Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• edited August 2014

This chapter made me all happy inside. I loved it, Em, good job. Nice name for the baby too!

I also hope your siblings will get well soon!

EMMYPESS posted: »

"You're 8 centimeters dilated. Let me take another ultrasound to see where your little guy is at." Mary gulps,"Alright Doctor." I sit

• edited August 2014

Chapter 16

VERY rough sketch of something I'm currently working on inregards to the kids and what is to come. There is a war in Fabletown. Will put the completed piece later. :) Enjoy

Alt text

"Toy Soldiers part 3"

'Bit by bit, torn apart, we never win but the battle wages on for Toy Soldiers.'

I'm a Porgie. We are not supposed to show. I'm supposed to be strong, willing and prepared for anything. But when you cross a certain ling, you can only keep your mouth shut for so long. My siblings and I were soldiers in a war we didn't create; we had inherited not only our father's problems but the coruption and anguish that left the Folker community in shambles.

I received the phone call from Ethan and several minutes later, Emily called back. By this time, I managed to wolf out and destroy a good part of the forest. My anguished howls and frightened screams echoed in the dark, as Jersey stood back and watched. He desperatly tried his best to calm me down but knowing not only was my sister gone but now my family was in danger. And Peter. I suddenly was worrying about Peter...

"I'm fine, Katie! You need to fuckin' relax!"

"Where are you at?"

"Everyone in the club is heading to mom and dad's place. We are going to need EVERYONE we know, Katie. This fuckin' thing-we are at WAR now."

I hung up the phone, climbed on Jersey's back and through the dark and a storm heading our way, we flew back into the sleeping city that had no idea what was about to take place.

"Bigby, stop! This is not your place anymore! We have kids-"

"Peter is involved. The very idea of Fabletown is in danger, Snow."

"No! I'm not going to let you!"

"Snow-"

"The Folker community STILL has a grudge over something WE had no control! I will not have MY family get involved!"

"So you expect me to sit back and hope for the best?"

"I want you to consider who and what is on the line here, Bigby! This is not your battle to fight!"

"He's still my son...no matter how he feels."

"Bigby-"

"Move, Snow. I love you...but a member of my family is in trouble."

I got Katie's message; Oliver drove me down to my parent's house. I'm exhausted with all of this. Why would I want to help or get involved in something I didn't help create?

"You want me to go?"

"No. This is between me and the others inside. If I need you-"

"I'll be by that building over there."

Oliver leaned in and kissed my lips lightly. All I could do was smile, as I left his car and headed upstairs. When I arrived, almost my entire family were in the living room: the only ones I didn't see was Noah, Gren Junior, Rosie, my uncle Gren, aunt Carla or even Peter. I looked over at Junior and Mary; she seemed to have actually been crying.

"What's going on out there, Katie?"

"Jersey and I went to the little group of Council members still hoping for a better future. They told me we are at war with both sides; Peter is helping them and they have not only our godparents and cousins but..." She turned over at my brother; his eyes were a solid black now. The look terrified me. He looked gone. "They took the babies, Penny."

"Sheila and George?! WHY would he do this!? See-I TOLD you Peter was not us-"

"PETER did not do this, Penny! YOU know he loves his neice and nephew and would never cause harm."

"Then Why the fuck does he have them, Katie!"

"Someone took them, Penny..."

This had escalated to something we knew nothing about. I found mom and dad in the corner; he was hunched over, grabbing his stomach. Mom was trying her best to calm him.

"What's wrong with dad? They get him, too!?"

The room fell silent. "Hello?! You guys suddenly lose your-"

"Dad is dying, Penny. If we don't fix this, he will-"

I peered over again; mom now had dad resting in his lounge chair. As he sat down, a small amount of blood trickled down his fingers. Mom gasped, as she frantically tried cleaning it up.

"No...how..."

"This war is killing him, Penny. The feud we've ALL been having...that is what's been making dad so sick."

"Mom-"

"It's true, Penelope. Our connections with your father has given him a new light-a second chance. You kids, along with our love, were the stiches that helped bind your father together as one. Now with this war and you kids becoming so hostile towards one another, it has shattered his heart and left his spirit broken."

All dad could do was look up and smile. I ran to his side, grabbed his hand and held it tight. The anger within was causing my powers to bouce within myself.

"NO! This is all Peter's fault! This is all of YOUR faults for doing this!" I tossed the table to the side and watched two of its legs break in half. "This all happened because Folkers and Fables and mundies can not get along! This was caused by greed, hate, anger-the very foundation WE STAND on, is nothing but lies! But how are WE supposed to know that when NO ONE tells uus anything!"

"Penelope! Your father and I did the best we could for you kids! How DARE you not only blame us but Peter! He is your brother! He didn't-"

"Oh shutup with that, mom! He's NOT my brother!"

"GAAAH! URGHH!" Dad had fallen to the floor at this point. Emily, Junior and mom rushed to his aide. All I could do was stand back and watch. Katie stood behind me and slapped me across the head.

"Look at you, Penny! You talk about selfishness when you are no better than the rest of us! Perhaps its been YOU that has caused dad so much stress!"

"Leave..ugh...leave her alone, Katherine. She...oh fuck....god fuck, no!" Dad lifted up his hand; his entire palm was covered in blood. "Uh, shit!"

"You're alright, sweetie...its going to be okay. We will fix this, you'll see...it will be like it used to be....."

Without warning, Emily grabbed my hands. Her grip was tight, as she focused her eyes on mine. They were no longer brown but a deep, timber gray.

"Emily-"

"I want YOU to see why he kept this from us..."

There was a moment of pain, then I stood in a house. This place must be the Homelands. There was a sudden moment of noise; the sound of breaking dishes and screaming could be heard from the kitchen. I opened the door and found my father, a small boy, huddled in the corner. A rather large man was hitting him with a belt; there were open wounds and blood around my father's face. A woman stood behind the man, trying to hold him back.

"Thomas, no! Leave Georgie alone!"

"Piss off, you wank! This boy needs to learn orders and understand obedience!"

"Thomas-" He smacked the woman, causing my father to get up and run. He dodged past me and into the woods.

"That little fuckin' piece of shit! NOW he'll get it!"

"Thomas, please-not that!"

"Well, maybe if you did it for me! Now, fuck off!"

I followed the man, until we came to the woods. He caught my father, continued to beat him, then began undressing him. No...No! He wasn't-

"Dad, no, please! Not tonight! I'm sorry!"

"Shut the fuck up, boy! The more you cry, the worse it will hurt!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"It's your lucky day, Georgie."

"Piss off, John! Fuckin' leave me be!"

"Let's get you fixed up, first. Would hate thos see THAT all over the floor."

"Why, Sheriff? Why do you suddenly care now?"

"I don't, Georgie. Labor at the Farm will help allow you to think about what you did to those girls. I'm doing this for John..."

"Least you are honest..."

"Dad..."

I opened my eyes. Everyone in the room was watching me. I quickly ran to my father's side and hugged him. He returned the favor, with a loving embrace and kiss on the cheek.

"I'm so sorry, dad! I...I..."

"All is forgiven, love. Just know how much I love you and want nothing but the best for you."

I lost it. The feeling within had grown; my hands glowed a dark magenta, as Junior stood beside me. His palms too were glowing blues; Katie was now in her wolf form, Emily cocked her gun and Ethan held Nick in his hands. Behind us, Mary was in her true form, Malcom too was a large wolf, Jersey unglamoured, hissing into the air; Hans Junior and his sister Mini both held guns.

"Let's go..."

Emily cocked her gun once more.

"Time to kill some Werewolves...."

'War: A state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or a state.'

Chapter 17 soon. :)

• My favorite story arc. :D

Oh shit, the wooden soldiers! Great stuff man. Also, the: "Did you just give our son a GUN?" made me laugh. XD

• Glad to see Tez up and at em' again!

"Ugh, please shut up, you fucking mutt." XD

Finally done with this one, as it took me a while! Enjoy! Chapter 10: It's A Wonderful Morning "Oh Teeeez, Teeeeeezzzz." "No, get a

• Mine too. Since it's the most recent volume I've read of the comics so far. :P

MasterStone posted: »

My favorite story arc.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited August 2014

Hans Junior and his sister Mini both held guns. Just because of WHO hans is, this made me giggle. :)

Anyways, wow Pie. These chapters are getting very intense and full of unknown answers. Nothing like you had written in the past. The pic looks great. Can't wait to see the finished piece. nice to see Penny finally coming around.

Great work again, pie! Can't wait for the next!

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 16 VERY rough sketch of something I'm currently working on inregards to the kids and what is to come. There is a war in Fabletown

• edited August 2014

Yep, Tez can be annoyed by others easily at times, this was one of those moments. At least Reynard wasn't around. :P

Glad to see Tez up and at em' again! "Ugh, please shut up, you fucking mutt." XD

• I know! The baby is so precious :3

You should get well soon. My little sister's tummy hurts so we're giving her chicken soup and stuff to help. I'll try to write more soon, but I think I might wait a while. We'll see.

Awwww! Baby Carter. Ugh! The sickness! Have that myself. NOT good with a pregnant gf around! XD Get some rest and avoid getting sick! Great chaptr btw and can't wait for more.

• Thanks. I was beginning to wonder where you were, you haven't commented in a while.

This chapter made me all happy inside. I loved it, Em, good job. Nice name for the baby too! I also hope your siblings will get well soon!

• Lol, it's like I'm reading another issue of the comics right now. :)

Chapter 16 VERY rough sketch of something I'm currently working on inregards to the kids and what is to come. There is a war in Fabletown

• Perfect! Then I did my job! :) Wanted to try and make it dramatic like the comics are.

Lol, it's like I'm reading another issue of the comics right now.

• edited August 2014

I know, surprising huh? I was making the next chapter to my story the past 2 days, for those that actually read them. ;O

Thanks. I was beginning to wonder where you were, you haven't commented in a while.

• Reynard xD I love that bastard. You'd be surprised how different, yet exactly the same he is in most recent issues. Looks like Tez might have a crush on Miss Red, (correct me if I'm wrong). And Bigby isn't one of his biggest fans either. I haven't really been keeping up with all of everyone's chapters, but I still enjoy reading the ones I do read. Excellent job!

Finally done with this one, as it took me a while! Enjoy! Chapter 10: It's A Wonderful Morning "Oh Teeeez, Teeeeeezzzz." "No, get a

• edited August 2014

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

And he might, you and the others will have to find out in... the next couple of chapters to come? Sounds about right. :P

Reynard xD I love that bastard. You'd be surprised how different, yet exactly the same he is in most recent issues. Looks like Tez might hav

• Wow.

Just, wow.

The whole chapter had such a dark feel to it. It's good to see that Bigby cares, even if he's hard at showing it sometimes, especially to Peter. I really hope Peter is going to be okay in the end, as well as the babies George and Sheila. The ending was just fricken epic as all hell. Hopefully it all gets resolved. Hopefully.

• edited August 2014

NEVERMORE

Chapter 3: Homecoming

“Fire you lowsy seadogs!” Hook shouted a the top of his lungs and pointed his blood covered namesake at the dragon.” Clear the way for Pan!”
    One of the pirates gave Hook a strange look.
    “You heard what I said! Do it before I keelhaul the whole pack of you!” The captain fired his pistol in the air which snapped the crew into gear as they unloaded magazines of bullets into the hippogriff’s that stood in between Peter Pan and Odette towards the leviathan dragon. Said beast was still pouring gallons of fire at the Jolly Roger but a reflective magical shield stopped it from burning it.
    “Captain, the thing is going off!” one of the pirates pointed to his missile launcher as a green light flicked on.
    “They’ve done it!” Hadgar smiled.
    “Fire the bloody missiles, I want that dragon out of my sky!” Hook tossed his gun away, which Mr Smee expertly caught, before he drew his sword. He aimed it at the dragon and roared the command to fire. Two pirates knelt down and fired the missiles towards the dragon. The two devices flew past the hippogriff’s and smacked onto the winged leviathan as the skies themselves shook as the creature was engulfed in flames. A cheer went up amongst the crew.
    “You FOOLS!” a weary yet stern voice shook them from their revelry. They turned and saw old Rumblestiltskin winced in pain.” It’s still alive!”
    As if on cue, a large road dissipated the smoke and flames as the dragon flicked it’s tail and paws in anger as it’s eyes even from kilometers of distance shined brightly with rightious vengeance. Another stream of liquids fire rushed towards the Jolly Roger.

Rumpel was on his knees as the pain was becoming to much to bear. Images flashed in front of him, which sadly was not the first time it happened…and not the last. He saw them all before. His childhood, his first magic lessons, his first contract, his last contract, his daughter Rosette, their arrival at Fabletown, the Lucky Pawn….and HER. The sight of her snapped his eyes red as he found the strength to get back on his feet and smashed the fire away with a flick of his cane. The fire incinerated it’s lesser kin by the dozens as it looked puzzled at the turn of events.
    “DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM?!” The elder man burst with energy as he strode forward. Hadgar smashed a griff’ skull in to his side as Toad gunned another down, his knees shaking as he did. Both Fables and a few pirates looked up from their struggles and stepped backwards as the Impish old man grew monstrous. Even Hook fell silent.
    “I AM THE ONE WHO CANNOT BE NAMED! I AM THE ONE WHO CANNOT BE CONTROLLED! THOSE WHO KNOW ME NAME EITHER DIE OR STAY ALIVE BY MY MERCY!”

The Imp held out his cane and swung it around as dark clouds gathered around the ship. Lightning and thunder lit up the sky. As the wind picked up, Hook began shouting orders to keep the ship afloat on the storm ridden skies. The lesser creatures were swept up in the winds and even the dragon had trouble keeping itself in the air.
    “The fuck is he doing?!” Toad cursed.
    “He’s summoning ta might o’ Thor himself!” Hadgar replied as he dragged a wounded pirate to below decks.” Yer see the kid or Odette?!”
    “I can’t see my own bloody hand in this mess!” the slum lord replied before he followed Hadgar’s example.
    “Smee, get the crew below decks!” Hook said to his second in command.” I will steer the ship!”
    “But Captain-“ Smee began but only received a harsh glare. The portly second saluted before he shouted to the remaining pirates to get below decks. Rain began cascading down as lightning bolts began to hit the large dragon. In it’s anger the creature began bellowing fire and Hook did everything he could to avoid the attacks.
    “STILTSKIN!” Hook shouted.” Now is a good a time as any!”
    The Imp ignored what the captain said and kept swinging his cane around, as if some force had taken control over him.

The leviathan cried out in pain as more lightning bolts hit it repeatedly. Scales were burned off as the storm kept coming. Rumblestiltskin grinned and relished every moment of the dragon’s pain and the sheer power that rushed through his veins.
    “I AM RUMBLESTILTSKIN!” the man declared to the dying drake. He threw down his cane as the sky lit up as one thunderbolt pierced through the creature’s chest. The imp began to laugh hysterically until something hit the back of his head and fell into unconsciousness.

The images returned to him but with them came words this time. He saw her again, the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. A human Queen, with a dress as black as night and skin as pale as snow but not quite. Her lips were red as an apple and that very same fruit was her sigil on her beautiful dress. Crystal apples, embroided apples. All red, all sparking if just for him.
    She was waiting for him and smiled as he knelt before her.
    “Ah Rumpel, you have returned to me.” His beloved replied.” Have you brought me more gold?”
    “That and more my sweet.” Rumpel kissed her hand before he got up.” I have done it.”
    “Done…what?” she raised her brow.
    “I have made a contract with a desperate girl from a nearby kingdom. We can have what we finally wanted.” He smiled despite the fact he saw her own smile fade.
    “You….managed to fool some girl into giving you her child?” the Queen asked.
    “OUR child, my beloved.” Rumbel smiled.” Now we can a family, just like you wanted. A proper heir than your stepdaughter.”
    But her reaction was not one of joy. It was of disdain, fear, anger…it was only then Rumbel saw what kind of creature he fell in love with. A greedy old woman who held on to her vanity and his ability to make gold to fill her coffers. It was at that time the Goblin shaman died…and Rumblestiltskin was born.

His eyes fluttered open but shit quickly again as to get used to the light.
    “He is getting’ to.” He heard the dwarf say.” Last chance.”
    “Raise your hammer and I will gut you where I stand, dwarf.” He heard the captain retort.
    “That a good idea with Pan and Odette gone? I’m not going ta wait till I’m next, Hook.” the dwarf replied before Rumpel heard him stomp off.
    “Charming fellow…” Rumbel said as he slowly sat up.
    “He has a point. What the hell happened there, Stiltskin? I thought you said you had this under control.” The pirate captain offered him a glass of water regardless.
    The imp took the glass and downed it in one go. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand before he put the glass down on the nightstand.” The missiles failed, I had to do something to help us get rid of the dragon. Besides those trackers were enchanted as well so I could aim my fire.”
    “Still, my ship is trashed and it’s magic has run dry.” Hook frowned.” The only reason you are still alive is because you made the Roger fly in the first place.”
    “And she will again, Captain.” Rumble smirked before he grabbed his cane and get out of bed.” For that we need to find Pan, though.”
    “Why? Losing him was the best thing about that storm.”

The captain opened the door and walked with Rumble. The old man covered his eyes as the sun came through. The ship was docked in a lagoon. He heard sounds coming from the nearby jungle as a vibrant array of colours greeted him. The pirates looked up for a moment.
    “You h-heard the captain!” Smee shouted.” Get back to work you scurfy searats!”
    “But I just had my lemon juice, Mr Smee!” a pirate cried out in back much to the crew’s amusement.
    “Well…searats then, now keep unloading!” Smee cried out before he turned to his captain.
    “We found one of them, Captain! Packing it in now.” He nodded at hook who returned the gesture and watched over the jungle with Rumplestiltskin.
    “Found one?” Rumble asked.
    “Something we might need in the future. So, you said we needed Pan?” Hook asked.
    Rumble turned to Hook. ”James, have you ever wondered why you lost nearly every other battle with him?”
    The captain took out his binocular and watched over the jungle.
    “It is because Neverland always had a connection with that boy, that is the reason why Prin- Mayor Charming pushed the boy as much as he did to get him along with this expedition. In this place his powers hit their full potential, most creatures here are his allies and the magic here favours him. This is his place of power. People kept thinking the fight between you two was akin to David and Golliath. Little did they know, or you for that matter, Pan was the Golliath and you the David.”

“I had my victories.” James placed his binoculars back.” I got some fine treasures and got those children back to London.”
    “For a hefty reward.” Rumbel grinned.
    “Noble inclinations go only so far.” Hook smirked.” So we need Pan…why? He is a demigod here in Neverland, if anything he will find us.”
    “First off the magic that kept your ship afloat is fairy dust, something Neverland has in abundance, so we need to find those. With force it would take us a lot of time and effort while Pan would just ask and his wish will be granted. Second, that dragon was probably not the only guardian of the Empire that was stationed here and my lightning show may have gathered attention. Meaning if Pan or Odette have not found us yet, something found them. Either the Imps or the natives.”
    Hook nodded.” We shouldn’t discount them...” he tapped his hook on his chin.” In fact we’ll go to them first.”
    “And the fountain?” Rumble asked.
    “We got time and as you said if Pan holds up his end of the bargain it will make us reaching the fountain a lot easier.” Hook turned around and shouted below decks.” Mr Toad!”
    “Whazzit?!” the Toad shouted.
    “Get your car ready, we’re leaving in a hour!” Hook paused.

A hour later, baboons and flamingo’s darted out of the way as a vintage style automobile darted through the woods at break neck speed. Toad was jumping up and down as he cheered with joy as trees darted past them and he honked as a maniac. Besides him was Hook who read off the map and sometimes shouted directions with Rumble and Hadgar were seated behind them with a sail covered large object in between the Imp and the dwarf.
    “I can see why yer were a cabbie in NY, Toad!” Hadgar said.”Fookin’ mental!”
    “You have to be to get anywhere in that city, remember?!” Rumble retorted.
    “Ah get places an’ I don’t drive like Fenrir is behind me arse!” the dwarf looked around.” Where’s ta bloody seatbelts?!”
    “The Piccaninny tribe is located ten minutes from here at this rate, dwarf. Suck it up!” the captain shouted before he directed Toad to the tribe in question.

The car stopped less than ten minutes later near a small village of wigwams and several watchtowers, connected by a wooden palisade. As the natives got out from their tents and had their arrows trained at the new arrivals, they could not help but raise their brows when the dwarf fell out of the car and began throwing up as Hook held up a white flag.
    “Hold your fire, Im no-“ Hook was interrupted by a arrow in the car’s hood.
    “YOU FUCKING SONS OF BITCHES!” Toad exploded.” YOU TRASHED MY CAR!”
    “They are willing to shoot you while waving a white flag?” Rumbel looked at Hook with a raised brow.” What did you do?”
    “Evaporate the next one.” James said as he stepped outside of the car.” I need to speak to Chief Great Big Little Panther!”
    Another arrow was fired but disappeared into a short burst of fire which made the Piccaninny gasp.
    “I know we have bad blood between us but it was many moons ago, I am only here to pick up the Pan and I’m on my way!”

The tribesmen spoke in gushed and confused tones. A moment later the palisade door opened as a young Piccaninny girl and two bigger men stepped forward. While the men were bare-chested and had colourful tattoos and animal bone necklaces, the younger woman wore nearly regal dressing much like a shaman or chieftain.
    “Tiger Lilly.” Hook bowed his head.
    “Speak, Hook.” She frowned.” The only reason you are still breathing is because my shaman is figuring a way to counter yours.”
    Rumble chuckled.” He can try….” James threw the imp a angry look but Rumble shrugged.
    “I am here for Peter Pan.” Hook said.” We returned here with him.”
    “Our shaman say the battle in the skies, last night.” Tiger Lilly folded her arms.” He saw the Pan had returned…and fought alongside the Hook.”
    “It is a long story.” Hook replied.” Is he here?”
    “No.” she shook her head.” Even if he were we wouldn’t tell you. For all we know this could be another trick from the Adversary. False visions.” She glared.

“Mr Dainson, when you are finished puking up your dinner…”Hook motioned to the sail covered object. Hadgar spat out water from his flask before he wiped his mouth and took said object. He placed it down in front of Tiger Lilly and stepped back. Tiger Lilly spoke in her native tongue and one of the two larger men stepped forward. He took out his knife and cut the sail open. Tiger Lilly blinked as she saw the mangled remains of a dragon scale. Bullet riddled, scorched and peeled off.
    “So…you are telling the truth.” She pondered before she nodded.” Come inside.”
    The four strangers were led inside. “They gotta pay for my car!” Toad proclaimed. Inside Hook saw a people under siege. Wounded warriors, young boys and even girls pressed into the defense of the tribe, little food and weary eyes.
    “The Empire came back three years ago.” Tiger Lilly said once they were seated around the bonfire where they were served rabbit stew.” My father died in the first skirmish. Made my leader of the tribe on his deathbed.”
    “Your father was a good opponent.” Hook said.” You have my sympathies.”
    She smirked.” Has your time in the mundane world made you soft?”
    “Hardly, if anything I have been waiting centuries to return to the Homelands.” Hook turned to his companions.” These are Rumblestiltskin, Hadgar Dainson and Toad from Toadhall. They to have been waiting for some time.”
    “You still owe me for my car.” Toad pointed out.
    Hadgar shook his head. “For fook sake toad, they can barely keep themselves fed. How do yer expect them to pay damages to yer car. Which ah can fix, remember?”
    “So? I don’t go around trashing their stuff.” But the slum lord relented anyway.

“We are on a mission to the heart of the Empire.” Rumble took over.” We are the prelude for a invasion.”
    “Prelude?” Tiger Lilly asked with disbelief.” You mean…YOU are the first wave?”
    “We took down a dragon, no need ta snuff us yet Lady Lilly.” Hadgar retorted.
    “No, I did not mean that it’s just…” she smiled a little.” We have prayed to our ancestors for years for someone to help us defeat the Empire. We thought we were the only ones left who fought.”
    “Neverland is our gateway toward the other realms.” Rumble continued.” If we secure this realm we will harass the enemy so our kin in Fabletown can invade a weakened Empire. However our ship was damaged and we need Fairy dust to get it working again.”
    “For that we need Pan.” Hook said.” He nor another ally have not come to us yet. We need to find them.”
    Tiger Lilly nodded.” One of my scouts reported a large white swan and a boy riding it were captured by a large net and dragged to the Neverwood.”
    “The what?” Hadgar asked.
    “That…was the place where Pan and his boys were.” Hook remembered.” Did the Imps find out about that place?”
    Rumblestiltskin saw Tiger Lilly glare and recognized his own anger in her eyes. Betrayal.” Worse. The Lost Boys returned to Neverland. They are leading the Imperial expedition.”

TBC

Fanfiction.net Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10586652/4/Fables-Nevermore

• "You're getting the hang of it," Snow says, parring my lunge. I catch my breath, pulling my fencing mask off and taking a sip of lemonade from my cup that sat on a nearby table.

"Yeah, well I learned it from the best I say," smiling. I put down my cup and push my mask back on.

"En garde," I say, lunging into Snow. With one effortless swoop, I manage to press the tip of my sword on her chest.

Snow smiles,"Finally. Let's have a real match now. Are you ready?"

"More ready than I'll ever be."

We get into position, several feet away from each other.

"En garde, Pret, Allez!" Snow says, and lunges. I block it with a parry and move off to the side, lunging back at her. She is able to block as well. I retreat as soon as Snow lunges forward once more, blocking her once again. Our swords meet several times, making a clanking sound that echos in the valley.

"You're getting very good at this," Snow says in between the movements.

"I'm just doing as I'm told," I say, lunging forward. Snow blocks once again. Under my mask I feel droplets of sweat beading down my forehead. The wind whips my hair back and I parry another lunge. Snow retreats from my lunge and we move our positions again.

"You gonna go for an attack any time soon?" Snow teases, moving her hair out of the way with her free hand.

"I'm planning on it I say. I grin, though she can't see it. I lunge once more and get blocked by her blade. Then Imove for an attack. It's obvious she wasn't expecting it, and when the tip of the blade touches her chest, I yell out,"Arret!"

We both slump over, pulling our masks off. Snow is keeled over herself, catching her own breath and chuckling at the same time. She holds out her hand for a hand shake for a job well done, but instead of taking it, I give her a tight hug.

"Thanks, Snow." I say.

"It's no problem. I'm proud of you."

We let go and start unstrapping the gear. I take another sip of my lemonade and look out into the garden. Therese is there as usual, tending the plants.

"I'm going to make us some sandwiches. You coming?"

"Yeah," I say, and follow her into the kitchen. The kids are running around, chasing each other up and down the stairs.

"Mommy will you teach us to fence too?" Conner says, sliding down the banister.

"Not today. Wait until you're all older."

"No fair, no fair! Harmony's technically younger than us,"Blossom says, pouting in the doorway.

"Hush, there will be no tantrums today. Get to the dinner table and wait for your lunches, little monsters."

The kids stumble down the hall giggling and the sounds of chairs scraping against the wood floor is heard. I sit in the kitchen on the bar stool and watch Snow prepare the meals.

"Why did you want to teach me so badly?" I ask her.

She looks up for a second and smiles, spreading mayo on the bread slices,"Well, I wanted to get to know you a little more."

"No other reasons?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

She frowns,"I just want you to be prepared. You know, if in the future there's a reason to use your skills."

"Uhuh. Well, I'll take lunch out to the kids."

"Thanks sweetheart."

"No problem."

I walk down the hall, passing a row of windows. Therese is still out there, taking care of the vegetables. I can tell she's finishing up when she starts to make her way near the entrance. I hand a plate to each child and watch them devour theirs while I take periodic bites of mine. Ghost hovers nearby. I can sense when he's near a little better than others, maybe because we share the same nature. Being invisible. I smile in his direction, though the kids pay no attention to my gesture and keep eating. Therese walks in, dirt stains on her clothes. She sits next to me silently and picks off of her plate.

She doesn't ever seem quite happy.

A little more family bonding :)

Idk what exactly I'm going to write next. I guess we'll see. It's 10 PM right now, so I think I'll go to bed. Goodnight (Or morning, whenever you're reading this.)

• edited August 2014

I uploaded a drawing to Photobucket. How do I link it so that it shows up like everyone else's?

• edited August 2014

I'll send you a message on here instead of me replying to your similar question last time.

PeterCaves posted: »

I uploaded a drawing to Photobucket. How do I link it so that it shows up like everyone else's?

• Awww, a hug scene with Harmony and Snow.

Alt text

I like that. :3

"You're getting the hang of it," Snow says, parring my lunge. I catch my breath, pulling my fencing mask off and taking a sip of lemonade fr

• Thank you for your help!

I'll send you a message on here instead of me replying to your similar question last time.

• edited August 2014

Alt text

I haven't drawn anything since seventh grade. I used to love drawing, and I don't know why I stopped, but it was a real mission doing it again after so long. I know it's not very good (I'm rusty as can be and severely limited on colored pencils, ha), but hopefully it'll give you all an idea of what the "Caveman" looks like in my imagination. As for this being my entry for the August challenge... I don't know... I mean, they're holding hands and being in love... So... that doesn't count as standing idly by, right?

• edited August 2014

I may have to edit that part out in the drawing challenge, I won't count it to be 'standing idly' either.

Excellent job though, Peter totally has that F.B.I. interrogation stare. XD

I haven't drawn anything since seventh grade. I used to love drawing, and I don't know why I stopped, but it was a real mission doing it aga

• Haha, yes, edit that out so I have a fighting chance! Thanks again for your help, though. You're the man!

I may have to edit that part out in the drawing challenge, I won't count it to be 'standing idly' either. Excellent job though, Peter totally has that F.B.I. interrogation stare. XD

• I'm loving this drawing! They make a cute couple! Great job on this piece. :)

I haven't drawn anything since seventh grade. I used to love drawing, and I don't know why I stopped, but it was a real mission doing it aga

• Uh! The feels! :)

"You're getting the hang of it," Snow says, parring my lunge. I catch my breath, pulling my fencing mask off and taking a sip of lemonade fr

• edited August 2014

I'm curious who are these character?
    Is the guy from that Law and Order title?
    It looks REALLY awesome is what i'm saying.

Haha, yes, edit that out so I have a fighting chance! Thanks again for your help, though. You're the man!

• Hello! The guy is the protagonist I created for the story I started on this thread. Next to him is his better half, Nerissa (from The Wolf Among Us). Neither have anything to do with Law & Order, but my creepy avatar does, ha. I need to change it!

Gorvar posted: »

I'm curious who are these character? Is the guy from that Law and Order title? It looks REALLY awesome is what i'm saying.

• Ah, coming from you that means a lot. Muchas gracias.

I'm loving this drawing! They make a cute couple! Great job on this piece.

• I like it tho! Hell besides a few Walking Dead's I barely see any other avatar's that are tied to Telltale that arent TWAU.
    I only picked the T-Rex because that's my thing :)
    It's ahrd to be the new guy, you guys have all these storylines going on and i will take my ages to catch up heh.
    Still kudos on the drawing.

Hello! The guy is the protagonist I created for the story I started on this thread. Next to him is his better half, Nerissa (from The Wolf A

• Remember if you have comments or requests lemme know!
    Also heads up, i cant draw soooo...no challenge for me. Sorry T.T

NEVERMORE Chapter 3: Homecoming “Fire you lowsy seadogs!” Hook shouted a the top of his lungs and pointed his blood covered namesake a

• Chapter 17

"Toy Soldiers part 4: On the front line"

Just a few images of the kids preparing for battle. Will post the others later. Start fall semester of school Monday, so will be VERY busy between that, work and a baby on the way. :) For some reason, while I listened to the Linkin Park 'Hybrid Theory' while drawing and writing this, the music seemed to fit perfectly to this. Ahem...XD

Enjoy! :D

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

"Sssh, Sheila. Its okay. Uncle Peter has you..."

'A' turned around; his glare was petrifying, as he walked over to my side. I tried frantically to calm Sheila down; even George tried talking to his sister but it was no use.

"Problem, Peter?"

"Why are they here, 'A'? Why are ANY of them here! This is between me and the Sheriff, not the others."

"Think of it as a backup plan, Peter."

"Backup?"

"You'll see...."

I didn't like the way he announced that. He smiled but it was devious. The alarms went out, echoing loudly against the walls and my ears. Sheila continued to bawl, as I tried rocking her. Rosie reached her hands out.

"Here. Give her to me..."

I handed Sheila to Rosie, as she covered her head and leaned her cheek into the back of Sheila's head. Rosie began humming, as Sheila looked around the room, at the windows, at the mirror hanging above 'A'. I know who she was looking for and to be honest, so was I.

"Fuck! They have this place heavily guarded!"

From the top of the building, we could spot three snipers. Both the west and east side of the building had guards patrolling the premises. I hid back into the shadows; Emily and Junior returned with more details about the building.

"What's going on out there guys?"

"Forget it, Katie. This is suicide if we even TRY attacking them. We MAY be able to make our way to the back but that's taking a risk. It takes one person and we are all dead."

"Fuck! How did they know?"

"Well, we are going to have to do something soon! My babies are up there, Katie!"

"Sssh! Keep your voice down, Junior! I know they are-" The sound of glass clanking and deep hissing came from behind. I turned and found Mary; her chest was glowing red and from the glow, I could've sworn there was death in her eyes. "Mary..."

"This is fucking taking too long! I can easily take them, Katie! Let me go and-"

Junior grabbed her arm and forced her to look him in the eyes. His arm too, was now glowing red. Its fantastic what a connection can do to a person. "You are NOT going out there, Mary! One, they have guns! Two, you're pregnant and-"

"I can handle this, Junior! They are just filthy wolves-no offense to anyone here but I've dealt with worse! OUR children are up there and if I can get into a perfect position, Sheila can feel my presence and use her powers and-"

"And what, huh? Okay, let's say you DO go out there and they catch you! Then what, huh Mary?! I'm not going to lose you! I won't...I can't..." We noticed tears escaping his dark eyes, as Mary began kissing the top of his head. "Please...I don't think I can take losing all four of you..."

He reached up and placed his hand on her belly. "Please..." She sighed and turned towards me.

"So, what is the plan then?"

"I'm going to need you to vanish into a mirror and find your way into the bulding. They will not suspect you entering that way. Here. I brought this pocket mirror. Take it and go find the kids. But be careful!" She smiled. "Yeah...never mind. Junior-you and Emily take the west wing. Lay low until you see the signal."

"What's the signal?"

"We are." Both Papa and Malcom walked over; Malcom finished off his cigarette and threw it to the side, the end still burning. "Malcom and I will go up and try talking to them. They will not be threatned, if they see just the two of us. All WE are trying to do, is bring the others inside back home. Little do they know, by this time, Mary will have slaughtered half the building, giving us a much better chance of taking the rest down."

"Okay, that covers Junior and I. What about Ethan, Penny, Jersey and the twins?"

"Penny and Ethan will take over the East side. She uh, has her own idea of how to distract them and refuses to explain that plan."

Emily looked annoyed. "What the fuck?! What if that backfires and-"

Penny grinned. "Oh, trust me...this won't fail."

I rolled my eyes. When it came to Penelope, who the hell knew. "Jersey will take to the air. He will fly into the dark and watch from above. When the time is right, he will swoop down and take the snipers off the roof one by one. Think of it as bobbing for Apples...."

"Hans Junior and Mini will take the back location and wait for Jersey to eliminate the snipers. When that happens, thay will fight their way inside, meet up with Mary and find the others."

"Nice plan, Katie. I like it!"

"Thanks, Junior." The relic around my neck began glowing a bright blue. Jersey grabbed my hand. The fool was already changed and ready to go. His claws wrapped around my fingers, as I looked over at my siblings.

"We can do this, guys! Just remember your post, stay quiet and if anything should go wrong, know this-our battle was for something and I love every one of you and I'm proud to be a part of the Porgie clan. We are doing this for the babies, for mom, for dad...Peter!"

Jersey flew off into the night; we formed our groups and faced the world that had haunted us for years.

"Let's go kick some motherfucking ass!"

"Peter...Peter! Can you hear me?"

"Ethan! Where are you?"

"Sssh! Keep it down. We are outside..."

"Outside? No! Go home, Ethan! This doesn't concern you and-"

"You have the kids and the others, Peter! There is a war going on-you have no idea what is going on!"

"A...a War? But...all I wanted to do was-"

"Its been going on for years, Peter and the one KEY they needed, they now have-and its YOU!"

"....Me....

"Just be careful, shut your fucking mouth and we will be there. Keep theme busy, Peter!"

"I didn't want this, Ethan. I just wanted the Sheriff and-"

"Guess you forgot you had a choice, Peter. We will be there."

Chapter 18 soon :)

• You're a dork, pie. Plan and simple! XD

Anyways, I LOVE the pictures! I'm loving this chapter and can't wait to see the battle scene. I hope Mary DESTROYS whoever is inside! Love how Ethan is able to communicate with Peter like that. :) Great work like always, Pie! Can't wait for the next page!!

Chapter 17 "Toy Soldiers part 4: On the front line" Just a few images of the kids preparing for battle. Will post the others later. St

• edited August 2014

You should have Odette dual-wield sawed off shotguns as she shoots the Adversary soldiers away to Kingdom Come in one of your future chapters.

Just kidding, but seriously though, you should draw. You gotta believe in yourself man! :)

Remember if you have comments or requests lemme know! Also heads up, i cant draw soooo...no challenge for me. Sorry T.T

• edited August 2014

I will read this later, as the pictures already drew me in. I predict that this'll be a great read!

EDIT: Read it, loved it. Good luck with school and the baby too!

Chapter 17 "Toy Soldiers part 4: On the front line" Just a few images of the kids preparing for battle. Will post the others later. St

• God dayum that is good!

• Thank you! I'm sorry about the coloring. I'm the worst at coloring.

God dayum that is good!

• Lol. I just felt like their relationship was still a little too much like acquaintances rather than family so I threw in some bonding time and stuff. I want to write more about Therese but the comics don't give me much to work with. She's more of a background character that is there less than her other siblings, and she's always seemed like she's not entirely happy to me. Idk, I'm going on a limb here, but maybe the next issue will say something.

Awww, a hug scene with Harmony and Snow. I like that.

• I know right? I thought it was pretty adorable when I read it over.

Uh! The feels!

• Ahhhhhhh I saw the pictures and fell in love with them xD This was such an amazing chapter, I can NOT wait what happens next, it's so awesome. Seriously. I can't even figure out how exactly to say how awesome this was.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.