Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac, PS3/4 NA Feb 3 - XBox One/360 PS3/4 EU Feb 4 - iOS Feb 5

OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
edited September 2016 in Game Of Thrones

Alt text

Launch Trailer

First Look Trailer

Release Dates:

• PC/Mac - February 3rd
  • PS4/PS3 NA - February 3rd
  • PS4/PS3 EU - February 4th
  • Xbox One - February 4th
  • Xbox 360 - February 4th
  • iOS - February 5th
  • Android - February 5th
  • Kindle - February 17th

News:

Update: February 1st

Update: January 21st

Update: January 19th, 2015

Update: December 23rd, 2014

Update: December 9th, 2014

Update: Release Date for PS3/PS4 EU - Feb 4th

Also, remember that the first rule of the Forum Guidelines is respect. This includes not just forum users and moderators, but Telltale staff as well. Please don't insult or antagonize anyone, including Telltale staff, for what they post, either on these forums, on the Telltale blog, on the Telltale facebook page, on twitter, or elsewhere. The Telltale Terms of Use prohibits behavior that harasses or advocates harassment of another person. We want these forums to be fun to visit for everyone, staff and gamers alike. Thanks. :)

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Alt text

• edited December 2014

January 27th or February 3rd 2015 is my guess

• Yay I was waiting for this thread :D. Anyways it appears based off the trailer for next on game of Thrones that we will be meeting Jon Snow. I wonder/hope they got Kit Harrington to voice him :3

• edited December 2014

Bah ignore this comment got.messed up :P

• I like that they got the original actors to voice them. Makes it all the more easier to take them seriously. :)

Yay I was waiting for this thread . Anyways it appears based off the trailer for next on game of Thrones that we will be meeting Jon Snow. I wonder/hope they got Kit Harrington to voice him

• aha! reserved this comment for future use.

• im new to playing telltale games live, I usually buy the full season when they end, is the waiting time really 5 to 8 weeks between episodes???

• GODDAMN IT

THE ENDING FOR EPISODE 1 DOESN'T MAKE THIS WAIT ANY EASIER.

• Around 2 months between episodes as history has shown

webz23 posted: »

im new to playing telltale games live, I usually buy the full season when they end, is the waiting time really 5 to 8 weeks between episodes???

• Another long death march to the next episode...

• Early February seems right for episode 2 :P

• I'd guess that date for Tales

Green613 posted: »

Early February seems right for episode 2 :P

• the FAQ says it will be between 4-6 weeks between the episodes ;)

webz23 posted: »

im new to playing telltale games live, I usually buy the full season when they end, is the waiting time really 5 to 8 weeks between episodes???

• they always say that, but barely ever deliver in promised time. The average waiting time in TWDS1, S2, and the wolf among us were 61 days. That's >8.7 weeks.

Source:
    TWD S1
    April 24 2012 > 2m, 5 days (66 days)
    June 29 2012 > 1m, 30 days (60 days)
    August 28 2012 > 1m, 12 days (43 days)
    October 10 2012 > 1m, 11 days (42 days)
    November 21 2012 = 52.75 avg. days

TWD S2
    December 17 2013 > 2m, 15days (77 days)
    March 4 2014 > 2m, 9 days (70 days)
    May 13 2014 > 2m, 9 days (70 days)
    July 22 2014 > 1m, 4 days (35 days)
    August 26 2014 = 63 avg. days

TWAU
    October 11 2013 > 3m, 24 days (116 days)
    February 4 2014 > 2m, 4 days (63 days)
    April 8 2014 > 1m, 19 days (49 days)
    May 27 2014 > 1m, 11 days (42 days)
    July 8 2014 = 67.5 avg days

total avg of all 3 = 61.08 days

the FAQ says it will be between 4-6 weeks between the episodes

• To the developers that episode was great, you nailed the world as both cruel and the hope involved, please take your time... game of thrones fans are no strangers to waiting I'd rather wait twice as long if the episode is good

Oh and if you become the first game to actually have choices do.... anything that would be even better

• Nah, after what I saw last year with TWAU and TWD I doubt we'll be seeing the next Tales any later than Mid January, and actually I think there's a decent chance we'll see it before the end of December. The gap between the first and second episodes of TWAU was a fluke and it was pretty clear once they got their act together they were more than capable of alternating on a monthly basis.

Crips posted: »

I'd guess that date for Tales

• Ah, ok. I didn't know that they always tell you that :/
    I wonder why do they always need more time than approximated?

dubesor posted: »

they always say that, but barely ever deliver in promised time. The average waiting time in TWDS1, S2, and the wolf among us were 61 days. T

• Ooooooh. Wait, he said ''February'' and I thought he meant January.

I take it back, it's possible.

udc24 posted: »

Nah, after what I saw last year with TWAU and TWD I doubt we'll be seeing the next Tales any later than Mid January, and actually I think th

• That was an awesome episode. I can't wait for the next and this really has the potential to become my favorite Telltale series, Can't wait for episode 2!

Time to play the waiting game... again

• That cliffhanger in Episode 1 was really intense. I really want to see how they follow through that in Episode 2.

• Can't wait for the fifth protagonist I'm thinking I know who it it is!

• Rodrik's Return!

Alt text

• I'm probably dumb for getting my hopes up, but the preview for Episode 2 actually looks like the final product. With TWD previews and TWAU previews, you already saw that the preview did not represent the finished game at all from the graphics alone. This, however, looks pretty far along the way. I have noticed this 'Upgrade' for TftB aswell. I might be mistaken, but it actually looks like a preview of something that will happen.

For me, it looks like Episode 2 might be nearer than we think...let's hope so.

• No, it will not be Luke Skywalker.

Churned posted: »

Can't wait for the fifth protagonist I'm thinking I know who it it is!

• Hey folks,

Is there a chance that we may see some switching between TFTB and GOT? I mean, GOT has one episode more and started later. I doubt Telltale would release the last TFTB, and then leave two GOT episodes.

If we follow the way things are, TFTB in early to mid Feb, and GOT late Feb to early March.

• It probably will leave last two GoT episodes and we might start hearing some news for TWD S3.

himmatsj posted: »

Hey folks, Is there a chance that we may see some switching between TFTB and GOT? I mean, GOT has one episode more and started later. I d

• They actually did that with TWD S2 though, so it's possible. Amid the Ruins and No Going Back released both in a row one month apart.

himmatsj posted: »

Hey folks, Is there a chance that we may see some switching between TFTB and GOT? I mean, GOT has one episode more and started later. I d

• Alt text

No, it will not be Luke Skywalker.

• I deny your request.

Bah ignore this comment got.messed up :P

• The name of this episode is "The Lost Lords", btw.

• That was because it was the finale. Cry Wolf and In Sheep's Clothing were only about a month apart, and same thing with Long Road Ahead and No Time Left.

Green613 posted: »

They actually did that with TWD S2 though, so it's possible. Amid the Ruins and No Going Back released both in a row one month apart.

• edited December 2014

Wow, thanks! How did you find out? Did you look in the game files?

And can you post the other Episode's names please? If you can.

• edited December 2014

Not sure if these are the names but it seems that way.

• Episode 1: Iron from Ice

• Episode 2: The Lost Lords

• Episode 3: The Sword in the Darkness

• Episode 4: Sons of Winter

• Episode 5: A Nest of Vipers

• Episode 6: The Ice Dragon

Source: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2014/12/02/telltale-game-of-thrones-episode-2-release-date.htm

Wow, thanks! How did you find out? Did you look in the game files? And can you post the other Episode's names please? If you can.

How did you find those?

• I guess the Playstation version had them somewhere in their database. Even the achievements for episode 2 are there.

Thanks How did you find those?

• Yup they are in ps version at the section "Episodes".

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I guess the Playstation version had them somewhere in their database. Even the achievements for episode 2 are there.

• My favourite waiting game has reached GoT, how nice is that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.