Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• lawd, trying to forget that.

In my case, the only time she really seemed happy was when she was talking about my Warden. Seems like she's the last person she really cares about out there. It's all very heartbreaking.

Katalept posted: »

"She never really smiles anymore." Especially in the future.

• I don't know how your game went, but it seems both Leliana and Cassandra are losing faith in the Maker the more they learn about the Fade. I still have a ways to go with the main plot, so I wonder what kind of effect that'll have by the end...

lawd, trying to forget that. In my case, the only time she really seemed happy was when she was talking about my Warden. Seems like she's the last person she really cares about out there. It's all very heartbreaking.

• She's kind of a faux-mance. You can flirt with her a lot, eventually she will admit to having feelings, but it never goes anywhere. She says maybe she'll talk about it after everything is done, but you can never do that.

Katalept posted: »

I thought she is romancable, considering the number of times my female Inky was able to select the dialogue with a heart symbol by it.

• Ok seriously. Does anyone have a clue how to beat the storm coast dragon(name starts with a V I think)? It is seriously a pain in the butt.

• Bring Blackwall, Cassandra and Vivienne. Assuming you specced them right (Full tanks, Knight Enchanter) there's not much they can't beat. Cass and Blackwall eventually have a neigh-infinite supply of guard, and Vivienne's Knight Enchanter spec can actually make her all but invulnerable - her energy sword thing recharges her barrier with each hit. Just...keep hitting.

Ok seriously. Does anyone have a clue how to beat the storm coast dragon(name starts with a V I think)? It is seriously a pain in the butt.

• I'm level 15 and i still haven't beat my first dragon yet. Anyone got some tips for the hinterlands dragon? What companions to use, etc?

• The idea of Cullen annoys me, but I don't act like a dick to him in game for the sake of it not feeling natural for my character to just hate him so much for my own personal reasons.

Lingvort posted: »

Your comment disappeared, but I'll respond to it, anyway. This is a case of "Anders-onification", if you will. However, since Cullen actu

• Makes sense. Still, gonna be a dick to him in my asshole Qunari playthrough. Though, in that one, I'll be a dick to everyone.

The idea of Cullen annoys me, but I don't act like a dick to him in game for the sake of it not feeling natural for my character to just hate him so much for my own personal reasons.

• I went to a new area, though the game is feeling kind of grind. I'm not sure how to progress the story, I think i am level 18. I was working on the shard quest where you have to collect those skull shards. I found the secret to those, so now I'm just working on trying to unlock those doors.

Did you ever leave the hinterlands? Also just skip the quest for now like I did and come back to it later.

• Sera, her personality is awesome.

Gary-Oak posted: »

HAI GUISE. WHO IS YOUR FAVE COMPANION Mine is a tie between Solas and Sera.

• I like her personality, she isn't so stuck up like most of the cast.

They get alot of the romances including Sera, who is awesome :P. I kind of find her annoying, to be honest, but don't want to get rid of her just yet. We'll see how this turns out.

• Definitely use Vivienne and I recommend another mage like solas.

I'm level 15 and i still haven't beat my first dragon yet. Anyone got some tips for the hinterlands dragon? What companions to use, etc?

• I'm really disappointed Morrigan hardly talked about my Warden at all - her and my canon Warden were basically sisters, and I always felt that route was just as significant as romancing her. But it seems like that's all that's acknowledged.

Oh well. Hearing about her from a romanced Leliana was enough feels.

• It's better of if you're a male warden who romanced her and had a child with her, the child and herself reference them quite a lot

I'm really disappointed Morrigan hardly talked about my Warden at all - her and my canon Warden were basically sisters, and I always felt th

• Really? Awesome :D I romanced morrigan in my Canon DA:O playthrough so now I'm excited to see her. :)

It's better of if you're a male warden who romanced her and had a child with her, the child and herself reference them quite a lot

• edited December 2014

Meh. I love my canon Warden way too much to change her, and Leliana had plenty of references to her as well given that I romanced her, all of which were really, really sweet. I'm content.

Just wish there were more callbacks from Morrigan. Because I actually thought the friendship path with the female Warden in DA:O was extremely moving, more so than the romance arc, IMO.

It's better of if you're a male warden who romanced her and had a child with her, the child and herself reference them quite a lot

• So anyone have a clue how to do the dead hand puzzle in the exalted plains? Its hard as hell.

• So anyone have a clue how to do the dead hand puzzle in the exalted plains? Its hard as hell.

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited December 2014

Anyone dying a lot trying to kill those stupid dragons? I killed the bastard in the hinterlands, and i fought the first dragon in the Ice world. I kind of just ran into him.

I was fighting the one snow lands, on top of the spire, i guess. I always get to where i'm about to beat him, but then the little dragons come out , WTF PWN my mage, then my rogue, then I'm dead. I was thinking of trying to do this fight with two tanks, any suggestions?

This might be a stupid question, but there isn't a box in this game right for regents or anything you may need to store?

Another question. There was a demon that gave me a choice to either kill him or he would give me virgins. I just want to know if i made the right choice. I decided to kill the demon. Man those virgins, my elf loves virgins.

• First of all about the Dragons, when I faced the Hinterlands Dragon I first tried with myself as an archer, Iron Bull, and then Solas and Dorian. So, two mages, a charger, and a lone distance fighter. After my first failed attempt, I decided to try using Vivienne, Solas, and Dorian. So, with a full on long distance fighting team, I actually won pretty well. I ran out of potions in the end, but we all survived and I beat him.

And the demon and virgin thing... What the hell and where did this occur? XD

CrazyGeorge posted: »

Anyone dying a lot trying to kill those stupid dragons? I killed the bastard in the hinterlands, and i fought the first dragon in the Ice wo

• I'm about 45 hours in, still only at level 15. D: lol This game is so long and it's soooooo good! Honestly, it might just be the best Bioware Game since Mass Effect 1 and 2. At first I didn't really care about the Inquisitor, but they really grew on me and they're freaking awesome!

So, I have a lot of tiny quests left in the hinterlands and the Storm Coast, and my question is, how important are those tiny quests that require you collect shards and all that stuff? I just don't want to spend hours running around for little pay off. :<

• So, I have a lot of tiny quests left in the hinterlands and the Storm Coast, and my question is, how important are those tiny quests that require you collect shards and all that stuff? I just don't want to spend hours running around for little pay off. :<

Honestly, I can't say. I'm currently doing (due to college and stuff I can only play on weekends, and I don't really like my Inquisitor's face, so I might end up creating a new character, which I don't really want to do, but we all make sacrifices, right?) the quest about identifying those shards in the Forbidden Oasis (I've found all shards in the Hinterlands already), but there are 15 shards in the Oasis itself. I assume that this quest is kind of like the survey quests from ME1, but maybe, just maybe, they are a bit more rewarding.

I'm about 45 hours in, still only at level 15. lol This game is so long and it's soooooo good! Honestly, it might just be the best Bioware

• CrazyGeorgeCrazyGeorge Banned
    edited December 2014

I killed that stupid hinterlands dragon. Now i feast on his bones. Have you figured out how to craft good equipment yet?

Its like a side quest i think in the Snow world. You'll know it when you get there

and my question is, how important are those tiny quests that require you collect shards and all that stuff?

Personally i tried to do every quest i could before moving to another zone. I'm about 70 hours in. I haven't done much with the main story line, so your probably farther than i am in it. The shard quest does have a reward. If you want some extra magic resist, i suggest collecting them. I still need to collect another 10 more to be finally done with the shard quest i think.

I don't know if you know this, but the first thing you should get as a Inquisition perk is deft lock picking. You know how many times i found a locked door and couldn't get past it, because i needed this stupid talent. I think its in secrets, i just found out about this 70 hours in... Now i want to know what is in those locked doors.

I'm trying to collect those alcohol bottles, i'm 21/29 i think. I need to keep collecting those mosaic pieces.

And the demon and virgin thing... What the hell and where did this occur? XD

The demons name is like Isolade <sp?> i think. He is a boss demon, because he has a life bar like the dragons do. He is in a tower in the snow lands, you get a quest to kill him from some dude name Micheal.

First of all about the Dragons, when I faced the Hinterlands Dragon I first tried with myself as an archer, Iron Bull, and then Solas and Do

• What system do you play it on?

I have noticed a ton of bugs in this game.

Anyone else?

I'm about 45 hours in, still only at level 15. lol This game is so long and it's soooooo good! Honestly, it might just be the best Bioware

• The hinterlands dragon is the easiest so far i killed. Have one tank, and three dps. Just when the boss goes up in the air, always keep moving because he will try to hit you with a fireball. I respeced my mages to have barrier improvements, and revive. Set it so only your tank uses health pots. The only thing i think is hard is when the adds come make sure your warrior picks them up with his taunt, Focus fire them down, then get back on the boss.

Oh and have your tank keep his back away from the other members so he is the only one that gets flame breathed.

I'm level 15 and i still haven't beat my first dragon yet. Anyone got some tips for the hinterlands dragon? What companions to use, etc?

• I'm playing it on Xbox 360. So, yeah, it's pretty buggy. How about you? The worst bug I had was when I was doing the Wicked Hearts (Empress Celene mission) and there's a particular area you explore, but you have to kill the enemies in one specific spot and then wait around for the cut scene to start and for the particular mission to end. I was stuck for an hour, and it's technically a timed mission so I had to restart the whole mission from the beginning.

All the other bugs are pretty small, like being unable to converse with people during certain times, like I can't answer them when given a prompt. Also, it freezes up sometimes in big dialogue missions which has caused me to miss several important conversations. :<

What system do you play it on? I have noticed a ton of bugs in this game. Anyone else?

• LOL I so understand about the Inquisitor, the new character creation thing was SOOOO hard to use. XD Once you get the hang of it, it's fine, but it was crazy hard to get used too. My Inquisitor basically glows, because I made her have white hair and pale skin. So, she literally glows in every cut scene, she's pretty but she looks like she's radioactive! XD

Yeah, I'm just running out of things to do to get me power points. I'm basically at the end of the main story line, but I need power points for miscellaneous things, like in the Forbidden Oasis I think? There is a bridge I have to fix and a doorway full of rocks I have to move out. So, yeah, I need more power points to progress. I need at least 60 at this point, and I've closed almost every rift everywhere! XD

So, I have a lot of tiny quests left in the hinterlands and the Storm Coast, and my question is, how important are those tiny quests that re

• If "terribly laggy and freezing all the time + having terrible performance, despite being able to pull off Medium-to-High settings, and thus being forced to play on lowest settings available, combined with DirectX crashing from time to time (read "constantly")", then hell yeah, I've noticed a few, myself.

What system do you play it on? I have noticed a ton of bugs in this game. Anyone else?

• PC. My experience has actually been pleasantly smooth.

• I would of got it on PC but i wanted to turn on my ps4.

PC. My experience has actually been pleasantly smooth.

• wait until you fight the dragon right in front of Fairel's tomb, that one almost killed me at level 23.

Bring Blackwall, Cassandra and Vivienne. Assuming you specced them right (Full tanks, Knight Enchanter) there's not much they can't beat. Ca

• You mean Imshael, I think.

Him and Michel are actually characters from the books.

I killed that stupid hinterlands dragon. Now i feast on his bones. Have you figured out how to craft good equipment yet? Its like a side

• Really there are books? How many and are they any good?

You mean Imshael, I think. Him and Michel are actually characters from the books.

• edited December 2014

Like...4, I think.

They're actually pretty good if you're into the lore. The Masked Empire and Asunder were great, and gave some good context to certain things in DAI.

Really there are books? How many and are they any good?

• Quick question to anyone who has the game on PS4 , or knows how to fix the conversation bug.

I just started up the main quest again, got tired of looking for notes in the desert, so i did the part with the warden's keep. I'm there now, the conversation begins, they say something and the camera will fixate on someone's face for like five minutes. It seems to hang up on every conversation after that.

Anyone know how to fix this, there is no point playing story quests if they're going to be bugged out and you can't understand what is going on. So i just turned my ps4 off, and hopefully i can resolve this somehow.

I tried reloading , turned the game off/on. Didn't fix it. Any suggestions?

• All the other bugs are pretty small, like being unable to converse with people during certain times, like I can't answer them when given a prompt. Also, it freezes up sometimes in big dialogue missions which has caused me to miss several important conversations. :<

I just really mad at the game a few moments ago because of this bug. I don't want to skip through the story that is the fun part of this game.

I'm playing it on Xbox 360. So, yeah, it's pretty buggy. How about you? The worst bug I had was when I was doing the Wicked Hearts (Empress

• Iron Bull, Vivienne, and the third one.. Hm. Get a good Mage, like Solas or Dorian.

• Ashe Lady Insanity did some stuff on The Masked Empire, but I don't know if she finished it.

Really there are books? How many and are they any good?

• Hm, I have PS4 and the same thing happens. I had to skip stuff, which made me a bit mad. I'll see if I can find a way to fix it.

Quick question to anyone who has the game on PS4 , or knows how to fix the conversation bug. I just started up the main quest again, got

• i just stopped playing , i heard that its a known bug. I just don't see the point in continuing in a Story RPG game, where you can't read/react to the story/make choices.

Oh btw this isn't going to make it in the first patch of the game. I really hate when game companies do this shit. It really pisses me off, you spend over 100 on a game, and doesn't even work.

RhysAndLee posted: »

Hm, I have PS4 and the same thing happens. I had to skip stuff, which made me a bit mad. I'll see if I can find a way to fix it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.