Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Katie would pay her sister back for watching THAT many kids at once. Luckily, she had that enormous home. Right npw, she was attempting to apply another layer of baby pink lipstick against her lips. It was nearly impossible with Jersey's insane driving tactics.

Sighing, Katie places the cap back onto the lipstick and leans against the seat. The radio was playing a Country song. An old one, at that; Katie recalled growing up and spending summer weeks at her grandparent's home. The Smith residence ALWAYS had Country songs playing. The one spilling from the speakers was a favorite to her papa John. Mark Chestnutts' "Going through the big D" stuck to her memories like a fly to a Spider's web.

"Jesus Chirst, Katie. COUNTRY songs?!"

"Don't even, Jersey." Katie leans forward to turn the volume up. "You KNOW we grew up with this type of music."

"Yeah but its all the same." Jersey peels into an empty lane beside him. "All the fuckin' same-"

"Oh and YOUR favorite period of music isn't?"

"HEY!" Jersey points his index finger at Katie. "Don't bad mouth Disco, Rabbit."

A loud honking echoed behind Jersey's vehicle. Jersey adjusts the mirror and glances back at an older driver, now shaking his fist.

"Fucking asshole." Jersey mumbles under his breath. "Swear to Christ, no one knows how to fuckin' drive in this town!"

"Well, dear, YOU are not exactly following the rules, either." Katie clings to the seat belt. "I'd like to eat and make it home to our adoring daughters in ONE piece-"

Jersey brakes without warning; the man behind nearly collides against the bumper of the car. Katie punches Jersey in the arm. Jersey, however, smiles and flips the driver off. He turns around and heads down another road.

"YEAH!" Jersey honks. "This fuckin' town THINKS they can fuck with us, eh Rabbit?"

Katie covers her eyes in embarresment. "Jersey...please. I hope to God you don't act like this at the restaurant..."

Jersey drives a few more blocks before reaching their destination. A quaint little Italian restaurant on the corner. Jersey pulls up to the Valet driver, hands the young kid the keys and a ten dollar bill.

"You so much as to touch the fucking change in the cup holder, I will-"

Before Jersey could finish his threats, Katie grabs his hand and guides him inside. The host greets the couple, takes two menus and leads them to the back. A single table with two chairs and a candle lit in the middle. Soft, Italian music played in the background. The sweet sounds of Violins, Harps and Opera seemd to relax Katie. Jersey was to preoccupied with the options before him.

"Shit...I don't know what HALF this fuckin' shit is!"

"Jersey!" Katie impales his shoe with her foot. "Watch the language! And you ARE from Jersey-half, if not more, are Italian."

Jersey looks over the menu. "That's a fucking lie and VERY racist remark there, Katherine."

"No, it actually isn't." Katie places the menu down. "Tell me this-when we GO into Jersey and the areas surrounding them, what ethnicity to you REALLY notice?"

"Eh, all mundies to me look the same. I don't give a fuck WHAT color you are or what your fuckin' background be. All I care, is mine."

"Which is-"

"Italian...I think. How the fuck should I know! Do YOU know your fuckin-"

"British, Irish, Cherokee, Portuguese and a dash of German. But you already knew that, dear."

Jersey sticks his tongue out just was the waiter returns.

"Welcome to Buon Pasto. What shall I take for your drink orders tonight?"

Katie answers first. "I'll have a glass of your fresh Ice tea. No lemon for me, please."

"And for you, sir?"

"Yeah. Give me a Coke, please."

"Excellent. Are we ready to order or-"

Katie picks up the menu. "I'll be ordering for the both of us since SOMEONE seems to have forgotten his Italian roots. We'll have the Insalata Caprese for the Antipasti and two orders of Cotoletta with Potatoes and one order of Rabbit Cacciatore."

"Excellent choices, ma'am. I'll place those right away."

The waiter leaves and returns with thier drinks. Impressed with his wife's sudden ability to speak Italian, Jersey leans across the table. The candle light seems to fade against his red hair; the light shines against the glasses and flickers like little lights in the sky.

"Wow, my Rabbit knows how to speak Italian....I didn't know that."

"Well, working in the Council, we tend to meet and greet a lot of Wolves that live in certain parts of Europe. It's nice, too, knowing another language."

"You're just full of surprises, Katie, to be honest."

"And why would you say that?"

"I've known you for fuckin' years, sweetie. DON'T try to pull this one from under my feet just yet."

Katie smiles and begins to rub Jersey's hand. "You were always so good to me...."

For as long as she could remember, Jersey was a huge part in her life. The man never seemed to leave; Katie used to believe he lived in the trees surround their home. This was proven to be false but every so often, she'd like to pretend he was guarding her from the creeps and spooks of the night. Especially in high school; Katie could recall a nice young man offering to take her to the Spring dance. That boy ended up in the hospital with three broken ribs, shattered pelvis and two broken arms. The boy never dared to cross Katie's path again.

Jersey laughs. "I tried to be, Katie. I had this sudden strange hunch for some fuckin' reason when ya' dad came back into town from the Farm. Something told me, I had to talk to him again...."

"Did you ever go to the Farm for-"

"Yeah. A year. Chained to the fuckin' ground like a dog. I was able to fly around from time to time but...I had to do what was needed."

Katie knew of the crimes both her father and Jersey commited YEARS before her conception. It never bothered Katie, nor did she ever view either of them any differently. That was the past. And nothing more. The waiter returned with their first side dish. Jersey picked at the food before him.

"Hey, I know what this is."

Katie giggles. "Ah ha-I KNEW you remembered some of the dishes."

"Calm down, Rabbit. Not heading down fuckin' Memory lane JUST yet."

"You think your sister and Grendel are still alive? I mean, we ain't going to walk in to a scene like that creepy movie....oh, what was it-fuckin' Children of the Corn, are we?"

Katie tries to hold back the laughter. "No, dear. Our girls are NOT spawn's of Satan. You're thinking of Mary and Junior."

"They are actually VERY well behaved kids. We all joke and make little smart ass remarks but to be honest, coming from her, I'm shocked."

"I adore them all. Especially pleased with Emily...very happy to see her smile like she did when I saw her."

Katie, like so many others in the family, was already preparing for Emily's funeral. They path she was heading on was dark, dangerous and no one was allowed in after her. Several times her parents sent Emily to Counseling and rehab but that only seemed to fuel the fire deep inside of Emily. Her abuse to alcohol sent her to the hospital three times and she overdoes twice on drugs. Katie never left her phone on at night but since the first inccident with Emily, Katie made sure the volume was turned up and phone was facing her while she slept.

It made Katie sleep better at night knowing her sister was safe and secure; Gren was always so good to her sister and Katie could not have asked for a better person than Gren. The quads brought joy to an empty spot Emily had vacant for so long. She adored those babies.

Jersey agrees. "It was nice seeing her so chipper and fuckin' smiling. Not all drugged out and slumping over the arm of a couch..."

Katie fell silent. "Yeah..."

"Oh Rabbit, no." Jersey wipes his mouth and touches Katie's face. "I was...I mean....fuck. Too soon?"

"No...I just remember all that happening to her. She lost all hope. Color to her face. Will to live, Jersey. She turned into what my father used to be: an ugly, rude, hopeless individual with no moral values or concern for others."

"Gren, too. I have not seen him at the bars since they began dating."

"Yeah. Holly says he rarely comes in and if he does, its to say hello and see his nephew."

"Oh yeah...the bar troll is pregnant. Peter's kid, right?"

"Yes. Peter....oh my dear, sweet Peter..."

Jersey grabs Katie's hand. "You didn't mean to be that way, Katie..."

"I hated my own brother...for years...all because I didn't understand."

"It's alright now, Rabbit." Jersey kisses Katie firmly on the lips. "He's been quite the help recently. What with the home and everything else."

"I'm glad they agreed to let him build that home for them. That apartment was too small. You've seen how curious those babies are."

Jersey chuckles. "Too much like their mother. AND aunt Katie. YOU used to get into all kinds of shit. Jeseu Christ, the shit you got into..."

As Katie chuckled, the Waiter returns with their meal. Katie and Jersey immediatly dig into the moist and tender meat of both the Rabbit and Fish. It had been AGES since Jersey had Rabbit this tender and flavorful. He holds a thumbs up.

"Man, the Council actually did SOME good, eh Katie?"

Katie pauses and looks at her plate.

"Jersey, I have something to ask you..."

"Shoot."

"Can we go to Remebrance Day this Friday? I really want to expose the girls to this and my parents are going; think Penelope and Johann are attendind, same as the others. Even Emily is taking Gren....please?"

"You REALLY wanna go to that silly thing, dear?" Katie nods. "Alright. I gotta get me a suit and-"

"Thank you, Jersey!" Katie claps and kisses Jersey on the cheek. "You are a doll. So good to me...I uh, have somehting else to tell you..."

"What is it, Rabbit?"

"Promise you won't get mad at me...."

Jersey eyes his wife. Concern began to flood his mind. "Uhh....okay...no. I won't get-Katie. What is it?"

"I took the position my papa used to have. That means we'll get a bigger home and I'll have more time off with the kids and-"

Jersey exhales. "OOOOOH man! That's wonderful-oh God, baby-that's wonderful! WHEW!"

"Uh, Jersey-"

"I thought YOU were going to tell me you're pregnant."

Katie nearly spits up her food. "Oh GOD, no! Thirteen is enough! We've been MORE than careful!"

Jersey wipes his brow. "Oh man....knowing my luck, MORE girls!" Jersey bites into his meat. "But I love them all dearly."

Katie smiles. "Happy Anniversary, Jersey."

"Happy Anniversary to you too, Rabbit. Love you, Katie."

The two continue to enjoy their meal. Peace and quiet, with just the music playing softly in the background.

Any questions, you know the drill. :3

• edited February 2015

-slaps forehead- I should have known! Ya' tricked me, Dragon! xD Knowing my luck...I'd run into those type of people. Hell, I'll sit there with Pie and watch the game! F it! xD

I was kidding with the pie thing, ya dope. ;D It'd be really out-of-the-ordinary for people to having a pie during a sports game anyway.

• Maybe JJ will ask where everyone got their inspiration next time.

I MAY just do that! Great idea! I'd love to hear what ya'll have to say!

LupineNoir posted: »

It's satisfying to know that you think the current stories do him justice, as well as Dixa's addition being a good one and Cindy's presence

• YAY! I was wondering when you'd return to the prologue...:) I like reading these.

I know Gren is having a moment but that was uncalled for. I can't sau I HATE the manl he's only reacting in a way Georgie was prepared to face but to weild a knife like that? Calm ya' damn tits down, Gren! Sheesh! So, he has NO feelings right now for Georgie, considering the whole knife thing that has officially connected him and Emily?

I love Nancy, that stay-at-home-mom southeren belle with a fiesty kick to her! :D

Oh Malcom....dear, sweet Malcom. I see what you did there....

And little Lyla! DAAAAW! With Georgie! <3 I love knowing SHE makes all the bad thoughts go away; its sad, really but Georgie will lesrn in time. :) All I can say is John shirtless......YUM YUM, Pie!!!! XD

Great section! I'm looking forward to more with Georgie's past.

pudding_pie posted: »

Prologue Some time ago.... Georgie laid in bed, eyes peeled and looking at the ceiling. The painting on the wall-a blasted, yellow pas

• "I thought YOU were going to tell me you're pregnant."

Katie nearly spits up her food. "Oh GOD, no! Thirteen is enough! We've been MORE than careful!"

XD XD I nearly knocked my lunch when I read this part. At 1st, I thought the same thing; I was like, 'NO WAY!!! Katie preggers again?!' Can you imagine....UGH! That poor man! XD

Jersey driving reminds me of my uncle. :P THINKS its everyone else but in all honesty....lol

I adore Katie and Jersey; they are that couple that yells, fights, screams and waves their arms around but you can see the love these two had. I noticed it back when you were telling her tale while still working at his shop. :) Ah, so long ago...memories. And them, um, having 'alone' time in his office. Didn't Penny walk in on them....XD

OH and Remembrance Day! I recall that in the comics; I can't wait to see how THIS pans out. And Its sad to know Emily's family was preparing for the worse. I'm not sure how to react to that, really.....at least Gren saved the day. :) I adore Gremily. <3 Also, it was nice to see these two have SOME alone time. :p

Katie would pay her sister back for watching THAT many kids at once. Luckily, she had that enormous home. Right npw, she was attempting to a

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited February 2015

"You're beautiful, its true. I saw your face, in a crowded place. And I don't know what to do...cause I'll never be with you."

Robert paced near the tiny window by the front door. He was waiting for the white Honda. For any sign that she didn't forget. He knew better than to think of such things. Lyla would never cross that line and create chaos for either of them, especially the kids. But Robert viewed too many cases were one or both of the parents lashed out and used the kids as pawns. Sick, twisted games they'd play and unfortuantly, the kids had to deal with the shit pieces that were left behind.

Robert didn't want that. Although he kept the mark on his arm and would always secretly hope Lyla would love him the same way, Robert still has his worries. Georgie was a decent man and would never step a toe in that direction. Same with John and Nancy; they were actually pleased to see them ALL get along for the sake of the kids.

RJ was a smart kid and understood what was taking place; he was old enough to understand that he spent some time with mommy and daddy Georgie, his siblings, than would visit his daddy. RJ was pleased to have so many family members, from what Robert picked up.

He and Lyla had it all figured out: Sunday through Wednesday afternoon was with Lyla and Georgie; Robert would pick RJ up from school and from Wednesday night through Sunday morning, he'd have his son. Robert had a moment of weakness and stupidity during the custody hearing; ranting and raving, he swore to take full custody because he didn't want a 'murderer' around his boy. Snow White was the one to hold the trial and speerated the two parties with her thoughts and ideas on hos it should be handled.

Robert lost visitation rights for two weeks; he needed to consider the well being of his son and not focus his entire life on the relationship Lyla and georgie now had. It was not Robert's place. Georgie treated RJ as if he created the boy himself; he never ignored, hit or spoke to RJ in a crude and unusual way. And RJ adored his mother, step father and his siblings, especially Peter.

Robert sat on the couch and turned the television on. He needed to clear his mind from such silly thoughts. The show in front of him was a cooking program. The woman had three baskets before her and her challenge was to create a meal from it all: Squid, Mint and a Bottle of Wine. Ewww, thought Robert.

He could BARELY boild noddles for RJ's dinner. Now, here was this woman, making a five course meal from nothing. The brakes outside his apartment indicated to Robert Lyla was here. Robert stood up, ran to the front and opened the door.

Holding his usual Spiderman bag, RJ steps out from the passenger seat and runs up to Robert. Arms out, he craddles the boy in his arms; Although RJ was eleven now, Robert still held onto the precious little boy in his arms as if he had just turned one. Robert began to kiss RJ all along his face.

"Ugh dad, stop!" RJ squirmed in Robert's grasp. "Dad, you're embarrasing me!"

"Good..." Robert held on tighter. "Oh my boy....my boy..."

Lyla locks the door. The homking sound echoed all around the buildings. "Sorry I'm late, Robert. I didn't think traffic was that bad."

He couldn't stay mad at Lyla. Although h wanted to curse, scream and point the finger like those men on the programs, he knew better than that. He could never...

"It's all cool, Lyla." robert pats RJ's shoulder. "Go on up and put your things away."

"Okay. Bye, mom! I love you!"

"Love you, baby. I'll call you tonight, okay?"

Blowing his usual kiss, RJ runs up the stairs and into the apartment. Robert chuckles, as Lyla moves closer. Robert could immediatly smell her tradmark scent. Flowers. Always Flowers.

"He's hyped up on so much sugar. My mom came by and brough off some cookies."

"Aw and you didn't bring me none? Lyla Jane I'm surprised in you."

Lyla beams. "Don't you EVEN start with me, mister. I hear Swineheart has YOU on a very strict diet."

"Eh, its nothing-"

"High blood sugar is nothing, Robert? Please...mundy illnesses are nothing to fuck around with here."

She seemed so concerned. "Lyla, I'm not worried about it. Swineheart said that I have it under control."

"It's all that shit you've been eating: ships, soda, fast food....don't get me STARTED on those little Peep marshmellow candies!"

"Hey, what can I saw...I have a weakness for things sweet."

Robert winks in Lyla's direction. This caused her cheeks to turn as red as the sky was from the setting sun. Robert wanted nothing more than to pin Lyla up against the car, pull her skirt up and aggresively make love to her. The smell alone that lept from her body was making it difficult to control and remain glamoured.

"Oh stop it, Robert. Please. He needs his dad and-"

"He's got me forever, Lyla. Remamber. I'm a FABLE...we are hard to kill."

"Well, Folker Wolves liver forever, too but I had a uncle that dies from a heart attack BECAUSE his diet was shit. Please, Robert..."

"Alright, alright. I'll be good."

"His homework is in the bag he brought. MAKE sure he practices his times tables. He's having a difficult time, especially with the eights and nines."

Robert rolls his eyes. "I was so terrible at that shit."

Lyla unlocks the car. "Ah, so I WAS right-it is genetics."

Robert smiles. "Hey now, he'll get it. If he's anything like his mom-"

Lyla sits in the driver's seat, buckles up and starts the car. "Well, I'll call around seven. Make sure he takes a bath and goes to sleep. He's been sneaking up and reading his damn comic books again..."

"I promise, Lyla. He's golden."

Oh how he wanted to lean forward and kiss thouse pouty lips. But Lyla must have known what he was thinking; she rolled the windows up, waved and was gone before Robert could say another word. He turned to return to his two bedroom apartment. Sitting on the floor, was RJ and his many Spiderman comics.

"Hey dad-wanna join me!?"

Robert smiled, sat on the floor and joined his son.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,``,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,``,,,,,,,,,`,

Any questions or comments, leave them below. :D

• (Looking at you, Gren and Georgie XD).

That would be hilarious to see or read and picture....XD

Woah, Celeste is something of an aggressive drunk. XD I've lost track of quite who has gotten naked, kissed, or will be spending the night together, but for some of them I doubt they'll want to remember. (Looking at you, Gren and Georgie XD).

• Yes, I think he ends up finally loving a woman genuinely, though I still doubt his ability to stay faithful. It implies that they marry eventually in one of the last issues of Fables, the one that has 'The Last Story of Prince Charming' in the back.

He totally turned from a hated character to one with a lot of respect under his belt for me as well. I especially liked it when he defended Snow and Bigby and fought Bluebeard to the death. He was a much better mayor than Cole is, in my opinion.

I'm not entirely sure. She might be preparing for him to come for them, as it seems he's making his way over to the Farm to kill the kids, however we have yet to be sure, since it's very possible that he now has a bit of control over his actions, even though he still has a bit of feral-ness to him. I suppose the last two issues will tell us!

HazzatheMan posted: »

I haven't yet read Fairest Volume 3 but I do own it... Charming ends up with Nalayani correct? Charming to me was a character whose devel

• Eventually :D Carter is muh lil babey :3 lol, I think he's in a good place too :) Maybe one day, in the future, I'll do something with him.

I'm sure Winter will find herself a very loving man. And if not, she can do bad all by herself. Those are indeed quite a bit of people to c

• Exactly XD I tried to imply that he didn't quite realize it was Bigby's daughter, though he was a bit skeptical at first. He put those feelings aside and went in for the kill XD

In the end, it's similar to how Bigby and Snow had their cubs, unintentionally, and where it's brought us today :) Harmony loves both her parents despite the way things originally were.

Prince Charming after he leaves the bedroom: "Oh yeah, totally made love to a winter goddess without even intending to do so. Score one for

• I wrote that a while ago (Seriously, a LONG time ago) When Harmony was still her childish self and Mary was her BFF and when Mary had her first baby (My little Carter T.T) and they were hanging out a bit with Jack and Tim. He finds out when he's visiting Fabletown with his Fiancee, Nalayani. Approximately 5 or so years after all of it happened.

Charming really can melt all hearts, can't he! Although it was an incredibly brief affair Winter and Charming had, the results of it really

• Oh heavens, no! xD Katie and Jersey are through with having kids; you won't see her ever pregnant again. Promise!

Yes; I'll doodle a few little pages to show Gremily all formal and ready for the big day. I've been wanting to include this day for some time but didn't now QUITE how to do so....

JJwolf posted: »

"I thought YOU were going to tell me you're pregnant." Katie nearly spits up her food. "Oh GOD, no! Thirteen is enough! We've been MO

• I'm really glad you kept the peace between them for so long; I know it must be hard for Robert to pretend and place a fake smile on when he sees Georgie and Lyla. But he's a good daddy and should never doubt that.

For a second there, I thought they were going to kiss. xD RJ is too cute with his comics!! :)

"You're beautiful, its true. I saw your face, in a crowded place. And I don't know what to do...cause I'll never be with you." Robert pac

• edited February 2015

Alt text

Can see Weasel and Tez doing this after every battle. xD

Damn, Etan! MY character was saved for last in this battle....hopefully the others picked a Porgie ready for battle! >:D

MasterStone posted: »

Chapter 5, Interrogation More riots continue on the streets of the city and from the looks of it, the Mundies seem to have the upper hand

• Problems...

Makoto woke up with a pounding headache, did he really have a hangover? He didn't drink that much he thought, although that's probably what everyone says when they have a hangover. Celeste wasn't in bed he looked around and found her in the restroom.

"Drink too much?" He asked

"Shut up!" She laughed

He sat beside her. "Do you remember anything last night?" He asked

"Not really....just that I had too much to drink." She said

Ah so she doesn't remember Makoto thought, should I tell her? Like Bigby taught him he went off instinct and decided to tell her.

"Do you want to know the whole thing?" He asked

"If there were any funny bits yeah sure." She said

Makoto began to tell her about the night they had all the way till now.

"Wait we did what!?" She said with a bright red face.

Makoto nodded but was always puzzled about why her face went red he felt her forehead.

"What're you doing!? We could be in a real bad situation!" She exclaimed

Makoto was puzzled even further and gave her a confused look.

"You moron I could be pregnant! We could have a kid!" She sounded upset.

"Well its not all that bad I guess. Snow always told me that married people have kids." Makoto said

"What do you mean it's not all that bad! What if I don't want a kid!?" She said

"You don't want kids?" Makoto asked he seemed to look sad and dissapointed.

"Well i-its not that I don't want kids its- I can't answer it right now!" She said

"Oh okay take all the time you need then if you don't want the kid then just say so. You do know I love you right? I'll stand by whatever decision you make." He said getting in the shower.

Celeste was speechless, what was she going to do? All she could say was "I love you too..."

When Makoto got out of the shower he didn't know whether he should talk to Bigby or Snow or both about this and what he should do. He decided to ask both at the same time. When he asked Bigby to follow him into Snows office with him so he could ask them a question he was puzzled yet intrigued on what it was.

"Well what is it kid?" Bigby said in anticipation.

Makoto began to explain what had transpired last night and this morning. When he got to the point that he said Celeste might be pregnant Bigbys cigarette fell out of his mouth and Snow was speechless. He asked what he should do and that he was afraid to end up alone.

"Hey kid I don't know what to really say, but she seems to really like you I doubt she'll leave." Bigby said trying his best to give advice.

Snow hugged him "Sweetie there's no need to worry. We'll all help no matter what happens."

"Yeah you're not going through this alone, we're all family." Bigby smiled

Back in Makotos apartment

Celeste was crying in bed, she didn't know what to do. She felt as if she had ruined both their lives. She was ready for marriage but a kid? What was she going to do. Makoto said that he'll always stand by her and that he loves her but what if they were just words....but he's never lied to her before why would he start now? Thoughts kept spinning around and around in her head. After a while there was a noise in the bathroom.

"My my Celeste sweetie you seem to be in a rough spot!" Bloody Mary said walking out of the bathroom.

"M-mother!? What do you want?" Celeste sounded scared.

"What? Can't a mother come and give her daughter some advice?" She said

"What? To abandon the baby and the father like you did with me!?" Celeste said angrily

"No actually." Mary looked irritated "I think the exact opposite thank you."

"What're you really after why the sudden change of heart? What's in it for you?" Celeste asked

"Look...I know what I did was wrong but as an excuse-" Mary was cut off by Celeste.

"There IS NO EXCUSE! Do you want to know what happened to me? I grew up and lived on the streets my whole life! I've already been married and he turned out to be abusive!" Celeste said with tears rolling down her eyes.

"Do you think I liked that!? Being a monster isn't always fun Celeste!!!" She roared and continued "Sure you may have had a bad marriage before but that doesn't mean it'll stay that way! I've watched over you too ever since you met and that man loves you more than you could imagine! If you are having a child and don't want it that's fine! But don't throw away something that's in perfect condition." Mary said

Celeste was shocked she never thought the ruthless Bloody Mary would say anything like this. She hated her mother but...she felt like she could jump out of bed and hug her right now.

"What I'd do is just wait it out, also tell the kid how you really feel speak up he can't hear your thoughts." Mary said "Now I'm leaving, don't do anything stupid." She said walking back into the bathroom.

Back in Snows office

"Are you sure? I have a bad feeling about this." Makoto said

"Just put all the cards on the table. Any woman would adore that." Snow said.

Makoto had a bad feeling about this, he was scared of the outcome of what could happen the thought of being alone like that again was the worst thought he's ever had.

"You want me to go get the flowers with you kid?" Bigby asked

Makoto nodded and said that he'd like the company. Snow wondered if she should go to but decided against it to have their bonding time. Bigby and Makoto left to the mall to get some flowers for Celeste...

That's it! Thought I'd give my hand at an emotionalish type part although I don't know I liked writing it I've just never been good with this type of stuff. I originally was going to have this as a Dewitt and Mary part but decided to do that next time. Any questions or comments or anything else let me know! :D

• Isaac took several deep breaths before entering the room. The hour had come, and so the funeral service was now proceeding. His spot was in the very first row of the chairs, in between his sister and his brother. Harmony was done crying, and just looked stone cold now. Mason was still pissed looking, a scowl forever across his lips. He leaned his head on his hand and his posture was poor, something their mother would have normally corrected, in lighter circumstances. The speaker whom was chosen was Bigby, his grandfather.

Bigby stood reserved at the front, his own expression unreadable. He never was a man made to be charismatic, but he was able to get the point across effectively, and the amount of respect that came with being Bigby Wolf had put him in this position. For the first time Isaac had ever seen, his grandfather wore a suit-like outfit, appropriate for the current situation. Behind him was the casket, open on one half, to reveal Dare's lifeless face.

A pang of feelings washed over Isaac thinking about it. Nausea and grief, with a bit of disbelief. He still, still couldn't quite grasp his brother's death. He wondered what Dare's last thoughts were. He remembered cowering between a log and a snowbank, yelling at Dare but doing nothing to stop his brother. He knew the guilt he was feeling was misplaced; After all, Charlotte had shown him a plethora of things he needed to know. He needed to forgive himself, most of all. It may take time, Isaac had realized, but it would be worth it in the long run.

The room was packed, most being distant relatives. Living in the North Wind Kingdom was both a lonely affair, as well as the most social one. Royalty came with friends, but they weren't the lasting kind of friend. He turned his head for a brief moment, to scan the crowd of mostly unrecognizable faces, people from distant lands, who are only attending out of respect for his mother. Then, closer, were the faces he knew like the back of his hand. His father. His aunts, his uncles. Nieces, nephews, family friends. Rose Red. Tezoth. Hans and Mary, and their children. So many people, not enough time to list them off in his head without getting stared at funny. He directed his attention back to Bigby, fixing his glasses frames back up his nose. The vest he wore felt constricting, and he couldn't wait to peel it off and collapse against his bed.

Snow, his grandmother, took a spot standing next to Bigby when he seemed a loss at words, and she helped run the rest of the service by. "We will now show our last respects. One at a time, each person from each row, if you will please rise and form a line, starting at there..."

Isaac rose to his feet, falling into place in between his brother and sister, just as before. Harmony was in front of him, whereas Mason was behind. He couldn't help but notice how tall he was compared to them, probably a feature he inherited from their mother. She was a tall woman. The leader of the line was Winter, in a totally out-of-the-normal dark dress that reached her feet. It was thin, and curved around her body, and the sleeves went down her arms to her wrists. Her hair was up, and she wore earrings and a chain necklace around her neck. Her hands were folded tightly around each other and in front of her, as she willed herself forward. She had a grace in her step, and yet Isaac could still sense the force in it as she came forward.

Closer, he reached the casket himself. Harmony was on her knees at the side of it, her husband rubbing he back gently as she placed a sisterly kiss on Dare's cold forehead. Isaac's body shook overwhelmingly as he stepped forward, now the one facing the casket. This was it. This was the last time he would see his brother, the last time for final words.

He knelt where Harmony had, his knees digging into the little pillow stand set there. He folded his hands together, stared at Dare's face and felt a tear escape before he could stop it.

"I..." He whispered, soft enough for no one to hear. "I'm sorry this had to happen. Rest well, in the afterlife, Brother." And he too, kissed the forehead of his fallen sibling. He was helped up by the hand of his grandmother, who'd sensed his trouble moving fluidly. Snow placed a hand on his back as she walked him out of the room slowly, looking back periodically as the line shifted.

It was done.

Charlotte saw everything. She could see all of the possibilities. All of the outcomes. She could add the elements together, and yet it was still greatly unpredictable. She couldn't make these people do what she wanted them to. She could only guide them, until there was nothing left she could do. But today, she had done enough to change a heart. She watched, invisible to those around her, standing in the middle of the room, as her uncle wept against his grandmother's shoulder softly. He was letting it all out, all of the bottled up emotions. His tears streaked his scruffy face, and he wiped his eyes with his jacket sleeve, but Charlotte could see all the tension in his face was completely gone. Her eyes wandered back behind her, as Mason was stood near the casket. She could sense danger rolling off of him. The outcomes were much graver for that sibling. After all, his fate was to have a heart as cold as stone. That could mean many things, but right now, she feared for him. He wasn't crying as he stepped away, but rage boiled underneath of the wrinkles in his brow, a rage that would not be contained for long. She sighed, embracing the fact that her next mission was going to be very, very soon, and it would deal with a lot more emotion than the first one.

Brushing those thoughts aside, she looked down at her time-watch. It was nearly dinner, in the future. She would have to deal with this all another day. At least she could check one person off of her far too long list.

Go Charlotte ^-^ Yeah, she's a sort of 'Elizabeth from Bioshock'-ish character, which was originally unintentional, but after I thought about it, it actually made sense. You could interpret her role of fixing things in that way, which means that maybe the characters we see in video games and on television could exist in their own sort of homelands, too. Something to think about :)

• I never wanted to create hostility towards one another. They BOTH have enough to deal with. Plus, all the stories YOU'VE told 'bout your own folks...no thank you. :( Would never put RJ through that....and he is too cute!!

I'm really glad you kept the peace between them for so long; I know it must be hard for Robert to pretend and place a fake smile on when he

• Oh okay than. XD I wasn't too sure if you were hinting a possible unexpected pregnancy between Katie and the Jersey Devil but you're right....13 is quite enough. XD I wonder how many times Jersey has heard that Let it Go song....

OH I can't wait!!!!

Oh heavens, no! xD Katie and Jersey are through with having kids; you won't see her ever pregnant again. Promise! Yes; I'll doodle a few

• I dub thee sir dorkus of the Create your own Fable thread, pie. XD

-slaps forehead- I should have known! Ya' tricked me, Dragon! xD Knowing my luck...I'd run into those type of people. Hell, I'll sit there with Pie and watch the game! F it! xD

• Hey there Fable contributers!

It's time for another question in regards to your Fable! We all know about the stories and what might have been....now, tell us HOW or what inspired you to create your wonderful Fable! Were you bored? Watching a video? Character from a game? Books?

My 1st Fable (which bombed) was inspired by my boredness in History class. Upon a few random doodles, my character was born. However, he was boring and not as cool as the other Fables on here. SOOOO, after some debating and brainstorming, I came up with Gren's brother Robert. :3 Thankfully, after much begging, pleading and a few trips to McDonalds, Pie allowed me to enter his world and stick Robert in with the others. The design was a challenge; the 1st doodle looked TOO much like Gren and the 2nd.....oh God...kill it with fire!! :0

So, to all you fine writers-what inspired you to create your lovely Fable? So curious as to how everyone's minds work!!

• My OC Luke is based off of Tohru Adachi (my avatar) except I made a few tweaks in his personality and of course appearance wise with his abilities. :D

Hey there Fable contributers! It's time for another question in regards to your Fable! We all know about the stories and what might have

• edited February 2015

Lyla came to me out of nowhere; I was playing around with some ideas (I've shown what Lyla USED to look like :3) The idea of her being a Werewolf was always there. No doubt about that. Her design ALMOST looked like Jessica Rabbit from 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' but I didn't want to make it TOO sexual themed and not focus on HER as a character. :)

She was originally supposed to hook up with Grendel and have a family with HIM, not Georgie. But Lyla and Georgie seemed to make more sense; to be honest, glad it worked out that way. :3 Gren & Emily are way better together. Same with Georgie and Lyla.

Her story would quickly follow and the rest is history...:D

Hey there Fable contributers! It's time for another question in regards to your Fable! We all know about the stories and what might have

• The Last Story involving Charming was called 'The Toxic Dream'... I feel that story needs to be continued cuz it involves 'Multiple Fables' as well as Charming going off to kill Sinbad!!!!

Bigby... I want his reunion with Snow to start out with a very heated argument about how she got him killed etc. then at the end of it all the two are obviously furious with each other... you know what I want to happen next XP

The next morning they wake up in each others arms and share a tender moment with each other; I want tears to be shed and confessions of undying love to be said. Bigby and Snow love each other more than anything, and when the Cubs all leave then they will only have each other XD

EMMYPESS posted: »

Yes, I think he ends up finally loving a woman genuinely, though I still doubt his ability to stay faithful. It implies that they marry even

• Nick actually came from this forum. A while back when Ep.5 had just been released, someone posted a thread of 'Potential villains for Season 2' and one of those villains was the Nuckelavee. I was fascinated by it's origins and it's freakish appearance, so I imagined it being a main villain in Season 2.

I came up with it's glamoured form and gave it the name Nick (it sounds like a shortening of Nuckelavee) The link to the 4 Horsemen came when I decided that cuz the Nuckelavee is a giant horse with a rider attached to behind it's neck, it would make some sense if he were a subject of the 4 Horsemen...

And the rest is history :D

• Pulp fiction ftw.

The associate part just makes me think of: And, XD

• edited February 2015

Oops posted in your comment, lol

Nick actually came from this forum. A while back when Ep.5 had just been released, someone posted a thread of 'Potential villains for Season

• I kinda created my first character Draco out of the blue. I also enjoy dragons and their origins and gotten some inspiration from the Fable comics. From reading my past stories as you can see, I really enjoy action and adventure so I drew some inspiration from various movies, books and video games also too create my characters.

Draco's dragon breed greatly resembles those of a Chinese dragon with a European dragons feature. He's a cross breed of the two (His father never told him..) which is why he is overpowered like Goku from DBZ lol..

• Well, it was last March (Holy bejeezus!) that this post was originally made, and it caught my eye, because back then I was all over the Telltale Community and posting crap and opinions and such, and so since I'd read all of the comics, and this challenge (Start a Story, be your own Fable.) struck me as quite interesting. I used to hate fanfictions, because most of the time they go in directions the author would never intend to go, but as I wrote my story, and as I read Pie's, and Dragon's, and Lupine's, and Tetra's, and MasterStone's, and Mark's tales, I began to warm up to the idea of going off-canon. Although, that was a long while later of course. The idea of Harmony came to me over the course of a couple of days in between my first post on this forum. I imagined the daughter of the North Wind, because at the time, Winter in the comics was able to take on any form she wanted, and was essentially ageless and wise. It seemed like a good idea, and I also thought that maybe Charming wasn't quite done with his womanizing shenanigans, and there may have been a lot of improvisation as I wrote XD I pictured Harmony looking like Snow and Winter (as Snow and Winter look very much alike in some ways) with fair skin, mostly black hair with a few streaks of blue (As Winter's hair is very light blue/whitish with a few streaks of black) and super childish, since she was technically still a child herself. I wanted her to have all brothers, because being the only girl made her special in a way. She had the same sort of excitement that I would have, if I were able to stroll along Bullfinch Street and meet my favorite characters. I put a lot of myself into her, since it's supposed to be 'my' fable. Originally her name was going to be Bliss, but I forgot that another character in the comics had that name, so I quickly fixed it and the name Harmony just sounded perfect for her. She was born a Zephyr, but being the daughter of the North Wind means she can take any form she wants as well. Human is her favorite though ;) The rest, as everyone else is saying, is history!

• edited February 2015

You had to annoy pudding to let you integrate your Grendel character in with his story? Dang, I always thought he let you include him with no hassle. XD

On the other hand, my Tezoth was inspired by Corvo Attano and Daud from Dishonored: a video game in which you play as a personal body guard that gets framed for an empress' murder. To that I thought would be perfect for a thieves' background to come from.

In a few of my drawings I made of Tez in his human form, I've tried modeling his face after the two - but just eventually went my own way of drawing him during the drawing sessions.

As for Fayde: she was inspired by a certain Irish folklore legend I'm not going to share just yet - but I bet most of you figured out what she is already. :P

• edited February 2015

You had to annoy pudding to let you integrate your Grendel character in with his story? Dang, I always thought he let you include him with no hassle. XD

@JJWolf ya' need to shut it, man! xD Make it sound like you followed me EVERYWHERE to include Robert. It was ONE trip to McDonalds and ONE week of thinking, ya' dweeble! xD

Anywyas, I remember joining and your story was the 1st one that I read; Tez & Snow went to a diner and Bloody Mary was the waitress. Glad you included Rose into Tez's world. XD As for Fayde, I love this girl!

You had to annoy pudding to let you integrate your Grendel character in with his story? Dang, I always thought he let you include him with n

• You just reminded me that I need to finish Dishonored...

I prefer Corvo to Daud though...

You had to annoy pudding to let you integrate your Grendel character in with his story? Dang, I always thought he let you include him with n

• Okay so it wasn't that many times but it still took time. But I get why. Just glad you let me into your world sometimes. :)

Also, I remember reading about Tez and all the other Fables. Isn't your character a their himself? :) perfect, considering he's with Rose.

• I love Bliss! Glad you stuck with Harmony, though. I suits her best. :)

Well, it was last March (Holy bejeezus!) that this post was originally made, and it caught my eye, because back then I was all over the Tell

• Reading her and Georgie's story is one of the reasons why I joined this site. I adore these two. <3 and so glad you kept hem together!

Lyla came to me out of nowhere; I was playing around with some ideas (I've shown what Lyla USED to look like ) The idea of her being a Werew

• Ahh, was that the time when Harmony had a birthday party at the manor and didn't tell Winter she'd invited Charming? I hope it is and that I'm not getting mixed up! When Harmony was young and Mary and Carter were sort of by themselves seems so long ago.

I wrote that a while ago (Seriously, a LONG time ago) When Harmony was still her childish self and Mary was her BFF and when Mary had her fi

• The process you went through in thinking of Robert, then persuading Pie with 'begging, pleading and a few trips to McDonalds', and finally the design is really interesting to know! It's that seeing behind the scenes sort of thing that I'm always curious about. :3 Kudos on your persuasion skills!

As for my Fables, Mr. Weasel I mentioned about in your last question, though I'm still not sure what I was thinking that led me to Wind and the Willows and him. With Dixa, I just really wanted someone different to write about that was my own character other than Weasel, and so a Nepalese Yeti seemed to work. I know someone who's part Nepalese, and I like snowy mountains, so that's how it came together. And that's mostly it for my own characters. :D

• Interesting to know who you had in mind when you went for him. :D What about Makoto and Celeste?

Tetra posted: »

My OC Luke is based off of Tohru Adachi (my avatar) except I made a few tweaks in his personality and of course appearance wise with his abilities.

• Curious when and how inspiration will strike, like out of nowhere! What made you so set on making Lyla a Werewolf?

Lyla came to me out of nowhere; I was playing around with some ideas (I've shown what Lyla USED to look like ) The idea of her being a Werew

• It would be pretty awesome if the Nuckelavee turned up in season two now. XD Makes logical sense how you incorporated the Horsemen.

Nick actually came from this forum. A while back when Ep.5 had just been released, someone posted a thread of 'Potential villains for Season

• Dragons are interesting creatures, and your cross-over between a Chinese and European idea was a good one! Chinese dragons are much more serpent-like than European ones, but I think a mix works. Also, your stories must be the most action-packed on the thread! :D

MasterStone posted: »

I kinda created my first character Draco out of the blue. I also enjoy dragons and their origins and gotten some inspiration from the Fable

Sign in to comment in this discussion.