Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• I chose between Stroud and Hawke. Alistair is king in my canon world, and Loghain is six feet under.

Actually saved Stroud, though. From a narrative standpoint, I just prefer Hawke being the one to die.

Yeah I decided to keep my elf's Vallaslin because she didn't look right without it. And I'm with you with the elven playthrough being my Canon. Though I regret having to choose between Hawke and Alistair. who did you have to choose between?

• My human playthrough will actually be my first time seeing this Stroud guy as the contact. I heard he is pretty cool.

I chose between Stroud and Hawke. Alistair is king in my canon world, and Loghain is six feet under. Actually saved Stroud, though. From a narrative standpoint, I just prefer Hawke being the one to die.

• You can meet Stroud up to 3-4 times in DA2. It's strange that you talk about him as if you've never seen him before.

My human playthrough will actually be my first time seeing this Stroud guy as the contact. I heard he is pretty cool.

• Because I never have :P

Lingvort posted: »

You can meet Stroud up to 3-4 times in DA2. It's strange that you talk about him as if you've never seen him before.

• Have you ever played DA2?

Because I never have :P

• I only ever played the first hour or two. I never got to finish it because Inquisition came out before I could finish it, heck I only got origins done the day before inquisition came out.

Have you ever played DA2?

• Ah, yes, I remember now. In that case, I'd say you should play once you're done with your 3rd playthrough of DA:I, just to fill the gap.

Effectively, Stroud is an Orlesian Grey Warden whom you meet on 3-4 separate occasions in DA2 (he won't appear in one of this instances if Alistair was made a Warden, though). He's an acquaintance of Anders, and, afterwards, Hawke. He's pretty much a background character, IMO. He didn't have a lot of character development in DA2. Also, as a minor trivia, he's voiced by Stephane Cornicard, who also voiced Riordan in Origins.

I only ever played the first hour or two. I never got to finish it because Inquisition came out before I could finish it, heck I only got origins done the day before inquisition came out.

• Ahh ok cool. Yeah I plan on going back and probably replaying Origins and DA2 after I'm done with my 3rd playthrough. I would go back and do it now but I'm still really addicted to DA:Inquisition and I already started my third playthrough(I didn't get to far yet I'm only level 5 and, I've only discovered 1/3 of the Hinterlands. )

Ah, yes, I remember now. In that case, I'd say you should play once you're done with your 3rd playthrough of DA:I, just to fill the gap.

• Funny enough, although I've neglected playing DA:I for a while, I've managed to do 80-90% of the stuff in the Hinterlands. Twice. Even killed a dragon, but that doesn't count because I cheated.

Ahh ok cool. Yeah I plan on going back and probably replaying Origins and DA2 after I'm done with my 3rd playthrough. I would go back and d

• Man....now I'm seriously contemplating on whether to go back and do a playthrough of Origins again and DA2 before I get too far in my Inquisition playthrough. If I go back I would likely try making it my canon playthrough.... what to do....

Anyways what do you mean you cheated to kill a dragon?

Funny enough, although I've neglected playing DA:I for a while, I've managed to do 80-90% of the stuff in the Hinterlands. Twice. Even killed a dragon, but that doesn't count because I cheated.

• I say go for it. Do a long run, so to speak. Also, if you weren't/aren't really impressed with DA2, that's how you're supposed to feel.

PC Master race. Well, to be frank, I was looking for some cheat tables (for Cheat Engine) to use, mostly for crafting and stuff. I found one that had a lot of different variables, among which was a God Mode, which I turned on. That's how I killed the dragon. I like cheating... a lot. This has a negative effect on my playing skills, but I cheat mostly for fun, or whenever I feel like I'm not able to get through a part of the game. I'm not proud of it, but I just really like to do it.

Man....now I'm seriously contemplating on whether to go back and do a playthrough of Origins again and DA2 before I get too far in my Inquis

• Yeah, my calculation may be a bit off, it's been a while since I last played DA2.

• Yeah, my calculation may be a bit off, it's been a while since I last played DA2.

• I thought you could meet him max 2 times? In the Deep Roads and at the end of Act 2.

Ah, yes, I remember now. In that case, I'd say you should play once you're done with your 3rd playthrough of DA:I, just to fill the gap.

• OH, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

• Really? Haha, that's a connection I never made somehow. :S

OMG It's Ellen Page as a Elf!

• Forum is hungry today...

OH, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

• Had to wait for a few minutes before responding. Responding immediately seems to be the main case of this glitch.

Well, the forum's the most hungry fucker I've ever seen, that's for sure.

Pipas posted: »

Forum is hungry today...

• Beautiful tavern songs are available for download for free until February 9!

Alt text

DOWNLOAD HERE

• I already downloaded them back when the game first came out.

Pipas posted: »

Beautiful tavern songs are available for download for free until February 9! DOWNLOAD HERE

• Guys I have a question. I'm about ready to Replay through Origins and I was gonna use a Male Human Noble and i wanted to k ow is it possible to marry Anora and romance Morrigan or Leliana?

• Yeah, why not? I don't think that Anora gives a shit. :D

Guys I have a question. I'm about ready to Replay through Origins and I was gonna use a Male Human Noble and i wanted to k ow is it possible to marry Anora and romance Morrigan or Leliana?

• edited January 2015

Yeah.

A friend of mine has a playthrough where her Warden romanced Leliana but married Alistair for a power grab, and it's acknowledged. Leliana was actually introduced as the 'mistress to the Queen of Ferelden' at the Winter Palace, in fact.

I assume it works the same with a male Warden and Anora.

Guys I have a question. I'm about ready to Replay through Origins and I was gonna use a Male Human Noble and i wanted to k ow is it possible to marry Anora and romance Morrigan or Leliana?

• Talking about Leliana, importing a save game where the Warden romanced her and died leads to what is probably the most heart-wrenching dialogue in the game.

Goddamn.

• What does she say?

Talking about Leliana, importing a save game where the Warden romanced her and died leads to what is probably the most heart-wrenching dialogue in the game. Goddamn.

• edited January 2015

There were quite a few pretty bloody sad references, but the one that stands out the most...

"I was with the Hero of Ferelden when she killed the Archdemon. The Maker brought us together, and then...I watched her die. In that instant, I felt the Maker's presence grow cold. One moment, a cherished child. The next...abandoned."

There's actually an entirely different context to her role as Left Hand, if you romanced her with a Warden who did the sacrifice. Ends up she was already having a crisis of faith, and says she went to Justinia looking for a purpose again. ;_;

What does she say?

• I finally found I do not know how many of you have found this easter egg!

Alt text

• edited January 2015

Alt text why is there so much cheese

• Time for celebration! CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!

...WAIT! Scratch that! Cheese for no one.

• I finally managed to find out what is exactly causing my game to lag so much. My graphics card is simply too bad for the game, at least according to this thread on Bioware forums. http://forum.bioware.com/topic/519911-official-dragon-age-inquisition-pc-performance-thread-please-see-op/

My card is Nvidia GTX 550 Ti and according to that graph, it's "Possible [to play the game], but with great performance hit". And, guess what, I can't upgrade.

It does sound like I'm complaining, and, ain't hidin' it, I am. I've been talking about it for so long that it's likely nobody wants to hear about it anymore, but I guess I needed to rant for a bit, lol.

• I'm not trying to start a console war, but it's things like that, that makes me glad to own a console. I hope you can find a way to play the game eventually. Why exactly can't you upgrade your card? Are they expensive?

I finally managed to find out what is exactly causing my game to lag so much. My graphics card is simply too bad for the game, at least acco

• Why exactly can't you upgrade your card? Are they expensive?

I can't because I have no money to do that and no job to earn to that money. And yeah, they are expensive. To be honest, they fucking skyrocketed. My entire PC was worth around 700$ in my national currency. Now, a good graphics card (from that graph in the thread I've linked) costs even more than that, and since my national currency went down in price, 700$ is now twice as expensive. So, yeah, I'm not likely to upgrade any time soon.

I'm not trying to start a console war, but it's things like that, that makes me glad to own a console. I hope you can find a way to play the game eventually. Why exactly can't you upgrade your card? Are they expensive?

• I'm just sitting here trying to run Inquisition on dual core after finishing DA2. After 2 hours of messing around I can finally open it. But not to the menu.

• I understood that reference. Uncle Sheo is the best.

Time for celebration! CHEESE FOR EVERYONE! ...WAIT! Scratch that! Cheese for no one.

• So I was playing as a female warden during Origins and in the end I performed the ritual with Morrigan. How did this happen?

• Alt text

But honestly, no idea. It shouldn't be possible with female warden. Maybe you have some mod installed?

Charlieh65 posted: »

So I was playing as a female warden during Origins and in the end I performed the ritual with Morrigan. How did this happen?

• Charlieh65 posted: »

So I was playing as a female warden during Origins and in the end I performed the ritual with Morrigan. How did this happen?

• hey that is my favorit magic too!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtYUaUduYk

Sign in to comment in this discussion.