Monkey Island Movie - Who would YOU cast?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    To be honest we have Pirates of the Caribbean which is a decent facsimile. I'd prefer yet another game to a movie.
  • edited July 2009
    Murray should still be done by Danny Delk. He's a talking skull, all he needs is a voice.
  • edited July 2009
    The whole time I was watching Slumdog Millionaire, I kept thinking...

INDIAN GUYBRUSH INDIAN GUYBRUSH INDIAN GUYBRUSH INDIAN GUYBRUSH

dev-patel.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    oh oh oh!!! i got the best cast for a live action guybrush! how about the guy who plays the main character in scrubs? :D

is it me or could he pull off a good guybrush if given the right hair treatment? :)

http://www.santiagoradio.cl/public/images//Scrubs_300x300.jpg

http://www.planete-aventure.net/wiki/images/4/42/Guybrush_Threepwood.jpg

You know, when I first saw this I was skeptical. But after having just watched JD sing "Guy Love" with Turk, I've somehow changed my mind . . .

And he's definitely wimpy/zany enough to pull it off.

"Guy love. It's guy love. Between two guys."
  • edited July 2009
    CGI lechuck with our faviroute voice.
    Some new talent for everybody else.
    CGI sets as well. Will make it seem more like a game.
  • edited July 2009
    I always thought Zach Braff would make a great Guybrush ever since he got his beard in the eight season of Scrubs. As for LeChuck... I dunno, I really want Earl Boen as the voice. The rest of the cast I can't think of much. The more bigtime celebrity name you'd try to squeeze in the more unlikely it feels like it could actually happen.
  • edited July 2009
    Id prefer a CGI to keep orignal voices
  • edited July 2009
    Stan - Jim Carrey

Surely it cant be anyone else, born for the role....
  • edited July 2009
    I still think Bruce Campbell would own at being Stan.
  • edited July 2009
    what about neil patrick harris as guybrush?

i dont think that they look that equal, but i think neils mimics are exactly like tales guybrush...

(look at the attachment)
  • edited July 2009
    Too old :p
  • edited July 2009
    do you watch "how i met your mother" ?

there are some episodes telling barneys (neil patrick harris) teenager time, where he had a ponytail and a beard and i must say, there is some kind of similarity :-P
  • edited August 2009
    Again I would say the dude who plays JD in scrubs is defo a great fit for guybrush :)
  • edited August 2009
    Guybrush - Daniel Radcliffe
    Elaine - Emma Watson
    LeChuck - Alan Rickman

...what?
  • edited August 2009
    tomm03 wrote: »
    Guybrush - Daniel Radcliffe
    Elaine - Emma Watson
    LeChuck - Alan Rickman

...what?

Don't forget: Herman Toothrot - Michael Gambon
  • edited August 2009
    And Stan - Peter O' Toole
  • edited August 2009
    And Stan - Peter O' Toole

That would be hilarious! Actually, let's just have Peter O' Toole do all the roles. I think he'd make a mean Elaine
  • edited August 2009
    But how would he kiss himself?
  • edited August 2009

Do you really want to know?
  • edited August 2009
    No... No...I really REALLY don't want to know...
    But I bet it would be funny as hell :P
  • edited August 2009

...Acting!
  • edited August 2009
    If there was ever to be a feature film based on MI2, I think Stacy Keach would make an amazing LeChuck. I've been watching my Prison Break DVD's and thought of him as LeChuck the evil Zombie Pirate everytime I see that awesome smile he's got.

Check out that face of his, slap on a living beard, wouldn't he be just TOO great as LeChuck? He's even got quite a badass voice. A Monkey Island movie would be worth doing just to cast him I tell ya.
  • edited August 2009
    My vote for Guybrush goes to Zach Braff (the guy from "Scrubs"). He's got the right look and has great comic timing. What about Kate Winslet for Elaine? Just throwing it out there.
  • edited January 2010
    Sooo I just signed up and I'm a no-nothing newbie to you guys probably, but I was thinking about this topic and when I read it I had to use the thread for my first post.

Guybrush Threepood: TOPHER GRACE (look him up... seriously! this guy screams Threepwood to me!)
    Elaine Marley - Isla Fisher or Emmy Rossum (though she wouldn't look as good with Topher... then again he's known to look stupid next to pretty redheads. lol)
    LeChuck - Robert Englund
    Morgan LeFlay - Kate Voegele or Sharon Sossamon (can't decide)
    Murray the Demonic Skull - Johnny Depp
    Stan - Brenden Fraser
    Voodoo Lady - Tia Dalma (POTC) though she'd have to wear some type of suit....
  • edited January 2010
    Shainagirl wrote: »
    Sooo I just signed up and I'm a no-nothing newbie to you guys probably, but I was thinking about this topic and when I read it I had to use the thread for my first post.

Guybrush Threepood: TOPHER GRACE (look him up... seriously! this guy screams Threepwood to me!)
    Actually, not bad. Reminded me of Brett Harrison (Sam from Reaper) a little bit, who'd also make a good Guyrbush. Neil Patrick Harris still wins for me though.
    Elaine Marley - Isla Fisher or Emmy Rossum (though she wouldn't look as good with Topher... then again he's known to look stupid next to pretty redheads. lol)
    Emmy Rossum would make a pretty good young Elaine
    LeChuck - Robert Englund
    He'd be brilliant in most respects, but he's slightly too thin. I'd like to see him on screen as LeChuck, but I'd prefer someone a little bigger.
    Morgan LeFlay - Kate Voegele or Sharon Sossamon (can't decide)
    Shannyn Sossamon would make a BRILLIANT Morgan LeFlay. I've never heard of the other one, so I'm not sure about her.
    Murray the Demonic Skull - Johnny Depp
    I disagree with this one
    Stan - Brenden Fraser
    I never thought about him, but he'd make a really great Stan. A lot of people don't seem to like him for whatever reason, but I think he'd be great.
    Voodoo Lady - Tia Dalma (POTC) though she'd have to wear some type of suit....
    lol, reprising her role :p She'd obviously make a good voodoo lady (which is why Disney chose her), but she's way too thin. A fat suit would look really out of place if it wasn't done absolutely perfectly.

All in all, that's a brilliant list. I hereby welcome you to the Telltale Monkey Island forums. :winslow:
  • edited January 2010
    Well, I see somone got out the voodoo charms and cast some necromatic spells about the forums... (though I dont remember if there's a rule against thread necromancy or not...)

I have only 1 person in mind, but I think it's the perfect match

Lechuck - Jeremy Irons

((if that fails I'd say at least use him for Murry. Irons has _SUCH_ a deliciously evil voice!))
  • edited January 2010
    Ashton wrote: »
    Well, I see somone got out the voodoo charms and cast some necromatic spells about the forums... (though I dont remember if there's a rule against thread necromancy or not...)

Shouldn't be, there's sod all wrong with it.
  • edited January 2010
    Aww thanks Fealiks. And I knew I was saying Shannyn's name wrong somehow... as for Kate Voegele, she plays Mia on One Tree Hill. She's got the look, plus her voice is a lot like Morgan's. Here's a photo of her:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CZ152YVVbDE/SK0FYndoQ-I/AAAAAAAACMA/_HT8keuP-IY/s320/KateVoegele.jpg

I thought of something else... I don't know his real name, but Hagrid (Harry Potter) would make a good LeChuck... or Haggis. Either one would be pretty awesome.
  • edited January 2010
    Voodoo Lady - Whoopie Goldberg :)
  • edited January 2010
    lechuck: Billy connally

^this. Is. Genius.
  • edited January 2010
    I want Benicio del Toro to play LeChuck (if there was a movie, which I don't want), his crazy character in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (when I watched it again recently the idea just really took me), and the way he looks with the beard, he seems perfect to me.

Billy connolly's just too...scottish. (Joke but don't take it too personally if you're a scott, I also have scottish blood.)
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2010
    MI Maniac wrote: »
    Voodoo Lady - Whoopie Goldberg :)

Please tell us that you are joking. I sense you're joking but we need assurance.
    Anyway thanks for the mental image.
  • edited January 2010
    I Thought It Would Be Really Funny.....And One Of Her Co-Stars From Sister Act To Be Sister Agnes :)
  • edited January 2010
    Oprah? She has to be fatter though and she probably can't act. :p
  • edited January 2010
    I'd cast people from the Twilight and Harry Potter movies, and Miley Cyrus. I will be a millionaire! All the little girls will be like "Oh, that actor(ess)! I love her/him!" and all the cool people will be like "Monkey Island! I must see it!" Everyone (except the actor[ess] obsessed fangirls) will hate it, but it'll be too late! I'll be rich! Muahahhaha!
  • edited January 2010
    Oprah? She has to be fatter though and she probably can't act. :p

I do not think she would be right for the part... but Oprah actually can act.. she was nominated for an Oscar and all, for the movie The Color Purple..
  • edited January 2010
    Wow I didn't realise. She doesn't really have the right "look" though you're right. Wonder if she could do the voice...
  • edited January 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I do not think she would be right for the part... but Oprah actually can act.. she was nominated for an Oscar and all, for the movie The Color Purple..

I love that film ^^
  • edited January 2010
    TomPravetz wrote: »
    I'd cast people from the Twilight and Harry Potter movies, and Miley Cyrus. I will be a millionaire! All the little girls will be like "Oh, that actor(ess)! I love her/him!" and all the cool people will be like "Monkey Island! I must see it!" Everyone (except the actor[ess] obsessed fangirls) will hate it, but it'll be too late! I'll be rich! Muahahhaha!

The sad part is that, despite you saying this as a joke, your probably 100% correct...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.