Dragon Age Fan Thread

1394041424345»

Comments

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky19-1fuL2U

if some one notice it if you bring Solas and Iron Bull they will play chess match in their mind, my question is that is Iron Bull a genius?

• Huh, didn't even know this dialogue was in the game. Pretty cool. :D

• So I got an Xbox One for Christmas, and I still hadn't beaten the game on Xbox 360 and found out the Trespasser DLC couldn't be played on old gen consoles. I did an upgrade, got if for Xbox One and went game of the year edition, meaning I got all DLC. O

So, my question to everyone here who's beaten it, give me any and all advice, I sincerely want to beat it but remember just getting stuck in a rut after the Hawke and Warden quest. I ran out of ways to get points for the Inquisition to progress the story line, maybe because I played about 40 hours in 3 days time... lol Not a smart player, more of a speedrun.

I'm playing a female rogue, bow fighting inquisitor.

Share away my peeps!

• Personally I've never run out of Inquisition power points, heh. Just visit a new area and complete some quests, soon you'll have so many points that you won't even know what to do with them. :D

So I got an Xbox One for Christmas, and I still hadn't beaten the game on Xbox 360 and found out the Trespasser DLC couldn't be played on ol

• My issue was I had plenty of places to go, but my inquisitor and team were so weak that anyplace other than the first area were too dangerous for me to venture in. And I was playing on casual... Maybe I'm still not understanding the combat system.

Pipas posted: »

Personally I've never run out of Inquisition power points, heh. Just visit a new area and complete some quests, soon you'll have so many points that you won't even know what to do with them.

• Usually when I start playing the game I basically just grind in the Hinterlands and do every mission possible there. Yeah it can be a bit of a drag, but eh that's how I do it.

My issue was I had plenty of places to go, but my inquisitor and team were so weak that anyplace other than the first area were too dangerous for me to venture in. And I was playing on casual... Maybe I'm still not understanding the combat system.

• Too bad they cancelled the DLC for PS3 and XBox360

• Then have a look at THIS. These are the areas and the recommended levels when you should visit them.

Or you can just stay in the Hinterlands, as James said. I was pretty overleveled when I was leaving that area. :P

Btw, since you're doing a speedrun, I hope you didn't forget to recruit Bull. :D

My issue was I had plenty of places to go, but my inquisitor and team were so weak that anyplace other than the first area were too dangerous for me to venture in. And I was playing on casual... Maybe I'm still not understanding the combat system.

• Yeah, that was pretty shitty thing to do.

prink34320 posted: »

Too bad they cancelled the DLC for PS3 and XBox360

• "not understanding the combat system" ??? what is this... you kill or get killed

My Inquisitor play at Nightmare and as Rogue, when a fight begin it dies every time and resurect him many times. Mostly advanced tips is to take Cassandra and Solas, Cassandra will take every hits and many as she can while Solas sustain party pretty well with barrier and dispel,

• for extra surviving you can take Blackwall,
    • for more damage you take Cole,
    • for more support you take Vivienne,
    • for being a bad ass type you take Iron Bull
    • for fun you take what you like

More tips:

• if you play as a rogue and have Tempest specialization you can give plenty damage with Flask of Fire and spam Full Draw
    • if you're Assassin specialization you can cast Mark of Death and try to maxime damage with Upgrade Mark of Doom, but remember to cast it early
    • you can additional make your attempt to close your break easily then ever by adding Solas, Dorian, Vivienne, two of them + Cassandra in your party and use Dispel + Spell Purge at the ground were green fade doots begin, you will easily close your break after first wave

• That's why I sold my 360 copy and got game of the year edition when I got my Xbox One.

Flippin flip. But totally worth it.

prink34320 posted: »

Too bad they cancelled the DLC for PS3 and XBox360

• LOL I fucking know you kill shit in the game. But I know I'm still lacking in areas because I shouldn't be dying on casual so much, obviously I'm missing something.

When I was playing it seriously a year ago my team was Solas, Bull, and Blackwall when he got his crazy ass blocking and tank abilities. I swapped Dorian and Blackwall, and sometimes I used Vivienne. But seriously, thank you very much for all the info! That's helpful! :)

enter image description here

ualexen92 posted: »

"not understanding the combat system" ??? what is this... you kill or get killed My Inquisitor play at Nightmare and as Rogue, when a fig

• OMG thank you so much for this! It helps so much. * O *

I won't be doing a speedrun this time, I want to take my time and do things right, but Bull is usually the first person I recruit, he's my tank.

Then have a look at THIS. These are the areas and the recommended levels when you should visit them. Or you can just stay in the Hinterla

• I feel like I got to the point where I exhausted so much of the missions there, it was all trivial stuff like find all these items and blah blah blah. Maybe I'm just not being patient enough.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely be taking my time in the Hinterlands this time. :)

Usually when I start playing the game I basically just grind in the Hinterlands and do every mission possible there. Yeah it can be a bit of a drag, but eh that's how I do it.

• There are nonviolent fetch quests all over. And once stormhold is at a certain level of repair there is literally a shop in the courtyard you can buy influence from.

So I got an Xbox One for Christmas, and I still hadn't beaten the game on Xbox 360 and found out the Trespasser DLC couldn't be played on ol

• preach

it's $10 with ps plus as part of the current sale on psn, but given that it will never be complete that still seems like a ripoff.

Yeah, that was pretty shitty thing to do.

• edited February 2016

For those wondering why the Inquisition can't swim!

Is because your hand has the anchor in it :)

• enter image description here

ualexen92 posted: »

For those wondering why the Inquisition can't swim! Is because your hand has the anchor in it

• Arise, thread!

"Resurrecting a dead thread on a soon-to-be dead site? He must be mad!"

The true reason behind this unholy act of necromancy is that Bioware released a teaser for the next Dragon Age game at Game Awards last night.

Bioware blog post about it

• I really hope the playable backgrounds from Origins make a return.

Arise, thread! "Resurrecting a dead thread on a soon-to-be dead site? He must be mad!" The true reason behind this unholy act of nec

• edited December 2018

Fuck yes,i'm glad i stayed up tonight so i could watch this.

Arise, thread! "Resurrecting a dead thread on a soon-to-be dead site? He must be mad!" The true reason behind this unholy act of nec

• Just gonna drop this here...

• Nice,this looks good also saw Dorian on the left and Isabela at 1:09

Just gonna drop this here...

• Ohh, interesting, the concept art went by so quickly that I haven't noticed that. While Dorian's appearance was expected, considering the next game was hinted to be set in Tevinter, seeing Isabela as well is a nice suprise.

iFoRias posted: »

Nice,this looks good also saw Dorian on the left and Isabela at 1:09

• Oops! I had not seen this thread before posting on the WOYM thread. My bad.

What really stood out to me is when the lead writer said the story will be about having no power. This combined with the fact that the game will be set on Tevinter makes me believe the MC will be a Tevinter slave. We know most Tevinter slaves are elves, but that there are also humans. It's also not that far off left field for Tevinter to have some Qunari slaves considering they are at war with them. Justifying a dwarf slave is more iffy however, but I don't doubt there are some. Just a theory however.

Getting the slave POV would also tie in well with Solas being the main antagonist and there being an elf rebellion brewing all over everywhere. This is why I believe Solas will be a hundred times better than Coryphihihi, it's almost impossible to not feel somewhat sympathetic to his cause.

We've got a Warden character confirmed which means we'll be dealing with whatever is going on at Weisshaupt - which is also Hawke's last know location... is it too much wishful thinking to wish that Hawke is featured in this game (even if he is determinant)?

Also,

IS THAT A FUCKING TITAN???

Just gonna drop this here...

• Here are some tweets we should keep in mind by the game's lead writer:

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean Isabella is the cut character he's referring to.

iFoRias posted: »

Nice,this looks good also saw Dorian on the left and Isabela at 1:09

• edited December 2020

Considering Bioware's recent track record not super excited, but at least the art direction of Tevinter looks cool.

Also give Varric a break. Bioware pls.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.