TWD: The Fallen World

Comments

• [Leave immediately and risk both of your lives]

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 2: Volatile [Defend your work group] I turned my back to walk away, but the chilling thought of him

• Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 3: Ending the Insanity

[Leave immediately and risk both of your lives]

I thought about it for a while, the immense pain surging through me and Cyndia couldn’t stop us from freedom. I got up out of my bed, I woke up Cyndia and told her the plan essential to our escape. We limped to the door once we opened the cold air blew onto my chiseled face, the stars in the bright shining sky filled my heart with happiness. I ducked down when I found that Kieran got guards to keep him protected after the shit he pulled with Cyndia and I. I was then notified that Kieran had locked up the guns, I remembered that my combat knife was still locked in my room.

“I’m gonna sneak around to my room, it’s the only chance we have now!” I whispered with leadership

I slowly opened the door, I didn’t find anything out of place which was quite surprising. I opened the drawer, I picked up my razor edged blade. I quietly closed the door and found Kierans room light on, I motioned for everyone to run and hide. I peeked my head above the wall I was behind, Kieran was walking towards one of the guards I could see their mouths moving but couldn’t make out the words.

“What’s going on?’ asked Katie

“He’s talking to one of his guards, when did these people even get here?” I asked

“It was when you and Cyndia were knocked out, they came in the assault rifles we couldn’t do anything.” answered Cedric

I looked around to find an opening, I couldn’t conjure an escape plan now. Kieran entered his room without haste, I snuck to the door and looked through the foggy window. I found him sitting cross-legged on his bed twisting the knife against his finger, it was terrible what happened to his state of mind. First we were going take out the guards as quick as possible, but first we would need an appropriate weapon for a gunfight if it came to that. We came up to the door, I tried the knob and it was expectedly locked. I tried to break it open with the knife but came to the ending of no opened door, I had no idea how I was supposed to get to our weapons with the door locked and guards on patrol. Luckily a lightbulb lit up in my head and I snuck to the kitchen, I found the gun that was kept inside of the refrigerator. I had a grin on my face, I was almost ready for anything until I heard a bang on the door. I aimed the gun at the door, but came to find that no one tried to go through. Cedric creeped up to the door slowly, I had him stay alert in case someone did come through.

“Cover me, i’ll open it up and take a peek.” I whispered

“Where’s Maria?” asked Katie

“I think she’s still in her room.” I replied

“We need to bring her with us. She can’t stay here!” Cedric pleaded

“Alright, but what about Boniek, Mi-Cha-Choi, and Elias?” asked Katie

“We can pick them up along the way!” I implored

I creaked open the door slowly, it was starting to rain a bit I knew this could help in our silent approach to getting out of here. I looked around a bit and noticed one of the guards was closer to the door than he was before, I slowly and carefully closed the old door.

“There’s going to be thunder and lightning, this will help distract the guards from the noise we make.” I observed

“Once we leave where should we go?” asked Katie

“I don’t think we have to leave.” I maintained

I started to hear loud crashes of noise come from the dark and cloudy sky, I opened the door and took out the first guard before letting Cedric and Katie come out of the kitchen. We crouched down and slowly snuck to the door of Maria’s room, I knocked on the door as quiet as I could. Maria opened the door as slow as she could and poked her bright blue eyes out of the crack, I put a finger to my lips to indicate that she needed to be quiet. I entered the room along with Cedric and Katie and got a relief from the fear of getting shot by one of Kierans new goons.

“What are you all doing?” asked Maria with great concern

“We’re going to put a stop to the madness.” I answered without hesitation

“We want you to come with us!” gushed Katie

“I want to get out of here just as much as you do, I’m in!” replied Maria with happiness

I grunted a little while sneaking around, the wounds weren’t exactly helping me get around much and the same went for Cyndia. I found Boniek and Mi-Cha-Choi in their room and by the looks of it discussing something with each other, I repeated the same grueling process of trying to enter the warm rooms.

“What are you doing, don’t you know that if Kieran finds you he’ll kill you!” warned Boniek

“That’s a risk we’re willing to take, no one should live like this...like prisoners!” I fumed

“I’ll do anything to protect Mi-Cha, if your plan in any way threatens her life I won’t be a part of it!” reprimanded Boniek

“Not going through with this plan will be threatening her life!” I persuaded him

“Alright...alright fine.” murmured Boniek

Now that we were all together and ready to get rid of Kieran I felt a bit of leadership rise inside of me again, I now knew that the fire rises. My group took out the remainder of the guards until it was only Kieran left, I didn’t want to rush going in there in fear of him having a plan or weapon to use against us. He may be bat-shit crazy but is very intelligent, this is why he was so menacing. I got close to his door without making any loud or unnecessary movement that could give us away. I looked into the window yet again and found him sitting in a chair drinking whiskey, I couldn’t believe he was acting this calm. I got my gun ready and had my hand on the doorknob, the creeks were now less quiet and on a much grander scale as I threw the door open and had my weapon drawn on Kieran.

“Give me one good reason to not put a bullet between your forehead right now!” I roared

“Because that wouldn’t be satisfying enough for you...I know what you want to do to me. I’ve been thinking about it all day, you’re going to kill me slowly and painfully, but I could be wrong maybe you’ll just make it quick and painless. I have no preference choose what satisfies your inner demons the most Cody.” speculated Kieran

I couldn’t believe how right he was, I didn’t want to make it quick and painless I wanted to make this bastard pay for what he’s done to Cyndia and I along with god knows what he did to the rest of the group while I was incapacitated. I put the barrel to his head and gritted my teeth in front of the wicked man we used to call friend, I couldn’t believe that this is what it had come to between two people who used to be friends. No matter what I had to end this, he was clearly suffering from going insane. I had my friends at my back looking to the ground not wanting to make the hard decisions, I felt a weight on my shoulders that hasn’t been around since I found this place. The seeping memories from the darkest corners of my mind had come back and reminded me of the position I was in when confronted with the leader of the group that trapped me in a prison. All of these dark memories came rushing back to me, everything before this sanctuary all of the awful things that happened to people that I cared about.

“What’s wrong? Can’t do what will satisfy you in front of your friends? Is it that hard to keep in the truth that you won’t let it slip once in a while?” taunted Kieran

These mocking words echoed through my mind and bounced around for a while until I shook the feeling, I took the gun away from his forehead for a matter of seconds until I made my mind clear and understood that this needed to happen. I pulled the trigger, my eyes cast down into an abyss of my suffering. I stood there for a while with my head to the ground, I felt a hand on my shoulder to find Cyndia trying her best to comfort me.

“We need to clean up, than this can be our home again…” I sighed

We walked out of the room and took the bodies out of the sanctuary, I decided we would bury them in the morning. I held Kierans body in my arms until setting his now lifeless body onto the pile of more dead bodies.

“Cody, can you come here!” asked Maria

I walked over to Maria with my eyes continually restrained to the ground, I looked up when I reached her and found her once bright and happy face to a more serious and depressed one.

“I-I’m sorry that you were the one that had to-that had to...do it.” stammered Maria

“I’m used to going through the regret and pain by now, but this time it was just too much.” I faltered

I felt Maria’s hand touch my cheek, I didn’t know how to feel about this. I just decided to accept it, I looked at her and she looked back I couldn’t believe that she was being like this after what we just went through.

“You’ve been through so much, I’m deeply sorry for what has happened to you. We can talk about it if you want...” confessed Maria

[“I don’t like thinking about the past…”] or [“Talking would help me clear my mind…”]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gC-7hFNZUA&index=1&list=PL1B341E758A207510

• [“Talking would help me clear my mind…”]

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 3: Ending the Insanity [Leave immediately and risk both of your lives] I thought about it for a whi

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 3: Ending the Insanity [Leave immediately and risk both of your lives] I thought about it for a whi

• Gonna have a shorter chapter, sorry i'm just extremely busy and I hope it will be alright with everyone.

• edited August 2014

Chapter 4: Coconut's or Cherries

You can't have both

• Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 4: Conversations of Trust

[“Talking would help me clear my mind…”’]

“I think talking could help me out a bit…” I sighed

She led me to her room and sat me down on her cloudlike bed. I felt a warmth in this room, the smell of coconuts filled my airway. It felt nice in this room it opened me up a bit more to talking with Maria.

“I’ve wanted to know for a while...what’s been going on with you?” I asked with concern

“I...I heard Kieran in his room, I had no idea that he was going insane like he had. I didn’t know how to feel about it so I just shut it out, I wanted to talk to you about it but I had no idea what to say…” faltered Maria

“How long did you know?” I asked

“I’ve only known for a week, I just didn’t know how to tell you.” told Maria

“I completely understand, fear can sometimes overwhelm you.” I fumed

There was a bit of silence, Maria looked at me like she wanted to ask me so much. I knew it would be nice to have someone to talk to about what it’s been like trying to survive.

“It was my college’s graduation day, I was with two of my friends Troy and Lucy. I couldn’t believe what happened in what felt like hours, I found my family being torn apart by walkers...We three went to this city in South Carolina it was a place called Lexington, I met Cyndia and one of her friends Lucy there. We tried to stay in a house for a while Cyndia and I went on supply runs together and soon started to have feelings for each other. One day we found an entire group of walkers trying to get into the house, we stayed in this run down car. We woke up to shotguns aimed at us, I think the mans name was Giorgos. It was the first time I was shot and had to defend myself from people like them. I woke up to find Cedric working on my shoulder, I found everyone to be in one peace. We moved on and got to a new place to call home, I was trying to save the woman Jane and I was taken instead of her. I was held prisoner and escaped only to find myself facing a herd of walkers. It took about a week until I finally found my home again, I finally reconnected with my group but we were forced out of our home.” I paused for a moment to regain my composure

“We went to Macon Georgia and found a group of people, I found my old neighbors there. They left and we headed for Savannah, we found some more people to add to our group. We finally reached Savannah but our happiness didn’t last long, we were captured by...cannibals. We fought them off and decided to go to North Carolina, We decided we would come here. It went well until we were ambushed by this group of bandits, we lost most of our people. Only Cedric, Katie, Cyndia, Clarice, and I made it out of the gunfight alive. We met Emily and she wanted to take all four of us to Wilmington, Cedric and Katie didn’t want to so we split up Cyndia Clarice and I were the only ones who came here. That’s was up until I met everyone in this community, it seems like a lifetime ago but yet it still seems like not much time has passed…” I continued

“I don’t know what to say…” faltered Maria

“That’s ok you don’t have to say anything. In all honesty it’s nice to get it off my chest” I smiled

“Well, I’ve always been a good listener It’s nice to know more about you.” smiled Maria

“I still can’t believe what’s going on outside of our walls even now, I never would have thought that the dead get up and start eating people…” I revealed

“I don’t think anyone expected something like this to happen.” guessed Maria

I heard some noise coming from outside, I walked up to the window and noticed a few people defending the sanctuary. I burst through the door with pistol drawn, I found a few walkers were causing some problems but nothing serious. I got up into one of the towers and took care of the other walkers, It was getting easier and easier to finish them off. I climbed back down to find everyone heading towards the dinner table, I made my way over and took a seat it seemed like we would be having a discussion.

“I think we need to hold a vote for who becomes leader.” stated Elias

“Do we have any nominations?” asked Boniek

“Well I think we should have Cody, Cedric, or Maria lead us.” interjected Katie

“I think that’s a pretty fair list of people actually.” stated Boniek

“I agree, all three of you are fit to be leaders.” added Cyndia

I accepted the idea of someone else being the leader, I just didn’t know if I could trust them as well as before. We got sheets of paper for everyone so that we could have it anonymous, everyone was finished casting their votes until Boniek would announce who won.

“Cedric-1, Maria-1, Cody-2.” announced Boniek

I couldn’t believe I was going to go through leading people again, I knew I could but it would be hard on me. I couldn’t believe how selfish I was for thinking this, these people need someone to lead them and after the shit that just happened they want someone who knows how to do it well.

“Everyone get some rest, we need to get some work done tomorrow.” I announced

Everyone cleared out, I headed for my room I opened the door and felt at home. The sweet aroma of cherries filled my airway. Cyndia sat next to me, she put her hand on my back, I felt the presence of relief come to me.

“I don’t know if I can do it…” I sighed rubbing my eyes

“You’ve done it before and you led us to safety, you are perfect to be the leader in my eyes.” smiled Cyndia

“I guess you’re right, I haven’t had to lead a community before it’ll be a challenge.” I said

“You’re the most qualified person to lead us, I believe in you!” encouraged Cyndia

“Alright, we should both get some sleep.” I mumbled

I blew out the candles and instantly fell asleep on the warm and inviting bed.

The Next Day…

I woke up and started to make a board listing off the assignments for everyone today. I put Boniek, Mi-Cha-Choi, and Elias on guard duty. Cedric, Katie, and Maria would go on a supply run and Cyndia would take one of the towers while I was in the other. This setup was going fine, I kind of missed the supply runs but this would be alright I guess. It was a pretty quiet day, the sun was shining ferociously and causing a heat we haven’t felt in a while. The clouds were coming in so that was a plus, I feared there would be another storm but I couldn’t be sure. I saw a few birds fly by and land on the trees, couldn’t risk any noise a bird isn’t worth a bunch of walkers showing up. A few hours passed, I noticed Cedric’s group running up to the sanctuary they had in there hand a backpack that I’ve never seen before. I rushed to the gate, I opened up to find about 10 walkers behind them I put bullets through their skulls and helped them get their things set down.

“How long have you been running?” I asked

“About 15 minutes…” panted Cedric

“Jesus…” said Cyndia with wide eyes

“We got some good shit though!” explained Katie

“Let me see.” I opened up the bag and noticed ammo and medicine

“Fantastic work!” I congratulated them

We packed up the supplies into their appropriate spots and I locked up all the doors before we started to cook dinner. I served them all baked beans, I haven’t been able to use the family recipe in quite a while. I ate and everyone soon headed to their rooms for some sleep, once I reached my room I was called by Maria but Cyndia wanted to talk to me in her room as well. I didn’t have time to talk to both of them, I could only have one discussion.

[Talk with Cyndia] or [Talk with Maria]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8cE_ZVrtU&list=LLBCJUDdrPzW6HGmxGwcbiEg&index=5

• [Talk with Maria]

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 4: Conversations of Trust [“Talking would help me clear my mind…”’] “I think talking could help me

• [Talk with Maria]

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 4: Conversations of Trust [“Talking would help me clear my mind…”’] “I think talking could help me

• [Talk with Maria]

• [Talk with Maria]

• Voting's closed going to talk with Maria

• Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 5: Winter Rising

[Talk with Maria]

I was starting to enjoy the talks with Maria, I was going to head over to her room quickly. I opened the door and found her waiting for me, I yet again felt the aroma of coconuts fill my airway. I sat next to Maria and we shared looks of happiness with each other, I didn’t know how we should start the conversation so it was a bit awkward for a few seconds.

“You did good today!” I smiled

“Thank you!” she replied “I saw you in the guard tower, how did that go?” asked Maria

“It was fine actually, I found a few birds flying around but decided not to risk the noise.” I stated

“That was smart, do you want to go on a supply run with me tomorrow?” asked Maria

“Sure, it’s been pretty boring just sitting in that tower.” I said

I heard a scream come from my room Cyndia! I ran to my room and burst through the door, I found a walker chewing on Cyndia’s shoulder I stabbed the walker and threw it off of her. I held her in my arms, I knew I couldn’t cut off her shoulder this was it for Cyndia. Tears ran down my face, I searched for the way it could have gotten in I found seconds later a hole in the wall. It must have been trying to break into the room for a while.

“No...no...no!” I cried

Cyndia was crying out in pain, I could do nothing to help her. I cradled her in my arms, the rest of the group burst in through the door. I didn’t mind at first but I just wanted to be alone with her for a while, I noticed everyone kept their distance.

“Cody…” I heard Maria falter

“Please, just leave us be…” I sighed

A Few Hours Later…

I still had Cyndia in my arms, she was suffering. I didn’t know if I could end it, she hadn’t asked me but I knew it was the right thing to do.

“Cody...please...end the pain…” cried Cyndia

“I will…I can do it…” I faltered

I raised the gun to her head and knew that this was goodbye.

“I love you…” cried Cyndia

“I love you too…” I cried I shot Cyndia in the head and felt alone all over again

I noticed Cedric opening the door and walking towards me, he kneeled beside me and put his hand on my shoulder.

“I’m sorry.” added Cedric

“it’s ok, it happens to everyone soon enough I just didn’t think it would happen to her.” I sighed

“Look we need you to help us with something outside. I don’t know if you’d be up for it but it could really help us out.” urged Cedric

“Ok, I could try and help a bit.” I said

I walked out of the room and found snowflakes falling to the ground in a hurry, I found Maria waiting for me by the gate I walked over and decided I would talk with her.

“Are you ready to go on that supply run?” asked Maria

“No, I need to work on making everyone’s rooms warmer...winter is coming.” I stated

“What should we do?” asked Elias

“We need to try and find a way to insulate our rooms a lot better than they have been.” added Katie

I was still heartbroken over Cyndia but I couldn’t let it eat me, I needed to lead these people. I grabbed some tarp that we had left over, I got my knife and instructed everyone to join in on it so we could cover vulnerable spots for the air. It didn’t take long until we full covered what we needed to and moved on to sending a group to get more firewood. I sent Elias, Boniek, and Mi-Cha-Choi to go get some while the rest of us kept an eye on things and got our camp ready. Mi-Cha-Choi started to write on a pad and handed me the piece of paper.

“Be safe and be quick.” I read the note in my head

“Cody we don’t have anymore winter coats, those three got the last of them!” warned Cedric

“Alright, for now we’ll just have to wear lots of layers we can’t freeze to death!” I added

I could feel the air start to blow even faster than it had before and the temperature dropping like rain, I kept my hands together and blew hot air into them it wasn’t helping as much as I hoped it would. I grabbed pistols for everyone at the camp, we gathered in a circle and started to dig a fire pit. I picked up a few stones scattered around the area and made a circle to ensure that no fire would spread and burn down our home. Katie ran into her room and brought back some flint she found while on a supply run, luckily she had a nail file on her as well. We awaited the return of the group and tried to keep each other warm until then.

“Fuck it’s getting cold!” said Maria

“If we don’t get a fire going soon it could mean a bit of trouble for us.” I added

“Look! The group’s back go open the gate!” instructed Cedric

I ran and started to open it up, they found 16 pieces this would work fine for a few days. I helped them carry the rest over and put the wood in the best position for a fire, I grabbed the lint I stored from our clothes. Katie started to strike the flint and soon made some sparks catch fire on the lint I set it beneath the wood and watched as we made a glorious fire, I instantly put my hands out to warm them up for a while. The snow was starting to pile up around us, we would soon be buried if it continued on like this. Luckily the room we were in was heating up quickly from the fire and soon we wouldn’t have to worry about the cold. I looked down at my lap and was thinking of what happened only a few hours ago, I was still in disbelief over what happened.

“Shit! Walkers are bangin’ on the damn wall again!” pointed out Elias

“They shouldn’t be able to get in, we’ll be fine!” added Maria

“The wind’s really picking up, I think we’re in the middle of a blizzard!” warned Katie

The walkers were beating the hell out of the wall, it was going to give if someone didn’t dispatch them. I eyed the wall in case any change occurred, the wall was definitely fucked if someone didn’t do something right away. I got up and walked to the door in a hurry, Maria got up and stopped me.

“Are you fucking crazy?! If you go out there you could be trapped!” warned Maria

“We can’t leave it like that, if they get in we could be trapped and have an addition of a few walkers!” I argued back

I walked out the door and heard voices shoot me down, I kept going into the storm with clothing that was nowhere near what I would need if I were stuck in the storm. I trudged through the foot of snow on the ground I got my pistol out and shot one of the walkers by the gate, I kept walking and found more started to close in on the community. I fired the pistol a few more times and it started to thin them out, I kept firing and started to become buried in the icy snow. I tried to get back to the room but I was becoming stuck and couldn’t get anywhere I was trapped! I struggled to free my legs but came to no help as I was still being buried in the snow.

[Call for Help] or [Find Your Own Way]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKAgo-g5V2E

• Now I feel responsible for Cyndia's death ;-:

[Call for Help]

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 5: Winter Rising [Talk with Maria] I was starting to enjoy the talks with Maria, I was going to hea

• Oh damn...

[Call for Help]

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 5: Winter Rising [Talk with Maria] I was starting to enjoy the talks with Maria, I was going to hea

• [Find Your Own Way]

I don't think they would hear him anyway and he could accidentaly attract walkers if he yelled.

• [Find Your Own Way]

• [Find Your Own Way]

• Voting's Closed the choice is [Find Your Own Way]

• edited August 2014

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 6: Layers of Ice

[Find Your Own Way]

I couldn’t call out to them, it could draw walkers. I scanned the area around me, I noticed a door about 8 feet away. I trudged through the snow as best I could, I pounded on the door and soon broke in. I fell onto the ground and found a wall that kept two rooms together, I started to kick as fast as I could to no avail. I was starting to freeze I could feel my fingertips turning into ice, I kept kicking the door soon I made a hole big enough for me to squeeze through. I slipped into the next room and looked outside of the room, the snow was already up to the bottom of the window. I had to keep kicking away at the walls to get closer to the kitchen with my group I was only about 1 room away now. I grunted much more when kicking down the last wall, I broke through and now had to try and go outside and get to the door.

“Holy shit it’s cold!” I mumbled

I wrapped my body in a blanket that I stripped off of the bed and did the same with some of the sheets for my face and head. I opened the door and was blasted with the cold air and snow, I kept walking through and was only about 9 feet from the kitchen doors. I pushed through and threw myself into the doors, I fell onto the ground and was greeted by the warm fire. I gathered the others and we moved the snow that blocked the doors from closing yet again we blocked the doors after I leaped in and now just had to last through the night.

“I’m...freezing…” I faltered

“You’ve most likely gotten hypothermia we need to get you out of your clothes and warm FAST!” alerted Cedric

Cedric and Boniek got my clothes off and began to wrap me in blankets that they kept by the fire for an extended period of time, I was now feeling Cedric try and warm up my torso along with a few others. I staring at the ceiling started to find Cyndia above me and watching, I felt her hand reach out to mine and try to pull me up. I refused and fought for life, I’ve come too far to give up now. I passed out from the cold and didn’t think I would wake up for a while

A Few Hours Later…

I woke up and was already feeling a lot warmer, I noticed people were huddled next to me. I’m glad everyone turned into penguins for this momentous occasion. I snuggled into the blankets that covered my once shivering body, I couldn’t lift myself up for a while and didn’t know if it was even the best idea. I didn’t pay much attention to who was around me until I noticed that Maria was closest to me I knew I had a hand on my chest but didn’t know who, it was also Maria. I felt extremely awkward like this, I just went along with it until she eventually woke up.

“Oh...I’m sorry!” claimed Maria awkwardly

“That’s ok.” I sighed

“Can you two please be quiet!” asked Boniek

Maria and I remained quiet for a while after, soon people started to wake up and we needed to get a warm meal in our stomachs. I was cooking a mean bean stew, I scooped up the stew and spread it out across 7 bowls. The snow piled above the windows and that’s when I knew we wouldn’t be getting out of this room anytime soon.

“It’s getting colder in here!” complained Katie

I just gave her a blank stare and she soon looked down and I grew a small grin on my face. The bowl was as warm as Cyndia’s once beating heart, I grew a look of desperation across my face just being happy a moment before. Each sip felt like I was ingesting fire, a good fire anyway. I looked out of the window and noticed that walkers busted through one section of the gate but something was off, they were a lot slower and falling over a lot more than usual. I came to the conclusion that colder weather would slow down the walkers drastically. I knew this was probably the end for our shelter but regardless I now know more about the walkers and this information could provide useful for finding a new home. Being completely covered in blankets I waddled over to the fire and sat down and was out of no where called a taco from how my blanket was wrapped. This gave us all a good chuckle and we continued chatting away, it was a nice couple of hours when it was this peaceful but all we had to look forward to was getting out of the kitchen. I decided to check on the weather, it had stopped snowing for a while but who knows how long we would be trapped. I looked out one of the windows and noticed that the towers were looking pretty small from all of the snowfall. My body finally felt to be at the right temperature, I realized I didn’t have any clothes on when I dropped the blankets and I looked down embarrassment had overcome me it was nice having a different feeling than constant sorrow. After I quickly got the blankets back around me I grabbed my knife that Cyndia gave me, I clutched onto it and looked out the fogged window.

“So, anything new outside?” asked Maria

“Nothing but the stop of snowfall, I wish it would instantly melt.” I said

“I’m guessing it’ll take over a week but that shouldn’t be too bad as long as we don’t run out of food.” added Maria

“That’s my one concern and that we’ll run out of firewood, if we lose that we lose the best way of keeping our body temperatures up.” I rambled

Cedric started to chop up some of the carrots we harvested, I hated the idea of having stew for every meal but that was better than starvation. Katie was toying with her hair in anticipation of dinner, I couldn’t blame her for trying to find something to preoccupy herself with. I needed to find some new clothes and fast, I couldn’t be running around in the nude. Mi-Cha-Choi was huddled up to Boniek by the fire she held out her hands with eagerness in await of the warmth. As they were all doing there thing I made sure to do my thing and checked around all of the windows in case walkers tried to find a way in here. I contemplated how we would execute our escape when the snow was gone, nothing was going to work as good as I planned it out in my head though that never happens.

“Cody, how are you feeling? asked Cedric

“I’m doing alright I guess, just a little bored.” I stated

“Is that so?” joked Cedric

I shared a laugh with him, I went to sit back down by the roaring fire but was stopped by Boniek.

“Look, have you come up with a plan to get out of here when the snow has melted?” asked Boniek

“I’m working on one right now. It’s just a little complicated i’m still pretty groggy from hypothermia.” I replied

“Well just focus on getting better, we need you to lead us and the best way to do that is if you’re in tip top shape.” added Boniek

“Thanks, i’ll make sure to keep that in mind.” I smiled and walked down to my seat

I tried to warm my hands as best I could till Cedric instructed everyone to get their bowl ready as he was going to start filling them in a few seconds with his soup. I enjoyed every second I got with the heat this bowl was exerting onto my still frosty fingertips, I blew a bit of air into the steaming bowl and took a spoonful. It was delicious, I quickly scarfed down the rest of my meal out of pure enjoyment. The day quickly passed after that and I found the group becoming a penguin again. I enjoyed the warmth huddling brought to me, it was relieving and I really felt at home with these people they were my family.

A Few Hours Later…

CRASH!!!

I jumped out of my position and found that walkers were breaking the windows and trying to reach in, I grabbed my gun and woke everyone up. We fired upon the walkers for a while until they were completely gone, but the problem was still here. The windows were broke, the fire was out, the wind was blowing ferociously from the windows, and we were all starting to shiver. We tried to keep winter out but it found its way back in…

End of Episode…

Your Choices:

Loyalty - You chose to defend your work group

Risk - You chose to leave immediately and risk you and Cyndias life

Trust - You chose to open up to Maria

Companionship - You chose to talk with Maria

Selflessness - You chose to find your own way

Credits Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVzirIK5Q6Q&index=1&list=LLBCJUDdrPzW6HGmxGwcbiEg

• Great episode! You're improving a lot. However, your fanfic might get even better if you make it more poetic. Make it look more like a fiction, a story. Your text looks a little bit dry. For example, I tried to rewrite the ending of the episode just to make it look a little bit better. Hopefully it will help you to improve.

A loud and terrific crash caught me off guard. I immediately stood up and looked around. It was silent for moment, until something caught my ear... Moans. Wheezes. Groans. It could mean only one thing.

"GET UP! EVERYONE!" I yelled in a fury.

I didn't bother explaining to everyone what happened. They understood it as soon as they heard everything I heard before. I grabbed the gun and briskly walked to windows. Now, all I had to do is to kill them. Kill them all! I pointed my gun at one of the walkers coming to us. God bless me. BANG! A bullet caame through its head, making this pathetic creature fall down. I heard a lot of shots. I turned around just to see that everyone else were standing side by side with weapons in their hands. It was our turn to fight.

How many bullets we fired? I'm sure as hell that more than twenty. I didn't count. I was just firing, until the last bullet flew into the air and inaugurate the end of the attack. I panted and looked at everyone else and smiled. We did it! But our celebrate wasn't long. A furious cold wind blew right into the face. Broken windows opened for snow and blizzard. A thin crust of hoarfrost slowly covered my body. I felt how my hands were becoming weaker and weaker, until I dropped my gun. I were shaking. All of us were shaking.

We tried to keep winter out. But it found its way back in…

Episode 1: A New Beginning Chapter 6: Layers of Ice [Find Your Own Way] I couldn’t call out to them, it could draw walkers. I scanned

• That was terrific! I'll try and make it better, just a lot on my mind recently and really busy but it will improve thanks!

Great episode! You're improving a lot. However, your fanfic might get even better if you make it more poetic. Make it look more like a ficti

• Haha just noticed I forgot to put the credits song, now updated and I would like for you all to hear

• edited August 2014

I hope everyone enjoyed the penguin joke...

Alt text

Nevermind :(

• Episode 2: Outlast Winter will release tomorrow!

• Alt text

I hope everyone enjoyed the penguin joke... Nevermind

• edited August 2014

I've noticed a bit of a drop off from the amount of votes, Character submissions, and likes, if there's anything I can do to make chapters more interesting or anything to get you more interested please tell me!

• Episode 2: Outlast Winter Chapter 1: The Cold Wind Blows

The cold wind blew in my face, the chilling air found its way back into our already damaged lives. I felt hopelessness creep into our kitchen, the brisk movement of the wind told me I needed to find a way to board up the window. Unfortunately there was nothing to board up the windows, I sighed.

“Everyone get into a huddle position, get as close together as you can!” I ordered with a hoarse throat

I tried to move quickly but I fell to the aching and breaking in my legs, it felt like I had legs made of ice. I couldn’t believe that we were dealing with this even now, after the dead started walking you kinda forget that there are other problems in the world. Katie fell to the ground and seemed to be lifeless, Cedric rushed to her frozen and ice cold body. He tried to revive her but nothing was working, I didn’t want him to have to go through this but nothing could help Katie now she was gone.

“I think we need to address the elephant in the room…” warned Boniek

“What?” asked Maria

“What’s going to happen when she turns? I mean I can hardly see any of you and we’re hardly 3 feet apart!” Boniek started to panic

“He’s right this isn’t looking too good…” Elias started to breathe heavier

“We need to take care of her before she turns.” I sighed

“Cedric...we need to do this.” I faltered

“I know, it’s just hard…” added Cedric

As the air blew across the room so did the silence of what we now had to do, I hated the thought of doing this but it’s what we needed for our safety. I found a single tear run down Cedrics now sorrowful face, it was the same one I made when I had to end Cyndias suffering. I handed Cedric the gun, he looked at me and frowned a bit but knew that it was the right thing to do. He raised the gun on his now deceased lover, the quivering hand of his shook ever so gently. A gunshot roared through the night, the wind blew yet again as we looked down to the now frozen floor.

The Next Morning…

I was freezing when I eventually woke up, this was not something I wanted to feel again. The crystalized water bottles gave me even less hope to survive this, our food was running thin and we had no way to get anymore. I could finally see where are supplies for the fire were, but snow flakes were getting into our make-shift shelter. The echoing silence across the snowy plains made even the drop of a bullet could catch my attention, I noticed that the snow was drastically lower in comparison to how it was before. I knew we could make our way through the snow if we wrapped ourselves in enough layers of warm clothing, we had no chance of surviving being locked up in here.

“Everyone!” I yelled “Come on, we need to get read to leave!” I commanded

Everyone started to stand up and stretch their limbs, I was formulating the plan to survive this blizzard as I spoke to my group now.

“We need to wrap ourselves in as many layers of clothing and blankets that we can, I know this could prove to be a challenge but it’s our only hope of survival!” I commanded

I only had my normal clothes which consisted of a pair of jeans, black boots, and a black jacket. This wouldn’t keep anyone warm in a weather predicament such as this, suddenly a loud bang came from the unsturdy doors. Before saying anything I reached for my pistol and aimed it at the door, everyone was ready but unsure. Another crash echoed from the door, I cocked the gun and kept an eagle eye on the opening. The door flew open and walkers had finally broken the doors, I don’t remember how many shots were fired but I knew it had to be over after 15 careful shots. The walkers kept coming, but we were quickly running out of ammo. Several more shots were fired until we were forced to use knives and such, the moans of the walkers had always haunted my dreams.

“More walkers are coming to the door!” warned Elias

My body was starting to become weak again, the cold wind blew…I fell to one of my knees and kept firing at the walkers. The growls echoed through my ears, I had to get up or I would never make it out of here.

“There’s only a few left!” I shouted

Cedric shot 3 in the head and walked up and stabbed the last, I could tell he was starting to lose it.

“Alright we need to start walking!’ I commanded “Keep together as best you can!” I warned

As soon as my foot plunged into the icy snow I was attacked by a gust of cold air. The whispers found throughout the journey to the front gate told me to go back, I couldn’t let it get to me. I could hardly see anyone in the group and i was only about 5 feet away from them, if I was to fall back at all I would be lost. I heard the crunching sound in front of me but it suddenly stopped, I heard Elias scream and more groaning. Walkers! I decided it would be best if I were to stay quiet, I was close to the screaming I heard. I looked down and closed my eyes in horror as I found there was a fresh blood trail and more moans in that same direction. I couldn’t hear anyone anymore, I kept looking around but my visibility was reduced drastically from the blizzard. I raised my gun up to my head with the barrel pointed in the air and continued to trudge through the snow, I took out the knife I got from my room and held it in my free hand ready to stab a walker. This continued for about 5 minutes until I reached the main gate, I quietly walked through and heard a few more footsteps.

“Wait! We need to stay together!” I whispered fiercely

No replies came from anyone ahead of me, I decided it may be best to stay silent. The snowflakes touched my frigid body, the searing pain of every flake was almost too agonizing to go any further. I tried to call out to the group but I didn’t even know if they could hear me or if I should risk it.

[Stay Silent - Risk losing your group but remain safe] or
    [Call out to them - Higher chance to find them but a lot less safe]

End of Chapter Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGI-jBpvndo&index=3&list=LLBCJUDdrPzW6HGmxGwcbiEg

• Reminds me of my fanfic, where during the massive storm Gregory had to choose between getting out or finding everyone else.

Episode 2: Outlast Winter Chapter 1: The Cold Wind Blows The cold wind blew in my face, the chilling air found its way back into our alre

• [Stay Silent - Risk losing your group but remain safe]

Episode 2: Outlast Winter Chapter 1: The Cold Wind Blows The cold wind blew in my face, the chilling air found its way back into our alre

• Sorry if you feel I copied, I wasn't even thinking about that :/

Reminds me of my fanfic, where during the massive storm Gregory had to choose between getting out or finding everyone else. [Call out to them - Higher chance to find them but a lot less safe]

• Oh boi'.

• [Stay Silent - Risk losing your group but remain safe]

• Oh damn it Katie... Winter, y u so evil?

• Don't know if i'll have a chapter out tonight, I've got a football scrimmage and dance!

• I'm really sorry but I haven't been able to write today, i'll get the chapter up tomorrow for sure!

• just curious if you are still taking character submissions. think i'd like to submit one if you are

I'm really sorry but I haven't been able to write today, i'll get the chapter up tomorrow for sure!

• Yeah, any submissions you want are gladly taken

crawfish posted: »

just curious if you are still taking character submissions. think i'd like to submit one if you are

Sign in to comment in this discussion.