Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• I'm leaning towards him. He is a pretty awesome well written character and a good guy(I think/hope).

Side note: I just read Josephine's wikia and her romance sounds pretty sweet and interesting. So many great characters.

I recommend Solas. IMO, he has the most well-done romance plot in the game. Plus feels.

• Hmm, I guess it's more with the latter. Don't get me wrong, I have no real issues with transsexuals in real life (I think so, at least), but this character, in my opinion, is just out there to represent transgender characters as something more than exotic prostitutes like in DA2. Not to mention the way the Iron Bull explains it as acceptable within the Qun, as if, if you're a woman, but identify as a man, suddenly, you're a man. I can't help but remember how Sten was confused about female party members in DA:O, but, apparently, Bioware decided to find a way to explain it... regardless of how uncharacteristically it sounds.

Maybe I do sound like I'm some sort of bigot, but, frankly, if being against this whole notion of inclusiveness for the sake of inclusiveness and representation for the sake of representation (which, to be honest, is something unnecessary in the Medieval-esque setting) is bigotry, then fine. I'm sure Krem is a complex, interesting character, but this whole "progressive" notion Bioware has as of late is beyond me.

Rant is over, I guess.

Is that more of an a issue with Hale or Transgenders? Just curious, not trying to be mean.

• I know, that is why i am tired of her. Get it, she been in everything. Her voice isn't sexy it sounds like a man.

No. In my opinion she's a great VA, she's provided a lot of voices over the years and deserves a lot of credit.

• I've posted it on here before...

MoS Master Race

Charlieh65 posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MVqdYcbDp8

• What is the name of the violinist girl from Dragon Age, she is hot as fuck.

Finally found the lovely lady who's responsible for the game's gorgeous tavern songs. She's done some new versions of them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1IC4ymq8Uk

• I was recently considered who to actually romance for my in game canon playthrough and I decided to go for Cassandra. Not just that I've decided to be an elven apostate mage too, one she probably cannot be accepted to love, but I will use my elven ways on her.

The thing is, it's really annoying to get a decent looking male elf one that probably would attract the likes of Cassandra.

• I am romancing Cullen. I haven't finished it yet but Cullen is a good one. It's kinda bland, to be honest. I mean, once you reach the sex scene there's nothing to look forward too, it's just kinda the same old Cullen.

So has anyone here romanced Cullen yet? How does that work out?

• I completely agree with you. Bioware is trying really hard to include everyone, and they're not doing too good of a job at it. Some of the stuff doesn't feel natural, just really forced. Like you said, including everyone for the sake of including everyone. And to clarify, that doesn't mean I have an issue with transgender people or gay or lesbian.

Lingvort posted: »

Hmm, I guess it's more with the latter. Don't get me wrong, I have no real issues with transsexuals in real life (I think so, at least), but

• It's hard at first, to romance her/become her friend. However, I also used my Elven ways on her.

I was recently considered who to actually romance for my in game canon playthrough and I decided to go for Cassandra. Not just that I've dec

• In that case I'm probably gonna go with Solas or Sera. I screwed up the blackwall romance by accidentally locking it in before I wanted to choose so I had to break up with him xD

I am romancing Cullen. I haven't finished it yet but Cullen is a good one. It's kinda bland, to be honest. I mean, once you reach the sex scene there's nothing to look forward too, it's just kinda the same old Cullen.

• Yeah, they're trying too hard, and if they are doing this just to include everyone so nobody feels offended is a wrong way to do that.

I wanted to add something more, but I realized I'd be repeating something I already said previously.

I completely agree with you. Bioware is trying really hard to include everyone, and they're not doing too good of a job at it. Some of the s

• You can upload photos to imgur and then copy the image link address. Then go to the image button when you make a post and paste the url for the image.

RhysAndLee posted: »

Nice. Also, I have a question. I am new, so how do you post photos on here? Because I want to show off my Qunari and Elf.

• edited January 2015

I just finished Origins and I must say DA II is a great game. Anyway here's my character Catlyn:Alt text

• Nice job on the character. She looks good :D

• I know there isn't a Canon inquisitior, but does anyone else think Dragon age: Inquisition is meant for an eleven inquisitior?

• They seem the most plot-relevant to me with all the elven stuff going on in the latter half of the story, especially with tge Solas romance. Which is odd since humans were the only race in the game for a a while.

I know there isn't a Canon inquisitior, but does anyone else think Dragon age: Inquisition is meant for an eleven inquisitior?

• Just finished the game and I have mixed feelings about it,I was sure that someone from the inner circle was going to die and I guess I got a bit dissapointed that nothing extremely tragic happened and my ending was too good. Just to give an example,in Mass Effect I kinda of fucked up a bit and got really mad at myself for it but that didn't happen in DAI. Btw,I knew there was something going on with Solas and now I really want him back in future games so I can kill him. I started romancing Blackwall but ended it after his personal quest and then went for Cullen.

Played as a human female rogue and I think for my second playthrough I'll go as female qunari being a real ass to Solas. I really want to play the previous games now but let's see how that goes.

• So today I wanted to start a new game, but I can't import my world state from the Keep. Anyone having the same problem? I guess it's because of the latest patch.

• edited January 2015

Is there a new patch? I haven't really played the game since mid-December.

EDIT: 1500 comments.

Pipas posted: »

So today I wanted to start a new game, but I can't import my world state from the Keep. Anyone having the same problem? I guess it's because of the latest patch.

• edited January 2015

Yeah it's supposed to Improve alot of single player stuff on the pc version I believe.

Is there a new patch? I haven't really played the game since mid-December. EDIT: 1500 comments.

• Yeah elf inquisitior seems to be the most plot relevant and has the most unique dialogue choices it seems. Also have you noticed the under abundance of Dwarf characters?

They seem the most plot-relevant to me with all the elven stuff going on in the latter half of the story, especially with tge Solas romance. Which is odd since humans were the only race in the game for a a while.

• Yep, it came out yesterday. HERE are the patch notes.

Btw, the Keep problem is now fixed. :-)

Also yay, 1500th post!

Is there a new patch? I haven't really played the game since mid-December. EDIT: 1500 comments.

• Well, it doesn't include any optimization, but at this point I think the problem is in my rig, not the game itself. It has little lag on lowest settings, and, while it lags quite a bit on high settings, I'm able to tolerate that... to an extent.

Pipas posted: »

Yep, it came out yesterday. HERE are the patch notes. Btw, the Keep problem is now fixed. :-) Also yay, 1500th post!

• Haha okay. Bit of a shame, but ah well.

Actually, looking back on it, I don't think it's true. It was pretty much still a speculation on my part, mostly because I've heard it being

• edited January 2015

So how many playthroughs have yall done so far?

I've done 1 male qunari warrior(romance Cassandra)playthrough and almost done with my female elf mage (romances Solas)playthrough. And for my next playthrough I am trying to decide between a Dwarf or Human rogue(probably will use knives).

Anyways another question for those who played as a Dwarf is there any race specific dialogue for them?

• I love Cassanda's romance. The way she's so stern and reluctant to acknowledge any chance of romancing he Inquisitor, and then just lushes over how romantic you are with her in the later scene.

• Just started my second playthrough as human male archer who believes he was sent by Adraste. This will be fun.

Dunno about dwarves, but I bet there are some race specific dialogues for them. :)

So how many playthroughs have yall done so far? I've done 1 male qunari warrior(romance Cassandra)playthrough and almost done with my fem

1. 3, technically.

First was a female Qunari warrior, romanced Blackwall, sided with the mages. Second was that same character just reloaded to side with the Templars. Romanced Iron Bull too.

Currently working through a female elf mage romancing Solas. I think this might be my canon run tbh.

So how many playthroughs have yall done so far? I've done 1 male qunari warrior(romance Cassandra)playthrough and almost done with my fem

• Yeah usually my first run in games is my canon, but in this case my elven inquisitior playthrough turned put way better. Though it was hard choosing between Solas, Sera, Cullen or Josephine to romance lol.

* 3, technically. First was a female Qunari warrior, romanced Blackwall, sided with the mages. Second was that same character just reloa

• I will tell you one thing....choosing between Alistair and Hawke really was difficult. I choose to Save Alistair (I think Hawke will somehow survive though) and seeing Varric's reaction was heartbreaking :, (

• Hmm still trying to decide between playing as a Dwarf or Human male next. Seems like playing as a human would be boring though and wouldn't be unique.

• The fact that Bioware put "Hawke/Warden will likely die" seems to make their survival likely. Also something Flemeth told Hawke, something like "When you reach the abyss, do not hesitate to leap". And the name of the quest just so happens to be Here Lies the Abyss.

• Yeah that's what I was thinking I was like "oh it says likely. Ethier that means they don't really die or that's just Bioware covering it's butt just in case they retcon it."

The fact that Bioware put "Hawke/Warden will likely die" seems to make their survival likely. Also something Flemeth told Hawke, something l

• What do you guys think Dragon Age 4 will be about, if there is one? I personally hope we get to see more Qunari, in DAI, there wasn't very many of them, and the only female qunari i've seen was the Inquisitor.

• We know we're going north, likely to Tevinter. Arlathan was there, and given all the elf related reveals this game...I'd say the chances of it being a huge plot point are pretty good.

Gary-Oak posted: »

What do you guys think Dragon Age 4 will be about, if there is one? I personally hope we get to see more Qunari, in DAI, there wasn't very many of them, and the only female qunari i've seen was the Inquisitor.

• Personally, the area of Thedas that i want to see the most, is Rivain (That's how you spell it, right?)

We know we're going north, likely to Tevinter. Arlathan was there, and given all the elf related reveals this game...I'd say the chances of it being a huge plot point are pretty good.

• edited January 2015

Welp, finally finished my female elf mage, romancing Solas. All of these feels. This is definitely my 'canon' run now.

Alt text

Really hope there's a DLC to get some resolution on this. Right now...damn. Probably the most heartbreaking thing in the game, especially that final scene.

Also, my Inquisitor looks so different without her vallaslin. Still haven't gotten used to it.

I mean, before:

Alt text

Alt text

And after:

Alt text

Alt text

She feels so...naked. D:

• Yeah I decided to keep my elf's Vallaslin because she didn't look right without it. And I'm with you with the elven playthrough being my Canon. Though I regret having to choose between Hawke and Alistair. :( who did you have to choose between?

• edited January 2015

Welp just started my third playthrough. I decided I'm gonna go with Human male Rogue Archer instead of a Dwarf. Mainly because I feel like doing a playthrough without losing court approval and because i want to romance Josephine this time and I feel like a Human character fits the best since they are both nobles and all. I might actually side with the Templars for once this time since I never did that before.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.