Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• This seemed like a great bonding session, and you'd want Harmony on your side in a sword fight!

EMMYPESS posted: »

"What's wrong?" Charming asks when I enter his apartment. "Does it look like something's wrong?" I ask him back. "Well, you look a lit

• edited August 2014

Long chapter, Enjoy the action :)

Chapter 8 Beastly Showdown

Daren followed the werewolf to the out of sight of the Mundies. He is then lead to an undisclosed location and there, the wolf is waiting for him, silently. The moonlight is bright and is shining down upon the two beast of the night, surely something was going to go down.

"Who are you?"

"Someone from your past Daren. Someone who lost everything to the Emperor and his forces.."

"Etan? Is that really you?"

"Yes Daren... I bet you are wondering why I had Bibi's neck in my hand.."

"She already told me, your work for the Adversary."

"Yes, I do?"

"Are you forgetting what he did to our worlds, Etan? Are you forgetting home much pain he caused to our families? Why are you doing this?! ANSWER ME DAMMIT!"

"Daren, you still have your family. I don't even know if mines is still alive."

"Then why join the enemy? You could be looking for them at this moment. Why help The Adversary??"

"Daren, he has them. He has my family."

"What..?"

"Unless I complete my bounty of capturing your rebel wife. I can see them once again."

"I'm sorry my dear friend but that is not going to happen. What Bibi did if the homelands was to heroic and noble. She helped victims of the Empire wrath escape to safety. She did nothing wrong. I'm sorry about your family, I want to help but not in that way."

"I wasn't asking for your help Daren.. I'm taking the rebel back to the empire where she will be judged by the Emperor.."

"I don't think so Etan."

"Is that so Daren. Well them you leave me no choice old friend. I'm going to have to tear you to pieces..."

"Etan please, I don't want hurt you..."

"Hurt me Daren? Haha, of these years must of been hard on you, you're memory is getting bad. Because if I recall, I usually defeated you in our duels when we were youths.

"We aren't children anymore, Etan."

True, Daren. How I long to relive those days again. Alright now, let's get on with this shall we?"

Daren and Etan prepares for battle circle each other and before they begin the two have one conversation before the bloodshed.

Alt text

"You know Daren, werecats aren't as popular as werewolf's, you know?"

"You're point?"

"Wasn't meant to be offensive, sorry if I have offended you. What I meaning to say was, werewolf's has a unique history originating from many tales and legends, some even call us hell hounds and such.."

"What does this have to do what the current situation??"

"You see Daren, do you know who my grandfather was? Don't you remember?

"Finrir, the father of all wolfs.."

"You remember? Good, so now you know what you are up against"

"Shut up and fight dammit!"

Daren let's out a battle cry and charges at Etan. He swipes at Etan ferociously hell bent on claiming his dear friends life. Etan however is not fighting back, he seems to be waiting for something..

"Daren picks up something big and hurls it towards Etan who swiftly dodges it. Then Etan leaps on daren and begins to naw at him with his powerful jaws for a few moments before begins thrown away by Daren. His wound slowly heals and he notices Etan standing watching from the rooftops.

"Is that all you got? Grandchild of Fenrir!!"

"Daren, get over yourself.."

Suddenly Daren is surrounded by dozens of wolfs much smaller than Etan. They circle Daren awaiting orders from their master to attack, who then gives them that order. Daren does his best to hold off the many wolfs but is not doing so well, there are way to many for him to handle. Tonight Daren might meet his match.

"It's over Daren, I'm sorry it had to end this way."

A strong wind blew through the place where the fight was taking place. The wolfs that were attacking Daren were blown away by the strong gale and from the shadows Bigby emerged.

"SON OF NORTH WIND, IMPOSSIBLE"

"Our reputations precedes us"

"I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP BIGBY!"

"Apparently you do.. Daren. Just stand back, this will be over quick."

"Don't get so cocky son of North Wind, you are powerful indeed, but you have no idea what-"

"SAVE IT!"

Bigby swipes Etan off the building and he falls to the ground into a dumpster, Bigby then approaches and prepares to kill Etan,but he is then stop by Daren.

"Wait.. Bigby, wait... Let him go..."

"What? Why?"

"Just let him go...please. I'll explain later..just.. please"

"Fine. You, get the fuck out of my sight. And I don't want to see you around here again!"

Etan leaves the scene and Bigby goes over to Daren to see how he doing. His wounds were bad, but slowly healing.

"Today has been a really fucked up week Bigby, seriously.."

"I has a feeling it only got worse, Daren."

"By the way, congratulations of the cubs Bigby.."

"Cubs...?"

"Ooops.."

To be continued

:

• edited August 2014

Another long chapter, though this one will be split in 2 parts. Gotta think on how I'll do the transformation in the next part! Chapter 10 should be located on page 40.

Chapter 11, Part 1: A Wolf, a Dragon, and a Rose

"I told you, it wasn't me, Bigby. I can't imagine leaving your friend while risking to turn down whatever she has in store for me. Besides, I won't forget what you did to save us from Bloody Mary. How about you dwell on that?"

"As I said: we're going to let Snow decide, and whether you're going back to the Farm or not. Technically, it's not looking good for you in my opinion."

"But-"

"But that doesn't mean my opinion is always right. Snow likes you. She told me how you've had it worse when - ahem - Bloody Mary possessed you both. And," Bigby cleared his throat. "How you were nice to her before all that."

"Yeah, just, don't send me back. I'm getting used to being human again."

"Alright, get up. Sounds like Rose is coming."

Bigby was right with his senses once more. Rose did come - this time she was wearing a sleeveless shirt with cargo pants, a different change of clothes compared to the short-sleeved shirt and jeans she wore earlier.

"Alright Sheriff, go ahead with your questions, I guess." She crossed her arms.

"No need, for I have a different plan. Rose, you're coming along with us."

"What? Why?"

"Two reasons. One: Even if you were telling the truth before, you still have to come with me, especially when I sniffed this thief out in your apartment. Two: You need to see your sister."

"Whatevz, do what you think you need to do."

Bigby took out a pack from his pocket and lit a cigarette.

"Let's go, Tezoth. And you as well, Rose."

"Um, unless you want Mundies panicking at the sight of Tez's eyes. He would need his shades, duh."

"Oh. Right. You give him his shades then."

Rose held his aviators, putting them on admirably in front of Tez's eyes. The both of them had exchanged smiles again. "Thank you, Rose."

"Okay you two, follow me." Bigby opened the door for them, he tried to close it shut again after they exited but it was still no use.

7:17 A.M. - The Woodlands lobby:

Three Fables entered the building, from there they were approached by a guy in an orange jumpsuit that wore a frog hat. This had made Tez a little suspicious, probably due to how he had his eyes covered by his funny-looking hair.

"Good morning, Bigby, Miss Rose, and - uhhh..."

"Who is he?"

"His name is Tezoth, Flycatcher, the dragon from the Farm." Bigby answered.

"Ah, cool," Fly tipped his hat. "Pleased to meet you, a lot of us in Fabletown have been talking about you since your arrival here."

"Jeez, rumors spread fast around here, don't they?" The dragon looked to see who would answer him first.

"It's always like that around here, people can't seem to mind their own business." Rose glared at Bigby.

Fly continued. "Yeah, it's like when Toad walked in and-"

"We're wasting enough time as it is, you can talk to them later Fly."

"Oh, alright. Nice seeing you two again, and nice meeting you too, Tez."

"Likewise. 'Flycatcher'."

The three went into the elevator. Bigby pushed the button to the second floor and up they ascended. The elevator doors opened after a ding.

"Left, then take a right."

The thief complied as he walked down the wooden hallways. He came in front of the Business Office door.

"Snow should be inside. Let's go."

Snow White was sitting down in her chair, rummaging through various Fabletown files that were piled on her desk, she heard the office door open and close. Snow figured it was Boy Blue so she ignored it.

Multiple footsteps approached the desk, she stopped what she was doing and lifted her head to her own surprise.

"Oh my god, Rose!" Snow got up quickly and hugged her tight, like all of her worries went away the moment she saw her sister again.

"Whoa there, calm down sis. Long time no see."

"A long time indeed. I missed you."

"Right, I... actually missed you too."

Tez walked a bit towards Rose after Snow let her go, Bigby reached for his arm - stopping him in his tracks.

He ignored him and then looked at Rose. "Wait, Rose, you're Snow White's sister? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I figured that it would be best not to tell you."

"Hold on a second, Tez, you know my sister? How?"

Bigby grinned. "Well, Snow, funny you should ask that. I was about to tell you how I came across this thief this morning."

Snow's expression had changed from a jovial mood into a stern one. "How."

"Bigby, stop, he didn't do anything!"

"Rose, please, I want to hear what the wolf has on his mind."

Tez grunted, he figured he wouldn't have a say in this so he let Bigby proceed.

"Well, when I was taking a nice stroll over to Rose's place. I noticed her door was busted open, and that Mister Tezoth over here was hiding behind her counter."

"If you're implying that I broke into her place, Bigby, it wasn't intentional." Tez decided to interrupt.

"Explain, as well as the stunt that you pulled while you escaped your cell last night."

"I didn't escape the cell, I had help."

"Who helped you then? Huh? Is this how you treat Snow, after she went through all the trouble to get you here to the place!?"

Snow glared at the dragon, Rose wanted to say something but she knew Bigby and Snow wouldn't listen to her either.

Tezoth felt the dragon rage inside his body. "You're not listening, you're not listening, YOU ARE NOT LISTENING."

He broke free from his handcuffs and elbowed Bigby in his face. A hard blow hit his nose.

"That all you got!?" Bigby yelled.

"No, it isn't." Tezoth took off his glasses and placed them gently on Snow's desk.

"I don't want to hurt you, wolf. However, my curse disagrees otherwise."

END, of Chapter 11 part 1.

• That ending dialogue. Smooth, Daren, smooth. XD

Btw, is that picture another one of your drawings? If so: nice!

MasterStone posted: »

Long chapter, Enjoy the action Chapter 8 Beastly Showdown Daren followed the werewolf to the out of sight of the Mundies. He is then

• It could just be me, but the way you drew Junior's face looks somewhat similar to Archie's face from 'Archie's Weird Mysteries'. (if you've ever seen that cartoon :P)

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 20 "Ashes, ashes we all fall down" 'The first child will break their hearts, The second child will try to take it apart. The

• edited August 2014

Thank you, and the picture the picture was created by artist SoulEaterSaku90 as an request on devianART long ago :http://souleatersaku90.deviantart.com/ very good at what he do.

That ending dialogue. Smooth, Daren, smooth. XD Btw, is that picture another one of your drawings? If so: nice!

• Tense! Always a shame when friends have to fight, though this is really good :)

Long chapter, Enjoy the action Chapter 8 Beastly Showdown Daren followed the werewolf to the out of sight of the Mundies. He is then

• :O Tezoth is going to go dragon on his ass! Great work as always, Dragon, and the long chapter gives something to get stuck into :)

Another long chapter, though this one will be split in 2 parts. Gotta think on how I'll do the transformation in the next part! Chapter 10 s

• Another OC, we're learn more about her further into the story .

LupineNoir posted: »

Great start! Just wondering, is Medussa in the comics, you're own use of the character, or a reference to Snow White?

• Chapter 2: Friendship

Dave opened his eyes and smiled. He walks out of the bar, looks outside with a frown on his face. He was troubled, he didn't know what to do. His friends later on got out and saw him walking down the streets, his friends greet him, saying " DAVE WAIT UP!". He looks back and notices that his someone is behind his other friend with a knife.

His heart throbbed faster than a speeding train, his friend was in fucking danger, and he knew what to do. All of a sudden time froze, the world stopped moving, then he made a devilish smile, he then runs to kill the pest faster than the speed of light chopping the head of the pest in a split second, but the unknown man disappeared when he chopped his head off. His friends noticed something, they asked "what was that?", he shrugs it off, thus making his friends more suspicious than they should be. They later on split ways and all of them heads home.

When Dave gets home, he opens the door. He saw someone standing behind the wall, when suddenly BONG! Someone throws a hammer at the back of his head... he falls asleep... when he opened his eyes he saw his friends in chains...crying. Then someone shouted " KILL THEM ALL MAKE SURE NO ONE LIVES!" His friends panic... he resists to turn into his 1st form... then someone pops out of nowhere with a bat and beats his friends in front of him. He pictures the same event when his best friend got murdered in front of him. He still resisted, but he remembered his best friend, saying " If you love a person, you would do ANYTHING to just protect them... I love you and i'll do anything protect you", he cries and shouts " I WILL!!!!"...........His eyes turn into different colour, he feels different and his body morphed into... A... human....he looked into the person into the eye and he controlled him setting his friends free, then later the body explodes. That was his first form, he unlocks 100% of his brain and could do ANYTHING he wants to do. Alarm sets off * BEEP BEEP BEEP *. Everything turned silent Dave used his other power to break free and he destroys the whole place... then he got out... he didn't see his friends...

END OF CHAPTER 2

• Thanks, Noir! I was thinking on detailing the transformation process whilst he turns into a dragon in the next part. As for the fight: I'm going to try to make it somewhat epic.

:O Tezoth is going to go dragon on his ass! Great work as always, Dragon, and the long chapter gives something to get stuck into

• edited August 2014

Damn, that escalated quickly for Dave.

Chapter 2: Friendship Dave opened his eyes and smiled. He walks out of the bar, looks outside with a frown on his face. He was troubled

• I really like how Fanfiction pretty much allows you to explore things such as this chapter, placing characters into unknown situiations (like fatherhood for Charming) and see how they cope. This chapter was really well done, it placed Charming in said situiation but he was still himself. Kudos, good chapter.

Off Topic: I'm planning to do something similar with the Seven Dwarves and Snow White for my story, i always found it a shame that Bill killed off the Seven Dwarves while you could have had a lot of potential there. At least in "once Upon a Time" they used the Seven Dwarves somewhat.

I think that Charming is really changed since the first issue of the comics, so I decided to take a more fatherly approach on him. I think h

• Holy shit, love that picture dude!

• LOL Nah, I have not seen that before. Think my cousin did. Looked it up and he kinda does look like him, :P Oops! XD

It could just be me, but the way you drew Junior's face looks somewhat similar to Archie's face from 'Archie's Weird Mysteries'. (if you've ever seen that cartoon :P)

• Tense and full of suspense like always! I loved the ending! Love the pic, too! :)

Great work like always and looking forward to more!

• edited August 2014

UH! That ending! I'm enjoying Tezoth! To me, he comes off as a smart ass but in a hillarious way! XD

Great job! Can't wait to see the next chapter!

Another long chapter, though this one will be split in 2 parts. Gotta think on how I'll do the transformation in the next part! Chapter 10 s

• Thank you, pie! I agree, he is a bit of a smartass in his own funny way. XP

I'm also going to try to make his transformation as detailed as possible, in comparison to how you describe Lyla's or Katie's transformations.

UH! That ending! I'm enjoying Tezoth! To me, he comes off as a smart ass but in a hillarious way! XD Great job! Can't wait to see the next chapter!

• I love it! He always makes me crack a smile. :)

Oh, you are too kind! I can't wait to read his transformation scene! Sounds exciting!

Thank you, pie! I agree, he is a bit of a smartass in his own funny way. XP I'm also going to try to make his transformation as detailed as possible, in comparison to how you describe Lyla's or Katie's transformations.

• Sounds good!

Thanks, Noir! I was thinking on detailing the transformation process whilst he turns into a dragon in the next part. As for the fight: I'm going to try to make it somewhat epic.

• Yeah, I've been meaning to start watching Once Upon a Time for a while, but it's hard for me to catch up on TV series like that. I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. My friends watch it religiously so I hear about it every once and a while and it sounds like a good show. I do hate that Bill killed the dwarves off, even if the way he did it was pretty epic in my opinion. Thanks by the way, I try my best to keep things as close to canon as possible.

Gorvar posted: »

I really like how Fanfiction pretty much allows you to explore things such as this chapter, placing characters into unknown situiations (lik

• Yeah, she inherited a lot of her skill from both her father and her grandmother. She may not be too confident about hurting people, but if put in a position that she has to, she may be the one winning the fight.

This seemed like a great bonding session, and you'd want Harmony on your side in a sword fight!

• I read this a little late but it's okay :D

Favorite lines: I could hear Sheila clapping. Psychopath. Love it.

"Porgie, you think I'm gonna let you have ALL the fun? And besides-let the kids have at it, too. They need to practice."

"Love you too, my killer psychopath."

Emily cocked her gun. "Alright. This is the night fuckers die and the blood is on my hands. If you ladies are done having fuckin' tea time, then I suggest we get going."

I absolutely love whenever Emily talks, and I love the relationship between Junior and Mary. Ethan seems to finally start understanding that it's not entirely Bigby's fault, and maybe there will be reconciliation there soon. I really, really love this whole story, it almost feels like the real comic, you even include some pictures, lol.

Chapter 19 "Toy Soilders part 6: There will always be war." Just a few more images I'd like to share. There is a VERY rough sketch of

• Would it reveal too much if I asked whether or not she will be put in that position?

Yeah, she inherited a lot of her skill from both her father and her grandmother. She may not be too confident about hurting people, but if put in a position that she has to, she may be the one winning the fight.

• Where have I heard Remus and Romulus before? I swear I've read a story or something with both those names...they were brothers or something, right? Gosh, I can't remember at all.

Fav lines (again :3): Bigby was trying to fish Peter from his watery grave; Amber had created a large pool around Peter. (Only because I was happy Bigby was trying to save Peter. Not like he wouldn't, but it just gives Peter more reason to trust his biological father.)

We can't keep meeting like this, Emily."

That voice. I opened my eyes; Vivian stood before me, holding a Samurai Sword. (How more epic can you get?)

ETHAN! NO!!! I loved all the children, he's dead isn't he? I also think I know what Vivian is. I know that Colin the pig came to Snow in her dreams in times like these, is Vivian the same for Emily? I mean, Emily is seeing her on her death bed which is a little different than just dreaming about it, but it seems similar. I can't wait for the next chapter, it's just so good!

Chapter 20 "Ashes, ashes we all fall down" 'The first child will break their hearts, The second child will try to take it apart. The

• Oh geez. Bigby literally never gets a break. And poor Tez. He seems like such a sweet person, but the curse has put a damper on the way he reacts to such situations. Rose was surprisingly cooperative with Bigby in this case. I'm always happy to see Snow in anyone's stories (She is my spirit animal, I can't help it xD) Good job. I liked it.

• Chapter 21

"Now you know"

Do a quick chapter before I start the day. Good ol' work and school. :) This one is a bit long, so hopefully its not too much! XD

Enjoy <3

I watched in trepidation, as Remus destroyed Ethan with a single snap of his jaw. His torso was sliced in half like cheese and he laid in a pile of blood and insides. He moved slightly for a few seconds, then with one finale smile, passed away. Peter hurled himself at Ethan's lifeless body and tried to cover it with his own. In horror, we watched as our brother slipped away.

"ETHAN! No, no, no, no! Why did you do that, Ethan?! God! You are so fucking stupid! Ethan..."

Peter clutched his fits into tight balls and began pounding his corpse. Junior tried pulling him away; even Bigby did his best to coax him away from Ethan but there was nothing we could do.

"God, no...no, Ethan! NO!"

I watched as Emily leaned against the brick wall and slowly fall to the ground. Her eyes appeared glassy and unsure; she refused to speak, as I called her name. She had it in her mind for so long that her main goal was to be the strong one; to lead us through life and try to keep things like this from happening. Emily lost it; guess being the bigger person finally took its toll on her. Penny seemed unresponsive the entire time. Behind us, we could hear the laughter. Remus.

"Oh, what a shame. Too bad. Really liked that kid..."

Peter turned; his eyes a piercing red, his lips curled back and a fine line of hair forming down his back.

"You...YOU MONSTER!" With a snarl and claws extending from his fingers, he pushed with his back legs and charged at Remus. I tried to stop him; continuing to fight was not going to either solve anything or bring Ethan back. "YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!"

But I let him go. Who was I to stop him? A broken, hurt spirit takes time to heal. Simple words will only do so much.

"YOU FUCKER!" My brother was in wolf form, as he and Remus continued to battle. Though his body was strong, Peter's mindset was not and within seconds, Remus had his neck between his teeth. We watched, as he crushed the life from Peter's body. He tossed his corpse to the side; his eyes still wide open and watching me.

"Oh my God! No-PETER!" Junior screamed, as he cocked his gun and fired at Remus. Don't think it mattered to him anymore; I lost all three of my brothers to Remus, as Amber grabbed Emily's Smaurai Sword and stab Junior in the chest. Mary screeched, as she fought Amber; believe it or not, think her spirit was broken to, as I watched Amber not only kill Mary but George and Sheila as well.

"JUNIOR! Fuck, fuck-no, no!" I ran to his side, gathered him in my arms and watched as his life slowly escaped his body. He held onto Mary's hands, as she cuddled the lifeless bodies of their babies beside them. Before he left, however, he managed to crack a smile.

"It...it...it was...was all worth it, Katie...don't, ugh God..." He was gone. Jersey tried pulling me away but I refused to move. My brothers were dead.

"GET OFF OF ME, JERSEY!" I growled, as he continued his efforts in releasing my grip. "LEAVE ME! Please..."

"Katie, we have to go! Now!"

"Fuck you...fuck you..." I buried my face in Junior's chest, as Bigby crawled over to Peter's side, lift his mighty head and release an anguish howl. Tears rolled down the giant wolf's face, as he licked Peter's face and curled up beside his lifeless body.

"I'm so sorry, Peter...my son...I'm sorry..."

From the corner of my eye, I watched as Penny slowly walked to the edge, grab a gun and cock it.

"Penny...what are you doing-PENNY?!"

The gun began to glow a dark magenta, as she opened her right palm and headed towards Remus. He cackled.

"Oh, poor little Porgie. Lost, are we? You fools had no business being here-none of you! Your whore mother and that pathetic excuse of a life you call 'daddy.' Hm." He began mocking Penny, as the color grew darker. 'Daddy, can you read me a story? Uh, not tonight, love! Daddy is too busy fucking whores and doing crack in the bathroom!' 'Daddy, will you play with me? For fucks sake, Penny! I'm too busy taking orders from a crippled bastard to give a fuck about-"

Penny fired the gun, as the bullet lodged itself into Remus' head. The wolf's body slammed into the ground, as Penny took the gun and fired it at Amber. She managed to knock her down, as Penny stood over her wounded body.

"You think this is funny, don't you bitch?"

Amber's cackles echoed against the silent walls. "Go fuck yourself, Porgie. Should have finished your father off when we had the chance-"

Penny fired the gun eight times before noticing she was gone. Amber's body laid in a puddle of blood, as Penny cocked the gun one last time. She slowly walked around the area; there were streams of tears coming from her eyes.

"Katie, do you think there is a heaven for people like us?"

"Penny, what are you talking about?"

"Do you think Folkers or Fables are allowed into heaven, even though they had no choice in their previous life?"

"Penny-" She placed the gun to her head. "PENNY, what are you-"

"I was too busy blaming dad for the things he did, when I had no right to do so. I looked at him and I HATED being his daughter. I KNOW his sickness was because of ME; yes, this feud we had with Peter but knowing that his own child...his DAUGHTER hated him for things he did WAY before I was thought of!"

"Penny, please! You didn't-"

"I caused both him and mom stress. I sat there and pointed the finger...but all the fucking shit I found out...about dad...about the sick, fucking shit he dealt with! I had no idea, Katie...and I hated him. I hated our father, when all he was doing was trying to create a world he didn't know even existed. "

"No, Penny! Stop!"

"Everyday I blamed mom for what she did-dancing for dad, being his crutch! Then I look in the mirror everyday and see myself doing the same thing with Oliver. I've become mom...and I HATE myself for it. Then, there is Peter. I HATED Peter and for what? Because he belongs to Bigby and NOT dad? But you see, Katie. That's the funny thing. Dad saw past that and loved Peter, even knowing what he did. I found out and my anger was directed on him...my OWN brother. And for what, Katie?"

She dug the gun deeper into her skull and I watched the fire burn out from her eyes. Jersey sensed it and tried reaching for Penny.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? Stop!!"

"Penny, wait! No-"

"I love you, Katie. Forgive me-" And as she pulled the trigger, her body slumped to the floor. I placed Junior down, scooped her up and rocked Penelope's body.

"No, Penny! No, no, no, no...OH GOD, WHY!!"

I tried calling for Emily. She was gone; not physically but mentally. She refused to look up. Her focus remained on the many bodies before her. Several of them were family members, strangers and those that had no business being there; She crawled over to Malcom's body, clutched his fur in her hands and there she stayed.

"No...no..." I closed my eyes, my chin resting on Penny's head. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry to you all...."

All I saw in my mind were memories; the six of us too busy playing in this world to notice the demons those around us were fighting. My father was the one person I saw in my memory; he was always smiles, even though I know deep down inside, he was a broken man. He didn't want pity; he tried to be the bigger man and create a life for all of us. We failed. All of them. Failed. I closed my eyes. I drifted away. Didn't matter anymore. We failed.

"Katie...Katie. You Porgies, I swear. Just like your father."

My eyes fluttered open, as I looked around . The room was suddenly all white; there were bright lights glowing around, as I carefully touched the walls. There she stood. A woman in a purple dress, black boots and blonde hair.

"Who...who the fuck are you? Where am I? WHERE ARE THE OTHERS!" I crumbled to the ground, trying to cover my eyes. "Where are they..."

"They are safe, Katie. So are you."

I looked up, as she held her hand out. I grabbed it, as she helped lift me up from the ground.

"Who...who are you?"

"An old family friend." She looked so familiar. "I've met your sister Emily not too long ago. I'm exhausted with all these meetings we've been having lately. Mean, I don't mind. You Porgies did what you wanted and-"

"Vivian." She turned in my direction, the most beautiful smile across her face. "You..you are Vivian. I know you now..."

"You do look so much like your mother. You're beautiful, Katie. He's lucky to have a daughter as lovely as you are."

"What is this, Vivian? Where am I? The others-"

She led me to another room, as I took a seat. She reached into open space and fished out a large clear ball. Her hand swung over the top and as I looked into the object, I noticed all of us at my parent's house. It was the night we all had dinner at their home. The night all this shit started.

"You all are here, Katie. Like before."

"But, that battle! The blood-my family..."

"This was a test of not only your faith but your loyalty. Your family loves you, Katie...all six of you kids are loved, including Peter. Its not his fault he was created into this world. He just wanted to be accepted and you shunned him away."

I hung my head low and tried to avoid eye contact with her.

"Your father and mother did the best they could, Katie. He loved you and your mother like nothing anyone has ever seen; not even I could get that for of love I desperatly desired to have. You all changed him for the best. Do not blame him, Katie, for he did only what he thought was needed...he's not a bad man, Katie. Sometimes, good people just do terrible things..."

I tried again to avoid her but it was no use. She lifted my chin up; her green eyes focused on mine as she spoke. She continued to smile.

"I'm so sorry, Vivian. I didn't want THIS...I didn't want..."

"No one does, Katie. Sometimes, we get lost thinking we know the way. This world is a dark place and people like yourself easily get consumed in the shadows. You and the others have so much potential left in them. Junior with his growing family, Ethan and Peter going to school, Penny and Oliver, Emily and the club and then there is you..."

She reached into her pocket and pulled out my relic.

"My relic...how did you-"

"This was given to you by Jersey because of one thing-power. You've had it in you the whole time, Katie. And after tonight, it noticed the power within. This relic gave you strength..."

"Jersey. No...I'll never see him again..."

"We all deserve second chances, Katie."

She waved her hand once more and a large door with light poured into the room. I stood up and the two of us walked over. At first, I hesitated but she took my hand and held it tight.

"Your time is not now, Katie. For what you have accomplished and now understand, you are needed elsewhere. Take this gift of a second chance and use it...use it like your father did. For the better."

I embraced Vivian and as I released her, she kissed the top of my head; tears poured from her eyes, as I clutched the relic and headed out the door. The light was blinding, as I slowly walked down the hall.

"Remember, Katie! We all deserve second chances. All of us..."

"Like braches on a tree, we grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one."

Chapter 22 soon :)

• Yes! Finally someone understands the story! He and his bother were born to Rhea Silva, a Vestal Virgin and their father the god of Mars. After she gives birth and abandons them, they are left to die until a mother wolf adopts them and raises them. Or, that's what I was taught. XD Even though Remus was born a 'human' he was bit when he joined the wolf community, thus giving him the abilitites as a wolf. :)

I was pleased as well. I wanted to give the readers a chance to see that Bigby DOES love Peter. Its just, things were different back then and he had no choice. He did it to protect his child.

Yes; its almost like Colin with Snow. Vivian died in a horrible way, not being able to live the life she wanted. Being Georgie was given a second chance, she stood by and watched the childern; her favorite one being Emily, since she is so much like her father. Vivian is almost like Emily's guidance, a guardian angle as JJ said in the comment above.

Glad you are enjoying this! :)

Where have I heard Remus and Romulus before? I swear I've read a story or something with both those names...they were brothers or something,

• I'm like...convulsing on the floor right now. Please tell me they're not dead! Please! PLEASE! I actually teared up when one bye one, they were torn apart by that douche Remus. GAH! I hope they were all saved by Vivian. But I don't even know what to expect anymore. Gosh darn-it, I'm crying T.T That was a great chapter. I need to know everything is alright! I can't wait for the next one!!!!!!

Chapter 21 "Now you know" Do a quick chapter before I start the day. Good ol' work and school. This one is a bit long, so hopefully i

• I...I'm like EMMYPESS right now. I have nothing to say to this, Pie. Please tell me this didn't happen-tell me not ALL the kids just died! That idiot Remus; I hate him more than your previous villians, Decimus, Nate and Sam from the previous stories. I really hope Vivian showed Katie the scene with the dinner because that is where she is sending them back? Please! Tell me this was a dream, a test you may say! :(

I cried. I literally cried after I read this. The scene with Bigby and Peter; Mary, Junior and the babies. Oh fuck, man. Then Penny shooting herself, Emily losing her mind...Katie witnessing her brother sacrafice for the other one. The feelings after reading this. I'm sure others have told you this but after your first stories and now THIS, I do not see Georgie as a bad guy. I just can't now.

"I was too busy blaming dad for the things he did, when I had no right to do so. I looked at him and I HATED being his daughter.

God, pie...seriously, dude...can't wait for the next chapter. :'(

Chapter 21 "Now you know" Do a quick chapter before I start the day. Good ol' work and school. This one is a bit long, so hopefully i

• If i may go off topic one last time, watch that show for Robert Carlyle aka Rumblestiltskin. Think of him as Frau Totenkinder :D
    Trust me, he will hook you in.

Yeah, I've been meaning to start watching Once Upon a Time for a while, but it's hard for me to catch up on TV series like that. I watched t

• edited August 2014

I open my apartment door and notice Tim sitting on the sofa. The television blares the news, something about a famous celebrity dying.

"Mundy news," Tim mutters as I plop down next to him. I use the arm rest to prop my head up and we stare at the screen together.

"How've you been?" I ask, though I don't actually care.

"Good. I guess. If sitting around all day eating junk food is considered good."

"Have you seen Mary at all?"

"Yeah, when I was at the hospital. Visiting hours are over in another 20 minutes, I suspect she'll be through that mirror," Tim points at the one on the wall," As soon as the clock strikes 10."

"Good to know."

"Something wrong? You seem off."

I open my fist and remember the necklace inside. I unchain it and wrap it around my neck, fitting it to size.

"It looks really nice on you." Tim says, touching the jewels with his hand.

"It's from the Indian Homelands." I reply.

"Ahh. Nalayani?"

"Yeah."

"You don't seem too thrilled."

"Well...." I look away from him, staring at the doorway to the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" He asks again, rubbing my leg.

I look at him, sighing,"A lot of things. Too many things."

"Well, I'm listening."

I told him about me and Mary that morning. I told him what I did to my father, and why it disturbed me.

"So you're upset that he...healed?" Tim asks, confused.

"No. No, I'm glad he can heal. I'm just..."

"Spit it out."

"I just-" The mirror glowers red and Mary's head pops through, along with the rest of her body. She plops on the floor and doesn't even acknowledge us, just sitting against the wall like an empty shell.

We stare at her and Tim says,"You alright?"

She nods, not looking at either of us.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Tim asks,"I've become a great listener now that I'm couch-bound."

She shakes her head.

I get up, walking toward her. I reach my hand out to help her up. She doesn't take it at first, but I stand there long enough for her to decide she wants to. She pulls herself off the floor and stares into my eyes.

"You okay?" I ask.

She looks at me,"Yeah. I'm alright. He's alright. I'm just..."

"I'm sorry," I blurt out after she trails off,"For, well. Just the sake of being sorry, I guess."

"No...no don't say sorry to me." She walks over to the couch and sits in my spot," I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

"I know you didn't mean it," I say, sitting on the floor. We all stare at the TV again.

"This is how it started," Mary says.

Me and Tim look at her funny,"What?"

"Our friendship. I came over one day and we just watched TV and then every time we watched TV we became better friends."

"Yeah. I know." I say. I wrap my arms around my knees.

The room is silent for a while.

"I'm scared." I whisper.

"Of what?" Tim asks, leaning forward.

"Of where we'll be in the next few months. There's a battle, Tim. We need to choose a side- I don't think I can. That's what I was trying to tell you earlier. My dad was preparing me for war earlier. I don't like it. I don't like it because I can do damage and I know I can kill. Swordsmanship is in my genes."

Tim sighs, standing up,"Lets go to bed."

I nod, standing up. Mary lounges across the couch, changing the channel to something she likes,"Goodnight, guys." She says, pulling the throw blanket off the back of the couch.

Me and Tim walk hand in hand to the bedroom. I pull pajamas from the drawers and get changed while Tim masters taking his T-shirt off with a broken arm. I hear him pull his brace off behind me and I sit on the bed. He's laying down, rubbing my back as I sit there in the dark.

"I love you," He whispers.

"I love you too," I whisper back. I turn around and kiss him softly before getting under the covers and falling asleep in his arms.

This chapter felt a little slower-paced. Kinda sad undertone at the realization of the bad that's to come. We'll have more of baby Carter probably in the next chapter, as well as Bloody Mary and possible Mr. Jack Horner (Oh boy.)

Hope you liked it!

• The whole thing was a giant ball of depression and it hit me in waves. God, I did NOT expect that much death. I mean, I saw the possibility of ONE casualty, but the kids? Junior, Peter, Ethan- I can't! I really can't! I really hope Vivian does something like take Katie back to the moment it all started. Gehhhhhhh :(

JJwolf posted: »

I...I'm like EMMYPESS right now. I have nothing to say to this, Pie. Please tell me this didn't happen-tell me not ALL the kids just died! T

• I've definitely read that story somewhere, maybe a version of it in school or something. It's awesome that you tied it into your story, I love when people do that!

Yes! Finally someone understands the story! He and his bother were born to Rhea Silva, a Vestal Virgin and their father the god of Mars. Aft

• edited August 2014

"I'm hungry Snow..." Rose whined from behind her. Snow looked down at the chains that bound their ankles, wish to whatever god would hear her that they survive another night, hopefully to see some sort of freedom. She decided to preoccupy her mind with thought of their childhood.

A particular memory stood out to her mind.

It was sunny and warm out, but not too hot to play. They were 5, if Snow was recalling it right. They were playing in the garden. She could smell her mother's cooking from in the yard and both their tummies grumbled for some luncheon. The two were playing some sort of tag, chasing each other around. It got boring after a while.

"Let's make a new game," Rose said. She always liked to make up the games, and Snow always like playing them.

"Alright. What is it called?" Snow asked, sitting upon a large rock.

"It's called....Spy!"

"How do you play it?" Snow asked again, twisting her feet in the grass.

"Well....you have to collect clues! And hide! And...."

Rose looked up. Past the low rock fence she could see a man walking down their rock path. The girls hid behind the wall and peaked over secretively, watching him knock on their door.

Rose whispered,"Now's your chance. Sneak inside and listen to Mama's and the strange man's conversation."

"Got it," Snow whispered back,"But wait. Isn't that snooping? Mommy doesn't like it when-"

"Just go. This is different. It's a game. Do you want me to go instead?"

"No, no! I'll go."

Snow ran to their back door, opening it up and crawling inside. She was in the kitchen but their mother was no where to be seen.

She tiptoed to the doorway that connected the kitchen to the family room. She peaked her head around the corner. The back of the strange man's head was seen from where she stood and she quietly listened to hear what her mother was saying.

"...Nope. I haven't seen any missing girls."

"Well, I've been sent to every household that contains two or more children the same age. You have twins, yes?"

"Yes, but they're mine."

"We've heard from neighbors that they were adopted. Do you know who brought them over to you?"

"My sister. But she didn't kidnap them- She got them from a distant family member who died birthing them. That's all."

"Uhuh. Alright," The man wrote something down on the piece of paper,"Good day then. And I must say, your supper smells delicious."

"Thank you, sir. Goodbye."

Snow's mother started for the kitchen. Snow panicked, frozen in her position. When her mother entered the room, she nearly walked into Snow.

"Snow White!" She exclaimed.

"Yes mommy," Snow muttered, afraid she was in trouble.

"Were you listening to that man?" She asked.

Snow nodded, then said," Are you our real mommy?"

Her mother's gaze saddened,"Yes. I am your mother."

"But you said-"

"I know what I said. The woman who had you died. She gave you and Rose to me. I am your mother."

Snow wasn't sure exactly what her mother was saying, but said,"Okay."

"Now go get your sister and wash your hands."

"Yes mommy." Snow said, and ran outside.

Snow leaned against the cave wall. She looked past all the goblins and the fairies that stood in front of her. The daylight seeped in through the entrance of the cave. Rose tugged her leg back, whispering,"Have you been listening to me? I'm hungry..."

"I've heard you eighty thousand times," Snow snapped,"Now shut up before we get nothing for dinner."

"I can't help it, I-"

"Well, well. You nasty humans don't know how to listen to rules. That calls for a-"

A long, loud howl yelps through the cave. Everyone shakes in their spots, afraid of harsh punishment from a greater force sent by the adversary. A wolf enters the cave, larger than any wolf Snow had ever seen. She shrieked, but soon realized the wolf only targeted soldiers.

In a booming voice, the wolf said,"You're all mine now. I will lead you to the gate that brings us out of here. When you get there, I'll take a small bite from each of you to make sure you're not spies. Then, you'll be safe as soon as you pass through."

Spies, Snow scoffed to herself, remembering.

The wolf went up the line, sniffing everyone as they started walking toward the exit. Snow held her breath, still afraid of his size and greatness.

He sniffed her and she saw his eyes go wide, but he moved on. She exhaled, wondering why he looked surprised to see her of all the people in this line.

Then she realized that they were going to escape.

She smiled.

Another short story from the homelands. I like making these every once in a while.

• For sure, Tez obviously doesn't want to make any enemies in Fabletown. Although he'll push tooth and nail if people don't treat him with the same respect he gives others, the dragon curse that was placed on him contributes to his tempered rage especially.

Thank you btw! I have an idea that'll involve Rose and Tez later on, I gotta somehow make it memorable. :)

Oh geez. Bigby literally never gets a break. And poor Tez. He seems like such a sweet person, but the curse has put a damper on the way he r

• edited August 2014

So, Katie and Emily are the only ones that are left of the Porgie clan for now? ;( (I really hope they'll come back, if you are planning to bring them back - it just can't end like this, it can't man!)

Hopefully Katie uses the second chance to bring down d-bag Remus somehow. I still like how you're including Vivian as a spiritual advisor for Katie, that's the way I see it at least.

• edited August 2014

Every time Harmony and Tim cuddle, it's like a gush of cuteness explodes in my face each time! They are seriously a great pair.

I hope that Mary will soon return back to her normal state of mind and mood eventually, it's painful to her depressed like this back when she became scared and depressed ever since the pregnancy/birth of Carter. :(

I open my apartment door and notice Tim sitting on the sofa. The television blares the news, something about a famous celebrity dying. "M

• Another great flashback story, this has to be my favorite one so far! :D

"I'm hungry Snow..." Rose whined from behind her. Snow looked down at the chains that bound their ankles, wish to whatever god would hear he

• Well, I CAN say this: This is the start to something new. :) Vivian has pretty much taken over as spiritual guide for the Porgie clan, especially Emily, as she is Vivian's favorite out of the 6.

Don't worry. They are Porgies. All I will say. ;)

So, Katie and Emily are the only ones that are left of the Porgie clan for now? ;( (I really hope they'll come back, if you are planning to

Sign in to comment in this discussion.