Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• edited March 2015

Hmm that sounds right. I did figure Cassandra was around the same age as Leliana because she said about saving Divine Beatrix around 20 years ago, yeah she is probably between 38-40. How do you know Varric is 41? Just curious.

Cassandra's around 40 as well, and we know for a fact Varric is 41. Blackwall is probably early 50s or something, I believe it's been sai

• Hmm well if I had to guess some ages as of Inquisition:

Alister if alive is probably around 30-32

Morrigan I think is probably between 30-32

Hawke is around 35 I believe I read somewhere

Loghain if alive...hmm around 60?

Cole (his body anyways) between 18-22? He looks really young.

• edited March 2015

How do you know Varric is 41? Just curious.

Folks have worked out his birth year as being around 9:1 Dragon or 9:2 Dragon judging by his dialogue about when his family was exiled. Inquisition is about 40 years after that. 40-41.

Hmm that sounds right. I did figure Cassandra was around the same age as Leliana because she said about saving Divine Beatrix around 20 years ago, yeah she is probably between 38-40. How do you know Varric is 41? Just curious.

• According to the DA wiki, Alistair is 31, since he was born in 9:10 Dragon. Hawke is around 35, yeah, but maybe a little less than that, yet again, according to the wiki.

Loghain was a young man when he and Maric defeated the Orlesians, which means 15-20. So, yeah, late 50s to early 60s is a good estimate.

Hmm well if I had to guess some ages as of Inquisition: Alister if alive is probably around 30-32 Morrigan I think is probably between

• Nice, but still no Black Emporium.

Anyway, glad they added the party storage, I can finally put there my banana on a stick so it doesn't take spot in my inventory. :P

Bada bing bada boom realist news in the room!!! How you doin?! http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/03/dragon-age-inquisition-patch-adds-party-storage

• The Keep has been updated with some of the choices from the Inquisition, but most of them are still blank.

• They only appear as you do them in-game.

Pipas posted: »

The Keep has been updated with some of the choices from the Inquisition, but most of them are still blank.

• edited March 2015

Huh, interesting. Good to know. But still, there are a lot of hidden choices in companions for me. Do you have unlocked romance tile?

EDIT: Nevermind, I went into the game and made one last save, it seems to be working now. :)

They only appear as you do them in-game.

• For those who don't know, the lead writer of Dragon Age since Origins, David Gaider, has left. He got replaced by Patrick Weekes, who wrote Solas, Cole, Iron Bull, and most of the elven lore-related bits of DA:I, along with the book 'The Masked Empire.'

Also recently had a panel at PAX East.

Sadly, it doesn't look like the Warden is ever going to make an appearance again. :(

• Damn it that sucks, but atleast they didn't say The Warden was 100% not coming back, they just said it wasn't likely. But, most likely when it comes to dlc and future games they will probably only mention him a few times like in inquisition. I would have loved a dlc where you play as The Warden, Hawke, and the Inquisitior all three facing a bad guy of something.(I have a feeling Inquisition was the last time we see Hawke by the way.)

As for Gaider leaving... yeah that's sad, but he has left the game in very good hands, Weekes is an awesome writer. My guess is Gaider is going to help with the next Mass Effect maybe?

For those who don't know, the lead writer of Dragon Age since Origins, David Gaider, has left. He got replaced by Patrick Weekes, who wrote

• edited March 2015

My main problem is their reasoning for not bringing them back, with their supposedly 'complete story...'

"...you had chance to die heroically, or you had chance to survive and ride off into the sunset with their lover."

Because that certainly isn't true; my Warden is on some vague quest in the middle of nowhere trying to cure herself of her early death, while her lover Leliana is separated from her on the other side of the world.

That's...not much of a riding into the sunset ending, tbh...

My guess is Gaider is going to help with the next Mass Effect maybe?

Apparently he's working on BioWare's new IP.

Damn it that sucks, but atleast they didn't say The Warden was 100% not coming back, they just said it wasn't likely. But, most likely when

• Something is seriously wrong with dumping Merrill 'cause she's a blood mage but Anders is fiiiine directly afterwards. xD

ualexen92 posted: »

DO NOT ROMANCE Merrill she is blood mage, acting weird and dump I suggest to go for Anders as mage or that sweat pirate rouge Isabela I romance Isabela ♥

• A scary big sister. Jeez, if you don't unharden her... "I WILL MAKE THEM SEE" and "I AM NOT DIVINE...... YET" holy hell leliana goes cray.

Leliana is around 39-40 in Inquisition. I believe it was her writer who pegged her as being in her late 20s in Origins, and it's ten years later now. Which, makes her the oldest adviser. She's like the team big sister.

• She also 'subtly' threatens an Inquisitor who's romancing Josephine with death if they should ever harm her in any way.

She's especially scary big sister with Josephine... :S

Healoz posted: »

A scary big sister. Jeez, if you don't unharden her... "I WILL MAKE THEM SEE" and "I AM NOT DIVINE...... YET" holy hell leliana goes cray.

• DLC news coming tomorrow folks.

Alt text

• Alt text

OMGOMGOMG

So excited! :D

And is that Solas? :O

DLC news coming tomorrow folks.

• Damn, not only a trailer tomorrow, it's RELEASING tomorrow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dragonage/status/580105446087913472

• edited March 2015

Dragon Age and Game of Thrones on the same day. Good day.

Damn, not only a trailer tomorrow, it's RELEASING tomorrow. https://mobile.twitter.com/dragonage/status/580105446087913472

• Alt text

This'll be the best birthday ever.

BTW, how much do you think it'll cost?

• And Life is Strange.

• They just have to release it the same say as life is strange and borderlands collection. ....

• Not sure. Seems odd to announce it so soon without a price like that.

...free? Haha, yeah, no.

This'll be the best birthday ever. BTW, how much do you think it'll cost?

• That's a 'meh' for me, but good for fans of that. I think.

And Life is Strange.

• Few screens from the upcoming DLC.

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

• DAI dlc, GoT episode 3 AND life is strange episode 2 released on the same day, one day before i leave the uk for a week?!

Holy fuck! :D

• So the dlc is actually out right now on the east coast at least. I'm not sure if I want to buy it or not, it's 14.99 :/

• I'm installing it right now. Want me to let you know if it's worth it?

So the dlc is actually out right now on the east coast at least. I'm not sure if I want to buy it or not, it's 14.99

• I'm excited for it personally. I just wanted to add it in since it's too coming out tomorrow.

That's a 'meh' for me, but good for fans of that. I think.

• Yes please that would be awesome of you :)

I'm installing it right now. Want me to let you know if it's worth it?

• edited March 2015

The synopsis sounds very...Dragonborn DLC-esque.

Discover the fate of the last Inquisitor and the powerful dragon he hunted. Enter an overgrown wilderness filled with Avvar, fiercely independent hunters who settled in the southern mountains of Thedas. Explore their culture to uncover what happened to the last Inquisitor and the dragon he pursued. Find an ancient Tevinter fortress that hides a dangerous secret. In this new adventure, playable within the Dragon Age: Inquisition campaign, you will face powerful foes, gain legendary armor and weapons, and confront an ancient god of war bent on destroying the world. Features:

>
    • Uncover a lost chapter in the history of the Inquisition and discover the ultimate fate of the last Inquisitor

• Explore a vast, new area in Thedas with lush forests and mountainous terrain
    >
    • Earn the respect of Avvar warriors while destroying an ancient cult • Strengthen the Inquisition through new operations unlocked by your discoveries

• Hmm ok, I still haven't completed it entirely, but it's pretty good (and big). It wasn't as story driven as I had hoped, but it does provide some interesting backstory and lore. Not really a must buy, I'd only recommend buying it if you want to know more about the world, a new region to explore, and more Scout Harding (she has a fairly large presence in it, and you get to find out more of her backstory)

Yes please that would be awesome of you

• Trailer's here.

Trailer

• edited March 2015

I wonder if the character who is speaking in 1:25-1:32 is voiced by Simon Templeman by any chance.

Trailer's here. Trailer

• They did say they were "[checking out] Skyrim very extensively".

The synopsis sounds very...Dragonborn DLC-esque. Discover the fate of the last Inquisitor and the powerful dragon he hunted. Enter an

• I'm downloading it right now on the Xbox One, I will share some screens in the upcoming days!

• so the question that will make or break me getting the dlc..... can we romance Harding now? or atleast flirt with her more? lol

• It's a ''ok'' DLC but i do not think it's worth the 15 bucks and i'm not the only one who thinks Harding is cute, Sweet!

so the question that will make or break me getting the dlc..... can we romance Harding now? or atleast flirt with her more? lol

• By the way, do you have a Steam account?

Been going through this thread once more and saw this line. Don't know why I'd respond to it 4 months late, but, as a matter of fact, yes I do have a Steam account.

That was awkward, but hey, why not?

Katalept posted: »

Well, at least she takes off that stupid hood from time to time. Maybe spending so much time in the shadows keeps her skin really healthy?

• So, pals and fellow fans, I haven't been able to play DA:I lately due to... well, just read any of my countless rants about it. That's not the point, though.

The point is, have any of you played "The Jews"- erm "The Jaws of Hakkon" yet? And if so, did you like it?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.