The Ending *BIG spoilers*

So, I'm assuming that Ethan dies no matter what, right? In my playthrough, I grabbed Talia to get her away from Ramsey and then Ramsey stabbed me in the neck and said that he didn't want a bold lord to be in his service. The ending made me glad that I chose to send Ethan's uncle (I forget his name) to find Asher. I almost didn't send him. I'm curious to know if everyone got the same general ending of Ethan being stabbed and Ryon being taken.

Comments

• I did the same and got the same ending, but I didnt sent for Asher, I felt it might threaten my position, will see how that plays out now that Ethan is dead.

• Yeah I got the same ending, but then again, I made the same choices as you did.
    My guess is Ethan dies no matter what.
    I to am glad that I did send Malcolm (I think is name is) off to fetch Asher in Essos. We need him now. I am wondering though, if the outcome of sending him or not could be the same either way though. I mean a raven or perhaps a "spider" could make sure that news of what went Down in Ironrath would reach the people in Essos and therefor forcing Asher home no matter what. Just my speculations though.

• I just told him off and he stabbed me stating he doesn't need a brave lord.

• I thought the same thing and I almost didn't send him for that reason. Now, I feel like the Forresters will definitely need him. I'm assuming that if you didn't send the uncle in this episode that he'll leave for Essos in the next episode.

I did the same and got the same ending, but I didnt sent for Asher, I felt it might threaten my position, will see how that plays out now that Ethan is dead.

• Yeah, same thing, grabbed the sister and got a dagger up the throat. It actually surprised me, Telltale truly captured that GoT style.

Damn, if there's a bad thing about licensed games, it's that you can't kill whomever you please. Would have liked to straight up murder some of the bastards from the show, but alas =)

• edited December 2014

I need a Tales From the Borderlands to make me feel positive and happy again, because that ending was goddamn brutal...

I truly didn't expected that Ethan will die.

• I pretty much knew I was dead the moment they said Ramsey was coming. Just tried to die with dignity.

• Same for Me haha I was like HOLY SH**** MY PLAYABLE LORD, NOOO. This means REVENGE! Altho i kind of messed the whole thing up acting aggressive, then giving mercy to the thief, then being indecisive, depending on diplomacy but the girl was defiant against Ceresai (however you spell it)

• Poor Ethan... Damn that was some ending. I offered myself as a hostage instead of Talia, got a knife in the throat instead. At least he didn't take Talia, I couldn't bear the thought of that freak taking her on one of his "hunts".

• i stayed silent there and the stab still happened,
    so I dont think theres any way to avoid that one :s

• I wonder, what happens if you let Ramsey stays outside the wall? Does he do the same thing? Or shoot a bolt at you?

• Yeah, they are masters at that. No other game has ever done that this fast for me... Also, what it just me or did there seem to be something between Talia and Gared?

I also offered myself. Anything to protect the family. Telltale certainly managed to make me feel connected with the other family members.

• I think Forresters are pretty much done now, sadly.

I thought the same thing and I almost didn't send him for that reason. Now, I feel like the Forresters will definitely need him. I'm assuming that if you didn't send the uncle in this episode that he'll leave for Essos in the next episode.

• I offered myself as a hostage and he shoved that knife in me anyway.

• I also offered myself. Anything to protect the family. Telltale certainly managed to make me feel connected with the other family members.

• edited December 2014

Yeah, they are masters at that. No other game has ever done that this fast for me... Also, was it just me or did there seem to be something between Talia and Gared?

I also offered myself. Anything to protect the family. Telltale certainly managed to make me feel connected with the other family members.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I did the same, it was a really shocking moment as i wasn't expecting it to happen.

I offered myself as a hostage and he shoved that knife in me anyway.

• Well...I kind of knew Ramsay would pull something. But I honestly thought it would be him taking Talia Hostage.

Then, in the blinking of any eye, all went to shit. I was just sitting there and thought it would be revealed to be a nightmare or something.

Spoiler: It wasn't :'(

OzzyUK posted: »

I did the same, it was a really shocking moment as i wasn't expecting it to happen.

• Yeah, I certainly notices something there as well.

tauer posted: »

Yeah, they are masters at that. No other game has ever done that this fast for me... Also, was it just me or did there seem to be something between Talia and Gared?

• I know what you mean...It was so unbelievable. I knew someone was going to die. I didn't expect a playable character is going to be the one who is getting killed off and we are talking about the character who is the lord of the house.

Well...I kind of knew Ramsay would pull something. But I honestly thought it would be him taking Talia Hostage. Then, in the blinking of

• I did loved Ramsays little nod about Lannister incest, truly have to be familiar with the material to enjoy this.

• Lol. I know what you mean. I just wanted to kill Ramsey Snow at the gate SO badly.

• Well, Im glad that at least Talia is safe, really liked her and when Ramsay wanted to take her that was it for me. I recall by taking her hunting he probably meant hunting her.

Yeah, I certainly notices something there as well.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I didn't trust Ramsey as i wanted to keep him outside the gate away from everyone. Like @DaveTheArakin said i also didn't expect a playable character to die in the first episode.

Well...I kind of knew Ramsay would pull something. But I honestly thought it would be him taking Talia Hostage. Then, in the blinking of

• Well, that's Game of Thrones for you :P

OzzyUK posted: »

I didn't trust Ramsey as i wanted to keep him outside the gate away from everyone. Like @DaveTheArakin said i also didn't expect a playable character to die in the first episode.

• I let him wait at the gates. It doesn't change anything. He still comes in and Ethan still gets it. :(

I wonder, what happens if you let Ramsey stays outside the wall? Does he do the same thing? Or shoot a bolt at you?

• I wonder what happens if you do nothing and let the timer run out.

• Damn Ramsey Snow...I don't actually hate him at first when I watch the snow, but now it feels so goddamn personal.

I let him wait at the gates. It doesn't change anything. He still comes in and Ethan still gets it.

• prolly the same as with the ... option, I think

I wonder what happens if you do nothing and let the timer run out.

• edited December 2014

Haha, definitely. I love that it's geared towards fans and they don't waste our time by giving tons of exposition. They assume that we already know the story, so they get right into this new story. It made the game feel so familiar, like it was just an extension of the show. They could have dumbed it down and explained all the backstory and wasted the time of many GoT fans, but they didn't. I think they handled the merging of stories very well.

I did loved Ramsays little nod about Lannister incest, truly have to be familiar with the material to enjoy this.

• Pretty much yeah. Don't know if you've seen the show or read the books, but he basically hunts girls with his dogs.. and does... nasty stuff to them when he catches them.

Well, Im glad that at least Talia is safe, really liked her and when Ramsay wanted to take her that was it for me. I recall by taking her hunting he probably meant hunting her.

• Heh, Telltale kinda timed it right. It is winter now and it is so damn cold where I am. I hope by the time of spring or summer, House Forrester will prevail.

Iron from Ice, we will grow stronger from this. :)

• I'm surprised people are asking this question... I've seen it on the steam forums as well.

I mean, if Nathan didn't die, then the whole narrative story would change, creating a domino effect. Usually choices in TT are small and their effect is temporary at best, but good none the less.

• Yeah, I saw that in the show, hes a very sick guy.

tauer posted: »

Pretty much yeah. Don't know if you've seen the show or read the books, but he basically hunts girls with his dogs.. and does... nasty stuff to them when he catches them.

• I got stabbed in the neck mate. Im gonna guess this is bound to happen every time?

• I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones and I still didn't expect that. Well played TellTale, well played.

• Ugh the ending really got me good :C

Felt a real kick in the gut after Ethan got stabbed... They certainly captured that feeling of shock/horror and subsequent sickness you feel after witnessing something truly unexpected and disturbing in the show.

I really got attached to all of the characters in such a short space of time, even Gregor and he only had like 5 minutes of screen time!

Each decision I made with Ethan was really thought out as I wanted him to become a good leader and still remain loyal to his house and family.
    I was even planning on what I would do in future situations to help deal with difficult situations and change as a person over time...

Then that ending happens and it all gets shoved down the toilet :C... Thanks!

God I wish we could kill Ramsay, we already have MORE than enough reasons to absolutely despise him (from both the books and show). My hate for this character has greatly exceeded my capacity!! (please let us have some satisfying retribution at least Telltale!)

• I think TTG will make Ramsay the new Joffrey. :)

Fireflew posted: »

Ugh the ending really got me good :C Felt a real kick in the gut after Ethan got stabbed... They certainly captured that feeling of shock

• I find this villain rather interesting but it kind of feels that story already lost its "Batman" character. Yes, the villain reminds me of the Joker.

• Imo he is far far worse, in hindsight Joffrey was just a pathetic pawn of Cerseis. Any real threat he possessed was just an illusion. Saying anymore regarding Ramsay would be a spoiler for the books but let's just say he provides plenty of reasons to hate his guts...

I think TTG will make Ramsay the new Joffrey.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.