Dragon Age Fan Thread

Comments

• Soo, what does the ending slides say about Cassandra if she's a divine and in romance with the Inquisitor?

I'm just glad the Cassandra romance worked out even if she is divine.

• GOD I haven't been able to stop listening to the music of this DLC. I can't wait for the soundtrack to be released for this particular one.

Also, the end of that Solas romance.... oh man. Props to Bioware, it turned out to be a wonderful but also heartbreaking romance... Probably their most memorable from any game at this point. He's kinda like the Thane of the Dragon Age romance possibilities.

I'm pumped to play the game all over, but sadly I have to buy an Xbox One to even play this DLC. ;A;

Solas romance conclusion. ... ;_; enter link description here

• Thane? Damn he was such a precious thing how can you compare him to Solas?

Not trying to start anything heated btw,just really curious about that comparison.

GOD I haven't been able to stop listening to the music of this DLC. I can't wait for the soundtrack to be released for this particular one.

• Trespasser is absolutely amazing,worth every cent including the 50% more that was charged for it in my country for hell knows why.

I'm very happy with the ending my Inqui got having a forgiven romanced Blackwall and accepting Sera's offer. My companions outcomes were all grand,I do not regret a thing.

And the new bard songs and soundtrack,shit I have to listen to it properly but might even be better than Inquisition's itself.

• I mean more on the romance spectrum. No doubt Thane was a cinnamon roll to precious for this world.

What I meant was that Thane was a great romance option whom was taken away from us fem Shepards. In the end the romance didn't work out despite it being one of the more heartfelt and endearing ones. The first time I heard him call Shep Siha I instantly ditched my Garrus playthrough to do a Thane one. But no. Thane had to be killed by that mother fucking Cerberus bastard.

And in Inquisition, fem elven players also had their love interests with Solas end rather tragically. I mean, you spend an entire game romancing a dude and what does he do, ditch you! And then becomes the villain! WTF Solas?

So yeah, the comparison is, Thane lovers didn't get a happy ending. Solas lovers didn't get a happy ending. Despite both being good romances.

chsskatze posted: »

Thane? Damn he was such a precious thing how can you compare him to Solas? Not trying to start anything heated btw,just really curious about that comparison.

• edited September 2015

I'm very happy with the ending my Inqui got having a forgiven romanced Blackwall and accepting Sera's offer.

I'm guessing you didn't make him a Warden? Because apparently romanced Warden Blackwall leaves for the Wardens...and the Inquisitor sadly never sees him again.

chsskatze posted: »

Trespasser is absolutely amazing,worth every cent including the 50% more that was charged for it in my country for hell knows why. I'm ve

• GOD I haven't been able to stop listening to the music of this DLC. I can't wait for the soundtrack to be released for this particular one.

The 'final battle' theme too...goosebumps.

enter link description here

Also, the end of that Solas romance.... oh man. Props to Bioware, it turned out to be a wonderful but also heartbreaking romance... Probably their most memorable from any game at this point.

Agreed, it's really heartbreaking and poignant in its way - and it'll make his inevitable antagonist status in the next game(s) very, very interesting.

GOD I haven't been able to stop listening to the music of this DLC. I can't wait for the soundtrack to be released for this particular one.

• Something I found hilarious if you have low approval with Solas.

I love his expression change.

enter image description here

Solas: "I suspect you have questions."

Inquisitor: "Nah."

Solas slightly disapproves.

• No Warden! Sending him to the Wardens would have him killed by either the joining or the calling,and we probably wouldn't have the chance to be together,so I just chose to just not punish him at all. Very glad I did so,I saw the romanced Warden ending and it's heartbreaking.

• Ah I see it now. But you know,at least Thane died too good too pure,but Solas is just "I broke your heart,I didn't really see you as a person before and now I'm gonna destroy this world. But I still love you!"

• Did you hear that? It's the hearts of thousands of Lavellans breaking into a million pieces. Those damn apostates are always so complicated! Besides, the DLC was amazing. That final scene with Solas was heartbreakingly beautiful and I look forward to him being the potential main antagonist in DA4. Although I hope we can redeem somehow him instead of ultimately having to kill him.

Oh, and... who really is Sandal? His propecy turned out to be right until now and if it still goes on, "Magic will come back, all of it. Everyone will be just like they were". Does that mean Solas will suceed in his plan, effectively reforming the link people had with the Fade and magic meaning everyone will be a mage "just like they were" meant to be before the Veil was created? And personally, I don't think "The sky will open wide" refers to the breach in DAI but to the entire Veil being possibly torn down by Solas.

enter link description here

• I love the idea of this sort of ending because in a way it's a sign of the Inqusitions purpose being fulfilled but the inquisitors purpose as newly defined. In terms of a Romanced Solas I find the inner battle of the inquisitor such a curious one, because in the end Solas saw the good in the current world through her. His misconceptions of the races and the world he woke to were proved so wrong when Lavallen turned out to be beyond whatever he expected. But even then, even with that knowledge in his head he can't stray from the path he's set on, because his strive, his goal means so much, and he can't let go of it. It's what makes this ending so powerful, because you don't hate him for it, he is right in some perspectives. He sealed away his people, his amazing and powerful people and woke to him; a world full of tranquil. He has such a powerful strive, such a meaningful purpose and he's trying to do it the right way, even though the outcome means the end of all life in the current world. With Lavallen as a romance, he has a tie, a bond that still makes him sympathize with the world he seeks to cast down, and that's why i disbanded the Inquisiton. In the end the inquisition served it's purpose, and with it gone efforts to track down Solas will be more secure, if at the cost of the effectiveness. In the end this is a story of one womans journey to stop the man he loves from tearing down the world in hopes of a better one. It's such a perfect story to have, and I am happy to now make it my canon storyline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-zN582RXq8

• Indeed...for the first time in the series I actually hope we stick with the same protagonist, at least for another game. Opposing Solas is just going to feel off as an entirely new character - though I suppose they could do multiple PCs.

...lawd, the final conversation with Solas w/ the soundtrack in the background never fails to give goosebumps.

I love the idea of this sort of ending because in a way it's a sign of the Inqusitions purpose being fulfilled but the inquisitors purpose a

• I think it's safe to say that the Inquisitor will be a major character and have a key role in confronting Solas, but I doubt they'll be the protagonist, even though I really wish they will be. I mean, a lot of the Inquisitors can't really do much fighting anymore because of their hand and besides, I think they already confirmed they won't keep the same protagonist twice.

Indeed...for the first time in the series I actually hope we stick with the same protagonist, at least for another game. Opposing Solas is j

• I mean, a lot of the Inquisitors can't really do much fighting anymore because of their hand

Hey, in certain endings he/she gets some pretty slick upgrades. :P

I think it's safe to say that the Inquisitor will be a major character and have a key role in confronting Solas, but I doubt they'll be the

• I love the Solas scene at the end. My inquisitor and Solas are friends. Events will put them at odds and it is clear that neither of them want to fight each other. Also my inquisitor is an elf, it was so interesting to see this clash with the same people with different belief and ideology.

• edited September 2015

Really loving the trials they added to the main game, especially the level scaling one.
    And the new skill upgrades.

Oh, and the golden nug ofcourse.

• Yesterday Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY edition was announced. It releases on October 6, 2015, for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Qsvm_EtkA

More info HERE.

• Should I get back into this game?

• edited September 2015

Definitely a pass for me. Don't get me wrong I love the game and am currently playing it again, but I'm not gonna buy it a second time :P. Besides the only dlc that was really good was the Trespasser dlc. (Hakkon was OK and descent was bleh.)

Pipas posted: »

Yesterday Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY edition was announced. It releases on October 6, 2015, for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Qsvm_EtkA More info HERE.

• Sure, I wouldn't buy the same game twice either. :D

Definitely a pass for me. Don't get me wrong I love the game and am currently playing it again, but I'm not gonna buy it a second time :P. Besides the only dlc that was really good was the Trespasser dlc. (Hakkon was OK and descent was bleh.)

• I actually might pick this up once it's at $30-$40 price range. I own the basic version for the 360 but I recently got a PS4 and I wouldn't mind having it on the current-gen. what do you guys think?

ps. I don't own any of the DLCs yet so i would effectively be paying the price of those and getting the game as a bonus(just one way of thinking).

Pipas posted: »

Yesterday Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY edition was announced. It releases on October 6, 2015, for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Qsvm_EtkA More info HERE.

• edited September 2015

Definitely worth it for Tresspasser alone.

AdamGoodtme posted: »

I actually might pick this up once it's at $30-$40 price range. I own the basic version for the 360 but I recently got a PS4 and I wouldn't

• Thanks.

Definitely worth it for Tresspasser alone.

• That DLC was amazing, definitely worth the $15, glad I played it. It wrapped everything up for me and I'm glad how everything worked out.

• So I'm doing a new playthrough with a female elf inquisitior (again lol because it is the most fulfilling and interesting). Anyways trying to figure out who to romance this time. It's between Iron Bull, Sera, Cullen, or Blackwall. Who should I choose?

• Blackwall and Cullen are the most gentlemanly romance. Despite some...eh...BSM stuff, Iron Bull romance is actually quite emotionally at the end. Sera's romance is confusing in my opinion.

So I'm doing a new playthrough with a female elf inquisitior (again lol because it is the most fulfilling and interesting). Anyways trying

• Lol that's your decision dude. I'm not gonna write a persuasive essay about the game, there's plenty of evidence of how good the game is here.

Skiba7671 posted: »

Should I get back into this game?

• Sera's romance is really sweet, and silly. Also there's a cool quest that involves all your other companions. Just saying this to balance out Dave's comment, lol.

So I'm doing a new playthrough with a female elf inquisitior (again lol because it is the most fulfilling and interesting). Anyways trying

• That's perfectly fine. :)

Healoz posted: »

Sera's romance is really sweet, and silly. Also there's a cool quest that involves all your other companions. Just saying this to balance out Dave's comment, lol.

• I'm in the same position, bought it for ps3 only for them to drop support suddenly.

I'm not going to buy the game again entirely for one dlc unless some cyber monday deals are involved.

I actually might pick this up once it's at $30-$40 price range. I own the basic version for the 360 but I recently got a PS4 and I wouldn't

• Who'd you go with?

• Yeah I still haven't gotten it either. Now that I have Fallout (and later Witcher, Until Dawn and GTAV) I really don't feel the need to pick this up for anything above $30.

Linnet posted: »

I'm in the same position, bought it for ps3 only for them to drop support suddenly. I'm not going to buy the game again entirely for one dlc unless some cyber monday deals are involved.

• Random late post lol, but I eventually decided to do 3 different saves, but I ultimately liked Cullen's romance the best then Sera's

Who'd you go with?

• edited November 2015

Yeah, Cullen's storyline was neat. I also laughed out loud at the Austin Powers style scene where the Inquisitor is putting her boots on.

Random late post lol, but I eventually decided to do 3 different saves, but I ultimately liked Cullen's romance the best then Sera's

• I really miss being hyped for this game.

• There is a scene in the Iron Bull romance that is one of the best in the game IMO. I laughed so freakin hard at Josephine being unable to look away from Bull's exposed junk, and Cullen's snort at Bull's 'actually she's the one who's been taking it' line is pure hilarity. And then there's Cassandra just being disgusted with the whole scenario, obviously. Lol!

Yeah, Cullen's storyline was neat. I also laughed out loud at the Austin Powers style scene where the Inquisitor is putting her boots on.

• Play it again friend! It's re-hypable!

TheFurryOne posted: »

I really miss being hyped for this game.

• edited November 2015

GOTY PC version is $36 on amazon right now. I'm tempted (...and feel like a sucker because of it.)

Yeah I still haven't gotten it either. Now that I have Fallout (and later Witcher, Until Dawn and GTAV) I really don't feel the need to pick this up for anything above $30.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.