The Ending *BIG spoilers*

Comments

• edited December 2014

But they were Ironborn. They were coming after them either way. They weren't his bannermen. To knife a fourteen year old bannerman in the throat, after he sweared fealty I think is a move even Ramsye wouldn't made. He's not a political player in the game, but he knows it well enough that there are some moves that are too far. Theon is far game. Theon is a traitor to the North, no one cares about what happens to him but the Ironborn but after the Red Wedding the Boltons wouldn't be making such a terrible move in the North.

I don't know. I've read the books, watched the show and while Ramsey is a terrible, sick bastard and probably my most hated character, he's shown some small sensibility when dealing with other lords under his banner.

This was beyond the pale of any sort of sense. He had no reason to kill Ethan. Taking a ward, yes but not killing Ethan.

I don't know. I was shocked but not impressed after thinking about it too hard. Plus it bothers me that we didn't have any true choices in this episode that mattered.

• Ah I wouldn't say that. The walking dead has the shock of Carley dying. It has potential, but Telltale just has to live up to it now.

eRock92 posted: »

This one episode, especially with the shock of Ethan's death, just made all of The Walking Dead Game look like a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party...

• Oh come on. Kenny's got his heart in the right place. Ramsey's heart is in a dark corner filled with spiders and scorpions

Rockworm posted: »

Ramsey is the new Kenny. No matter how much you try to be peace keeper he's still a piece of shit. I bent my knee to him, I offered the wood to him, I played nice and he still kills Ethan.

• edited December 2014

You know, that Telltale has already planned multiple seasons of Game of Thrones. This season's going to take us right up to season 5. There's still hope that we get to do it in season 2 :)

WalkerHH93 posted: »

And the worst thing is: Ramsay is still alive by the end of season 4 that means we wont get our revenge on him. Seems like Ramsay won.. again..

• Iron from Ice!

Heh, Telltale kinda timed it right. It is winter now and it is so damn cold where I am. I hope by the time of spring or summer, House Forrester will prevail. Iron from Ice, we will grow stronger from this.

• Depending on how they play it out, I think Asher could be a new batman character.

Clord posted: »

I find this villain rather interesting but it kind of feels that story already lost its "Batman" character. Yes, the villain reminds me of the Joker.

• we always get the bad guys

Like Lilly?

This is Telltale were talking about, we always get the Bad guys. I agree the Show still has to follow the TV show canon, but I'm pretty damn

• Probably the only one of those I'd end up doing is watching it with him, but he's not like a huge fan of the show, so I don't know if he'd really watch it all again just for me.

Pst! Online video services! Or you could read the books. Or have you friend tell you how he watches it. Or watch it with him.

• edited December 2014

I would be satisfied with just hurting Ramsay slightly, but I understand that I can't kill him cause canon.

I agree with you that the Whitehills will likely be the primary targets of our wrath, and I am fine with that... so long as I get to kill them all. Ludd, his son, his daughter... his squires, his soldiers... servants, heck, if you muck the stables for the Whitehills, I hope we get to go after them.

I will be satisfied so long as we can turn the Whitehills red.

I suspect that Ramsey will NOT be seen again in the game and was more akin to a "Special Walk on Enemy" and that we will instead have the Wh

• I was really enjoying working my Lord Ethan character to be just like his father and Eddard Stark only to be butchered in the first episode. DAMN YOU TELLTALES, definitely GoT style I loved it.

• I like to look at things long term. That's why I chose Duncan. Royland leading will be very interesting. XD

JakeSt123 posted: »

I feel like I've made a huge mistake in picking Royland if he's to lead. Playing as Ethan I could keep him reined in but now there's no one to control him O_O

• i'm guessing you haven't seen any episodes of game of thrones or any ramsay scenes outside of the game because he is nothing like kenny at all

Rockworm posted: »

Ramsey is the new Kenny. No matter how much you try to be peace keeper he's still a piece of shit. I bent my knee to him, I offered the wood to him, I played nice and he still kills Ethan.

• edited December 2014

We still have a chance to kill him in Game of Thrones Season 2 since that's caught up with the TV series. Maybe HBO won't pull a Robert Kirkman and give us the honor of killing him.

• edited December 2014

It was just a figure of speech. Kenny isn't full on evil like Ramsay clearly is. I can only go by the books and there is no mention of Ramsay and I am much further than where the game is.

Edit: He is in the books but very early on and much more minor than the show.

Jewfreeus posted: »

i'm guessing you haven't seen any episodes of game of thrones or any ramsay scenes outside of the game because he is nothing like kenny at all

• What about what Ramsay did to Lady Hornwood in the books?

If you've forgotten and for those who don't know, Lady Hornwood's husband and son died in the early battles of Robb's campaign, leaving House Hornwood without an heir. While other Houses are vying to marry Lady Hornwood, securing her lands for their Houses, Ramsay amassed a force and attacked her keep. He forced her to marry him, proclaims himself Lord Hornwood, rapes her and then locks her in her quarters to starve to death. And that was all in the second book, long before the Red Wedding, before Theon even captured Winterfell.

So yeah, killing the young Lord Forrester in his hall like that isn't any stretch of the imagination for Ramsay.

Ramsay Snow is a psycho, plain and simple.

XtremeOne1 posted: »

I'm disappointed by the ending. Yeah Ethan was my favorite of the three but it also felt like too much of a shock without really really into

• Poor Lady Hornwood - ate her own fingers. :(

What about what Ramsay did to Lady Hornwood in the books? If you've forgotten and for those who don't know, Lady Hornwood's husband and s

• Not really HBO's call, but considering all the changes they've made to what I would have initially thought was canon, maybe Telltale will allow us some pleasure. Will settle for murdering Lord Whitehill all the same.

We still have a chance to kill him in Game of Thrones Season 2 since that's caught up with the TV series. Maybe HBO won't pull a Robert Kirkman and give us the honor of killing him.

• The ending didn't make much sense to me. Ramsay was able to just march all of his soldiers in despite the closed gate, casually murder a lord, and walk out with zero resistance.

I don't know... I found it frustrating.

• I can't wait till Asher shows up and beats some ass

• Yeah, that's why they've introduced so many new characters. The characters from the books/show are probably not going to be featured that heavily in this game, because it would mess with the canon.

Whitehills are the real bad guys of this game, not Ramsay. Ramsay is probably going back to the dreadfort to torture Reek some more.

killerrj8 posted: »

Yup and that is exactly, what I hate about this. You can be almost 100% sure that u won't be able to kill some of the characters.

• edited December 2014

Regarding choices mattering, this was episode 1. You can bet Ethan's death sets up the rest of the season. If he didn't die, it would lead to divergent stories (majorly). Add in game changing decisions every episode and it soon becomes unwieldy and impossible for Telltale to manage in the timeframe they have for each episode. So, I think expecting choices to lead to divergent outcomes (or matter as you put it) in the 1st episode is a bit out of line on your part.

That said, however, it is par for the course for decisions to only alter minor dialog, relationships and lead to minor scene changes (also immediate scene changes). The broad story arc always remains the same.

Now then, I actually disagree about choices not mattering in the 1st episode. At least when I compare the game to Walking Dead and Wolf. Your actions are referenced throughout the episode, like whether you promised Talia you'd try not to change, your choice at King's Landing if you ask Margaery for help is referenced at Ironrath. And you get hints at what happened to Margaery if you do.

This leads me to the next episode preview. Who you chose as sentinel is shown mentioning that he was chosen. I believe whether or not you chose to trust Tyrion and ask him for help determines whether he appears in the preview as well, or what he says? Then there's Malcolm. If you chose to send him after Asher, he'll appear beside Asher in the preview. I assume he doesn't if you didn't send him?

So yes, I think we're on the right track when it comes choices mattering more. And again, the broad story arc might remain the same, which it needs to do, but there seem to be quite a few minor differences throughout episode 1 and episode 2. I'm looking forward to this now from a choice perspective.

I'm disappointed by the ending. Yeah Ethan was my favorite of the three but it also felt like too much of a shock without really really into

• edited December 2014

The first time,I choose diplomacy and I got shocked in the end.I wonder if there's any choice wrong.
    So the second time I choose to fight,but things not gone well,then I choose meet Ramsey at the gate,but he still get in the hall and the same ending.
    I realized that Ethan will still gonna die in the end , so I choose the royal way I thought in my third time.(to be"Ethan The Brave")

• No, it will happen. I even played that ending it 2/3 times... The only thing that will change is your name when joure dead.brave, wise.

Capsr posted: »

i stayed silent there and the stab still happened, so I dont think theres any way to avoid that one

• I'm fairly sure Ramsay probably had orders from Roose to do everything he did in the hall anyway.

Killing a family member as an example, leaving a garrison, and taking a royal hostage is way-way too subdued for Ramsay.

This was all planned by Roose, mark my words.

Really, he was positively MERCIFUL by comparison to how he usually is.

• Oh God, I forgot about that. I remember what Ramsay did to Theon/Reek, but I forgot about all the twisted crap he pulled before he was even a supporting character in the series. If anything he makes Joffrey look docile by comparison. The moment Ramsay started moving towards the rest of the Forresters I immediately regretted meeting him in the main hall, but I guess it didn't matter... Ethan is dead either way

What about what Ramsay did to Lady Hornwood in the books? If you've forgotten and for those who don't know, Lady Hornwood's husband and s

• Well, Sansa is trying not to get murdered.

Mira, however, can be a complete boss in manipulation. The trick is to remember everything she says is utterly insincere (if you want it to be).

Barthanax posted: »

My question is WHY Ethan? Why couldn't we have had the others be killed (the girl or the squire) because really they aren't do too much. Gar

• I'm still holding out hope that Theon gets to be the one to kill him on the show/in the books

• This was actually merciful by Ramsay's usual standards, believe it or not. If he was given free reign he would have torched the entire place and raped and flayed everyone/flayed and then raped the corpses

Mikejames posted: »

The ending didn't make much sense to me. Ramsay was able to just march all of his soldiers in despite the closed gate, casually murder a lord, and walk out with zero resistance. I don't know... I found it frustrating.

• I agree with that you are saying. Ramsey's action of killing Ethan and taking Ryon leaves the Forrester with no lords to lead them and much more weaker and vulnerable position.

• edited December 2014

if anything he will die in the show either way it is up to g.r.r.m not hbo or telltale

• Yeah, this was probably all to Roose's orders.

As for why he could do all that, the Foresters are on the losing end of a war. They have NO protection.

This was actually merciful by Ramsay's usual standards, believe it or not. If he was given free reign he would have torched the entire place and raped and flayed everyone/flayed and then raped the corpses

• yeah, they have the heir to the family as a hostage and soldiers in the keep.

It's also a nice way to keep the Whitehills in check.

I agree with that you are saying. Ramsey's action of killing Ethan and taking Ryon leaves the Forrester with no lords to lead them and much more weaker and vulnerable position.

• edited December 2014

"There are those who will fight for us. Those who hold house Forrester above all other loyalties." It's just a fun little line, seems like they do infact have an ace up their sleeve, it's just that they've been saving it for desperate times.

Yeah, this was probably all to Roose's orders. As for why he could do all that, the Foresters are on the losing end of a war. They have NO protection.

• Yeah it also bothers me that Ramsey was even capable of getting his soldiers into the castle even though I only allowed him and Lord Whitehill to enter. If they had stormed the gate we would have heard battle noises and I don´t think that either the Ser or the Castellan would have betrayed the house and opened the gate for them. I hope there will be a plausible explanation in the next episode.

Mikejames posted: »

The ending didn't make much sense to me. Ramsay was able to just march all of his soldiers in despite the closed gate, casually murder a lord, and walk out with zero resistance. I don't know... I found it frustrating.

• edited December 2014

I guess it was Ramsays plan all along to kind of go Rains of Castamere on house Forrester since the Whitehills are the far better ally by now. Don´t forget that Bolton soldiers laid Forrester land to waste killing Gared´s family. Also it´s not like the Forresters had many soldiers or even people left, after all we heard and saw I´d guess there are about 20-30 (soldiers and peasants) which is not threatening or important in any way to Ramsay. He could have torched the whole castle and skinned everyone alive, nobody would care. It really does make sense to wipe a family out that was loyal to the Starks for centuries and replace them with their own banner men considering that the Forresters are now as weak as never before even though killing a lord is a big deal. For me the ending was fine and made sense except for the fact that Ramsey got his soldiers into the castle in the first place since I only allowed him and Lord Whitehill to enter and we heard no battle noises. There must be a traitor who opened the gates but who? Hope there is a plausible explanation in the next episode.

• I kinda doubt it.. It would be poetic justice for sure, but Theon is completely broken. Talk about Stockholm syndrome... to the extreme.

I'm still holding out hope that Theon gets to be the one to kill him on the show/in the books

• edited December 2014

If we heard a violent struggle, it'd be one thing. But Ramsay's garrison was locked outside, and guards sworn to protect Ethan made no apparent movement against him.

It would have made more sense to me if we had done something like being driven to meet Ramsay in his own homestead to negotiate instead, only to be betrayed in a place we had no control over. Instead, Ramsay was able to walk in the middle of someone else's household and declare himself our enemy without any threat of harm. I realize everyone's supposed to be afraid of him, but he shouldn't be treated like he's completely invincible (even if the canon makes him so...).

This was actually merciful by Ramsay's usual standards, believe it or not. If he was given free reign he would have torched the entire place and raped and flayed everyone/flayed and then raped the corpses

• I was trying to be diplomatic, so I even let him reach for my sister, stayed quiet as to not provoke any agression from Ramsey, and still got stabbed xD

Arrowtic posted: »

I played it as a real craven ! I let him in my halls and even knelt(for my family) , but when he reached for the girl , I lost it , grabbed her , and died ! Now I really regret that kneeling ! Did anyone else kneel/try to be nice to ramsay too ?

• Got to love how Ramsay declines the bread and salt here, just so he can pull this kind of shit :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.