Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• edited November 2014

Oh, Hans - the man's more lovable than a puppy in a sock.

Without looking further down the page to see what happens, I'm going to say that the kids are going to come out on top!

pudding_pie posted: »

Thanksgiving challenge Part 11: Let's hunt The fog was rising above the trees and surrounding the anxious hunters; they stayed close a

• My, those eyes are captivating!

Since I've been seeing Rose Red in a couple of recent chapters made by you guys, I've deemed it appropriate that I share a Rose Red picture with you all in return! This excellent image has been made by the talented 'TashinaJacob' on DA.

• Oh, dear! This chapter and the one before it are real curve-balls! How bad the mental injuries will be is the main question here; at least she seems okay physically. How everyone else will feel I simply don't know.

Those fun times really didn't last long, but this is great drama.

Also, congratulations on the car, get well soon for the tooth, and break a leg for the play! You do say 'break a leg' in America, right? Because if you don't, that could be horribly misunderstood. And I've noticed it's been a little quiet too, though other than yesterday I've been around, as you're probably well aware from that curious conversation that all started with the Illuminati. :L

EMMYPESS posted: »

Scarlett stared at her sister's bed. It was early Thanksgiving morning, and everyone was exhausted. "It's all my fault," She whispered.

• edited November 2014

War: The Beginning

Five days later the last day of the war, Naoto stood over her son loading her gun.

"You know with all this training you went through that Alyx told me about you were quite easy to beat." She smiled

Makoto smiled spitting up blood "That thing you summoned did the fighting for you" He turned to Alyx "So much for friends huh?"

"Luke programmed me to choose a side" She replied

"Of course" He said

Naoto aimed her gun, Makoto closed his eyes.......BANG

Five days earlier

"C'mon Snow why do I have to go with you?" Rose said

"Part of your community service Rose, we're bringing Makoto and Alyx too." Snow said

"Well I guess it won't be that bad." Rose said

Makoto and Alyx walked to the truck "Everything all set?" Makoto asked

"Yup! Let's get going Snow!" Alyx said happily.

"Alright! Alright! We're going." Snow said

"Bigby? Can you handle things over here?" Snow asked

"Yup, I got it." Bigby said

They headed to The Farm

When they got to The Farm there was a crowd of people greeting Snow and the others but when Makoto stepped out they all backed off a bit and were on edge.

"It's okay guys, Makoto is older and knows what he's doing." Snow said

"Yeah I'm sorry about last time guys...."Makoto said

"It's okay kid!" A pig laughed

Makoto smiled and got his bags.

"How long will you be staying Miss White?" the other pig said

"Only a couple nights." Snow said while their group walked away

"We gotta get her to stay here longer." the pig said

"Yes lets kill her this time round! The Revolution begins!" the other pig said

The pig hit the other "Not so loud idiot!"

While Makoto and the others were walking over to the cottage he noticed a woman with really long brown hair.

"He's looking at you call him over!" A man said pointing a gun at the back of her head

"Okay! Okay!" She said "Hey! Come here!" The woman yelled

Makoto noticed she was yelling to him and walked over. Something didn't feel right.

"Hey there!" She smiled

"Hi, I'm Makoto" He smiled "Who's your friend?"

The man was shocked he knew he was there he holstered his gun and walked over.

"I'm Phillip" The man said "And this woman has amnesia so we don't know her name or anything."

"Sorry" she laughed

"That's quite alright" Makoto smiled, he held out a hand to bring her with him "I'll help you find your memories"

"Y-you would!?" She blushed sounding excited

"Well that's why you called me over right?" He said

"Oh! Yes! That's right." She said

"Wait I got some questions" Phillip said

"Okay fire away." Makoto said

After several questions they realized time had flew by, it was already night time.

Phillip left to bed and left Makoto and the girl by themselves.

"Hey? You ever go stargazing?" Makoto said

The girl looked puzzled "Stargazing? No."

"Well you sit on a hill to get the best look but we could lay here and look" Makoto said

"Okay" The girl nodded

They lay down and stare at the stars.

"So how does it feel to forget everything?" Makoto asked

"It's weird, I try to remember who I am, what am I doing here and all I get is blanks." She said

"That is weird" Makoto said "Well how hard can it be?" He smiled

"Don't ask me I have no idea." She laughed

They both started laughing the night away.

"Well we should give you a name for now" Makoto said

"Name?" She said with a puzzled look on her face

"Yeah like my name is Makoto." He said

"Oh! okay. Ummmm" She looked like she was thinking really hard

"What about Mary?" Makoto suggested

She shook her head "How about......Celeste?" She said

"I like it! if you like it then use that!" Makoto said

"Okay!" Celeste smiled

After that they said their goodbyes and went to bed.

That's it! Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• Like JJ says above, the idea of Hans chasing a turkey is rather amusing. xD Reminds me of something from a Looney Tunes!

I respect Georgie for letting the trapped turkey go; it would have probably been easier to shoot it, but he took care of what his children were saying.

Hope you have a great journey! I've absolutely no real way of guessing the gender of your baby, but seeing as you mention it I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a boy. Which may or may not have anything to do with the idea of a bowler hat.

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 12: The Hunt Jersey perched himself upon a branch and waited for the Turkeys to cross his path; he could s

• Thanksgiving Challenge

Part 13: Turkeys are yummy

Maybe is was intuition but Mini and Hans Junior had the Turkey pinned to the ground. The two butterballs held up their catch; their father, now screaming into the air, pulled the trigger and managed to finally catch one. The creature was a fine one, as Hans grabbed the lifeless bird and examined it. Mini, now in Wolf form, pulled several feathers from her lips.

"Daddy, do you see the bird we caught?"

Hans gave a nod. "That is a pretty big bird, kids. Good job!"

Hans was still focused on his catch; the centuries he'd been in the mundy world, never once did he ever picture himself in hunting gear, with a freshly caught Turkey for dinner. His concentration was broken when he noticed his boss jump from the brush, aim the gun and shoot. Another Turkey falls to the ground, as several others scatter in different directions.

Georgie whistles. "Kids, ova' here! The bloody little bastards are ova' there!"

RJ and Peter rush out from behind Georgie and chase after the birds. Penelope has one caught in between her teeth, as she walks over to her cousins. Peter leaps into the air, lands on an unsuspecting bird. Peter sinks his fangs into the bird's neck, as RJ comes back with a Turkey in his hand.

"You caught one, RJ!" Peter yips around in a circle. "Did you see me!? Did you see me catch this bird, RJ?"

"Yeah, kiddo. You look good."

A familiar voice echoed before RJ could answer. Bigby, wearing his heavy trench coat and scarf, walks out; behind him, Malcom follows wearing a beanie, mittens, scarf and a jacket. Peter smiles, as he holds up the bird.

"You caught that by yourself, kiddo?" Bigby is pleased. "Wow, he's a pretty big guy, too."

"Uh huh! He thought he could out smart me but I got it!" RJ caught one, too!"

As Peter mentions RJ, his uncle Gren storms into the clearing; behind him, a rather large group of Turkeys flap their wings, peck at his neck and hind legs. The Grendel spins around, hoping to either lose them or smash them against a rock. Malcom and Bigby fall into a laughing riot, as the kids stand by and watch the ongoing train wreck.

"You alright there, Gren!?" Malcom continues to laugh. "Looks like they caught YOU!"

Gren flips Malcom off, as he continues running from the angry mob of feathered fiends. Bigby shakes his scruffy head.

"He is something else, that Gren..."

Bigby pauses when his dear friend John returns to his man form; John dusts himself off, as he embraces Malcom and Bigby. He looks down at his grandsons and their catch.

"Wow, you boys catch these all by yourself?"

Both boys agree. "They thought they could outsmart us but papa we did it!"

John smiles. "Well, my little hunters. Think you have done very well for-

"YA' BLOODY WANKERS! I SEE YA' HIDDEN' THERE!"

Bigby looks up and sniffs the air. He cracks a smile. "Cool Water?"

John nods. "Yup...."

"Georgie?"

POW POW POW "FUCK, HANS-OVA' THERE! THAT'S JUST BLOODY MARVELOUS, YA' LITTLE CUNTS-"

Bigby covers Peter and RJ's ears. John laughs, as he leads the others back to the battle between brawns, brains and the beasts. Edward and Ethan are found sitting on a log; they are too focused on Hans and Georgie, now aiming at anything that moves or has the apperance of birds. Jersey, avoiding the random gun fire, flies down and perches on a nearby branch. In his hands, he holds two dead Turkeys.

Jersey points. "The fuck?"

"BOSS-"

"KEEP SHOOTIN,' YA' OX!"

John laughs, as he grabs Ethan's gun and fires into the air. They both pause, turn and see the group watching them. John hands Ethan his rifle back.

"Having fun, boys?"

Georgie and Hans drop their guns; the kids now join in the laughter, as Georgie whistles and walks back to the Truck. Hans is beat red and tries to cover his face.

"Oh how embarassing..."

Georgie opens the passenger door, slides in and busts up in a laughing riot.

"Did ya' bloody see that, Hans!? Me, Georgie Porgie, hunting with Wolves and Grendels for Turkeys!"

Gren managed to escape the Turkeys, as he runs into the nearest vehicle and slams the door. Georgie turns to see his brother-in-law; there are visible scratches, claw marks and several feathers sticking up from his head. His once neatly greased back hair is a mess. Georgie continues to laugh. Gren pants, folds his arms and mumbles.

"Yeah, well...I had them...."

Georgie snorts. "No, bloody looks like THEY 'ad you, Gren!"

John digs into his pant pockets. With the help from his brothers and the kids, the Turkeys are placed in the duffle bags and tossed in the back. Jersey, still in his true form, sits gently on the roof of John's truck. The beast cleans his claws and face, as everyone piles into the vehicles. John sighs.

"Now THAT'S what I call hunting, boys. You kids have fun?"

RJ, Peter and Penny all cheer and agree; however, within minutes, they grab a blanket and cover their tiny bodies up and close their eyes. Gren yawns and leans his head back; the kids had the right idea, for he too was exhausted and ready for a nap. John looks back; his brothers are rocking out in the car with Hans, Mini and Junior. Above, Jersey shakes his mighty head and follows closely behind.

"Have fun, Porgie?"

"It was fun, John...neva' thought in all my life-"

"Yeah. Well, since you did come out with us, perhaps I could try some of that British food you have my daughter cooking for you..."

Georgie grins. "Even the bloody puddin', John?"

John makes a sour face. "Sure, Porgie...we all stepped out of our comfort pants this year....so, why not?"

Georgie smiles, pats John on the shoulder and leans back. Snoring in the back, Gren and the kids fell into a slumber and were now on board to dream world. Georgie closed his eyes; he figured a quick moment of shut eye was well over-due.

Georgie's last memory was John's mighty hand clamped on his shoulder, as they headed back to Smith Manor.

Part 14 soon :)

Figure had time for a page; may continue on chapter 35 and the prolouge if I have time. Doing a BBQ with family and friends; gotta catch up on studying, midterms....the usual BS. Find out the gender of our baby this week! :D Any questions, you know the drill.

• Well, Robert is telling you to get your Dragon ass out there and grab that red-haired beauty! Do the whole scene from the 'Little Mermaid.' Why....cause the Grendel has spoken, that's why! XD

if you can somehow get past Snow, you can get Boy Blue. :P

WAAAAY ahead of you, man! XD

Well, let's not be hasty here, Robert. I haven't exactly told Rose I loved her yet, though I may have made it quite obvious to her in previous... events. Anyway, if you can somehow get past Snow, you can get Boy Blue. :P

• Oh crap! That's right! I always forget Mini can change into a Wolf! XD Pay attention, JJ. lol

Georgie whistles. "Kids, ova' here! The bloody little bastards are ova' there!"

RJ and Peter rush out from behind Georgie and chase after the birds.

Georgie is such a good daddy; its too cute how he and the kids are teaming up to catch the Turkeys!

That section with Gren was too much. He was so cocky and was determined to catch the birds but instead, they tried to catch HIM for dinner. XD

The bit where Hans and Georgie pretty much went gun happy and are shooting at anything that looks like a bird. XD I swear, pie-the detail you have paints these images and all I could see was this enormous man-an OK, as Georgie calls him-and this skinny little British man, back to back, shooting at Turkeys. Well done, my friend. Well done.

And then the end; too freaking cute with the kids falling asleep, Gren joining them, the smith brothers rocking out and John with Georgie. I'm pleased they have put all differences aside and learned to get along for the sake of Lyla and the kids. Now, its dinner time!!

BTW, I text you about today; am I still bringing potato salad? :) Also, an although you are not writing as much, its all good; everyone is busy and when you get to it is when you get to it. :) Also, my $$$ is still on girl, dude! Little Emily. :)

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 13: Turkeys are yummy Maybe is was intuition but Mini and Hans Junior had the Turkey pinned to the ground.

• Chapter 17

Fix them up

Rose tossed the instructions aside, as Robert hammered a shelf near the window.

"Uh, hello, Rose-you need that and-"

Rose smiles. "I GOT this, Grendel, okay? Just shut your lips and let me..."

Rose takes a large wooden part, connects it to a metal bar and adds several more wooden pieces. Robert takes a moment to watch Rose now struggle to insert the large wooden rod into the other opening.

"Too big, huh Rose?"

Rose tries hard not to laugh. "That's what SHE said, Robert."

Robert rolls his eyes, as he tosses a Teddy Bear at Rose.

"Stop goofing around. We have a lot to do here..."

"Relax, Robby. We got this."

Rose adds on another piece, just as Lyla enters the room. She carries a toy chest into the room and places it beside the dresser. Adjusting the lamp located near the alarm clock, she takes a moment to glance around the room.

"It looks great in here you two."

Rose holds her hands up. "Thank you, thank you. You're too kind, Porgie. Just so ever kind."

Lyla giggles. "You guys getting hungry yet?"

"Kinda, Wolf."

Rose stands up and wips her hands on a nearby rag. She takes her cellphone out and begins to dial the familiar number.

"Who are you calling, Rose?"

"The usual, Robert? Lyla you seem like a Chow Mein and Orange chicken kind of girl."

Robert sighs. "Rose, we just HAD that last night and to be honest, what does LYLA want to-"

"That actually sounds really good, Robert. Where you going, Rose?"

"The Chinese Kitchen."

"Get me the number two, extra sauce on my noodles and my beef spicy. He'll know."

Rose nods. "Niiiice, Lyla. Alright, be right back-"

Rose leaves the room, as Lyla turns on the music. 'September' by Earth, Wind and Fire plays, as Lyla grabs a paint brush, dips it and begins painting the walls. Robet stands back and watches as her hips sway back and forth. He cleasrs his throat, as he holds out a hand.

"May I have this dance, Foxy lady?"

Lyla laughs. "Of course, you fine dancing machine."

Lyla and Robert find themselves in the middle of the room. They bumped hips, twirled in their spots, clapped and proceded to pull of John Travolta from 'Saturday Night Fever.' When Robert nearly crashed into the bed, he paused and laughed.

"I was always so bad at dancing."

Lyla smiles. "Well, better than I ever was. At least you HAVE rythem."

Robert traces the bed with his finger. "Can't believe that I have a son..."

"You excited to have him stay here with you?"

"You kidding me-I have it all ready and planned for RJ. He'll love it...he'll never want to go back to the Farm ever again."

"I had no other option, Robert."

Robert looks out the window. "I know..."

There was silence. Lyla procceded to finish painting the walls. She knew when Robert had enough and needed to be alone; he was too much like Gren in that department, no matter how much he tried to ignore it.

"I miss you, Lyla."

Lyla, now coating her brush with a think layer of paint, looks over. "There were times I missed you too, Robert."

"I'm here for you....if, well, you and Georgie should ever, well...you know...."

"Georgie and I are forever connected and I love him with every part of my being. We have a strong relationship."

"Sometimes strong buildings crumble in time from the weather."

Lyla glared up. "What are you trying to tell me, Robert?"

"Oh come on, Lyla. You really think Georgie can change over night? Centuries of drug abuse, loose women, that club-"

"People make mistakes, Robert. That's the beauty of a relationship-you are willing to take a dive into the deep end and hope there is something there to save you."

"And if you do, Lyla, you drown, should nothing be there to save you."

"So be it."

Robert huffed. "He get's you and I'm stuck here wondering what the fuck happend and-"

"We've been over this, Robert. I had no idea my father was going to do that to my memory and I already told you-I wasn't looking for a relationship!"

"Oh but Georgie Porgie get's one and-"

"Leave Georgie out of this! He's a good man and-"

"A good man, Lyla?" Robert kicks the dresser. "Look around you, Lyla! He was a monster! He killed people, he ruined lives-he was notorious with the drugs, women, abuse-you name it! He was sent to the Farm as punishment, no one likes him and you felt the need to be with him because a Witch said so!?"

Lyla drops the brush into the paint bucket. Rose could be heard outside, as she finished up the orders. Lyla closed her eyes. She had no more tears for Robert Grendel, as she sighed and grabbed her things.

"So what, that's it-you're going to walk away!? Lyla-"

Robert reaches for Lyla's hand. Before he could react, Lyla had her teeth buried in his arm; the blood ran to the sides, as Robert pulled back and stared at the now menacing she-Wolf headed for the door.

"You, of all people, have no right to speak to me OR Georgie like that."

Robert tries to stop the bleeding. "Lyla, I didn't mean that! I was-"

"Of course you meant it, Robert. Anyone that brings it up ALWAYS means it!"

"Lyla-"

"YOU, Gren, Rose, Snow, Bigby-my father-none of you have the right to judge me or Georgie's relationship. I saved him, he saved me-"

Robert was now pleaing. "How, Lyla...please! I'm sorry and-"

"NONE of you have the right; your brother has killed HUNDREDS of Warriors before! Bigby was no saint, yet everyone welcomes him with open arms and want HIM to have a second chance. You Fables have the odasity to point the finger..."

"Lyla, I didn't mean to. I'm sorry. Let's just forget it and-"

"And what, Robert? In two days you'll bring it up again, huh? Are you going to do this around RJ because he LOVES Georgie!"

"I'd never do that, Lyla..."

"WHY not!? You're doing it now!"

Rose walks into the room. The tension was heavy and thick, as she watched Lyla snarl and bare her teeth at Robert. Robert, now in a corner, began to tend to his wounds.

"Georgie has made mistakes. We ALL made mistakes. He loves those kids...he loves ME. He knows what he's done, Robert. He does not need you or anyone else reminding him of it..."

Lyla hands Rose the money, as she turns to head out. In her hand, Lyla pulls out a cigarette.

"You have no idea what he's been through...." Lyla walks to the front. "Call me when lunch is here..."

Rose turns to face Robert, now trying to fix the smeared paint and toppled over lamp.

"Did I, uh, miss something?"

Robert ignores Rose, as he continues to fix the bed.

"Here...let me help you."

Chapter 18 coming soon. Got a BBQ today with the ever entertaining Pie. :) Any questions, you know what to do.

• More clarification's fine, and I like jumping about Georgie and Lyla's timeline. Overall, I'm really interested to see how Holly and Gren came to forgive him, and just how Georgie picks himself back up.

Prologue "To the Farm" "Why should I bloody fuckin' care, John?" "She'll save you, too." "How the fuck is she gunna 'elp me

• Colour me an indigo shade of intrigued, because 'Celeste' and Philip sure are a curious pair.

That beginning, though! Gosh, it looks like things are going to get a bit bumpy!

Tetra posted: »

War: The Beginning Five days later the last day of the war, Naoto stood over her son loading her gun. "You know with all this training

• Haha, Gren! I can see that happening to me if I went hunting. xD Aside from him, they all had a great time, though! :D

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 13: Turkeys are yummy Maybe is was intuition but Mini and Hans Junior had the Turkey pinned to the ground.

• Shame the dancing was spoilt by the Georgie remarks. :/ We have a really nice variety of emotional situations on this thread, and I think Robert, Lyla's is fairly unique! Above all, I really hope Robert can find happiness with someone else, or at least be content with Lyla and Georgie. His feelings towards Georgie are only ever going to hurt himself.

Have fun at the BBQ. :)

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 17 Fix them up Rose tossed the instructions aside, as Robert hammered a shelf near the window. "Uh, hello, Rose-you need th

• Yes they are pretty interesting characters, but they could be up to something! Yeah Makoto is in for a bit of a ride this time!

LupineNoir posted: »

Colour me an indigo shade of intrigued, because 'Celeste' and Philip sure are a curious pair. That beginning, though! Gosh, it looks like things are going to get a bit bumpy!

• It is a habit I refuse to break! Curve-balls are the best in storytelling. Just got thrown one while reading the novel I have currently. Found out the main character is the great-granddaughter of this man they had interrogated in the previous book, so it was a huge plot twist!

Yes, 'Break a leg' is something we say sometimes XD The play was fantastic, the students who wrote it did an amazing job. My tooth ache comes and goes, and thanks :) I need to get a job ASAP, so I can make money to maintain it and what not.

Oh, dear! This chapter and the one before it are real curve-balls! How bad the mental injuries will be is the main question here; at least s

• Thanks! I think everyone has been busy these past few days, which is bound to happen. I for one have had an uneventful weekend, and therefore I noticed the lack of attendance.

This was great! I have noticed the little activity as well, I just got a cold on friday, and only got to post one part on both of them when I wanted to do two I think people may be a bit busy though! They'll be back!

• I try my best to evoke the most emotion as possible, without getting too corny or melodramatic. Scarlett really thinks it's her fault for the accident that happened, though in reality it was something that was bound to happen. Elora may change drastically over the course of the next few chapters, as will other family members.

I figure every one was busy this weekend, which is not a bad thing. I wasn't as busy as usual, though I still haven't quite caught up to your most recent chapters. Glad to know you're moving along with things, getting a bigger place and preparing for Junior {Or a mini version of your girlfriend ;) } I wish I was going to Florida T.T Enjoy the time change when you get there, and the lack of In-and-Out Burgers, lol XD

"I don't...understand," Harmony whispered. "What do you mean-....You're 17, Elora." "But I am...10...I was 10....what happened to my

• People gathered around a long table, having fun, eating turkey until they burst, and overall joyful of the holidays.

That was what was supposed to be happening.

Instead, Noah sat on his couch and stared at the concerned faces that surrounded him. Cancellations were sent to every family that was invited, yet 3/4's still showed up to support his family and their sudden tragedy.

"She'll pull through. She's got Bigby's blood in her, and he's always come out alright," Somebody said, though Noah was not paying attention. His younger cousins were crowded in the study, busying themselves with toys they had brought, or messing with the books on the shelves that lined the walls. He watched Eleanor, the youngest of them all, trying to reach for a shelf that was just out of her reach.

"Noah! Can you hand me that blue book?" She begged. Her fingers were lightly grazing the bottom of it's binding.

"Sure, of course," He said, absentmindedly. He didn't think to ask what a 6 year old would want with a copy of Hamlet, nor did he he realize she would probably be drawing on the pages with the pink highlighter she found on top of the desk earlier. As soon as he handed it to her, she bolted, and he took his spot on the love seat as the rest of the children talked among themselves, playing with barbie dolls or trucks.

His cousins Arthur and John came in, Morgan Le Faye's sons. They weren't much older than Mary's girls, both 9 and 11 years old. They had Nintendo DS's in their hands and were constantly spitting out random words like "Instant KO!" or "My Pokemon evolved!"

Clearly, the children were not concerned with the current situation at hand.

Finally, after hours of waiting, his parents, and his sister Scarlett, had arrived home from the hospital. They looked weary, but not overly depressed. He watched his mom from the doorway plop on down on the couch as several guests swarmed to greet her.

"Do you need water? A foot massage?" His uncle Hans joked.

"I need sleep," Harmony moaned, shutting her eyes tightly. She had Snow White on one side of her, and her mother Winter on the other. Noah was not used to seeing Winter as often as Snow, and felt funny calling her "Grandma", since he'd felt as if Snow deserved that term a little more than she did.

Then, there were his 4 uncles, rambunctious young adults who were a bit wild in nature, and talked a little too loud sometimes. Isaac, the least irritating, was of course busy, so the other three decided to take this chance and 'Get to know' their little nephew.

"Man, last time I saw you, you were like....this big," Dare said, gesturing the size with his hands. An infant, Noah noted. Yeah. He decided not to correct them and remind them of at least 5 times where he had visited them at the North Wind Kingdom over these past 17 or so years. He stood uncomfortably as they rambled on and on about how awesome hunting and flying was, and Noah was in total agreeance with them, except that this was no such time to be talking about such things. He caught Ashlyn's eye and squeezed past the brothers, joining her in the kitchen.

The kitchen was an aroma of delicious foods. All who could cook in this family were indeed cooking in their industrial designed kitchen, all 5 turkeys roasting and the various smells you would normally smell during Thanksgiving day. The 'Head' chef, Mary, was leaning over a pot of soup, tasting it to get it perfect.

"Needs more salt- Hey, Frankie! Pass the salt, boy!"

Franklin, the vampire boy, pulled the salt shaker from the spice cabinet and tossed it over as various other relatives bustled about, pulling pies from the oven and switching things around.

"Why is everyone cooking?" Noah asked. He hadn't realized how dazed he truly was until then.

Ash looked at him, amused. "They all feel bad for Mom and Dad and us. They're cooking to show their condolences. Enjoy it brother." She began picking at a freshly done turkey, followed by Mary's wooden spoon slapping her hand red.

"OW! FUCK!" Ash yelled, dropping the meat on the floor.

"Not until dinner time, wolf." Mary said sternly. "And your parents get first dibs. So go sit in the other room and starve until then."

Pouting, Ash instead lead Noah to the backyard. Somehow, the children had made their way from the study to here, light jackets on most of their shoulders as the weather was slowly growing colder.

Noah sighed, sitting upon the steps. His sister joined him, her arm wrapping around his shoulder comfortingly.

"She'll be fine," Ash told him.

"I know." Noah muttered. A cold wind picked up, nipping at his face and causing him to squint at how powerful it was. The sun was slowly setting over the lake that stared at them through the thick trees and the brush. Ashlyn stood and headed indoors, presumably aroused again by the sudden drifting of delectable dishes being prepared in the kitchen behind him. He did not, however, expect his Aunt Adi to replace his sister's spot.

Adi had tan skin, dark brown eyes, and dark brown, almost black hair. She looked like her mother, Nalayani. She was his grandfather Charming's daughter. Adi was about the same age as him, though she always seemed older and more responsible in his eyes. Like a big sister, sometimes.

She was silent for a little while, joining him as they watched the kids chase lightning bugs and play some weird version of tag.

"My mother used to tell me that to worry too much does no good on the soul. You should at least busy yourself, instead of moping around. Go join the kids or help cook. It's better than pretending like you care what everyone else is saying to you."

Noah hated to admit it, but she was right. He stood with out a word, gave her a weak smile, and walked out onto the grass that had begun collecting leaves for the fall. The kids all crowded around their favorite cousin, handing him a football as they played mindless sports. It was enough to keep his mind off of things, for now.

After abandoning her brother, Ashlyn sat at the kitchen table with both the desire to eat everything in the kitchen, and remorse for her sister's conditions. She watched her aunt Mary cook along side of Franklin, who'd taken great interest in culinary arts. She hadn't seen him in a few weeks, her heart aching slightly at that. She wasn't sure why she felt that way. She wasn't sure why she felt such a bond to the child, but she buried that deep down in the farthest pit of her heart. She kept her distance from him usually, though it was inevitable that they would end up hanging out together by the end of the night.

Done cooking for the moment, she watched as he ran over and took a spot across the table.

"Hi Ash!" He said, a smile on his face. When Ash did not return it, he let his lips press into a firm line. "Are you sad because of your sister?"

"Yes, Frankie." Ash said. She was munching on a bread stick from the wicker basket on the table, her gaze distant.

Franklin leaned across the table so that his face was really close to hers. She could see the red in his eyes, such a contrast to the red in her sister's eyes. Where Scarlett's were a deep, dark red, his were redder than lego bricks, bright enough to illuminate the room, had the lights been off. It was both eerie and amazing to her.

"Do you want to play Xbox with me?" He asked. He knew that if he said it too loud, other kids might overhear and then there would be fighting and taking turns and Ashlyn could see that all he wanted to do was hang out with her. She forced herself from the chair, although she would have loved to play a game or two with him. She didn't want it to seem creepy that she had an attachment to him, but it was something she couldn't simply ignore, despite her efforts. They went upstairs, passing by her brother Robert to play either Call of Duty or Minecraft. The boy was crazy over the latter, occasionally going on rants about how Creepers keep blowing his houses to bits whenever he turns around.

She led him up the stairs to her room, which had a few beanbag chairs sitting against the backboard of her bed. The TV was turned on, and she got the controllers out. Not to her surprise, the boy took out Minecraft and placed it in the console. Ash laid on her bed on her stomach as he took the floor, the little wisps of his hair peaking up over the bed's mattress. Ash resisted the urge to poke him as he mined trees and she placed TNT under his house while he wasn't paying attention to her screen.

"HOW DID MY HOUSE BLOW UP AGAIN?" He yelled as soon as he saw it, a mangled mess. "I WASN'T EVEN HOME!"

"Creepers are sneaky motherfuckers," Ashlyn said, smiling slyly. He turned his head, suspicion written across his face.

"YOU DID IT!"

"No, not-uh."

"Then why is there leftover TNT under the foundation that didn't go off, huh?"

"Damnit! I forgot to destroy all of the evidence. You got me, dude."

"Ha! I knew it! I'll blow up all of YOUR buildings now, as penance."

"That's fine. I already backed up my saves so you can do whatever you please," Ash said, sticking her tongue out.

"No fair!"

"It was totally fair," She replied.

"I hate you sometimes," He said, though he didn't nearly mean it. He was laughing, as he placed the bricks down and blew Ash's town to smithereens.

She tossled his hair when he was done, looking at him longingly. One day, maybe. Not now, though. Heavens no, not for a long time. But one day.

A bit of a look into the feelings of Elora's two siblings. You already know how Scarlett feels, and the last one we still don't know too much about is dear Robbie. He will be next, but not today. I'm too tired for that.

I hope your Sundays were nice today, I am just generally exhausted for no real reason. Went to Church, but that was it. I came home and felt as if I could sleep for the rest of the day. Other than that, I was reading my book for most of the afternoon. Clockwork Princess, and it's an extremely well written book, if I do say so myself.

• Which one? The Kiss the Girl scene? :)

Well, Robert is telling you to get your Dragon ass out there and grab that red-haired beauty! Do the whole scene from the 'Little Mermaid.'

• Those eyes are like... flawless emeralds glistening in the moonlight on a midsummer evening. XP

My, those eyes are captivating!

• Thanksgiving challenge

Gathering the family, Part 2

"Oh honey, it time too prepare the guest room."

"But Penny it is a little early don't you think."

"Everyone will be here tomorrow, Etan. I want everything to be perfect."

"As you wish my lady.."

Etan goes and prepare to complete the chore that his wife stubble upon him. As he walks down the hallway, he slips on a toy belonging to one of his children.

"Jacob, Lauryn, Issac,Thad! PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES WHEN YOUR DONE PLAYING!"

As he pick up the toy, he is then surprisingly greeted by his father, Hati who makes a windy appearance.

"Father..?"

"Surprise to see me son?"

"I didn't think you would come."

"Well I missed my recent grandchildren's birthdays and your wedding. I wouldn't want to miss this wonderful day."

"My wedding was 70 years ago. And why are you really here? You got bored floating in the sky while chasing the moon.."

"As I said before, I want to visit my family before I have to leave again. That is all, Etan."

"And you be off again, as usual."

"You act like I completely abandoned, do you recall all those time I assisted you on your suicidal quest? Like your one against the Dark Kingdom."

"Yeah, I have, but listen this is what pisses me off. You- "

"Hold on son, we can settle this later. Look like your guest have arrived early. And isn't that Daren? You two are about the same age if I recall!"

Hati walks down stairs to greet the guest while Etan angrily tosses the toys into the basket, while eyeing.

"This is going to be one helluva of thanksgiving.."

Downstairs, Hati greets Daren and his family. The last he spoken with Daren was during the time when both him and Etan where teenagers.

"Well look what have here! The new werecat king himself! And his gorgeous queen along with his two lovely children."

"Its been a long time Hati, last time we met I was in my 160"s."

"Ah yes, and how good time has been to you."

"Oh excuse my manners Hati, this is my beautiful wife, Bibi and my two children Omar and Tisha."

"Ah yes, I remember clearly now. Miss Bibi here and you dated for a long time now. And Etan has shown me all of your baby pictures young Omar and Tisha."

Suddenly Draco burst into the hall and yell's "Never, ever, hunting another one of these things again."

"Please excuse my rude husband, as you can see we kinda had our hands full.." Viera apologizing.

"No at all my lovely. You must be Viera, and that energetic dragon fellow must be Draco."

"You are Etan's father correct. It's an honor to meet you sir."

"Oh it's an honor to meet such a beautiful creature. A phoenix, how... extraordinary.." Hati as he takes Viera hand and kisses it."

"Hey pal!"

"Calm down Draco, he was just being generous. And why don't you introduce our son to Lord Hati"

"He is old enough to speak for himself Viera, he's just a little shy. Son show Mr Hati who you are."

"I AM MARCELO, THE STRONGEST DRAGON IN THE WORLD!" Marcelo as he transform into a dragon."

"Ahhh, adorable! So young and he already can transform. Most impressive!"

"Marcelo, not indoors sweetie."

"Yes mommy."

"Well I must say it was nice to finally meet all of you, I should get this big turkey into the kitchen before it starts to spoil. I look forward to seeing you all later!"

"Like wise Lord Hati." Viera as she smiles as Hati carries the large bird away.

Now as Thanksgiving only a day away, the family prepares to settle in for the big day. However, Robby, Walter and Lydia haven't arrived yet...

"Umm guys I think we're lost..."

"What did you do now Robby...?"

"Hey, don't blame this on me Walter! I'm not the one who wanted to stop at a gingerbread house for some cookies.."

"They were FREE, and were perfectly baked by the finest cooks in the land, so..."

"Boys calm down. I think I found a way to Etan's castle. Hop on." Lydia as she flag down 3 large wolfs native to Etan's kingdom.

To be continued

• Well, either way I can't wait to see what takes place between the siblings and the rest of the family. Hopefully nothing TOO serious but this is coming from the guy that enjoys stirring the pot a bit, too. :)

Between school, work and personal lives, it was bound to happen. At least we still all TRY to either read or slowly add to the thread. :) I'm looking forward to the trip. My 1st time in Florida and that time change will mess me up good.

and the lack of In-and-Out Burgers, lol XD

I've already prepared my broken heart. XD

I try my best to evoke the most emotion as possible, without getting too corny or melodramatic. Scarlett really thinks it's her fault for th

• I feel bad for Robert but it seems like he's hoping that Lyla will see only the bad things and agree to what everyone has been telling her since day one. I adore Robert but he needs to back up; see that she is happy and leave it at that for if he really did love her, he'd understand. They had their moment in the past. I hope he can see that and move on. :)

"Too big, huh Rose?"

Rose tries hard not to laugh. "That's what SHE said, Robert."

This made me laugh so hard! XD

Chapter 17 Fix them up Rose tossed the instructions aside, as Robert hammered a shelf near the window. "Uh, hello, Rose-you need th

• A lot of questions were left unanswered and a few people have asked me HOW he came to be and where that takes him after all that BS with the CM. :) I like to do that, go back and forth. Leaves those reading guessing and putting the pieces together. :D Won't be a HUGE section. Just enough to cover from there to the moment they finally come together that sweet night outside the pudding and pie. :D

More clarification's fine, and I like jumping about Georgie and Lyla's timeline. Overall, I'm really interested to see how Holly and Gren came to forgive him, and just how Georgie picks himself back up.

• edited November 2014

This was like something that would happen in the actual comics! Well, coming from a seasoned comic reader like yourself, I had no doubts.

Congrats on the free ride as well!

Tim hobbled out of his apartment's front door with determination painted across his face and in the way he walked. Normally, he would stop a

• edited November 2014

Damn it, Hans...

Alt text

Besides that, can't wait for the exciting news!

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 12: The Hunt Jersey perched himself upon a branch and waited for the Turkeys to cross his path; he could s

• edited November 2014

With your above picture, you have shown that human emotion can truly be a beautiful thing.

Btw, this has got to be your 5th or 6th prologue you have made this year, right? Like, damn, you're on a roll man. :P

Prologue "To the Farm" "Why should I bloody fuckin' care, John?" "She'll save you, too." "How the fuck is she gunna 'elp me

• edited November 2014

I'll accept you twisting the rules a little bit for the challenge, I'm loving the emotional rides you've been providing anyway!

Elora and Scarlett though...

Alt text

Don't worry about the lack of activity either, we will always bounce back and continue being creative with our Fables nonetheless!

Scarlett stared at her sister's bed. It was early Thanksgiving morning, and everyone was exhausted. "It's all my fault," She whispered.

• edited November 2014

This is why you two aren't going to the remembrance day celebration you'd ruin my parlor scene.

Oh Bigby, I didn't know the celebration mattered THAT much to you. XD Seriously though, great to see Rose back to make Makoto feel like he has a purpose again in life!

The Fall Two days passed Snow and Makoto sat on a bench in The Woodlands. Alyx left to get coffee "I can't believe she's gone..." S

• edited November 2014

Alright, Georgie got some turkeysI So... that means I win part of the Mundy money prize! And I don't recall Jersey getting any turkeys. Hmmm. :P

• :) That's all I ever wanted.

I started one not too long ago but had some people asking me what happened after Georgie finds out about Lyla; what happens at the Farm and the days after that. I figured explain a bit and call it good. Like I've mentioned in the past, I have all my writing ideas in a notebook, so it makes it easier to throw out ideas and add them on here. :)

With your above picture, you have shown that human emotion can truly be a beautiful thing. Btw, this has got to be your 5th or 6th prologue you have made this year, right? Like, damn, you're on a roll man. :P

• So many more connections to add to the plot! You can fill up an entire pin board with the way you're doling out ideas from your notebook! :)

That's all I ever wanted. I started one not too long ago but had some people asking me what happened after Georgie finds out about Lyla;

• Hahaha! He really wanted that parlor scene! XD Yeah she spent the most time with Makoto growing up so he'll be a lot more happy and outgoing now that he has his 'mom' back :D

This is why you two aren't going to the remembrance day celebration you'd ruin my parlor scene. Oh Bigby, I didn't know the celebrat

• LOL, it seems like every meal you make Rose and Robert have is goddamned Chinese food! I'm concerned with the unhealthy diet you're putting them through. XD

I agree with Noir above, it's a shame such a beautiful scene was spoiled, dammit Robert! :S

• Good morning, all! I have yet another announcement to make!

Alright, here we go, are you ready? I bet you are, prepare yourself for the inevitable!

...Today's my birthday. ^^

• Come to think of it, I think Rose would be the perfect temporary 'mom' for him! :P

Hahaha! He really wanted that parlor scene! XD Yeah she spent the most time with Makoto growing up so he'll be a lot more happy and outgoing now that he has his 'mom' back

• Happy Birthday! :D Here is to another year of getting old! Welcome to the twenties. (I THINK you turn 20 today. If not....shut up, Pie!) xD

Hopefully you have a wonderful day. Not sure if you have plans but enjoy it anyways! :)

Alt text

Good morning, all! I have yet another announcement to make! Alright, here we go, are you ready? I bet you are, prepare yourself for the inevitable! ...Today's my birthday. ^^

• edited November 2014

You are... CORRECT! I have indeed reached the big 2-0 today! Are you a psychic? :D

No major plans for today, but, I got what I wanted and that's all that matters. :)

Happy Birthday! Here is to another year of getting old! Welcome to the twenties. (I THINK you turn 20 today. If not....shut up, Pie!) xD Hopefully you have a wonderful day. Not sure if you have plans but enjoy it anyways!

• Especially since his real mom has kinda gone off the deep end from what alyx says :(

Come to think of it, I think Rose would be the perfect temporary 'mom' for him! :P

• edited November 2014

Prologue

"Welcome to the Future"

Goldilocks stood in the middle of the dirt road, papers in hand and a pen in the other. Georgie walked carefully towards the woman in boots and jumpsuit. Behind her, all on chains, three Bears sniffed the air and licked their dangerous paws. John wasn't too far behind Georgie.

"Move a bit faster, Georgie. This one does not like to wait..."

Georgie sighs. "I know who the bloody devil she is and-"

"We're burning daylight here, Porgie." She adjusts her glasses. "Stand over here."

She pointed to the left. Georgie handed John his bag, as he took his place. One of the Bears began sniffing Georgie's neck. He became a bit uneasy until Goldilocks tugged on the chain, causing the Bear to pull back into its original spot.

"What have I told you, Papa? Huh!?"

John clears his throat, making Goldilocks look at him. "So, where is he going to stay and work at?"

Goldilocks examines John. "Hm. I heard rumors that one of you was looking to join the dark side-"

"Just tell me where Georgie Porgie will be, so I may send Snow this information and-"

"Tsk tsk. No patience, you Folker men have. Too bad. You're a cutie. Come this way."

Goldilocks tugs on the chains and soon, three massive creatures follow her. Georgie and John are following behind, as they look around their surrounding areas. This was John's first time stepping foot on the Farm; usually he sat back and waited behind the gates. Georgie had been here before but never for labor. They entered the main village, were several Fables and creatures paused to take a glance at not only a Folker but Georgie Porgie.

"Here is where you will be staying. You'll have several others in the home with you but you'll get your own room. Breakfast is at seven, work will begin at eight. You will be over there with Mr. Sunflower in the grasslands and livestock area. There he will tell you your next assignment."

John takes the paper with Georgie's information and tucks it into a folder. Georgie looks out into the distance.

"What's that ova' there?"

"Those are the Great Woods. I highly doubt you will be going out there but if you do, pay close attention."

"Why..."

"If you don't, you'll either get lost or possibly eaten. Your call."

Georgie was silent, as they carried on. Goldilocks showed him his room; the space was small and there were limitations to the 'privacy' Georgie thought he'd have. There was a small sink and tub for him to bathe in and a kitchen located down the stairs for his meals.

"Come. I'll introduce you to Mr. Sunflower."

Goldilocks carried on. John and Georgie followed, both still taken back by the Farm. Other creatures had the same idea, as their eyes seemed to follow both John and Georgie like a creepy painting in a 'Scooby Doo' episode. Colin managed to walk up to John.

"John. See they'll let 'YOU' wolves in but not a 'HIM' Wolf, huh?"

"Nice to see you, Colin. How are you doin'?"

"Eh, been better. See Bigby had a change of heart when it came to Georgie?"

"This is his punishment, Colin. Be nice and don't cause trouble or-"

"Trouble? Nah. I ain't here for that. Just here to see that its true."

"What's true, Colin?"

Colin smiles, as he stops by a log. "See ya' around, Porgie. John."

Before John could say another word, a large Sunflower man clears his throat; he stands by, arms folded and stares at them both.

"Hello Mr. Smith."

"Oh, hello. You must be Mr. Sunflower. Sorry. Became sidetracked and-"

"The Farm has that effect on a person. This must be my new 'helper' I'm assuming?"

Mr. Sunflower takes the file in Goldilocks' hands. He opens it and flips quickly through the pages. He whistles when he gets to the back of the pages.

"Prostitution, murder, drugs, conspiracy....you're lucky they felt such sympathy on you, Mister Porgie. Normally they'd throw crooks like you down the well or slice ya' head off."

Georgie looks to the ground. Everyone seems to be judging him with their eyes. Mr. Sunflower continues to look over the file. When he comes to the final page, Georgie notices his change of facial expression; he glances first at Goldilocks, than at John. He mouths something to himself before closing the file.

"Ahem, well....Georgie. You will help me with the livestock and the harvest. The weather here changes often; do not expect me to take pity because you are too hot or too cold. If you DO need a break, let me know and we can arrange one. Got it?"

Georgie nods. "Yeah. I got it..."

"Excellent. Well, John. I sppose you have all the information needed then?"

"Snow will be by tomorrow morning to see him. I'll take this to both her and Bigby for their records."

John grabs Georgie. For a moment, he and the pimp stare into eachother's eyes. Georgie isn't too sure what the Wolf is doing or thinking at that moment. Before he could say a word, John has his hands wrapped around Georgie. They embrace for a moment; Georgie at first is taken back by the sudden change of heart but instead, allows John yo continue this warm embrace.

"Please, Georgie...for the both of us."

Georgie could only nod, as John gathers his things. He thanks Goldilocks, as she leds him to the gate. Mr. Sunflower waves, as he hands Georgie a shovel. He looks down at Georgie's shoes.

"You'll have to change those if you wish to keep them for future uses. Manure, mud and hay sure is a bitch to clean up."

As Georgie takes off his boots, Sunflower throws him a pair. A Fox tands upon a hay bale and watches Georgie change into his work clothes.

"Reynard!"

The Fox looks up. "Yes sir?"

"Get Georgie that young boy. Henry is his name. They'll be working alongside one another."

"Who is Henry?"

"This young boy that was found wondering around the area. He has no family. A Wolf. We felt pity for the young lad and gave him a new chance here."

"Some chance..." Georgie began to tie his shoes.

"Better than being out there alone. He's only nine years old."

Georgie stood up. Reynard led Henry into the area. He was tall for his age with bright green eyes, jet black hair and very fair skin. He wore overalls, boots and a white teeshirt.

"Georgie, this is Henry. Henry, Mr. Georgie Porgie."

Henry holds out his hand. "Nice to meet you, sir."

Georgie takes the boy's hand and shakes it. "Same ta' ya', boy."

"Wonderful." Mr. Sunflower hands Henry a shovel. "The Horses need cleaning and the Corn needs picking. Can you do this for me, Henry?"

The boy nods. "Yes sir. I'll have this done by lunch time."

"Excellent. Well, be back in a little bit, boys."

Georgie mumbles, as he takes his shovel and attempts to pick up a large pile of feces. Reynard sits upon another Hay Bale, watching the city boy struggle to lift such a heavy amount. Georgie nearly tumbles forward, as Henry snatches his shirt.

"Little by little. That way, its easier on your back and accidents don't happen."

"It's shit, boy! Ain't nuthin' gunna 'appen, if I get a little dirty!"

Henry shrugs. "Suit yourself...."

Georgie, ignoring the boy's remarks, attempts to shovel up another section of poop. As he digs the head of the shovel deeper, Georgie looses his balance and falls head first into a very fresh pile. Reynard's laughter could be heard for miles; Henry tries to hide his amusment, as Georgie rises from the mess and scoops areas covered in manure.

"Ugh! Bloody fuckin' Christ! Muthafuckin' piece of shit! Fuck this bloody 'ell!"

Henry leans against his shovel. "Told you. Little by little...."

Georgie glares at the boy. Reynard nearly falls off the Hay, still laughing.

"HEY! Georgie! How's THAT for pies, huh!?"

Georgie takes off his hat, wips his forehead and without another word, begins to shovel again. The sun hangs above, burning his lower back and shoulders. Birds above caw and flap their wings, as Bees swarm nearby flowers and the livestock send out their trademark calls. Georgie could hear the village life pick up, as Giants roamed the Valley and creatures walked about.

Georgie tried to see the beauty, as his shovel dug deeper and deeper. All he could think about was Lyla.

Any questions, you know what to do. :) Had some time before work. God I hate Mondays! >:(

Sign in to comment in this discussion.