Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Happy late b-day! Nice to see that you came back to visit us once more.

I'm sorry for the wait. I was just busy doing stuff like school works and such, and it also was my birthday yesterday(Sept. 27) , so yeah, l

• edited September 2014

Y'know, I've been looking back at your previous chapters and noticed that you've been adding in periods and other sorts of punctuation marks to use as line breaks.

Here's a tip: hold the shift and hyphen key down at the same time if you want to create a proper line break. (if you really want to, that is)

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 8 "Well, what do you have to say about yourself, huh?" Robert looks over and finds his brother sitting on a desk. In his hand,

• edited September 2014

Chapter 2, because, why not?

Chapter 2

Snow hung up the phone as Bigby entered the Business Office, which was officially hers now. “So, did you finish the interview?”

Bigby scratched his stubble habitually. “Yeah, she’s clean. Definitely not lying, though I can’t understand why she simply didn’t hide in Europe. Either way, I’d say she’s fit for asylum.” He looked around the Business Office thoughtfully, his gaze finally meeting Snow’s. “Now that I think about it, we never had asylum seekers before. As far as I know, Mundies arrange jobs and accommodation.”

Snow doodled on her notepad thoughtfully. “Well, I have an idea for a job. She could be your assistant. Basically do what I did for Faith’s murder case. You need someone who will take you to Dr. Swineheart when you get shot at. She’s as good candidate as any.”

Bigby gaped at Snow. “Are you serious?”

“Why not? Considering what she went through, she can obviously take care of herself. Not to mention that she can shift into a viper-in case she left that out. We are seriously down on manpower-people who do not completely hate us anyway. At the very least, we can take advantage of her gratitude.” Snow looked Bigby dead in the eye, and held up her hand to stop him from interrupting. “I know how cold it sounds. But we have to think of Fabletown first. Give it a try, and we’ll figure something else if this doesn’t work.”

Bigby sighed in exasperation, and fished out a cigarette. “Well, you’re the new boss, Snow. So what will we do about a living space?”

“Well…” Snow looked through some files. “There really isn’t any vacancy right now. At least, all the empty apartments need cleaning, and the witches are too busy for cleaning spells right now. “

“Huh… Isn’t that nice.” He raked through his hair with his free hand. “I guess I’ll think of something temporary. So… any other employees I should know about?”

Snow shot him an irritated stare as she picked up the phone. “That’s all for now; thank you Sherriff.”

Bigby shook his head incredulously. What was up with her? I’ll figure that one out later as well, he thought as he headed back to his office. He certainly wasn’t surprised to hear raised voices echoing down the hall.

“Come on sweetie, just give me a name? What’s the harm in that huh?” Bigby could tell Jack’s botched attempt at being “smooth”.

“Who I am is none of your business sir! Please leave me alone!”

“Aww, so pretty and proper! C’mon sweetie, at least let me give you a tour of the Woodlands.” Not wanting to drag this out any further, Bigby opened the door.

“Jack, you leave the nice lady alone, okay? She now has the authority to take you in, if you piss her off.” The sarcasm on Bigby’s voice could cut diamond.

“What?!?” Exclaimed both of them in unison.

“You heard it Jack. If you don’t have anything official to report, get the hell out of my office. If you do, get the hell out of my office, and book an appointment.

Jack gave him a dirty look as he headed out. “So much for the ‘Everything is different’ spiel, Sherriff. You’re not giving us any reason to see you differently.”

“Yeah, yeah, take a number.” Bigby slumped into his chair, and put his head on the desk. “Why I signed up for this, I’ll never know,” he grumbled unintelligibly.

“Mr. Wolf, I do appreciate your help, but I am able to take care of myself. I do hope I haven’t caused any trouble for you though.”

“No, Miss, no. Jack is a creep, and that is him on his better days. You are definitely not in trouble. Far from it. As a matter of fact, to symbolize the change in Snow’s administration, and a gesture of goodwill on our part, you even have a job.”

Maran’s face lit up like candles. “Oh, that’s wonderful news, Mr. Wolf! How can I ever repay you?”

“Well, you can start by organizing the file drawers.”

“I…beg your pardon?”

“You heard it, Miss Maran, Snow appointed you as my assistant. Without me having any say in it.”

Maran’s shoulders slumped. “I’m…sorry. You obviously are not happy with it, and I will try to stay out of your hair.”

Bigby sighed, and squeezed the bridge of his nose. “It’s not your fault. Neither of us wanted to be in this situation. Now, we’ll give it a trial run, and see how it goes. If it doesn’t work out, we’ll think of something. Now please Maran, begin organizing the drawer while I write my report.”

“Very well, Sherriff.” Maran opened the first drawer, coughing at the same time. “This place has seen better days, hasn’t it?”

“You know it.” Bigby pulled the typewriter close to him to finish up the report of Faith.

• I hope Robert get's out of this 'funk' and finds something good in his life. :) Great so far; can't wait to see what happens.

Chapter 8 "Well, what do you have to say about yourself, huh?" Robert looks over and finds his brother sitting on a desk. In his hand,

• Yep, things should get better. Times get rougher before they get better, you of all people should know :)

pudding_pie posted: »

Uh. The feels, Em. I feel so bad for Bigby and poor Harm, Therese and Winter. All trying to be adults in this situation. At least you said things will get better.

• "Look at you'se and this face right here. Look at this face, Gianna. What's with this face!?" XD

I have NO idea how you keep up with remembering names and characteristics XD This was a cute introduction chapter, can't wait to see more!

"BLEH! I'm a Vampire!" Another great quote XD

The whole chapter was amusing, it's so awesome! I love the way Jersey talks, definitely a northern Jersey accent XD

And as for that last bit, whenever I write about Rose, I occasionally write Snow's name by accident X3 So I know the feeling!

Chapter 1 "Nothing new' Picture of Katie and Jersey. My GF LOVED this one so much. Said it was 'too damn cute.' Alright! Yeah! XD

• edited September 2014

Snow was caught between the abyss of consciousness and unconsciousness.

"Please wake up...." She urged herself.

Most of the time, she felt pain. Her head had hurt, and so did her chest. She kept forgetting why she was there, until the thought would reoccur to her once more that she'd lost the battle with Brandish.

How could she have been so foolish?

Every minute she relived the horror, the feeling that she could die at any moment. She may just be dead now, and this is some sort of hell that she deserved for all the wrongs she'd done in her life.

No.

No, she saw light. What could this mean?

She hadn't seen light before. How long has it been?

She didn't know. She just headed toward that light.

Snow's eyes drifted open. She blinked, her mind clumping together to form a single thought.

Her mouth was overwhelmingly dry. Her body lifted off the bed, but only slightly before the pain came back. She winced, then studied her surroundings.

"She's awake!" She heard someone's voice.

Rose?

Why had Rose been there?

What happened again?

Snow raised her hands to rub her eyes, which were covered in gross eye boogers. She blinked a few more times, her sight adjusting to the lights in the room. It must have been midday. The sun didn't shine directly into the window, but the sky was cloudless and blue and so, so beautiful.

Then it dawned on her. She was alive. For so many days, for weeks, for even months, Snow hadn't known if she were dead or alive.

She started to cry. Rose re-entered the room, Swineheart behind her as they walked to each side of the bed.

"I'm alive," She said, the first words to utter from her mouth since the battle.

"Yes, Snow. You're alive." Rose said back. The sister's gave each other a hug, although not too tight, given the amount of pain Snow still felt in her chest and her head.

"I've got to run some tests again, but as soon as I'm done, you can call all your family and friends to come and see her. One at a time, though. Don't need to overwhelm poor Miss White, do we?"

"No, of course not Doctor." Rose turns to her sister. "I'm so glad you're awake."

"Me too. I'm alive."

"Yes, you're alive."

"I'm....I'm alive."

"Snow, I think you should lay down some. You're still weak."

"I'm alive!"

At this point, Rose laughed, exiting the room to let Dr. Swineheart perform the tasks labeled on his clipboard.

Snow was alive. That's all that mattered.

Just got out of church :3 Actually, I got out quite a while ago, but I'm home now, so yeah! We had a luncheon today, tons of finger sandwiches and cookies and soda and it was great :)

• edited September 2014

Your vocabulary is very good, reminds me of a lot of users that typed up their chapters before you. Some of which you still see now. :) Keep it up, fellow storyteller!

Anubis85 posted: »

Chapter 2, because, why not? Chapter 2 Snow hung up the phone as Bigby entered the Business Office, which was officially hers now. “So

• edited September 2014

Really awesome, Em. After what has been described in your previous chapters, I really feel like that Snow and Rose are really having a close bond with another, just like it should be!

Great to know you had a good time too. :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

Snow was caught between the abyss of consciousness and unconsciousness. "Please wake up...." She urged herself. Most of the time, she

• Thanks :) I'm in the process of transitioning to better and better times, and I think I might actually skip years to at least see what each of Harmony's kids have gone on to doing.

Really awesome, Em. After what has been described in your previous chapters, I really feel like that Snow and Rose are really having a close bond with another, just like it should be! Great to know you had a good time too.

• Nice! It sounds similar to what pudding has been doing with his stories from the past. Anyway, I won't ask you any more questions for now, the last one I asked about your story probably made you cringe. :P

Thanks I'm in the process of transitioning to better and better times, and I think I might actually skip years to at least see what each of Harmony's kids have gone on to doing.

• Finally the final part of this short story, there will be others short stories after these guys. :D

The cold heart of hate

Chapter five

Like her mother

"In the meantime, I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart."

• My songs know what you did in the dark my Fallout boy.

Lyall's claws curled as amber eyes stares daggers at Scarlett, she looked neither scared nor ready for a fight. All that was in her brown eyes was pleasure upon seeing him go a little wolf after all the pain she inflicted on him, this was what she's been waiting for.

Yet, Scarlett showed no sign of pulling that silver loaded gun on him. It didn't make a lick of sense to Lyall. Did she want him to go further within his transformation? Fuck if he knew, this chick was one hell of a puzzle.

"I would duck if I were you." her voice warned in a cocky manner.

Before he was able to turn around a set of clawed hands took a hold of him and threw him against the green walls of the room. Shit, he completely forgotten about Bradwr, her little boyfriend or husband on his guess.

Once he fell to the floor he slowly arched himself up as Bradwr stood before him. He let out a warning hiss and raised his claws, signalling an attack. As Bradwr brought his claws down with great force Lyall managed to get up and leap out of the way. Bradwr's claws were embedded in the wooden floorboards. A distressed cry from him as he tried to yank himself free, readying himself Lyall charged straight towards him seeing an opening as Bradwr was stuck.

Another cry came from Bradwr as he was ripped away from the floor upon impact, as well as three as his claws on his right hand which detached in a bloody manner. Bradwr let out a blood curdling scream as Lyall brought him to ground the ground. Flexing his own claws Lyall brought his foot down on the leathery like skin of Bradwr's chest, his ribs gave a loud and quick snap as they broke. The sudden sight of him coughing up droplets of blood was more then enough for Lyall to know he had plenty... Now if only someone told Scarlett that.

The sudden sound of a gun shot caused him to become startled, he wasn't hit, no. It was just a warning from Scarlett. The silver bullet pierced through the walls of the building.

"What's wrong wolf? Scared of a little silver?" she hissed, the revolter in her grip.

Turning around to face her, she pointed the gun right at him.

"I don't want to hurt you." he pleaded. The situation was going from bad to worst, chances were someone wasn't getting out of here alive.

"Shame, cause' I sure as hell do."

And what that being said she put her finger on the trigger.

Lyall wasn't even able to process what happened, it happened to fast, all his brain managed to piece together was a loud bang, a sudden hotness in his chest... Then pain.

He brought his hands to his chest, surprise to see a small but steady stream of blood pouring out from a small wound. The pain wasn't too bad at first, like a paper cut. But then it escalated from there, it was like the small wound was on fire, spreading through his body. He was at a loss of words, he could say nothing. Not even scream in pain as he fell down. It was then his sense of smell picked up on the reeking metal scent of silver.

"Fuck..." was all Lyall was able to choke out. Scarlett didn't shoot him in the heart, but she came pretty damn close. Did she mean to miss? He didn't know... but he had a feeling he would find out soon.

"You okay?" Scarlett asked looking at Bradwr.

A small pause but eventually he gave her a slow nod. Turning back to Lyall, Scarlett clicked her tongue in amusement.

"I'm surprise silver still works on you, part mermaid and part wolf. Funny how things work, you know?" each footstep she took sounded like someone was taking a jackhammer to his head.

"Oh well, I guess anyone with a little wolf in them can get killed by silver." Tucking the gun away in her pocket she cracked her knuckles and stopped by his bleeding body. "Or just by me."

Her nails dug into his right leg, she didn't even shoot him there but it still hurt like hell.

"J-just hurry up and kill that son of a bitch, people heard the bullets! Their be up here any damn second!" Bradwr hissed at her.

"Oh don't worry, hon. I'm just about done here."

Lyall's amber eye lazily glanced at Scarlett. Did he even want to look at the damage she was going to do? It was too late, his eyes were fixed on his soon to be killer. The smell of blood and Scarlett's scent filled his nose, he felt a headache coming on as his vision blurred.

"Bye Lyall, I would had preferred to kill you if you were a bit more wolf. But I guess beggars can't be choosers."

A sheering pain rippled through his leg, as she pulled. It felt almost as painful as the bullet, maybe more seeing Scarlett was taking her dear sweet time. The skin, flesh, and bone that held his leg together were becoming a bloody mess. She pulled harder, you now his leg was just hanging for dear life by thin strips of flesh. Lyall howled in pain weakly as the last strips of flesh were torn off as if they were loose threads on a shirt.

"Having fun Wolf? I know I sure am. Thought you were gonna give me a challenge? Guess not."

His vision blurred, everything was just a big murky coloured blur... All Lyall could make out was a the sound of something echoing, like being thrown... his leg. Feeling cold metal pressed against his forehead and the familiar scent of silver appearing again.

"Adios pal."

XXX

This was it, this was what she been waiting for. Son of the so called 'Big bad wolf' at her feet, in a pool of blood, silver bullet near his head and missing his leg. It was all to perfect, Scarlett intended to savour whatever would be left of this moment. Her finger trailed to the trigger of the gun, one silver bullet to the head would be all it took to end Lyall Wolf in a second.

Finger on the trigger, she took a deep breath, taking a moment to savour the pained look in Lyall eyes, oh this would be a night to remember.

Perhaps she took a little too much time to indulge in his suffering, the sound of footsteps caught her off guard. All she did was take the time to glance down the halls and next thing Scarlett knew she was being pinned against the wall harshly, her gun fell out of her grip upon impact.

"Oof!" she yelped once hitting the wall. "You son of a bitch!" Scarlett hissed. Of course, just when things are going her way Bigby fucking Wolf has to show up. Damn this bastard...

"What the FUCK did you do to my son?!" he yelled.

Scarlett struggled, trying to break free bit to no avail.

'Fuck...'

Bigby's grip on her tighten, she looked at Bradwr who stood there in shock.

"Bradwr!" she cried.

He just stood there, if he wasn't out of glamour she might had been able to read the expression on his face. What the hell was going on with her husband?

Staggered a few steps forward he paused, before she knew it he booked it, running down the hallways and out of sight.

'Damn you, coward.'

She glared daggers into Bigby's brown eyes, gritting her teeth.

"What my mother should had done a long time ago." in reply to Bigby's question about his wounded son.

And with that being said Scarlett brought her head back and then slammed it into Bigby's. The headbutt manage to get Bigby to loosen his grip, this was more then enough to her to slip out of his grip and make a run for it.

"Watch your back Wolf, when you least expect it I'll be there!" Scarlett yelled as she ran into one of the room. In front of her was a bathroom mirror, knowing Bigby was hot on her trail she climbed through the mirror.

Once on the other side of the glass surface Scarlett was no long in the cramped bathroom but now in Sheppard metalworks. It seemed as clear as crystal Bradwr would flee here, too chicken to let his father see how he failed.

The sound of wings flapping caused her to turn around.

"Thought you would find me here." Scarlett huffed crossing her arms as Bradwr landed in front of her, clutching his bleeding hand.

"Come on, I'll get the first aid kit around here." she ordered walking to a cabinet and retrieving a first aid kid. Scarlett was no doctor, but she doubted she could mess up the wound anymore. Lost three claws, not like they could magically grow back despite being a Fable. All there was to do was clean the wound and wrap it up.

Bradwr place his bleeding hand on the table, Scarlett set the kit on top of it and open it to reveal it's contents. A few bandages, a bottle containing a third of disinfected, burn cream, Ibuprofen, and a few rags.

Taking one of the rags Scarlett poured a hefty amount of disinfected on the cloth.

"This is gonna hurt like a bitch." she warned pressed the cloth on the cryptid hand.

"SON OF A FuCKING BITCH!" he swore and flinched once the cloth made contact with his hand.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Scarlett muttered. "You're a fucking mess..."

"What else is new?" Bradwr grumbled, still flinching each time the cloth made contact with his leathery skin.

Scarlett said nothing and furrowed her brows, keeping her attention on treating her husband's injury. Once wrapping it in white bandages there was an eerie silence between them. Just her hazel eyes giving him her usual pissed off glared.

"For fucks sake, if you're gonna say something just fucking say it!" Bradwr yelled.

"Oh I got something to say alright." clenching her fist in anger, not one to easily back down. "For starters I can't fucking believe you! You... You just left me there!"

"I..I panicked, okay? I was scared and hurt."

"Scared, or just high?" Scarlett reached into the top of her dress and pulled out a small plastic bag of weed. "You dropped something."

"Awww come on-"

"No!" she snapped. "You left when I needed you. This always fucking happens. When I need you the most you're gone, you don't care."

"You're the one to talk." Bradwr scoffed. "What about when I need you? You're too damn busy being so fucking moody!"

"Oh really? Who's the one who always has to cover for you're mistakes? Knock over a vase as a kid? I take the blame. Snuck out to go to a bar? I bullshit a story to your dad." she stated. "Oh and speaking of of you're shitty mistakes what are doing when you go out to get a glamour from Medusa?" Scarlett questioned, an irritated frown spread on her red lips.

"This again? What the ever lover fuck are you implying?" he growled at her.

"For the love of god, are you cheating on me?!" she hissed accusingly at him, jabbing a finger in his chest. "I seen the hickeys, I'm no fool, I know there not a rash. Glamour can only do so much... Just tell me the truth for once!"

Once again there was an eerie pause between the couple. Bradwr shuffled awkwardly in his spot, Scarlett's hazel eyes widen.

"Oh my god..."

"It's not with Medusa if that's what you think. I meet someone at a bar, we have a few drinks and you know... You can't fucking blame me for this!"

"You're the one putting your dick in everyone!" hissed Scarlett.

"Well what do you expect? You're cold, hostile, distance! I'm sick of it! I don't want to live the rest of my damn life trying to plot revenge against Bigby Wolf! You're mom's dead, ain't nothing gonna bring her back, just get over it for Christ sake!"

Scarlett's brows buckled in anger, her fists became sweaty from clenching then so hard. That was it, she hade more then enough of her husband's shit.

"You know, you may think you're some tough bastard but in reality you're just a goddamn coward! An irresponsible, pathetic, sorry excuse for a Fable! I would pity you if I didn't think so little of you!" Scarlett yelled. "Time and time again you prove to be nothing but a weak, worthless, son of a-"

Her words were cut off by a feeling... she couldn't describe it as anything else but... Painful.

XXX

Bradwr stared at the bloody mess before him. Fuck, fuck, FUCK! he fucked up. He fucked up big time...

There laid Scarlett, clad in the purple dress that she wore to attempt to pull this little task of murdering Lyall was now stained with blood. Her hair that was once done up was now a tangled mess from the impact. He didn't know what the hell happened... Well he did, he just didn't want to know.

"Shit, Shit, Scarlett..." he said in horror. The blood stains on her body were unsettling enough as it was, but the part that made him feel like vomiting was her face. Where her left eye should had been was instead a bloody gaping mess.

He gagged, hoping not to vomit. He fucked up, he fucked up, he fucked up!

"Damn it!" he swore. How was he suppose to cover this one up? he glanced around the metalworks.

Despite not being used in years him, Scarlett, Dee, Dum, his father, and on the rare occasion Medusa, tended to use this place for storage. Nothing too fancy normally some smokes, guns, ammo, and alcohol. He caught sight of a spare can of gasoline and a pack of matches, not the best plan but it sure as hell was something at least.

Once collecting those two items he made sure the metalworks was soaked in the gas, he couldn't bring himself to soak his wife (Well ex-wife now) in any, let alone go near her body. With the task done the place now reeked of the chemical scent, he flew outside. Selecting a match he took a deep breathe, should he say anything? A moment of silence, a prayer, something?

He shook his head, he didn't have time for that.

"Just get it over with..."

With a swift stroke the match emitted a small but bright orange flame, he threw in through one of the broken windows and sure enough the smell of smoke filled his nose.

End of The cold heart of hate.

I'm just going to write small stories, think like episodes almost. It would just be easier for me that way.

Also I'm sick with a cold :( boooooo At least I can stay in my pjs and play Xbox all day...

Also did any of you look up the meaning of Bradwr, it means traitor in Welsh (Jersey's good at picking names isn't he. XD)

Also next little story we're see Medusa, the next story will be called "Russian Roulette". Hope you all enjoyed The Cold Heart Of Hate, till next time.

• I was REALLY trying to get into that whole 'Jersey' slang. I'll get it in time. XD

"Look at you'se and this face right here. Look at this face, Gianna. What's with this face!?" XD I have NO idea how you keep up with reme

• I agree with Dragon; nice to see them going from one emotion towards eachother to the next. From your previous chapters, its a breathe of fresh air seeing them together like that. :)

Glad you had a great time. That food, thou! :D

Snow was caught between the abyss of consciousness and unconsciousness. "Please wake up...." She urged herself. Most of the time, she

• edited September 2014

Snow stayed in the hospital for a total of 64 days, including those that she'd spent in a coma.

"Am I ready to go home now? I want to see my kids and my husband in our living room, not at the foot of my bed."

"Patience, Miss White. I've got a few more things to do, and then you can get changed and be brought to your lovely house on the Farm."

Snow sighed, resting her head backward. Her head had to be shaven to repair the wound she received prior to the one on her chest. Brandish really did a number on the poor woman. She thought back to the time before her kids, when she'd been shot in the head and had to undergo similar procedures.

"You're being let out a lot earlier than the last time you were in here, partially because you've got enough family this time to help tend to you. Your sister Rose has a car set up for you and your children to be driven home."

"Thank you Swineheart." Snow shifted herself to the wheel chair. She dreaded the process of re-learning to walk again. Bigby entered the room at that moment, a smirk on his face.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing. It's just that....I never thought I'd see you in this position again."

"Really? Me either. You gonna puppy guard me again like last time?"

"Haha, real funny. I'll be sure to write that one down in my pun book for later."

Snow laughed, then clutched her chest. It hurt to do a lot of things. Laughing was one of them. Bigby pushed the chair out into the hall, rustling her shaved down head softly.

"Feels nice," he muttered, reaching the elevator.

"Mm." She pursed her lips into a tight line.

"It'll grow back like last time." He reassured her.

"Yeah, I know." She turned her attention to the doors as another familiar fable stepped in. Mary held Carter in her arms as he squirmed, wanting to be let down to walk around like the curious toddler he was becoming.

"Oh, hey you two," She said, wrestling the boy who began to kick his legs. "Fine! Fine you little brat!" Mary placed her son on the floor, who began pressing every single button located next to the door.

"Goddamnit. You are a troublesome tot, aren't you? Fuck, he's got mommy's genes."

Snow laughed much weaker this time,"Yeah, all kids are like that at that age. You're lucky you have one, and not 7."

"Ha, yeah. Or like Harm, who has 5. Congrats, by the way. Being greatgrandparents must feel awesome."

"Something like that," Bigby said. After waiting for the elevator to stop at every floor, they walked out and headed for the parking garage. There sat the van, Rose in the driver's seat and several eager faces sticking out the open windows.

"Mommy!" Ambrose yelled when he saw her. She smiled at the sight of her children, happy to be able to see them for more than five minutes at a time. Bigby slid the sliding door open, lifting Snow into the seat as carefully as possible, and shutting the door.

"All set?" Rose asked.

"Yeah, all set." Snow replied. Bigby got into the passenger side and Rose made her way on the long drive north.

Things finally started feeling normal.

Heh, when are things ever normal?

On her way home! Still has a long recovery though. She kind of died for a little while and such XD

• No! None of your questions make me cringe! Ask whatever you need to, if you need to! I don't judge. Unless you ask me who the main character's name is again, because that's something we established in the very first issue XD

Nice! It sounds similar to what pudding has been doing with his stories from the past. Anyway, I won't ask you any more questions for now, the last one I asked about your story probably made you cringe. :P

• Haha, I figured. Everyone thinks all New Jersians (Is that a word? Probably not XD) Talk that way, but it's only the ones in Northern Jersey. Central/Southern Jersey doesn't sound that way at all! I actually live in the Pine Barrens, when the legend of the Jersey Devil is said to lurk. That's about Central Jersey. But I can still see him having a northern Jersey accent XD It just fits too well for him!

I was REALLY trying to get into that whole 'Jersey' slang. I'll get it in time. XD

• I wanted to repair what was broken between them, and I think I succeeded. I want more bonding between Rose and Harmony, and Snow and Harmony as well, seeing as she's prominent in their lives. I also want to do as you did with the Porgie clan, although I'm not sure to what extent I will go. I might just write brief chapters of each child as an adult, or at least skip to when they're children and not babies. I don't know what I'll do!

I agree with Dragon; nice to see them going from one emotion towards eachother to the next. From your previous chapters, its a breathe of fresh air seeing them together like that. Glad you had a great time. That food, thou!

• edited September 2014

:O I would never do that, I would even cringe at myself if I did! Thanks for understanding though. :D

No! None of your questions make me cringe! Ask whatever you need to, if you need to! I don't judge. Unless you ask me who the main character's name is again, because that's something we established in the very first issue XD

• I have enjoyed this story a lot, the ending between Scarlett and Bradwr literally widened my eyes in surprise too. Thank you for sharing, can't wait to see your new addition!

Bloody-Mary posted: »

Finally the final part of this short story, there will be others short stories after these guys. The cold heart of hate Chapter five

• edited September 2014

Going to butt in here for a second, I remember a particular chapter you did where you had Rose and Harmony lay on top of a car hood - conversing while they looked up at the night sky and side-hugged. We definitely need more moments similar to that, or something even better! Perhaps Miss White can join in as well.

I wanted to repair what was broken between them, and I think I succeeded. I want more bonding between Rose and Harmony, and Snow and Harmony

• She's going home! It was a little touch and go at times back there, but it's great to see her recover and the family be back together :) I think you've done a brilliant job writing all the recent parts from different people's perspectives too! And I wish Bigby really did have a pun book ^_^

Snow stayed in the hospital for a total of 64 days, including those that she'd spent in a coma. "Am I ready to go home now? I want to see

• Ending on suspense! And I, too, wonder what will confront the four of them in the library.

MasterStone posted: »

The next chapters are going to be far more epic than my previous. I promise you that lol. Act 3, Time Bomb part 2 The Robin Hood broth

• If there's one main thing I've taken away from this it chapter, it's this: Katie is a domestic wonder. She has all those mouths to feed, clothes to sort, cleaning to do, general house things, birthday parties; it'd be hard not to admire the woman.

Anyway, great first chapter :D

Chapter 1 "Nothing new' Picture of Katie and Jersey. My GF LOVED this one so much. Said it was 'too damn cute.' Alright! Yeah! XD

• My GF has said the same thing when she reads my rough draft stories in my notebooks. Personally, I don't know how she does it. XD I guess after being with the Jersey Devil, you learn how to handle certain situations. :)

LupineNoir posted: »

If there's one main thing I've taken away from this it chapter, it's this: Katie is a domestic wonder. She has all those mouths to feed, clo

• Chapter 2

'Always one in the family'

Katie was on the phone with Swineheart, while Jersey cuddled Hope close to his chest. The little girl was not well; Hannah was suddenly awaken by her sister's violent throwing up in the hall bathroom. She managed to wake Katie up, just as Hope began convulsing on the floor.

"Yes, doctor. The trembles has stopped. No. Yes. Yes, she is concious. Is she breathing alright? "

Jersey nodded his head, as he stroked the young girl's hair. "Yes. Jersey said she is. No-she has not thrown up since I've been on the phone with you. No, Swineheart-no blood..."

Katie's fingers gripped her phone, as she paced around in a circle. Hannah and Ava Rose stood behind Jersey; several other eyes peered over the railing of the stairs, as Katie continued to walk around. Jersey tried grabbing her arm but it was no use.

"Sweetie-" He whispered at Katie. "Katherine."

Katie held up her finger. "Uh huh. Okay. I'll see you in a few minutes. Okay, bye."

Katie ended the call, took a seat and rubbed her forehead.

"Sorry, mommy." Hope looks over at her concerned mother.

"Sorry for what, baby?" Katie tries to desperatly hide the distress in her voice.

"For being sick. We were going to the forest today and-"

"Stop that shit right now!" Jersey held Hope out to get a better look at her eyes. "You hush now, you hear me?! Don't you sit there and blame yourself! Shit happens, Chipmunk..."

Hope buried her face deep into Jersey's neck. He rocked back and forth, just as the door bell's music echoed the halls. The girls on the stairs watching were suddenly startled. Katie wipped her eyes and walked to the front.

"Dad?" Georgie Porgie, drenched in water from the rain, stood before her. "What, what are you-"

"I called him." Jersey was now behind Katie. "I...I freaked out. He was the first person I called before you got ahold of Swineheart."

"Where is mom?"

Georgie walks in and takes off his coat. "She's gettin' some crushed herbs and viles from your grandmother's house. Guess your papa was dabbing into the medicine field before he decided to sell his soul to-"

Katie glared at her father. "-Er, uh, never mind. She'll be here soon..."

Georgie walks over to Jersey. "How is she?" As he speaks, several more little girls cling to his leg. "Well, well, look at me-the luckiest man in the world surrounded by such beautiful women."

He scoops up Gianna, Bella and Ava Rose; Laura perches herself on Georgie's shoulders, as he walks back into the living room.

"The other girls sleeping?"

Jersey sits beside Georgie. "Yeah. Thank God. They'd freak seein' her in this condition." He hands Hope to Georgie. "I don't know what the hell triggered it this time. She has not had an attack like that since she was two."

"She rough housin' before bed?"

"Excited about going out to the forest in the morning but....nothing else."

Just then, Swineheart and Lyla walk in. Katie stands close by. Swineheart drops his bag, opens it and pulls out his stethoscope. He holds the cold end to Hope's chest. The little girl shutters and trembles.

"Cold, huh Hope?"

She nods. "Just hold still for me and take deep, big breathes for me, okay? One....two...three..."

Lyla returns to the living room with a boiling pot of water. She crushes up some very potent smelling leaves and adds bark from an unknown tree into a tiny cup. Georgie watches, as Jersey is unsure what he is witnessing.

"What is that stuff?" He points to the cup.

"These leaves are from a Eucalyptus plant and the bark from a Cinchona tree. These oils will help clear up Hope's air way and give her the essential vitamins as well. My father...he, he...he believed herbs cured everything. Used to say back in the day they never had these fancy medications...had to make your own..."

She hands Hope the cup. "Here. Drink this, sweetie."

Hope takes the cup and sniffs. "It smells funny, Nana."

Jersey chuckles. "Drink it, Chipmunk. Its medicine."

Swineheart also takes a second to laugh. "Ah yes, the Werewolf cure to all that ailes you. I remember that little concoction back in the day."

"Does it work?"

"Oh yes, Jersey. She is in good hands." Swineheart pulls out a needle. "Sounds like someone's lungs are giving out..."

Overwraught, all the adults look at the doctor, now wipping an area around Hope's neck. He flicks the glass and looks over at Jersey and Katie.

Irked, Jersey stands up. "The hell you mean her fuckin' lungs are givin' out, doc? My Hope is healthy-"

"Jersey, may I remind you how ill and underweight she was. The lack of development to her sensitive organs has caused her to get sick quicker and have difficulty in areas her sisters show no issues towards."

"But, she'll be alright, right?" Jersey tightly grabs Swineheart arm. "Please, doc...she'll be fine, right?"

Georgie forces Hope's face to turn and look at his own. The little girl holds onto Georgie's shirt, as Swineheart inserts the needle.

"Ssssh, Hope. Its alright." Georgie pats her back. "Papa has you. You're doin' good, love..."

Swineheart finishes, as he places the used needle and other objects in a seperate container.

"Brave little thing, isn't she?" He hands Hope a Carmel candy. "Just like your daddy...like your grandfather."

Swineheart and Georgie's eyes meet, as he grabs his bag. "This will help clear out the junk in her lungs. That medicine Lyla gave her will also help keep it out of her system for a couple of days. Keep a close eye on her; no stress, activities that may cause her to lose her breath and avoid the heat."

Swineheart thanks them all and leaves. As he walks out the door, Jersey transforms into his true form, lets out a monsterious shriek and flys out the window. Hope jumps up from Georgie's lap and watches her father flap his massive wings into the rainy night.

"Where is daddy going, mommy?"

Katie sighs, as she picks up Hope. "Daddy is worried about you, sweetie. You know how he get's when he's angry. He needs to get air."

Hope laughs. "Yeah! I know."

Katie kisses her head, as Lyla gathers the other girls.

"Okay, back to bed the rest of you. Come on."

"Are we still going to go to the forest, Nana?"

Before Lyla could speak, Georgie answers. "Of course you girls are."

"Dad-"

"Katie, I'll take the girls tomorrow and you and jersey stay here with Hope."

"You're going to take twelve little Jersey Devils and Wolves all by yourself?"

"Peter is coming down to visit and Ethan is in town for a week. I'm sure the girls would LOVE to see Uncle Peter and Ethan."

The room is filled with giggles and squeals. "See?"

"Are you SURE you want to-"

Georgie hugs Katie. "Gives me a chance to spend time with my granddaughters. Plus, sure your mother would love to tag along, too."

Lyla smiles. "Sure, that sounds like fun. How 'bout it, girls?"

Again, they all cheer. "Well, there you go, Katherine."

"Fine. Just...shit...."

"Take Hope to bed, Katherine. We'll be fine..."

Katie, along with Hope, climb up the stairs. Instead of going to her room, Katie places Hope in the middle of her bed. She hands Hope her doll, as the covers fly over her body.

"There, comfy?"

Hope nods. "Good. Now, get some sleep."

"Mommy, how come I'm in your bed? I thought daddy didn't like it when we-"

"Tonight is different, sweetie. Daddy will not mind."

"Can I go tomorrow?"

Katie strokes Hope's hair. "No, baby. You're sick. Maybe next time. Hey-I got an idea. We can make cookies and just you and me can eat them. How does that sound?"

Hope does not say a word, as she turns and closes her eyes.

Hope suddenly wakes up to the tapping at the bedroom window. She gets up, looks over at her sleeping mother and hurries to the window. As the window opens, a gust of cool wind blows in. Hope rubs her eyes and sees Jersey perched on the ledge. He smiles; still in his true form, he extends his arms out and allows the small girl to easily climb in.

"Daddy!" Hope squeaks, as she hugs Jersey's neck. "You're home! Where did you go?"

"You still wanna go to the forest, Chipmunk?"

"But, mommy said-"

Jersey places Hope close to his chest, as he walks to the end of the house. Below, small groups of people carry about their business. From the distance, the tall skyscrapers and city lights twinkle in the night. Jersey inhales deeply and continues clutching Hope close.

"Daddy..."

"Hold on, sweetie."

The massive creature's wings extend to the side, as he faintly hisses and makes a running start. Surprisingly, the girl is not afraid, as the wind blows through her face and hair. Jumping into the night sky, Jersey furiously flaps his wings and hides in the shadows of Fabletown. Hope claps her hands, as Jersey flies higher into the night sky; soon, the city behind them disappears into nothing but flickering memories.

"Mommy will be mad."

"I know..." As he flies past a few trees, Hope's grip around his wrist and hand tightens; the little girl squeals with excitment, as the moon bounces off her face.

"But she will understand...."

Chapter 3 soon :)

Sweet little Hope. :) Gah and Jersey, you Devil you. XD If you have any questions or concerns, let me know. Sorry for the length of it. :D

• Already, pie!? Oh my god! poor little thing! you had me worried there for a moment, especially in the beginning when Katie is being questioned about her daughter's condition.

It was nice seeing Georgie and Lyla and the medicine part was pretty neat. The ending tho was very sweet; Jersey taking his daughter to the woods, even though there is a good chance he will get in trouble for it. "but she will understand..." Oh no...is this going to be a tear jerker? I'm hoping its JUST this section; like giving us and idea on HOW sick Hope really was as a baby.

This was very good, pie. I enjoyed the dialouge, the relationships you have created and how cloe Jersey is to his girls, DESPITE being a complete jerk in the game. I'm looking forward, though, to how Georgie is going to handle 12 girls. XD

Chapter 2 'Always one in the family' Katie was on the phone with Swineheart, while Jersey cuddled Hope close to his chest. The little

• I thought it looked pretty cool but if it bothers you guys, I can change it. :)

Y'know, I've been looking back at your previous chapters and noticed that you've been adding in periods and other sorts of punctuation marks

• i think you and everyone else will like it. :D

I hope Robert get's out of this 'funk' and finds something good in his life. Great so far; can't wait to see what happens.

• [removed]

• Chaptr 9

"A wolf named lyla"

I returned to the restaurant and sat at the bar; my waitress instantly noticed my presence, smiled and headed in my direction. She smiled, as her notebook and pen were in her hand.

"Back for more, big guy?"

"You guys have Apple pie?"

"We sure do, handsome. You want ice cream on the top?"

I shake my head. "No thanks. Never been much for that style."

She jots down my order, smiles and heads to the kitchen. I pull out my phone and play 'Bejeweled.' The diner is bustling with hungry Fables and Mundies alike, as several groups of kids, parents, business men and random folks come in, sit and eat. My waitress returns with a nice slice of Apple pie. Before I dig in, she shakes a can of whipped cream.

"Would ya' like some, handsome?"

"No thank you, uh...Gwen. I'm good."

Gwen smiles, places my check down and walks away. As I dig into the dessert, a pair of hands cup my eyes. That smell. I know that smell but where?

"Guess who."

My heart begins thumping against my chest. "Lyla is that you?"

She giggles; the mere sound of her voice sends familiar feelings rushing through my entire body. Her hands remain on my eyes until I reach around and grab them. They fit perfectly in mine, as she sits beside me. She looks marvelous.

"You're no fun, Robert."

"Pie?" I dig my fork into the sweet dessert. "Apple."

Lyla grabs the fork and eats the piece. She grins, as I continue eating.

"Mmm. That's good."

I watch her pull a strand of hair out of her eyes. "So, what are you doing here?"

"The kids are with Georgie, so I took this time to get some groceries. I walked by and at first thought it was Gren but noticing your attire, I figured come in and say hello."

"Well, nice to see you...."

Lyla pauses to fix her lime green colored dress. "Look, uh, I....I'm sorry about the other day."

I sip from my coffee. "Its fine. He was just doing his job."

"Henry, he uh...can be a handfull sometimes and-"

"So can you...." Lyla immediatly stops talking. "I knew it was walking into a Lion's den but I wanted to try."

"A handfull, Robert?"

"Yup."

Gwen returns and seems shocked to see Lyla there. "Do you need anything else?"

I peer over at Lyla. "You hungry or anything?"

"Uh, no thank you, Gwen." There is an awkward silence. "Nice seeing you. You look well."

Gwen nods. "Yeah, you too, Lyla. Tell Georgie I said hi..."

As Gwen turns to walk away, I grab Lyla's hand.

"An old friend?"

"Kinda. Used to work for Georgie when he...uh, well, you know. Nice to see her still in town. Sweet girl."

There is tension, as I finish off the pie. Is tension the word? No. Sexual tension. Yeah, that sounds better. You can only keep a Grendel away from what they want for so long.

"So, what happened, Robert?"

"Uh..."

"Last night. EVERYONE knows about it."

"They do?"

"You beat the shit out of Jack Horner. Yeah. Everyone knows."

"Wow. Word does spread fast in this town..."

"What did Bigby and Snow do?"

I sip from my coffee. "One more chance."

"Hmm. You got lucky...."

I notice Lyla fidget, as she pulls out her phone. She texts for a few seconds, send the message and place the phone back into her purse.

"He checkin' on you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Georgie. He checkin' up on you? Does he do this EVERYTIME you go anywhere without him?"

"How dare you-" Lyla grabs my arm. "He wants me to pick up more milk..." She pulls out the phone and shows me the message.

"You know how I feel about him, Lyla."

She put her phone back. "Well, you and everyone else can get in line and take a number."

"How can you possibly be with him, bare his children and completely forget what he's done?"

"That was years ago, Robert. Just like I and so many people have forgiven your brother, Bloody Mary...the Sheriff." Lyla sighs. "You are all quick to forget who we all used to be. My father used to hunt and kill people before it was outlawed in the Folker community."

"Really? I didn't-"

"Not so much now but years ago and back in the day, Werewolves and Vampires used to hunt mundies for sport. My father, being a large Alpha, would join other males wolves in their merry games. That is, until the Folkers put a stop to it. Too much at risk...."

"Lyla-"

She stands up and adjusts her dress. "so, before you go judging Georgie or any other Fable, take a good, long look in the mirror, Robert. Last time I checked, you and Grendel were notorious for eating and killing villagers, warriors and other various mundies. Right? that not the reason why his arm was torn off and you nearly beheaded?"

Before I could answer, she kisses my cheek and writes down her phone number.

"Here. If you ever wanna get that coffee, I'll be more than happy. See you around, Grendel."

Lyla leaves the restaurant. Smiling from ear to ear, I get up and strut to the exit. I grab some random mundy, swing around and walk out the door. The sun beams down, as I grab a nearby lamp post and spin around.

"Well, look at ya' now, Robert." I stop at a nearby puddle and examine myself. "Damn. Look at you...."

I turn the corner, just as Rose Red nearly runs into me.

"Hey you. What's with the smiles?"

"C'mon, Rose! Drinks on me!"

Dragging her to the Trip Trap, all I could see was Lyla. The girl just gave me her a number but it was a chance.

A chance to make things right.

Chapter 10 coming soon

• It doesn't bother me that much. Besides, if you already knew, I won't pursue or make a big deal about it any further. :)

Going to read your next chapter soon!

I thought it looked pretty cool but if it bothers you guys, I can change it.

• Poor girl, I hate lung problems like that. :( She'll get better soon, I hope.

What are Hope's powers again? Just wondering if her powers (if she has any) have anything to do with the illness and the lack of development for her lungs?

Chapter 2 'Always one in the family' Katie was on the phone with Swineheart, while Jersey cuddled Hope close to his chest. The little

• Ok can someone please explain what this thread is lol. It looks kinda fun and I wanna join (I get if its too late).

• edited September 2014

Woo, that was awesome! I think Robert will bump into this Gwen in later situations, but I will have to see for myself in later chapters!

Chaptr 9 "A wolf named lyla" I returned to the restaurant and sat at the bar; my waitress instantly noticed my presence, smiled and he

• Ew so I was trying to get on the site on my account on my computer (Royally dubbed Emily, of course.) And for some reason, when this site loaded, it wouldn't load my little avatar and it's features up in the top right corner of the screen. I went to comment on stuff and nothing would load. The text box to type in wouldn't appear, yada-yada-yada. Anyway, I logged off and when onto my sister's account (Kimmy, lol.) And now it's working. IDK what's wrong, but if I seem inactive later in the week, it'll be because of my computer issues :L I hate not using my own account, lol.

• You know, I was thinking about that one not too long ago! I've certainly got stuff like that planned, it'll be a while though, considering there's still a lot of healing to be done.

Going to butt in here for a second, I remember a particular chapter you did where you had Rose and Harmony lay on top of a car hood - conver

• Haha, I wish he had a pun book too! It'll be a little while, but I think you'll enjoy the next few chapters as they're published :)

LupineNoir posted: »

She's going home! It was a little touch and go at times back there, but it's great to see her recover and the family be back together I thi

• It's never too late for someone to join our storytelling group. And, as the title suggests: you start a story, and be your own Fable. It's as simple as that. :)

Your Fable character(s) can be anyone or anything you want, you can also make your story take place during whenever in the Fables universe, whether it's canon or non-canon. The choice is yours.

Hope I made sense with this explanation if what I explained in the original post above confused you.

Ok can someone please explain what this thread is lol. It looks kinda fun and I wanna join (I get if its too late).

• Ha I saw what you did there. XD

Anyways, her difficulty DOES have to do with powers. She does not really have a specific one. At least, ones she has not discovered yet. :)

Poor girl, I hate lung problems like that. She'll get better soon, I hope. What are Hope's powers again? Just wondering if her powers (if she has any) have anything to do with the illness and the lack of development for her lungs?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.