the first 3 episodes plus $8.95 for the last episode - $3 store credit = $20.95 for all four episodes.
  • Otherwise, if the third episode is not immediately released for individual purchase, you pay 2 * $5 (anniversary price) + 2* $8.95 (regular price) - $2 store credit (from the "spread the word campaign") = $25,90; still much cheaper than to buy the complete season for $34.95.
Personally, I cannot complain too much, as I only payed $26 myself using the initial pre-order offer, but I wonder what the folks who recently paid the regular price of $34.95 for the whole W&G season think about this pricing policy...

Comments

• edited May 2009
    OR, you may just use this code...

VMY-RFQ-A8E-6WN

^^
  • edited May 2009
    Zomantic wrote: »
    OR, you may just use this code...
    How selfish of you to post your own discount code to get the store credit yourself. :mad:
  • edited May 2009
  • edited May 2009
    So? - That discussion took place long before Telltale announced to sell the W&G episodes individually, so you could not make this deal.
  • edited June 2009
    For what it's worth I've just got the first 3 episodes this way, so thanks. I probably wouldn't have bought them for more, but am pretty happy this way.
  • edited June 2009
    Here is how to get the whole W&G season for less than $26:
    • Register for the newsletter.
    • Get your own discount code from the anniversary page.
    • Buy the first two episodes using that discount code. Thereby you will get them for $5 each; plus $2 store credit.
    • If you are lucky, you can still buy the third episode for $5 in June (and earn another $1 store credit), as the campaign runs to mid of June.
    • In this case, you spend 3 * $5 for the first 3 episodes plus $8.95 for the last episode - $3 store credit = $20.95 for all four episodes.
    • Otherwise, if the third episode is not immediately released for individual purchase, you pay 2 * $5 (anniversary price) + 2* $8.95 (regular price) - $2 store credit (from the "spread the word campaign") = $25,90; still much cheaper than to buy the complete season for $34.95.
    Personally, I cannot complain too much, as I only payed $26 myself using the initial pre-order offer, but I wonder what the folks who recently paid the regular price of $34.95 for the whole W&G season think about this pricing policy...

Direct Link for purchasing those games ^^
  • edited June 2009
    A question i'm unsure about the answer:

If you buy all episodes of a season seperately, does this qualify you for getting the season DVD as well or do you only get it by buying a whole season or a season update?
  • edited June 2009
    taumel wrote: »
    If you buy all episodes of a season seperately, does this qualify you for getting the season DVD as well or do you only get it by buying a whole season or a season update?
    Here is what Emily recently answered when somebody asked the same question about "Strong Bad": <click>
    I cannot imagine that this will be different for W&G.

By the way, the promotion codes expire at midnight Pacific time today, so better hurry to get the whole W&G season for only $20.95!!!
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks, still it would be nice hearing an official voice on this if this is only valid for Strong Bad or more applies as a general rule for all series.

Secondly if it would be true that you get the DVD as well after buying all episodes seperately, would it also be possible sending those in one package instead of each one seperately?
  • edited June 2009
    taumel wrote: »
    Secondly if it would be true that you get the DVD as well after buying all episodes seperately, would it also be possible sending those in one package instead of each one seperately?
    What do you mean by "those"? - All episodes of one season are of course on the same DVD. - And if you want to order DVDs from several seasons (for example W&G + S&M2), you can order both together. (I had asked the same question by email some months ago.) Note that the shipping costs will be slightly higher then.
  • edited June 2009
    I meant if you're buying more than one serie, not episode.

Btw this is a great promotion for both sides as it actually gets you an episode for half of the price. Good enough for me getting those games i wasn't too convinced of so far and thus also good for TTG as it made me spending money on games i already played with a friend.
  • edited June 2009
    or you could pre-order Tales of MI, get one free episode code, buy the first three W&G at 5$ and you have the fourth one free.. so you get the whole season for 15$.
  • edited June 2009
    glenfx wrote: »
    or you could pre-order Tales of MI, get one free episode code, buy the first three W&G at 5$ and you have the fourth one free.. so you get the whole season for 15$.
    Plus 35 Dollars.
  • edited June 2009
    Plus 35 Dollars.

but you get 5 more games at 7$ each (you save 1$ per episode) (plus a special DVD cover), get another episode completely free, and three for 5$ each (if you acted fast already cos i think its over by the end of today).

Id say in the long run is quite a deal. :D

BTW: do you also get store credits if you use the code yourself?
  • edited June 2009
    Following this logic, you're running out with a general $5 pricetag even including the preordered TOMI (giving you one free game) when buying another nine episodes (results into another free episode due to the cummulated credits). So for $80 ($35+$45) you get 16 episodes, for instance the complete Bone, Strong Bad or Sam&Max 2, Wallace&Gromit and Tales of Monkey Island which otherwise would have costed $114 (3*$35+$9), saving you $34 which is a 30% price reduction. Now if you compare this to buying each episode seperately, as you can see on sheet two, then ...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.