Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• In Tales From The Borderlands, Sasha is voiced by Bonny's VA

• edited December 2014

AJ and Duck are named in the same way.

Duck aka "Kenny Jr." named after his father, and (probably) named by Kenny. (I'd assume he'd have a hand in naming him, but of course who knows for sure.) Has a nickname (also maybe given by Kenny?)

AJ aka "Alvin Jr." named after his "father," and named by Kenny. Has a nickname, given by Kenny.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2014

This reminds me, that's the thing that really disappointed me about Amid the Ruins. They had a lot of potential with it: there was a definite concept that they had there, they just didn't work on it hard enough

I liked how it acted as the series' emotional low point. Everyone's at wits end, and they're all starting to crack under the wear-and-tear of the world they live in, still recoiling from all the previous losses that have been dumped on top of them. The symbolism in the form of the lack of fire is one of the things that I think the episode did a great job with. It was subtle enough (at least in comparison to that damned statue), but still there. I liked how you had things like the juxtaposition of Kenny and Sarah in terms of how they both handled their grief (explosive vs implosive), or how normally resilient characters like Luke began to break apart, and how overall weakness and desperation began to shine through on various characters (Bonnie still showing guilt over her past actions, Rebecca beginning to break down and succumb to her vulnerabilities, both physical and mental, etc), as they really started to turn on one another at the time they needed to come together the most.

It's a shame they didn't try to build upon that concept. I liked Long Road Ahead for exploring this same general idea, but Amid the Ruins could have had the potential to top it if they tried harder with it, at least in my eyes.

Bokor posted: »

Fire in this series represents hope. Amid The Ruins, the most miserable episode as far as I'm concerned, had AJ's birth accompanied by the

• The end of Amid The Ruins was really building towards a confrontation between Luke & Kenny - the sudden forgiving attitudes of the group towards Clem/Kenny starting a gunfight by shooting Rebecca pissed me off because the writers just dropped a plot-line they'd been setting up. I understand this was likely because Telltale wanted a lighter moment (the fire scene) so that the characters would seem somewhat sympathetic and the episode wouldn't be 100% miserable, but as far as I'm concerned this was a writing fumble and a waste of potential.

On another note:

Carver's last line is a double-entendre directed to Clem/the player. "The fuck are you looking at, bitch? Don't act like you didn't love every second of it!"

Deltino posted: »

This reminds me, that's the thing that really disappointed me about Amid the Ruins. They had a lot of potential with it: there was a definit

• Don't forget "Omid Jr"...

sialark posted: »

AJ and Duck are named in the same way. Duck aka "Kenny Jr." named after his father, and (probably) named by Kenny. (I'd assume he'd have

• OJ & Clem.

And if Christa's baby was a girl, Omid would've called her CJ.

skoothz posted: »

Don't forget "Omid Jr"...

• I'm still impressed with how creative this all is.

OJ & Clem. And if Christa's baby was a girl, Omid would've called her CJ.

• And Molly's VA, and Snow White's VA.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

In Tales From The Borderlands, Sasha is voiced by Bonny's VA

• OJ doesn't sound right..

• OJ & Clem.

You mean like...orange juice and clementines? XD

• Whenever I hear AJ I think of apple juice, not Alvin Junior.

OJ & Clem. You mean like...orange juice and clementines? XD

• JUICE BOX CONFIRMED FOR SEASON 3!

Whenever I hear AJ I think of apple juice, not Alvin Junior.

• If u shoot lee he die.

• Like father like son.

Whenever I hear AJ I think of apple juice, not Alvin Junior.

• Papai, don't you start!

papai46 posted: »

If u shoot lee he die.

• ded

papai46 posted: »

If u shoot lee he die.

• edited December 2014

Oh my gosh!!! Now I'm pissed that Christa's baby didn't live. That is totally prefect for a title: "The Adventures of OJ and Clem" Why TellTale, WHY?!?!?!

OJ & Clem. You mean like...orange juice and clementines? XD

• Gary-OakGary-Oak Banned
    edited December 2014

If u dun brek ice bonie ded

• eye twitch

Gary-Oak posted: »

If u dun brek ice bonie ded

• Alright, this thread is falling off track again, we need to get it back on track.

If you decided to go and look for Luke and Kenny in A House Divided, Carlos will have bruises on his face for the rest of the game.

• Carlos was tough. It sucks how everybody remembered him as that "shitty doctor with da shed".

Alright, this thread is falling off track again, we need to get it back on track. If you decided to go and look for Luke and Kenny in A House Divided, Carlos will have bruises on his face for the rest of the game.

• Well he was a shitty doctor and an overprotective father.

fallandir posted: »

Carlos was tough. It sucks how everybody remembered him as that "shitty doctor with da shed".

• In S1EP1, it isn't necessary to hit walker Sandra in the face a fourth time.

• There also WAS a shed involved at one point.

Well he was a shitty doctor and an overprotective father.

• Thanks now i miss playing Wolf Among Us.. :(

Poogers555 posted: »

Save the thread ! Larry's voice actor is the same as the Butcher in Wolf Among Us and Larry died in the meat locker ! Coincidence? I think not !

• There are actually three ways to get Larry's heart attack to trigger:

1. Wait around long enough.
    2. Search everything besides the air conditioner.
    3. Go immediately to the air conditioner.
  • edited December 2014

Ah, here's another:

During the flash back of Season One [S2EP1] Lee will always appear in handcuffs during his death, even if you put them on the walker. Another is if you allow Clem to decide Lee's fate, Lee will either say "You have to shoot me" or "Leave me" during the flashback.

Edit: Almost forgot, if you're silent for most the game during EP4 Season One, Kenny will call Lee a mute.

• He helped Kenny after Carver beat him down though, it looked like he knew what he was doing. and I wouldn't blame him for being overprotective, I mean I understand why he was, girl had anxiety and he thought that keeping her away from the real world is the best solution.

Well he was a shitty doctor and an overprotective father.

• He couldn't tell a human (walker) bite from a dog bite, that's when he lost all credibility for me. And in a world like this, even if Sarah had problems, you can't be overprotective and try to shelter your daughter from what the world is. She needs to understand and know how to protect herself and survive, and it was because of Carlos and him babying her that caused her to die. It's times like this I wish Carlos had met a good friend of ours called Chuck.

He helped Kenny after Carver beat him down though, it looked like he knew what he was doing. and I wouldn't blame him for being overprotecti

• Carlos was probably overwhelmed by Sarah's condition, like he wasn't prepared to be a single dad and got lost in all of this.

Oh, how I miss Chuck. I loved the guy.

He couldn't tell a human (walker) bite from a dog bite, that's when he lost all credibility for me. And in a world like this, even if Sarah

• Chuck was fucking awesome, he died way too early and it feels like his only purpose was to tell Lee he needs to teach Clem how to survive. He was a great character and it would have been nice to see him live longer, and not die offscreen (seriously, Telltale needs to stop doing that).

Carlos was probably overwhelmed by Sarah's condition, like he wasn't prepared to be a single dad and got lost in all of this. Oh, how I miss Chuck. I loved the guy.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited December 2014

Almost forgot, if you're silent for most the game during EP4 Season One, Kenny will call Lee a mute.

I still love this

You can spend three whole episodes saying basically nothing, and only in episode 4 is he finally like "What the hell Lee"

Ah, here's another: During the flash back of Season One [S2EP1] Lee will always appear in handcuffs during his death, even if you put the

• edited December 2014

That's why I was intrigued by the amount of criticism towards Nick's death, when a clearly similar situation occurred with Chucks. But it's probably because Nick was easier to call him real, and more people could identify themselves with his character, while Chuck was nothing more than the random wise guy.

Chuck was fucking awesome, he died way too early and it feels like his only purpose was to tell Lee he needs to teach Clem how to survive. H

• Probably because Nick was around since the beginning of the season, he was one of the most developed characters of the cabin group, and to kill him off the way they did, after pushing him to the side in Episode 3, really pissed some people off. But I agree, to see everyone complain about Nick's death but not Chuck's gets on my nerves. At least Nick's death is determinant, Chuck dies the way he does no matter what you do.

That's why I was intrigued by the amount of criticism towards Nick's death, when a clearly similar situation occurred with Chucks. But it's

• Rest in Peace Fancy Charles, your candy, quitar and shovel.

Probably because Nick was around since the beginning of the season, he was one of the most developed characters of the cabin group, and to k

• OJ Simpson is clems new caretaker :D

• Clementine = 10 words
    Illuminati = 10 words

CLEMENTINE IS ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!

• Ahh, so it was the air conditioner the whole time !

There are actually three ways to get Larry's heart attack to trigger: * Wait around long enough. * Search everything besides the air conditioner. * Go immediately to the air conditioner.

• Lee hasn't talked in 4 months...

Come on lee what the hell man?

Deltino posted: »

Almost forgot, if you're silent for most the game during EP4 Season One, Kenny will call Lee a mute. I still love this You can sp

• air conditioner is illuminati

Poogers555 posted: »

Ahh, so it was the air conditioner the whole time !

Sign in to comment in this discussion.