Q&A With the Team

Comments

• edited July 2009
    When do the offices open?
  • edited July 2009
    Really? Are we doing the 'When's it out' dance yet again?

Oh well, something back on topic to be answered after the release, which I'm sure haven't been asked before.

What version control software do you guys use?

;)
  • edited July 2009
    personally, i think graphics shouldn't get in the way of story...or take away from it...i havent played w&g, but scored the new episode with tomi...i thought the graphics served s&m well.
  • edited July 2009
    9 am right? cali time...that would be in 3 hours?
  • edited July 2009
    So?!? Where's the game? WHERE's IS MY BLOODY GAMEEE!!!
    OH my god... I just can't resist...
    Guybrushhhhhhhhh....
  • edited July 2009
    Cant wait no more!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Can't you see this aalty old sea corpse pines for your every caress? :P
  • edited July 2009
    the last hours are the hardest, arn't they^^
    well iam done with work for to day, so i can wait for at least the next 10 hours xD

GIVE US THAT BLOODY MOTHERF*****G GAME!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    I-think-i'm-going-maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!
  • edited July 2009
    this is like a virtual waiting outside store before it opens simulation ;p
  • edited July 2009
    zenshark wrote: »
    this is like a virtual waiting outside store before it opens simulation ;p

without seeing and smelling those other wannabee-pirates :p
  • edited July 2009
    Abigor wrote: »
    without seeing and smelling those other wannabee-pirates :p

HAHA, guess we'll have to put up a webcam-show from the future to get that one xP
  • edited July 2009
    what would really suck is if we break the server! for a few days!
  • edited July 2009
    Anech wrote: »
    HAHA, guess we'll have to put up a webcam-show from the future to get that one xP

004_pics.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    Ok i went to bed a 6am cos i waited all night. I just woke up at 2pm and Oh Noooeeeess its still not out yet... Now i feel even more excited. Must... have.. Monkey Island...

Hmm if it was a virtual waiting outsides the shops simulation i would have had a virtual copy 5 hours ago. :P

Im sure it wont be to long now. We are a very impatiant lot arn't we?

I hope some people dont get to upset when they complete the first episode too quickly and have to wait a whole month for the next release. So calm down guys and savor the fiasta' o flavor!
  • edited July 2009
    review gives it a 8.5/10 sounds good to me
  • edited July 2009
    I don't get the pic. What is up with that?
  • edited July 2009
    What does this mean?
  • edited July 2009
    Pleeease people don't be so silly. Of course we're all excited because we haven't seen an episode of out favourite game in nine years :), but does this "I can't wait" stuff make you any happier? I hope I didn't start all this by writing "I can't sleep" in my first post. I couldn't sleep then because I had worked on an important software project and my head was too full of algorithms. Everyone please do something else until it comes out. Come back after a few hours and don't break the server with pressing "download" button in the second it appears. Or else we'll have to wait much longer :)

If you really can't get your mind off MI, start playing one of the old episodes. Just to get into the mood.
  • edited July 2009
    Oh I'm playing world of warcraft while I wait. :D

Its like haviung a nintendo DS at a store waiting to open except better :)

Or I would be if the servers were up, guess I'll play something on my 360 or wii.
  • edited July 2009
    Always controversial, isn't it? Some hate it, others love it, not too many opinions in the middle. Having a cliffhanger like that would have been a much better idea had Ron or any of us actually worked on the next game. Which, of course, we didn't, and poor Jonathan and Larry had to figure out what to do with it on their own. I thought their game was rather good.

I'm not going to say anything about what was or was not originally intended to follow that cliffhanger. I would caution you not to put too much faith into any particular rumor you might hear about it. Those who know don't tell, and those who tell don't know. Make up your own mind about what it means - that's what poetry is for (and, um, also the bizarre endings of funny computer games).

The plot thickens! :) That leaves me with two questions:

1. Why won't "those in the know" tell? (Will they ever change their minds?)

2. Surely the ending was quite clearly explained in the final moments of the game? We see "Chuckie" for his true self (Guybrush doesn't) and then we cut to Elaine, apparently alive and well and not a figment of anyone's imagination... So what we HAVE been told is actually quite clear, right?

Have you read the Scumm Bar's breakdown of the whole affair? Here it is, if you haven't:
    http://bit.ly/scummbar
    Many theories have floated over the web about what really was going on in Monkey Island. Some say there are portals in the pirate world around the Caribbean; or that the secret is the location of Monkey Island itself; or, finally, because of MI2's ending, that Guybrush is just a young boy who is visiting a theme park.

On these suggestions Ron Gilbert once commented, "One is closer than the others -- but not much".

Thanks for replying,
    - Johnny

PS - Really looking forward to Tales!
  • edited July 2009
    I'm not sure about that. Isn't it strange that a team member has not posted anything yet? This whole "waiting til they are in the office thing" seems strange to me. A world-wide release date of the 7th has been officially blown. I'm jest sayin' Arrgh.

They're in their bed now. And even it's not the case, that mean they spend all the night to ensure everything is ok (or drinking some champaign...).

By the way, we're almost there. :D
  • edited July 2009
    But by the 666 layers of the Abyss, where are you guy.brush?????
  • edited July 2009
    now it's 16:45 in Norway, and still no monkey island ready for download. My poor browser is tired of refreshing the downloadpage.
  • edited July 2009
    I want my Guybrush !
    Been looking forward to come home from work to download !

Hmpf.. Just have to wait some more then
  • edited July 2009
    Got some database errors accessing the forum. It Starts.
  • edited July 2009
    Heh i just decided to use my pre order coupon to buy an episode of Wallace and Gromit to pass the time.

The smell of adventure is filling the air!
  • edited July 2009
    nearly 1 am on the 8th!! they lied to me!!!!!! have to go to bed now or I wont get up for work... the game must now wait for about 20 hours before I get my next window of opertunity! :( going to bed and dreaming about MI...
  • edited July 2009
    ohhh yeah baby...i sure can smell it!

oh, wait, thats my socks...
  • edited July 2009
    MagooChris wrote: »
    nearly 1 am on the 8th!! they lied to me!!!!!! have to go to bed now or I wont get up for work... the game must now wait for about 20 hours before I get my next window of opertunity! :( going to bed and dreaming about MI...

Well, dreaming about it isn't that bad? xP

BTW, let's hope all the recent crashes leads us to an realese in about 6 minutes= 17.00 in norway!
  • edited July 2009
    so is anyone hitting f5 on the download page hoping the link will be active on the next refresh?
  • edited July 2009
    I don't think I'll be here when it finally gets released. I'm already having forum database problems too. :( But I'll be back tonight! Then the swashbuckling shall commence! Thank you telltale games!
  • edited July 2009
    so is anyone hitting f5 on the download page hoping the link will be active on the next refresh?

Hell yeah!

How did you know that? You read my mind with some stinking voodoo or something?
  • edited July 2009
    the server is going down somewhat frequently while refreshing now!! either we're too antsy, or its FINALLY here (hopefully both). And now I've taken advantage of my ability to post in the secret forum! :)
  • edited July 2009
    Got some database errors accessing the forum. It Starts.

Somewhere, deep within the caribbean, something stirs. Storm clouds gather. Rain starts to fall.

Two ships will clash. Jokes will be cracked. A villain will be "defeated". A pirate wannabe will make a terrible mistake. If you listen very carefully, you can hear the creak of masts and the flap of sails. And echoing eerily across the rolling waves, from out of the darkness, comes a demonic laugh of premature triumph...
  • edited July 2009
    I think we're breaking it =[
  • edited July 2009
    Well, now 17.00 release =(
  • edited July 2009
    Can't anyone from telltales team give us a hint about when the release is?

I know that you know it! And I know that you know that I want to know what you know..!
  • edited July 2009
    Eilien wrote: »

I know that you know it! And I know that you know that I want to know what you know..!

second that
  • edited July 2009
    Eilien wrote: »

They have said when it will be. It will be during the day, Pacific Time, on the 7th. It is currently 8:15AM Pacific. It'll probably be another hour or so.
This discussion has been closed.