Ep 1 Release Date Discussion - Out Now PC/Mac/PS3/PS4/XboxOne/360/Android

Comments

• Pre-ordered! Just finished with Tales and was absolutely satisfied. Can't wait to see how Telltale handles Game of Thrones.

• I haven't posted on the forums much since TWD ended, but I'm really excited for this game, and it's nice to hear that episodes might be longer than 2 hours. :D Now I just want December to come faster.

• I'm guessing the 9th of December.

• So the big question is will we be able to buy this game on physical media? DVD? The FAQ implies that we maybe able to, if we maybe able to wouldn't we have to buy the game directly from TellTale? I'm showing preorders on steam but not on the Telltale website. Will this impact being able to buy the DVD when it be comes available? Yes I realize that the game won't be on DVD until after all 6 episodes are released.

• I kinda start to regret that I picked a nickname focused on one character of a certain game. I should've called myself "InTelltaleWeTrust" so I'd be considered as a Telltale fan, not only a Kenny fan. These thoughts keep haunting me after I became so hyped for Game Of Thrones.

• I know that feel...

I kinda start to regret that I picked a nickname focused on one character of a certain game. I should've called myself "InTelltaleWeTrust" s

• Alt text

Hmm. I wonder...

• ...Premiere next week?

Hmm. I wonder...

• Seems like the 2nd is getting more and more likely given this

Hmm. I wonder...

• Aghhhhh I hope the premiere is next week :P

Hmm. I wonder...

• I don't know if the 2nd will work because some TFTB players will just be starting the series on the 3rd (myself included). I'm hoping/guessing at Playstation Expo next week they announce the actual release dates.

Seems like the 2nd is getting more and more likely given this

• Next week it is in my mind, for sure. :) I'm not sure if you could call the ordering on Steam's upcoming titles list 100% accurate, but GoT is listed between titles that release on the 1st and 3rd of December. It at least turned out to be accurate regarding Borderlands anyway.

Seems like the 2nd is getting more and more likely given this

• GRRM talked about Iron From Ice and Game of Thrones in general:

There's a new GAME OF THRONES computer game on the way, this one from Telltale Games.

Unlike the earlier games from Cyanide, this is an HBO license, derived from the television series rather than the novels, so the characters will look like their TV incarnations, and in many cases will be voiced by the actors who play them on the show. The action is centered around House Forrester, bannermen to the Starks of Winterfell whose seat in the wolfswood. (Some Forresters are mentioned in the Stannis chapters, when he marches south from the Wall to attack Winterell, but very little is said about them, which made them ideal for game purposes).

The game will be sort of a side story to the show (and books), swirling and around major events. Ty Franck, my longtime assistant who went off to become half of James S.A. Corey and write the Expanse novels, acted as a consultant on story and continuity for Telltale.

• 2 HOURS Two freacking hours. But wait, do you all mean that is two hours of cutscene and choices or it also for searching things around?

• For Borderlands? It took me around 150 - 165 minutes, I think, though a bit of that time was spent afk.

A lot of that time was spent in cutscenes. The moments where you can move around are minimal and/or don't last very long.

JMOREL posted: »

2 HOURS Two freacking hours. But wait, do you all mean that is two hours of cutscene and choices or it also for searching things around?

• Thank very much for these informations, but I was talking about GOT.

Rob_K posted: »

For Borderlands? It took me around 150 - 165 minutes, I think, though a bit of that time was spent afk. A lot of that time was spent in cutscenes. The moments where you can move around are minimal and/or don't last very long.

• Wait... he said that in manycases the TV characters will be voiced by their actors... Does that mean that there'll be characters who won't be voiced by the actual actors?

GRRM talked about Iron From Ice and Game of Thrones in general: There's a new GAME OF THRONES computer game on the way, this one from

• Apologies then. The 2 hours thing confused me. :)

JMOREL posted: »

Thank very much for these informations, but I was talking about GOT.

• 2nd of december is the release date folks. It's pretty much confirmed.

• Given that tweet...I don't speak Telltale-Ish very good, neither do I speak a good Job-J-Stauffer-Ish...but I would say yes.

...Premiere next week?

• Not another livestream!

Not Greg Miller!

ooooohhhhh.....

• edited November 2014

Didn't you know? Greg Miller lives in an abandoned theater. XD

Not another livestream! Not Greg Miller!

• Oh Greg Miller!

Alt text

ooooohhhhh.....

• XD

That IGN paycheck gets him a lot.

Didn't you know? Greg Miller lives in an abandoned theater. XD

• So next week it is good to know. :)

• I can't stand him.

• Standing Greg Miller is an ancient art only practiced by monks in the Far East.

I can't stand him.

• No one can.

I can't stand him.

• Oh no, if this is another livestream I will spoil it for myself again, like I did with Borderlands T_T No.Self.Contrrrrroooool!

• Movie Theater=LiveStream

That's what i'm thinking.

ninoobz posted: »

Oh no, if this is another livestream I will spoil it for myself again, like I did with Borderlands T_T No.Self.Contrrrrroooool!

• Not officially confirmed as of yet, but yeah, it basically looks to be that way!

So next week it is good to know.

• Most likely.

That1Guy posted: »

Wait... he said that in manycases the TV characters will be voiced by their actors... Does that mean that there'll be characters who won't be voiced by the actual actors?

• Yeah well most likely anyways :P

Not officially confirmed as of yet, but yeah, it basically looks to be that way!

• Sounds like it'll be released on Tuesday! yaaay!

• How dare you force this image upon me. I am STILL boycotting everything Greg Miller.

ooooohhhhh.....

• MoS

Here is a song to increase hype.

• This sounds to me like it could be premiering next week.

Alt text

Hmm. I wonder...

• edited November 2014

More news, almost here!!

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.