Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Since I've been seeing Rose Red in a couple of recent chapters made by you guys, I've deemed it appropriate that I share a Rose Red picture with you all in return! This excellent image has been made by the talented 'TashinaJacob' on DA.

Alt text

• Haha! Ill be sure to put that that message for you next time XD in the comics the Vorpal Sword when you attack somebody it goes snicker snack! :3

When Makoto killed the rhino, I was waiting for a "(?) The Farm will remember that." message to pop up. XD Also, snicker-snack? That's the first time I've seen that particular phrase be used as a sound effect.

• edited November 2014

Thanksgiving challenge

Part 11: Let's hunt

The fog was rising above the trees and surrounding the anxious hunters; they stayed close and bundled in layers of quilts and clothing. John had a roaring fire begining, as the children attending the hunt pranced around and chased one another. Edward and Ethan casually sat upon a log and smoked their cigars; Edward had a hand held television set on the current Football came.

"GO COWBOYS!" Edward's clentched fist rose high into the air. "YES! C'mon, Cowboys! Let's go, Tony Romo!"

Hans was alert and very focused on the mist; he was ready for any Turkey that happened to cross the line of fire. During the car ride, he had a moment of silence for the Turkey that was being sacraficed for our meal. Georgie and the others felt this was silly but to humor the already emotional Hans, they had a moment of silence.

Peter and RJ, now in their true form, stood on hind legs and sniffed the air. Georgie, coffee in hand, looked over at his sons.

"Anything boys?" Georgie takes a sip. "Ya' smell any Turkeys out there?"

RJ sniffs again. "Nah, daddy Georgie. Just....hmm....Deer and possibly a Pheasent."

Nearby, some brush rustles, causing Hans to leap into the air and point his loaded rifle. Gren appears, in true form, gnawing on a bone he found. Hans sighs and takes his seat.

"Nothin' over here, either. Man, these Turkeys are smarter than I thought. Shit. They're learning...."

Georgie rolls his eyes. "Sit down and just wait like the res' of us..."

John follows behind; he too is in Wolf form but quickly changes back into man. Walking over to the fire, John takes a seat and sighs.

"Man, usually we have at LEAST two by now...."

"Like I said..." Gren throws himself on the ground. "....They're learnin'."

Jersey flies down from above. John looks over.

"Anything, Jersey?"

Jersey shakes his head. "Nadda, John...Nadda...."

John grabs a Cigar from his duffle bag and lights it up. Penelope and the boys continue to play.

"Stay close." Georgie looks over. "I don't need ya' gettin' lost out here."

Gren sighs. "Wonder if the women are havin' THIS much trouble with preparing for the dinner...."

"Fuckin' doubt it..."

Edward sits up and stretches his lower back.

"Weeeeell, I hate to say this boys but we ain't gettin' nothin' just sittin' around here. Time to move to a new location."

Everyone agrees and soon, after putting out the fire, the men and children head back to their trucks and drive several more miles to the North. The fog becomes thicker, as they come to an open meadow and several dirt roads. John pulls off to the left; Edward follws, as the male Wolves park their vehicles and step out. John inhales deeply, as the kids pour out and sniff the air.

"I smell some." Peter's hair rises on his back. "They are here, papa!"

John sniffs and licks his lip. "I can smell them too, Peter...."

Edward and Ethan grab their riffles; Hans and Georgie quickly follow, as they close their doors.

"You boys ready?"

Cocking his gun, Georgie smiles. "Ready as I'll eva' be, Wolf."

With a smile and a quick chuckle, Ethan and Edward head into the mist; John transforms and takes off into the thick brush. The kids follow, as Gren ends the party train and a few WAHOOS. Georgie and Hans look over at one another; they were suddenly left alone to fend for themselves and hunt for the Turkeys.

"Georgie..." Hans stutters, as he pins his enormous back to Georgie. "What do we do?"

"Hunt, Hans...we hunt."

Georgie and Hans stick by one another, as they enter the woods. For a moment, all is calm; the sound of birds and several creatures in the are chitter and continue their business, as if Hans and Georgie were never there. Georgie aimed his gun out. He was prepared for the demon spawn of a Turkey.

"Hans....cover me, boy."

"Georgie, what if they are in a group and decide to attack us?"

"What?!"

"They are NOT stupid birds, Georgie! Have you ever seen that episode on 'The Simpsons,' where Homer claims that Turkeys are the only thing smarter than man..."

"Yeah, I bloody did. Lyla loves that show. So what?"

"What if they are planning to attack, ambush us and take us away to their hideout in Turkeyville?"

Georgie stops to look over at his bouncer. "Turkeyville?"

Hans shrugs. "You never know, boss."

Georgie had heard of random Hans moments since day one; he wasn't the brightest bulb in the package but he loved Hans for it. But today, as they stood in the middle of the woods, that took the cake. Without another word, the men trailed on. The Fog continued to thicken; Georgie was suddenly regretting not taking either Edward or Gren with them. How he wished his sense of smell worked like that of a Wolf.

Suddenly, there was a crack of twigs. The rustle of leaves was heard in the distance. Georgie's hand stuck out, as it gently pressed against Hans' belly. The bouncer looked over; his eyes wre glued to the sounds, as Georgie held his gun out.

"Hans..." Georgie whispered, as he looked into Hans' eyes. "I think...there are...Turkeys...over there..."

hans reaches into his pocket and pulls out a Turkey Call. His lips wrap around the end, as he blows into the intrument. Gloooble Glooooble There was silence, before the Turkeys returned the call. Georgie grinned from ear to ear.

"Hans, they're ova' there!"

Hans and Georgie headed into the direction, prepared to fire their guns and take down the delicious birds. Not too far, the other half of the group headed for the noise.

It was on.

Part 12 soon :)

Bet is on! Who will get them first? Who will have braging rights? Been super busy past few days; I'll TRY and catch up later today if I can. MAY not be here the rest of today or tomorrow. Busy, busy busy. Will try to catch up and write more later. Any questions, you know the drill. :)

• I've always adored Rose in the comics; she may come off as the annoying sister sometimes but you can't help but love her. :)

And like me and Pie agreed on, plus my personal opinions: I NEVER wanted them to have issues. Ever. There are children involved and to be honest, Robert is a lover. Not a fighter. :)

Aww, I absolutely adore Rose in this chapter! Sigh, all the more reason to love her more. And it seems like Robert and Lyla have finally came to an understanding with one another, as Pie said above! I'm super-duper glad!

• Thanksgiving challenge

Gathering the family Part 1

Etan and Daren returned from shopping to the castle to drop off the goods. It was now time to get the big family together for as thanksgiving draws near. There is also several things needed to be obtain before the big day arrives, such as a suitable turkey that would satisfy the guestS hunger.

"Ok, I'll see ya later Etan, I'm going to let everyone know the dinner is at your cave. I mean, castle."

"Your not funny Daren."

As Daren leaves one of Etan's children walks into the the room asking where they are going to find a turkey big enough to feed everyone. Etan then comforts his son and tell him that he already have a plan to find one, he sent some people to find one...

Else where, Draco, Viera and their young son, Marcelo are out in the breezy mountains in a distant land, searching for something.

"He said they appear somewhere in this area. Keep an eye out for a two story turkey"

"Draco I don't it would be hard to miss. Didn't he say it breathes fire too?"

"Yeah and can summon a twister or something. But if he can take it down we can too, Viera. Hey wheres Marcelo?"

"He was right next to me a minute ago.. Wait there he is! He found the bird!"

"Damn, we need to get to him before it too late!"

"I TOLD you that this was a bad idea to bring him along Draco!

"Like father like son, Viera!"

Draco and Viera then fly after their son before he gets into a brawl with the over sized bird. Little do they know that Etan had a flying monkey with Norse magic helped him defeat this mighty beast.

Somewhere in New York City, Robby and Lydia are walking through the big city looking for things to bring to the dinner. Lydia wanted to stop at many stores since she been away from such glamorous and stylish fabrics for so long, she is getting in touch with her girl instincts once again.

"Lydia, where are you going now?"

"These shoes, Robby. Aren't they adorable?"

"Yeah, but we should really get back, it looks like its about to rain."

"But let's look around at one more store Robby! There is a sale on winter clothing, very tempting."

"Oh my god.... why Lydia...."

And not to far from the city, in Daren's old neighborhood. Daren walks up to his old house and reminisce about the times he had in this old house of his. Remembering many years ago when he brought this house. When his wife Bibi was pregnant with his second child, all the birthday parties and Christmas dinners spent here. Completely ignoring the bad things that happened."

"Guest it's time to lock up for good."

As he closes the door he is stopped by his wife.

"I should of known you stop by here."

"Bibi, what are you doing out of the castle? You suppose to be on bed rest."

"I'm only 2 months pregnant, Daren. This little monster isn't coming out no time soon."

"Still, and what exactly is our little monster anyway. Boy, girl?"

"I'll tell you on your birthday, honey. If you are done we need to pick up your daughter and her future husband."

"Her husband?"

"Yep, while you and your friend was on another adventure, Tisha got engaged to a nice young business man. He use to live down the street, I think he was a wolf or something.."

"What the @&;%$.............!!!!!!!!!!!"

TBC

• Hey, call me. I need to know where to meet you!! :P

Anyways, the race is on; I can see Hans and Georgie teaming up to take down those Turkeys! Jersey seems like he'd do it alone; the kids are there and I can't wait to hear what they have to say!!

"GO COWBOYS!" Edward's clentched fist rose high into the air. "YES! C'mon, Cowboys! Let's go, Tony Romo!"

My dad had one of those and he'd take it EVERYTIME we went camping! XD I could just see it!

"They are NOT stupid birds, Georgie! Have you ever seen that episode on 'The Simpsons,' where Homer claims that Turkeys are the only thing smarter than man..."

"Yeah, I bloody did. Lyla loves that show. So what?"

"What if they are planning to attack, ambush us and take us away to their hideout in Turkeyville?"

Georgie stops to look over at his bouncer. "Turkeyville?"

Hans shrugs. "You never know, boss."

All this. All of freakin' this! XD I love Hans!!

Great work, Pie!! Can't wait for more!

pudding_pie posted: »

Thanksgiving challenge Part 11: Let's hunt The fog was rising above the trees and surrounding the anxious hunters; they stayed close a

• I <3 Rose like no one's business!!

Since I've been seeing Rose Red in a couple of recent chapters made by you guys, I've deemed it appropriate that I share a Rose Red picture with you all in return! This excellent image has been made by the talented 'TashinaJacob' on DA.

• mistakenly thought they both looked incredibly serious about hunting pies. Which I find amusing. xD

LMFAO! This made my day! Oh shit-watch out, Pie! They comin' for you! XD

LupineNoir posted: »

'Turkeys: the only animal smarter than man.' That Simpons line has been going through my head the entire time I've been reading these Thanks

• Hans for me. Dude seems like he'd take that bird down and surprise us ALL! XD

Indeed seems like a bet HAS been placed. Should I put you down for Hans and Georgie? XD

• Awesome! Also Rose is the best :D

Since I've been seeing Rose Red in a couple of recent chapters made by you guys, I've deemed it appropriate that I share a Rose Red picture with you all in return! This excellent image has been made by the talented 'TashinaJacob' on DA.

• My love for her is far more greater. >:3

JJwolf posted: »

I Rose like no one's business!!

• Rose Red is love, Rose Red is life. ;) ;)

Tetra posted: »

Awesome! Also Rose is the best

• Well-said indeed, JJ!

True, true, got to try and stay neutral for the children. It's just the Grendel inside of him that makes him fight for the most part.

I've always adored Rose in the comics; she may come off as the annoying sister sometimes but you can't help but love her. And like me an

• I really gotta use that for my story sometime. XD

Haha! Ill be sure to put that that message for you next time XD in the comics the Vorpal Sword when you attack somebody it goes snicker snack!

• It's pretty funny when I first saw I started laughing because it is very abnormal for a sound effect for a sword XD

I really gotta use that for my story sometime. XD

• To be honest, it reminded me of the Snickers candy bar. :)

It's pretty funny when I first saw I started laughing because it is very abnormal for a sound effect for a sword XD

• I think I will now nickname the Vorpal sword the snickers sword XD

To be honest, it reminded me of the Snickers candy bar.

• edited November 2014

Alt text

I think I will now nickname the Vorpal sword the snickers sword XD

• edited November 2014

Tim hobbled out of his apartment's front door with determination painted across his face and in the way he walked. Normally, he would stop and chat with those occupying Fabletown's corridors, a friendly man by nature. This, however, was a dire situation.

She could already be anywhere in the world. His fragile baby girl, alone, even scared for all he knew. Where on earth she could have gone, there was not much to figure out in that regard. He had to trust that he knew he was going the right way.

Halfway down the stairs, he regretted not taking an elevator, or having Harmony accompany him on this search. His leg was in mad pain, feeling the pulse of his heart with every passing second directly within his veins.

And yet, he did not stop. He kept walking, and the longer it took, the more he felt that something was about to go terribly wrong.

He was right.

As soon as he got to the bottom floor, everyone in the room was in a panic. There was a crowd of people ushering out the door, looking over each other's shoulders. Neighbors of his, Fables he would see every day traversing to work. Some were coworkers. It was as if the world had muted itself.

When people noticed him slowly stride up, they parted, concern on their faces only pressing the invisible dagger of dread further in his side. His leg was no longer on his mind. When he saw her, he fell to his knees at the bottom on the concrete steps.

"My baby girl," He whispered out loud.

She had gotten hit by a car crossing the street.

Some time after Tim had left the apartment, there was a phone call. Harmony thought nothing of it; Most likely some one notifying her that they will be bringing a pie or a side dish tomorrow. She answered, watching Jackson toss the last of the broken glass into a trashcan.

"Hello?"

"Harmony Wolf?" It was an unknown, but official sounding voice.

"Yes, speaking?"

"I'm a nurse at Knight's of Malta, reminding you that the next appointment for your daughter, Scarlett is on Saturday, three days from now."

"Oh, yes, of course. Is that all?"

"Yes, for now. Have a-" The man paused. Harmony was unsure of what to do, if she should hang up.

"....Hello? Sir?" She said into the phone's reciever.

"Ahem," He cleared his throat. He almost sounded....uncomfortable. "Right, uh, I have just been informed to notify you, that your erm, daughter, has been in a serious accident right outside of Fabletown."

Harmony never felt her heart drop so far below her chest before. She immediately felt like she would vomit.

"A-a-are you sure?" She stuttered, her nerves fraying.

"She's being transported right now, Ma'am. She will be here in approximately 6 minutes. Your husband is in the ambulance with her."

"Oh God," Harmony said, a whisper. It grew in volume, enough to alert her other children's attentions. "Oh God, Oh God!"

He had said other things, but Harmony could not hear any of it. There was the sound the phone made when it hung up, ringing in her ear, but she hadn't noticed that either. She was crying, a steady stream of tears flowing across her cheeks.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Noah asked. He was chewing and apple, staring at her for however long she'd been standing still, the phone still against her head.

"Ellie has been in an accident. I-...Oh God. Tim- Your father is with her right now-....I..." She began dialing Tim's cellphone, and it picked up immediately.

Tim, still in shock, hadn't even thought to call his wife yet. The phone buzzed in his pocket, and he felt horrid for not thinking of her. Reluctantly, he answered, not pealing his eyes off of his broken daughter.

"Tim? Tim are you there?"

Tim didn't answer right away,"....Harmony-...Our daughter..."

"I know, Tim," Harmony was sobbing on the other end,"How bad is it? Timothy, how bad is she? Is she..."

"She's still alive. She's breathing. She saw me but now she's unconscious-" Tim began to choke up. His daughter had bruises forming around her. It was a mundy, one of the men at the scene told him. A mundy, speeding down Bullfinch who'd hit her. His hand was glued to his daughter's as he watched the EMT poke the IV in her other arm. There was air being manually pumped into Elora with some sort of device strapped to her face. It was a manual pump, and the EMT instructed Tim to squeeze it in even intervals. Tim almost barely heard her as he listened to his wife cry, just cry on the other end of the phone.

And then they were at the hospital, the back doors thrown open faster than light. Tim followed out of the back.

"We have this now, Sir. You need to wait in the waiting room, please."

And as soon as Elora's body was pulled through the restricted hall, he felt the defeat overcome all of his other feelings. Slumping into the nearest chair, he sobbed and waited.

Bet you didn't see that happening.

Well, neither did I. I often wing what I write more often than I should, lol. So yeah, I wanted to make something to get the blood pumping.

Let me tell you. This tooth ache I have is gnarly. I needed to take some meds this morning. Damn wisdom teeth >:( Right now, we don't have the money to get it pulled, so I have to deal with the pain of letting it come in for now. Bleh!

Also, going to my school's Fall Drama play ^-^ So pumped! Yeah, that's the extent of my life XD

And, I got a car! It used to be my Grandma's car, then it was my mom's, and now she doesn't need it anymore, so she gave it to me. It needs some repairs, but I'm not driving just yet so I won't necessarily need it yet. But it's there, and it's mine now, and that's all that matters.

EDIT: I realized I made a factual error in the very beginning of this post, so I have fixed it :L

• So good! I fangirl whenever I see any fan made art based on characters who were not necessarily in the wolf among us ^-^ And I love Rose, so this is awesome!

• Wait, gloooble? That's an interesting sound for a turkey if I ever did hear one! :D

I bet Hans is somehow going to kill the most perfect turkey out of all of them, although I don't want to jinx my bet on Georgie and Jersey just yet...

Thanksgiving challenge Part 11: Let's hunt The fog was rising above the trees and surrounding the anxious hunters; they stayed close a

• You mean Scarlett? Lmao XD

Ashlyn's got a ravenous wolf in her that begs to come out XD She contains it by consuming ALL the food!

Wow, Harmony had a queen-size bed huh? I wonder what for? ...Only joking again. :P Also, at this rate, Ashlyn could out-eat Scooby Doo and Shaggy! Like, that's bizarre!

• Harmony wanted a quiet morning, but sadly those do not exist with children around XD And, there will be more, so perhaps she is looking into the near future of constantly changing diapers and breastfeeding at 2 AM XD

Jackson is a relatively smart boy XD I know if I were in Scar's position my Parents would be extremely strict with the guy who did it!

I love them arguing over their yet to be born siblings! Though I can feel Harmony's exasperation, too. xD Can understand why Jackson woul

• You are right, it isn't her fault. She's troubled. And teenage hormones are ALWAYS to blame!

This was bound to happen at some point, I suppose. I'm intrigued as to what Elora might get up to in her future, but for the present it see

• I thought Scar and Jackson were sharing Harmony's bed for the next couple of days? At least, that's what it looked like to me before you described the room.

Hell, with that hunger, she can win eating contests throughout the world!

EMMYPESS posted: »

You mean Scarlett? Lmao XD Ashlyn's got a ravenous wolf in her that begs to come out XD She contains it by consuming ALL the food!

• If Rose appears in (the totally possible) season 2 of TWAU, I'm making an appreciation thread for her. No ifs, ands, or adversaries!

So good! I fangirl whenever I see any fan made art based on characters who were not necessarily in the wolf among us ^-^ And I love Rose, so this is awesome!

• No, it was Scarlett's bedroom, she had a queen size XD Sorry if it came off the wrong way!

I thought Scar and Jackson were sharing Harmony's bed for the next couple of days? At least, that's what it looked like to me before you described the room. Hell, with that hunger, she can win eating contests throughout the world!

• Lol, you're fine! This dragon understands now. :)

No, it was Scarlett's bedroom, she had a queen size XD Sorry if it came off the wrong way!

• Thanksgiving Challenge

Part 12: The Hunt

Jersey perched himself upon a branch and waited for the Turkeys to cross his path; he could smell them in the air, as he moved the branches and eyed the ground. John, in his Wolf form, laid perfectly still in the grass. The mist surrounded him, as his Amber eyes glued to the opening in the woods. Ethan was behind a bush. Edward, also in Wolf form, sat back and waited. The hair on his back was rising, teeth baring and paws digging into the dirt.

Hans and Georgie aimed their guns at the noise.

"Wot ya' doin', Hans?" Georgie watched Hans lay flat on his belly. "Ya' gunna scare the Turkey away..."

"I got this, Georgie. They can't see me...."

The scratching against the leaves and dirt grew louder; the Turkeys moved along the bushes, as the men noticed four enormous Turkeys walking along the dirt road. The kids, standing beside John, were anxious and ready to jump out. Peter was prepared and before he could jump out, John grabbed him with his teeth and pulled him back.

"SSHH...we have to wait."

"But Papa, they are right there and-"

"We can't jump out there like that. You'll scare them away and who knows how long it will be before they return."

Peter gave a slight nod, as his belly touched the wet grass and silently watched the Turkeys.

"You have to wait....be patient....sit and-"

Before John could finish, Hans' head poked up from the thick brush, aimed the gun and pulled the trigger. The Turkeys looked up, noticed the blonde man with the weapon and ran into the opposite direction. Georgie tried to grab his leg.

"Hans, NO! Get back and-"

Before Georgie could plant his fingers around his jeans, Hans was out and running towards the meal now heading deep into the fog.

"Damnit!"

Jersey swoops down and heads after Hans.

"Fuck, Georgie! Ya' Bouncer is gunna ruin this hunt!"

"Just fly up ahead and see if you can find him."

John and the others were hot on Georgie's trail; John grabbed Georgie's jacket, flung him over his shoulder and placed him between his shoulder blades. Georgie noticed one of the Turkeys near a large Oak tree. He leaned forward, held his rifle close to his hip and stood up. John turned to look back.

"PORGIE! What in God's holy name are you-"

Georgie ignored John and he tucked and rolled off the mighty Wolf. Penny, RJ and Peter paused to watch their father head into the thicket of the woods. They turned their direction and followed Georgie. Their tiny yips, crunching of twigs and splashes of mud could be heard, as Georgie pushed his way through the trees, brush and Fog. He could hear wings above; Jersey was still looking for Hans and the other Turkeys.

"Ova' there, kids. SSH-we have one that got lost."

Georgie and the kids quietly walked over; the Turkey was snagged in a tree branch and some loose Ivy that managed to entwine itself around the creature's leg. Georgie aims the gun at the creature. It shrieked into the morning air, hoping the others would return to his aid.

"Ya' kids want this one?" Silence. "Kids, ya' want this-"

Georgie turns around. All three had their eyes glued on the distraught bird; it flapped its wings and pecked at the plant. Georgie noticed a tear running down RJ's face, as Peter and Penny did their best to hold it all back.

"Kids?"

"Daddy, this isn't fair...he's stuck."

"But, it would be like if he was running out 'here and-"

Peter shakes his head. "No....its not. He's watching it, knows its coming."

Georgie pulled his rifle back. The disoriented bird was squawking and continuing to furiously flap its wings. The three kids looked at their father; Georgie took off his hat, wiped his forehead and headed to the bird.

"Daddy, don't!"

Georgie pulled out a knife; the three kids stood back and felt the sorrow and anguish sweep over their bodies. They were going to witness their father murder this bird and take it back to become dinner. Instead, they watched the knife blade swipe across the Ivy, as Georgie kicked the bark aside and allowed the Turkey another chance.

Penny seemed surprised. "Daddy-"

"Get the 'ell outta here, ya' dumb bird before I change my mind."

The turkey did not hesitate; it ran into the forest and was gone before Georgie was on his feet.

"There."

The kids gathered around Georgie. Peter began rubbing his head against Georgie's pant leg.

"Thank you, daddy...."

Georgie sighed, as he picked Peter up and headed out from the Fog. The others followed, as they headed down the dirt road and towards the roaring screams and shouting above. Georgie smiled, as Peter snuggled closer to his neck. He now had RJ latched on his back and Penny in his other arm. Even if the kids didn't catch one this year, he could honestly say they had fun.

He was proud of his children. Before Georgie could voice this, Jersey flew from the top of a nearby tree, swooped down and within seconds, was back up in the air. In his jaw, lined perfectly with his teeth, as the Turkey. It flopped about for a while before it became very still.

"Nice one, Jersey."

Jersey's laughter roared and echoed in the trees. "Was beginin' ta' think ya' gave up and headed back to the Truck, Porgie."

Georgie placed the kids down. "Ya' kiddin' me, Jersey? And miss all this?"

From the cornr of his eye, Hans darted across the road and after another one of the Turkey's fellow members. The kids trailed behind Hans, howling and leaping to get further. John arrived by Georgie's side.

"Ready Porgie?" John leans forward. "Hop on. Let's go after them."

Georgie grabs a handful of John's fur, as the Wolf leaps into the brush and after Hans.

"EDWARD GOT ONE-"

That was the last thing they heard before John pounced upon an unsuspecting Turkey walking around. The beast's fangs dug into the creatures neck, as he twisted it with his mouth. Georgie noticed another run across, hoping to find shelter among the trees.

"Nice try, bird-" Georgie cocks his gun. "I BLOODY HATE BIRDS!!"

Georgie pulls the trigger, as the Turkey falls to the ground. He picks up the deceased bird and places it in a duffle bag wrapped around John's neck.

"Nice, Porgie....nice. Didn't think you had it in you...."

Georgie smirks. "No confidence, eh Wolf?"

"DADDY! Peter got one!"

Smiling, Georgie mounts John's back, as the mighty Wolf heads towards the eager children.

Part 13 soon :) Almost done with the thanksgiving tale! Didn't want to carry on too much. Next part will have more and who caught what. :) Any qustions, you know the drill. BTW, sorry for the lack of 'not' writing; gotta get things ready for our own Thanksgiving this year. Got the tickets, bags are semi-packed and to be honest, ready and can't wait.

Also, we find out the gender of the baby this month! :D Everyone but two people are saying the baby is a girl. Either way, I'm excited and can't wait to see him or her. <3

• The Fall

Two days passed

Snow and Makoto sat on a bench in The Woodlands. Alyx left to get coffee

"I can't believe she's gone..." Snow said

"Why do you care? I thought you hated her?" Makoto said

Snow glared at him "Out of all the people to say that I didn't think it'd be you, she's family!"

"Sorry just curious." Makoto said

Alyx came back "So when is Bigby getting here?" She said

"He should be here soon. After you guys went to sleep Bigby found Bluebeard trying to murder Jack." Snow said.

So he's in custody? Shit....Makoto thought

"Are we done here?" He asked

"I guess I thought you wanted to wait for Bigby?" Snow said

Makoto walked away.

"Uh should someone stop him?" Alyx said

"No leave him be he's had a rough couple of days." Snow said

"Oh about his parents." Alyx replied "His mother is recovering rapidly quicker than I thought."

"You know where she is!?" Snow was surprised

"Of course I do. Luke built me to keep track of him and Naoto, Although I couldn't start my systems until he died." Alyx said

"So he knew he was going to die all this time and didn't tell anyone?" Snow said

"He wanted you guys to stay happy and so he decided not to tell anyone." Alyx said

"How could he not tell anyone!? Does he know how much his death has caused!" Snow started to cry

"That I don't know I can't hear dead people." Alyx said "But I do know this Naoto is recovering fast and she's not in the right mind as of late, I see havoc in the future."

Bigby walked up. "Uh did I miss something?"

"Luke knew he was going to die from day one and built her to look after Luke and Naoto secretly." Snow said

"So Naoto is still here?" Bigby said

"Yup and according to her she's not going to come back peacefully" Snow said

"Makoto isn't going to like this." Bigby said

"Well we can't just hold it from him." Snow said

"We could plus remembrance day is tonight, and I need you to go with me." Bigby said

"No he needs to know now!" Snow said

"Okay! I'll go tell him you just make sure you're ready for tonight." Bigby said

"I'm coming too!" Alyx said

Bigby and Alyx left to find Makoto.

"Heeeeeeeeey Makoto! You in here?" Alyx said, they were in his apartment.

"I told you he wouldn't be here." Bigby said

"Oh yeah? Where is he?" Alyx said

"He's in the business office." Bigby said

In the business office

"Hey Makoto? What'cha up to?" Alyx said

Makoto turned "Hmmm? Nothing waiting why?"

"Hey we need to tell you something." Bigby said

Makoto nodded "Okay"

"Your mother is coming back and Alyx here says it isn't going to be pretty." Bigby said

Makoto nodded "I'll stop her."

"Are you sure kid? She's pretty unstable and barely knows who you are she could kill you without hesitation." Bigby said

"So? It's not like she's family. The person I consider my mother is dead." Makoto said

"C'mon kid that isn't fair." Bigby said

"Makoto, she's your mother." Alyx said

"If she tries to kill me then I'll do the same. Snow always told me kill or be killed in a fight." Makoto said

"I don't think the same principles apply." Bigby said

"It does now." Makoto said walking out of the room

"Alyx keep an eye on him things might get heated if she shows up tonight." Bigby said

"She won't show today." Alyx said

"Okay good get Makoto to his apartment somebody is waiting for him." Bigby said

"Oh you mean Rose Red?" Alyx said

"This is why you two aren't going to the remembrance day celebration you'd ruin my parlor scene." Bigby said leaving

Alyx brought Makoto to his apartment

"Rose!?" Makoto said

"Hey there...." Rose said

"Where did you go I thought you were dead what happened!?" Makoto said

"I had to disappear for a bit.....I needed to pay Bluebeard back without getting married to him." Rose explained

"You could've told me I was worried! I.......I thought I lost family" Makoto started to cry

"No everything is going to be okay now. I should've clued you in on my plan" Rose hugged him "Now I gotta go back to the celebration and I'll be back this time."

"Okay" He said wiping his tears and smiling "You better."

Alyx was shocked "Makoto are you smiling!?"

He nodded, Rose left and Makoto decided to go to sleep.

That's it! Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• edited November 2014

Prologue

"To the Farm"

Alt text

"Why should I bloody fuckin' care, John?"

"She'll save you, too."

"How the fuck is she gunna 'elp me and-"

"The witches didn't tell me HOW or WHEN but its going to happen in time."

"You really wanna believe that, Wolf?"

"No. No, I don't. You of all the fucking people. Bigby there thinks I've lost it. We'll create enemies and honestly, this thing will be something to speak of for years to come. But if you saw what I saw, you'd know WHY I'm here, letting Swineheart fix you up and allowing you a second chance at life. So, either shut the fuck up and take this offer or I'll let my dear friend over there make THIS hurt even more until you agree. Got it?"

"Fuck you, Wolf..."

Georgie could immediatly feel the pain, as he climbed to the back of the Truck heading to the Farm. John made good to his promise, as he stood back and allowed the Sheriff to bury his claws into Georgie's gaping wound. After several seconds, Georgie's strong will was broken and he allowed John to explain the process and where this led Georgie.

Georgie, bag in hand, leaned his head against the back window. Grups of people formed around the Woodland gates, as Bigby stood nearby, smoking his cigarette. Flycatcher, smiling in Gerogie's direction, held the keys to the Truck against his breast pocket. Snow White, battling her way through the angry mob, handed the files and papers to Flycatcher.

"Make sure they get these, please. You'll have John with you, so he'll remind you and-"

Snow's voice trailed off, as Georgie looked out to the streets. Holly ans Gren continued tossing pebbles in his direction; Johann, Gwen, Jack and several others stood in silence, as their demands to 'tear Georgie apart' roared into the early morning.

"Let me at him!" Gren demanded, throwing another pebble. "Let me rip that ugly ol' head off and-"

"Gren, that is enough."

Everyone stood back and watched as John made his way through the crowd.

"Folker..." Holly hissed, as Gren tried tripping the Wolf. "You have no business here-"

"If it involves MY children and their well being, then it DOES become my business."

"This is bullshit! So now everytime one of US has a vision or the Witch tells us something, we have free reign and-"

"You didn't see what I saw and therefore, you have no right to talk to me as if you did. I will handle this all."

Holly folds her arms. "You seriously gonna let this creature walts into OUR community and take over this lowlife?"

It was like daggers in the heart, as Georgie noticed their eyes all on him. His belly began to burn, as John walked over to his side and peered in.

"How you doing, Porgie?"

"Could be better, Wolf..."

Bigby walks around the corner. He hands Georgie a cigarette; at first, he refuses the offer but taking this as an 'I'm kind of sorry,' Georgie grabs it and lights up. Snow continues to push the angry crowd back.

"He doesn't deserve a chance, Snow!"

"Please, I know this is difficult for some of you to grasp and comprehend but-"

"What is there to comprehend!? Throw his ass down the Well! Tear his head off!"

"WE need to reframe ourselves from what took place with the Crooked Man. We need to pull ourselves up from the mud and try making this a community that can fall back on Justice. Starting with Georgie Porgie-"

Snow holds up a long list of reasons why he was going to the Farm. Bigby and John stand back, as his punishment is read.

"Georgie Porgie. For hiding crucial evidence, tampering with evidence, the involvement with both murders and the Crooked Man, we find you guilty of all counts. Therefore, as punishment, you are hearby sent to the Farm and are to particiapte in heavy labor and harsh climates until your time there is up. When you return, we'll discuss your involvement with Fabletown. Any last words?"

Georgie looked out. His Bouncer, Hans, glared deep into Georgie's eyes. In his hand, he held the golden box containing Nick. Georgie held up his hand.

"Hans....may I-"

Hans walked past the eyes now watching him. He walked over to Georgie.

"Yes....sir?"

Georgie places his palm on Hans' chest. "Ya' were good to me, boy. Real good. I'm....I'm sorry, Hans. For everything."

"Georgie-"

"Just, stop Hans. I treated ya' like shit. Ya' were the only one that actually LIKED me and stood by my side. Ya' were loyal, kind and considerate. Things I took for granted."

"She'll be here when you get back. Just like I will."

Georgie was stunned. "Ya' ain't going?"

Hans shakes his head. "You took me in when no one else would. You were like family to me. For all these years. I'll be here."

Georgie tried to hold back the flood of emotion. He opened the golden box, as a tiny blue orb floated out and looked deep into Georgie's eyes.

"Nick-"

"Look at you, Georgie. This right here-THIS is what I was worried about. You promised me. You said you had this! You and that girl...you both just-"

"I know, Nick."

"NOW look at you, Georgie! I wanted better for you....you promised me you had this....you swore to me."

Georgie looked down at the bed of the Truck; the jeers frm the crowd and the look from Nick was all he could take that day. Georgie knew he had failed. He knew he was a disappointment. Flycatcher grabbed Georgie's arm.

"You ready, bud? Georgie nods. "Alright, here we go..."

Snow nods to John, who climbs into the passenger seat. The doors slam shut, as the engine hums and roars. Bigby contains the crowd, as Snow looks at Georgie.

"Georgie Porgie-"

Georgie looks up. "Snow White...."

"Please. For the sake of this community and yourself....."

Georgie could only nod, as the Truck pulled away. The crowd grew smaller, as Flycatcher headed to Georgie's fate. Before long, the city was gone and he was surrounded by open spaces and wild beasts. As the Truck pulled up, everyone seemed surprised to see Georgie Porgie in the back. Even Colin, Toad and TJ held their tongues, as Georgie exited the Truck and onto the Farm.

Georgie was officially alone.

Just a brief few pages in regards to Georgie and how he and Lyla came to be. I had several questions about this and how he managed to change. I'll explain more as it goes on; I briefly tackled this issue but apparently my readers and viewers of my fan art demand more explanation! XD Any questions, you know the drill.

• Poor Georgie :( Although I guess it's better than dying!

Prologue "To the Farm" "Why should I bloody fuckin' care, John?" "She'll save you, too." "How the fuck is she gunna 'elp me

• LOL Of course, Tezoth! You have won this round! :P I'll take me some Blue Boy! XD

My love for her is far more greater. >:3

• "Wot ya' doin', Hans?" Georgie watched Hans lay flat on his belly. "Ya' gunna scare the Turkey away..."

"I got this, Georgie. They can't see me...."

I just pictured this big blonde man running out and chasing after a Turkey! XD You give them such character, pie. I love it.

"Daddy, this isn't fair...he's stuck."

"But, it would be like if he was running out 'here and-"

Peter shakes his head. "No....its not. He's watching it, knows its coming."

This was too cute. Peter and the others are such loving kids. :)

And that ending; I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together. This was indeed a fun read. :)

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 12: The Hunt Jersey perched himself upon a branch and waited for the Turkeys to cross his path; he could s

• I'm glad you are coming back to this; a lot of people actually agree that Georgie should have ended up at the Farm and if a 2nd season happens, he and Bigby team up. To be honest, that would be fun-vengence is his. NOT saying the ending was horrible but it seemed rushed and too quick to pin Georgie; I know I left him, so you never know. A lot of people left him and he is Fable...:) I'm like you. He ain't dead. #TeamGeorgie Forever XD

Anyways, got off topic. I love this idea; Bigby returns with John and they save him because of the fate he holds for not only himself but for another. The idea of Fabletown watching, as they send of Georgie was wonderful to picture; I could see Gren and Holly and even Hans' devestated look.

Georgie places his palm on Hans' chest. "Ya' were good to me, boy. Real good. I'm....I'm sorry, Hans. For everything."

"Georgie-"

"Just, stop Hans. I treated ya' like shit. Ya' were the only one that actually LIKED me and stood by my side. Ya' were loyal, kind and considerate. Things I took for granted."

"She'll be here when you get back. Just like I will."

Georgie was stunned. "Ya' ain't going?"

Hans shakes his head. "You took me in when no one else would. You were like family to me. For all these years. I'll be here."

Georgie tried to hold back the flood of emotion.

This. All this. The emotion you painted by just this section. And Nick. His guiding light.

"Georgie Porgie-"

Georgie looks up. "Snow White...."

"Please. For the sake of this community and yourself....."

This made me tear up and I'll tell you why: I don't like Snow. (Waits for the Boo's and Jeers) I just don't. She's a bitch. Now, with this, it seems like Snow REALLY wants Georgie to learn and change. She has high hopes for him. :)

Georgie was officially alone.

And there goes my heart. :(

This was really good, Pie. I'm glad you are going back because I still had questions; this will surely answer them. BTW love that pic! Loving the 'Disney' feeling. :)

Prologue "To the Farm" "Why should I bloody fuckin' care, John?" "She'll save you, too." "How the fuck is she gunna 'elp me

• edited November 2014

Well, let's not be hasty here, Robert. ;) I haven't exactly told Rose I loved her yet, though I may have made it quite obvious to her in previous... events. Anyway, if you can somehow get past Snow, you can get Boy Blue. :P

LOL Of course, Tezoth! You have won this round! :P I'll take me some Blue Boy! XD

• you are the best XD I will be the first to join it!

If Rose appears in (the totally possible) season 2 of TWAU, I'm making an appreciation thread for her. No ifs, ands, or adversaries!

• Scarlett stared at her sister's bed. It was early Thanksgiving morning, and everyone was exhausted.

"It's all my fault," She whispered.

The silence was driving her mad. She kept her eyes glued to the headboard as the sun gently raised above the horizon, piercing it's rays through the thin hospital blinds and across the spotless floor. It brought a flood of nostalgia to Scar's heart, the morning she'd waken up in Jackson's bed. It was on a weekend, when his mother and sister were on a trip out of town together. Her body tensed at the thought of him.

It's all my fault. The words echoed in her head, making it pound with a headache.

The nurse opened the door, startling Scarlett. She watched the woman take vitals, adjusting knobs on the machines and then leave. This happened every two hours.

"Wake up, Ellie." Scarlett said. She was not angry. She was not sad. She just wanted her sister to wake up so that she could say sorry, and to know that she was alright.

A half an hour passed by, the sun in full view through the cracks in the blinds. She stood, opening the curtains wide, squinting at the brightness. How can the world be so happy when it was such a depressing place to be?

She would never know the answer to that for certain, no. Scarlett paced, her sneakers squeaking as she spun on her heels. Her eyes looked down at her sister's face. It would be permanently scarred from the shards of glass that had to be removed. Tears forced their way out the corners of her eyes and she knelt down, crumbling the sheets under her fists and wiping her face into the fabric.

A hand apprehended her. Startled once more, she looked up. It was Elora's hand. She didn't talk, she just tightened her grip on Scarlett's wrist, tighter and tighter.

"Elora? Elora, are you okay?" Scarlett uttered. Elora's eyes snapped open frantically, searching for the source of the voice she heard.

"I'm right here, it's your sister, Scar. Elora, can you hear me?"

Elora nodded. "I..." She cleared her throat. "My throat is sore. And so is...the rest of me. What happened? What happened?"

Scar's fingers brushed over her sister's hands. She was bruised all over, a long road of recovery ahead of her.

"You were hurt. You were in an accident. Dad was in the ambulance with you."

Elora narrowed her eyes as she stared at her sister. She was silent for a long time, reassembling her thoughts. "....Why are you so old looking, Scar?"

Confused, Scarlett let go of her sister's hand. "What do you...mean?"

"You look like a big kid. How old am I?" Her eyes were sad, like she was scared and unsure herself. Just before Scarlett could answer, her mother nonchalantly strolled in, carrying a bag of whatever she grabbed for breakfast.

"I got you the cinnamon roll like you-" Harmony sucked in a shallow breath, as soon as she lay eyes on her daughters. "Elora! You're awake!"

Elora sat up in her bed, though did so very weakly. "What's going on, Mommy? What happened to me?"

Harmony set down the food and sat on the edge of the bed. She softly brushed her daughter's messy hair out of the way. "You were in an accident-"

"I know I was!" Elora yelled, visibly frustrated. "Why does everyone look so different!? How old am I?"

The shock on Harmony's face broke Scarlett's heart. She looked away, another bout of tears streaming down her face.

"I don't...understand," Harmony whispered. "What do you mean-....You're 17, Elora."

"But I am...10...I was 10....what happened to my head Mommy...?" Elora's eyes went glossy, and she began to shake uncontrollably. The machines strapped to her body were buzzing and whirring like crazy and the doctors burst in, ordering the Scarlett and her mother out of the room. Scarlett kept looking back in a panic as they were pushed out of the door, her sister's body flailing in all directions.

"I need to stay by her!" Scarlett protested. "It was my fault! It's all my fault....It's all my fault..." Her voice grew weaker with defeat. She felt the embrace of her mother, but was numb to what she was saying and what was happening. She stood there limply as the tears ceased to fall. She was empty of all liquids and emotions.

I feel like there isn't too much activity on the page lately. Posting this late, almost 11 here >.> Hope you like this, and I hope this 'Technically' counts as the challenge, considering it said:

Make a story detailing what your Fable will do in order to have the perfect Thanksgiving feast.

Which can interpret to mean that the character did all they could to make a perfect Thanksgiving, although it ended up not necessarily happening.

Oh, don't worry. There WILL be a Thanksgiving, even if it's not ON Thanksgiving for my characters <3 Rough times are rough.

• "I don't...understand," Harmony whispered. "What do you mean-....You're 17, Elora."

"But I am...10...I was 10....what happened to my head Mommy...?"

Loving the deep emotion here and I was like DAFUQ is going on!? Elora is having a moment and I'm assuming tis brain trauma but that's just a very simple guess. :) Scarlett really blames herself for her sister's inccident, which in the condition she is in and the BS she has to deal with, I'd say she has gone too far. Poor thing; these girls really need to take a moment but after Elora being rushed off, who knows when that will be.

Harm and the others have so much to deal with; Thanksgiving at the moment can wait. Hopefully nothing TOO severe will take place but I can never seem to get guesses right these days. XD

I feel like there isn't too much activity on the page lately.

I noticed this on Friday; I can only speak for myself as to the very little activity. I've been very busy and preoccupied with various other tasks. Baby, work, school, moved to a bigger place. Plus, have to prepare for my Thanksgiving; we are traveling to Florida this year and its taken up a lot of time, preparing for this trip. I'm sure once the holidays pass it will pick up. :) BTW congrats on the car. I remember my 1st car...piece of shit that thing was! XD

Scarlett stared at her sister's bed. It was early Thanksgiving morning, and everyone was exhausted. "It's all my fault," She whispered.

• This was great! :D I have noticed the little activity as well, I just got a cold on friday, and only got to post one part on both of them when I wanted to do two :( I think people may be a bit busy though! They'll be back! :D

Scarlett stared at her sister's bed. It was early Thanksgiving morning, and everyone was exhausted. "It's all my fault," She whispered.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.