Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• Anyone play the dlc yet? How is it?

• (Late reply I know) are you planning on getting The Descent or are you waiting for reviews?

Pipas posted: »

I didn't even get the previous one. From what I heard it's only one big area with a little story. Meh.

• First I'm waiting for people's reactions. Then I might get it.

(Late reply I know) are you planning on getting The Descent or are you waiting for reviews?

• I'd just be happy with story-heavy DLC. :P

I want a dlc with all old characters returning something like The citadel dlc of mass effect 3 or a dlc with the Warden

• edited August 2015

Welp bad news. I'm hearing the Descent dlc is only 2 hours at most and has very little story and leaves more questions than answers, so It definitely doesn't seem worth it especially for $15. Man I liked Inquisition, but the DLC's have been stinkers. Bioware did a much better job with dragon age origins and Mass effect trilogy DLC's

• DA:O had some decent DLCs, but most of them were meh. But they really outdid themsleves with DA2 DLCs. Honestly, these ones were better than the main game, hehe.

Welp bad news. I'm hearing the Descent dlc is only 2 hours at most and has very little story and leaves more questions than answers, so It d

• My main problem with The Descent is the same one I had with Hakkon. It lacks the content that makes it worth investing in. It holds an interesting story but the way they finished it up was cheap and annoying, it's like they went "Oh look something happened, we'll let you ask questions, but we will only answer your questions with cryptic answers and even more questions." I hate how it finished up, and in the long run the loot just feel ugly for anyone other than a dwarf (Which makes sense) but when the only Dwarf on your team is a rouge, the loot seems limited and wasted.

I know they're building up for the Solas DLC but this DLC magnified an issue I've been having with the DLC of Inquisition. It just doesn't feel alive. You're squad barely banter outside of cutscenes, and even then it's a few throw away lines. I just need that Solas DLC because it sounds so much like the type of DLC this game can benefit from, the Citadel DLC of the Dragon Age Series.

• I didn't play Hakkon and I bought Descent because of the Deep Roads setting and because I played Inquisition so many times now that I just needed something new in it. I just finished it and to me it wasn't very interesting either, the small amount of information that they give us did feel interesting to me but if you just told me that in text it would have had the same effect that playing to get the information had. One thing that I really liked was how the Deep Roads here reminded me all the time of how they were in Origins, I think they did a very good job in recreating the atmosphere and the design that they had back then.

Also, the fucking nug king thing. Loved that stupid shit. But next DLC I'll just do what I did with Hakkon and wait to see what people say about it.

• Aaand judging by the people's reaction here and reviews, I'll pass.

(Late reply I know) are you planning on getting The Descent or are you waiting for reviews?

• Honestly it's not worth the price it's asking for.

Aaand judging by the people's reaction here and reviews, I'll pass.

• Finished the DLC, it gave me some Origins nostalgia even though the Deep Roads frustrated me at the time (but not as much as the whole Circle's labyrinth part). The story was interesting until the ending, which was very underwhelming for me. The final boss was pretty disapointing too. The difficulty was nicely balanced, it was good to have a little challenge from time to time. Though it felt awfully silent; in the first DLC there were a few new banters and some new convos with freshly introduced or recurring characters, but in this one the companions barely even talk during the cutscenes and you don't get to speak a whole lot with the only two new characters.

In short, Dark Descent isn't necessary if you focus on the story but if you enjoy exploring and side-questing then it can be worth your money. I still prefered The Jaws of Hakkon because it felt much more alive in my opinion.

• Soo a trailer for a new Dragon Age: Inquisiton DLC - Tresspaser got leaked, and boy, does it look good. Looks like this'll finally be a DLC worth getting.

Trailer

It should be available on 8th September.

• What's this? Maybe will finally get a good inquisition dlc.

• I think this might be the first DLC that I will buy. The femInquisitor's speech was so intense and emotional!

• I know right? That speech gave me chills.

I think this might be the first DLC that I will buy. The femInquisitor's speech was so intense and emotional!

• MMMM this new DLC makes me want to finish the game for reals. It sorta reminds me of the Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC, something big will happen in this DLC and it will lead to a new sort of looming threat or conflict in the next Dragon Age game. o

• I don't know about you guys but considering this DLC takes place 2 years after the ending on Inquisition. I'm gonna try and alter my characters apperances is i can, just to kinda show a change over time. Gave my human male mage a proper beard, perm up my female elf rouges hair. Just try and do something that kinda implies, "well yeah they haven't kept the exact same hair style for two years straight".

Oh and on another note:

SOLAS! SOLAS! SOLAS! SOLAS!

• Alix Wilton Regan Is such a good Voice Actor.

• Didn't buy the last DLC, but will definitely get this one. My Inquisitor romanced Solas after all...I have to...

• I wonder if Bull joins the Inquisitor against the Qunaris if he stayed in the Qun...

This DLC looks promising so far!

• edited August 2015

Now officially.

Trailer

There's a tiny change, instead of "bloody world", Inquisitor says "fucking world" at 0:58. :P

• Bloody sounds better IMO.

Now officially. Trailer There's a tiny change, instead of "bloody world", Inquisitor says "fucking world" at 0:58. :P

• So spoilers for the DLC have emerged.

• RIP Inquisitor's arm.

enter image description here

One way to get rid of the mark.

So spoilers for the DLC have emerged.

• Awesome! I have never seen the version with Cole. :)

enter link description here love this video

• yeah I heard this only happens if the Templers's join with you. Once you started Cassandra's quest you must have complete Cole's Forgotten Boy quest, if so then this is the cut scene you will get.

Awesome! I have never seen the version with Cole.

• So how is the dlc? Worth it or nah?

• It's absolutely fantastic, honestly I think that it's better than the main game in some ways. It wraps up things in a lot of ways, tons of questions are answered, some choices regarding companions have some very surprising/different results, etc. Dragon Age 4 is also set up in a BIG way, I can't imagine playing the next way without playing this first. Finally, the final sequence is just fantastic and very emotional actually. So yes, it is VERY much worth the cost. It's pretty short but it has great replay value.

By the way, if you have an elf who romanced Solas, I highly recommend you use her for the first playthrough. Trying not to give anything away, it makes the ending even more emotional.

So how is the dlc? Worth it or nah?

• Welp I guess I know what I'm buying :). Sounds awesome and I do have a playthrough with a female elf that I finished so i will do that first. Might give me an excuse to do another playthrough :3

It's absolutely fantastic, honestly I think that it's better than the main game in some ways. It wraps up things in a lot of ways, tons of q

• Just read some impressions of the dlc and people really seem to like how they concluded some of the romances. Read a few saying this dlc made people like Sera as a character

It's absolutely fantastic, honestly I think that it's better than the main game in some ways. It wraps up things in a lot of ways, tons of q

• I know you can get married to at least two characters, not sure about the rest of the romances.

Just read some impressions of the dlc and people really seem to like how they concluded some of the romances. Read a few saying this dlc made people like Sera as a character

• Yesterday I played the Trespasser DLC, took me around 8 hours to go through it. (imagine my surprise when I found out that the average playtime is ~4 hours) I gotta say it was worth the money. Now I'm excited for the next DA game, but it'll take years to come out I bet. :I

• Probably won't be too long. I think we will get a new one by 2018.

Yesterday I played the Trespasser DLC, took me around 8 hours to go through it. (imagine my surprise when I found out that the average playt

Sure, that's just around the corner.

enter image description here

When does the new Mass Effect come out anyway?

Probably won't be too long. I think we will get a new one by 2018.

• I believe I heard it would be Holiday 2016, but I have a feeling it will be delayed into 2017

2018 Sure, that's just around the corner. When does the new Mass Effect come out anyway?

• I love Trespasser. A good conclusion, resolutions to every companion and a good sequel hook for future Dragon Age game. :)

• Solas romance conclusion.

;_;

enter link description here

• edited September 2015

Only those two.

I know you can get married to at least two characters, not sure about the rest of the romances.

• I'm just glad the Cassandra romance worked out even if she is divine.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.