Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• Don't forget you can still do the ritual as a female, you just need to convince Alistair or Loghain to do the hard part for you :P

Pipas posted: »

But honestly, no idea. It shouldn't be possible with female warden. Maybe you have some mod installed?

• That's what happened in my canon, Alistair did it for her because...well, she obviously couldn't. I'm really miffed though, because there was supposed to be dialogue acknowledging it that I never get. :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLh-8VvVoX4

Don't forget you can still do the ritual as a female, you just need to convince Alistair or Loghain to do the hard part for you :P

• edited February 2015

Yeah, dunno why they cut it. :-( Loghain was supposed to have some lines as well.

Edit: Nvm, appearently It's bugged. That sucks.

That's what happened in my canon, Alistair did it for her because...well, she obviously couldn't. I'm really miffed though, because there was supposed to be dialogue acknowledging it that I never get. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLh-8VvVoX4

• edited February 2015

So replaying Dragon age origins and is the ending bugged? I married Anora but the epilogue screens it says Anora never married again? Then in Awakening Alistair is the King? Is there anyway to fix this bug?

Edit: nevermind I found a fix.

• Bump. Here is some awesome news, looks like we will be getting the ability to have more storage space and a way to change our appearances soon through an upcoming update(it does get boring starring at the same character for 100+ hours.) Also looks like they are currently working on the very first single player dlc!!!!!(please be about the hero of Ferelden :)).

http://www.inquisitr.com/1834246/dragon-age-inquisition-team-hasnt-stopped-trying-to-add-new-fan-requested-features/

• The people who made it had a thing for cheese and wine so they put quite a bit of it throughout the game as kinda of like an easter egg.

• If it is about the hero of ferelden I probably won't be able to contain the hype.

Alt text

Bump. Here is some awesome news, looks like we will be getting the ability to have more storage space and a way to change our appearances so

• edited February 2015

I'm convinced any DLC involving the HoF might be last, because some notes you can find after the endgame lead me to believe their story might be linked with Solas.

Which I have a feeling is going to be the final DLC, a la Witch Hunt in DAO.

The hidden message in the Well of Sorrows also adds some fuel to my suspicions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ6kedMF0Uw

Something about the Calling...

Bump. Here is some awesome news, looks like we will be getting the ability to have more storage space and a way to change our appearances so

• I wouldn't mind it either way to be honest.

We either get separate DLC's focusing a lot more on each individual story; Hero of Fereldan or Solas.

Or we get an epic conclusive DLC to help reunite us with the Hero as well as rekindling any romance with Solas with an epic story.

• edited February 2015

• Cole: I think I have it. Let me try again.
    ◾ Varric: Alright, Kid, let's see what you've got.
    Cole: "Knock, knock."

Varric: "Who's there?"

Cole: "Cole."

Varric: "Cole who?"

Cole: "It's me, Cole. That is my name."

Varric: "No, no. You're still not getting it. Sorry, Kid."

Varric: "Okay, I'll bite. Who's there?"

Cole: "The Inquisition."

Varric: "The Inquisition who?"

Cole: "That's who we are, Varric."

Varric: "Er... yeah. That's not working either. You didn't get that one from Sera, did you?"

Varric: "Okay, try it again, you'll get it."

Varric: "Who's there?"

Cole: "Me."

Varric: "(Sighs.) Me who?"

Cole: "Me, and I'm telling a knock knock joke."

Varric: "Uh... that was... closer keep trying."

• edited February 2015

(Cole on his confusing comments)

"Look at all the stars. They are so far away. Some of them are gone."

Solas: "Vast but still. Does it bother you, how different it looks than the sky in the Fade?"

Cole: "At first, I didn't remember. Now I just want to forget."

Vivienne: "The creature has more riddles for us, it seems."

Cole: "It isn't a riddle. I can say what I mean without you understanding."

• Is there any news about a DLC for Inquisition?

• edited February 2015

Only this.

Alt text

True_Scum posted: »

Is there any news about a DLC for Inquisition?

• edited February 2015

So I'm playing Dragon age 2(almost done with act 2) and I really like the game, I don't get what all the hate was about. My only complaint is the story isn't nearly as good as origins(still not bad). Anyways I'm romancing Merrill because she is just too cute :3

• DO NOT ROMANCE Merrill she is blood mage, acting weird and dump I suggest to go for Anders as mage or that sweat pirate rouge Isabela

I romance Isabela ♥

So I'm playing Dragon age 2(almost done with act 2) and I really like the game, I don't get what all the hate was about. My only complaint i

• Nothing wrong with a little Blood Magic :3.

ualexen92 posted: »

DO NOT ROMANCE Merrill she is blood mage, acting weird and dump I suggest to go for Anders as mage or that sweat pirate rouge Isabela I romance Isabela ♥

• My biggest complain would be the repetitive areas, otherwise it's a good game.

Which class are you playing as?

So I'm playing Dragon age 2(almost done with act 2) and I really like the game, I don't get what all the hate was about. My only complaint i

• go for Anders

Alt text

ualexen92 posted: »

DO NOT ROMANCE Merrill she is blood mage, acting weird and dump I suggest to go for Anders as mage or that sweat pirate rouge Isabela I romance Isabela ♥

• OK yeah you got a point there, I've noticed a lot of area are just reused. Like for example why is Fenris's mansion reused like 30 times for Bartrands mansion, Invisible sister hideout, Dupois house, etc.

Anyways I'm playing as a warrior with Reaver specialization, which is pretty fun. The main party I am using for the game consist of Merrill, Varric, and Isabela, which seems to be working out well.

My biggest complain would be the repetitive areas, otherwise it's a good game. Which class are you playing as?

• Why does everyone seem to dislike Dragon age 2 Anders? He's not that bad

go for Anders

• From a designer point of view, you can say it is just laziness. But from a storytelling point of view, Varric is the narrator of the story. He doesn't give any details about the locations Hawke and the others are in, so Cassandra is forced to fill the blanks by making the location look the same.

I read that fridge logic in tvtropes.org.

OK yeah you got a point there, I've noticed a lot of area are just reused. Like for example why is Fenris's mansion reused like 30 times for

• Did you play Dragon Age Awakening?

Anders was so cool back there I give him a gift cat name Ser Pounce-a-lot

In Dragon Age 2 Anders has lost the cat

'Ser Pounce-a-lot was intended to be featured in Anders's Clinic in Dragon Age II; however, the developers did not have enough time to make a new model. It was later suggested that Anders have a cat skull on his staff, but David Gaider said that it was "too mean".[1]' that mean is devloped to be bad

Alt text

'When asked who actually took Ser Pounce-a-lot away from Anders, David Gaider joked "Nobody. Ser Pounce-a-lot was possessed by the spirit of Justice, and transformed his body to look like his former owner. Then one day he chased a mouse onto a ship and ended up in Kirkwall. It was the weirdest thing."[2]' This explain a loot.

Why does everyone seem to dislike Dragon age 2 Anders? He's not that bad

• Wait for act 3. ._.

• edited February 2015

Fenris is my boo. Dem dancin skills got me hooked. * O *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux0Ybby9F6U

• I absolutely loved DA2. I have to say it's my favorite. But, I can also see why people would've disliked it. I just really liked it myself. There are few games I can play over and over and over like DA2. :)

• cause he is a asshole

• I liked the Arcade feel of the combat with DA 2, however i liked the story of 1 the best.

Dragon Age I: felt like a MMO, to the point you are doing pointless quests 80 percent of the game. I did like the dragon fights, they were challenging, but they got pretty easy toward the end.

I absolutely loved DA2. I have to say it's my favorite. But, I can also see why people would've disliked it. I just really liked it myself. There are few games I can play over and over and over like DA2.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux0Ybby9F6U

• Yeah, Origins has a very grand and dire feeling to it. The story is very good, and it's much easier to put yourself in the game than playing as Hawke. Even if Hawke looks kinda like you or how you want them to look, it felt like Hawke had already been fairly established in their own story and you were just deciding what they were doing. In Origins it was like it was you who was going through this story, like you'd literally just been dropped into this world. In DA2, it was like, here's Hawke. Make them do stuff.

Yeah, I still haven't beaten Dragon Age Inquisition, even thought I bought a new Xbox 360 on Black Friday just to be able to play it. XD At this point I'm waiting for the DLC's to drop so that I have more to play in succession. But yeah, Inquisition is overwhelming to me.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

I liked the Arcade feel of the combat with DA 2, however i liked the story of 1 the best. Dragon Age I: felt like a MMO, to the point you

• Can't wait till that patch 5 launches, I need to change my human Inquisitor's eyebrows. :P

Here, have some random DA:I news: http://www.inquisitr.com/1881226/bioware-plans-to-hold-more-dragon-age-inquisition-beta-tests-for-upcoming-content-sign-ups-now-open/

• I need to change my qunari's beard color lol

Can't wait till that patch 5 launches, I need to change my human Inquisitor's eyebrows. :P

• So does anyone know or have a guess at how old some of the characters are in Inquisition? The only one I know for sure is Josephine is between 27-29 and Solas is in his 40's. (According to their writers)

• edited March 2015

Pretty sure Solas is older that that, heh.

So does anyone know or have a guess at how old some of the characters are in Inquisition? The only one I know for sure is Josephine is between 27-29 and Solas is in his 40's. (According to their writers)

• edited March 2015

Leliana is around 39-40 in Inquisition. I believe it was her writer who pegged her as being in her late 20s in Origins, and it's ten years later now.

Which, makes her the oldest adviser. She's like the team big sister.

So does anyone know or have a guess at how old some of the characters are in Inquisition? The only one I know for sure is Josephine is between 27-29 and Solas is in his 40's. (According to their writers)

• edited March 2015
  • Yeah if I had to predict her age it would be somewhere between 35-40.

Leliana is around 39-40 in Inquisition. I believe it was her writer who pegged her as being in her late 20s in Origins, and it's ten years later now. Which, makes her the oldest adviser. She's like the team big sister.

• edited March 2015

Cassandra's around 40 as well, and we know for a fact Varric is 41.

Blackwall is probably early 50s or something, I believe it's been said Bull is mid 30s-ish.

Vivienne's apparently older than she looks, there's a note saying she's taking anti-aging potions or something...

Yeah if I had to predict her age it would be somewhere between 35-40.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.