Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Yeah; I think you did like two pages and that was it. :3 Its nice to see you participate. These are fun.

Well, that sentence made no sense. xD But your stories do; they have improved ten times over and I'm enjoying this collaboration. Lyla's story was huge before but now with Robert thrown into the mix, its added a little bit more for me to use and add to the Porgie Clan. :)

I adore Robert and RJ. <3

JJwolf posted: »

I tried the october challenge but it didn't come out how I wanted. I'm glad you like it so far. At times I think my story wither is all ove

• It's sweet to see them all getting on so cordially! Gren is just a real class act all the way through this - and the line about Georgie eating the roast! xD I admire Robert's well thought out colour scheme for Super Smash Bros.; and what is it with children and rhyming words about them? Such as 'Rosie Posie' and 'toasty roasty'. I'm not complaining though - heck, I do it when talking to my dog. xD

Christmas Challenge Lyla pulled up to the tiny two bedroom apartment in the Bronx downtown area. She pulled off into the parking lot as s

• Got to agree with the quote Pie picked out, it makes all this so very bitter-sweet. :/ Robert must never have really felt this sort of love before, and to feel it for Lyla is saddening when we know what will happen. Wherever you go with Robert, JJ, I hope you leave him some place nice in the end. :)

Thinking of trying out some 'Far Cry 4' myself, though I almost typed 'Fry Cry'. xD

Robert and Lyla endulged in the various flavors sitting before them. Lyla was right about the Spider roll; it was full of flavor, spicy towa

• I always wanted Robert and Lyla to get along, no matter the outcome just because RJ is involved. LOL I didn't notice the color scheme for Robert's gift. XD That's too cool! See how my brain works these days? :D

Ah yes. The rhyming: I GUESS Rosie Posie is a nickname that Gren and alot of Rosie's family members like to say according to Pie's stories; Robert saying 'toasty roasty' is Robert, well, being a dork. XD

heck, I do it when talking to my dog. xD

cough Pie does this cough

LupineNoir posted: »

It's sweet to see them all getting on so cordially! Gren is just a real class act all the way through this - and the line about Georgie eati

• Wow, William really is a smug git. I'm very curious about what the vines mean, and conclude that they cannot be a good thing. Though, that's fairly obvious given the circumstances. Still, hopefully it's nothing permanent!

EMMYPESS posted: »

The morning hit Therese like a train. She felt completely disoriented, every inch of her body burning and aching with every move. She reluct

• Robert will indeed get his happy ending and sadly, he never had love like he had with Lyla; the intense feeling and connection towards her is like a drug addict desperatly needing another hit. That's the best way I can describe the feelings and desire.

XD I was not thinking when I typed that. Looking at it now, sounds like something Spongebob would have in an episode. :P

Got to agree with the quote Pie picked out, it makes all this so very bitter-sweet. Robert must never have really felt this sort of love be

• I'm enough to tell you this Pie: When it comes to the, um, 'love' scene, I'm not going to hold back. :P We are ALL adults here and I'm pretty sure we can handle a little love scene. You know....if you liked THIS description. XD

ANNNNNND, yes-I TOO see him like that everytime! XD -hugs back-

pudding_pie posted: »

Lyla wrapped her arms around Robert's neck, as he felt his hands slip down her side and cup her buttocks. She giggled, as Lyla thrusts her l

• If I were younger I would so be packing my bags for Canada right now. But if I were younger, I wouldn't be flying by myself - your glorious description is so magical it's confused me. Really, though, out of all the places we've been on this thread, this North Pole has got to be one of the nicest. :) Just don't let Gren near the reindeer! Goodness knows what would happen.

Christmas Challenge Georgie should have known better than to let Gren, the alcoholic monster of Fabletown, drive them down the path to Ch

• In a way, seeing what things are like between them in the future (presuming this is the future after what's currently happening between Robert and Lyla), and knowing how things were in the past between them, the current (again, the bit with Robert, Lyla and Rose) doesn't seem quite so bad. Which is nice, because otherwise you'd worry things wouldn't turn out so great!

I imagine dogs probably think humans are quite silly, and wish we'd just speak to them normally. xD At the very least, that is an amusing fact about Pie. :P

I always wanted Robert and Lyla to get along, no matter the outcome just because RJ is involved. LOL I didn't notice the color scheme for Ro

• The passion positively drips off the page when you write about Robert with Lyla - it's very well written! Robert is a very interesting character to read about, and I can't help but wonder just what's going to happen whenever you post something new! I still remember bits from your last one, but I am enjoying this much more. :) And I'm glad you're having fun writing it! :D

Robert's smile faded when he noticed Lyla checking the time on her phone. Like she was, he too was worried they would catch on and send the

• edited December 2014

Chapter 7 – The Duality of Man

My eyes open over the course of a few seconds, every millimeter pushed open an arduous task. From a slumped position on the floor I can see the splintered hole in the wall before me, where moments ago I came crashing though. It's a ghastly window to the scene out on the street: in the lamp-light from the dog cart I can see the bloodied carcass of the horse and the wolf-man standing atop it, snout pointed upwards, sniffing the air. He's searching for me.

Move, Jekyll.

I hear the voice in my head, but I do not know if it is my own; still, I obey, yet upon doing so am struck by the intense pain from the shredded nerves in my chest where teeth have plunged. There's a shooting pain from my left shoulder, too, and I conclude that it is dislocated. I remain slumped, and my eyes close again.

Jekyll, move, damn you!

No, it is not my voice. It is Edward Hyde's; and with it comes a panic and pain-numbing dose of adrenaline.

"Leave me be, Hyde," I attempt to say, or more accurately think the words as if addressing an unwanted visitor to my office, however I'm sure my anxiety is audible. The entire conversation occurs in my head. "If I am to die I do not wish to do so with you."

"You're never without me, Jekyll. And* I * will not die here." Now that I know it is he, the voice takes on the gritty quality with which he speaks, yet retains the Irish accent of my own.

For a few seconds there is no reply and I dare let myself allow relief to start washing over me, when I feel twinges in my right hand. It twitches, spasms, as if injected with life for the first time and is being tested to see how it works; my right arm then beings similar motions and I'm shocked by the realization that my limbs are slowly slipping out of my control - and into that of Hyde's. The arm starts to lift itself over to my left and with my eyes open wide I am horror-struck as the right hand grabs onto my upper left arm and rams the shoulder back into it's socket. I yell out in pain.

"Leave me Hyde, you bastard! Leave me!" There is a sorrow and tears in my internal shouting; I cannot let him return to life! And so I think feverishly of what might give me the strength to subdue him, to put him at bay, and I remember Dixa: her enchanting eyes, beautiful skin, soft silken hair. She is how I put him down so many years ago - she gave me the strength I needed to put Hyde in a box and lock him away.

"And now she's dead, Jekyll." There is a deliberately ill-concealed menace in his words. "You saw her in the weasel's arms - she's never going to move again."

My heart swells with sorrow; is it true?

No, it cannot be true,* I tell myself, *I have to believe she is alive!

“Fool! She is dead, you pathetic wretch! You cannot be your own man without her and now she is gone! Dead! Her carcass will rot in the ground while you shrivel like the pitiful wretch you are, and I am given the freedom that is mine!”

“No!” This I shout aloud. “I'll never let you take control!” The pain is excruciating but I ignore it, grit my teeth, and push myself up onto my feet.

“WOLF!” I cry. “WOLF!” I stumble to the hole in the wooden wall and see the wolf-man glaring at me from next to the cart. He puts a foot forward, deliberating whether or not I have devised some trap and am luring him in, but he must smell so much of my blood that he knows I have not the strength to live much longer and decides it is safe. He lowers his front arms, or legs; and, with a howl, pounds towards me.

I watch him come, my eyes suddenly keen despite the darkness; I stare my death in it's taught, blood and saliva soaked face, with eyes of crimson amber and vicious pointed teeth. Hyde is put back by my suicidal drive and I stand alone.

Then something unexpected happens: the sun comes out.

In a blinding flash of light the darkness of the sky is rent asunder by a white burst, and I shield my eyes instinctively with my right arm. I force myself to look up again with a crazed hope that the wolf is still coming, but he has stopped! Worse, he is on the ground, twisting and writhing as he had done when first he transformed, his grotesque movements accompanied by the same wailing and constricted cries. I lose hope, and then I go dark.

The conclusion I come to when next I see out of my own eyes is that Hyde has taken over. I can see my feet shuffling along cobblestones, but I cannot feel them, and know that they are not my feet anymore. Where is he going?

Another period of time goes by and next I know I have eyes looking up at my own house. The green front door is opened by my arms and we proceed slowly - a few times the legs give way on the tiled floor, mostly when I fade, and the arms must grab onto door handles and tables to regain a walking position, but eventually the door that opens to the garden is pulled in by it's silver handle and before my eyes is the patch of green grass that constitutes the garden, around which shrubs and bushes grow. It's beautiful in the summer, but now a fog seems to hide much of it.

I know why Hyde has come here, because here is where Hyde's body is kept. Not a physical vessel but a liquid potion, buried deep in the earth.

”Hyde. Why can you not leave me be?”

“Because I do not wish either of us to die, Jekyll.”

“But I have no will to live.”

“And that is why I must save us both. The transformation of your body into my will save you from the injuries.”

There is silence as the legs make their way to a spot a little over to the left, and the right arm starts thrusting into the wet earth with a knife; Hyde must have taken it from the house without my seeing.

“Even during death you are trying to save your own skin, Edward. Don't pretend your concern for saving me is founded upon anything other than the loss of your own life.”

“You've tried to kill us before, Henry. Can you blame me?”

“You're a murderer. You're worse than a murderer – you're a crazed beast.” Hyde laughs after I say that, and still digs with the knife.

“How can you say such a thing when we are one and the same, Harry? Two sides of the same coin and all that.”

“No. No, no, no!” Oh, Dixa, my love. The pitiful state I inhabit truly is pathetic, and I am glad you will never see me fall so low again.

“Accept it, Henry!” Anger. “I am you! The face may change, the body may transform and I may speak with a different voice, but I act on the very lusts you would deny yourself. I am the unbound personification of you, Henry Jekyll, and I would not exist without you!”

It is true. I created a potion that would change me, so Henry Jekyll could remain the upstanding surgeon and scientist, while Edward Hyde could engage the urges I'd deny. One quantity and I'd be Hyde, take another and I'd return to Jekyll, return to myself. But it worked too well, and Edward Hyde soon become the dominant person while Henry Jekyll was suppressed.

The knife hits solid wood; both hands scrabble in the dirt, clawing chunks away to show the small chest I'd kept. Why did I keep it? Perhaps I had envisaged a time when Hyde could be helpful, could be tamed so his abilities might be used for more than self-gratification, but is that true? Or was it just temptation.

A mud-clad hand puts the rusty key from my jacket into the hole on the pad lock; there's a few attempts to get it to turn, but it soon does, and unlocks. Throwing the lock to the side, hands raise the lid and I can sense the eagerness with which the eyes gaze upon the powders and vials of red tincture stopped with tightly fastened hinged lids.

Knowing the procedure by heart he added the correct amount of crystallised powder to one of the glass vials; the mixture, which was at first a reddish hue, began, in proportion as the crystals melted, to brighten in colour, to effervesce audibly, and to throw off small fumes of vapour. Suddenly and at the same moment, the ebulation ceased and the compound changed to a dark purple, which faded again more slowly to a watery green.

The arms raised the vial to the lips. The lips felt the liquid, the tongue aware of it sliding over, and the throat swallowed.

Not too sure about this one. I really seem to be quite useless at effective story-planning, in terms of length and so forth, so perhaps I'll try and cut bits out in order to wrap things up. But then it might seem rushed. And I worry my writing isn't as good as it was. Oh, well - guess it's just one of those times!

Curious bit of information: the description of the potion is a quote from the book by Robert Louis Stevenson, who created Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Any questions, let me know!

• I can see it now, the little porgies tearing down every piece of candy cane and gingerbread they find..;p

Christmas Challenge Georgie should have known better than to let Gren, the alcoholic monster of Fabletown, drive them down the path to Ch

• Wow this was a very dark chapter!

Especially when described the scene with the wolf.

I watch him come, my eyes suddenly keen despite the darkness; I stare my death in it's taught, blood and saliva soaked face, with eyes of crimson amber and vicious pointed teeth. Hyde is put back by my suicidal drive and I stand alone.

Chapter 7 – The Duality of Man My eyes open over the course of a few seconds, every millimeter pushed open an arduous task. From a slumpe

• edited December 2014

A VERY DRAGON CHRISTMAS!

On a very cold and dark winter night, Viera tucks her young son Marcello into bed. She kisses him goodnight and is off to be herself. As the wind begins to blow snow against the windows and roof. A voice can be heard outside of the window.

Marcello gets up and checks on it and sees nothing but the snow and ice continue to fall to the earth. He turns around and goes back to his bad then sudden a small elf appears on his cabinet, startling the young dragon. He tries to run out of the run and cry for his parents when the elf catches him and places his hands of his mouth preventing him from screaming.

"Calm down dammit! I'm not hear to hurt you, I need your help. The North Pole is in trouble!" The elf as he gently releases Marcello.

As Marcello catches his breath he ask the elf if Santa is danger and the elf gracefully nods and explains to the young Dragon that the North Pole is being held by evil Gingerbread men and they have the whole place on lockdown. Not only Santa is in danger but Christmas as well, so Marcello immediately gets dressed and demands the elf to take him to the North Pole.

Using his magic the elf calls forth two magical Reindeers to take them to the North Pole quickly. As the two travel, Marcello ask the tiny elf for his name and the elf replies " Fred" in a grumpy manner.

It eventually stops snowing, and Marcello notices the bright light coming from a well decorated building that is surrounded by a wasteland of snow. The duo finally arrived at the North Pole and noticed the large group of gingerbread men holding a meeting outside the doors of Santa's Workshop.

Alt text

"Hold on dragon, there they are. And it looks like they got to all my pal as well" Fred as he stops Marcello, then looks around and noticed a strange penguin hanging out with other Penguins.

"Alright dragon, follow me. I think we found some back up."

"Did'nt I already tell you my name?" Marcello correcting Fred.

Upon arriving at the area where the Penguins are hanging out, the big Penguin walks over and greets Fred. The two discuss something while Marcellos tries to eavesdrops on in, but Fred turns around and takes Marcellos hand and tells him "Alright kid, we're going to take back the North Pole, but first we are going to do some quick training first."

"Training? Hah, I'm already prepared!" Marcello as he transforms into his dragon form startling penguins.

"Holy Shi- ...Fred I thought you were joking when you said he was a dragon! We want to save the North Pole, not melt it!" The big penguin as he picks up Fred.

"Calm... DOWN.. Bob. This is the right kind of fire power well need. Those Gingerbread men WON'T know what hit them before it is too late. They picked the wrong time to capture the North Pole, especially when Christmas is a day away."

"Well Fred, just warn us... Some of us..aren't comfortable around Dragons.."

"Sure.. Ok kid, let's see what you are made of, follow us."

Marcello followed Bob the Penguin and Fred to a small valley out of sight from the Gingerbread Men. Using his magic, Fred summons up a large group of Snowmen and tells Marcello to destroy them.

"Uhh, you want me to fight Snowmen?" Marcello asking

"Magic Snowmen, destroy them if you can.."

Marcelo fires a fireball at the group of snowmen but they aren't harmed not a scratch. He tries again, and again.. and begins to get frustrated.

"It's like watching those creatures the Mundanes call pokemon fight... That is what they are called right?" Bob to Fred, and as Fred turn back towards Marcello he noticed all the magical Snowmen completely destroyed. Marcello is sitting on a rock eating a Candy cane while waiting for Fred's response.

"Well... I guest it's time to kill some Gingerbread Men now. We have our ultimate weapon now..."

To be continued

• Captured. The group was only able to get a few hundred feet, until both Adam and Mary were picked up by the ogre's mighty hands. Reynard had changed into a fox, his tail whipping in the wind as he got as far away as possible. That didn't work, either. He was eventually cornered, and despite his mad negotiating skills, the ogres were apparently JUST smart enough to realize he was trying to trick them.

"We got orders from tha boss," An exceptionally green ogre explained. "Can't be listenin' to tha clev'r tricks of a fox-boy, now, can we?"

Reynard changed back to a human, barely given enough time to gather the clothes he tore off, and was placed in a metal cage along with his friends.

"You tried," Mary said. "Effort counts. But, not in this instance. You should have ran faster, damn it!"

"I was going as fast as I could," Reynard argued. "I haven't had much practice lately. Sorry for being not good enough."

"Well, at least we're getting through the portal," Mary said. "I mean, where else are they going to take us?"

The ogre pulling the cart that held the cage laughed out loud. "Oh, ye aren't goin' ta the portal! We're shippin' ya back where ya came from!"

Reynard's heart lurched. He leaned over to Mary and Adam, whispering,"We need to figure something out. Anything. We get sent back and there's no hope left. You hear me?"

They both nodded, looking around the cage for something useful.

A loose dagger, sitting directly in arm's reach of the cage's bars. But a young ogre boy sat staring at him, even closer to the dagger than they were. The one pulling the cart began singing folk tunes, no longer listening to the huffs coming from tiny insignificant humans.

Reynard crawled across to the edge of the cage. He looked at the boy, who had a slightly fierce, slightly scared look on his face. He wasn't as ugly as his older comrade, which for whatever reason eased Reynard slightly.

"You better not try anything," The boy warned him. He had no hint of an accent compared to the older ogre, which was another relief to Reynard.

"I don't plan on doing anything," Reynard said, a bit glumly. He had to sell himself. He slouched over, his eyes tracing the wood surface.

"I see what you're trying to do," The boy said. "You're trying to make me pity you. It's not working."

Reynard felt a hand on his shoulder. Mary had come over, using Reynard's arm to stop herself from falling over. The roads were extremely rocky over here.

Mary whispered in his ear, "Step aside, fox."

Reynard scooched over, letting her face the ogre boy. She pressed her face against the metal, staring the kid down intently.

"You will let us out," She said. Reynard could hear the fire in her voice.

"You don't get to command me-"

Mary had changed from normal, to absolutely terrifying. Her arms reached through the bars of their prison, just in reach of the ogre boy.

The ogre fell back some, into the pile of baskets and crates. Mary snatched the dagger at that point, wielding it professionally in one hand. She stood in the cage just as the older Ogre stopped, noticing the shenanigans taking place.

"Oi, what's goin' on boyo?" He said to the younger ogre. The ogre boy sat back up, dusting himself off, and he turned to look at the humans in the cage. Except, they were gone. The door to it was wide open.

"What the-" The ogre boy began, but then was cut off by the shriek of his fellow ogre.

"AHHHH!" The older ogre screaming, a knife lodged in the middle of his chest. Dark red blood began spewing out of the wound.

"Gorey!" The boy yelled, running to his side. The older ogre, Gorey, fell to the dirt ground, his head hitting a hard rock in the process.

Mary tugged Reynard's shoulder. "We need to go, NOW!"

Reynard ran after Mary and Adam, who were already ahead of him by several feet. He kept looking back, but each time he could see less and less of the scene they had created. They were now on their way to the gate.

It only took a few minutes. The last ogre, the one who'd stayed behind, was fast asleep near the entrance. His snores shook the leaves on the trees as they approached the cave, tiptoeing around the green mass of ugly, and over the the platform with in.

"Do you have the paper?" Adam asking, nervously looking back at the mouth of the cave.

Reynard nodded, digging it out of his pocket. "Here, here. Take it and open the damn door, quick."

Adam nodded silently. He looked at the symbols, taking an astray rock and making them in the dirt below them. The first symbol was done, and began to glow and eerie dark green. Adam smirked a tiny bit when he saw Reynard and Mary's awe, a little proud of himself to have accomplished that reaction from them.

The symbol was blue, and the last was red. They began to grow brighter, until everyone had to squint to see anything. A door appeared on the cave wall, bright white in the mix of colors.

The snores of the Ogre stopped.

"Run! Go inside!" Adam said. Mary again tugged Reynard, pulling him in with her. Adam looked back for a minute, at the Ogre quickly approaching him.

"By, Melv!" Adam yelled, and tossed himself through too.

It was cold, at first. Freezing, like a winter's night. He shivered a bit, passing through to the other side. And when he was there, the sun beat down on his body with warm summer rays. They were indeed, there.

He was home.

The castle was stood in the far distance, exactly the same as it always had been. He could see smoke coming from the chimney stacks, the sound of the rushing river they had to cross to get there was nearby. Nostalgia hit him so hard, he began to tear up.

"This is it!" He told them excitedly. "We are here!"

Mary and Reynard exchanged glances. Hopefully, trusting Adam was the right choice. They descended the hill they were on, heading toward the castle that held sweet Therese and Mary's little Franklin.

Therese was carried down a long winding hall, to the dining room. The guards placed her in a red cushy chair, directly across from William, who had anger in his eyes.

"Really? Are you serious?" He began to lecture her. "I can't deal with defiance. Seriously. It's a pet peeve of mine. And I WILL tame it. Understood?"

Therese said nothing, her expression blank in his direction. She grabbed a fist full of her dress under the table, holding back her own anger toward him.

"Just bring breakfast in, finally," He ordered one of his servants. In his hands was a novel with a blue leather cover, and he read intently for another minute or so.

His lips curled to a smile. "Thank you, though," He said. "Now that I know before the wedding, I know exactly what to deal with first. And, after reading this particularly morbid chapter of my currently favorite book, I know exactly how to deal with it. Now, as soon as you finish your toast and eggs, I will have you escorted to the changing room to get ready. I have a dress for you and everything."

"I will not marry you," She said sternly. The food was placed in front of her, but she did not budge. "Never."

William only chuckled. "You say that now, my dear. Last night, you were all over me. I had to push you off, as a matter of fact."

Therese let out a wimpering noise. "W-what?"

"The potion I gave you. People often act out of the ordinary when on it. I had to remind myself that I gave it to you. We had fun, you know."

Therese's cheeks went red again, with rage and shame. Hot tears went down each cheek. "No, you're lying!"

William just smirked. "Oh honey. I only lied to you that one time. But if you want reassurance, it didn't get passed the kissing stage."

Therese cupped her hand across her lips. She never kissed anyone before. How could this...this rat be her first. She stood up from the table, pushing the table back and exited the room. All she could hear before being caught by another guard was the click of William's shoes as he sauntered across the room.

"Get her dressed. You have ten minutes to bring her to the ceremony. Understood?"

The guard gruffly nodded, taking her away with him.

Therese proceeded to cry.

I might write a little more later tonight, but that's it for now :) Hope you liked this, I split it up a little. I wanted to actually write just another Therese chapter, but I figured I should also cover what happened with the Ogres before then. More Therese later, and maybe even Reynard too. I don't know, we'll see. <3

• your glorious description is so magical it's confused me. Really, though, out of all the places we've been on this thread, this North Pole has got to be one of the nicest. :)

Well, this had made my day! :D I'm glad you like it; I was trying to think of a way the Fable knew how to find him without the mundies truly knowing the way. Used to think the same way as a child.

If I were younger I would so be packing my bags for Canada right now. But if I were younger, I wouldn't be flying by myself - your glorious

• Chapter 3: Learning The Truth

"Holly..." Fayde looked at the troll, then, the others. "What happened with Lily?"

Rose put down her glass. "Wait, wait, you don't know? Didn't Holly tell you?"

Holly's eyes peered down to look at some of the empty wine glasses. "...No, I haven't."

"Well why the fuck not? She's YOUR friend, isn't she? I mean - I know I would've had the decency to call up a friend to see how he or she is doing."

Fayde noticed Holly breathing heavily, she turned to face Rose.

"Leave Holly alone! It's more complicated than that."

"Complicated? What could be more complicated than to call up a friend?"

Tezoth quickly got up from his stool and wrapped his arms around Rose's neck. "Rose Bud, c'mon, there is no need to start a quarrel inside a fine establishment such as this. I'm sure there is a proper explanation as to why Holly didn't warn her of Lily's demise - or why Holly's 'friend' wasn't aware of her situation in the first place."

Fayde was heartbroken by the way Tezoth said 'friend', and became increasingly worried about how he uttered 'demise'.

Rose sighed. "Whatever, Tez. Let's blow this joint." Rose got up to grab him by the arm. Miss Everwind glared at the two exit the bar - she started to not like either of them now.

Woody cleared his throat. "So, um, Holly. I can help you close the bar down for the day, if you'd like?"

Taking a few short breaths, Holly straightened her posture and looked at Woody. "Yeah, would you please? I think I need to take this time to bring the Ireland girl up to date on a few things."

"You got it, Holly. Also, be safe."

She smiled in response, then, she looked at Fayde. "C'mon, I wanna show you something."

Fayde frowned and did nothing but follow.

9:15 A.M. - The Witching Well Chamber:

"This is the place."

The two stood in front of a well, mementos that favored Lily's memory were scattered all around it.

"This is her resting place?"

"Sadly. Things didn't go to plan when it involved her funeral. And her body... her body I - we didn't get to see."

Fayde clenched her fists tight, they were shaking. "Her body was dumped down there!? What kind of a sick town is this!?"

"There are so many fucked up things happening in this town. I don't know, maybe if you came here with us and didn't stay in fucking Ireland. None of this would've happened."

Everwind rolled her eyes. "Not this shit again, I had no choice! I needed to stay for... reasons I don't want to share. Besides, I would have came and checked to see how you guys were doing earlier if I had a telephone to call you with!"

Holly rubbed her temple. "I should be mad at you, but at the same time, I shouldn't. I don't want to argue either, especially when we're in a place like this."

"I understand if you're mad at me, just, try and see reason. I would never do anything to hurt you, you know that."

Holly was silent, eventually she walked closer to the well.

"Here," Holly picked up something. "This was Lily's bracelet. She didn't wear it every day, but, um, she appreciated the fact that I got it for her. I don't know, I thought it'd be relevant to mention."

"It's alright, Holly. If I had known, I would have brought something myself. Are these her friends?" Fayde held a picture.

"Yeah, those were her friends. Her only friends, actually - they treated her with the respect that she deserved. Unfortunately, the one in the middle? She's dead. Her name was Faith, Nerissa's the one on the left.

She put the picture back gently, while Holly put the bracelet back.

"She was a stripper at the Pudding 'n Pie, a few blocks down from here. Didn't approve of the job at first, but fate has us working in strange circles."

"Listen, I could explain more. However, I'm not feeling too well all of a sudden. I'll see ya later, Fay."

"You going to be okay, Hol?"

"Yeah, yeah, I just need some time alone."

Fayde opened her mouth to say something, until she decided it best not to say anything. She watched the troll walk away until she was out of sight.

It was her and the shrine. She walked closer to gaze down the dark well. "Death. How much I hate it so," She whispered. "The voices are calling me to join them again. I don't want to."

She took a deep breath and exhaled. "Need to get out of here if I know what's good for me."

Fayde practically ran for the stairs, hoping whatever thing she was talking about wouldn't be able to meet her again. Thankfully, she made it to the top of the stairwell in time.

"Phew, made it." She took a moment to catch her breath.

"Are you okay, miss?" Fayde looked to see an odd-looking man wearing an orange jumpsuit and a frog hat standing before her.

Huff, huff. "I'm fine. Am I in your way?"

"Well, not really. It looked like you were exhausted, so I walked over to see if you needed any help."

"Again, I'm fine. I appreciate your concern, though. What's your name?"

"Flycatcher."

"Flycatcher. Flycatcher." She grinned. "I like that name."

"Oh, really? Why, thanks for the compliment! Um, if you don't mind me saying, your accent is really cool-sounding. Are you the Everwind girl that Snow interviewed earlier this morning?"

She giggled. "That would be me."

"Nice. It's always awesome to meet new people. Well, guess I'll see you later then?"

"I'm sure I shall. See ya around."

She later thought. "What an adorable guy."

END, of Chapter 3.

Finally done with this one! I needed to create another chapter anyway before you guys forget what happened in my ever-so-mysterious tale about Fayde. Also, I've been feeling kind of down lately - so there's that. I'm feeling better now since the weekend is here, though, it's been on and off.

• So, I’m going to make a short story based on Fables, I’m going to try to make it in the “Christmas Challenge” It isn’t going to be a straight up trip to the North Pole, there’s going to be lots of twists, hopefully it will still qualify. It’s also going to be short, very short…And so it begins…Yeah…

Chapter 1

“Cheshire!” He yells to the man walking down the sheet, it was Cheshire. He heard your voice and turned around to face you, he began walking to you, he looked like a man in his 20’s, he wore blue jeans and a light jacket, he was wearing sunglasses; which was somewhat odd with it being winter. Both of you walk until you meet at the door to a house.

“It’s always nice to see an old friend, Reuben, you don’t look so good, guess you’re getting old.” Cheshire’s voice was very sarcastic, almost like he was trying to be funny, but kind of failed.

“It must be your eyes, what’s with the sunglasses?” Reuben questioned.

“I like them” Cheshire said with a smile. Cheshire looked at the door to the house and frown, he walked to the door and pushed it open, it was unlocked.

“What are you doing? Cheshire?” Reuben said with a worried tone as Cheshire stepped into the house. He stood in the door and tuned around.

“That’s an odd feeling. You feel it, right?” Cheshire then turned around and started walking into the house, Reuben stands on the sidewalk outside the house, he begins to worry, he then follows Cheshire into the house. Reuben walks through the hallway leading from the front door, at the end of it he finds himself in a living room. The room was decorated for the holidays, there was a Christmas tree in the far corner of the room by a window, and there was a fireplace in the room sitting on top of it was a plate of cookies shaped like reindeer and snowmen. He sees stairs leading to the second story, Reuben walks up the stairs and finds Cheshire standing at the top.

“What do you think your doing- Holy fuck…” Reuben whispered.

Cheshire was standing by a dead body; the body was lying next to a wall which was covered with what looked like blood, the body was a man, he had a deep cut on his neck.

“What the fuck?!” Reuben yelled.

“Well, it was an odd feeling indeed…Come here, what do you want to do?” Cheshire asked.

“What do you mean, what I want to do?” Reuben questioned.

“I asked you want to wanted to do, it’s a fable, we should probably call the front office…But, the moment we stepped in this house we became suspects, you know how the office reacts to this kind of shit.” Cheshire answered.

“If that’s a dead fable we need to call fable town! Can’t believe you would think about keeping this from them” Reuben yelled angrily.

“I’m not saying we don’t tell! I’m saying we might want to consider looking into this a little more before we get fable town involved.” Cheshire said.

“But- You know what, fuck it, want did you have in mind?” Reuben replied.

“Well, let’s have a look around, maybe there’s something that could tell us about what happened.” Cheshire stood up and started looking around; he spots a card slightly hanging out of the dead man’s pocket. He reaches for it takes a look at it. It looked like something that people would hand out of the holidays; it has a post card of the North Pole.

“What is that? Is it a post card?” Reuben asked.

“No. It’s… an invitation…To a club.” Cheshire answered. He then set the card back next to the body and stood up, he then started walking to the stairs.

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?” Reuben yelled to Cheshire as he continued to walk down the stairs.

“I’m going to check this out, feel free to call the office. Your probably get taken into questioning, or you could just come with me. You’re choice.” Cheshire yells from the bottom of the stairs. Reuben runs down the stairs and out the front door chasing after him.

“This isn’t how things work! If they find out about this-“ Reuben is cut short when Cheshire talks back.

“I’m not gonna lie to you, this could lead us to a world of trouble, but you’ll just have to trust me. After all, I know you better then you know yourself, we’re friends, I’ll take the blame if anything goes wrong.” Cheshire smiles then starts walking to his destination. Reuben stands in the doorway. He then starts running after Cheshire.

To be continued

Well…I guess I’ll tell you a little more about the characters, Cheshire is the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland, and Reuben is one of the swindlers from The Emperor's New Clothes. Anyway…Hope you enjoyed it… :P

• Rose bud. <3 I liked that. :)

Also, major tension was felt at the Witching Well or perhaps that was just me over looking something. I do agree with ya', Fayde. What a fucked up town; just tossing bodies down a well and calling it good. Alwyas thought that was weird....Oh and do I detect romance between Fly and Fayde? :D

Well, whatever has you feeling so down, hopefully it goes away soon. :) Hope its nothing too serious at that. We are here should you need to talk to someone.

Chapter 3: Learning The Truth "Holly..." Fayde looked at the troll, then, the others. "What happened with Lily?" Rose put down her gla

• Christmas Challenge

Meanwhile, back in Fabletown....

Carla could smell the fear of the woman standing in front of her, as she inched the shopping cart closer to the aisle. The older woman was prepared to pounce on the last White Dove ornament; Carla was in dire need of a new one ever since Noah tackled the poor object last year thinking it was an actual Dove. She was not upset, considering the poor boy was only acting out his natural urges.

But in the end, Carla was ready to push, shank or step over anyone to get what she wanted this year. She felt like Mel Gibson's character in 'Braveheart', only this time it was for Christmas. All she needed now was the war paint and battle cry.The boys sat inside the cart; the mini Gren look-alike eyed the lady, as Noah sat to the side and Rosie in the front. Her little legs dangled out, as she held a plastic Candy Cane in her hands. She would use it if neccessary.

Lyla was standing behind her sister, rethinking why she felt the need to join Carla in her annual Christmas rage-a-thons. Lyla constructed a plan in her head to escape should something go down, a memorial for the lives lost during the battle and the bail money for her sister's release. Carla leaned forward into Rosie's ear.

"Rosie....see that Dove?"

Rosie chuckled. "Do I see the Dove? You know I do, mama."

Carla smiled. "Grab it...if not, Gren Junior. Noah-" The boys looked over. "You BOTH know what to do..."

All three kids gave a nod, as Lyla watched her sister push the cart and head for the lonely white Dove. The lady's wheels to her shopping cart began to roll along the linoleum; above, the store played Christmas music to help soothe the savage beasts within their loyal customers. Today, the spell did not work on Carla Grendel.

Carla pushed her cart towards the Dove. "That is MY bird!"

The older lady dug into her purse. "In your dreams, young lady! That's my bird for little Timmy!"

"Little Timmy can go to hell on a one Horse sleigh ride!"

Gren Junior took Rosie's plastic decoration and tried aiming for the hook. The older lady, however, was too quick on her feet; she fished her crooked finger under the hook, snatched it off the rack and spun around the corner to the checkout.

"NO!" The kids felt defeat, as the front end of the cart hit the wall. "We were so close!"

Rosie kicked in her seat. "That old lady took it! Sneaky, sneaky old people! They ACT all innocent and helpless...."

Lyla rolled her eyes. She could not comprehend her sister's wicked way of thinking during the holidays, nor her neice and nephews inheritence of their mother's 'love' for Christmas. All Lyla wanted to do was spend time with her sister while her own little family spent some time in the North with Saint Nick. Lyla was begining to regret accepting Carla's proposal.

"Well, uh, maybe we can try another place Carla."

Bad move. Carla was too much like their mother; a sweet, adorable and devoted mother who only wanted the best for her family. No one would think twice to check if the Kitten had claws or had a nasty habit of drawing blood with her hidden fangs. Lyla's mother was like that; even full grown male Wolves knew better than to mess with little Nancy and they quickly learned the same for Carla. Even though Lyla herself was a Wolf, she didn't dare mess with her sister.

"ANOTHER place, Lyla!?" Carla's left eye twitched. She had that mad look. "ANOTHER PLACE!? No one....and I mean NO ONE, get's in MY way during the holidays! CHILDREN!"

All three look towards their mother. Rosie bounces from her seat, as her two brothers join. Like little soilders prepared for the battle ahead, they saluted their mother.

"Meet you in the front, mommy!" Noah grins. "Get your check book ready."

Lyla watched as all three kids raced to the front; her sister let out a mentally disordered laugh, as she took off towards the front. Clutching her purse tightly against her chest, Lyla was now fully prepared for the bloodbath to occur in the Hobby store of New York. This would be a day to remember; candle light vigals, memorials and a moment of silence for years to come and it was all thanks to a little old lady, Lyla's hysterical sister, Carla's psychotic offspring and a single white Dove.

Rosie, Gren Junior and Noah had a plan; Junior ran to the aisle with the candy, took spit from his mouth and rubbed his eyes. As Rosie counted down, Junior walks around the corner rubbing his eyes.

"MOMMY! Where is my MOMMY!?"

While the customers looked on and several managers headed towards Junior, Carla pulled the cart to the side and waited. Noah walked carefully to the old lady; she was distracted by Junior's cries to notice the little Wolf pup's hand sneak into the cart. Grabbing the hook, Noah pulls out the Dove and runs to Carla. Waving at his brother and sister, Junior and Rosie thank their audience and run to the front.

Carla manages to write her signature and rip out the check just as the older lady noticed the missing Dove. She looked around, hoping it fell beneath the mountain of wrapping paper. Alas, she noticed the cashier bag the last Dove and take Carla's check. As the receipt printed and the transaction was complete, the war had been won: Carla one, older lady none.

Lyla inched closer to the automatic door; it swung open, as she slinked her way towards Carla's car. It was an odd scene to not only see the older lady nod in understanding towards Carla but the entire Christmas crew highfiving and cheering their accomplished defeat. Lyla was ready for Carla to debut her speech, hold a large feast and celebrate all night.

"Well, I THINK we need to get a little something to celebrate!"

As the children cheered, Lyla could only stare at her sister. Carla climbed into the driver's seat, as the children buckled in the back.

"What do you say, sis-how does Chinese food sound?"

Lyla glared at Carla. "A white Dove...you almost created World War 3, over a damn white fucking Dove....A DOVE, Carla...."

"Not just ANY Dove, aunt Lyla." Rosie holds up the Ornament. "This was MAMA'S Dove."

Lyla had a headache, as Carla pulled out from the parking lot. "Good girl, Rosie Posie. You got it! You boys did excellent, too. NICE work there, Junior."

"I learned it from dad."

Help. Those were the only words Lyla had as they drove down the busy streets.

Katie watched as one of the Reindeers chewed on a nearby bale of Hay. She leaned across the fence, as her hand reached out to pet the majestic creature. It pawed at the ground, let out a low grunt, as it allowed Katie's hand to gently touch the tufts of fur. The other children gathered around another stable, as they each feed Apples and Carrots to another hunfry Reindeer.

Santa, Gren and Georgie stood back and watched the children play. Santa's belly jiggled as he laughed; he could not contain the joy he felt, as the children played with his Reindeer.

"They are quite the lively bunch, Georgie. Such well behaved children. Those Smiths were always strict, yet gentle with their offspring."

Georgie couldn't help but crack a smile. "Lyla is stern but does it out of love."

"What 'bout me, Santa? What 'about my little slice of paradise?"

Santa laced his fingers together, as he rested his hands against his belly. He stared at the Grendel, now shivering in the cold. "Your family is VERY passionate for this time of year. Carla is quite the spitfire....those children have also inherited their mother's, uh, 'love' for this time of year."

Proud, Gren adjusted his jacket. "Yeah, yeah....I know. My sweet little firecracker."

Georgie's eyes glowed with delight as he watched his children bask in the glorious moment of Christmas; the air continued to smell of sweet treats baking in the nearby Gingerbread village. Elves would stroll by and wave to the playing children. The sky was coated with a thick blanket of flurries, as they gently carressed the sky and rest upon the Candy Cane posts and Gum drop lanes.

Peter, Apple in hand, was eager to try out the fresh layer of pure white wonder. He ran over to Georgie and began tugging at his pant leg. Santa could not help but smile at the avid Wolf pup.

"Dad, dad, dad-can I go and build a Snowman?"

"I don't see why not."

Peter cheered, as she stumbled through the snow. The thick mounds of fresh powder was easy for the boy to travel in; his enormous boots and skilled hands were able to guide the boy until he found the perfect spot. Seeing their brother partake in the traditions of Christmas, all but Katie joined in the game of building a tiny snowman community. Santa and the others found Katie still stroking the Reindeer's fur.

"Which one is this, Santa?"

Santa walked over to Katie. Her Amber eyes were glued to the jolly old man. He beamed.

"This one here is Dancer. He's a very carefree Reindeer and enjoys the simple pleasures in life like this Apple here. His friend over there is Prancer."

"Is Rudolph here today?"

"Why, he and the others are out playing Reindeer games in the Candy Cane forest. They love to frolic in the mountains until it's time to deliver the presents to all the good little boys and girls. These two here came back for a little snack."

"How DO you get all those toys out, Santa?"

"Why, my Elves are wonderful little helpers. Mr. Isaiah helps me keep track of who is naughty and nice and my Reindeer have a special secret magic to them that allow time to stand still for JUST a moment as they fly high above the trees and rooftops."

"Wow...." Katie's eyes were wide. "So THAT'S how its done..."

"Without that, I would not be able to deliver all those lovely gifts. That is how you and your siblings got those beautiful Wolf plushies."

"With our names on them..."

Santa winked. "You get it now, little Katie Porgie."

Katie jumped down from the fence. "Can we SEE your workshop, Santa?"

"Of course you may but first, I want to show you and your siblings something."

Taking Katie's hands, Santa unhooks the gate and allows Dancer to walk out. The Reindeer automatically heads outside; his hooves press into the snow, as the children stop to stare. He was even immense outside of the stable. Santa looked over to Georgie; Georgie gave a slight nod, as he grinned. Santa lifted Katie into the air and placed the girl onto Dancer's back.

"Where am I going, Santa?"

"Dancer wants to show you kids how he flies so very high into the sky."

All the children pause and glance at Katie; Dancer stomps his right hoof twice, as twinkling lights, music and a thin sheet of mist surrounds the creature. The Reindeer lifts his mighty head, points his antlers to the heavens and leaps into the air. The trail follows, as Dancer kicks and paws in the air. Grabbing his fur, Katie is beyond words as Dancer gallops into the clouds. Behind him, he leaves a trail of light. Time did seem to stop, as he kicked and ducked along the clouds.

Katie's eyes were glued the entire time as Dancer circled the Stables one last time and returned to the ground. The children gathered around their sister, who was silent even as she jumped from the creature's back.

"How was it!?" Her siblings crowded around. "Katie-did you see us? Was it cold? Did time stop? How was it?"

Katie could only smile, as she headed back to the stable. The children followed her; soon, Dancer was right behind them, as he continued to chew on the Apple Katie provided. Georgie and Gren could only sit back and watch, as the children continued to wallow in the glorious light that Christmas had to offer.

"Well, whenever you boys are ready, my shop is prepared for the pitter patter of little feet."

Georgie beamed. "In a minute, Santa. Think the children are enjoyin' them Reindeers."

Several minutes would pass before the group made their way to Santa's workshop. But it didn't matter.

Georgie was letting Christmas guide tonight.

Any questions, let me know. :) Sunday, Sunday, Sunday....Football later, some little Christmas shopping and then just lounging around the house. Tomorrow is Monday. I HATE Mondays but that's all good. :) Will write more later if I have the time. I've been having a wonderful time with this challenge. Hope you guys are, too. :D

• That entire bit with Carla and her mini army was very well done and the entire time I was reading it, I pictured Junior 'crying', Noah snatching the Dove and Rose being her adorable self. Man. Guess Carla is serious when it comes to the holidays. XD And all for a white dove ornament. I loved this section; the detail and description you gave and Lyla's views on the entire thing.

And that second part was just too cute. I adored Katie with the Reindeer and the kids playing in the snow. I love your sescription about the North pole with all the cookie smells and candy lanes. :) I ofte wonder how you come up with such creative chapters like these. I loved this and looking forward to future chapters.

Christmas Challenge Meanwhile, back in Fabletown.... Carla could smell the fear of the woman standing in front of her, as she inched t

• Alt text

RJ Grendel in all three forms; true, child and adult version. :)

Robert ran back to his apartment. The front doors oscillated open, as he nearly skipped the entire way up the stairs. He had never felt such intense passion and attraction towards a female before in his entrie life. Robert, like any normal Fable man, had crushes and girls he used to look at both in the city ahd back home. But none had a grip on both his heart and soul the way Lyla Smith did.

It was beyond her beauty that Robert found irresistable; she had a heart of gold and a soul more pure than the snow that fell to the ground on cold winter nights. Lyla was passionate about the topics that flew from her beautiful mouth. Her lips would press together, as she spewed out words that made him melt like butter in the sun.

As he dug into his pocket to find the keys, her image began to haunt his mind; her alluring figure pressed against the blank surroundings of his thoughts, as she beckoned for Robert to wrap his massive arms around her body. Robert swore at that moment he could feel the warmth of her flesh touching his. All he could now remember was the passionate kiss they endured back on the streets of Fabletown.

He closed the door behind him, threw the keys near an empty bowl and flung himself onto the couch. Robert bounced twice before securely landing in the middle. He inhaled deeply, as he closed his eyes for a few moments. He could hear the footsteps from the apartment above and the noise of the city outside these brick walls. Robert again saw her image.

He disregarded the commotion outside and around him; Robert leaned his head back into the seat cushions and again allowed his mind to become lost in the forest of Lyla's pure beauty and wit. He could smell her rose scented body; Robert, with his eyes still shut, reached out a hand in hopes he would entwine his fingers in the fabric of her clothing. The fierce smell of her body now invaded his mind. Robert found himself astray from the path and only Lyla standing at the end of the trail.

"Lyla..." Her name was even more ravishing as it flew from his lips. "Lyla. I want you so bad, Lyla. I can feel you...I want you here with me..."

Robert knew it was nothing more than his imagination; no one was in the room as he spoke these words outloud but he did not seem to be bothered by this. Robert knew at that moment, even in the short amount of time he had spent with her, he loved Lyla Smith.

Still leaning into the seat, Robert could feel his groin ache and he arched his back and let out a small groan. The delightful yet potent feelings was something Robert had never encounterd in his many years wondering this Earth. At that moment, he could feel her soft skin press against his own flesh; Robert wanted to take Lyla and make vigorous passion as her fingers laced within his jet black locks. He could feel her warmth, her bare breasts against his chest, as her hair tangled and he became one with Lyla.

He could hear her voice, begging to show her everything that Robert was. She wanted to see, to know, to understand the monster hiding within this shell of a man. At her request, Robert pictured himself letting go and becoming the beast she wanted to see before her. With her legs still open and ever so inviting, Robert, now in his true form, could feel himself thrusting into Lyla and becoming one with her.

Robert could feel her body tremble beneath him, as they passionatly made love with nothing but the moon as their guiding light. Her cordial fingers would trace along his shoulders and arms. Robert knew this was nothing more than his secret fantasy but he didn't care, for at that moment, she belonged only to him.

Suddenly, Robert's dreams about Lyla were interupted by the vibration of his phone. Trying to ignore the noise, Robert continued to picture his beautiful fantasy once more. But after several seconds of peace, his phone again went off. Sighing and knowing this would have to continue later, Robert reached over and grabbed his phone. As he read the text message, Robert could feel his heart pounding against his chest, the sweat forming around his brow and the ever growing pain in his groin.

Robert managed to write five words before Gren finally called.

"Hey bro! How was the date? Did you have a good time?"

Robert could tell that his brother was semi-drunk, as he tried to hold a conversation with him. Robert rolled his eyes; he adored his younger brother and would stand at nothing to defend him should the time come. But there were times, when even Robert wanted to smack some sense into his little brother's thick skull.

"I had a wonderful time, Gren...." Robert stood up. He needed to release some of the rapidly growing feelings within. "She and I went to dinner, talked and grabbed some ice cream."

Gren whistled. "Wow, bro! That's sounds promising. So, did you, you know...."

Robert knew what Gren was trying to pry out. "No, Gren...we didn't have sex."

Gren was silent. "Soooo...she's NOT there with you right now?"

Robert headed to the kitchen and searched for a Beer. "What-no, she is not here. Carla came and picked her up, so the Folkers wouldn't catch on to her sudden absence. WHY would she be here? It's only been one date."

"Me and Carla didn't take long..."

Robert sighed. "Well, YOU and Carla are not trying to 'date' one another. How did you two put it the other day? Oh, that's right-you guys are 'fuck' buddies and have an understanding that this will be nothing more than that. SHOULD feelings become involved, the parties with either take a break or no longer see each other. Did I get it right, Gren?"

Robert tried not to laugh, as he heard his brother mumble against the speaker. "Wow. You do listen to me than, you fucking asshole."

"THAT works for you two; some people don't WANT a relationship and they find someone to agree with their accommodations but I want to have that security feeling that a relationship provides. I can honestly tell you I love Lyla..."

Gren was quiet for a few seconds; those seconds, however, felt like daggers to the heart and Robert suddenly felt uneasy. His brother was terrible at masking his true feelings when he spoke. Robert found an ice cold Beer in the back when Gren finally found his voice.

"You have no idea what you are getting yourself into, Robert."

Annoyed, Robert began to peel off his clothing. He held his cellphone in one hand, as he undressed with the other.

"What does that mean, Gren?"

"Lyla Smith is a Wild Stallion, bro. She can not be contained and will fight you tooth and nail before she allows you to label her as 'your girlfriend' and possible mother to your children. You-"

Robert, now naked and turning on the shower, paced back and forth as the water warmed up.

"Indeed, she is a bit younger but that does not mean-"

"I'm not talking about her Goddamn age, Robert. I'm talking about her as a whole. Carla told me she is going through some shit right now and all she wants to do is party, have a good time and forget this fucked up world exists."

Robert tried to contain himself, as he tested the water. It was warm but not to his liking. This was another issue Robert had with his tiny studio apartment, as he sat on the toilet and waited.

"What is your point, Gren?"

"Look, you're going to fucking do what you want and to be honest, I can't blame you. I'm just telling you this because you are my brother and I hear it in your voice...you are falling in love with this girl and I don't want to see you get so worked up, put all your emotions in one fucking basket and have her tear you down like an old building."

Robert sighed. "She's not like that...you didn't see they way she looked at me, the feelings we both felt and the coonection we made tonight. If having a 'fuck' buddy works for you, by all means continue to do so. But I WANT a relationship, Gren."

"It's your call, bro. I'm just looking out for you."

The steam rose from the shower head and tile floors; the water was a perfect temperature, as Robert stood up.

"I gotta go, Gren. I'm heading into the shower and calling it a night."

"Yeah, I gotta get in the shower myself. Carla is coming by in twenty minutes..."

Robert felt despondent for Gren. What a doleful life that must be; to place time, effort and emotions all in a person that only needed your company when they had an itch to scratch. Robert could not see himself doing this; he also did not picture Lyla in the same catagory as her own sister and Gren. Shaking his head, Robert jumped into the shower.

He allowed the warm water to caress his body, as he spent the next ten minutes washing up. As he finished bathing, turned off the water and reached for the towel, he once again pictured Lyla Smith. This time, he had the urge to call her.

Robert knew Gren was wrong, as he dialed her number and waited for that familiar voice to answer his call.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,`

Got any questions or comments, please leave them below. :)

• I just had to include it! I was feeling a little lovey-dovey at the moment when I wrote Tez's little sweet talk, anyway. ;)

You figured right, there was quite a bit of tension going on between them. I was going to make Holly fight Fayde out of anger in the chamber, then I decided not to have them fight so soon. (this could change, however) And mayyyybe, only time will tell. For right now, let's just say I included him so I could have someone point out how amazing Fayde's Irish accent was. :P

I'm feeling better now, I'm going to send you a message anyway so I would at least let someone know without bottling my emotions inside. Thank you, man. :)

Rose bud. I liked that. Also, major tension was felt at the Witching Well or perhaps that was just me over looking something. I do agre

• edited December 2014

First of all, welcome to the storytelling thread! If you decide to post more of your story, you can expect the nicest of comments from me or any of my thread regulars.

Second, I'm usually pretty lenient about my challenges - in other words, I like what you're doing with your story, as it certainly caught my interest so far. :P

NoHopeLeft posted: »

So, I’m going to make a short story based on Fables, I’m going to try to make it in the “Christmas Challenge” It isn’t going to be a straigh

• My mom was like that when we were kids. I HAD to include Carla and the reason WHY Gren and so many others just back up and let her do the entire deocrations and what not. Even the kids are into it; not SO much the boys but Rosie. xD And Lyla should have known better than to just GO. lol

I'm glad you like it all; happy the detail and idea of my vision of the North Pole shows through the writing. I'm not going to carry this challenge on too much; just enough to give you all an idea and call it good. :) And I guess I just have knack at creating new worlds. :) Like I've said before, Pie is just a big kid at heart.

That entire bit with Carla and her mini army was very well done and the entire time I was reading it, I pictured Junior 'crying', Noah snatc

• Oh man. That would have been a scene to read and enjoy. :) I often wonder how strong Fayde truly is and whould she be able to take a Troll on like Holly? Guess I'll have to wait and find out. And Flycatcher and his ability to point certain traits out. :) Nice.

Well, glad you are alright; its no fun to be down in the dumps and like i've said a bajillion times, as so have the others, we are here for you should ya' need it. May not respond right away but we are here. xD

I just had to include it! I was feeling a little lovey-dovey at the moment when I wrote Tez's little sweet talk, anyway. You figured rig

• You say you worry about whether your writing isn't as good as it is was? Preposterous!

I thought it was just as good as the previous installments! I wonder what happened to the second part of the sixth chapter, though. Unless you forgot about writing that part altogether.

Chapter 7 – The Duality of Man My eyes open over the course of a few seconds, every millimeter pushed open an arduous task. From a slumpe

• RJ is just to die for. <3 He's the cutest. :)

Now, on to this chapter. Noir made a point in your last shapter that the passion and love Robert has for Lyla drips from the screen and leaves a sticky, sweet mess on my laptop. I had the feeling again with this one; the detail and description of Robert ahd his boyish fantasies about Lyla. I especially loved the part about his mind being haunted by her image. :)

And Gren and his usual self. Can kinda see where the problems are starting and if this is part of the reason why Lyla leaves him. Again, your writing has improved and it shows. Well done. Excited to see were Robert will go now.

RJ Grendel in all three forms; true, child and adult version. Robert ran back to his apartment. The front doors oscillated open, as he n

• Thanks for the warm welcome. :P

First of all, welcome to the storytelling thread! If you decide to post more of your story, you can expect the nicest of comments from me or

• edited December 2014

So…I think I’m going to continue writing this...Yeah…

Chapter 2

Cheshire continued to walk, once Reuben reached him Cheshire stop walking; he pulled out a pocket watch to check the time. He turned around and faced Reuben, his face looked almost terrified. He looked back at Reuben and smiled.

“Would you look at the time…We’re late, for the party…Well, I am…You on the other hand need to go to this address, run and don’t stop running.” Cheshire then pulled out a piece of paper and started writing down an address. He then handed it to Reuben.

“What the fuck is happening?! I can tell your keeping something from me, who the hell was that dead Fable?!” Reuben yelled, Cheshire then grabbed him by the shoulders and yelled back at him.

“Just fuckin’ run! Don’t look back! I’ll explain what’s happened at the address, remember, don’t look back.” Cheshire pushed him forward and turned around to face the way they came from. Reuben then continued to walk forward, he could see a green glow in the corner of his eye, and he started running. He kept running until he reached the address. There he found himself at a rundown building with a sign that read out ‘The North Pole’ he opened the door and stepped inside. It was abandoned club.

“Hello?” Reuben yelled only to hear it echo back at him. Then he heard something yell at him.

“Who the hell are you?” Reuben turned around to see a short man with glasses looking up at him.

“My…My names Reuben, I was told to come here. The Cheshire Cat told me to meet him here. Who are you?” Reuben replied to the short man.

“My name is Thompson. What did the Cheshire Cat tell you?” Thompson answered.

“He just told me to meet him here, that’s all…Do you know what’s happeni-“ Reuben stops talking when Cheshire appears out of thin air between him and Thompson. Cheshire hovers for a few seconds then falls to the ground, when he hits the ground his eyes shoot open and he jumps up.

“We need to think fast, but first I’ll explain everything I know…I’ve been cursed, at least I think I’ve been cursed. It’s the only thing that explains it. Now, the dead Fable in the house was me, I was murdered. And I was just murdered a second time.” Cheshire quickly said.

“You were murdered, twice?” Reuben asked.

“Would you believe cats have nine lives?” Cheshire said with an almost sarcastic tone.

“How the hell are you here?” Reuben questioned.

“Hmm…I think it has something to do with the curse, and I’m just guessing I have 7 chances left. We need to find the where the curse came from, that’s where we have Thompson, he can make a portal to almost anywhere, he’s the White Rabbit after all. Oh and thank you for lending me the watch, it came in handy.” Once Cheshire finishes talking he hands the pocket watch back to Thompson.

“Well, I’ll make the portal…If this thing is still coming for you then we-“ Thompson stops talking and looks behind himself, he runs to the front door and locks it. Something starts banging on the door, Thompson starts walking to the back wall, he turns the watches hand and they all hear a loud noise coming from outside. Whatever was outside continued to bang on the door. Thompson opens the portal and then hands the watch to Cheshire, Thompson jumps into the portal.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Reuben yells to Cheshire.

“I’m buying you sometime, this creature will continue to chase us…Even after it kills me it will continue to try to find me and kill me, again and again. I’m not dying for good, I'll come back, for now you need to get going. The portal will hopefully lead to the source of the curse, I’ll see you on the other side of the portal.” Cheshire smiles and turns to face the front door.

“Just come with us, you don’t have to die again, just-“ Reuben is cut off when the front door flies of the hinges and across the room, it barely misses Cheshire and hits Reuben knocking him into the portal.

To be continued…

Hmm…So…Um…Yeah, hope you liked it, i would love some feedback, i guess...Yeah...

• RJ is so cute as a kid! And he's badass looking as an adult! I love it!

RJ Grendel in all three forms; true, child and adult version. Robert ran back to his apartment. The front doors oscillated open, as he n

• edited December 2014

The castle was heavily guarded. The trio was in the muddy moat under the bridge, listening for activity above their heads.

"...So he says,'I ain't want your damn apples, I can get 'em on any otha New York Street Corna'!' and I says,'These apples are special though. This is the 'Big Apple', after all!'"

Another guard bursts out laughing, though Reynard failed to see the humor in his words.

"Was a good joke, Ben. A good freakin' joke." The feet of the guards move away, across the bridge and in to the castle before them. Adam leads, showing Mary and Reynard around the side of the brick wall.

"There's an entrance that goes directly to the basement. It's the least guarded way, and if we intend to be stealthy, we can certainly accomplish it that way."

"Good. Yeah, we'll do that." Mary said. Reynard was the rear of the line as they ran across the side of the building. Adam was right; There was a small wooden trap door on the ground, well hidden from distant eyes.

"You first," Reynard said to Adam. "I'm not sure what we'll be running in to there, and maybe since you are a familiar face, you could distract whoever is down there."

"Good call," Adam said. "I guess."

He opened the latch, jumping directly in. Mary heard him hit the bottom.

"You alright down there?"

Adam's flashlight came to life. He was only a foot away from the mouth of the trap door. "I'm fine."

Mary and Reynard climbed down. She turned into her true form, glass protruding from each angle and her eyes turning dark black and red. "I'm fuckin' ready to shank some asses."

"Me too, Mary," Reynard said with clenched teeth. He had been thinking a lot on their journey about Therese and what might be happening to her. It was getting him heated. He prayed she was safe, at least.

"You look gorgeous," A female servant said. "Ms. Wolf, I don't understand why you could hate it so much."

"Well I do," She huffed. Her tears were dried up, and now she was completely bitter. Therese did not mean to be rude, but she couldn't stand having help by anyone. Yet, if they didn't send the servant in, there would be nothing done. She would have simply sat there and waited for further punishment.

"Do you like the way I've curled your hair at least?" The woman was young, maybe younger than she was, and had long dark brown hair. She was soft spoken and the kindest person here.

"I...I do," Therese admitted. She couldn't stand staying mad at the girl. "Thank you...? Um, what was your name?"

The girl giggled softly. "I am Noelle. And your welcome, Ms. Wolf."

Therese caught sight of Noelle's face in the mirror. She had a long scar across her cheek. She shuddered to think how the girl got it.

"Are you ready now?" Noelle asked, placing the bouquet in Therese's hand.

"I suppose I have no choice, do I?"

Noelle frowned. "I'm sorry. But you don't. I will be accompanying you to the ceremonial room."

"Thank you, Noelle." Therese stood, the flowers in her hand, and she took one last look at herself. The vines went down the outside of her arms, each leaf shining in the light. If she didn't know any better, she would have thought that it was glowing ever so slightly. Therese let the woman lead her out of the room and down the twisting halls.

Reynard pressed his back against the wall, listening for a guard to approach. He was rusty on his self defense moves; It had been years ago that he was a knight for Rose's Camelot. He resigned shortly after Fair was born, but was determined to keep his swordsmanship skills up. If only there was a weapon nearby....

The guard didn't even see it coming. Mary lodged her fist into the 'Adam's Apple' of the man's throat, causing him to choke up with surprise and pain. As soon as he fell, she kicked him hard in the groin, then stepped on him as she led the group down the hall.

"Well, I guess she can take care of herself," Reynard muttered. "Is there any swords or other weapons around that you know of?"

Adam nodded. "Of course. Follow me."

They turned suddenly, down a more insignificant hall. It ended with a wood door, and Adam quickly unlocked it by turning the dials. "I know them all by heart. Especially this room." He said grimly.

Torture devices littered the walls, weapons of every shape and size. A lot were missing; No doubt the guards were over stocked with things to defend the castle. Reynard picked the most comfortable one for him, a gold handled double bladed sword with a few initials carved in the metal.

Adam tensed. He turned to Reynard. "Um...do you mind if I take that sword instead? There are plenty of the same...that one just..." Adam looked away, rubbing the corner of his eye. He looked back. "It was my sister's. She may have been a woman, but she wanted the sword. Just in case..."

Reynard understood. He handed Adam the sword carefully, picking up a nearly identical one with out initials in it. They were ready.

"I don't need that shit," Mary said. She looked up the wall. "Well....maybe just one of these swords. Oh! A dagger. Much better than the shit they're giving the ogres. Oh, shit! Do you see that one? That one has like fire etchings on the handle-"

"Mary, make up your mind. We're limited on time."

"Right, right. Oh! Okay, this is the one. Let's roll, muchachos."

The veil covered Therese's face like a soft blanket. It was like a barrier between what was happening around her, and what was happening within her. She was absolutely scared out of her mind. She was at the beginning of a long carpet, that led to a thrown. William was in his chair, looking particularly unamused until she appeared. His mouth grew wide with a smile as she began to step down the carpet.

What am I doing? She began to think.

Closer. Someone was playing a piano. Flower petals were practically falling from the ceiling. She moved a little further.

He can't get his way.

Her heals snagged to the edge of her dress, but she quickly recovered. She stood straight as a pole, holding her bouquet so tight that her knuckles were white.

Somebody, please save me. Please stop this. Please.

She gulped. Beneath the veil, she was crying again, but not outloud. The tears simply slipped across her cheek but she stayed composed. She didn't want this man. She didn't love him.

Reynard.

It shocked her that she was thinking of him, out of all the people she could be thinking of. She had so much family that were more important in her life, and yet a fox with a horrible sense of humor was clouding her mind. She blinked more tears away, willing herself to stop. She must stay strong. She must-

"I'm so happy you've changed your mind, darling," William said. They were facing each other, their bodies inches away. He smelled of expensive cologne and fabric softener.

"I-" she uttered, but could not go on. She clamped her mouth shut, shaking as his hands reached up and pulled the veil open.

"You look-"

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" It was a males voice. Therese snapped her head to the source of the voice. It was Adam. He held his sword up professionally, walking slowly down the same aisle that Therese had. Following behind him was Mary. And then Reynard.

Her heart leapt. She ripped the veil out of her hair and hiked her dress up. She was about to run over, when the collar of her dress was restrained.

"Tsk, tsk," William said. "You're not getting away, love. You're mine."

"Reynard!" Therese yelled out.

Reynard held his sword, his face set stony. He and Adam stood beside each other, waiting for William to make a move.

"Honestly, Adam," William began to talk. He pulled Therese into his arms in a loving manner, though Therese fought back hard. "I expected more from you. I saved you and your sister."

"You didn't save us," Adam muttered. "We were perfectly fine, living in the woods. We were safe. It was you-"

"Who managed to take your curse away," William said. "After all, it was I who tricked your evil stepmother."

"What do you mean?" Adam looked genuinely surprised, re-positioning his sword as William walked off to the side.

"I knew about you before you knew about me. I made a deal, with her."

"A deal? To kill my sister? Is that what you're going to say?"

William brought his finger to his lips. "Shhh....Do you hear that?"

There was birds chirping through the open windows. Adam moved closer, his eyes following William's.

"She was never killed," He said. "Your sister, that is. She died, but was brought back to life. As an animal. The minute your curse lifted, she was given life. And she became a bird."

Adam's eyes widen. "She-...She's a-...She's alive? My..."

"Yes, Adam. She is alive. I've got a nice cage for her. She rests in my bedroom. A little yellow canary. Very beautiful, I must say."

"You're lying," Adam said, anger surging up in himself. "There's no way- All these years-....I thought that it was just a pet of yours. You've lied to me, William. I will never forgive you."

William stopped, switching Therese into his other arm. "She's feisty, this one. I like her more than your poor sister, Grace."

"Fuck you!" Reynard spoke up. "You're such a-...An asshole!" He lunged forward, his sword swinging.

William turned to use Therese as a shield. "I don't think you want to do that, boy."

Reynard came up short, the tip of the sword scratching across Therese's arm. She shrieked and slouched forward in William's arms.

William chuckled. "You pathetic animal."

Reynard snarled, putting as much anger and contempt into one facial expression as it was humanly possible. "Burn in hell."

"I will," William said smugly. "And I'll be sure to tell you how wonderful a time I will be having."

Adam stepped forward,"What is it you want. Can we negotiate something?"

"There will be no negotiating," William said. "This is my bride, and you three are nuisances. I will have you remove yourselves, or my guards will do so for me."

"We aren't leaving," Mary retorted. "Unless we get the girl."

William frowned. "I suppose you're taking the hard route. Guards!"

William stepped back as the room swarmed with men and women in battle gear. They all had swords or sharp objects, circling around Mary, Reynard, and Adam. Adam swung his sword at the closest one, easily decapitating the man.

"Quickly! Defend yourselves!" He told Mary and Reynard. It was instantly a blood bath. Reynard slain four already, his sword whipping through each body like butter. He was nicked here and there, a little of his own blood mixing with the puddles forming on the tiled floor. Mary began to multiply, her duplicate minions using their teeth to bite peoples' jugulars. She laughed maniacally, her voice echoing loudly in the thrown room.

"I can hold these pussies off," She yelled to the men. "You two follow the damn Marker!"

Adam immediately tugged Reynard's arm, pulling him out of the brawl.

"He went this way."

And they were on their way. To find Therese. To set things right. To kill William.

NOTE: If some curses are TOO much for you, I CAN edit this post and replace it with something more mild. Just in case, is all. I don't mind doing so. I just don't want to offend anyone, is all. But it was too precious to leave that bit out, at least for a little bit ^-^ Mary can get carried away XD

I just want to say this (I meant to include this a few posts ago) I drew the inspiration of Therese's 'Tattooes' from a character in Mockingjay part 1, Cressida:

Alt text

Only it wouldn't be on her head like it is on Cressida. Just her body, and in sparse lines down her legs/arms. So it's not necessarily ugly, but even I would be traumatized at getting something so permanent on my body with out my consent. You know? There IS significance to these markings, don't worry. It will be addressed in the next chapter :)

I hope you enjoyed this one, it took a while to get through.

I was in a parade today for my town. My legs hurt D: But it was fun and I hung out with my friends afterwards. Now I'm home, writing to you people. Thank you for listening to my life probs XD

• Wow that picture is a lot bigger than it looked on Google. Oh well.

The castle was heavily guarded. The trio was in the muddy moat under the bridge, listening for activity above their heads. "...So he says

• Oh man things are picking up! It's cruel what William did to Adam :( I wasn't a big fan of The Hunger Games (Please don't murder me XD) but those designs look kinda awesome for tattoos! Ah a parade I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid when I used to be able to go into town and see one. Well at least you had fun there doing so! Keep up the awesome work! :D

The castle was heavily guarded. The trio was in the muddy moat under the bridge, listening for activity above their heads. "...So he says

• In Another Time

Makoto lie in his bed that morning, when he realized he wasn't dead he jumped up and touched where the hole in his stomach would be.

What is this nonsense? Makoto thought, I thought I was dead.

He got up and got showered, threw on his clothes and went to where Bigbys office would be, when he walked in Beast was sitting at the desk.

"Hey how can I help you?" Beast asked

Makoto was confused what was Beast doing here? "I'm looking for Bigby." He asked

"Oh he's at the farm living with Snow White." Beast said

What is going on here? Makoto thought. He didn't reply he just walked out the door and started walking the streets. Things seemed different the world seemed like it was off balance. He came across a shop, so he walked in. There were a group of people walking and talking one man saw Makoto standing there and gawked.

"Makoto is that you?" The man said

"Hmmm? Yes who are you?" Makoto asked

"Wow this is really weird, I'm Tetra" He laughed "I wrote you up in a story thread!"

Now Makoto was absolutely confused, did he really write his story?

Tetra laughed "Don't worry the group I'm with did the same thing, In fact I'm sure their fables are walking around the world somewhere." He explained

"So if you wrote my story you killed my mother, Celeste, me, AND my father?" Makoto asked

"Yup, also sorry about that" Tetra said "I wanted a fresh start is all."

"You know you could've just, oh I don't know NOT killed us and gave us a little bit of a happy ending!" Makoto said

"Yeah but you see those way to much I had to put a little bit of a spin on it." Tetra said

"So let me get this straight" Makoto started "You and this group of people make us up on a story thread on the internet."

Tetra nodded "Yup there's me, EMMY, Lupine, Dragon, JJWolf, Pudding, Master, and No Hope" Tetra smiled

"And you all conveniently decided to hang out TODAY, when I supposedly woke up from death." Makoto said

"I guess so!" Tetra said

These people are clearly lunatics, they couldn't have really done this could they?

"Well, it was nice meeting you guys but I've got a place I've got to go to." Makoto said

"Uh, you do know you're still dead right?" Tetra said

"Hmmm is that right." Makoto said

"Yeah I talked about doing this type of thing so I figured I'd have you do this weird Max Payne type deal since I'll be gone from the forums till about January 15th."

"You know what? I don't even care anymore can we just wrap this up?" Makoto asked

"Yeah sure just let me do the ending part and everything will be back to normal." Tetra said turning to the group

"Well guys I hoped you liked that! Sorry I've been gone for a bit and sadly I won't be posting here for about a month" Tetra frowned "Although I will be able to look and I'll occasionally put a comment on your stories when I get the time though." He smiled again "So this is not goodbye but a see ya later! Everyone have a great christmas/whichever you may celebrate, and take care and be safe guys and I'll see you around!" Tetra smiled

• This was awesome XD I didn't expect that, quite honestly. At least you're sorry for killing him off, lol.

Don't worry. We'll see you when you get back :) Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays :D

Tetra posted: »

In Another Time Makoto lie in his bed that morning, when he realized he wasn't dead he jumped up and touched where the hole in his stomac

• He is. :) You did a marvelous job on it. Thank you again!!

I'm glad you and everyone sees the love I put into these stories; I wanted to do something different and I'm glad you allowed me into your world. :) I wanted to show Robert's love and his feelings for Lyla.

RJ is just to die for. He's the cutest. Now, on to this chapter. Noir made a point in your last shapter that the passion and love Rober

• He is the cutest thing and I wanted to give him that punk emo look as he turned into an adult. xD Pie did wonderful on the image. :)

RJ is so cute as a kid! And he's badass looking as an adult! I love it!

• That was a neat little something there, Tetra! :) Whatever you do this holiday season, have fun and don't be gone too long. Have fun!

Tetra posted: »

In Another Time Makoto lie in his bed that morning, when he realized he wasn't dead he jumped up and touched where the hole in his stomac

• edited December 2014

Why thank ya EMMY glad you liked it! :)

This was awesome XD I didn't expect that, quite honestly. At least you're sorry for killing him off, lol. Don't worry. We'll see you when you get back Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

Sign in to comment in this discussion.