Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Especially when Bigby was thrown into the mix! XD RIP in Piece indeed. She really was mmore towards the beginning she actually made Makoto an accomplice to her murder spree in New York due to the early stages of Makotos transformation. You know what? That is a good idea I'll have to do an epilogue then!

EMMYPESS posted: »

That's actually really cool! Little Makoto, sounds adorable! I can imagine the sisters bringing him up together. And aw man. So Makoto and C

• edited December 2014

I suppose so! Ah well, bad things happen to good people I guess. :)

It's moving for me? Idk, maybe it's your computer or something. He's dancing on my screen! I figured I would post a classic XD I have a plethora of plans! You'll see as it comes

• Nice, Adventure Time XD

That's right. I deserve a cookie or something.

• Jersey being a mock reindeer?

Alt text

@pudding_pie, @LupineNoir Jersey being a mock reindeer? The Butter approves. Btw, Lupine...

• I love it <3

JJwolf posted: »

LORD knows I'm no artist. (I can BARELY draw a stick figure) But for being such a wonderful thread, here is a VERY poor drawing of all our Fables together. See if you can guess WHO is WHO. Here is to more magical stories and good times!

• I'm with you on the Rose thing. If she were to die, I - I would be grief-stricken myself. T.T

Another great chapter, I really liked the romance in-between Snow and Bigby at the end! :3

2004 After being ushered back into the building by Bigby, Snow was both giddy with excitement and troubled with nerves. She watched from

• It didn't rain while you were in Florida? I guess you were lucky then. XD Good luck on your finals too!

Btw, it was nice to see orb spirit Nick again. ^^

pudding_pie posted: »

Prologue "Vegabonds" Georgie was up before the Sun kissed the tops of the hills. Sunflower was pleased but haunted by the sight of Geo

• The ever-growing intensity never fails to keep me on my toes. Seriously, this was awesome. I wonder if things will go 'as planned' for Rose next time?! Hope RJ won't become some sort of bargaining chip, come to think of it.

Chapter 24 "ROBERT!" Gren throws his fists into the door. When there was no response, the horrible thoughts entered his mind. He n

• Whoa there, his mother died? Just like that? Like, what the Hell? Send those wooden soldiers to Oblivion, Makoto, I command thee!

Tetra posted: »

March of the Wooden Soldiers While Bigby and Makoto raced back to Fabletown, Celeste and Snow prepared them for war. Snow called upon Ros

• Short chapter? Nonsense! This was just as long as Emily's will to drink/party in this particular part - which was fucking hilarious to read, if I may add. ;)

Emily, drunk from the Whiskey, danced on the Pool table. In her freen hand, she held a Pool stick. Shaking his head, Junior wiped down the c

• Yup kaboom just like that she vanishes in the ashes of war ;)

Whoa there, his mother died? Just like that? Like, what the Hell? Send those wooden soldiers to Oblivion, Makoto, I command thee!

• You never fail to create the most intense(st) of moments when you have your characters in tight situations like this. It just makes it all the more awesome! Can't wait to see what happens when I read the next part. :)

Therese had been stricken hard against her head. She was in a dark place now, with little light, other than the sun that came between tiny c

• Always somethin'. ;)

Yup kaboom just like that she vanishes in the ashes of war

• A little bit but not like its been doing here in Cali the past three days. :D It was more humid and Pie does NOT do well in humidity. xD Thanks, man. I'm yure you have some soon, so good luck to those.

Yes it is. Needed to bring him back, so I could explain MORE in regards to his and Georgie's relationship.

It didn't rain while you were in Florida? I guess you were lucky then. XD Good luck on your finals too! Btw, it was nice to see orb spirit Nick again. ^^

• Christmas Challenge

Junior's fingers were numb from the Snow. He excused himself from the others, walked back to the house and up the stairs. He walked past a box of Chritmas decorations; his dad was up in the Attic, taking a box down one by one. Junior snatched a line of lights and several Ornaments. His mom would not notice some of them missing.

Walking to his room, Junior shuts the door behind him. Junior takes the lights and throws it over the mirror located by the window. The lights dangle to the side, as Junior hooks the Ornaments on the edges. Within seconds, the mirror shakes and begins to glow.

Junior beams. "Morning, Mary. Just decorating the mirror."

Junior plugs the lights into the outlets, as Mary pokes her head out. She examines the portal to her world; normally holidays and decorations annoyed her and she would tear them down, destroy it and set fire. But she knew Junior loved it; his icy blue eyes said it all, as the lights twinkled and danced along the color.

"Cute, Junior." Mary steps out and sits on the bed. "Your dad home?"

"He's gettin' decorations out for the tree and house."

Mary sighs. "Georgie Porgie decorating, wrapping gifts and baking cookies? Interesting."

Junior plops down beside Mary. "No. Now THAT'S my mom. My dad just EATS the cookies and yells at the decorations when they are not working or cooperating with him."

"Hm. Of course..." Mary sniffs the air. "Speaking of, your mom making Gingerbread cookies?"

Junior nods. "When they cool, we get to decorate them."

"Think you and EVERY mundy in this town are going to decorate those things."

"You want one, Mary?"

"Nah, sweetie. Thank you. If anyone knew Bloody Mary took pleasure in the simple things like Gingerbread cookies and lights-"

"Well, they are poo poo heads. I'll bring you one later."

Mary pats Junior's head. "You excited for Christmas?"

"YES!" Junior jumps up. "I can't WAIT!"

"Want ANYTHING particular?"

"Legos and a new video game. Little Big Planet and Dance Dance."

Mary makes a mental note on the Legos. She tands up to stretch her legs. Mary peers out the window; the other children frolic through the Snow, as Georgie and Lyla begin setting up the decorations.

"How come you're in here and not out there? Looks like fun...."

Junior sighs. "Mary, is Santa real?"

With no hesitation, Mary answers. "Course he is, kid. YOU exist."

Junior smiles. "He IS!? I knew it! Emily and Katie were wrong..."

"Your uncle Gren can vouche for me, too. Met him one time."

"He....my uncle Gren KNOWS Santa?"

Mary stretches her arms. "Yup. Guess one of his brothers, like, helps sort who's naughty or nice or something like that. Having a Grendel in the Snow? Now THAT'S funny-"

"Do you think he could take us to see Santa?"

"The North Pole is far, baby. AND you can't just GO there."

"You...you can't?"

"Nope. You have to have access to a portal, THEN you take it to Santa's workshop."

"How does the portal work?"

"You have to believe. So, if Katie or Emily go with you..."

Junior hangs his head. "It won't open...but that's WHY I wanna go!"

Mary burps. "Well, you better get a plan set and ready, Junior. Christmas is in two weeks."

"JUNIOR!"

Both turn when they hear Georgie's voice. Mary waits for foot steps; she was prepared to run into the mirror and hide in the shadows until he left.

"JUNIOR! Ya' mother want's ya' downstairs!"

"Cookies must be cool enough now. You still want one?"

Mary sighs. "Sure, kid. You tinseled up the mirror enough. Let's add the finishing touches."

Junior hugs Mary, as he heads dowstairs.

"Coming dad! Bye Mary."

"See ya', Pudding n' Pie." Mary walks up to the mirror. She holds an Ornament in her hand. "Cute."

She shakes her head, as Mary returns to the mirror and waited.

Junior grabbed the railing and slides down. As he lands on the ground and skates across the hard wood floor, he nearly runs into Georgie. In his hands, Georgie holds one of the Wise Men.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, son!" Georgie spins around. "Watch out! Don't need this guy 'ere gettin' on ya' bad side."

Junior pats the decoration, as he runs into the kitchen. "Sorry dad! BYE dad! Tell Baby Jesus sorry for me!"

Georgie chuckles. "The magic of Christmas and children's minds..."

Georgie heads back outside. He sets up the final Wise man, as he hooks the lights in together. On the side of the house sits a Nativity set; about a year ago, Georgie and John took the entire summer to craft everything in time for Christmas. Their last one was damaged by a rain storm three years ago and Lyla was devestated.

Georgie adjusts the star above baby Jesus' head. "There ya' go. Betta'."

As Georgie stands back to look at the scene, a Red work truck pulls up and parks in the driveway. Sitting in the driver's seat is Gren and in the passenger seat is Robert. Georgie waves, as he heads to the front door.

"LYLA! Robert is here-"

Mariah Carey's 'All I want for Christmas' plays in the background, as Lyla pokes her head out.

"Have him come in. RJ is still decorating his little Gingerbread Man."

"Alright, love." Georgie shuts the door, as Robert and Gren walk out of the Truck. "They're almost done, ya' two. Decoratin' cookies."

Gren laughs. "That is what Carla has the kids doing, too."

Robert takes out a cigarette. He offers one to Georgie; the three men smoke outside, as the Snow lightly falls to the ground.

"RJ is going to be on a sugar rush."

Georgie chuckles. "They ALL are." Georgie exhales the smoke. "Ya' all have ya' decorations up yet?"

Gren nods. "All but the Tree. Carla wants a real one this year, so I'm gunna take RJ and Robert back, wrestle up the other brats and go WAAAAAY out there and find a 'PERFECT' tree."

Robert snickers. "God forbid it does not have the fullest leaves."

"Well, ya' know Lyla is the same way. The Smiths take Christmas VERY serious. Shit-it's rubbed off on Junior!"

"Rosie is the same way." Gren tosses the cigarette out. "She won't let ME touch the wrappin' paper 'cause I don't wrap it prettyful."

Georgie laughs. "THAT'S Nancy right there."

As Robert finishes off his cigarette, RJ runs out. In his hands, is a plate of cookies he decorated.

"Dad, dad, dad! LOOK!" RJ holds the plate up. "SEE!?"

"Wow, those are really neat, kiddo. I like this guy here-looks like a Jedi."

"He IS, dad! A Christmas Jedi!"

Lyla joins the guys, as she kisses RJ on the head. "You behave, RJ. Mind your dad and the others."

"I will mom. See you on Sunday!"

RJ kisses Lyla, as he runs to the Truck. "Bye daddy Georgie!"

Georgie waves. "Bye, RJ. Love ya'. BEHAVE!"

"Hey, Robert. You ready for Christmas?"

Robert smiles. "JUST about, Lyla. Can see you guys are pretty much set."

Just then, Junior notices Gren. He runs out and heads in his direction.

"UNCLE GREN! UNCLE GREN!"

"JUNIOR! SHOES!"

Junior leaps into Gren's arms. "I hear you KNOW Santa!?"

Gren smiles. "I MAY know him-"

"Will you TAKE me to him-"

Georgie grabs Junior. "Enough of that, son. Go inside before ya' catch a death of a cold."

"But-"

Gren pats Junior's bottom. "Go on, kiddo. I'll be back later-"

Gren winks, as Junior smiles and runs back inside. Gren looks at his watch.

"Well, ready to go before Carla has a fit?"

Lyla giggles. "Her annual Christmas fit?"

"OH man! Be back in a few guys."

"See ya' guys 'round."

Gerogie and Lyla wave. "See ya' Robert-Gren, see ya' later. Be careful. Bye RJ. We love you!"

All the kids join outside, as they wave. "BYE RJ! BYE!"

As the red Truck pulls away and drives down the icy road, Georgie and Lyla head back inside; like a line of baby Ducks, the kids all follow back inside.

Any questions, you know the drill. :)

Alt text

Seems like Katie and the Jersey Devil are ready for Christmas. No matter what you celebrate, I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. I know I'm ready. Fiancee and I are decorating the tree later.

• The Aftermath

Bigby washed up and got a ticket back to New York.

How the fuck did this happen.... Bigby thought to himself, this was the first time he felt depressed. I won't let this happen to my cubs... Bigby told himself

The next day Bigby walked into the business office but it looked empty until he saw fly.

"Bigby! You got to get to the hospital quick! Snow went into labor!" He explained

Bigby got hit with shock and ran to the hospital.

When he got there most people from the business office was there. When Bigby walked in Rose walked up to him with an aggravated look.

"Bigby where the fuck have you been!?" Rose said sternly "Hey where's Makoto? I thought you were going to find him?"

Bigby looked down, and began to explain what had happened that day. When he finished she ran out crying when he finished. Everyone looked at Bigby like they were apologetic. He walked into Snows room, and Snow noticed his depressed look.

"Bigby? What's wrong?" Snow asked

And for the first time she saw the big bad wolf breakdown with tears, Snow didn't know what to do was this about Makoto?

"Bigby where's Makoto? You both missed the birth of the cubs." Snow said

Bigby looked up wiped his tears and told Snow what had happened in the basement in Alaska. Even though it was supposed to be a happy time she started to cry. The one last connection she had to her little brother was gone erased thanks to the war the adversary pushed on them. One day they'll take back the homelands and she'll make the adversary pay, put his head on a pike for all to see.

The next day they held a funeral and Snow put Makoto and Naoto as deceased in the book before she left for the farm. She wanted Bigby to be with her but he couldn't go onto the farm so they had no choice but to go their separate ways until Bigby could work around the system and make it work somehow....

After many years when Bigby lives with Snow and their cubs he'd gather around and tell them the adventures he's had with Makoto and Luke, Snow would tell them bedtime stories about how her and Makoto fought back the revolution at the farm before they went to sleep.

Thus Lukes family lived on through story! The End

That's it! Story is finished, any questions or comments let me know. Now onto the Christmas challenge! :D

• Jersey decorated with lights, I somehow saw this coming!

Christmas Challenge Junior's fingers were numb from the Snow. He excused himself from the others, walked back to the house and up the sta

• Prologue

Georgie stared blankly into his cup of tea. Beside him, John sat quielty; the mighty Wolf had nothing to say at that moment. He couldn't. What CAN he say to something so horrific? The sound of Snow's pen scribbling along a blank paper was the only noise in the little Cottage. Standing beside a large pot over an open flame, was Sunflower. Hand upon the brick wall, he looked deep into the dancing flames; the colors helped ease his mind from what he just heard.

Like all the other Fables did, Sunflower assumed Georgie was doing this for either attention or an excuse; no one was THAT heartless and incapable of showing 'normal' human emotions. A lot of Fables, including Snow and Sunflower, began to assume Georgie was simply a monster at heart. But after hearing the detail of Georgie's troubled past and the abuse he endured, Sunflower understood why he never attempted either getting too close to another person or showing sympathy. That was lost long ago.

As they all sat in silence, Georgie began to think about his mother. She was a small woman, with long black curly hair, fair skin and lips as pink as Rose petals. He remembered the good times, or, the ones his brain assumed occured. Georgie had a difficult time remembering the good parts in his life. He tried to recall a time when his mother would make Poridge for the family and take Georgie to the barn and assist milking the Cows or collecting Eggs for their next meal.

Georgie also tried to picture a 'father' cutting wood and playing with the other children. He didn't want to imagine a heartless monster, pinning him against the stump and trying to hurt him. Alas, Georgie's attempts to create the 'perfect' family portrait was destroyed in the fire of his bad dreams. The darkness returned and Georgie found himself alone once more with the Man in the dark.

Nick noticed the contorted facial expressions. He flew to Georgie's side and pressed his face into Georgie's cheek. The flesh was cool to the touch.

"Hey...you alright in there?"

Georgie glanced over; his Brown eyes were glossy and appeared empty. "I guess I'll be alright some day..."

They heard Sunflower sigh heavily. "What kind of man...why would...how come you never told us?"

Georgie stirred his tea. "I didn't want sympathy-"

"How is THAT getting sympathy, Georgie!? For heaven's sake, your own father raped you! Took every ounce of innocene you had in you! I THINK sympathy is the LEAST of your worries-"

Georgie sipped his tea. "I didn't want the world lookin' at me differently."

"So, you put on this 'bad ass' persona, hoping it would drive people away. Am I getting it right?"

"I told ya', ain't no one in this world fa' Georgie Porgie. Even Vivian didn't know half the story. I trusted her enough to keep certain things to herself but somethin' as severe as this...she'd look at me the same fookin' way ya' be lookin' at me now."

Snow threw her pen to the table. "THIS information is crucial, Georgie! It would explain a lot-"

"This has nuthin' ta' do with the Crooked Man-"

"YES!" Snow sits up, knocking the chair down. "This has EVERYTHING to do with the Crooked Man and what happened to you back at the Homelands!"

John looks over. "How is that so, Snow?"

"Look at him-at a young age, he allowed a man to control his life. His father TOOK what Georgie used to be; here, in the mundy world, like so many of us, we were lost. Combine THAT with the shit he endured, that creates a canvas any predator would love to get their hands on. Mold it, create it...make it how THEY see fit."

Nick hung his head low. "The Crooked Man SAW that in you-"

"He didn't care about you, Georgie. He NEVER did. He used the only thing HE knew would get your attention and that was Vivian. He was going to take YOUR club and your only friend in this world because he KNEW he could get away with it. He KNEW who you were back in the Homelands..."

Georgie knew Snow spoke nothing but the truth; the Crooked Man used to be good friends with his father until they had a falling out. When their mother became ill and their father 'mysteriously' disappered, she could no longer afford to feed them. So, one by one, she sent the siblings away. Georgie was promised to the Crooked Man, until another couple provided more for Georgie. His dying mother made the Crooked Man promise to watch over her Georgie boy. With a wicked smile, the Crooked Man agreed.

Georgie suddenly found himself thinking about his older brother Ben. He was the only sibling that ever tried to love Georgie.

"Do any of ya' know anything about my brother, Ben?"

Johh shakes his mighty head. "We looked up any family with the last name PORGIE but you are the only one that comes up in the books. None of your siblings made it out during the Exile or they are in hiding. To be honest, Snow and Bigby would be better in regards to that information."

Snow sighs. "I'll get on it if you wish. I'm sure there must be SOMETHING in the books about your family."

"Do you think that is wise?" Concerned , Nick floats to face Georgie. "I mean, are you strong enough to handle something like that from your past? You have enough difficulty talking about the 'man in the dark' and the Crooked Man. This might not be-"

Georgie glares at Nick. He could see the frustration growing in his eyes. "Fook off, Nick. Ya' want me ta' get better but when I TRY gettin' it-"

"THIS will not make it better, Georgie!"

Snow is now furious. "And why not? We WANT him to be better so he can become a part of Fabletown and not just known for-"

"This will surely bring up skeletons in the closet and create problems for him! Don't you all see what this is doing to him?"

"We are trying to help him, Nick!" John now sits up. "If HE is the reason why MY daughter lives, I need to know he can handle ALL this bullshit and be okay with it all."

"And he will handle it but constantly talking about the abuse will not fix anything."

"HOW!?" Snow walks over to Nick, both hands in the air. "HOW does this not help him? We NEED him to get better, learn and understand his mistakes. He can't go around, killing or doing what everyone wants him to do because of his past. We ALL have a past and we must learn TOGETHER, Nick!"

"And again, he WILL learn but it's going to take time-"

Sunflower coughs. "You don't believe he can learn, do you Nick? Of all the fucking people in his life-"

"Don't." Nick floats towards Sunflower. "Don't you even DARE put those words in my mouth. I've been with this guy even BEFORE Vivian or the Exile to this shit world."

Sunflower folds his hands. "Then WHY be so against Georgie TRYING to speak about his past-"

Vexed, Nick's color slowly begins to change red. "You want to know WHY, Sunflower?! How about YOU two!? LOOK at his arms! WHO was there when he tried cutting himself because of a terrible nightmare? ME!"

Snow grabs Georgie's arm. Even under the layer of tattoos, she could see the scars. "Georgie...."

Nick continued. "WHO was there for him, when no one else was back at the Homelands? I was there through it all. I WAS! Even when he met up with Vivian, I WARNED him about that girl-I didn't TRUST Vivian and he knew it! But he took a chance and look what happened."

Snow continued to examine Georgie's arms. The further she went, the newer the scars seem to get. The cut on Georgie's belly, however, began to burn. The urge to vomit was too great. John noticed this, as he reached for a pot and stuck it under Georgie's mouth.

"That is enough, Nick!" John nearly shrieked his demands. "I think we are finished here."

"Oh, NOW you are all done!? You have no idea what I've GONE through with him....what I've SEEN with Georgie! He's almost died countless times. NOT from the Crooked Man but ways to avoid seeing the man in the dark-overdosing on hardcore mundy drugs, cutting into his wrist, alcohol poisoning and let's not forget the leaping from a building part."

All eyes are on Georgie. They had no idea how lost he truly was. Nick sighs, as he flies past everyone.

"YOU want to help him? Do me a favor-its called TIME. You can't rush Georgie into something. TRUST me...it won't end very well. You need to tackle the man in the dark first..."

Snow looks up. "HOW then, Nick? He's only got six more months until he returns to Fabletown..."

"The three things Georgie NEVER got in his life: Love, patience and kindness. Show him this and you'll get your results. He's had enough from me...now, he needs it from YOU John, YOU Snow and looks like Sunflower is on board with it. That boy Henry seems to have taking a liking to him as well."

Georgie continues to vomit. John holds the bucket over his mouth, as he pats his back. Indeed, Nick was right; this was going to take effort and a lot of patience. But he knew it had to be done. Not just for his daughter's well being but Georgie's as well.

"We're workig on it, Nick. Learn together, I suppose."

Nick smiles, as Henry joins the group. Although he has Hay and dirt on his face, he still finds Georgie's hand and holds tight. As he does so, John digs into his pocket and pulls out the orb. Georgie grins. He knows what this is.

"You want to see her again, Georgie?"

Without another word, Georgie grabs the orb and sees Lyla in the reflection; she smiles up at him, as her hair blows gently against the wind. Georgie reaches out a finger, closes his eyes and touches the glass. He does not see darkness, nor does he see the man. Instead, all he sees is Lyla.

Love, kindness and patience.

Any questions, you know the drill. :)

• The gif is stuck on 'THAT'. D: Unless you wanted to say just 'that'? <(o.O)>

@pudding_pie, @LupineNoir Jersey being a mock reindeer? The Butter approves. Btw, Lupine...

• Yeah, I'm with Georgie and the kids on trying to sneak a gingerbread cookie. I like to think that Georgie agreed to getting the decorations and, just as Lyla turned her back, quickly sneaked (or snuck/snook, which isn't a word but now I think should be) and got one. :3 I have to thank you for that image, actually. xD

Looking forward to more. :)

Christmas challenge It's Monday...I'm off. 0_0 Wow. It's going to be one of those days, folks....well, an Xmas challenge is up. Perhaps s

• Yeah, I'm with Georgie and the kids on trying to sneak a gingerbread cookie. I like to think that Georgie agreed to getting the decorations and, just as Lyla turned her back, quickly sneaked

All this. I imagined the same thing! xD

LupineNoir posted: »

Yeah, I'm with Georgie and the kids on trying to sneak a gingerbread cookie. I like to think that Georgie agreed to getting the decorations

• Oh, JJ, this is brilliant! XD Everyone's already figured out most of them, however I reckon the blue dragon at the back is MasterStone!

I adore Mr. Weasel is his bowler hat and red tie, and the detail of his steaming cup and saucer. I figure he's terrified as Pie says, of the dragons, or that he's not realized there was something sharp on his seat and just sat down. xD Either way, this is a real day-maker. :)

LORD knows I'm no artist. (I can BARELY draw a stick figure) But for being such a wonderful thread, here is a VERY poor drawing of all our Fables together. See if you can guess WHO is WHO. Here is to more magical stories and good times!

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited December 2014

I LOVED this one. Junior with decorating the mirror! xD

Junior beams. "Morning, Mary. Just decorating the mirror."

<3 I freaking ADORE Junior to no end, Pie! :D

Mary sighs. "Georgie Porgie decorating, wrapping gifts and baking cookies? Interesting."

Junior plops down beside Mary. "No. Now THAT'S my mom. My dad just EATS the cookies and yells at the decorations when they are not working or cooperating with him."

XD XD XD I just pictured this angry, British man screaming at Christmas decorations!

This was very well done; I can FEEL the love this family has for one another. I'm in love with the idea of a Jedi Gingerbread man, too. :D Also, does Robert live with Gren or are they just with one another because of the Tree gathering later? LOVE how Carla is insane on the holidays. xD

And junior....oh man! The wheels are turning in that little Porgie head of his! :D Can't wait for more! GREAT work, pie! :)

And that image! GET used to it, Jersey! XD You look AWESOME!

Christmas Challenge Junior's fingers were numb from the Snow. He excused himself from the others, walked back to the house and up the sta

• After reading this, I needed to take a moment. THINK Noir mentioned it on the last comment he posted in regards to Georgie's past; I too, have NEVER been through something THIS horric but the idea of just an over night fix is probably putting a lot of stress on Georgie's concious. You can see he wants to get better but you can't just 'explain' and make everything go away. If anything, its more of a bandaid for the time being.

That being said, I too was like Sunflower in regards to Nick; at first, I was like 'Seriously, Nick!? He has to talk about it if he wishes to get better!' But when Nick explained it all and all the BS he went through with Georgie...the many suicide attempts? :'0 Damn, man....

And John stepping in towards the end; Snow White standing up for Georgie was nice to see, too. (I'm assuming its because they have similar BG's...IF you know what I mean) And Henry. <3 Sunflower concerned too is nice; Nick is right and the more people willing to help Georgie, the more his confidence grows too. :) The CM and the history Georgie had with him. :(I'm curious NOW to know more and how Georgie will eventually over come the 'man in the dark.'

Without another word, Georgie grabs the orb and sees Lyla in the reflection; she smiles up at him, as her hair blows gently against the wind. Georgie reaches out a finger, closes his eyes and touches the glass. He does not see darkness, nor does he see the man. Instead, all he sees is Lyla.

Love, kindness and patience.

:') <3 Love this...

Prologue Georgie stared blankly into his cup of tea. Beside him, John sat quielty; the mighty Wolf had nothing to say at that moment. He

• Great minds think alike. ;D

Yeah, I'm with Georgie and the kids on trying to sneak a gingerbread cookie. I like to think that Georgie agreed to getting the decorations and, just as Lyla turned her back, quickly sneaked All this. I imagined the same thing! xD

• Knew Makoto wouldn't betray Bigby like that! Mary seems quite callous as to the fate of her daughter; and I still wonder what she had planned for Makoto when she put her blood into him, unless it was that Makoto would kill Bigby? Anyway, it's sad that this is the end of Makoto, Celeste and Naoto. :( However, Makoto sacrificed himself for the greater good, and I'm sure you're new character will be just as entertaining. :D

Silence Makoto walked to the mirror he would meet Bloody Mary he walked in. "Mary? I know you're in here...we need to talk...it's Cele

• It is sad that they are gone :( Makoto was a brave kid he was. The blood she put into Makoto was part of her plan to make him want to kill and be like her. Thanks! :D

Knew Makoto wouldn't betray Bigby like that! Mary seems quite callous as to the fate of her daughter; and I still wonder what she had planne

• edited December 2014

I think I might be falling in love with Mary. :P Well, 'love' is a strong word, but I did enjoy the lines - and bubblegum - you gave her in this chapter!

William really is powerful if he's taking over and enslaving many people from the Homelands; and Adam did sneak out! Which makes me wonder, along with the other things mentioned in this chapter - whether or not he did have any genuine feelings for Therese , or if it was just William's control over him? Nice touch with the J.K. Rowling reference, too.

Reynard watched as caution tape was sprawled over the entrance to Therese's apartment. Every so often, there were flashes of a camera as Mar

• edited December 2014

The Story of Lydia, The Princess of Light

Light...the natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible. It's rival, darkness...the partial or total absence of light. Both of their existences go beyond the very existence of even most gods or deities. Clustered together by the fabric of time, these two watch over us from another realm that is not known by mundanes or fables.

The Kingdom of Light, Verizoness and The Kingdom of Darkness, Sprintess. These two kingdoms represent these two powers that falls over our world. As some fear them, others worship them.

Although the true story is unknown, there have been many speculations of them and most of them have been...nearly accurate.

The first rulers of each kingdom gained their powers from gods, Mr. Dark and Mr. Light. They then used their newly gained power to forge their kingdoms. They protected each other from invaders over the many generation, but as time progressed treachery was among them.

The two kingdoms realized the true attentions of their opposite,so they created two weapons designated to a wielder of it's kingdom. Light Calibur and Dark Calibur, two swords powerful enough to destroy Excalibur and the Vorpal Blade in a single strike.

These two kingdoms then went to war, destroying each other. And upon their dying breath, they transferred their kingdoms power into their princesses, Lydia and Argula. They prayed to the Divine Knight and one day hope that their princess will awaken them once again so that they can prevail once again.

The King of the Light Kingdom however, wanted his daughter to have her own life. He wanted her to forget about their fallen empire and look forward to her own future. As he says goodbye to his beloved daughter Lydia, he watches as his world fade into the light.

Now young Lydia finds herself someone where in the Fable Homelands. She is rescue and raised by a group of winged guardians said to protect the Light Calibur. All grown up, Lydia becomes very skilled with the sword and is eventually put to the test when a group of goblins invades the guardians shrine and kills nearly everyone. She was nearly killed herself but thanks to the help of the Fabled Avengers, she was not.

Having the sword stolen by Omnimaxx, she decides to team up with the Fabled Avengers and accompany them on the quest to stop Omnimaxx and the Dark Kingdom. Upon learning that she is the Princess of Light she is left with a burden on her shoulders, but she is not worried at all, she continues to push through.

Upon arrival at the Dark Palace, she manages to defeat Omnimaax and Argula restoring the damage they have done to the kingdoms of the homelands. She is then left with the choice of restoring her Kingdom and become the new master of both light and darkness.

She remembers what her father said long ago, and turns down the offer and decides to live her own life, and break away once and for all.

Lydia now travels the world with Robby and company...while prepared to strike down evil wherever it may hide...

Alt text

Up next, Wolven the Sixth Son of North Wind.

After my next back story, I shall begin my Christmas challenge!

• Can't blame Georgie for shouting at the decorations: when those light wires get tangled it's a real faff. And how come they come out of the box you bought them in fine and dandy, but just won't fit back in at all?!? Also, can't help but wonder what sort of Lego Mary would get for Junior. And it sure is nice to see all the kids waving RJ off!

I'm loving the festive Jersey! xD

• Chapter 25

Alt text

'We don't know who we are until we are connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we are with the person we are supposed to be with.'
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,`,`,,`,`,`,`,,,`

Rose Red's headlights were shinning bright, as she pulled up to the Farm. The window wipers WHOOOSHED quickly on the windows as the rain came pouring down. Her shoes trampled through the mud, as she snuck through the back and onto the Farm.

She didn't need the attention or to explain to anyone. They didn't need to know. They didn't deserve to know. Upon reaching the Orphanage, Rose peeked into the window. RJ was not in his bed. Rose automatically knew he'd be at the pond. Grendels, didn't mater rain or shine, enjoyed being around water. This weather was perfect for a young Grendel.

Stepping down, Rose wormed her way from the Farm. She did her best to avoid the occasional animal walking around or a Giant or Troll marching through the mud, looking to escape the bitter storm. Rose covered her head with her jacket; still clutching tightly to the gun that lay hidden in her jackt pocket.

Rose was prepared to shot ANYTHING down. If she knew Robert, he'd be here in no time, which meant Lyla and her snooty sister would be here as well. Rose didn't want to go to jail. All she wanted was what belonged to her-Robert.

Rose climbed the fence and carefully walked over to the pond. The sound of rain splashing into the water helped mask the squishing and stomping of her boots. Mud was flung in different directions, as Rose pulled back the weeds and tall grass. In his nest, curled up in a tiny gray ball, was RJ. The boy held a Teddy bear to his chest, as he gnawed on the ear.

Rose sighed. "Sorry, little guy...it's nothing against you, baby."

Rose looked around; she head time to wake RJ up and have the boy follow her away from the Farm. Perhaps the woods or Valley of Giants would be beneficial to her plan. There was no way, however, she could carry RJ alone.

Rose gently puches against RJ's back. RJ yawned, as he stared up into Rose's eyes.

"Rose Red.." RJ rubs his eyes. "What are you doing here? Is my mommy and daddy here, too?"

"Sh, RJ. I's just me. Here-wanna take a walk with me? You like taking walks in the rain, right kiddo?"

RJ didn't like the smile growing on Rose's face. He clutched the bear tighter. "Mr. Bear will get wet-"

Rose grabs the Bear. "No he won't-see? All safe and dry."

RJ reaches out his stubby arms. "Rose, can I have him back, please? We don't wanna walk. I'm sleepy and I don't think Nurse Sally or-"

Rose had no other options; the sour and bitter taste grew in her mouth, as she cocked the gun and pulled it from her pocket. She held the front against the frightened boy's head. Dropping the bear, the toy struck a nearby puddle. Rain began to collect on the toy's face.

"RJ, sweetie, you REALLY need to listen to Rose Red right now..."

RJ, petrified with fear, could only stare. He wanted to scream. It was building up deep in his stomach and reaching to th top of his mouth. He could EASILY take Rose down; he was, after all a Grendel and had the strength of a Male Bear. But he also knew the danger lurking in Rose's eyes. Even in the dark and the occasional flash of lightning, he knew better.

"My Bear..." RJ tried grabbng the toy. "Can I have him back, Rose? Please?"

Rose, still holding the gun, grabbed the soaked toay. Mud was caked onto its back; it was heavy with rain water, as she glared into the button eyes.

"Who gave this to you?"

RJ was confused. "What?"

"DON'T!" Rose felt the anger. Her finger trembled. "Don't, RJ, sweetie....just, WHO gave this TO YOU?"

"My mommy did...it was a gift on my birthday..."

Rose cringed. The mere mention of Lyla's name, the idea of her naked body pressed against Robert's, as they passionatly made love that led to the conception of the child before her. Rose desired to have it all; Robert, his children, the love they used to share. With hostility, Rose begins to tear the Bear apart. Piece by piece, she rips the arms out and pulls out the stuffing. RJ can only helplessly look on, as his toy is destroyed.

Rose tosses the remaining fabric aside. "You better HOPE your daddy makes the right choice, RJ. Now, get up and come with me."

RJ did as he was told. Carefully, he climbed out of the nest and walked over to Rose. The gun was now pointed to the back of his head, as the boy trailed through the mud and muck.

"Where do I go, Rose Red-"

"HUSH, RJ! Over there! Just...shit! Back to my car! Over there!"

RJ walked up the trail, past the Barn and headed to the gun. Rose looked onward, as he kept and eye on the road. She could make out a pair of headlights, as they inched closer and closer.

Smiling, Rose waited outside, as she held RJ hostage in the car.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,`,

Still as a Frog, Georgie sat quietly in the jar. Lyla, driving up the road, had Robert on speaker phone. He, along with Gren, were headed in the exact location.

"Do you see her!?" Robert panted, as he continued to run. "Do you see her, Lyla?"

"There is a car up ahead, Robert...It might be her-"

"What color?" His heart was racing. "Is it Silver-"

"Yes....a Silver little car."

"FUCK! It's her! Park the car and get out! I'm on my way!"

Lyla, with Nick behind her, parked near a stump. The gathering of the mud made if difficult to carry on.

"I'm here, Robert. HURRY!"

Lyla, unbuckling herself, looked over at Nick.

"STAY here!"

"No!" The orb flew to Lyla's face. "Rose Red is dangerous, Lyla! LOOK at what she can do and-"

"Nick, stop! I need you here with Georgie! Now, Robert is on his way! Please! I'll be right back."

Lyla exists the car. As she closes the door, she could immediatly smell Rose's perfume. She was nearby. Lyla let out a low growl, as the rain matted her hair. Her delicate fingernails turned into claws; her hinds legs began to accomodate her changing physique, as her bones stretched and her teeth became fangs. Lyla was prepared to save her child.

"Rose!" Lyla was near Wolf form, as she trailed through the mud. "Rose Red! I KNOW you are here! I can smell you!"

RJ threw himself against the back window. "MOMMY!"

Lyla's ears perked up. "Baby? RJ!"

Again, RJ threw himself against the glass. "Mommy, mommy!"

Lyla ran to Rose's car. She pressed her snout against the window. "RJ, sweetie! Let mommy in!"

"The doors, mommy!"

"Just pull that little lock there, baby! Hurry!"

RJ began to cry. "She destroyed Mr. Bear, mommy!"

"We'll get you a new Bear, baby! But you must hurry-"

"She's out there, mommy!"

Lyla looked around; her scent was strong but Lyla could not see Rose anywhere. "Baby, she is not here. Hurry so mommy can take you home and-"

Rose, now standing behind Lyla, held the gun to her head. Lyla paused and before she could turn, Rose cocks the gun.

"DON'T, Lyla unless you want RJ to see your brains all over the window..."

"MOMMY!" RJ steps out of the vehicle and runs over to Rose. "Leave her alone!"

Rose grabs RJ; Lyla, turning to face Rose, charges at the red headed woman. Still holding the gun out, she aims it at RJ's head. This causes Lyla to pauses. The rain pours down her face.

"Good doggy....now, STEP back..."

Lyla does as she is told. "Rose, please...don't. He's just a kid..."

"You think you can have it all, don't you Lyla?"

"What are you talking about, Rose?"

"Robert..."

"Robert? Rose, I don't WANT him-"

"No but he sure as FUCK LOVES you, Lyla! Good 'ol Lyla! MAN! You must REALLY put it down, dog!"

"Don't talk like that in front of RJ, please..."

"You can't just let it go, can you?"

Confused, Lyla looks at Rose. "What are you TALKING about-I HAVE Georgie!"

Rose grins. "Got your Prince in the car there? Kiss him-hear if ya' kiss a FROG, they turn into your Prince."

"Rose, please...leave RJ alone. We can discuss this back home and-"

"No." Rose shoves the gun in RJ's skull. "We do this NOW!"

Rose reaches into her breast pocket and pulls out the final vial; the vial she nearly lost during her fight with Robert back at her apartment. She tosses it at Lyla.

"Drink this-"

"What? What is-"

"Either you drink it or RJ here will paint the road in red tonight! DO IT!"

Without hesitation, Lyla opens the top and drinks the liquid inside. Her throat is on fire, as Lyla clutches her chest. She falls to the ground, as RJ panics and calls for his mother. Rose, however, continues to laugh.

"Rose Red ALWAYS get's what she wants..."

Just a mile back, Robert continues to run up the hill; behind him, Gren tries to stop his brother but is alarmed when there is a glow coming from his brother.

"Robert-" Very still, Robert stands in the road. "Robert...ROBERT!"

Robert peers down at his arm; the mark begins to glow yellow, as a burning sensation runs through his entire body. Falling forward, Robert lands in the mud. Gren grabs his brother, as the mark slowly vanishes from his arm.

"No, no, no!" Robert, now in his true form, claws at the mark. "No! NO! NO! Lyla! LYLA!"

Gren in horror, knows all too well what is taking place. Twisting in his arms, Gren could only hold his brother, as the mark slowly left his body.

Rose smiled, as the love they had for one another faded into the night.

"I ALWAYS get what I want, bitch."

"How can I move on, when I'm still in love with you?"-Robert, the last thing he said the night Lyla left him.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm going to hear it from Pie BUT...I had to take this pic with me. LOVE it! XD can yell at me later! lol Any questions, leave them below! Damn, Rose....you scary as hell! 0_o;

• Snow and Bigby telling stories of Luke and his family is a charming end. :)

The Aftermath Bigby washed up and got a ticket back to New York. How the fuck did this happen.... Bigby thought to himself, this was t

• Why thank ya! I honestly wouldn't have even done this if EMMY didn't bring up an epilogue idea XD

Snow and Bigby telling stories of Luke and his family is a charming end.

• Ah, of course it's Lyla that brings about a lot of Georgie's recovery! John's commitment to Georgie not just for Lyla's sake, but Georgie's own sake, really shows the goodness in John's heart.

Prologue Georgie stared blankly into his cup of tea. Beside him, John sat quielty; the mighty Wolf had nothing to say at that moment. He

• Yep, Light and Darkness sure are intrinsic to a lot of stories, so having them personified like this is a good idea! Lydia's triumph over Argula has certainly been a highlight so far!

MasterStone posted: »

The Story of Lydia, The Princess of Light Light...the natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible. It's rival, darkness.

• The Christmas challenge: Massacre Monday

A year after the Crooked Man incident. A woman who was average height with long dark red hair stepped out of the plane while it was snowing.

"So this is New York. Hopefully it's interesting." She said

She called over a cab, and asked to be brought to The Woodlands. When she got there she asked for Sheriff Bigbys office, she was directed to the stairs. When she got up to the floor she found the Sheriffs door and knocked.

"It's open." Bigby called

She walked in and took a seat, Bigby was doing paperwork. He looked up.

"Alright, how can I help you?" He looked up sliding his paper to the side

He looked at her crimson red eyes she wore, she was cross dressing wearing khakis and a leather coat. She seemed familiar. Bigby thought.

"I'm here for the detective job" She said.

That's right after The Crooked Man Snow wanted to hire a fable detective to help me. Bigby thought.

"Okay so when did you escape the homelands?" Bigby ask

"About the same time as all of you." She said

"Where is your family, friends, husband?" Bigby asked

"I don't remember what happened to them sadly." She said looking down. "But I do know my mother was a witch and my father was an inventor."

"What's your ability? Do you transform?" He continued.

She laughed "Come on Bigby you of all people should know we fought in World War Two together!"

"We did? Women weren't allowed on the battlefield though....were you a nurse?" Bigby asked

"No I just glamored myself to look male." She laughed

"Clever." Bigby said remembering everything about her. She could look into a fallen victim and go into the killers shoe and kill that victim and learn how and where he was killed, she could also turn into a fox when she needs to be agile.

"Sheriff you know you need me here" She smiled

"Very well Clara, you may move in here and work with me." Bigby said "Go get your citizenship and key from Snow next door"

She got up and went next door. To see Snow.

"Hello my name is Clara I will be working with Bigby as a detective. I wish to be a citizen and live here." Clara said

"Okay, lucky for you we have one room left, you get HIS room." Snow said handing her a paper and a key.

"Woah, woah wait whose room?" Clara asked

"Ichabod Crane. Don't worry we've moved out all of his stuff, it's yours to fill." Snow said

"Ah him I heard all about that" Clara said

Fly bursted in "Miss White! Bigby needs Clara now!"

"But we were just about to fini-" Snow started saying as Clara was already out the door.

Clara walked with Bigby to the scene of the crime, luckily they got to the limb first before the mundys could. The torso was under a christmas tree and was smaller than average also oddly painted in a candy cane fashion. Bigby pointed at the body.

"Well Clara welcome to Fabletown."

That's it! I don't know if this is supposed to be a happy thing but I wanted to do a Christmas mystery so I apologize if I kill the mood XD Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• edited December 2014

'We don't know who we are until we are connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we are with the person we are supposed to be with.'

"How can I move on, when I'm still in love with you?"-Robert, the last thing he said the night Lyla left him

Alt text

Favorite chapter so far. Dude...keep up the good work. You've improved SO much. :') And THAT'S where my image went to. xD Whatev. You can keep it...I'll get you back...soon....>:D

Chapter 25 'We don't know who we are until we are connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we are with the pers

• Looks at phone I have twenty more minutes! On my lunch break and I'm in a VERY festive mood. :)

Alt text

Huh...seems like Emily is ready for Christmas, too. :) Part 3 coming soon. Also, new Porgie Clan pages up soon, too. :)

• I love how she always has a gun! xD I love it! I wouldn't let her in my house but still nice seeing her into the spirit of Xmas! XD

Looks at phone I have twenty more minutes! On my lunch break and I'm in a VERY festive mood. Huh...seems like Emily is ready for Christmas, too. Part 3 coming soon. Also, new Porgie Clan pages up soon, too.

• Aren't we all XD I love Mary so much, there always needs to be a little bit of her in my chapters XD

WE still have yet to discover exactly WHAT his plans are and why he has so much power....Adam DID sneak out, though, whether he is genuine with his feelings or not will be addressed in further chapters. And Harry Potter is awesome, so I had to XD

I think I might be falling in love with Mary. :P Well, 'love' is a strong word, but I did enjoy the lines - and bubblegum - you gave her in

Sign in to comment in this discussion.