Q&A With the Team

Comments

• edited July 2009
    since the clock just passed 13 here in norway, my guess is AT LEAST another hour... Thnx a lot TT! Meh.
  • edited July 2009
    Whilst we're waiting, I'm gonna resurrect the "which MI is best" discussion (I missed it whilst I was sleeping).
    I played them all in the correct order (woo!) and I have to admit I like them in this order: Curse, Revenge, Secret, Escape.

For me, Curse was everything I'd always hope for from a more advanced tech Monkey Island. The combination of the art, music and voices was so beautiful and it really immersed me in the world. For me it's a game experience unlike any other.
    I loved the twist ending on Revenge, and overall it's probably the best game from a puzzle point of view. I recognise it's brilliance, but I'm afraid Curse's charm wins for me.

I also quite enjoyed the way Curse tied up the loose ends from the end of Revenge. I don't like the idea that different designers had different ideas for the story of MI3, it makes me feel cheated as a follower of the series. So I just go along with whatever makes it into an official game, so I can have some sort of series story to follow. And it wasn't hard to agree with whatever Curse was telling me!
  • edited July 2009
    It's 4:10AM in California. At least 4-6 hours until it happens. There's really no point by going what time/date it is in your timezone.
  • edited July 2009
    Uk time 12:10
    i have to leave for work at 2! then not back till 11! bad times!
  • edited July 2009
    Is the game there yet?
  • edited July 2009
    SMI fav for me... I was at an impressionable age. Everything was just perfect.
  • edited July 2009
    theepgood wrote: »
    Uk time 12:10
    i have to leave for work at 2! then not back till 11! bad times!

I live in the netherlands, eg 1 hour later then you 13.10 here. Have to work at 3 and not be back till 12. That's exactly the same timeslot.
    But I know for sure that I'll be getting home earlier then you and play it just a few little seconds before you get to play it MUAHAHAHAHAHA
  • edited July 2009
    I can see the next 5 months being like this. kinda spooky.
  • edited July 2009
    ooohhhh I'm so excited ^_^

what times are people thinking so far??
  • edited July 2009
    Not sure if anyone has asked this yet - Is this forum now locked in terms of new users then?
  • edited July 2009
    reckon it's still open till the last chance to pre-order page is removed. I got here a couple of hours ago.
  • edited July 2009
    Ahh work is over in 2 hours and the i'll take the screaming narwale by its horn. Of course the game have to be released by that time. I hope.
  • edited July 2009
    8AM est time on July 7 :/ Wanted to kick off the download before I go to work.

This stinks like a lemon headed cannibal.
  • edited July 2009
    gamer56 wrote: »
    8AM est time on July 7 :/ Wanted to kick off the download before I go to work.

This stinks like a lemon headed cannibal.

Actually, I smelled Lemonhead, and he smells Lemon fresh!
  • edited July 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Yeah! Why should I have to work tomorrow?! I vote we all take the day off. Admittedly, there will be no one at work to actually launch the game, but I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind waiting another day.

You lot can take Wednesday-Friday off instead. That seems fair.

At this rate I might be home by the time the game appears. Only 4 hours left. Ill assume this has been done as a favour. :p
  • edited July 2009
    Does anyone know when the game is being released today ?
  • edited July 2009
    I want my monkeys :P

The wait is seriously bumming me out, but I'll live. Just a short while Mr. Threepwood, just a short while.
  • edited July 2009
    I just heard that the release date has been moved to the 15th.
  • edited July 2009
    Where'd you hear that?
  • edited July 2009
    No, that's the release date for the remake of "Secret of Monkey Island"
  • edited July 2009
    I'm not sure about that. Isn't it strange that a team member has not posted anything yet? This whole "waiting til they are in the office thing" seems strange to me. A world-wide release date of the 7th has been officially blown. I'm jest sayin' Arrgh.
  • edited July 2009
    I won't let you confuse me... until there is something official... I believe in release today... :D
  • edited July 2009
    Just be patient :-) I've got sources...
  • edited July 2009
    i hope they read the review and decided to change the controls, because holding left mouse button and dragging doesn't sound like too much fun :s
  • edited July 2009
    that review makes it sound promising. His mouse controls description sounds good to me, even though he didnt like it. :)
  • edited July 2009
    its 540 am in cali...these guys are probably sleeping...or in a mad rush to put the finishing touches!
  • edited July 2009
    I just played an episode of sam and max and they used the "click and drag" there. in my opininon it worked well
  • edited July 2009
    yup, I'm sorta hoping we see it by this hours end, if not I'm going back to bed xD
  • edited July 2009
    i played sam and max and i dont remember any click and drag there...
  • edited July 2009
    Perklausen wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the game is being released today ?

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9594

Make sure you read the first post, especially the part at the bottom.
  • edited July 2009
    really? I played episiode 1, season 2. and you could choose between "pointing and clicking" and "clicking and dragging" to move the character
  • edited July 2009
    We're all dancing around here - where is the game?
  • edited July 2009
    the tgm review has been taken down...no wait, its back :p
  • edited July 2009
    oh allright...i dont remember that...'cause i probably stayed away from that option like the plague :p
  • edited July 2009
    nah...that's SOMI:SE
  • edited July 2009
    oooooohhh I have to go to work now....
    hopefully i shall have a lovely email by the time i get home at 11pm GMT
  • edited July 2009
    This is not directly related to the new Monkey Island series, but I'm gonna abuse my exclusive pre-ordering privileges especially for this occasion. Yes, I'm that opportunistic.

I was wondering when - or if - you guys will overhaul the Telltale engine, or built a new new one in the foreseeable future.

It occurred to me during the demo of Wallace & Gromit (and prompting a similar feeling watching the first trailer of TMI) that your graphics engine seems outdated. While both Sam & Max's and SBCG4AP's art direction hide it pretty good, it becomes more apparent with your new IPs.

Just wondering what the plan is, if indeed there is one. I know you're a small but dedicated company, so I was curious if stuff like that is even on your agenda. ;)
This discussion has been closed.