Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• I agree with Dragon. They are just too cute!

Feel bad for Mary. Between Carter and Jack, seems like her mind is elsewhere these days. :(

EMMYPESS posted: »

I open my apartment door and notice Tim sitting on the sofa. The television blares the news, something about a famous celebrity dying. "M

• edited August 2014

Contains some spoilers from Issue 73-75 Enjoy

Chapter 9 One year and several months later.

After the battle with the Wooden Soldiers and with his old friend Etan, Daren decides to finally settle down with his loves ones and be a family once again. Both Tisha and Omar have graduated and high school and moved on, while their parents Bibi and Daren rebuild their relationship. Everything seems to be back to normal as of now, however the war with The Empire and the Adversary has only begone.

"Where do you want to go Bibi? For our anniversary?"

"Madagascar.."

"Good one, I'll book a flight tomorrow."

Suddenly the phone begins to ring. Daren hesitate to answer it since he don't want to interrupt him and his wife lovely dinner. Bibi tells him to answer it anyway.

"Yes, hello? Right now? Really? But it's my anniversary... Mayor Charming. Fine, I understand we be right over."

"Fuck."

"Who is it honey? Prince Charming?"

"Yeah, it's time to do our part now, we're invading the homelands. Today"

"So much for our anniversary..."

"Don't worry Bibi, after this is over we're going to do something more exciting, I promise you that."

"Oh Daren.."

Daren and Bbi prepared themselves for another intense battle ahead. The time has come to rid the Homelands from the Empire's reign once and for all.

While the others took Sinbad's airship to destroy the gates, Daren and Bibi had their own mission, provide support and eliminate as many as the enemy forces as possible. The two also provided ground support for the Airship keeping enemies away from it while the Airship defended in the sky from dragons throughout it's mission.

Everything was running smoothly. They Airship was ready to destroy the final gate until a swarm of dragons arrived trying to destroy the Airship with their vicious fires. After a while the ship went down, it didn't look so good. Daren and Bibi saw the whole thing from a mountain and they rushed down to the crash to help.

Prince Charming was severely injured, but he was determined to finish the mission. He was to to stubborn to die, Sinbad said.

"Daren look! The Empire, there here!"

"Shit, they already started fighting! LET'S GO BIBI!"

Daren and his wife joined their allies on the battlefield in this final battle to determine the fate of the Fable Homelands. However Daren had a strange feeling. His dear friend Etan watching from a nearby hill."

"Bibi..."

"It's alright Daren, go kick his ass. Don't die"

"Same to you, my love. Make sure Bigby don't hog all the glory either."

"Daren ran up the hill towards Etan who was watching the great battle. Etan didn't notice Daren until now. As Daren got closer, Etan slowly walked down the other side of the hill and sat down in the middle of the field waiting for Daren."

Alt text

Daren makes it to the top and see's Etan waiting for him in the fields, he prepares to join him.

"ETAN, THIS ENDS NOW! THE EMPIRE, THE ADVERSARY. IT ALL ENDS NOW"

This will be their final battle. Two friends against each other in one climatic showdown. One fighting for his kind and the other fighting to take back what they have lost. Who will emerge victorious from this battle of the death? Will the Empire be victorious or will Fabletown?

To be continued

• A special chapter just for you guys!

His name is Dave Riddles. His story starts when...

The bar walks to Dave. The bar saw its friends get beaten up by some other bars like him. The bar stood there watching them get beaten up. Then all of a sudden! MEOW MEOW MEOW Silence fills Dave. When the bar opened his eyes he saw beverages on the floor... his friends were filled with disgust, making him feel a bit different. Then out of nowhere Luke Skywalker popped out FOR NO REASON! The bar was so happy that he exploded!!!!!!!!11

THE END

• edited August 2014

Ah, that's reassuring, alright then. ;) I shall await the next chapter soon.

pudding_pie posted: »

Well, I CAN say this: This is the start to something new. Vivian has pretty much taken over as spiritual guide for the Porgie clan, especially Emily, as she is Vivian's favorite out of the 6. Don't worry. They are Porgies. All I will say.

• I love how you have added Daren and the others taking on a battle with the Adversary! It makes the chapter feel dark, full of suspense and paints images of battle and preperation in my mind. :)

I can't wait to see what happens next; the battle between friends and the fate of Fabletown. Great work and loving that picture. :D

MasterStone posted: »

Contains some spoilers from Issue 73-75 Enjoy Chapter 9 One year and several months later. After the battle with the Wooden Soldiers a

• Then out of nowhere Luke Skywalker popped out FOR NO REASON! The bar was so happy that he exploded!!!!

LMAO This just made my day! XD

A special chapter just for you guys! His name is Dave Riddles. His story starts when... The bar walks to Dave. The bar saw its friends

• Things will be tough for a while. We'll see in the next chapter how things go.

Every time Harmony and Tim cuddle, it's like a gush of cuteness explodes in my face each time! They are seriously a great pair. I hope th

• Thanks! I like writing about Rose and Snow when they were young, and since the comics don't give us too much about their childhood, I like to make my own twists in that area.

Another great flashback story, this has to be my favorite one so far!

• Chapter 22

"Testing, testing....one, two, three...."

NOTE: We are coming to an end soon. :( Makes me sad knowing yet another chapter of the Porgie clan is ending. Wanted to thank all the readers and supporters for these past few months. Your positive feedback and comments are the reason why I decided to begin this story. I've even had several people tell me because of my stories and pictures, they too can not see Georgie as a bad guy and just MAYBE, depending on YOUR choice, he's alive. (I know MY status didn't have his image with 'deceased' on it!) Thank you all for this wonderful journey. Sorry for the speech. ^^; In a VERY cheery mood today! BTW, next chapter will have TONS of images. :)

Enjoy <3

Alt text

Little blurry but there he or she is. :) Was so excited! Had to show!

I was back on the streets of Fabletown. The heat was hanging above my head, as I peered at my phone. It was barely 8 in the morning. I was heading to the Lucky Pawn. I still had time before the dinner. But why did she send me back here? I ran behind a large dumpster in the alley.

"VIVIAN! Are you here?"

There was a gust of wind. I watched as several plastic bags blew past me. When I turned, there she was.

"Oh, there you are."

"You need me, Katherine?"

"Did...did all that...are you still...fuck. I'm losing it."

"No. You are not, sill girl. All that DID happen. I sent you back here, so tonight WON'T happen! You and the others have the ability to change your own fate, Katie. The witches only see what they are given. Only YOU can make it set in stone or not."

"So, that battle. The death. That was just-"

"A premonition. Your anguish, hate and desperate souls were feeding the negative energy that hung above your heads. You gave it an option to grow and develop into what you watched and witnessed before your very eyes. There is still time, Katie. This IS your second chance. You will not have another, so choose wisely."

In my hand, I still held onto the relic. It was vibrating gently against my plam, as the stone glowed a faint blue. I peered up at Vivian. She was still there, a radiant smile across her face.

"Why did you help us, Vivian? Why are you still here?"

"I'm here for one reason. And that's you kids. I've watched your father fall into the hands of powerful men. Watched him struggle in the dark; battle his own demons, only to lose severly and give up hope. I didn't want that...for either of you. So, when your father was on his death bed that night, I tried my hardest to stop death until the Sheriff and your grandfather came back. The years to follow were up to him. I just gave him-"

"...A second chance..."

"You got it, Porgie."

I hugged her one last time before dialing the numbers of my siblings. She smiled one more time and before I knew it, she was gone. Thank you, Vivian. For everything.

As I waited at the Lucky Pawn for the others, my feet dangled over the case glass. Jack, still playing with those fucking army men, had is eyes on me. I glared and smiled; this took him by surprise, as he placed the toys down and carefully walked to me.

"You, uh...okay today, Katie?"

"Yup! Peaches and sunshine, Jack!"

"Alright!" He carefully fied his hair and jacket and leaned against the glass. "So, since you are all smiles and whatever else you said, wanna go out with me later?"

"Haha, yeah right, Jack. Go fuck yourself." I gave him a pat on the head. "You're a nice guy and all but my heart is already spoken for."

"Really? By who?"

Right on cue, I heard him; smelled the cheap colonge, as he turned the knob and walked in. He was surprised to see me sitting on the case and Jack standing like a bummbling idiot. He placed his keys in the pocket and slowly walked over to me. As he reached for his bottle of colonge, I raised my hand.

"What is this, Katie? Why are you-" I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the back. "Katie-"

"Shutup, Jersey. Just follow me! I have to say it-I have to tell you!"

"The fuck, kid? Tell me what?!"

I could hear Jack trying to follow but there would be no such luck, as I closed the door. Jersey took his usual seat at the desk. I dug into my school bag and pulled out a bag of Trail mix. Fuck. This WAS my second chance. I offered him the snack and as he took a handful out, I took a seat on his desk.

"You alright today, Katherine? You're acting stranger than usual..."

"I'm wonderful, Jersey! And look-" I held out the relic. He was taken back when he noticed the glow. "It helped me. This thing-this relic you gave me-ACTUALLY helped me be strong and take on something I never thought I could."

He was grinning, as he took my hand. "I knew you could do it, kiddo. You've always been strong. Just sometimes, think you need a little kick in the rear to see the truth."

As he reached for the bottle of colonge, I leaned in and planted a kiss on his lips. He returned with a loving embrace, as I traced my fingers along his face and neck. "Don't."

"You are making this very difficult to be professional here, kid..."

There was a knock on the door. Jack.

"Hey. Your uh, brothers and sisters are all here, Katie..."

Jersey glanced at me, as I kissed him one more time, hopped off and walked out to the front.

"Thank you, Jack." I slapped him on the face. Idiot.

"You saw her, too?"

"For fucks sake. I thought it was the fucking drugs from the night before!"

I saw her at the foot of my bed! At first, I thought it was Mary but when I looked closer...I knew that face from somewhere. It was like, I had seen it before...."

The six of us sat around the Lucky Pawn, while Jersey and Jack looked from afar. He tried several times to inturrupt but Jersey always came back with the slap across the head. I looked into the crowd of five confused faces.

"When I opened my eyes, I was back on the streets heading to this place! Like the day of that dinner! That's where it all started! THAT'S how we got to that point and-"

I fell silent, as I peered over at my twin brothers. Ethan was holding Peter's hand, as Nick floated around his head. I hung my head, took in a deep breathe and swallowed my pride. Even though he looked like the Sheriff-even though my father and he were not the best of friends he was still family. He WAS my brother.

"Peter." He seemed taken back. "Come here."

He slowly made his way over to me. I reached out a hand, touched his face and began to cry. He wrapped his massive arms around my neck.

"I'm so sorry, Peter! Sorry for everything I did to you, ever said to you!"

"Ssh. Katie. Its okay. I under-"

"NO! No! You shouldn't HAVE to understand! We were assholes to you, especially me and Penelope! I'm sorry to leaving you out of games when we were kids! I'm sorry for mocking you and ignoring you like you were not even there! I'm sorry for the name calling! I'm so sorry...you were ALWAYS one of us...and it took that image...that fucking, awful image..."

He tightened his grip, as I continued to speak.

"Dad is sick because of this-this, fucking feud and anger we have towards one another. Emily-stop with the fucking drugs! You wanna look up to dad, that is fine! But stop it! And that Felicia girl. Start treating her with respect, you fucking idiot!"

Although she wanted to say something, Emily remained quiet. Think she knew I spoke the truth.

"Ethan, stop being everyone's medication and take your life into your own hands! Stop saving everyone! Be a bigger man! Thank you but stop! Junior! For heaven sakes man, bring Mary around with the kids!"

"But, you said-"

"I KNOW what I said! And I'm sorry! They ARE family and I love them all with my heart! I can see the happiness they bring you...especially that psycho, Mary..."

"Thanks, Katie..."

"Peter! Again, I'm sorry...I love you and I'm telling you this because I CARE-GO see the Sheriff. Talk to him. Maybe, just MAYBE, there was a reason..."

"But, he-"

"Just, go, Peter. Please. It will make sense."

I glared over at Penny. "And YOU...." She backed up into the wall; my nose inches from her face. "STOP blaming dad! STOP blaming mom and take responsibility for the choices YOU made! No one told you to LIKE Oliver! No one TOLD YOU to dance at that club! NO ONE! YOU made that call, Penny! Dad loves you...we all love you! Stop, okay? Just....stop. Please. I can't lose you..."

I grabbed my sister, pulled her close and cried into her neck.

"Please...not like that. Not what I saw you do...."

Penny returned with a hug and kiss on the forehead.

"I know. I saw it too, Katie...."

All six of us ended in a long, loving embrace. It seemed like the years of hate, confusion, anger and guilt washed away and faded into the darkness. I no longer felt angry but a brandnew person with a positive outlook on life. From the corner of my eye, I saw her. I gave Vivian a slight smile, as she waved goodbye.

"Thank you...for everything..."

For awhile, we stayed like that. As one. As the Porgie clan.

Chapter 23 soon :)

• edited August 2014

"I would like to apply for a job?" Snow asked, popping her head into the building's doorway.

"Who's asking?" A voice from the shadows echoed. Snow took a nervous gulp, holding on to the hem of her dress and fastening her bonnet more securely on her head. When she fully entered the room, she was astounded by it's vastness. High ceilings, large open space. 2 desks sat in the light of the room. She could see bookshelves for miles.

"M-me," She stuttered. She hated it when she stuttered.

"Who's me?" The voice was becoming impatient.

"Snow White, sir. King Cole said that I, uh, would be good in the business office?"

She saw the man emerge. He looked old and frail,"I'm Ichabod Crane. Normally women in this culture don't go seeking for too many jobs. But...." He smiled,"I have been looking for a deputy officer. You're hired."

"That's it? I'm hired? When do I start-"

"Now. There's your desk. I expect you will listen to my every command, since you will be working under me."

"B-but I thought the mayor- Cole was the boss?"

"Cole is my boss. I am yours."

"Okay. Alright."

"Good." Ichabod walked to his own desk, settling down and writing whatever he had to. Snow took a seat at her own, excited to finally do something she was good at. Sitting there, she dreamed of being in Ichabod's place one day, maybe even Cole's.

Maybe, she thought,Maybe I could lead this town one day.

After working several hours, Snow was allowed to retire for the night. Her and her sister were staying in a small house they'd bought with the last bit of money Rose stashed in her undergarments. They were able to get the house at a decent bargain and buy a few dresses that were more suitable in this culture. Humans and animals were constantly moving in this bustling little town, all from the homelands. Snow went straight home to look for her sister.

"Rose?" She called out. A few candles were lit, which meant someone had to be home. Snow opened the door to her and Rose's bedroom.

"Damnit Snow! I'm a little busy here!" Rose yelled as soon as the door creaked open. Snow was appalled that her sister would resort to such... such animal behavior. The man she was with got up and collected his clothes, mumbling angrily as soon as Rose told him to get lost.

"Why do you do this?" Snow began to chastise her sister.

"Why do you care?" Rose retorted.

"We're sisters! I'm supposed to care! What will people think when men of all sizes come waltzing through the door? You're beginning to make a name for yourself and it's not a pretty one!" Snow was furious. She sat on a stool and began changing into her nightgown.

"So what if I'm the town whore? Maybe, I don't know, maybe it's paying the bills?" She asked.

"I got a job today. A real job. I even got my first pay."

"Whoopie, now I don't have to work a day in my life. I don't think so. I will do whatever I want to do. If you're uncomfortable, maybe you can leave, and find your own cottage to live in. I'm the one who had the money anyway."

"Money from the kingdom I ruled, along side my exhusband. Oh yeah, remind me why we divorced?" Snow teased her sister unrelentingly.

"Go to hell. If you won't leave, then I'll leave."

"You're crazy. How much money have you made sleeping around?" Snow bantered.

"More than you'll make in a week," Rose began collecting her things.

Snow panicked. She was really going to leave,"Rose, stay. Please."

"No, I'm leaving. I'm going somewhere that won't ruin your precious reputation."

"Rose, please. I need you here- I'm sorry, I-"

Rose walked out of the room, slamming the door. In her nightgown, Snow got up quickly and ran after her. It was starting to rain and the dirt road that separated the buildings became a muddy mess. The sun was setting behind the clouds and it was slowly getting darker, the only light coming from candles in the windows.

"Rose!" Snow yelled,"Please! Come back!"

Rose was no where to be found. Snow was almost at the business office, she decided to turn back and go home. Covered in mud, she entered her empty home.

She lay on Rose's unmade bed.

She cried.

Then, the worst thought of all entered her mind.

She was glad her sister was gone.

More from the past! I was a little bored so I decided to write whatever I felt like writing, which was Snow and Rose as soon as they came to what we know as Fabletown. It highlights the strain in their relationship, and now that they're safe, they've stopped caring for one another and have gone their separate ways.

• Cute! Congrats, dude for your jellybean!

Can't wait for the pictures! This made me feel so much better! Vivian did give them all another chance! Thank you, Pie! Thank you for the stories and imaged you have shown us over the years. Knowing you in real life, I can honestly say you are very gifted. This was a brilliant story about the quads. I can say this: I'm with the others. I too, can not look at Georgie the same. All I picture is him with a wife and 6 babies.

LOVE how they all except eachother now! Great work ,pie! LOVED that! Epic! Ugh! They live!!! :D

Chapter 22 "Testing, testing....one, two, three...." NOTE: We are coming to an end soon. Makes me sad knowing yet another chapter of

• edited August 2014

EEEEEEK IM SO HAPPPY

FAv line:

Junior! For heaven sakes man, bring Mary around with the kids! (That was Juniors only problem I laughed so hard xD)

This whole chapter was a bunch of gooey AWESOMENESS! I kinda had a feeling they'd be taken to the spot where it all started. It was seriously amazing, I just- I can't. Tears of sorrow turning to tears of joy! This was awesome, seriously!

AND YOUR BABY! THAT'S SO EXCITING!!!!

Chapter 22 "Testing, testing....one, two, three...." NOTE: We are coming to an end soon. Makes me sad knowing yet another chapter of

• Oh, gee, there's going to be a baby pudding or pie xD congratulations! That isn't, like, your leaving speech, is it?

And this chapter!

I don't have a tear in my eye. It's actually, a, erm, shard of glass. Yeah, a tiny shard of glass :P

• That was excellent! In the sense that it's believeable and engrossing, not in the sense that they've gone their separate ways.

"I would like to apply for a job?" Snow asked, popping her head into the building's doorway. "Who's asking?" A voice from the shadows ech

• edited August 2014

Congratulations again on the baby, dude! Literally, this is so cool that you've shown us the sonogram!

And, damn, everyone embracing each other like in the past back when they were little Porgies - like, omg, so awesome!

• edited August 2014

My dragon heart, gah. ;( You've really set the scene professionally in this one - due to the fact that Rose left her like that. ;(

"I would like to apply for a job?" Snow asked, popping her head into the building's doorway. "Who's asking?" A voice from the shadows ech

• OL Yeah. That was the only problem they had with Junior. None of them were pleased to know who he was with and created children with. So, because of that, Mary and the kids rarely came around. :( I just couldn't kill any of the kids off. Just couldn't.

Thank you! I just had to show you guys! :D

EEEEEEK IM SO HAPPPY FAv line: Junior! For heaven sakes man, bring Mary around with the kids! (That was Juniors only problem I laughed

• Yay! We are both so excited!

Oh, no, no! i'm not leaving! Just wanted to express my gratitude with you guys. :)

LupineNoir posted: »

Oh, gee, there's going to be a baby pudding or pie xD congratulations! That isn't, like, your leaving speech, is it? And this chapter! I don't have a tear in my eye. It's actually, a, erm, shard of glass. Yeah, a tiny shard of glass :P

• Thank you! I just had to show you guys. You have all become a part of my family and I appreciate everything you guys have done and said in the past few months. :)

It is awesome. Had to bring them all together like before. :) It made me sad writting how seperate they became.

Congratulations again on the baby, dude! Literally, this is so cool that you've shown us the sonogram! And, damn, everyone embracing each other like in the past back when they were little Porgies - like, omg, so awesome!

• edited August 2014

That means a lot to me, and thank you. I've always been glad that you're still a part of our storytelling group here, same with Noir, Em, and the others!

Thank you! I just had to show you guys. You have all become a part of my family and I appreciate everything you guys have done and said in t

• I'm pleased for you both! Really :) Have you thought of names yet? Fine if haven't, I'm just curious haha.

And thank goodness! All this just wouldn't be the same without you, and you've actually inspired me to keep trying to improve my work!

Yay! We are both so excited! Oh, no, no! i'm not leaving! Just wanted to express my gratitude with you guys.

• edited August 2014

Hear, hear, Fable contributors! After months of reading/brainstorming stories, I figured that it is time to finally announce this: if any of you would want to talk with the host/creator of this thread. (a.k.a. myself) Feel free to add me on the Xbox 360 or Xbox 1 - so that we may discuss our stories, the future of this thread, or random stuff in general - and hopefully play a game or two!

Message me on here if you're interested!

• I enjoy reading your stories, Noir. Full of detail and description and I'm glad to have inspired you. Really, it means a lot to hear that. :)

And yes! We HAVE picked names! Emily or Sophia for the girl and Michael or Elijah for the boy. :)

I'm pleased for you both! Really Have you thought of names yet? Fine if haven't, I'm just curious haha. And thank goodness! All this just wouldn't be the same without you, and you've actually inspired me to keep trying to improve my work!

• Oh how sad...that last sentence made me tear up a bit.

Its interesting seeing how people take characters with little or no background, like you have done here and create a WHOLE new story behind them. I'm enjoying this very much. :)

• I'm interested! Even though I rarely have the time to play, I'd still love to add a familiar face! Er, uh...name....XD lol

Hear, hear, Fable contributors! After months of reading/brainstorming stories, I figured that it is time to finally announce this: if any of

• Sweet! And totally understandable, man. :P I'll pm you.

I'm interested! Even though I rarely have the time to play, I'd still love to add a familiar face! Er, uh...name....XD lol

• Sweet. Sent you a pm back. Those names...I'm sorry now! XD

Sweet! And totally understandable, man. :P I'll pm you.

• Congrats :)

• I really like the name Emily....hehehe XD

I enjoy reading your stories, Noir. Full of detail and description and I'm glad to have inspired you. Really, it means a lot to hear that. And yes! We HAVE picked names! Emily or Sophia for the girl and Michael or Elijah for the boy.

• Thanks! The way Willingham writes it, it seemed that as soon as the two were safe from the adversary, they let their past before the invasion get in the way again, instead of forgiving eachother. I think Snow would have wanted to forgive her sister, but the wound was still fresh for her. Rose explains herself in issues as to why she resents her sister for so long, so I don't really have to explain that here.

My dragon heart, gah. ;( You've really set the scene professionally in this one - due to the fact that Rose left her like that. ;(

• Thanks. I've always wondered about Snow and Rose's life before the mess we read in the comics. Willingham gives us little glimpses of when Fabletown just began, but I don't think it was enough. I really like seeing how things ran, how they changed.

Oh how sad...that last sentence made me tear up a bit. Its interesting seeing how people take characters with little or no background, like you have done here and create a WHOLE new story behind them. I'm enjoying this very much.

• Man, I need to hook my Xbox 360 up ASAP! Lol, maybe one day I'll add you. We're in the process of getting new flooring so only the cable is hooked up, lol. I don't have LIVE but I still have internet on Xbox, so IDK if we could play games, maybe only chat.

Hear, hear, Fable contributors! After months of reading/brainstorming stories, I figured that it is time to finally announce this: if any of

• Ah okay, I have yet to see that then!

Thanks! The way Willingham writes it, it seemed that as soon as the two were safe from the adversary, they let their past before the invasio

• edited August 2014

Maybe? Only joking, it'd be cool if we could though, and we can still chat via the private chat if you have a silver account, I think. It's an alternative apart from having a gold subscription in order to use the Xbox live parties.

Man, I need to hook my Xbox 360 up ASAP! Lol, maybe one day I'll add you. We're in the process of getting new flooring so only the cable is

• I'm pleased you enjoy them :)

Those are great names! xD

I enjoy reading your stories, Noir. Full of detail and description and I'm glad to have inspired you. Really, it means a lot to hear that. And yes! We HAVE picked names! Emily or Sophia for the girl and Michael or Elijah for the boy.

• If you'd like it, I've got a two day Xbox Live Gold trial code that came with a controller thing that you can have. Even if you can't use it right away, you can still have it now. Let me know, I don't mind either way haha

Man, I need to hook my Xbox 360 up ASAP! Lol, maybe one day I'll add you. We're in the process of getting new flooring so only the cable is

• Aw, you don't have to do that! It doesn't matter either way, you can send it if you want. I might not use it for a while though.

If you'd like it, I've got a two day Xbox Live Gold trial code that came with a controller thing that you can have. Even if you can't use it right away, you can still have it now. Let me know, I don't mind either way haha

• edited August 2014

"Let's get this cast off your arm," Swineheart says, fishing through his tools for the saw. He starts at the top, following a straight line down to the end of the cast. He repeats on the opposite side, so that it comes apart in two.

"Ah! Finally!" Tim exclaims, rubbing his arm.

"All better," Swineheart says. He stands and says,"I have to go now. Your friend Mary is still by her baby, you can go visit for a few minutes. I know it's immediate family only, but I figure you are her family. Maybe they'll let you hold the baby."

"Thanks, doctor," I say, holding Tim's arm. Tim and I walk the opposite way of Swineheart, down to the NICU where the baby is being held. When we get to the window, we see Mary sitting there, her hand in the incubator. Carter's eyes are open and he's staring at the window like it's some sort of wonderful mystery.

We open the door and stand in the room. It's dark and the only light that filters in is from the window. I stand behind Mary who is bent over in her chair. My hand reaches her shoulder and she turns her head to see me.

"He's awake," She says.

"Yeah. I noticed. He's really big."

"Yeah. Do you want to hold him?" She asks.

"I uh, what if I- y'know....drop him?"

"You won't drop him if you're confident. He doesn't squirm unless he's crying, you'll be fine."

"Oh, okay. Alright. Where do I..?"

"Sit here," Mary says, standing up.

"Okay." I say nervously.

Mary opens the incubator and lifts the blanket under Carter around him, to keep him warm when he's out of it. She hands him to me, instructing me how to hold his head up and where to put my other hand.

"He already loves his Aunty," Mary says smiling. She leans against the nearest wall and all I can do is stare down at his little face. He blinks a few times, his brown eyes so big.

"He's precious," I whisper. I use my knuckle to caress the side of his head. His skin is so soft. He's bigger than when he was born, but he's still small. Still wearing pre-mie diapers. I never want to stop holding him.

A while passes, and Tim is leaning over the chair, looking at him with me. Mary is smiling still, probably glad she's got us as her family. I feel Tim's hand reach over me and he grab's Carter's little hand that's poking out. Carter's eyes drift close and he's sleeping now. Mary slowly lifts him from my arms and holds him herself as she's standing near his incubator.

"I'm so lucky to have him," She says, staring down at the baby,"All those years of pain and sorrow. None of them matter because I finally have what I've always wanted."

Mary places the baby in his bed, and I say,"You weren't happy when you found out about the baby, though. You've always wanted one?"

"No, you don't understand. A long, long time ago. I wanted a family. But I couldn't conceive. I tried everything- I.....I trusted a witch. I trusted her, and you know what happened?" Mary begins to transform into her freaky-mirror monster state.

"Oh my god..." I whisper," It's a curse. You were cursed."

"Yeah. It'll never go away. Now my son has it too...." She frowns, reaching into the incubator. The baby makes a grunting sound in his sleep, and his lips slowly curl into a smile as he dreams.

"We have to leave now. We'll see you later, Mary." Tim says. I lead him out the door and we walk down the hall together. I'm about to turn toward the elevator, but Tim tugs my arm.

"Wait," He says.

"What?" I ask.

"Follow me."

"Where? What are you doing?"

"Just...trust me. Let's go. This way."

We weave up and down countless hallways. We get to a familiar one, the maternity unit. He takes me to the end of the hall, to another glass window similar to Carter's. Inside are a handful of healthy babies, much bigger than Carter.

I look at Tim,"Why are we here?"

"What do you see in there?" Tim asks.

"I see babies. That one's a troll...those look human. That one has wings- Tim what are you trying to ask me?"

"I want a family one day. I want my own baby. I want to do it...with you."

"You want me to get pregnant?" I ask.

"No, not now, not right now. But I want you to marry me." Tim pulls out a box from his pocket. He opens it and pulls a diamond ring out.

"Tim, I...." I can't find words to say. I'm utterly speechless.

"Say yes," He smiles.

"Yes. Yes! Yes!" I start squealing.

He kisses me, slipping the ring on my finger. We stand there, embracing each other.

Then we go home together.

I've been meaning for him to propose for a while. I was waiting for the right time. He did mention he wants children......Now whether that happens any time soon or not is up to me ;) I hope you enjoyed, it took a while to write this one.

• DAWWWWW!!!! The feels! Oh, the babies! So many babies!!! lol

Loved it! Can't wait to see what happens next! They make an adorable couple!!

"Let's get this cast off your arm," Swineheart says, fishing through his tools for the saw. He starts at the top, following a straight line

• edited August 2014

"Mr. Wolf?" Snow called out. She knew he was out here, somewhere. Her nerves we bundled up, now that she was on the other side of the portal.
    Where all the murder was. The danger of the adversary lurked over her relentlessly. She held her purse against her tight, calling the wolf once more.

"Mr. Wolf!" She yelled. The valley echoed. But then he emerged, larger than the last time she saw him. He ran up, his red eyes beaming. She almost thought he was there to eat her. She gulped, assuming the worst but stood her ground.

He stopped feet away from her, standing strong. His eyes faded yellow and he became more passive.

"You again," His voice boomed in the valley.

"You remember me? It's been about a hundred years since you helped me." She said.

"I remember a lot of people. Your scent is....familiar, as are most others."

"Well, I've come to ask you to join us on the other side!" Snow exclaimed. Her hat shifted and she reached up to fix it.

"Why would I want to go over there? All they'd do is forget what I've done and hate me. No one likes a wolf."

"We're in need of a sheriff. When Cole told me to look for candidates, I figured you were the perfect person for the part."

"Huh. Going from a villain to a hero. It sounds cliche. No one's going to want me, the big scary wolf, policing them."

"Just...hear me out. Listen..." Snow reached into her purse. She pulled out a dagger and twisted it in the sunlight.

"A knife. What do you have that for?"

"It's stained with the Lyncathropy virus. I assumed that, well, it would do the opposite affect on you."

"Turn me human?" The wolf asked.

Snow nodded,"Yes, exactly."

"Where did you find it?"

"Trust me Mr. Wolf. I've gone long and far to get what I want. I got this, I sincerely hope you would take me up on this offer."

The wolf grunts,"Whatever. Stab me with it if you will, but whatever happens is not my fault."

Snow cautiously walked over to the wolf. She held the dagger out, inching herself closer and closer until she could touch the wolf's fur. She took the knife and jabbed it into his side. A loud howl emerged from him and Snow stumbled backward, getting tangled in her dress.

The wolf began to shine a bright color and Snow watched in awe as his body decreased in size, the fur disappearing and turning to human skin.He faced away from her and that's when she noticed he would be naked. Her cheeks blushed as his rear end came into view and she looked away.

"I, um..." She started.

The wolf, unfazed of his nudeness, turned around,"Am I human now? I feel tiny. And insignificant."

"You're also unclothed." She said, lifting her shawl off her shoulders.

"I don't care, I've never had to wear clothes before," The wolf, now man, said.

"Well, nudeness is frowned upon on the other side," She threw her shawl at him," Put this on, Mr. Wolf."

"Please, call me Bigby. I hate all that formal crap."

"My apologies, Bigby." She stands up, brushing her dress off,"So you'll join us, yes?"

"I suppose I've got nothing to loose. I'll leave if I see fit. I can change back..can't I?"

"Yes, of course. But not in Fabletown. The mundies-"

"What's a mundy? Fabletown? That's what you call yourselves?"

"Well, yes, but-"

"Ha! That's a joke. Let's see this establishment."

"Very well," Snow scowled. She quite liked the name Fabletown. It was cute.

"There are rules, though, Mr. Wolf."

"Hey, I thought I told you to call me Bigby."

"Sorry. Bigby. Listen, you'll have to sign the amnesty before you officially join us. It excuses you of all your past wrong-doings. Think of it as a clean slate."

"A clean slate? Does that mean I won't be condemned by those fools who are afraid of me?"

"I won't promise you anything, but if you keep a clean record, your bound to convince some of them your officially good."

"Good, huh. Gonna have to get used to that."

"Are you ready, Bigby?"

"I'm always ready. Lets go."

Snow turns toward the portal,"This is going to be the start of a new you!" She exclaims, and they step in together.

My take on how Snow convinced Bigby to join Fabletown. The comics say he was reluctant, but Snow eventually got through to him. It was also mentioned that it took about 100 years to finally get Bigby to join, so I figured I'd use that information to my advantage. I took what little was given and actually created the scene as to what happened. I hope you liked it :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.