Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• edited August 2014

Is it just me or did TT get rid of the dislike button? What?

Anyway, Story time :D

Rose sat up in the bed she happen to fall asleep in last night. She'd been working in a mundy tavern for a few weeks now, and every night or so when her shift was over, she'd take the hottest looking guy out for a little more than a drink.

Of course, she usually charged them. She would date a few now and again, mooching off of their cash accounts. Only if they were rich. Her apartment was several blocks from Fabletown, and she liked it that way. Far enough away from her sister without having to feel too far from her regular Fable friends. The few that she had, that is.

Which reminded her. Jack had asked her if she wanted to grab something to bite later. She figured he just wanted to get in her pants like any other guy who she comes across. She was still contemplating on saying yes or not. She sat up, staring at the time on the alarm clock across from her. It was 6 AM and the guy next to her was sleeping like a baby. She had to make her move quick, leave before he woke up to avoid making attachments with the guy. She'd made that mistake only a few times, and each time she had to change her mundy I.D. so he wouldn't find her apartment. She got up, got dressed, and snuck out of the apartment. She didn't even know where she was. They could be in Queens, or it could be the South Bronx area. She knew the city enough to get home, though.

She took the subway down to the Fabletown-area, only a few blocks from Bullfinch. She rarely walked down Bullfinch and only did so when she absolutely had to. She made it clear that she did not want to face her sister, nor the possibility of ever running into her accidentally. She stuck her hands into her pockets and kept her head held high. She figured she'd run into at least one Fable over here. They liked to use this particular subway to get places when they didn't have a car.

"Well, well. Isn't it my red-headed beauty!" She heard from behind.

Rose cringed, turning around. "Oh, it's you," she said, narrowing her eyes.

"You remember me? It's been what- A few months?" The man gave a creepy smile. This was the last mundy she wanted to run into. She slept with him, thinking he was the rich yoga guru he made himself to be. It turned out he was poor as fuck and stole the suit he was wearing from the dry cleaners he worked at. Or used to work at.

"Unfortunately," She said. She began to walk away as fast as she could.

"Hey, not so fast, sweetheart." He started to follow her up the subway stairs.

"Leave me alone," She said sternly. He grabbed her arm and dragged her down.

"Hey! I'm talkin' to you. Wanna know somethin' sweety? I got a job down here. I can take you to a nice dark utility closet, we can have some fun!"

"Get the fuck away, creep!" She yelled. How much she'd wished someone else got off at this stop. It was just the two of them. That was what she got for leaving so early.

His strength was surprising. He must have worked out since the last time she saw him.

"Help! Someone! Anyone!" she yelled. The man pulled his hand over her mouth and began dragging her. The next train wouldn't arrive for another 15 minutes and not many people went out this early around this part of town.

Rose began to loose consciousness because she couldn't breath well. She heard a door creak open and felt herself fall to the ground. The last bit of light that spilled in from the doorway began to decrease.

Until....

"Hey! The fuck are you doing!" She heard another male voice.

The man let go of her, trying to cover his tracks,"I, uhm,..." He began. With his guard down, Rose stood up shakily and kick the back of his knee, sending him to the ground.

"Fuck!" The man yelled. she probably broke his knee.

The other man emerged in the doorway. Jack Horner.

"Figures," Rose said, her hand on her hips.

"What?" He asked.

"That you, of all people, would show up." She gave the man on the ground a kick in the groin as she walked past him.

"I heard the cries of a woman in danger. I am here to save you!"

"I'm fine."

"You didn't look fine when I saw you being dragged into a storage closet."

"I kick the crap out of him."

"Not without my help. I got him distracted for you."

"Yeah, whatever." Rose looked back down at the guy, who was writhing in pain. She looked back at Jack,"Maybe I'll take you up on your offer."

"Which one?" Jack asked.

"The dinner one. Tonight sound good?"

"I'll have to check my calender and see if I'm free," He joked.

"Alright." They stepped out of the closet and she locked the door behind her. Someone might find him soon. Maybe.

This one I thought was pretty good. Gives you on some insight of what Rose might have had to deal with in the city living such a risque lifestyle. Based on right before she started dating Jack, a possible reason for them to have started dating in the first place.

• Yeah! Welcome dude. I haven't read you chapters yet but I'll work on it soon as I can! You write a lot!

zgamer posted: »

THE HEART MADE OF CLAY CH. 3 Part 3 Clay looked up to see Bigby push the Aggie off of him, pick up a small nightstand nearby and swing

• Yeah, they have been talking bout getting rid of the dislike button for awhile. Some people were abusing it.

Anyways, LOVED this! This was the last mundy she wanted to run into. She slept with him, thinking he was the rich yoga guru he made himself to be. It turned out he was poor as fuck and stole the suit he was wearing from the dry cleaners he worked at. Or used to work at.

Oh this made my day! L>oving how you are giving some insight to the characters mentioned in the comic. Loving me some Red, though!

EMMYPESS posted: »

Is it just me or did TT get rid of the dislike button? What? Anyway, Story time Rose sat up in the bed she happen to fall asleep in

• Prologue

"Reasons for everything"

"It hurts to know...you'll never remember that things I'll never forget."

I didn't cry the entire time it happened. I didn't cringe, nor did I try to fight back. I stood there, like a good boy should and watched. My father stood behind me, holding my head very still; it fit perfectly inside his massive palms, as he forced me to continue to watch.

Before us, there were three male wolves; one was gray and the other two black with some white. The largest male, the gray wolf, dug his massive paws into the earth, as he tried to fight back the other two. They were fighting over a Rabbit carcass, as one of the black wolves took the lifeless creature into its mouth and tear open the belly. He began feasting on the insides, as the other two snarled and bared fangs. The gray wolf grabbed the Rabbit's back feet and with his mighty jaws, yanked it clean off the body.

"LOOK! Don't you fuckin' try to turn away, you little wank! THIS is for your own good!"

My father continued to hold my head until the other black wolf grabbed the other foot, pulled it off and ran into the dark forest. The gray one would follow, as would the other. I swallowed back the tears, as my father gathred the remains of the Rabbit and tossed it at my bare feet. As I reached down to pick it up, he slammed his boot into my rib cage, which caused me to glide across the dirt and into a puddle of mud.

"You barmpot," hissed my father, as I tried standing up. "Look at you-all shanky and pathetic. I don't know why ye' mother pitys you..."

As I leaned against a large oak tree, he grabbed my shirt collar and held it tight. His face was inches from mine; I could smell the alcohol lingering on his lips.

"This is what you get! YOU deserve punishment for makin' me look foolish! You can sleep outside tonight but by tomorrow morning, I outta give ye' such a whoopin', ye' won't feel nothin' till the cows come home, you fuckin' prick! I hope that Crooked bastards wants you..."

He spat into my face, as he threw me back to the ground. Never had I been so pleased to lay perfectly still in the dirt. He staggered off towards the cottage. When I knew he was gone, I gathred what remained of the Rabbit. I carefully picked the twigs and bugs along his fur, as I craddled him close to my chest. I could no longer hold back, as the tears poured down onto the tattered and dirty fur.

"I'm....I'm...I'm so sorry, Hopper. I'm so...sorry..he..he-he hurt you. You're free, now....you're free...."

I began walking aimlessly around the shadows. The moon hung above my head, as the white glow danced along the ripples from the pond and a blanket of stars guided me in the dark. Several large frogs croaked from the distant, as a large Owl swooped down and hid in the shadows. The cattails waved in the wind, as I found a tiny boulder sitting beside the lake.

"Remember, Hopper? This is where we met...." I began digging into the Earth. "Remember...you were so small..."

The tears were burning, as my fingers dug deeper into the wet soil. Wipping them away didn't help, so I discontinued to do so. They carelessly dropped into the ground, as I completed my task. I grabbed Hopper and planted a long, loving goodbye onto his head. Believe it or not, that was the only thing the wolves DIDN'T take. Guess they felt some pity and sympathy for the British lad losing his beloved pet.

"I love you, Hopper...I'll see you soon..."

I stroked his left ear, closed my eyes and pictured a very tiny Rabbit; one with chestnut brown fur, beady black eyes and long, pointed whiskers. He was a runt when I found him and for weeks, I kept him in a shoe box inside my closet. Days and nights, he and I would sit and talk. He understood me, I know he did. There were times, I think I understood him, too. I loved Hopper. He was my only friend.

"Goodbye, Hopper...I'm so sorry...." As I covered him with the dirt and said my farewells one last time, I heard the stomping of boots behind me. The grass would crunch beneath, as heavy breathing and the snapping of twigs followed. I blocked out the noise, closed my eyes and waited. It came to a stop; the noise of crickets and frogs began to drown out the rest of the world.

"Georgie! My God, there you are!" It was Ben, my older brother. He was considered a friend like Hopper. Not like the others. He loved me and I knew it, too. "Georgie, look at me...why are you outside?"

"Dad...he...Ben, he-"

When Ben noticed the freshly dug up shallow grave, he turned and gave me a nod. Ben understood what I was going through. He received some of the harsh punishments gave bestowed upon us kids; I got them more than the others but he still understood. He lifted up my Bowler hat and noticed fresh bruising and cuts along my forehead. He dabbed his fingers into the lake and tried cleaning the wounds.

"Its okay now, Georgie. C'mon. Its getting late and the Fog is beginning to set in-"

"I won't go back to that retched man! You can't make me, Benjamin! I won't!"

"Georgie, where shall you go, then? There is nothing out here!"

"There is nothing back there, either..."

Ben scanned the area. He looked up into the sky and then back into the darkness. He grabbed my hand. I pulled away. He glared at my palms; there was a fresh wound and pieces of flesh hanging off my palm. Even though the dirt was caked on, it didn't matter.

"My God, Georgie. What the fuck did he do to you?" I refused to answer him, as the tears continued to pour down. "GEORGIE! Look at me! What did he do...what did he....my God, no..."

"Hopper..."

Ben placed me onto his shoulders, as we walked into the forest. I could hear him sniffling. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"Well, bloody let's go, then, before the fat ol' bastard desides to finish ye' off. There is a tiny cave not too far from here. You can hid out there until he is well again."

I didn't want to go back but what else was I to do? Too young to get my own home or leave, so with a heavy heart, Ben marched on into the woods until he came across the tiny cave. He helped build a sturdy fire and placed a large piece of wood over the opening. as the flames engulfed the wood, he dug into his pocket and pulled out some bread.

"Here. Eat this to help fill your belly. Warm it up, like this." I inhaled the roll, as Ben kissed my cheek.

"Stay here, Georgie. Whatever you do, DO NOT open this, ya' hear me? Eat, then close your eyes and rest. I will be here when the sun rises up."

Ben ventured off into the dark. I continued to watch, hoping my brother would return sooner than dawn. But as the moon shifted across the night sky and the animals continued to sing their lullabies, I knew he wasn't returning sooner than I had hoped. as I sighed and tried to warm myself along the fire, there was another noise, followed by an eerie blue glow. It moved along the wooden door; a blue orb peered through the cracks. It began to chuckle.

'Well, hello there, lad. Might I join you in the comfort of the warmth? I'm mighty cold out here and worried I'll get sick."

"My brother..he said-don't..."

"Your brother is a very smart young man, as are you. But I will not harm you. All I want is friendship and a warm place to rest my head."

I hesitated at first but something told me to open up. As I took the board down, a black orb with a blue glow floated inside the cave. He appeared to be a lost spirit; the Homelands were full of these spirits, as I recall Ben explaing to me they were harmless. I smiled, as he took a spot beside the fire.

"Friendship?"

"Sure! Why not, kid!" Name is Nick. What is your name?"

"Georgie. My name, is Georgie Porgie."

After discussing a few details to JJwolf, he asked polietly if I would take the time to show a few sections of Georgie's life back in the Homelands. As you can see, it was no better than it is in Fabletown. From this point, I will find my way back to the present time in Fabletown, where I will begin my next Fable. NOT sure yet on WHO but am starting to write down ideas. You guys have anything you'd like to see, hit me up. :)

• Welcome to our little fabulous, fun loving little group we have here. :) I've read your chapters and I must say, glad you decided to join. Great work and can't wait to read more from you.

THE HEART MADE OF CLAY CH. 3 Part 3 Clay looked up to see Bigby push the Aggie off of him, pick up a small nightstand nearby and swing

• what the hell, pie...my god! First, it was all about love and finding 'the' one. Now, you are creating tear jerkers....

I read the rough draft you created for Georgie. You must have added more because this is so sad. To watch your friend die like that. your own father treating you like nothing. I'm interested in ben now. Is the crooked bastard the CM by any chance. I know in the game, he mentioned a 'promise to a dying mother.' Can't wait to see how you do this or for your other tale! I'd love to see it on junior!

pudding_pie posted: »

Prologue "Reasons for everything" "It hurts to know...you'll never remember that things I'll never forget." I didn't cry the entire

• Yeah! I've been so used to writing Snow that I had to edit this post and correct myself lmao! I'd love to write more about Rose, and many other characters. It gives me something else to write while I wait a while for my other story. I think I'm going to take a break from the other just to recollect my thoughts and figure out what to do next, y'know? I also want to read the next issue and incorporate it, but that won't be for another couple days. Thanks!

Yeah, they have been talking bout getting rid of the dislike button for awhile. Some people were abusing it. Anyways, LOVED this! This

• Wow, this hit me hard. I read the beginning and wanted to cry. Georgie had it so rough. It's nice that he found a spirit friend in the end, but god. That poor rabbit. I also didn't know he had a brother. That's kinda cool. I wonder what happened to the guy? Really awesome prologue :)

Prologue "Reasons for everything" "It hurts to know...you'll never remember that things I'll never forget." I didn't cry the entire

• Good riddance to them for removing the dislike button, I personally think it's for the best.

Apart from that, luckily Jack was there to save the day, yet again. (fortunately and unfortunately)

Is it just me or did TT get rid of the dislike button? What? Anyway, Story time Rose sat up in the bed she happen to fall asleep in

• Ah, nice to see Ethan's buddy again! (am I right?) And I might recommend some stuff for you to do, but first I gotta create more chapters for Tezoth. I got things planned, ya see.

• Yes, sir! That is correct! :)

Oh, some stuff, huh? Hmmm. Now you have my curiosity....:D Can't wait to see the big plan!

Ah, nice to see Ethan's buddy again! (am I right?) And I might recommend some stuff for you to do, but first I gotta create more chapters for Tezoth. I got things planned, ya see.

• We know so little, other than he met Vivian during the Exile. I wanted to give him SOME background and how he ended up the way he is and how that ties in with Lyla and the kids. Just a few, then on to the next challenge! :)

Wow, this hit me hard. I read the beginning and wanted to cry. Georgie had it so rough. It's nice that he found a spirit friend in the end,

• edited August 2014

Well, don't challenge me! lol

I MIGHT do Junior's tale because I have an idea brewing in regards to Bloody Mary. :D

JJwolf posted: »

what the hell, pie...my god! First, it was all about love and finding 'the' one. Now, you are creating tear jerkers.... I read the rough

• Awesome!

And yes, maybe I'll include the plan to be some sort of F.S.A. challenge for a later date. :D

Yes, sir! That is correct! Oh, some stuff, huh? Hmmm. Now you have my curiosity....:D Can't wait to see the big plan!

• Thanks for the welcome pudding_pie. I'm trying to catch up with the stories and yours are on the top of my list, so I can't wait to read them :)

Welcome to our little fabulous, fun loving little group we have here. I've read your chapters and I must say, glad you decided to join. Great work and can't wait to read more from you.

• Yeah. I'm a bit wordy with my work, especially since it's a posting originally on fanfiction that I put on here. Don't feel rushed though :)

Yeah! Welcome dude. I haven't read you chapters yet but I'll work on it soon as I can! You write a lot!

• Man, that hit me in the feels to read that first third especially. Very powerful imagery and tone throughout the section and it seems like an organic origin for Georgie. Just a little clean up to the formatting and it'll be perfect.

• Yeah! I hate him but for some reason, I keep him around. I guess it's for comic relief.

Good riddance to them for removing the dislike button, I personally think it's for the best. Apart from that, luckily Jack was there to save the day, yet again. (fortunately and unfortunately)

• Sweet! I can't wait :)

We know so little, other than he met Vivian during the Exile. I wanted to give him SOME background and how he ended up the way he is and how that ties in with Lyla and the kids. Just a few, then on to the next challenge!

• You should have Rose beat him up, with a good reason behind it, of course. ;)

Yeah! I hate him but for some reason, I keep him around. I guess it's for comic relief.

• Thank you! Appreciate that! :D

The BG and bio the internet has for the song is nice and all but considering the Georgie WE dealt with in the game, I wanted to go beyond and create what you just read. He had a terrible childhood, which caused him to have an awful life in Fabletown and here we are. :) A lot of people hated the guy...I felt bad for him, I guess.

Man, that hit me in the feels to read that first third especially. Very powerful imagery and tone throughout the section and it seems like an organic origin for Georgie. Just a little clean up to the formatting and it'll be perfect.

• edited August 2014

Toad walked over to the egg incubator, the same one they use to hatch baby chickens. 4 little eggs lay inside, sitting stiller than ever. He was so proud of his wife, being able to lay 4. He walked over to their bed and kissed her forehead. She was exhausted. They were glamoured for the first time in ages. Toad sat there on the edge of his bed, staring at his babies. He worried they would have to go to the farm after this. He couldn't afford 4 more glamours, that was too much for him.

He decided to get a little bit of rest. He crawled next to his wife, sleeping soundly and softly. In the morning, they'd feel a little better. They were going to take the eggs to Swineheart, maybe he could see if they were growing well or something.

Toad woke up early, his wife already awake and in the rocking chair. She was staring at the eggs, eagerly awaiting for her husband to wake up. Toad sat up, stretching his arms and legs out. They'd only been glamoured a short amount of time; He wasn't used to being so tall and looking so different. His wife was beautiful. She was always beautiful, no matter what form she took. They gathered the eggs, wrapping them in warm blankets and sticking them in a basket. His wife carried them as they walked the snow-plowed path to the hospital.

Toad stopped at a hot dog stand, fishing his wallet from his pocket. The vendor was as bundled as they were, the cold creating icicles around their eyebrows. He ordered 2 dogs, one for him and one for his wife. He handed the man the money and turned to see that his wife had a head start. Her eagerness must have been through the roof.

He started to walked toward her. That was when she slipped on the ice. The basket of their babies flew into the air. Toad dropped the hot dogs and ran over, trying to catch his children and save them. But it was too late. The basket landed face down. His wife's head was starting to bleed out into the snow, dying it a dark red. Toad fell to his knees in anguish. He was a block from the hospital, but there was nothing he could do. It only took seconds for others to respond. A few familiar Fables witnessed the accident and called Swineheart on a payphone.

Toad felt utterly helpless. He didn't even want to look under the basket; he knew his children probably didn't make the fall. But, something in him told him he'd better double-check. He lifted it cautiously, and for every broken egg his heart sank deeper.

But then there was one. One egg, still whole.

Still alive.

Toad scooped it up and cradled it near his chest. He shuffled over to his dying wife and wrapped his arms around her head, weeping.

"Moira, it's going to be alright, sweety. Just hang in there. Please..." He begged her. She didn't respond right away. He watched her attempt to open her eyes.

"Toad, dear.....the...babies." She tried to say.

"Shh, shh. Relax, we're getting help for all of you," Toad said. He was trying to hold back all the tears, but it was so hard. He knew she wasn't going to make it.

"Toad, I love you..." She whispered. He watched as her eyes fell to the back of her head. The special Fabletown Ambulance came around the corner. All of this happened within a single minute.

The worst minute of Toad's life.

T.T Sad, I know. Really sad. I figured a guy like Toad wouldn't have just left his wife. I figured something tragic must have happened to her, for her not to be around. I also figured they laid more than one egg, and this was also the reason Toad only had one child with him. So yeah. Sorry for probably making you cry.

• The hell, man....my eyes...

Ugh. I hate Toad but this...God, all this! I often wondered that myself while playing the game. Look at us lately. Creating BG stories for these characters. But it all makes sense.

I loved this. Sad but loved it. :) My eyes, though...

Toad walked over to the egg incubator, the same one they use to hatch baby chickens. 4 little eggs lay inside, sitting stiller than ever. He

• Lol, I know. I was getting real sad just writing it. But you're right. It makes sense and doesn't interfere with any canon information, for the most part. Little TJ was Toad's only good news, and even then the bad outweighed the good for the time being.

The hell, man....my eyes... Ugh. I hate Toad but this...God, all this! I often wondered that myself while playing the game. Look at us la

• Just that whole scene with the basketand as he's lifting it up, noticing the broken egss. Ugh! Feels! Crying over here like a baby! :'( It would also make sense why he is so protective of his kid.

Loved this to the bitter end. :(

Lol, I know. I was getting real sad just writing it. But you're right. It makes sense and doesn't interfere with any canon information, for

• Bigby pushed the key into the door to his newly appointed apartment. The recent construction of the Woodland's apartments was loud and tedious, but he was finally happy to have a place in it. He shoved the door open and noticed how visibly small it was.

"They might as well gave me a fucking closet," He muttered. It wasn't much bigger than his previous tenements; A spare room above the Eggman Diner.

He tossed his suitcase of clothes on the ground and observed the place. At least he was finally on his own. He slicked his hair back with his hands and pulled his trench coat off. Home sweet home.

Bigby wasn't there for more than 5 minutes when there was a knock at his door.

Exasperated, he said,"Coming, coming. Hold your damn horses." He opened the apartment door.

"Bigby Wolf?" The guy asked.

"Yeah, that's me. Whataya want?"

"Miss White ordered some furniture for your new apartment. It's uh, coming up in a few."

"You came here to warn me or something?"

"Sort of. I guess. Anyway, just be ready when the guys moving it get here."

"No problem." Bigby shut the door before the other guy could get another word out. Now he was getting some furniture. Fantastic.

He appreciated her help. He just wish she'd keep her distance more often. His senses went crazy whenever Snow was anywhere near him, and frankly, it bothered him.

He didn't want to be attracted to her. Well, maybe he did, just a little bit. He grumbled his way to his new refrigerator, already plugged in and ready for him to stock it with beer and eggs. He continued to look in each cupboard, checking to see how much room he'd really gotten.

"This place is a piece of shit," He said to himself. The door had a knock at it again. He sighed and walked over, opening it and letting the furniture movers bring in an ugly recliner.

"Just my luck. She got me a chair." He said. He watched them place it in his living room area.The apartment's only other door was to the bathroom, so he'd figured he would just sleep on the couch. The next item of interest came through the door, a brand new television with a stand.

"A little better," He said. They left it at the door so he could set it up where he wanted it. The TV sat on it's stand all big and shiny, and he plugged it in to make sure it worked. On the screen was that black and white fuzziness you see when there's bad reception.

"Great. I'll need to call and set the cable up or something. Ugh, I hate dealing with mundies."

The last 2 things were being brought in. A desk and a chair for it. Something Bigby could use to keep his police reports, he was sure. He took the desk from the movers with a single hand and lifted it to wear he wanted it.

"Oh boy! You're strong, Bigby," said Flycatcher as he adjusted his hat.

"Yeah, I guess. Thanks for helping to bring my stuff up, Fly."

"No problem, Sheriff. I'll see you whenever you come down to the lobby. That's where you appointed me to work, right?"

"Exactly. Now get a move on," Bigby said. He sat down at his new desk, opening the empty drawers. He wondered how long it was going to take to fill up.

He sat back, looked around. It was small, but he didn't particularly care anymore. It's better than nothing.

Just a possible scenario of how Bigby got his little apartment and what he owns within. I dunno, not anything super important. But it's something, y'know?

• edited August 2014

And so my tale come to a conclusion, thank you all to everyone who took the time to read my tales. I am glad the i came across this creative thread and all of it's creative storytellers. With that I will leave you this, my final piece.

Alt text

Chapter 12 Brave New World

Many days have pasted since the great battle in the homelands. Though the war may be over, the free fables still bare the heavy burden of mourning the love of their family and friends much like one of our heroes, Daren. Who lost his life to fighting. Like his fellow comrades he was buried in the cemetery of the first town he visited during the first trip to the Mundy world, Baltimore,Maryland.

Bibi and her two children who are all grown up visit his grave to leave roses on Daren graves and mourn their fallen hero.

"Daren.... you said... You said this was over, we would be a family again. I... "

"Mom..."

"I'm sorry kids, its just.. Your father really pissed me off.."

"No he did what he had to do mom, HE DIED A HERO!"

"Omar... you sound just like him when I first met him many years ago..."

They 3 said one final goodbye before they left the cemetery. Rain then began to fall gently from the sky and then the moon began to rise slowly into the dark sky. A wolf like figure then approaches Daren's grave.

"Alright old friend, it's time to wake up.. We both know that it's not your time yet... so RAISE UP!"

"DAREN? WAKE THE FUCK UP ALREADY!"

A hand then reaches out of Daren's grave and extends it's claws.

Alt text

Finally, Daren emerges from the grave and takes a deep breath and looks at Etan in disgruntled way.

"ETAN... Are you crazy? What if someone seen you?"

"Well Daren, its dark out and raining... So tell me who would be out here, in a cemetery at this time besides the usual?"

"WHO ARE THE USUAL'S?!"

"You know Daren, if you are still grumpy you can hope right back into your box and we can try this again tomorrow..

"Just forget.. where are my clothes?

"By the tree but it's- What the hell are you doing?"

"I need go for a run. I haven't transformed in like week..and I'm starved."

"You are going to go hunt a mundy animals while there's a restaurant down the street?"

"They don't serve deer..."

Daren undressed and began to transform into his werecat and then jumped on a rock and gazed at the moon, he thought about returning to his family but he fear it would be too soon. So waited for the right time, however that didn't mean he couldn't watch over them and make sure his wife wouldn't take up a new boyfriend...

Before Daren set out for his hunt, Etan told Daren about a special errand he wants him to accompany him on back in the homelands. He informs Daren that he recruited two fables by the name of Draco and Robby to assist them.

At first Daren laughs but suddenly a Dragon descends to the ground and turns into a young. Then, two more young men appears out of the shadows and greets everyone.

"Daren, allow me to introduce you too the two fables I was talking about. Draco the half human/dragon and Robby and his brother Walter, two sons of Robin Hood."

"You kidding me right?"

"No...no I am not this time Daren. This time I'm serious. The Empire may be gone, but some people or goblins have a hard time getting that through their thick skull. So...what do you say Daren? One more adventure for old times sake?

"How... could I even.... resist?"

"Then it is settled!"

"But first I need to eat, Etan. I'm starving."

"We'll get food on the way, Daren. Let's set out while it's dark in the homelands."

And so, Daren, Etan, Draco, Robby and Walter set out into the homelands to vanquish renegades of the fallen empire to ensure that it would never rises up ever again. With the powers and strength of a werecat... a werewolf... a dragon... and two skilled archers and swordsmans, they brought a end to their enemies and those who would threaten the lives of their fellow fables.

They are the Avengers....of Fables.....? Yeah that works... and together they are unstoppable...

EVIL...BEWARE!

Alt text Alt text Alt text Alt text Alt text

Closes Book..

• Congrats on finishing yet another fun and brilliant tale! :)

I love how all the characters came together in the end to fight evil in Fabletown. Enjoyed that part! And the picture, too! Congrats once more. Your stories were very vivid and fun to read.

MasterStone posted: »

And so my tale come to a conclusion, thank you all to everyone who took the time to read my tales. I am glad the i came across this creative

• I hope this isn't some sort of goodbye you're hinting at us. Although, if it is, it has really been fun reading your stories. They have been a great addition to this thread. :)

And so my tale come to a conclusion, thank you all to everyone who took the time to read my tales. I am glad the i came across this creative

• edited August 2014

"Harmony, it's late. You coming inside and going to bed yet?" Tim called from inside the apartment.

"I'm not...finished...yet," I said in between breaths. I kept the same quick pace, practicing the same blows I learned earlier on the training dummy.

"You've been hitting that thing all day long," He patronized. He was in the doorway now, staring at me as I punched my fist into the dummy's face. I kept going.

"You don't...understand!" I was angry now.

"You need to calm down." Tim said sternly.

"Don't tell me what to do!" I say. I punch the dummy so hard that it's head pops off, flying of the balcony and down the side of the building.

Tim is around me now, holding me steady. I look down at my knuckles, bruised from punching all day.

"Shh," Tim says in my ear. I go limp in his arm and I feel so exhausted.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. We walk into the bedroom together and I sit on the edge of our bed. Tim takes a spot beside me, his arm around my waist.

He asks,"Why? Why are you...training yourself?"

I huff, still out of breath,"You...you don't understand." I say.

"Bull shit. Tell me."

I sigh, laying back on the bed. Tim copies me, then twists onto his side so he can see my face. He supports his head with his arm and starts twisting his fingers in my hair.

"You've seen it. The tensions are rising. Shit is about to go down, Tim."

He learns his head down, pressing his nose into my neck and whispers,"I know. I see it."

I take my had and run my fingers through his hair,"I just...want to be prepared. I want to be able to...defend myself. You know?"

"I know," He starts to kiss my neck.

"The worst part is," I pause, shifting myself out from under him,"I still can't pick the side I want to fight on. Hell, if I could have my way, there wouldn't be a side to fight on. There wouldn't be a fight."

Tim sits up so our eyes are level. He nods saying,"I know."

I wipe the sweat off of my forehead and walk toward the bathroom. In the mirror, I stare at the bruises I gave myself today. Some on my shins, most on my hands. I rub my knuckles softly, wincing at anything more than a brush over them. I start the shower, getting undressed and stepping in. Nothing feels better right now than a cold shower. I hear Tim in the other room. The familiar sound of his brace hitting the floor. I don't need to help him get his shirt off anymore. I get out, the towel wrapped around my body. He's laying down, drifting away.

Instead of heading for the dresser, I crawl onto the bed. He doesn't expect it when I start to kiss him.

Tim smiles and turns out the lights.

Oh my, Harmony XD But anyway, Harmony is having a hard time deciding on things. She definitely knows there will be a fight, and whether it's a solo battle between Rose and Snow, or an all out war involving thousands, she wants to be prepared no matter what. She loves her family so much that her pending decision is killing her. She doesn't want to make the wrong choice, but which choice is wrong? Who is the bad guy? Why will there even be a war? I'd tell you these answers, except that the comics haven't given me a single sentence to help. The next issue is out tomorrow, I should be able to read it some time this week, whenever I get to getting it.

• edited August 2014

Coming soon

"Urban Legends and Fables"

Alt text

Georgie Porgie is a Fable in himself. Now, his eldest son Junior is finding his place in the Fable community. Beside him, legendary Bloody Mary and their four 'devilish' offspring will follow and continue their ever changing journey in Fabletown.

I DRASTICALLY changed Junior's story, so here is a new bio of him. Chapters coming soon. :) BTW, will throw Peter in there as well, just for those that were hoping for a Peter comeback.

Name: Georgie Porgie Junior

Occupation: Bartender at the Trip Trap. (Thanks uncle Gren, for putting in a good word.)

Kids: 4; one boy George age 4, Sheila age 2; twin girls Aubrey and Sophia 8months

Partner: Bloody Mary.

So, how DID these two get together?: At his cousin's birthday, Junior was dared to say 'Bloody Mary' five times in the bathroom mirror, with nothing but a single candle as his light. At first, he refused to take part in the childish game but when the taunting began, he didn't hesitate to take on the challenge. He managed to say her name four times before thinking how silly he looked. When he decided to leave, Mary stood behind him in her true form. The teen backed into the shower and begged the creature for his life. Taking pity on the poor boy and noticing WHO he was, she spared his life and vanished into the mirror. Later that week, curious as to why she decided to leave him, he summoned her once more. Mary was expecting the boy and the two became very close in a short amount of time. Before his eightenth birthday, Mary left a permanent mark located on his back, allowing everyone to know WHO he belongs to.

"Daddy. The kitchen is on fire again."

"What?"

"The twins. They are throwing fire at each other again and the kitchen-"

"Where...uh, man. Where is mommy?"

"In the kitchen."

"Then why are you in here waking me up, bubba? Have mommy-"

"She's laughing at them. Sheila is laughing. They think its funny...I'm scared, daddy."

I began detecting a hint of smoke, as I slowly made my way to the door. I wrapped my robe around, grabbed my frightened son and headed into World War 3. Yup. Never a dull moment in the Porgie and Mary household.

Welcome to my hell.

Coming soon :)

Enjoy

• I AM MOST EXCITE FOR THIS! :D

Alt text

Coming soon "Urban Legends and Fables" Georgie Porgie is a Fable in himself. Now, his eldest son Junior is finding his place in th

• I love you, my killer psychopath
    'Right back at you, Porgie.'

LOVE how she never says his name. It's ALWAYS Porgie! XD

Anyways, I agree with Chuck. I'm excited to see this. The first few lines alone made me laugh hysterically! And that picture! :D

Can't wait, Pie! Oh and Peter!!! Love me some Peter, too!

Coming soon "Urban Legends and Fables" Georgie Porgie is a Fable in himself. Now, his eldest son Junior is finding his place in th

• Such great writing! Leaves you hungry for more. A warm welcome to you, too.

• Oh, Georgie :( I can't help but sympathise for the poor boy. I really liked your description of the landscape, the little details brought it to life. Also, I was wondering what made Georgie's Dad that way? Did he have a bad upbringing or was he just a natural prick?

• The more I read these sad tales, the more I miss Harmony and Mary! This is thought out very well though, and I think you've captured those few moments in which Moira slipped and died in a realistic way, in the sense that it would be brief.

Now, where did I put that box of tissues?

Toad walked over to the egg incubator, the same one they use to hatch baby chickens. 4 little eggs lay inside, sitting stiller than ever. He

• Fable Avengers Assemble! :P That's a great ending.

I too really hope you're not leaving - your stories have always been so action-packed and fun! If you do feel it's the right time to leave, then it's been great having you here! :)

• This is probably the wrong thing to focus on, but I kind of wonder where that dummy head ended up. Anyway, the tension is certainly mounting, so I'm hooked to see what happens!

"Harmony, it's late. You coming inside and going to bed yet?" Tim called from inside the apartment. "I'm not...finished...yet," I said in

• edited August 2014

8 month old babies throwing fireballs at each other seems oddly normal after everything on this thread :P excited to see where you take them, Pie; are you still going to introduce that new Fable you mentioned a bit back?

• Haha, yeah. I want to write about the other story more often, but it's hard with the comics that come out only once a month. I want to move on, but I can't write about stuff that hasn't yet happened, you know? Today the next issue comes out so hopefully I will get it today or some time this week, when I have the time.

LupineNoir posted: »

The more I read these sad tales, the more I miss Harmony and Mary! This is thought out very well though, and I think you've captured those f

Sign in to comment in this discussion.