TWD: The Fallen World

Comments

• I failed though. I had a lot of redshirts in my fanfic and something tells me that situation in Season 2 will be the same.

the thing is...I already have the rest of episode 5 planned, I didm''t expect more characters to be submitted so it could potentially alter

• edited August 2014

If there's one thing that "Brave New World" taught me, it's that you should never fight with bandits, because it ends bad. Really bad.

[Drop your weapon/Rescue Cyndia]

Episode 5: No More Peace Chapter 4: At Gunpoint [“As long as we have each other i’m happy.”] “As long as we have each other i’m happy.

• [Drop your weapon/Rescue Cyndia]

Episode 5: No More Peace Chapter 4: At Gunpoint [“As long as we have each other i’m happy.”] “As long as we have each other i’m happy.

• [Drop your weapon/Rescue Cyndia]

• [Keep fighting/Risk Cyndia’s life]

• edited August 2014

• Voting's Closed! we're going to [Drop you weapon/Rescue Cyndia]

• edited August 2014

Episode 5: No More Peace Chapter 5: Blood Flow

I dropped my weapon without hesitation, anything to save her life. As soon as it hit the ground so did I, I looked at my stomach and I was bleeding. I started to pass out but not before I heard more gunfire surround me as I drifted away.

6 Hours Later…

“Is he gonna make it?”

“I don’t know, i’m doing the best I can!”

I slowly slipped back into consciousness and back out for a while, but when I woke up again I noticed a lack of people.

“Where...is...everyone…” I said weakly

“There were some fatalities.” said Emily

“Who’s left?” I asked

“You, Cyndia, Clarice, Kieran, Maria, and I.” She answered

“I’m sorry for your losses.” I faltered

“There was nothing you could do.” she said back

Cyndia opened the door and rushed to my side and started to weep.

“I thought you were dead.” she cried

“I don’t die easy.” I joked

“Who saved me?” I asked

“Nice to see you.” I heard a familiar voice

“Cedric?” I asked

“Yeah, Katie and I were traveling for a while and heard a lot of shots being fired and came to help.” He said

“I’m glad you came!” I said

“So am I, you were in pretty bad shape.” he said

“I think i’m gonna sleep some more.” I said

“Sleep is the best, get plenty of it.’ Cedric smiled

4 Hours Later…

I woke up and walked to the door, I was still exhausted but couldn’t sleep without making sure everyone was ok. I found Kieran at his regular post, Maria was in the armory, Clarice was better and helping out Maria, Cyndia was working on the wall with Cedric and Katie, and Emily was going to keep an eye on me I guess.

“Anything I can do to help.” I asked Emily

“Yeah actually, get some rest!” she said

“Alright, I just want to make sure everyone’s doing alright after what happened.” I said

I walked over to the armory, I didn’t want to leave any questions unanswered. I knocked on the entrance and walked in, they both looked at me with relief

“It’s great that you weren’t killed.” said Clarice

“Yeah, it’s nice to be alive.” I said

“We fought for a while, I couldn’t believe we lost Brent and Winston.” Maria faltered

“I’m sorry.” I said

“It’s alright, it wasn’t your fault.” Maria grimaced

“Cody, can you come here!” I heard a shout

I walked over to where I heard the shout and found Kieran hammering some nails into the wall. I sat next to him and started to chat with him about the incident, we ended the discussion and I made my way back to my room. I slipped into my bed and started to drift to sleep, I soon found the feeling of terror shroud my mind.

4 Hours Later…

I didn’t move much when I finally came back to the world, I just layed there and waited for someone to come get me. I was finally told that I needed to help with the wall for the day, I slowly got up and groaned a bit. As I opened the door the smell of walkers swarmed the air a great deal more than it usually did, I scratched my chin and noticed that my beard was starting to become a lot bigger. I sat at the dinner table and was greeted by the remainder of our group, I took a plate and started to feel bored with the routine we had going. I’m glad we don’t have to worry about walkers and psychopaths as much as we used to but it just felt odd.

“Not too talkative today?” said Clarice

I stayed silent and just ate, I really just wanted some peace and quiet but I guess no one wanted to let me live a fantasy. I just kept eating, I was aching all over and just needed some sleep. Kieran took his post, Clarice and Maria went to the armory and I was supposed to just keep working on the fence.

[Shrug off need of sleep and work on fence] or [Request time to sleep]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouv6K8XhZFQ

• I apologize if the part is too short for your taste but expect a long chapter tomorrow and I mean LONG!

• Wait a minute...

So the choice is work on the fence or work on the fence?

Alt text

Episode 5: No More Peace Chapter 5: Blood Flow [Drop your weapon/Rescue Cyndia] I dropped my weapon without hesitation, anything to sa

• edited August 2014

Hahahaha I fucked up my wording i'm sorry I was tired and wanted to get a part out i'll fix it really quick

EDIT: It's now fixed i'm sorry about that :/

Pipas posted: »

Wait a minute... So the choice is work on the fence or work on the fence?

• [Shrug off need of sleep and work on fence]

Episode 5: No More Peace Chapter 5: Blood Flow [Drop your weapon/Rescue Cyndia] I dropped my weapon without hesitation, anything to sa

• Heh, it's okay. :-)

[Shrug off need of sleep and work on fence]

Hahahaha I fucked up my wording i'm sorry I was tired and wanted to get a part out i'll fix it really quick EDIT: It's now fixed i'm sorry about that

• [Shrug off need of sleep and work on fence.]

• Voting will close at 4 P.M. Today, no acceptions

• edited August 2014

Who wants a season 2?

• I do.

Alt text

Who wants a season 2?

• Alt text

Who wants a season 2?

• Episode 5: No More Peace Chapter 6: Dying Flame

[Shrug off need of sleep and work on fence]

I couldn’t just leave them to work on this alone, I was tired but I could at least try and get some work done. I walked slowly over to the wall dragging my feet a bit and trying to keep my eyes open, I got to the wall and put a board up and started to pound the nail in little by little. Everyone was looking at me with concern, I didn’t want to worry them but I couldn’t help not being exhausted. This carried on for a few hours until I fell to the ground and passed out, all I remembered was the feeling of constant falling.

2 Hours Later…

I was awakened by a cold wash-cloth on my forehead, it felt simply amazing but at the same time very odd. I was greeted by a group of people surrounding me, I was happy to see all of them but I felt the presence of death around me more than anything. I started to feel depressed at the thought of losing all of these people i’ve come to know. I held Cyndias hand, Cedric was supporting my health through this ordeal and I was deeply thankful that he’s here. Clarice was feeling a lot better according to Cedric but her condition could change at any moment, which scared me quite a bit. I couldn’t tell what exactly was wrong with me but Cedric mentioned that if the gunshot wound was too bad I could just die a slow painful death. This is exactly what I feared but I felt like I had this coming after all I’ve been through.

“How are you feeling?” asked Cedric

“Like absolute shit..” I groaned

“Look, i’m gonna be honest here...worst case scenario you could possibly die a slow painful death, best case scenario is you’re just having a difficult recovery.” Cedric grimaced

Everyone around me suddenly had a look of sorrow on their face, but not me I didn’t know why but this felt like the way it had to be. I didn’t feel I was meant to go much further in the apocalypse, I covered my face not wanting them to notice my feeling of freedom. I was going to be stuck in this room for a while according to Cedric, but I just wanted to walk away and drift away at the same time. I felt selfish for wanting a way out of sorts, but all of this pain kept adding up.

“Cody, please...don’t leave me.” Cyndia cried

I felt even worse now that she wanted me to stay, I wanted to get up but I couldn’t. The pain surging through me right now was a fire i’ve never felt since the gunshot in the shoulder. I was hugged by Cyndia before I suddenly had a creeping feeling of wanting to leave again, I shut out the idea and decided to press on.

“I won’t.” I smiled

Emily called for Cyndia and she went to go help her with whatever, I didn’t like the feeling of helplessness. I slumped back down into the bed and looked around for a sign of hope, there was none.

2 Hours Later…

I noticed Cyndia walk in with a bowl of soup they made for dinner tonight, I quickly grabbed it and enjoyed every last spoonful. I thanked Cyndia and she started to ask me questions regarding my well being, I answered all truthfully and then was told to get some more rest so I could potentially feel better in the morning. Cyndia left the room and I just felt sudden sadness over her not being next to me, I didn’t want to be alone right now.

8 Hours Later…

I woke up with the sounds of people pounding on the wall and no one else seemed to be doing anything else. Cedric walked in and gave me some good news, I was able to get up and be moving around again. I slowly got up with a bit of help and made my way to the door, I was instantly greeted by everyone of the group. I loved the feeling of belonging somewhere and I never wanted to leave this place. I got a hug from just about everyone, I forgot what it felt like to have this kind of place.

“How are you doing?” They all asked

“I’m fine, still a little sore...but fine.” I said happily

They were all pretty happy to hear the news but had to get back to work on the wall, I thought of how we always worked on the wall I wish it would just be made out of steel and we would never have to worry about it. I walked around and looked up to the sky and noticed it was going to start raining soon, I felt a rain drop come into contact with my fore head. This had reminded me of the wash-cloth from only about 2 days ago. I kept walking and was informed we were going to be keeping under a tarp tonight, just in case the rain got too bad. Suddenly it started to pour and we all ran under the tarp, I was hugging Cyndia so she would be warmer. We all just watched the rain, it was the most peaceful i’ve felt in a long time.

1 Hour Later…

We gathered around the dinner table once again, this time it was a special meal just for me getting better. Emily brought out some canned peaches, I couldn’t believe it they got my favorite fruit for my recovery. I thanked Emily and all of them but they shrugged it off as just a normal meal, I guess Cyndia must’ve had something to do with this. I happily ate the peaches and went to my actual room, it was so much comfier and better just to be sleeping with Cyndia again.

6 Hours Later…

Cyndia woke me up without hesitation, she insisted I got up to my post. I quickly went to the post, I looked out to see a herd of walkers. I couldn’t believe this not again, I didn’t know if I had the strength to do this right now but I had to try.

“How are we going to do this?” I asked

“Well, we have the wall fortified enough that we might not have to worry about them.” Kieran answered

We started to hear a banging on the wall, it was so intense that I nearly fell off the tower. I couldn’t believe this after all we’ve been through we deserved some peace. Everyone gathered their guns and we were ready to defend the fort, I stood up in my tower with several assault rifles and several clips for my pistol. I made sure to have Cyndia close to me in case something went wrong, Emily ordered everyone to open fire onto the walkers. Kieran took some shots along with the rest of the members on that side of the wall, I grabbed my assault rifle and started to shoot the walkers in the head.

More and more walkers started to pile onto the wall, I had no idea how we were going to do this. I kept going until I ran out of ammo, I grabbed the next clip and got ready for more. Clarice, Cedric, Katie, and Emily took the ground floor they defended the wall well enough for us not to worry too much. I found a breach in the wall and yelled for Emily to get over there, Clarice was still fumbling a bit due to her hands. They couldn’t control it, a walker got in and bit Emily on the neck and ripped open Clarice’s jugular. I couldn’t believe it, I was losing more people. I shot the walkers and motioned for Katie and Cedric to go and cover it while I took the rest from up top. Kieran ran down to Emily and got to her for one last word.

“I said quite some time ago...that if anything happened...you would become the leader.” Emily faltered

“I don’t know if I can.” grimaced Kieran

“Kieran! I need your help!” I yelled

“Go...protect this place…” Emily slowly died and started to reanimate

I shot Emily in the head as Kieran ran back up to cover his post, Cedric and Katie barracaded the hole in the wall and Cyndia took my post as I went to the ground floor. More walkers started to surround us, I clutched my torso as pain came back to me. I fell to my knees, I couldn’t believe this was happening now. I tried to aim my pistol at walkers that were coming towards me but I couldn’t bring up my arm quick enough and it fell on top of me. I didn’t have the energy or strength to push it off of me, I found a bullet travel into the walkers brain stem as Cyndia had shot her rifle just in time to save me. I got up with pistol in hand and kicked a walker down and shot it through the eye.

“Cody, walkers are getting through!” yelled Katie

I took a shot and nearly hit Katie but luckily saved her life, the walkers started to think out more and more as we progressed it was a good thing we had all of this ammo practically lying around. Soon we cleared out all of the walkers, we made several piles of walkers to burn. This took several hours to finish, I forgot what this was like to have to deal with walkers.

“This hasn’t been the best day.” said Cyndia

“I agree I can’t believe we’ve lost Emily and Clarice…”I grimaced

“They aren’t really taking things well.” I said looking at Kieran and Maria

“Well, who knows how long they’ve been with Emily.” said Cyndia

“I know, but at this point it seems that you would just get used to it after a while.” I moaned

“What’s wrong?” asked Cyndia with a worrying tone

“Just hurting that’s all.” I said with a quiver in my voice

“That walker didn’t really help your situation.” Cyndia added
    “Haha...nope.” I joked

I noticed Kieran walking over to me, I motioned for Cyndia to let Kieran and I talk. I had no idea what he wanted to talk to me about but I knew it wouldn’t be happy.

“Emily’s dead…” He faltered

“I’m sorry, but there was nothing we could do.” I reassured him

“She told me I was supposed to be the leader now.” Kieran interjected

“Yeah, what about it?” I asked

“I don’t know if ‘m up to it.” disclosed Kieran

“Look, i’ve had to lead a group of people for over 4 months now. I didn’t think I would have what it takes but ya know what? I do, i’ve been helping people survive and if i’ve learned one thing from it is that it takes guts. And now that mine are scrambled to shit you need to step up or I will.” I revealed

Kieran gave me a distasteful look, I didn’t care if he couldn’t do what needed to be done I would.

End of Episode…

Your Choices:

Caring - You let Martin keep driving

Loyalty - You went to Wilmington with Emily

Optimism - You reassured Cyndia

Sacrifices - You dropped your weapon and rescued Cyndia

Selflessness - You shrugged off your need of sleep and continued working on the fence

Credits Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW_gRcz389M&index=1&list=PLUfeQZuwuIAe8vDnPuSsjgXTiTO3XaAQT

• Hahahaha I loved that scene!!!

• Now that Season 1's over let me get some feedback and tell me what you thought of the season in a whole. Thanks and I hope you all love the last chapter, also i've appreciated all of the support and continued reading of my fanfic.

• I just submitted my character. His name is Trent Sol.

Also, I loved Season 1 of your FanFic.

Now that Season 1's over let me get some feedback and tell me what you thought of the season in a whole. Thanks and I hope you all love the last chapter, also i've appreciated all of the support and continued reading of my fanfic.

• You should vote on the choices next season, it makes it a lot better.

I just submitted my character. His name is Trent Sol. Also, I loved Season 1 of your FanFic.

• I'd give your fanfic 7/10, no offense.

1. You've done pretty good job with character development, mostly because you're lucky - you don't have to put so many of them in your fanfic. But I'd like to have more "personal" moments with them. Like when Cody wants to have to talk to someone eye to eye and gets to know his feelings and maybe more of his last. It'd add some feelings in The Fallen World.
    2. You do too many time skips in your chapters. It's fine, but right now it's kinda embarrassing.
    3. I think you should do your chapters more.... poetic. More synonyms, proverbs, metaphors, etc. Your text seems sapless. There should be less minimalism and more focus on people's feelings, description of environment and all stuff like that.
    4. Sorry, but I think that the ending of the season was just kinda messed up and not epic.

That's all the cons! Everything else is perfect.

Now that Season 1's over let me get some feedback and tell me what you thought of the season in a whole. Thanks and I hope you all love the last chapter, also i've appreciated all of the support and continued reading of my fanfic.

• edited August 2014
    1. I agree I am pretty lucky when it comes to characters, and i've had a rough time during my summer break and i'm constantly exhausted from my job but yes next season will be better (If people want it)
    2. Most of the time skips are when my character's sleeping
    3. I will have better time and more time for this, i've been writing under a lot of other things I've had going on.
    4. The ending is setting up for tension between the two, my character's been though a lot and doesn't want to lose anyone else and was saying that if Kieran couldn't step up to protect the group that he would. He's lost his entire family and several people he cared about so he wants a leader that can take care of the group. P.S. I didn't want it to be epic, I wanted it to set up for season 2

I'm happy you enjoyed and i'm glad to have your input, think of season 2 as a fresh start for me writing and now that you're almost done with your fanfic I can ask more questions I just didn't want to but you while you were trying to work on yours. I will ask you about more stuff next season if need be.

I'd give your fanfic 7/10, no offense. * You've done pretty good job with character development, mostly because you're lucky - you don'

• edited August 2014

Season 2? Absolutely!

Alt text

Who wants a season 2?

• Season 2 begins Monday!!!

• I'm sorry to say but i've injured my hand, I'm still gonna get parts out but they may take longer. :/

• edited August 2014

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 1: Tension

8 Months Later…

I woke up to a beautiful shining sky filled with the sun beating down upon my now medium-long hair. I stretched my limbs and felt pops echo through my bones, I walked out of my room and met some friendly faces. After all that happened 8 months ago, I feel as strong as an ox. Cyndia has become a crack-shot, she could hit a snail from a mile away. Kieran was leading the community and I was happy with it, he really stepped up after what I told him. Maria hasn’t been as noticeable the past few weeks, we all thought she was going into depression. I didn’t blame her, dark thoughts can shroud your mind from seeing things clearly. I walked to our table and awaited a meal to start off a day of hard-work, everyone had gathered around and it made our home feel a lot more lively.

“How are the crops doing?” asked Cedric

“Coming in fast, soon we’re gonna have to starting picking our food.” observed Kieran

Cedric and Katie were already off talking about medicine and fields of medical research, I guess Katie wanted to be a veterinarian. Kieran quickly walked up to his rifle tower, I followed suite. I inched up the ladder and got my rifle in hand and ready for anything to come towards me. It was quite a slow day up there but the scenery was luscious and beautiful, I didn’t mind being up here. The wind was blowing at about 15 mph, it was a tad bit hard to keep my eyes open from the constant gusts. Several hours passed before I was to come down and eat dinner, I noticed how fast Maria rushed out of her room and back into it. I sat down at the table and lit a candle for light, it flickered several times from the wind until finally it just went out. I was sarcastically congratulated by Cedric and we all laughed, the happiness in this place was astounding.

“How was your time in the tower?” asked Cyndia

“It was windy and a bit boring, but the scenery is continuously beautiful.” I remembered

“The fact that you’re enjoying work again is great.” appealed Cyndia

“Enough about my work, how stable is the wall?” I asked Katie

“In maybe a couple of days we’ll have the wall perfectly stable.” Katie answered with delight

I ate slow out of pure enjoyment of being here, I heard a thump on the wall and walked over to it. I noticed a few walkers outside and pulled out my pistol, I took care of them both and continued to eat. I heard another thump but this time it was on the gate, I walked towards it with pistol in hand and checked to see what or who was out there. I noticed a few people standing outside wanting entrance into our sanctuary.

“What are your names?” I asked with authority

“I’m Elias, and I have some people with me.” He answered sternly

“And who are they?” I asked

“Boniek Valladares and Mi-Cha-Choi.” He answered quickly

“I’ll be right back.” I promised

I walked back to the group with a stern facial expression, they immediately wanted to know what the situation was.

“There are a group of people outside the gate and they want to know if they could enter our community.” I speculated

“Should we let them in?” asked Maria

“Of course, if there are more survivors out there we have to let them in!” stammered Kieran

“We should help them I agree, but we need to know more about them before we just let them in.” I pointed out

“I agree with that.” agreed Cedric, Katie, Maria,and Cyndia

“Alright i’ll go ask them some questions.” enjoined Kieran

The sun was starting to set behind our community, I had pondered whether or not I should trust Kieran to deal with these people himself but decided to go with his judgement. I opened the door to my room and landed onto the squeaky mattress, I just layed there for a few minutes before getting up to swap out clothes and put on a fresh pair for sleeping. I was glad we had a system worked out for cleaning clothes, after all of the sweat and blood that gets on it after only a day. I gazed at the ceiling for a while until I finally fell asleep.

The Next Morning…

I woke up to find the newest members at the breakfast table and ready to tell us about their story. I had a notification that I was going to be checking traps today with Maria, Katie, and Cedric. I hurried to Maria’s room to alert her of our job today, I feared that she would not have checked already. When I opened the door I found there to be a variety of thoughts going through my mind, Maria was sleeping there. I woke her up and she was enraged with me, I told her to back off and to calm down.

“Just leave me alone for fucks sake!” she yelled

“Calm down, I just wanted to tell you that you are supposed to go with Cedric, Katie, and I to check the traps.” I instructed

“Alright, just give me a bit.” she nagged

I left the room with wide eyes, I hadn’t experienced a person being that mad since we first got here. I walked to the breakfast table and noticed Kieran wasn’t outside, I wondered where he could be but decided to not look into it. Cedric gathered Katie and I but Maria was still in her room, after a while she came out and was ready to go.

“Which trap should we check first?” asked Katie

“I think we should check the trap near the river, or we could go to the trap near the road.” replied Maria

We decided on checking the trap near the river, it would only take us about 20 minutes to get there. I noticed the trees shuffling a bit from the wind, birds were flying above our head. We reached the river and the glistening water was enticing, I just wanted to dive right in and float around. I looked down at the trap and found nothing in it, I was quite disappointed along with the rest of my team.

“Let’s take advantage of being near the river and go for a swim!” exhorted Katie

“Is it safe?” asked Maria

“The water’s clear enough we would see a walker if it was in there, but we should go further upstream just in case.” said Cedric carefully

“Oh come on, it’ll be fine!” cajoled Katie

“If we’re gonna be doing that we need to go upstream.” I argued

“Alright fine, but don’t complain about a longer walk.” joked Katie

We walked upstream, we could at least have some fun while we were out here. The piercing stench of walker guts invaded my nostrils and left me gagging, it was absolutely dreadful how terrible it smelt all the time.

“Oh god, do you smell that!?” pointed out Katie

“Must be a lot of opened up walkers in this area, never get over the smell.” joked Cedric

We made it to the waterfall, it was absolutely beautiful here. I wouldn’t mind visiting this place more often, the best part is the lack of any walkers around the waterfall.

“There aren’t any walkers to chomp our feet.” stated Maria

“Who wants to go first?’ I jokingly asked

Without hesitation Cedric jumped right in, Katie went in after him and Maria and I were left waiting on the bank. I looked at her and we both dove in, I came up out of the fresh and cold water smiling. I wiped my hair back and looked around at everyone, Katie and Cedric were jokingly splashing each other. I shrugged my shoulders and we all started in on a splash war.

Back at Camp…

Cyndia, Elias, Boniek, and Mi-Cha-Choi were working on the fence with Kieran up top with his rifle in hand monitoring every move outside the wall. The job wasn’t taking up too much time and would probably be finished by the end of the day.

“When do you think the rest will be back?” asked Elias

“They usually get back here by dinner time, but if not then a little bit longer.” answered Cyndia

“You’re pretty short.” Boniek joked with Elias

“I’m 15 and i’m 5’4, I know i’m short!” Elias joked back

They continued to work on the wall, Kieran peered over a boulder and found a walker getting another rabbit. He sighed and lifted his rifle back up and onto his shoulder, climbed down and notified the others that dinner might run late tonight. They all groaned and got back to work, Kieran was happy with all of the progress that they were making. He plopped down onto his stool and kept his eagle eye observant for Katie, Cedric, Maria, and I to get back.

Back at the River…

We dried our clothes out rather quickly, we tied our boots and got ready to check more traps. We were all still laughing from the fun that we had at the river, now that we only have one more trap we wouldn’t have to walk as fast as before. We were running a little late, but I figured the camp won’t have dinner without us. We picked up the pace when we noticed a few walkers behind us, they got right behind us after a while and chills raced down my spine. I turned around and used a scratch awl to quietly and effectively take out the walker, Cedric kicked one over and crushed its brain.

“Haven’t had to do that in a while.” I sighed

“I hear what you’re saying!” added Maria

We talked about how we weren’t used to the walkers, after all of the camp life it’s a little hard to think the world’s ended. The sky was starting to become darker as the minutes flew away, we finally reached the trap and found a rabbit. We brought it back to the camp, I noticed Kieran was on edge a little. They opened up the gate and I was suddenly surprised by the realization that the fence was finally fixed up completely. I thanked them for fixing it, I gave Katie the rabbit to cook up along with some canned food. The aroma of apricots filled my nostrils and brought a sense of nourishment to my body.

“So, how did work go for everyone today?” asked Kieran

“Just delightful.” I smiled

“Why’s that?” asked Kieran suspiciously

“At the river we decided it would be nice to go swimming.” I answered

“So that’s why you were late?” asked Kieran with frustration in his voice

“Yes, we wanted to enjoy ourselves.” I replied

“Well that was a pretty selfish act!” argued Kieran

“Look we’ve been going out on supply runs and checking traps every day, can we just have a break?” I asked with frustration

“No, when we have this place perfect we can rest not now!” snapped Kieran

[Defend your work group] or [Walk away]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bds4r8AvTY&index=3&list=LLBCJUDdrPzW6HGmxGwcbiEg

• [Defend your work group]

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 1: Tension 8 Months Later… I woke up to a beautiful shining sky filled with the sun beating down up

• Oh boi'.

[Defend you work group]

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 1: Tension 8 Months Later… I woke up to a beautiful shining sky filled with the sun beating down up

• [Defend you work group]

• [Defend your work group]

• Voting's closed going to defend the work group.

• Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 2: Volatile

[Defend your work group]

I turned my back to walk away, but the chilling thought of him taking out his anger on my work group wouldn’t let me leave. I walked up to Kieran and glared at him straight in the eye, I wouldn’t back down.

“You have no idea what we’ve been through out there, all you do everyday is sit on a stool and look at trees!” I growled

Everyone made wide eyes and knew that shit was about to go down. Kieran had no idea how easy he had it, I would gladly demonstrate how easy it is for him.

“You’re not grateful for anything, I can’t believe that I do things for you people when all you want is more and more!” yelled Kieran just before he shoved me

“Kieran you’re going down a path you really don’t want to be on!” I warned him

He shoved me once again, I got up and got him into a choke hold. I noticed that a few people tried to intervene, but they soon backed off.

“You two!” yelled Boniek

I released Kieran from my arms, he fell to his knees and was holding his neck in pain. I walked to my room, I wasn’t going to say another word to him. I stayed in my room for the rest of the night, I couldn’t believe he was going try and fight me. I got into bed when Cyndia came in ready to speak to me.

“Kieran’s now going to have a punishment system.” warned Cyndia

“Wait...what?!” I gasped

“...And you’re first…” sighed Cyndia

The Next Morning…

I felt four hands grab me and drag me out of my bed, my head hit the ground and things started to go fuzzy. I opened and closed my eyes, blood was dripping off my hair and came into contact with the grass leading to a stationary pole in the ground. My hands were suddenly restrained and I was tied to the pole, I found Kieran kneeling in front of me.

“No more I’m done fooling around.” whispered Kieran

He then kicked me in the gut and started to beat me, but I was able to get a quick glance up and found everyone had to watch this happen to me. Every punch felt like lightning striking the surface of my body, I spit out blood several times until I was unconscious.

A Few Hours Later…

I could only open one of my eyes the other was shut solid it felt like my eyelid was made of cement, my body ached especially in my ribs. I could hardly move, Kieran has lost his fucking mind. I found Cedric walking towards me with a look of fear, I grabbed a bottle of water from the table next to me. My hands were still weak from the tight rope around my wrists, I dropped the bottle and couldn’t quite reach it. Cedric crouched down and handed me the water, I thanked him deeply as he helped me drink it.

“Kieran’s lost his mind, at least there are signs i’ve been picking up that have led me to this thought.” revealed Cedric

“That would explain why he beat me senseless.” I grunted while repositioning myself

“Somehow we need to get rid of him, we need to formulate a plan.” elaborated Cedric

“It’s hard to believe that we’ve both survived since the first week of the apocalypse.” I remembered

“We’ve come a long way since then…” marveled Cedric

“Anyway, you need to get some more sleep.” instructed Cedric

He left me to my thoughts, I could feel the constant pain shooting through my body. I intended on getting some payback, but first I needed to heal up. I tried to sit up but my ribs wouldn’t allow it, I groaned some more until Cyndia walked in and put her hand on my chest.

“I can’t believe he did this to you!” cried Cyndia

I looked at her, she could tell I didn’t want to hear her feel sorry for me. I just wanted to be able to hold her in my arms and comfort her. I had thought for a while, I knew how we were going to take care of the tyrant. Maria walked into the room to alert Cyndia that it was time everyone went to sleep, “He’s going to control when we sleep now?” I thought. I shrugged it off and just went to sleep as quickly as I could.

The Next Morning…

I was suddenly awoken to a cold splash of water on my face, I found Kieran standing over my now feeble body. There was an eerie feeling surrounding me, I couldn’t put a finger on it but I could feel as if Kieran was going to strike me. All he did was watch me squirm to find comfort, I feel as if he enjoyed seeing me in pain. This continued for a few minutes until Cedric walked in, he gave me water and sat down next to me to try and help with the pain.

“Here, this’ll help.” Cedric snuck some pain pills into my hand

“How did you get these to me?’ I asked quietly

“I was on a supply run and found these, I didn’t tell the group about them I decided you would need them more.” revealed Cedric

“I appreciate it, that could really help thank you Cedric.” I smiled and took some pills

“Cedric get out here!” yelled Kieran

“I gotta go, be careful!” warned Cedric

I took his words with a grain of salt, I needed to be careful if I wanted to stop Kieran and remain alive. I feared for Cedric’s safety, if he was going to be sneaking in things for me that could put him at risk. His coming up with a plan would help us out so much, I heard yelling outside and couldn’t help myself I stood up and walked up to the door.

“I’m the leader you don’t defy me!” commanded Kieran

“Leave her alone!” cried Maria

“Don’t put one more hand on her!” yelled Katie

I opened the door and found Cyndia lying on the ground with a bruised face and blood coming from her mouth. I couldn’t believe what I saw, I walked as fast as I could to her. I tried to be next to her but Kieran shoved me to the ground, I couldn’t get up and no one could help Cyndia. I found Cyndia’s pistol only a few feet away from my hand, I struggled to grab it. I almost had it until my rib sent piercing shock through my body and made me grimace with intense pain. Kieran found me trying to grab a pistol and crushed my hand with his boot, he had went way too far I was going to kill him.

“Stop you psychotic sonuva bitch!” yelled Cedric

Kieran glared at Cedric, I was crawling as fast as I could to Cyndia but every second was too long. I finally reached her, I held her in my arms and tried to wake her up. I found the small knife she always kept in her boot and stabbed Kieran in the foot he screamed, I ripped it out and the screams of pain echoed through the community, he kicked me in the ribs. I couldn’t keep fighting him like this, I gave up and he put his gun against Cyndia’s head. I kicked him in the knee and he thankfully misfired and hit the ground but only by a few inches. I felt Kieran’s muddy boot come into contact with my already bruised face.

A Few Hours Later…

“Cody!” I heard Cedric whisper

“Cedric?” I whispered

“We need to get out of here tonight!” emphasized Cedric

“I don’t care if i’m not fit to move but Cyndia needs rest!” I argued

“Waiting will only make it worse!” argued Cedric back

[Stay and let Cyndia and yourself heal] or [Leave immediately and risk both of your lives]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI5O92XAdRA&list=PL1B341E758A207510&index=2

• Why don't they just shoot Kieran? Or kill him in his sleep? In the end he is only one man and nobody really seems to support him. Seriously, why is [Sneak into Kierans room and kill him in his sleep] not an option? Does he have any more guards who are actually willing to protect him after that case of mental instability and bad leadership he just displayed?

[Leave immediately and risk both of your lives]

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 2: Volatile [Defend your work group] I turned my back to walk away, but the chilling thought of him

• [Leave immediately and risk both of your lives]

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 2: Volatile [Defend your work group] I turned my back to walk away, but the chilling thought of him

• edited August 2014

I thought about it for a while and researched for a bit, when you have an extreme fear of something or someone you can have physical shock and not be able to move. Seems a bit farfetched for the story but please understand my reasoning behind everyone becoming suddenly afraid of a man instantly changing from a normal man into a psychotic tyrant

Why don't they just shoot Kieran? Or kill him in his sleep? In the end he is only one man and nobody really seems to support him. Seriously,

• Voting will close at 12 P.M.

• [Leave immediately and risk both of your lives]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.