Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Nah. No one is left out of the loop. Promise you, EM. I meant to reply to Dragon's comment but we discussed it already. :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

Great, so it's just me out of the loop! XD Jk, if it's something too personal to share, I don't mind being in the darkness :P

• How freakin' adorable are the kids. Wow-TWELVE?! -begins counting- Oh yeah...xD

Man! That dinner sounds bomb, pie! xD I take it your girl made this? Everytime you have something the night before, it gets added into your story. lol

I love that section with the 'secrets' John and Nancy knew nothing about!

Go on....what did you and Gren do?"

Carla whispers into her napkin. "Sneak out...."

"What was that?!"

"Sneak...cough cough...sneak out. I used to sneak out and see him....Gren and I have known eachother for a long, LONG time, mom...."

XD This made me laugh so hard!

"FINE! You want to know, mom!? When you and daddy would go out and you had either Gina, Mary or Carla 'babysit' me, I'd call Georgie over because I was bored; he'd climb up my window and we'd stay with each other until either you came home or these three were lurking around. He'd bring me food and-"

I know you started it AWHILE ago but i'd love to know more about Georgie and Lyla's relationship, considering they knew each other since she was a kid. :3 That is, if you want to. :)

And yes; my family does this BS alot during the holidays. Brings up the most random shit! Hopefully this wont affect their trip. XD

Also, LOVE the neswet page of the 'Porgie Clan.' Great job! Can't wait to read the rest!!!

pudding_pie posted: »

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 8: The Night before Twelve kids sat around the flat screen, as they each took turns playing with the Xbox

• Can't blame Gren for backing off if Carla was wielding a wooden spoon: they're surprisingly painful.

For me, the best bit of that table conversation is Georgie shoving the Spanish rice into his mouth, as if he can use it as complete excuse for not answering questions. xD Things looked a little heated there but at least they resolved it - the hunting trip would be much more awkward if not!

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 8: The Night before Twelve kids sat around the flat screen, as they each took turns playing with the Xbox

• He seems to be going to sleep earlier and earlier as days go on. But I think his body may have finally gave out from the punishment his body and heart took from fighting death. And he bit it right on Christmas eve now it's just Naoto and Makoto stuck in a world where they have lost everything friends and now husband/father and supposedly Makoto has to pick up where his father left off with the contract and only has a year to find out. When he grows up of course.

LupineNoir posted: »

What's happening to Luke? Is he dying, again? At least he could come back to see Naoto and his son, and everyone else. And he got to catch

• Well, that sucks :( I'm gonna miss Luke. On the bright side, Makoto is a whole new character to find out about. :) You do plan to carry on writing, don't you?

Tetra posted: »

He seems to be going to sleep earlier and earlier as days go on. But I think his body may have finally gave out from the punishment his body

• I don't see why not :) It's fun and gives me something to look forward to when I get back from classes :D I plan on giving him a funeral and a flashback story so he's not entirely gone yet ;)

Well, that sucks I'm gonna miss Luke. On the bright side, Makoto is a whole new character to find out about. You do plan to carry on writing, don't you?

• I'm pleased to hear both of those things! :D

I don't see why not It's fun and gives me something to look forward to when I get back from classes I plan on giving him a funeral and a flashback story so he's not entirely gone yet

• Well gee LupineNoir even if I were to stop I'd probably feel bad and write more after that! Hahaha XD

I'm pleased to hear both of those things!

• XD

Well gee LupineNoir even if I were to stop I'd probably feel bad and write more after that! Hahaha XD

• edited November 2014

Hello all! I do hope everyone's having a fantastic Veterans Day off so far! I've been keeping up with all your recent chapters as well, in case if any of you were going to ask! :)

Before I forget, @pudding_pie - I grant you free will to post your works of art at anytime again, since I know that most of us have truly missed seeing your various art collections.

• Thanksgiving Challenge

Part 9: The Night before...the hell?

"Well....that was awkward."

Gina tosses a rag to Lyla, as their cousins Dilion and Jimmy scrub the pots and pans. Carla sits upon the counter, putting the clean dishes away in the cabinet.

"You're surprised?"

Gina looks at Lyla. "I had no idea Georgie-"

"Again, you're surprised?"

"I'm not." Dilion hands Carla another dish. "No offense, uncle John played stupid..."

Lyla sighs. "Yeah. I think he knew more than he WANTS even himself to believe...."

"Well, this will be one for the memory book." Gina chuckles. "Too bad Mary couldn't make it."

The conversation is inturupted by a half naked Mini, Rosie and Katie. Jimmy's laughter can not be contained, as Lyla places the pot back into the sink.

"Katherine! You're naked, sweetie!"

Katie holds out her leg. "Nuh uh! See-I still have my undies on and-"

"WHY are you girls down here!?"

Gren jots around the corner and nearly pulls a 'Risky Business' move in the kitchen. He grabs the sides, pulls himself to a halt and walks towards the girls.

"What the hell, girls-" Gren tries to catch his breathe. "Get up there right now! You are young ladies! Now get!"

All three girls giggle, as they run up the stairs. Gren sighs, opens the fridge and pulls out a Beer.

"You need help, sweetie?"

"Nah, Carla. Was running their bath water and next thing I know, all of them are gone. I got this..."

"Are the others getting ready for a bath?"

Gren points up with his index finger. "Georgie has the boys, Hans has the other boys unable to fit in the tub with the others and your mom has a couple of girls with her in the OTHER one down the hall from us."

"Perfect. Sounds good to me."

Jimmy smacks Lyla in the arm. "Almost done, silly Goose! Chop chop!"

"You're lucky its the holiday season, sweet cousin of mine. Feeling MIGHTY festive."

All twelve kids are settled into their spots in the Den; Peter, Penny and RJ are having a difficult time falling asleep. The anticipation is too great; they'll get a chance to go hunting this year with their family and actually get a REAL live Turkey!

Peter peeks over his blanket. "Pssst. RJ-you awake?"

"Kinda."

"I can't sleep! Too excited for the big hunting trip!"

"Me too. How 'bout you, Penny?"

Before Penny could answer, Lyla walks into the room.

"Why are we still up?" She whispers, so not to disturb the other children. "Its getting late, sweeties."

RJ looks up. "We can't sleep, mommy! We are too excited."

Lyla giggles; she remembered being in their same position at their age. She loved hunting with her father and uncles; her sisters would even join, especially Carla. She loved it out there and she could see it in her children's faces. Lyla sits in between the three alert children and begins to rub their backs. Peter's mouth opens wide, as he lets a yawn slip out.

"You going, mommy?" YAAAAWN

"No, baby. Mommy will be right here helping Nana and the others cook."

RJ begins to turn into his true form. "Are you going to make the Turkey, mommy?" YAAAAAWN

"No, Nana is. Mommy is making the Ham this time and-"

Before Lyla could finish her sentence, she peers down and notices three sleeping children. Lyla quietly stands up, closes the light and begins checking on the others. As she looks over Junior, Lyla notices a glow under the sheets. She lifts it up and notices the mirror; Mary's face is pressed up against the glass and looking over at Junior.

Lyla clears her throat. "Hello, Mary..."

Mary, startled, looks up. "Oh! Lyla-I'm just making sure he's asleep..."

Lyla taps the glass. "Good night, Mary. Happy Holidays."

"You too, Lyla."

Lyla kisses Junior's head and makes her way up the stairs. The bath tub is calling her name.

"READY...AIM....FIRE!"

A gun goes off and echos between the trees and the night sky. Gren, Hans and the Smith brothers look over at Georgie. The bullet was lodged in between a large wooden pole. Painted on it was a crude picture of a Turkey. John walks over to the pole, grabs the bullet and yanks it out.

"Not bad, Porgie. Not bad."

"I've fired a gun before, ya' know."

John tosses the bullet. "Well, this is different. These are wild Beasts."

"Why ain't ya' showin' Hans how'ta shoot a-"

"I know how, Georgie." Han's hand is up in the air. "I, uh...know, sir."

Gren pops open another can of Beer. "And besides, this is FUN! Just the guys, out here, drinking...shooting."

Ethan clears his throat. "Isn't that, umm...isn't that what we are doing in twenty four hours? And besides, the children-"

"-Are fine, Ethan. You saw them."

Just then, there are claws scratching above. The Barn is quickly filled with the sound of nails hitting the tin roof. There is a figure that jumps before the opening of the barn; the creature's massive wings pull back against its body, as the figure heads inside.

"Jersey!" Edward tosses Jersey a Beer. "Glad you could make it!"

TSSST! The top of the Beer opens, as Jersey stand in between Gren and Edward. "Wouldn't miss somethin' like this for the fuckin' world, Wolf."

Jersey looks over at Georgie. "Ah. See YOU made it, Porgie."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Ready to hunt down a Turkey?"

"Indeed. Well, since you ARE here..."

Everyone looks over at Jersey, trying not to laugh. "What's so fuckin' funny!?"

"I need to actually PRACTICE on a moving object..."

Jersey takes a minute to think and comes to the conclusion of Georgie's idea.

"Fuck you, Georgie! I ain't gunna-"

Georgie cocks the gun. "C'mon, Jersey. Just havin' a little fun. I won't shot AT ya'..."

Jersey huffs, as he walks out the door. "Regret gettin' these back on-"

He jumps into the night air; the moon acts like a flash light, as Georgie focuses on the flying beast. Gren, now on his third beer, stagers to Georgie's side and points up.

"There...There, he hiccup, there he is...."

Georgie pulls the trigger; the bullet heads straight past Jersey's head.

"HEY! Watch it!"

"Flt 'round some more! The Turkey will be actin' like an idiot once they hear this-"

Ethan smiles. "This calls for some music!"

Ethan pulls out his iphone and scans through his music files. When he finds the tune, he holds it up for the group to hear.

'And that's why birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it. Let's do it-let's fall in love.'

"What the fuck is this!? This ain't-" SHROOOOWN "HEY! Watch it, Porgie!"

As Georgie cocks the gun, John begins laughing. "FLY, Turkey! Fly away!"

The music continues to play, as a now drunk Gren grabs the Smith brothers and forces himself in between them.

"I....I love you guys-so much! JOHN....I'm....I'm sorry 'bout your daughter but she is....you have very pretty girls and HICCUP Hahahaha! Look at Jersey go! Idiot."

A bullet again flies past Jersey's head and into the night sky. Georgie drops his gun, lifts his head and howls into the night. Edward and John join in, as the music continues to play in the back. Jersey swoops down and lands on a fence post.

"Yeah. Uh huh! Celebrate away, ya Wolves."

John compresses Georgie's shoulder. "Nice shooting, Porgie. So, you ready then?"

"Ready as I'll eva' be, John."

John smiles. "Excellent. That Turkey does not stand a chance." John grabs a Beer. "To family, friends and some damn good food."

The men cheer to that.

Part 10 soon :) DUH, Pie! It's veteran's day and we got the day off. xD Catch up on some drawing and writing. (If I can EVEN find my box.) If you have any questions, you know the drill. The D-Day is coming for Georgie and the others! Turkey time! :D

• Happy Veterans Day!

Hello all! I do hope everyone's having a fantastic Veterans Day off so far! I've been keeping up with all your recent chapters as well, in c

• Glad to know you ar still lurking in the shadows, reading our various chapters. :) Happy Veteran's day to you, too. :) -high five-

SQUEE! This is indeed a wonderful day! XD I'll watch HOW many I post this time, Dragon. :D Glad you had a change of heart. -another high five-

Hello all! I do hope everyone's having a fantastic Veterans Day off so far! I've been keeping up with all your recent chapters as well, in c

• Chapter 17

"Eye to Eye"

Alt text

I have been DYING to post this for my next chapter. @pudding_pie Thanks, dude. :)

Rose threw a bag of Chinese food on the table. Robert stood in the kitchen, letting the warm water run over his wounds. Gren would cll later; this had become sadly a sick routine the brothers had created. Fight, hurt, ignore, then after a couple of hours or days, communication. In a few days, repeat.

Rose takes out a container. "You had the Orange Chicken, right?"

"Yeah. Pork Chow Mein, Orange Chicken and-"

"Found it!" Rose holds it up. "Soy sauce?"

"No thanks. Did you pick up-"

"Chili sauce? Got your back Robby!"

Robert finishes up at the sink, wipes the wounds and heads to the couch. He carefully sits down, as Rose hands him a fork. She tears open a sauce packet and hands it to Robert.

"You alright, dude?"

"Yeah...just sore."

"Don't think I've EVER seen you two fight before."

Robert sips his coke. "One of the reasons why we stopped speaking to one another for nearly two centuries..."

Rose stabs her fork into her Sweet and Sour chicken. "What happened? you never did tell me...."

Robert twirls the noodles around the fork and stares out the wondow. The blue neon lights located across shine rather brightly in the window.

"We grew apart..."

"Why though?"

Robert sighs. "Its nothing, Rose. Its done and over with."

Robert leans forward and grabs the remote. He flips through the various channels until he come across 'Ink Masters.'

"I like this show."

"I was a Tattoo Artist for a bit."

"Yeah. I remember you told me that a little after we started talking."

Robert giggles. "Now THAT was ages ago..."

"Why did you ever stop?"

"Something in here told me to." Robert points to his heart's location. "Something in here..."

Rose smiles. "That's so gay, Robert." She takes a pillow and smacks him with it. "You are so full of it."

"I'm serious, Rose. I can't explain it..."

Rose takes a bit from her Eggroll. "Maybe its that little boy..."

"Shit! I need to get him a bed, clothes..."

"Whoa, whoa! Easy there, big guy! I can help you with that."

"Do you think he'll ever learn to change?"

Rose sips from her Beer. "He has before."

"WHEN!?"

"THINK he was three or four; I was watering the Garden and he and Lyla were playing on the tire swing. Well, he changed to show her and damn, Robert-you can't deny THAT child."

Robert smiles. "So, he does look like me. Lyla said that-"

"LOOK?! You sure you didn't just get yourself pregnant? He does have Gren's smile, though."

Robert rolls his eyes. "That cheesy, stupid grin?"

"Bingo."

Robert looks around his tiny one bedroom apartment. He would need to get a bigger place now.

"I know what you're thinking, Robert and don't worry....we will find you a bigger place."

"How...how did you-"

"You measuring the walls or are you picking out the next color to paint?"

"Fine...you got me. But where in Fabletown-"

"We'll find you a place!"

Rose burps, as she finishes off her EggRoll. "Don't worry! Red has your back-"

"And when he finally DOES change, Lyla is going to want to see him and-"

"You worried she won't or something?"

Robet's eyes enlarge. "WHAT!? No! no, no, no! She's not like that...."

"How do YOU know?"

"You don't know Lyla like I do...and besides, I'm not very good with the law and-"

"I'm sure you two can come to an agreement, Robert..."

Robert sinks his teeth into the Barbecue Pork. "Yeah....we will."

"Well, better make a list." Rose grabs a napkin and pen. "Write what this kid will need."

"Put bed down first..."

"I got this, Robert."

Robert sat back and watched as Rose Red made a long list of the items needed for RJ. Tomorrow, he'd take the day to make preperations for the moment he'd have his son present in his home.

For now, he was content knowing RJ was alive.

Chapter 16 coming soon. Have questions? Ask away. Happy Veteran's day, guys!!!

• 'And that's why birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it. Let's do it-let's fall in love.'

LOVE this song! How random of Ethan! xD

Lyla clears her throat. "Hello, Mary..."

Mary, startled, looks up. "Oh! Lyla-I'm just making sure he's asleep..."

Lyla taps the glass. "Good night, Mary. Happy Holidays."

"You too, Lyla."

That is just too damn cute! #BloodyPorgie Forever <3

The conversation is inturupted by a half naked Mini, Rosie and Katie. Jimmy's laughter can not be contained, as Lyla places the pot back into the sink.

"Katherine! You're naked, sweetie!"

Katie holds out her leg. "Nuh uh! See-I still have my undies on and-"

"WHY are you girls down here!?"

Gren jots around the corner and nearly pulls a 'Risky Business' move in the kitchen. He grabs the sides, pulls himself to a halt and walks towards the girls.

I just pictured Gren doing the whole Tom Cruise thing! XD And Katheirne...those girls seem like REAL trouble when they get together! I loved her trademark 'Porgie' smartass moment. lol :D

And them practicing on Jersey! This is getting really good and can't wait for that trip now!! XD

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 9: The Night before...the hell? "Well....that was awkward." Gina tosses a rag to Lyla, as their cousins

• You too, Dragon. Glad to see you're still browsing around. Hope you have a wonderful day off! :D

• A happy Veteran's Day to you too! We have a different name for today in Britain, but I imagine it's a similar thing. :) It's nice to know you're still with us. :)

I'm glad you've allowed Pie to post his art again, it's fun for us to all see and comment on it. :D

• If Gren ain't drinking, his opening a can for the next one! The image of him leaning on the brothers and announcing his love for them is funny and believable. :D

I guess Jersey wouldn't appreciate being used for target practise, though I wonder just what sort of turkeys they're after if John describes them as 'wild beasts'. Sounds alarming. xD

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 9: The Night before...the hell? "Well....that was awkward." Gina tosses a rag to Lyla, as their cousins

• Happy veterans day to you as well Dragonbutter! :D forgot to say this at some point but thanks for letting me join in with everybody!

• Rose's optimism sure does complement Robert's worrying!

"LOOK?! You sure you didn't just get yourself pregnant?

That's a Rose Red line! XD And the picture is great. :) A happy Veteran's Day to you too!

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 17 "Eye to Eye" I have been DYING to post this for my next chapter. @pudding_pie Thanks, dude. Rose threw a bag of Chi

• You don't even understand, yesterday I actually went to page one and reread my first couple chapters and I felt so shocked at how so much has changed. The way she talks and poises herself has changed drastically, and same with Mary. I really need to have them hang out more often, like old times, though children tend to keep things busy! It's a heartwarming feeling :)

Harmony is very serious about these pies if she's preparing for them while on the phone! It's so strange to think that not so long ago it wa

• Harmony is all about family <3 And Tim, he's focused on staying chill XD

I figured it'd be something Bigby would do, you know? They might catch a few other things, too >.>

Yeah, Jackson is finally taking the reigns of responsibility and is looking forward to seeing his baby grow :) He truly loves Scarlett, despite being a jerk sometimes. But that was before he cared, you know? You SHOULD know, lmao, I mean you have tons of couples who've had issues sometimes worse than that!

I adore Harmony; she's such a sweetie. Tim lounging in the backyard. Nice. Also, its going to be a blast hearing about Bigby and some o

• I know <3 I wish he were my granddad!

Bigby is the greatest granddad ever! Good Job as always!

• She's been rather secretive with it, so no one realizes she's acting the way she is because of Jackson.

7 AM Snow White don't give a shit XD

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I wouldn't be here today if people didn't.

While Scarlett and Jackson have each other, and the support of their respective families, Elora seems to have been left all by herself. I su

• Happy Veterans Day! I hope everyone's having a fantastic day too!

• Whoa, 3 high fives in the same comment? I must've done a very good thing today! :D Besides, us dragon thieves always lurk in the shadows... do you doubt our skills? >:O

I'm not going to be a douche and limit how many you post from now on. You post as many as you see fit, man!

Glad to know you ar still lurking in the shadows, reading our various chapters. Happy Veteran's day to you, too. -high five- SQUEE! Thi

• I'll always be here for you guys, even when it seems I'm not around. :) There's no getting rid of the butter dragon just yet! XD

Oh, and a happy Remembrance Day to you as well. :P

A happy Veteran's Day to you too! We have a different name for today in Britain, but I imagine it's a similar thing. It's nice to know you'

• To you as well, Stone!

MasterStone posted: »

Happy Veterans Day!

• Same to you, dude! ;D

You too, Dragon. Glad to see you're still browsing around. Hope you have a wonderful day off!

• edited November 2014

No problem! But anyone can join, really. You didn't need my permission in the first place! :P

Anyway, you're a great addition to our group. :)

Happy veterans day to you as well Dragonbutter! forgot to say this at some point but thanks for letting me join in with everybody!

• I bet we all are! Woo!!! XD

Happy Veterans Day! I hope everyone's having a fantastic day too!

• No not at all. :) Honestly that sounds about right. xD

Ew yeah. My GF told me certain dishes and I looked them up myself. Whatever floats Georgie's boat. lol And after all that BS where he tried wiping Lyla's memory of Georgie, he sees just how much they have helped one another out. Plus, he loves his grandbabies. :)

That's what I TRY to aim for. :)

....Is it weird that sometimes when I picture John talking, he sounds like Cave Johnson from Portal? And not because they both have 'John' i

• :) I could NEVER doubt your skills! xD Georgie has his limits, too! :D

And again appreciate it. But just for the sake of it, will limit, dude. :) Thanks again. Hopefully you had a wonderful free day.

Whoa, 3 high fives in the same comment? I must've done a very good thing today! Besides, us dragon thieves always lurk in the shadows... do

• My free day has been chill like every one of my other free days, thanks for the hope. :)

Anytime, man. I aim to please. :P

I could NEVER doubt your skills! xD Georgie has his limits, too! And again appreciate it. But just for the sake of it, will limit, dude. Thanks again. Hopefully you had a wonderful free day.

• "WHEN!?"

"THINK he was three or four; I was watering the Garden and he and Lyla were playing on the tire swing. Well, he changed to show her and damn, Robert-you can't deny THAT child."

Robert smiles. "So, he does look like me. Lyla said that-"

This is too cute! I love hoe he's freaking about about getting the place ready for RJ when he DOES visit. :) And, no...they will NOT have issues when it comes to split custody. I don't want this to hurt their relationship, especially with a child involved.

Chapter 17 "Eye to Eye" I have been DYING to post this for my next chapter. @pudding_pie Thanks, dude. Rose threw a bag of Chi

• Thanks! I'm glad to be apart of the group! You guys are all awesome! :D

No problem! But anyone can join, really. You didn't need my permission in the first place! :P Anyway, you're a great addition to our group.

• Alt text

Alt text

For those that have not had a chance to see it. :) The Porgie Clan Oh dear sweet Georgie Junior. :3

Any questions, ask away. Feels good to post again. :)

• Alt text

For those that have not had a chance to see it. The Porgie Clan Oh dear sweet Georgie Junior. Any questions, ask away. Feels good to post again.

• I agree with Dragon. The top looks something from the FABLES comic. Junior. <3

Cant wait for the 3rd page. :3

For those that have not had a chance to see it. The Porgie Clan Oh dear sweet Georgie Junior. Any questions, ask away. Feels good to post again.

• edited November 2014

The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Ashlyn headed toward the back door of her house, another empty basket in her hand. Her mother was out already, picking the last of the ripe fruits and vegetables. Joining her side, she pulled a few more ripe tomatoes from their vines. Her dad whistled on the porch, his nose in one of Harmony's recently finished books. Jane Eyre, she thought the title said. It had a blue leather binding and the pages were old and frail. Maybe she should pick it up next.

Pinning her short hair back with bobby pins, she continued to pick fruits from their branches further in the garden.

"Ugh, I already need help standing up," Harmony said. She raised her arms, and Ash ran over to pull her up.

"We almost done?" Harmony asks, wiping the dirt from her hands.

"Almost. I'll finish picking the apples."

"Right then. I'm going in to make some lemonade. Your grandfather Bigby should be over in another hour. I told him there was plenty of woods not too far away to hunt in over here, but if he needed to, he could take you to the mundy forests an hour or so from here. Thank goodness you guys had off for teacher conferences today, otherwise we'd have to wait till Saturday and that's dangerously close to Thanksgiving."

"Mom, Thanksgiving is on Thursday. That would give us-"

"It's too close to Thanksgiving. You'll be going soon, so make sure you get ready. Well, I suppose there's not much to ready yourself by-...Just make sure your brothers and sister are up, okay? And, Scarlett's coming with Jackson, so don't tease them."

"I won't," Ashlyn said, smiling. "Well, maybe a little."

Harmony sighed,"Oh man. Sometimes you push my buttons. Just behave yourself, please?"

"No problem, hopefully." Ashlyn dropped her basket off at the kitchen door and raced upstairs. She knocked hard on each bedroom door as she walked past, listening to the morning groans emerging from behind each one.

"Wakey wakey, time to catch turkeys, guys!" She bantered.

Robert stumbled into the hall, nearly falling on his face as he exited his bedroom. The place was a garbage mound of clothes, video games, and books, and the shirt he threw on was backwards. And stained.

"God, they'd think you were the most organized, considering you're the child in all honors classes and a GPA of 4.395, as you love to remind us."

"Actually, it's gone down a point. I checked yesterday. I have to figure out why before I go crazy."

"HAVE fun with that," She said sarcastically. She skipped back to her sister Elora's door, her hand rapping hard against the oak. "Wake up, sister!"

Another groan emerged from her sister's room. She burst the door open, flooding the room with the hallway's light. "Yo! You gotta get up and catch us a big ole fat turkey! I bet you can't get a bigger one than ME!"

Elora stuffed her face in the pillow, mumbling,"Go away. Let me sleep!"

"Nope, nope, nope. We're ALL participating, 'cept for Scar. But you probably already knew that. So that means Grampa Bigs can catch one, you can, I can, and the two dorks across the hall can. One for all and all for one!"

"You're perkiness this morning is exasperating," She heard Noah call from across the hall. "Mind turning it down a notch?"

"Never, Brother! Never!!" Ashlyn called. Annoyed, Elora sat up and rubbed her eyes. They were puffy, as if she'd been crying.

Genuinely concerned, Ashlyn leaned down and whispered,"Are you alright?" She was eye level with her sister, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm fine. Just-....GO away." Elora sounded angry, not sad. Ashlyn backed away out of the room, flashing a peace sign with her fingers and chasing her still half-asleep brothers down the stairs.

"Mom, tell Ash to stop poking my face," Robbie said, dipping his spoon in oatmeal.

"Tell Robbie to grow a pair and become a man," Ashlyn said.

"Ashlyn Mary Crachit!" Harmony said over the dishes. "That was NOT-"

"Appropriate?" Ashlyn giggled. "Sorry. I'll stop. Maybe. To be honest, I can never promise you guys anything."

Harmony muttered something under her breath, but Ashlyn could only catch the words 'Just like Mary' and 'Can never' and 'Little wolfling.'

As soon as Elora finally made her trek downstairs, her short hair pulled back with a headband and a lazy pair of jeans and a concert T-shirt, the door exploded open with their hefty grandfather dressed in some sort of hiking outfit. Trailing behind was Scarlett with her boyfriend.

Elora visibly tensed, looking away from every one and heading for the backyard. Ash immediately turned her attention to them, hugging Bigby first, then Scarlett and lastly Jackson. He seemed friendlier than usual. Maybe he's truly happy with where he's at.

"How are you feeling, Mom?" Scarlett asked. Harmony patted her tummy, a slightly protruding bump.

"I'm past the nausea stage," She replied.

"Oh man, I'm jealous," Scar said. She still barely showed, though it was a very real thing to everyone that she had her own little one on the way. In Ash's opinion, she was happy for her sister, though that was probably not the case for all her family members.

If she had to guess, she would think that Elora holds a little more resentment than the rest of them. Brushing off the thought, she led those who were hunting to the backyard, leaving Scar, Jackson, and her mother behind.

"Ready!?" Ash asked, a giant smile across her face.

"Hold on, cub," Bigby said. "We should get in to the woods before changing. Okay? God, you've got more energy in you than I've had in years."

Ashlyn laughed, though the rest of her siblings were still somewhat sleepy-eyed. She let Bigby lead as they entered the brush, and soon their world was surrounded by towering oak trees.

"Just starting to change their colors here? Amazing. The trees home are picked bare," Bigby said. He led his grandcubs to the crystal lake, which could be seen from the second floor windows of their manor.

"Time to change yet?" Robert spoke up. Despite still being annoyed with Ashlyn, he seemed to actually want to do this as much as she did.

"Yep. Have at it," Bigby said, changing as he did it. He was a towering beast, though the cubs were no longer afraid of this side of him. They too changed, each one yowling with excitement.

"Calm, you'll scare the animals away. That would do no good," He reminded him. There was something about Bigby's gruff voice that particularly soothed Ash. She stuck close by as he darted into the trees.

"Do you smell them?" He asked them.

Ashlyn sniffed the air,"Yeah, yeah, I do. Westward?"

"Mmhmm," Bigby nodded. "Good, you guys still remember how to tell your scents apart from one another. How many do you approximate there will be, Elora," He said, turning to the quietest wolf of them all.

"....I don't care," She said, rather uninterestedly.

Bigby grimaced,"Fine. Noah? Do you know?"

"I'd say....12? It's definitely not a GIGANTIC group...but not too small either. A dozen turkeys, I call it."

"Sounds reasonable to me," Bigby said. He led his young hunters in training across a stream the fed itself into the lake, hopping over large rocks and across fallen tree logs. More than once, Robert had stopped to take it all it; It took Ashlyn's heavy prodding to get him to focus their course. Elora, as usual, trailed behind.

Ashlyn felt her leadership tug at her heart strings. She needed to do something, as is the responsibility of the pack leader. She waited behind, until Elora caught up.

"C'mon." She said, though Elora neither sped up nor slowed down. Ash could noticed the pain in her eyes.

"....Look." She said. She ran in front of Elora, stopping the wolf from passing. The rest of the group pushed on, barely noticing an absence of two members.

"Get out of my way, Ash-"

"Stop it! Okay? Stop- Stop brooding! You haven't been acting right, and I know you won't tell any of us why, but for whatever reason, you are letting the thing that's bothering you destroy the fun you could be having right now. Just- I don't mean to come off as an ass, but please. Enjoy what you're doing now, and stop focusing on whatever shit is bothering you. Okay? It'll do you good."

Elora just sighed. "You're my sister. I usually tell you everything. If I tell you, will you promise not to say anything to anyone?"

"Cross my heart, hope to die," Ashlyn said. It was something Frankie taught her, when they'd been stuck in the woods that day that seemed ages ago. She missed him dearly.

"I've loved Jackson since the day I laid my eyes on him. And Scarlett has him. How is that fair? How-"

"Shh!" Ashlyn felt anger bubble in her, but she contained it. "Scarlett didn't ask for a baby. Now that she has one.....they're connected forever. You'd be throwing a wrench into the system if you let this shit get to yourself. Try, I really mean it, try to move on. It will be hard, and you may be sad for a while. But you can't let this get to you, like you have been for a while now. You can't give up-"

"You don't understand! I LOVED HIM! I STILL DO!"

She realized that being soothing was not going to do it. Coldly, Ashlyn said,"Well you can't love him. You can't. So you need to get over your damn self, alright?"

The look of hurt on her sister's face pierced Ash's heart. But she held her emotion back, sprinting to catch up with their relatives. Elora went back to trailing behind.

"Alright!" Bigby's voice trembled the tree leaves, causing a few crows to dash away. There was a group of thirteen Turkeys, all resting in a pack near the edge of the woods.

"We're near the barrier, which means we could probably corner them. Alright, Robert? You go for the one on the left, the one that's wandering away from the group. Ash, I want you to get that huge one, presumably the dominant male. I'll catch that one-"

"Can I abstain?" Elora said plainly. She must have also put a mask of no emotion on, refusing to make eye contact with her superiors.

"No, you all have to kill one. It's your duty. It's what makes you wolves." Bigby told her. He wasn't mean, but he wasn't kind either.

Scoffing, Elora hid behind the bush, waiting for further directing.

"Noah, you try to grab either that scraggly looking one, or that hen. Hens are as tasty as the males, let me tell you. I'd like to see at least one of them on our table. And Elora? Go for whatever ones we scare off in the process. That alright with you?"

"Yeah, sure. Fine."

"Alright. On your marks," Bigby said. "Get set-....Go!"

Each wolf attacked thier prey with a sudden burst of energy. Feathers flew in all directions. Bigby killed his first, being so massive and a master at hunting for centuries. He watched his grandcubs accomplish their tasks.

Robert got his next, though he had to chase it down gradually. Noah managed to grab the Hen, considering the other Turkey decided to attack back when he got near it. Ashlyn had hers soon after Bigby had caught his, so she was resting against a tree, the Turkey hanging from him jaws.

Elora stood in her spot, unmoving.

"Well? You going to get one? There's that one still lingering," Bigby pointed with his snout.

Rolling her eyes, which irked Ashlyn a great deal, she easily chased the bird down, possibly catching it faster than even Ashlyn had caught hers.

"Good job," Bigby praised them. "Let's bring them home to your mother now."

And the group of teenagers followed their grandfather back home.

This chapter was more of a combination of the challenge and my general ongoing story, I guess! I hope you liked it <3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.