Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Alt text

Deltino posted: »

Here's another thing that interested me: Back in A New Day, we see Kenny working on a blue pick-up truck. In No Going Back, we see him wo

• I wonder if that was a conscious decision. Either way, it's still a great connection!

Here's another thing that interested me: Back in A New Day, we see Kenny working on a blue pick-up truck. In No Going Back, we see him wo

• Not to mention that in the end he ended up subconsciously carrying out the same dictatorship ways his nemesis Lilly had taken during her breakdown in Long Road Ahead, right down to executing someone for a crime he had no concrete proof of.

Bokor posted: »

I wonder if that was a conscious decision. Either way, it's still a great connection!

• And then there's the ties you can make between him and the Stranger.

Lost his wife and children to a series of stupid mistakes? Check.

Fixates on separate individuals as surrogate child and lover? Check.

Hallucinates? Check.

Battles to the death over the custody of an orphaned girl? Check.

Can be shot by said girl while overpowering his enemy? Check.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Not to mention that in the end he ended up subconsciously carrying out the same dictatorship ways his nemesis Lilly had taken during her breakdown in Long Road Ahead, right down to executing someone for a crime he had no concrete proof of.

• Kenny's emotions are so powerful it can make his truck change color

• Mike is one of the people in the gang that shot Christa.

Oh I never knew that first one! Cool. Here are some that you might not know. I believe there was a monkey wrench in the train stat

• Nope, he was originally going to be, but Telltale changed that,

Mike is one of the people in the gang that shot Christa.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Next season we'll make him jealous

green trucks ahoy

Poogers555 posted: »

Kenny's emotions are so powerful it can make his truck change color

• I found that really interesting because it's like he's resolving the "What happened to his wife?" conflict from the very beginning of the game at the very end of the game.

In Season 1 EP5, if you tell the Stranger about Lee's wife, tell him that Lee's bit, and you opposed stealing from him, there will be an opt

• If you wanna talk about huge ass pockets, play any of Telltale's earlier games. Guybrush Threepwood fits a freaking busted off nose of an ancient artifact into his jacket pocket.

Oh- and I'm pretty sure Christa took off his bandage to check out his wound. Probably put it in her invisible huge ass pocket.

• I never realized that. I always just tried to grab the knife.

FetchWalker posted: »

Now when I'm replaying season 2 again, I'm finding so many interesting things that I didn't know before or pay attention to. For example

• I don't have pictures, but I'm pretty sure the walker in the shed in All that Remains was the police officer that shot that one prisoner and got bitten in Vince's story in 400 Days.

• People act like Nick was one of the greatest characters but in my play through I saved Pete so quickly only because without him Luke wouldn't of taken you with him but left you in the forest no doubt so I saved Pete I'm going to save Nick next time because you know... You people praise him.

Crips posted: »

Heh...Dead silent...So is Nick at the time, hehe...Because, y'know, he's dead...hehe... But yeah, it's empty without him.

• I dunno if anyone mentioned this, I haven't read the multitude of comments, but in Starved for Help when u first get to the dairy Brenda claims that Maybelle is sick; but after Katja arrives, Clementine tells Lee that Kat says maybelle could have her baby that night. Wouldn't dairy farmers and a vet know the difference between a sick cow and a pregnant cow? It's just a continuity error that's always bothered me

• Maybe it was both?

Aerie88 posted: »

I dunno if anyone mentioned this, I haven't read the multitude of comments, but in Starved for Help when u first get to the dairy Brenda cla

• Wow...those observations are actually kind of creepy, but still really cool.

And then there's the ties you can make between him and the Stranger. Lost his wife and children to a series of stupid mistakes? Check.

• If you save Doug, Carley dies.

• Gus please

shakes head

If you save Doug, Carley dies.

• Was there any confirmation of that? Chances are Mike's model was based off of once of the bandits that attacked Christa.

dojo32161 posted: »

Nope, he was originally going to be, but Telltale changed that,

• Yeah, someone posted an interview with Mike's voice actor (Dan White was his name I believe) a while back.

Was there any confirmation of that? Chances are Mike's model was based off of once of the bandits that attacked Christa.

• Lee could be compared to the Strangerfor many reasons too...

And then there's the ties you can make between him and the Stranger. Lost his wife and children to a series of stupid mistakes? Check.

• If that's true, then it's a missed opportunity to make Mike an interesting character than a random guy who tags along with the group just because.

Yeah, someone posted an interview with Mike's voice actor (Dan White was his name I believe) a while back.

Nick's one of my favorite characters in the game (he's somewhere in the top ten, at least), despite the fact that I went with Pete.

It's not like everyone likes him just because of the scenes you get from saving him. You don't really miss out on all that much. All the reasons to really like him are already there (or upcoming), saving him just gives you some icing on the cake.

People act like Nick was one of the greatest characters but in my play through I saved Pete so quickly only because without him Luke wouldn'

• You can actually skip most of his development scenes, don't accept his apology, save Pete and don't talk to him after the shooting on the bridge, he can look like a one dimensional a-hole.

Nick's one of my favorite characters in the game (he's somewhere in the top ten, at least), despite the fact that I went with Pete. It's

True enough. Although that's another thing that still interests me about his character; he's the first character whose development is almost entirely determinant. It's an interesting concept, too bad Telltale didn't seem to take note of some of the gold they were standing on with Nick.

You can actually skip most of his development scenes, don't accept his apology, save Pete and don't talk to him after the shooting on the bridge, he can look like a one dimensional a-hole.

• especially that women

fallandir posted: »

What a handsome family they are.

• i laughed so hard XD just made my day

• Things we didnt know? HA

• WHAT HOW?!

You can make Carver get bitten.

• Here we go... again... for the 5th time in this thread...

• edited January 2015
    • Bonnie never went to college, although she would have liked to.

• The only non-canon deaths for Luke that result in a game-over appear in Amid the Ruins.

• Clementine and Luke's birthdays are the only ones thus far celebrated in-game.

• Only 3 characters in season two had a five-episode run: Clementine, Luke, and Rebecca (if you count her corpse).

• Brian Bremer, Nick's VA, said that if he got to choose, Nick's last name would be McMillan.

• Dan White, Mike's VA, confirmed in an interview that Mike was originally supposed to be apart of the bandit group that attacked Christa. During the struggle, Mike's gun went off and hit him in the ear. This explains why part of Mike's ear is missing. However, this development was scrapped in favor of making Mike a "protector" of the group and kind-hearted. Part of his audition was having Clem find him in the forest and pleading for her not to kill him. [x]

• And whatever happened to that cow? o.o it just, disappears.

I dunno if anyone mentioned this, I haven't read the multitude of comments, but in Starved for Help when u first get to the dairy Brenda cla

• Ironic that the last time we see Mike, he betrays the group and tries to steal the truck and their supplies. Not exactly a "protector" of the group as how he was supposedly created.

To be honest, they should have gone with the original idea with Mike, since it makes his actions in Episode 5 a lot more in character.

quinnics posted: »

Dan White, Mike's VA, confirmed in an interview that Mike was originally supposed to be apart of the bandit group that attacked Christa. Dur

• edited January 2015

Yeah, why didn't they go with the original idea? Afraid that it'd seem racist to make the only black male character a bandit?

Plus I'd like to think that this would give a little more fuel to the Christa sub-plot.

Ironic that the last time we see Mike, he betrays the group and tries to steal the truck and their supplies. Not exactly a "protector" of th

• The determinant characters of Season 2 suffer the same manner of death:

Nick gets his throat torn out by a zombie either way.

Alvin gets shot to death either way.

Sarah gets eaten alive while Clem looks on from above either way.

Sarita dies from being bitten either way.

Kenny's deaths come from being shot by Clem.

• Nick McMillan, nephew of Peter Randall...

* Bonnie never went to college, although she would have liked to. * The only non-canon deaths for Luke that result in a game-over appear

• edited January 2015

That makes a lot of sense because I noticed that the character models for Mike and one of the bandits is almost identical, minus Mike's scars. Having Mike possibly know what happened to christa was definitely a wasted opportunity

Dan White, Mike's VA, confirmed in an interview that Mike was originally supposed to be apart of the bandit group that attacked Christa. Dur

• edited January 2015

I am really curious why they cut that subplot out from the game. It seems like a really serious attempt to remove any hints on the whereabouts of Christa. The only thing I can imagine is they're saving it for a DLC or Season 3 on what exactly happened. Even that guy at the river never shows up again and I found that really out of place, especially with how they set that scene up with the dramatic music and the decision too on if to give him water or not. It just always seemed like one of those things that would come back later on, maybe it still will because I seriously doubt that he's dead.

Still, dang it, it would've been cool if Mike had been one of those guuuuys. Without it he just seems like....he's there, and that's about it ;_;

That makes a lot of sense because I noticed that the character models for Mike and one of the bandits is almost identical, minus Mike's scars. Having Mike possibly know what happened to christa was definitely a wasted opportunity

• Luke is dead.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.