Episode 2 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac, PS3/4 NA Feb 3 - XBox One/360 PS3/4 EU Feb 4 - iOS Feb 5

Comments

• And it contains sex

However nudity isn't checked off so either it's implied or it is a/several sexual reference(s).

OzzyUK posted: »

Episode 2 has now been rated by the Australian Classification Board And it contains sex

• edited December 2014

IIRC GoT Episode 1 also had been rated first, at the end of October if I'm not mistaken.

This pretty much confirms an early Febuary release.

Crips posted: »

Yesssss! Finally! ;D And also...Why GoT first?

• We can hope :D

IIRC GoT Episode 1 also had been rated first, at the end of October if I'm not mistaken. This pretty much confirms an early Febuary release.

• edited December 2014

I'd like TFTB first as well, only because I would prefer a steady balance of releasing when it comes to the two games. But I don' think GoT Ep.2 will come first. Like @EpicMustacheGuy said it will probably come early Feb, maybe a 1 or 2 weeks after TFTB Ep.2

I'd like TFTB first, but I'll be happy with both. ;P We'll see how life goes.

• Didn't Telltale say that all episodes would be out by the end of Spring? Episode 2 should be releasing within the next 2-3 weeks if they want to stay true to that timeframe.

I think an episode a month is a reasonable expectation.

• Or it could be like God of War. :P

dojo32161 posted: »

And it contains sex However nudity isn't checked off so either it's implied or it is a/several sexual reference(s).

• They never said they would all be released by spring. Unless you have a source to prove it.

Didn't Telltale say that all episodes would be out by the end of Spring? Episode 2 should be releasing within the next 2-3 weeks if they want to stay true to that timeframe. I think an episode a month is a reasonable expectation.

• It's hardly a solid source, but I'm pretty sure that it was a retweet of a Telltale employee. I'll try to find it right now.

They never said they would all be released by spring. Unless you have a source to prove it.

• edited December 2014

I didn't find the retweet, but I found an even better source, straight from Microsoft.

Game Description:Buy the Game of Thrones SEASON PASS for the best value on remaining episodes (Episodes 2-6 to be released periodically) in the six-part series once available to download. All Season Pass content will be available by Summer 2015.

Also, from IGN:

For the Game of Thrones and Tales of the Borderlands season passes, Microsoft says all content will be available by Summer 2015.

• So not spring, then we should still expect Telltale's one and a half to two month waiting period.

I didn't find the retweet, but I found an even better source, straight from Microsoft. Game Description:Buy the Game of Thrones SEASON

• Maybe they will release the last few closer together. Who knows.

So not spring, then we should still expect Telltale's one and a half to two month waiting period.

• edited December 2014

Summer 2015 could even be August, or September. Reminder that fall doesn't "technically" start till like mid-October.

So yeah, I would love to believe all 6 episodes will be out by June, but I doubt it.

I didn't find the retweet, but I found an even better source, straight from Microsoft. Game Description:Buy the Game of Thrones SEASON

• I think Summer 2015 suggests that it will be out by June/July. If it was going to take that long, they would have put Fall 2015 instead.

Summer 2015 could even be August, or September. Reminder that fall doesn't "technically" start till like mid-October. So yeah, I would love to believe all 6 episodes will be out by June, but I doubt it.

• Right, they might have, but June? Idk man, that just seems too soon for me. I've heard that Telltale used to be a lot quicker releasing episodes (pre-Walking Dead), but I don't know if they will go with that with this game. I'd also prefer if they took some extra time if it means the episode itself was longer and better.

I think Summer 2015 suggests that it will be out by June/July. If it was going to take that long, they would have put Fall 2015 instead.

• And it contains sex

Alt text

OzzyUK posted: »

Episode 2 has now been rated by the Australian Classification Board And it contains sex

• Sex: Moderate impact

D'ohohohoho~

• Alt text

Senrain posted: »

Sex: Moderate impact D'ohohohoho~

• You're probably right about June. You would think that 7-8 months is enough to crank out 4 episodes, but this is Telltale.

Right, they might have, but June? Idk man, that just seems too soon for me. I've heard that Telltale used to be a lot quicker releasing epis

• so if you buy the game do you get the other episodes for free when they come out or do you have to buy them kinda like a DLC thing? sorry for the silly question first game of this type.

• edited December 2014

You can buy the episodes separately or buy the season pass and get all of them as they are released at a discount.

Did you really think you would get all six episodes for $4.99?

Alt text

StarkCoyote posted: »

so if you buy the game do you get the other episodes for free when they come out or do you have to buy them kinda like a DLC thing? sorry for the silly question first game of this type.

• If you just bought episode 1 then yes you do have to buy the rest . However you can buy ep 2-6 together for a cheaper price. If you plan to play the whole game, you may as well

so if you buy the game do you get the other episodes for free when they come out or do you have to buy them kinda like a DLC thing? sorry for the silly question first game of this type.

• I understand it like this:

The Episodes will be back to back again.

Episode 2: TftB late January/ GoT early Febuary

Episode 3: TftB late March/ GoT early April

Episode 4: TftB late May/ GoT early June

Then the Season finale of TftB is coming earlier in late June.

Episode 5 (GoT): early August

Episode 6 (GoT): late September (summer officially ends on September 21)

• 5$ per Episode (NOT PC)

You can only buy all Episodes together on PC

• Good find!

I'd like TFTB first, but I'll be happy with both. ;P We'll see how life goes.

• IT´S EXTREME TORTURE! Wait... isn´t that what GoT is all about? :) Torture and pain!

GODDAMN IT THE ENDING FOR EPISODE 1 DOESN'T MAKE THIS WAIT ANY EASIER.

• Since when has Telltale kept to their so-called "time-tables"?

Didn't Telltale say that all episodes would be out by the end of Spring? Episode 2 should be releasing within the next 2-3 weeks if they want to stay true to that timeframe. I think an episode a month is a reasonable expectation.

• It's gonna be like the walking dead 204

And it contains sex However nudity isn't checked off so either it's implied or it is a/several sexual reference(s).

• On Xbox One you can also buy the season pass.

5$ per Episode (NOT PC) You can only buy all Episodes together on PC

• edited December 2014

Don't mind me, just waiting on Telltale to release episode 2...

Alt text

• Maybe then it'll be The Walking Dead Season Three around October and The Wolf Among Us Season Two in December? Although where will the MineCraft Story Mode fit in? :x

I understand it like this: The Episodes will be back to back again. Episode 2: TftB late January/ GoT early Febuary Episode 3: TftB

• You can buy the Season Pass on PlayStation 3

5$ per Episode (NOT PC) You can only buy all Episodes together on PC

• TWAU S2 isn't even confirmed ;~;

prink34320 posted: »

Maybe then it'll be The Walking Dead Season Three around October and The Wolf Among Us Season Two in December? Although where will the MineCraft Story Mode fit in? :x

• edited December 2014

;-; I hope it will be, plz TellTale!!! At least a TWAUS1 DLC and TWDGS2 DLC to boot? :3

TWAU S2 isn't even confirmed ;~;

• Do they make an announcement when the second episode releases in advance or on the day itself. First time playing a Telltale game.

• They announce the release date few days before the actual release, as far as I remember.

BboxXD posted: »

Do they make an announcement when the second episode releases in advance or on the day itself. First time playing a Telltale game.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Like @Crips said they normally give around 5 days notice that the episode will be released, normally they post the news about release dates on their Twitter, Facebook and Blog along with a episode trailer.

Do they make an announcement when the second episode releases in advance or on the day itself. First time playing a Telltale game.

• Actually about 10 days before they start dropping some screenshots and hints then about a week before the actual release they announce the release dates and a trailer.

• Nope, he always ends up with a knife in his throat, only your lordly title change.

• Ethan the Brave
    • Ethan the Bold
    • Ethan the Wise
  • Is it possible to save Ethans life in episode one?

Nope, he always ends up with a knife in his throat, only your lordly title change. * Ethan the Brave * Ethan the Bold * Ethan the Wise

Sign in to comment in this discussion.